Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Favorite Punches        (Topic#1590811)
dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

What are your favorite "go to" punches - the ones you just couldn't live without? I love my 3" circle and square. I've also used my punch that makes a file folder tab alot.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to dsouza

Ohhhh I love punches! I have a lot of them!

My faves are my "Tag" punch, my "Large Circle" punch and my "Photo Corner" punch!

My "Heart" punch is a close runner-up!

I just bought a "Hexagon" punch this past weekend and I can't wait to use it!

Edited by Doreena on 09-10-13 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Doreena

I was just thinking about this last night....I need more basic Punches.

I want to get squares in sizes larger than my CM ones and Circles as well.

I want different star and hear shapes but I don't like the CM ones at all....Suggestions?

I also want to get Hexagons in different sizes. Must find more....

I love my border punches....LOVE them all. (I have about 40 of them) but I need basics....any suggestions are appreciated.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to PhotobearSam

I really love the Marvy punches. I have the circle and square punch below and really, really want the scalloped circle punch as well. They come in different sizes. I don't have a hexagon shaped punch, but I obviously need to check that out.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to dsouza

I love these two and use them A LOT!
Products Referenced in This Post:

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I love my border punches. I would have to say that my favorite right now is the EK success mini dotted scallop punch. It is like the Fiskars one only SMALL, LOVE IT

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I have the Fiskar border punch, but oh, oh! Drippy goo!! How cool is that! I must have one!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dsouza

Wow great topic, it's so hard to pick, I've never thought about it but I LOVE punches!

So....I will spread the love around on the brands here goes:

MS has just come out with a couple of new ones I am eyeing. And I don't have the circle punch system yet....still thinking about it. I have 44, some of them really small so I have to choose carefully space wise.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 09-10-13 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

For small punches I love the Fiskars squeeze punches. Those are so easy to use. I've had other corner punches and now only use the Fiskars rounded corner punches. So easy on my wrist.

I bought several round-the-page sets from Martha Stewart and hated them. Just couldn't get them right! I finally did a couple last week that came out perfect and now I'm in love with the round-the-page sets.

I bought 4 or 5 more sets of those in the last 2 weeks - was surprised that some are larger than others and use different paper sizes! Wildflowers and spiral arches are the two that you need larger paper for - just as a heads up. The rest all take a smaller size paper.

I also like the ribbon strip borders - don't know what you call them but they aren't for the borders - both sides cut.

I have the drippy goo border too! Its one of my favorites.

For some reason I HAD to have the Fiskars (I think its Fiskars) new rooster punch. No rhyme or reason why - just really liked him. Have no idea when I will use it. Maybe when we go to Key West again as there are chickens everywhere.

Edited by Henri Jean on 09-10-13 11:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks for sharing, Crimson Mama! I really like the Notebook Edge punch. I can think of all kinds of uses for that one! And Martha Stewart really does have some lovely punches, doesn't she? Hmmm, I'm seeing a few of those in my future!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Henri Jean

Henri Jean, someday you'll think to yourself "you know, I have that rooster punch that would be perfect for this page!" And you will know why the Scrapbook Gods whispered in your ear and said, "Buy it!"

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Oh yeah, I have the ribbon strip too...another great one!

I just got the EK Success Film strip punch. I don't see it here.

What about Puzzled?!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

• Henri Jean Said:

For some reason I HAD to have the Fiskars (I think its Fiskars) new rooster punch. No rhyme or reason why - just really liked him. Have no idea when I will use it. Maybe when we go to Key West again as there are chickens everywhere.

I did this same thing with the EK Success Anchor Punch........

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

There's an anchor punch? I NEED that one! Is it current?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Ooooooooh - I just went to ebay. There are 2 ek Success anchor punches. One is a punch with an anchor, appears to be a good size and there is an anchor border punch.

I must have them both. The scrapbook Gods are whispering to me again.

Love the puzzle punch - only used it on one layout but it is awesome! Love it! Will use it more. Especially on layouts with the granddaughters when they work puzzles later.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug

Any MS punches, I love them all. Particularly the around the page ones. The big punches I like are so darn heavy, but I lug them to every crop because if I didn't I would be unhappy with not having them.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to heidihug

Love punches and have many, not even to be counted!
Very interested in new MS punches and the EK success Film Strip. Need to look these up.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-10-13 06:41 PM
In response to ChansGram

Corners and borders!

And I am in serious need of Drippy Goo.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to stick

I feel a new obsession coming on!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

• Henri Jean Said:
Ooooooooh - I just went to ebay. There are 2 ek Success anchor punches. One is a punch with an anchor, appears to be a good size and there is an anchor border punch.

I must have them both. The scrapbook Gods are whispering to me again.

Love the puzzle punch - only used it on one layout but it is awesome! Love it! Will use it more. Especially on layouts with the granddaughters when they work puzzles later.

I personally liked the Anchor dies offered by Quickutz over the punch. And those of you wondering... here is the border punch and a MS punch i have been eying for AGES

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I love my basic circle and scalloped circle punches. I also really like my dotted scallop edge punch, and my cloud squeeze punch.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to mrsrogers52513

My favorite is my Martha Stewart Birds On A Wire edge punch. I truly love this punch. It's very small, and I use it all the time. I also love the MS butterfly punch. I have the one that does two butterflies, and you lay one on top of the other. I use that a lot. I'm not sure that they still make the one that I have.

I recently bought the MS Circle Edge Punch starter kit. I really like it but haven't mastered it yet. I want to buy more punches to go with the kit.

Edited by crichards1 on 09-11-13 06:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to crichards1

+1 on scalloped circles - I have three (different sizes) and want more) - that's the only regular shape I have

love edge punches - threading water and scalloped scallops the most, large scallop and note book punch next.

I had a chance to play with Stampin Up matching punches and stamps - what a treasure!!! love love love!! sooo expensive though.

one more line about punches I hate LOL))
I got a couple Punch Bunch punches in different sizes. sheeeeeesh... LOVE the shapes (flowers, hearts, star bursts, splashes, all kinds!) but they are such a pain to use! they have this big round top thing you press - really really hard - and of course, you can't flip the punch over to see WHERE you are punching... such a pain.

Edited by OlesyaK. on 09-11-13 09:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Please stop showing me these! Now I've got to have the haunted fence!

Is that a brand new one? If so I'll get it with a 40% off at one of the box store.

I like that the anchor punch and the anchor border punch look like they go together. I really thought I was through buying punches! YIKES!

Kara - I will look for the drippy goo for you because I think it is discontinued but I see it from time to time. Maybe its not discontinued.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Henri Jean Said:
Please stop showing me these! Now I've got to have the haunted fence!

Is that a brand new one? If so I'll get it with a 40% off at one of the box store.

I like that the anchor punch and the anchor border punch look like they go together. I really thought I was through buying punches! YIKES!

Kara - I will look for the drippy goo for you because I think it is discontinued but I see it from time to time. Maybe its not discontinued.

Yes this thread is bad...very bad! LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
+1 on scalloped circles - I have three (different sizes) and want more) - that's the only regular shape I have

love edge punches - threading water and scalloped scallops the most, large scallop and note book punch next.

I had a chance to play with Stampin Up matching punches and stamps - what a treasure!!! love love love!! sooo expensive though.

one more line about punches I hate LOL))
I got a couple Punch Bunch punches in different sizes. sheeeeeesh... LOVE the shapes (flowers, hearts, star bursts, splashes, all kinds!) but they are such a pain to use! they have this big round top thing you press - really really hard - and of course, you can't flip the punch over to see WHERE you are punching... such a pain.

Yes the punch top ones are a pain, but back int he day when I started buying punches that's all they had! Now I still have them and although they are a pain at times, I still use them once and a while. I don't think there are any punches in my stash I would get rid off! But of course I have favorites!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

The more I see on this thread, the more I want! My punch collection better make room for some new additions soon! I've even found myself thinking about the rooster punch, and I don't even like roosters!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:

I just got the EK Success Film strip punch. I don't see it here.

yes, that one! I got that a month ago or so.. awesome punch!
maybe sometimes I think the holes are a tad too close to the edge, but oh well..

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to OlesyaK.

Henri Jean - the punch is not a new one, it has been out for a while, I purchased it at the end of the halloween season last year (and forgot about it until I posted earlier)........

This post is incredibly addicting.... I have to add a couple more punches.... my WRMK corner chompers LOVE those guys.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I'll sneak in one more...perfect for "manly" and nautical projects.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Doreena, do tell if you like the hexagon punch. I think that is one I NEED. LOL!

My favorite: MS cherish punch around, photo corner and small/medium daisy punch. I use them the most.

I started scrapin' in 1996 and punches were the cool thing. I have boxes of them. I do use those "speciality" ones once in awhile but not as much as I hoped. I did buy a lizard one and have used that one the most.

Good question but dangerous....very dangerous.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

I love punches, collect them, and have several hundred! I especially love the Martha Stewart punches, and have almost all the round-the-page and edge sets. I punch out samples on paper and catalog them in a loose-leaf folder with page protectors. I label each one with a label maker, and write the names on my paper samples. That way I just look in my catalog to select the one I want for a particular project.

I also have quite a few Fiskars and EK punches, all of them catalogued.

There was also a Martha Stewart anchor punch (which I have), no longer available. I saw one a few weeks ago at Michael's on clearance for $5, but I already had it. I passed up getting a train engine punch for $5 and am sorry I didn't get it. I see it on ebay for upwards of $50.

One of the Martha Stewart single punches I use often is the bow, no longer available. Fiskars also makes a squeeze punch bow, and I use them both. The superstore has that one.

The latest is a MS combination edge and layering punch, not yet available anywhere, except for the ones I saw on ebay and I got them all. I also have all the circle punches, and most of the anywhere punches. I'll probably never use most of them but I'm addicted.

Punches are so handy to use. No need to drag out a big machine to cut out a shape. I started collecting them years ago, so I have a lot that are now discontinued. I bought most of them one at a time, using a discount coupon each time at Michael's or AC Moore. I order them from HSN when a new group of punches just comes out. The rest I get on ebay.

I suggest checking HSN to see if they might have anything you'd like, if it's not available here at the superstore.

By the way, the "rooster" you're referring to is really a turkey. I used that one several times for Thanksgiving cards.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Solitaire

No, she may have been referring to the rooster punch. There is turkey one too but cockadoodle is a rooster.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to corrie fan

I love any of the Fiskars squeeze punches because they are so easy for arhtritic fingers. The scalloped oval and the postage stamp have provided many, many ways to use the punched pieces.

merreena
Veteran
merreena

I am a fan of fiskars punches but my favourite and go-to punches are :

Fiskars - Border Punch - Scallop Sentiment

We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile - Corner Chomper Tool

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to merreena

Definitely a rooster and it is called "Cockadoodledoo" love it - hope to use it someday.

Gelidy - you just added another one to my "must haves".

This thread has been so dangerous. Bought the two anchor ones today.

Lord, have I been out of control with punches the past 3 or 4 weeks! Ever since I learned to use the around-the-corner!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-11-13 05:10 PM

Thanks, Henri! Drippy Goo is out of stock in the store here, I don't know if it's DC'd or not but I've been wanting it for a while.

Gelidy, the chain punch is one of my faves!!

I remembered another one of my fave borders - Bumpy Road! Also great for clouds, and just random curvyness.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

I've never seen the bumpy road - love it!

merreena
Veteran
merreena

Ohhh the bumpy road punch looks really cute! I'm tempted to purchase :P

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to merreena

Bumpy Road!!! What awesomeness! And I went out on Amazon today and found that they have the Drippy Goo punch available. So, if all else fails . . .

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I was going to say the same thing. There are 2 drippy goo's for under $14.00 and several in the $30's and $40's. Seems one was nearly $50. I closed the program out so isn't in front of me.

On Amazon there are two "buy-it-now" for $16.95 each I think.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Thanks, Henri! Drippy Goo is out of stock in the store here, I don't know if it's DC'd or not but I've been wanting it for a while.

you can still get the drippy goo directly from ek tools website - and if you wait a little, they usually have sales around holiday time (any holiday really). plus, they combine MS and EK punches into one purchase if you get some of each)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to OlesyaK.

I love border punches! I use some small shapes as well (love the very small heart punch for 'confetti' on my pages!) but my most used ones are border punches....
I like using the fall leaves border on fall layouts, snowflakes on my winter layouts, pumpkins on halloween etc...LOVE them and have a whole, large basket full!
I also like to layer them on layouts.....punch different edges and layer the punched papers on my page.....

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Pink Spoonbill

• Pink Spoonbill Said:
Doreena, do tell if you like the hexagon punch. I think that is one I NEED. LOL!

My favorite: MS cherish punch around, photo corner and small/medium daisy punch. I use them the most.

I started scrapin' in 1996 and punches were the cool thing. I have boxes of them. I do use those "speciality" ones once in awhile but not as much as I hoped. I did buy a lizard one and have used that one the most.

Okie dokie! I will! i have a feeling I am going to love it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I have to start ignoring this thread. I went out today to try to find the haunted fence punch. Wasn't at Hobby Lobby. Will try Michaels and Joanns later.

Need to go to Joanns anyway - there is a brand new Cricut cartridge called edge-to-edge and it looks awesome - exclusive at Joann's.

Also today they announced the monster bash cricut cartridge. Too cute not to get - some cute Halloweeny doily images on it and other cute things.

HELP!!!!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

We should start a Punch Addicts Anonymous. Oh wait, that's the secret name for scrapbookers.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I need to sign up for that!

Veteran

I love, love, love my border punches and my corner punches. I also like my smaller flower and leaf punches. I use my Cricut for just about everything else.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Since starting this whole "favorite punch" thread, I have determined that clearly, I have not fully utilized the wonders of the punch in my scrapbooking. And I've been scrapbooking many years now! I have some catching up to do, so I'll be printing out some coupons and doing a little shopping this weekend! And when Scrapbook.com has a free shipping coupon - watch out!

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to dsouza

Love my punches, I probably need that "addicts" group!

The ones I use the most often are Martha Stewart ones for letters and numbers. Just love them. They are big enough for titles and small enough for cards too. Between these and my alpha dies for my Cuttlebug, I never buy letter stickers any more.

I found my drippy goo punch at TJ Maxx for $3.50 last year. It was on clearance because the box was damaged but it works fine.

I think I need to look for that hexagon Fiskars punch. I really like all those style Fiskars, so easy on the hands. I have quite a few of them.

Edited by MisasMom on 09-13-13 05:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to MisasMom

Wow. You are all super motivational - I only have 4 regular punches & a couple of border ones. I haven't used half of them !

But for some reason, I now have to go look for something called Dipity Goo and a Halloween Fence. Perhaps a rooster (we were in Key West last summer) and I love the paw print one way back at the beginning of this thread !

This thread is fun !

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to 4tgrfans

Just saw a spider web deep border punch.

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap

I love my Martha Stewart Deep Edge punch. I am looking for an extra large "star" punch. Know of one?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Eager to Scrap

Last year I got my drippy goo, along with a couple of other Halloween punches for $5 each, I think it was, at Ross. Our TJMaxx didn't have much of any scrappy stuff, but Ross did. Too much :

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Keri - its Drippy Goo! Great for Halloween or even layouts of babies food messes! I used it for a Ghost Tour layout.

I think I have gotten all the ones I wanted except for the haunted fence. Need to get that at Michaels or Joanns with 40% coupon because it is almost $40.00!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Is the Halloween fence a new MS punch? I saw a picket fence MS punch at Michaels today, but wasn't overly impressed with it. In fact, all of their punches (except MS) were 30% off so I went with high expectations, only to have them dashed! On-line shopping may be my best bet. Except for a trip to JoAnn's this weekend. And Hobby Lobby.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

The haunted fence is an around the corner punch - crooked fence, seems it has bats and pumpkins maybe. Definitely has crows and spider webs.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/usercp_favorit es.php

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

I got mine from Amazon last year I think. I wasn't in time to get them at Ms or Js.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

I got the Haunted Fence set last year at AC Moore just after Halloween when it was on sale.

As it gets closer to a holiday, the stores get in new merchandise, and sometimes an older item is revived.

The drippy goo punch can be used as icing around the edge of a cake.

The biggest star punch made by MS is the all-over-the-page punch, and also the layering star.

It looks like the all-over star punch has been discontinued. But the layering star can punch out 2 different shapes -- one of them is a solid star, and the other has openings, so one can be placed over the other in 2 different colors.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Solitaire

Keri, I have the paw print one if you want to borrow it at ScrapFest, just let me know!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Pink Spoonbill Said:

Okie dokie! I will! i have a feeling I am going to love it!

Okay, so I am super excited to use my new hexagon punch but yet super scared LOL! What's wrong w/ me?!?!? Everytime i think of taking it out of the package I have trouble breathing! LOL!

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to dsouza

Grr where did you get it?? I have been looking everywhere for it!

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to crystalmorse

I got the small hexagon punch and love, love, love it!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• crystalmorse Said:
Grr where did you get it?? I have been looking everywhere for it!

Are you talking about my Hexagon punch?
I bought it at Joanne's. I had a 40% off coupon too so I saved over $7.00 on it.
Yippee!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

If you're talking about the hexagon punch, I saw one at Michaels this weekend.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I'm seeing the hexagon punches in all the box stores in two sizes I think! Maybe I should add those to my ever-to-quickly-growing collection.

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap
In response to Solitaire

thanks for the info on the star punch. I will try to find one.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

Stampin' Up! also has a Hexagon punch that came out this last year as well!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Okay, so I am super excited to use my new hexagon punch but yet super scared LOL! What's wrong w/ me?!?!? Everytime i think of taking it out of the package I have trouble breathing! LOL!

OMG me too!! I bought it at Joann with the coupon about a month ago, and still haven't used it! every time I look at it, it's intimidating LOL)) and that's after looking for the second hand CM hex punch for over a year - finally I get the hex punch... and nothing.
BUT! I've pinned the most fab layout with punched hexes a couple days ago - seriously have to lift it.
By the by, which size did you get? medium or large?

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I actually saw THREE sizes of Fiskar hexagon punches at JoAnn's last night. Small, Medium and Extra Large. They weren't on sale and there are no coupons this week, but don't think I wasn't tempted! Because I want all three all at once, right? No buying one at a time for me because I won't rest until I have all three. Sigh. It's sad.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to dsouza

• dsouza Said:
I actually saw THREE sizes of Fiskar hexagon punches at JoAnn's last night. Small, Medium and Extra Large. They weren't on sale and there are no coupons this week, but don't think I wasn't tempted! Because I want all three all at once, right? No buying one at a time for me because I won't rest until I have all three. Sigh. It's sad.

there is a small one too? I've only seen medium and up.
you do realize that if there is medium and extra large, that means there HAS to be a large one too? that means you will have to have all four!

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to Doreena

No. The tab punch.

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to OlesyaK.

I love my small one. I use it to get that quilted look. [image]http://http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/864827/view /3995031/-1/20/2.html[/image]
  • OlesyaK. Said:
  • dsouza Said:

you do realize that if there is medium and extra large, that means there HAS to be a large one too? that means you will have to have all four!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to OlesyaK.

Oh, Lord! What have I done? Now I'll have to research to see exactly how many sizes there are and then go on the hunt for them all! Oh, wait . . . that's the most fun of the scrapbooking process for me!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • Doreena Said:

OMG me too!! I bought it at Joann with the coupon about a month ago, and still haven't used it! every time I look at it, it's intimidating LOL)) and that's after looking for the second hand CM hex punch for over a year - finally I get the hex punch... and nothing.
BUT! I've pinned the most fab layout with punched hexes a couple days ago - seriously have to lift it.
By the by, which size did you get? medium or large?

X-Large! I went all out! Hahahahahah!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Doreena

So I searched scrapbook.com's store and Fiskar has three hexagon punches - Medium, Large and Extra-Large. But I have to say that there is quite a size difference between the Medium and Extra-large which is probably why I thought the Medium was small. Thank goodness! Now I can indulge my obsession and only purchase 3 instead of 4!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to dsouza

• dsouza Said:
So I searched scrapbook.com's store and Fiskar has three hexagon punches - Medium, Large and Extra-Large. But I have to say that there is quite a size difference between the Medium and Extra-large which is probably why I thought the Medium was small. Thank goodness! Now I can indulge my obsession and only purchase 3 instead of 4!

To just broaden the topic EVEN MORE..... Spellbinders has a whole nested set of Hexagons. I snatched that sucker up real quick. I love it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

I have the Spellbinders one as well, but there is just something about having a shape in punch form... just so easy and quick!
I will be after the Fiskar ones!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to ChansGram

Yes, a hexagon punch is very handy. You can punch out a bunch using different papers and lay them out to create a pattern. To do the same with a set of dies, you have to select one size and run it through multiple times with a different paper each time. You can do several at once, but they would each be a different size.

With a set of dies, you can place one inside the other to cut out a shape with an opening. You can do the same if you have a set of punches in different sizes. First punch out the large shape, and then position a smaller shape inside to punch.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Solitaire

With punches, I actually prefer punching the smaller shape first, so that I have the whole sheet of paper to hold onto when I place it in the larger punch.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Guess I need the 3 hexagons. If I don't them and they are disappointed and I need them will be disappointed. Better get them.

Scanning away today. Tonight Joe will show me how to do photoshop and I will get them ready to print for a book.

Doing 2,000 pages - think I got about 15 done.

Got 2 computers going full time.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Yes, a hexagon punch is very handy. You can punch out a bunch using different papers and lay them out to create a pattern. To do the same with a set of dies, you have to select one size and run it through multiple times with a different paper each time. You can do several at once, but they would each be a different size.

With a set of dies, you can place one inside the other to cut out a shape with an opening. You can do the same if you have a set of punches in different sizes. First punch out the large shape, and then position a smaller shape inside to punch.

I always run several sheets stacked together through with the dies, never had any problems lol. Although because I like hexagons, I may "Need" these as well lol

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Really, Gwynn? Must you feed my obsession? Now I'll have to get the Spell Binders hexagon set because I just never know when I'll need them in addition to the punches! LOL!!!!

I actually purchased my first Spell Binder dies a while back and used them for the first time this weekend. I did find them quite enjoyable. Do I dare ask what your favorite Spell Binder dies are?

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dsouza

I just got the x large hexagon punch...love the size.
I love all the Martha Stewart punch around the page punches...and her new circle edge punch.
I love the big We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 punches.
Another favorite is the MS Large Monarch butterfly punch..I like to layer them in contrasting pps and add jewels and pearl flourishes for a tail.
I shouldn't be reading all of this...there are about 5 more punches now I must have...and I have no more room!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

I have so many that I have to keep a list in my purse. It is four columns wide with 9 point font. Just got the new Fiskars hexagon medium to go with the large and rands one I already have. I have four five foot shelves in my scrap room that hold about 2/3 of my punches.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • dsouza Said:

I have only seen the medium, large and extra large so far.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to 950nancy

My two new punches that I am playing with are the Stampin' Up hexagon one and the chevron punch. Loving both of them!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • OlesyaK. Said:
  • dsouza Said:

I have only seen the medium, large and extra large so far.

Yes, Fiskars only does their squeeze punches in Medium, Large, and X-Large. I have never seen them call one of them Small.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to dsouza

• dsouza Said:
Really, Gwynn? Must you feed my obsession? Now I'll have to get the Spell Binders hexagon set because I just never know when I'll need them in addition to the punches! LOL!!!!

I actually purchased my first Spell Binder dies a while back and used them for the first time this weekend. I did find them quite enjoyable. Do I dare ask what your favorite Spell Binder dies are?

All of them...... I have an open relationship with Spellbinders/Sizzix/Stamp in' Up!/EK Success/Martha Stewart

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Today I found the large and extra large. Where I live, Michaels and Joann's both have 50% off coups.
I bought them with the intent of layering them but these 2 sizes seem like one is missing inbetween, but I know I got the large/extra large, so nothing inbetween. Just seems like there is too much edge showing.
I do like how easy they are to use, even my 5 yr old DGD was just cranking them out like nothing!

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat

2 circle
2 squares
2 hexagons
corner .. that i use for so many things

and I use my small butterfly one alot.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to kajunkat

oh! I totally forgot about my love obsession with this guy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• GwynnAsbury Said:
oh! I totally forgot about my love obsession with this guy

OOOhhhhh I like "him" too! Have you created any layouts w/ him? I'd love to see!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I love that one! Please stop showing me all these awesome punches!

The haunted fence still isn't in any of my local coupons and I really don't want to pay $39.95 for it on line! I want to use a 40% or 50% coupon!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

I have not created any layouts with him..... I have this problem... I like to purchase fun toys to play with and then I set them on my desk and caress them for ages BEFORE i use them.... He is still in the caressing stage....

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• GwynnAsbury Said:
I have not created any layouts with him..... I have this problem... I like to purchase fun toys to play with and then I set them on my desk and caress them for ages BEFORE i use them.... He is still in the caressing stage....

the name, just tell us the name!!! I think I'm in lust.. want one just like that all to myself LOL)))

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to OlesyaK.

If it is the chevron punch you want to know the name for, well it is a Stampin' Up punch called chevron.

Not sure if anyone else makes one. Yet.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to corrie fan

Thank you CorrieFan!
omg.. I watched a youtube video showing how you can turn the chevrons into a lattice fence border.. terrific.

PS: where in ontario are you?

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to OlesyaK.

You know, no one is mentioning any of the cartridge punches - the Knock Out or that new Fiskars system... not a favorite, heh?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• GwynnAsbury Said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I do that too sometimes! I am still caressing my hexagon punch!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics