Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Favorite Punches        (Topic#1590811)
GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
You know, no one is mentioning any of the cartridge punches - the Knock Out or that new Fiskars system... not a favorite, heh?

I disowned my Fiskars punches....... and avoid purchasing them at all cost. I do love some of their designs however, I do not like their lever/punch system. I much prefer the EK success punches as you can lock them in a closed position and have a slimmer profile. Martha Stewart is lucky I like her designs in punches so much or I would not purchase her punches for the same reason (crappy punch design).

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to GwynnAsbury

I just love my pawprint border punch and my superlarge circle punch. I use that to punch the front of cards.

BTW, what is WRONG with me? I've got dozens of punches and almost NEVER use any! Kind of like the Stickles in another thread, I forget the punches are there. Although they're hung in a shoe thingy on my scraproom door, so they're kind of too obvious to miss. But I do.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Doreena

It's payday and I just ordered the MS Birds on a Wire and Drippy Goo punches from Amazon. Free shipping and I had enough Discover points to pay for one of them! Yea!!! Can't wait for them to come in so I can play or maybe just look at them and love on them a little bit.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to dsouza

Whoo hoo! Enjoy!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to OlesyaK.

Ottawa.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to corrie fan

The SU punches are make by EK Success.

I like the slim profile ones as well. But at least the MS ones you can stand up and line up neatly unlike the old EK success style.

I refuse to admit to how many punches I have that I have never used.

They are really pretty though.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to corrie fan

Took advantage of the free shipping today and ordered the 3 Fiskar hexagon punches!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

Did not know it was free shipping day yesterday. Bummer, I missed it. Had a cart full of stuff including a punch.

I also have a lot of punches I have never used. Such a shame - but some day....

My favorite punches are definitely the Fiskar's squeeze punches because they are so easy to use. So many really require upper body strength just to make a border. Hate that. But it doesn't stop me from buying them.

For single image punches - I will go for the Fiskar's squeeze every time. I can work those with 2 fingers - so easy!

Glad you got the drippy goo punch. I used mine on a layout this weekend. Its definitely the one I use the most.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to Henri Jean

Henri Jean, yesterday wasn't the free shipping over $50 day. There is still free shipping over $80. Click on "Superstore" then "Coupons" for the code.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to crichards1

I love the looks of the WRMK Lucky 8 punches. The large ones are really hard to punch though. It takes a lot of pressure. The smaller WRMK are easy, and I do use those a lot. I only have one of the large ones. I do use it, but prefer the Martha Stewart for ease of use when I'm using a punch for the all around the page border.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I have 6 of the large Lucky 8. Love them but don't use them as much as I thought I would. They were nice last Easter. I had a big Easter dinner and my Easter table cloth has decorated eggs all over it. I used white china with no pattern or anything on it - just a plain white Lenox china.

I bought 8 pieces of pastel cardstock (took a dinner napkin to Michaels to match the paper with) and used the Lucky 8 punch to make my place mats. One was yellow, one pink, one light turquoise, one light green one pale orange - I picked out 8 different colors from the napkins and table cloth.

They were gorgeous punched with the Lucky 8. However, I tried them all to see which would make the right size for a place mat and only one of the large punch was big enough. For the rest the plates were bigger than the punched cardstock. I don't remember which one it was - wish I had made a note.

They are very hard to punch. I have to put them on my scrap table and push down.

I know there are plenty of things I want - haven't ordered from here in a long time. Going to go get the punch I want - its nearly $40.00 by itself.

And I found it right here on this thread ladies!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Alright all of you enablers. Today is free shipping day on scrapbook.com with $80.00.

The haunted fence I saw here an lusted after was on sale - from $35.99 to $25.00 - it is from last year and it doesn't look like it is going to be in the stores (how did I miss it last year?).

Also ordered a cute around the page snowflake punch on sale (as if I needed another snowflake punch), the anchor border punch (thought I ordered it on ebay but I guess I just looked at it)

Also got a few other cute punches. My order came to $81.00 and change so I made the $80 by just a few cents.

Does anyone use the Fiskar's border system? Some cute border punches with that. I keep thinking about it. However, have the Creative Memories border system and have never used any of them.

Funny story (kind of sad really) - was in Joann's yesterday and I asked in the scrapbook section "where are the Martha Stewart Halloween punches?"

She said, "Martha Stewart doesn't make paper craft items for Halloween. Only baking items and those are in another section."

I told her I knew there were some Martha Stewart Halloween punches because the scrapbookers I know have them. She told me they were not Martha Stewart - she had never made Halloween punches.

Okay.....

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

I have discovered that trying to explain to the employees at the big box stores about anything is a waste of time.........

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

Oh yeah!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

It's ridiculous that she argued with you. :::: I had a salesperson one time tell me that something didn't exist (non-scrapbook). I don't think she argued with me, though, when I told her about it.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

She just tried to tell me very matter-of-factly. Martha Stewart didn't make Halloween punches or Halloween paper crafts. Only baking stuff.

She let me know I was mistaken.

But at least now I have the non-existent Martha Stewart haunted Fence punch on its way this week!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• Henri Jean Said:
She just tried to tell me very matter-of-factly. Martha Stewart didn't make Halloween punches or Halloween paper crafts. Only baking stuff.

She let me know I was mistaken.

But at least now I have the non-existent Martha Stewart haunted Fence punch on its way this week!

Perhaps you could pop in to visit her with it and show her this non-existent item.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel UK

That is a good idea. When I get it in the mail and when I'm by there again I may.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

Lots of new Martha Stewart punches just in on the site under New Products! Just in case you don't have enough! See any you really can't wait to have?

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to dsouza

Nothing has peaked my interest yet, so for now my bank account is safe. =D

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

Uh oh... gonna go look. Not good - expecting a box of punches today or tomorrow already.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

Just to enable a bit...... lots of MS punches are in the clearance section......

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

Oh there is a NEW MS or two that I have my eye on!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

Which ones?

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to dsouza

I went to a sbing expo last feb. and bought a punch by we r memory keepers lucky 8 corner punch but not sure how to use it correctly??? I do not understand how to make it turn and go to the next section it is hanging there on my pegboard being overshadowed by all of my other scrap goodies!!! BOO HOO!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to mindygail

The Lucky 8 punch is the easiest thing out there to use. There is only one way the paper can go in so punch each corner - one corner at a time. It will not look right, like it is only half done but that is because it is only half done. Then flip the paper completely over to the back side and do the same thing on those 4 corners and you have it. Impossible to mess up - super easy.

I have 6 or 8 of them and love them because they are so easy to use although they can be hard to push. I have to put them on a flat surface to punch with them.

Here is a layout I just posted using one of the Lucky 8 punches:

Peek-A-Boo Roan By Henri Jean

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68

I tend to use my Marvy scalloped circle punches old fiskars border punches the most.

Oh and the Martha stewart butterfly punch .... But now that I think about it I think that is my moms. I have a big bag of pre punched butterflies I just found lol

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
I went to a sbing expo last feb. and bought a punch by we r memory keepers lucky 8 corner punch but not sure how to use it correctly??? I do not understand how to make it turn and go to the next section it is hanging there on my pegboard being overshadowed by all of my other scrap goodies!!! BOO HOO!

I agree with Henri Jean. The Lucky 8 punches are super easy to use. Just follow her directions and you'll have it! Didn't the punch come with directions. I think I still have the directions that came with mine. Here's a link from the We R Memory Keepers website that has a video showing you how it works. It should help you a lot. http://www.weronthenet.com/lucky8punchdemo

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to dsouza

Love punches! Photocorner, square, circle and heart get through many pages!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to fishdc

Bonnie, who is in the Flappers group does beautiful pages and one thing she did on some pages that I loved was to make her letters kind of fat - rolly poly I think is what cricut calls them.

Then in the fat part of the letters near the bottom she punched an image. The one I thought was super cool was the word Hawaii and punched a little palm tree in some of the letters.

I loved that so I bought a little palm tree punch. Last night I found recollections punches for 30% off and they had a little leaf which will be perfect to punch in the title work of fall layouts and put fall color paper behind it.

Also they had a tiny heart punch. How cute to punch that out in the letters of our granddaughters names or on Bill's name for Valentine's layouts.

Terri (pink spoonbill) made me want the Tidal Waves punch and I found it for 30% off last night.

Several months ago I hated punches. Hate them and didn't use any of them. Now I can't seem to buy enough. However, I'm caught up. I don't need anymore. And if no one else will show me any more that I have to have - then I'm all caught up buying them. For now.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

I use my ek dotted scallop punch more than the others I have

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to rolbricht

I have a bunch of punches I used to love many...I love martha stewart too. I do not use them much anymore since I have my Cameo..I have gotten cuts for the same martha stewart punches out there

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

I have over 70 punches and I love them all.
Love my Martha Stewart punches and Creative Memories punches as well. I have quite a few new ones.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics