Username Post: Least favorite thing        (Topic#1591127)
idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

To go with the most favorite thing in your scraproom- What is the least favorite thing in your scraproom? Mine would be my ribbon storage. I have tried several different ways and haven't found one I like yet.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to idlewoman

The wallpaper! It's butt ugly and unfortunately there is no changing it.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to idlewoman

I love my ribbon storage, idlewoman...
The thing I like the least? Other than that it's not bigger :), I don't really like my plastic storage containers. I would rather have more cubes, though they're not transportable, so plastic it is.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to heidihug

This is funny! I just finished redoing my room and the only thing left without a solution, is my ribbon! So I guess I'd have to say ribbon too, is my least fave.
I was actually going to YouTube and Pinterest tonight to look for new ideas. I've had them on the pegboard/dowels system, I've had them in drawers nicely lined up and I've had them on the jump ring system, which is where they are now, hanging from one of my floor lamps, then I've also had the jump ring system hanging on hooks over my door, so kinda looks like a curtain, problem being, it just looks sooo messy. When I switched it up last time I counted just over 500 spools and/or strips of ribbon. That's a problem! Where does one put so much ribbon? Anyone?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

My least favorite thing is the queen sized bed that my DD left in the room when she moved out. Her room isn't that big to begin with!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Luvmyfam

The carpeting. I wish I could replace it with some laminate flooring. It would make cleanup so much easier.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to olleharr

My least favourite thing is the lack of space and wall space. I would love to have a room all to myself so that I could display my art-work, but I just have a corner with shelving all up the walls. Don't get me wrong, I love my corner, but it's purely for working in, not for beauty.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to RedSquirrel UK

My least favorite thing is that I don't have a scraproom. My desk is a card table. I would love to have a really large table in a dedicated room.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to crichards1

My least favorite thing my paper storage. I have assorted paper in a bin for crops, I have stacks stored in 2 different places and I have a rolling cart with paper. I always feel like I'm looking for the right paper (from a line that I haven't used lately) and I end of finding 20 pieces of paper that I have no recollection of owning.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Amanda, I have to be organized since I don't have a dedicated scrap room. I learned the best way for me to store my paper by taking one of Jill's classes from this website. She gives you several different ideas. The one that worked best for me was to use Cropper Hoppers and organize by color. I have several Cropper Hoppers with dividers. I have all of my paper organized by color. I have a Cropper Hopper file folder behind each color that holds that color's scraps. Then finally I have a divider for patterned paper with a folder behind it for patterned scraps. You could easily have dividers for different brands of patterned paper if you'd rather do it that way. Before I started doing it this way I ended up buying way too much paper because I didn't think I had what I needed. I also cut up too many 12x12 pages when I actually had scraps in that color/pattern that would work. This is a great way for me. This isn't the only way of organizing paper that she suggests. It's just what works for me. I highly recommend taking the classes on here. Even if you've been scrapping for years I think you would learn something.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Mine is too small and doesn't have enough product in it.

I too have gone through the organization class and so now most of the major problems aren't there anymore. Yeah! I do wish I could get some cosmetic fixes done I think... like shelving that actually hung on the wall and a desk that would be the right color. Maybe someday when I get my ducks in a row though...

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to KatieJo

You have to have more than one Cropper Hopper and buy extra dividers. I couldn't possibly get by with just one either. I also buy the Paper Holders for the scraps. I'm sure you'll find a system that works for you though.

Edited by crichards1 on 09-26-13 04:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Plaster walls that I can't hang anything on

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Sneezy1956

I hate my cricut cart storage.....I have them right behind me but there are so many in the ArtBin organizers that it is hard to get to what I want. I plan on moving them to my closet and store them on their side. Mine are all Velcro-ed into their trays so it should work.

Expert
In response to Sneezy1956

The fact that it's in a basement where rainwater has been known to seep in through the walls after times of heavy rain (or snowmelt...or both...). It is nice that it's in the basement because I can get away from the boys, but not always! Not to mention I'm running out of room for storage!

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to HuskerMom98

My least favorite thing is that it is absolutely empty! I had to move all my stuff out in an emergency due to moisture and mold. I'll evenutally get to put it all back together, hopefully organized better. But for now, I have no scrap space, just piles of waiting to go home.

HuskerMom98, I highly recommend keeping papers stored in plastic bins. Mine were not and I lot a lot of paper and other things when mold hit us!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Frau_Cooney

My tables. I have 2 plastic tables in an L shape. I really want real wood built in tables.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to andrea m

LIGHTING...... I Want better ....i have good lighting ... but have been looking for a REASONABLE PRICE wall lamp with extension arm that the light faces downward ...not a a shade on it. Very difficult to find for like i said REASONABLE PRICE lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kajunkat

Samantha - I just downloaded Cricut Craft rooms and all my carts are now on my computer. No more carts - they are packed away in their boxes! I don't know when I've loved anything as much as CCR! WOW!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Henri Jean

Hmm, my least favorite right now is my chair! I thought it was pretty supportive, but I scrapped ALOT on sat, sun, n mon... Now my back ACHES!!! Gotta try a diff chair this week!!

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to Juansmom

My least favorite thing is my Martha Stewart circle cutter. Utterly useless as far as I'm concerned. At least my uber ugly pink carpet (2nd least favorite thing in my scraproom) is soft & keeps my tootsies warm!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to PhotobearSam

• PhotobearSam Said:
I hate my cricut cart storage.....I have them right behind me but there are so many in the ArtBin organizers that it is hard to get to what I want. I plan on moving them to my closet and store them on their side. Mine are all Velcro-ed into their trays so it should work.

Go to Cricut's website and try out their Cricut Craft Room! Do it today! You can download all of your cartridges and store the images on-line and then you're able to pack up all your cartridges and put them away and work from your computer. I found out about the CCR a few weeks ago right here on this forum and it has transformed my scrapbooking! It's free and you get some free images as well!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I am totally amazed at how easy CCR is - so much more convenient. It does so much more than the gypsy could dream of doing and so much easier.

I never enjoyed my Cricut that much - used it occasionally - now I use my Cricut constantly!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dsouza

Well and cart storage is why I never wanted one. Takes up too much room. I'm limited.

I think the least fave thing about my space is the lack of natural light. I have a window but it's shaded. If hubby and I trade spaces like we plan, I will have a LOT more light.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Juansmom

No CCR for me....I don't want to use a computer to craft at all.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Juansmom

my least favorite thing... I have 2.
1st no tv. booo hooo
2nd my scraping table does not face a window. booo hoo

Veteran
In response to Juansmom

The big, old bed. My son came back home for 6 months and he had to have somewhere to sleep! I had previously taken his entire room for scrapbooking. Well, now he's gone again and I still have this honking bed in there. I can't get rid of it because I paid too much for it to begin with, so now it's there! Please, God, help us find a new home soon. One with a very large outbuilding that I can convert to a sewing/scrapping studio!!!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Mimiof123

Least favorite thing? That would be (in terms of scrapping tools) my Cropadile. Since it's still in its plastic from 3 years ago, I'd say it's not a favorite. Just got a new desk from Target, so that's not my least favorite any more. Yay!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to heidihug

Wow!
You are a role model! I love the arts & crafts, arts & crafts room is a big mess mess mess. And you have to walk around, step over, scooch between piles of things all over the place.

So impressive. Thanks for sharing your photo!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Loen210

mine right now would be it so tight right now with a office / scrapbook room not enough space

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to southern lady

This is an old thread, but my least favorite thing in my craft room is a husband and his computer desk. I love the husband, but I'd love him even more in another room :>) Instead I'm huddled in my office. Definitely need to get some things moved around!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to idlewoman

My least fav thing in my scrap room is a long counter that is holding my albums & some crop boxes & my sewing machine. It was a built in bath cabinet that is from the 70s we moved 2 yrs ago & since everything was built in at the old house I had to buy lots of the scrap furniture & a desk I adore & we haven't had enough money for me to get an expedit. I had to bring it to hold stuff till we can get one.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

oh boy ccr huh? I may have to try that out soon. I do not use my computer at all to scrapbook!!!!
Least fave thing is :
oh boy idk, my cricut expression 2
yeah you heard that right !!!! I expected more out of it but blah!!!

justCecilia
Tenant
justCecilia
In response to Juansmom

The lack of space. My scrapbook room doubles as a den/TV room/storage room. I really don't have that much space in there to get things organized like I want.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to justCecilia

I can't complain because I have a wonderful room with tons of natural light and a nice closet, but our cat box is in the closet taking up precious space...and can be unpleasant, of course.

Nothing wrong with bringing an old thread to life)

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

At this time of year my least favourite thing about my craft room is the heat. It has 2.5 external walls (south and west-facing) and the sun shines on it almost all day. If I have the curtains closed, it's too dark to work.

But that kind of weather is rare in England, so my most-felt moan is lack of space. Of course.

HobbitKeeper
New Kid On the Block
HobbitKeeper

My least favorite thing is the mess. I'm struggling to get it cleaned and organized. It is also my sewing studio so there is plenty of fabric, patterns, notions and machines in the way as well.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to HobbitKeeper

My clear stamp storage, I can never find anything.

Expert
In response to idlewoman

My small desk would be my least favourite thing!
That and the fact that currently my scrap space is in my hubbys' shed.......outside in the backyard....and it's winter here, so no night time scrapping for me at the moment.

Edited by christiscraps61 on 07-27-14 01:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to christiscraps61

My least favorite thing is what a mess it is. Hoping to work on organizing it this year. If it's a "thing," I would have to say my 7gysies binderie (?). Why did I get it? I don't think I've ever used it.

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to sassiescrapper

While I know I am very fortunate to have my own scrap room in the unfinished portion over our garage, that's my problem. I have no heat in the winter so everything, my glue and paints freeze. I have finally put up a ceiling fan, so the summer months are more bearable.

Expert
In response to Memories4Ever

I take back my complaint about it being to cold to scrap out in hubby's shed at night....at least my glue and paint doesn't freeze....oh my, now that IS cold.....

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to christiscraps61

I don't like the gray office furniture in my studio room. It has to be completely unassembled to get it out of the room and I don't think I could put it back together ever again. I can't afford all new furniture. I want laminate flooring but that won't happen. Next summer the room will be repainted.

MeMovieGal
Tenant
MeMovieGal
In response to Juansmom

gotta be the punch storage. I have not found a workable solution. I like things to be put away, but still easily accessible, trying to achieve this with my punches is not working well, I have a cabinet that has very narrow (in height) shelves that would work perfecting if I could find some sturdy trays that I could put the punches on in a single layer and then pull out the trays as I need to view the punches. I am not a good shopper, so I never can seem to stumble upon a tray that would work (that is affordable of course)

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to MeMovieGal

Me too! I have a metal bin that I've dumped a bunch of punches into but I have more punches so I've got additional little plastic bins of them. I think I have too much.

EmahB
EmahB 
Expert
EmahB
  • EmahB on 07-30-14 11:06 AM
In response to Juansmom

I have 2 - my stamp storage and my desk. My desk is forever cluttered (even after I clean it up) and my stamp storage is atrocious. I don't have a central place to keep my stamps so some are here and some are there.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to EmahB

When you realize your beautifully, perfectly organized paint,stickle and ink pads are an invitation to the toddler to grab and eat. Nothing like a yellow inked face to realize you have to find a new organizing solution.

cupcakepeddler
New Kid On the Block
cupcakepeddler
In response to Juansmom

Mine is the wall that my desk faces, it is the width of the house and is a bright electric blue, blurgh. We rent so there is always something that I dislike about the space that I end up in but that wall colour is up there with the worst of them.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to cupcakepeddler

Jill! And right there, you have another scrapbook page!

c4cinders58
Tenant
c4cinders58

I can't complain about my space. We just moved to a new home right on the Colorado river and hubby and my wonderful brother in law built me an office/scrap room facing the beautiful view of the water. I love pink and cats and so my office is all in pink and kitties. Beautiful AC and heater, lots of storage and what more could a girl ask for. But if I had to pick something, I would say that somehow the bugs still seem to find a way in here along with the dust and sand and that can be ucky.

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to sassiescrapper

I don't care for all the storage cubes and drawers that I picked up at Joann's and Michael's.....ready for something different and not white this time!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Mimiof123

• Mimiof123 Said:
The big, old bed. My son came back home for 6 months and he had to have somewhere to sleep! I had previously taken his entire room for scrapbooking.

I think a big bed in my scraproom/guest bedroom is the BEST part - it's soo easy to spread out the photos and papers all over, and little kids are not stepping on them on the floor)))
the worst at the moment is the chair. I got a nice office chair second hand and love it, except one of the handles is falling apart. it's constantly scratching my forearm. glued it several times - didn't help. sigh..

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to OlesyaK.

For me it is the large bins of things to put away. I had a mold problem last year. I managed to save a lot of my things, but the room had to be gutted. Great opportunity to organize, if I could just find the time!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics