Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: ~October Anything Goes Challenge~        (Topic#1591233)
justLyn
Queen
justLyn

ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE

October is almost here! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until October 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than October 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Lynda Strum
434 Clover Rd
Venice, FL 34293

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to [email protected] il.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.46

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or before August 31 count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on August 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week 1: 1-6 Lyn
Week 2: 7-13 New Julie
Week 3: 14-20 Norma
Week 4: 21-27 New Julie
Week 5: 28-31 Linda

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Players:
paid:

Marty (ScrappinTraveler) 0/10
Julie (senora_x) 3/10
New Julie (julie101) 7/31
Karen (SplendidMoments) 0/10
Linda (boricuapr) 2/20

motivational:
Teresa (TeresaKay) 0/10
Rhonda (YourScrapAttack) 0/10
Norma (njr007) 0/2
Lyn (justlyn) 0/10

Edited by justLyn on 10-16-13 01:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~October 2013 Points~

(print this out so when you want to add up your points you have it right next to your LO)

BONUS POINTS!!!!
(Please note that I extended these 400 point deadline since I am so late getting this up.)
take +400 bonus points if you pay by Oct 5th,
take +300 points if you pay by Oct 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER each foam piece ~new~
- PER each felt piece ~new~
- PER each tulle piece ~new~
- PER each acetate piece ~new~
- PER item used that is over 1 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 years, not just taken over 1 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

75 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
using a quote or song lyrics
having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes: Back to School, Heritage
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)
- paper piecing ~new~
- tags ~new~
- banner ~new~

75 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- pages with no pics ~new~
- 12x12 overlays ~new~
- masking or stenciling ~new~

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken August 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Edited by justLyn on 09-30-13 10:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Daily Challenges~

200 pts.
Part 1 - set up you signature line.
Part 2 - put all your September LOs in their albums or where you keep them. Didn't scrap in September? Then take a few minutes to reacquaint yourself with your supplies.
Use a big title on a LO today OR make a card with the sentiment in big letters. 300 pts
Please take 300 points for bad hostess day for today's daily!
Today is my nephew's birthday, and when I realized that he is now 43 I suddenly felt old. So let's do a LO about a YOUNG person! (Young open to your interpretation.) 400 pts
Something new day! Try a technique you've not used before. 400 pts

Using a photo not in colour 300 Points
Use a photo larger then 4x6 300 Points
Use a stamp on your layout 200 Points
Redo a layout that you were happy with don't forget to share the layout your redoing 300 Points
Take 300 Points
Use at least 3 photos 400 Points

Anyhting Goes Daily Challenge By Julie101 400 pts

Scraplift someone in this challenge 300 pts
Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, lets do a layout using MOSTLY pink 250 points
it’s National Dictionary Day Use a dictionary definition on your LO today, it can be ripped out of a real dictionary, printed off your computer, hand-journaled, whatever! 300 points
use an old photo – at least 25 years old or more on your layout 400 points
use a new photo - taken after September 1, 2013 on your layout 300 points
It’s Saturday which means it college football day and my beloved Red Raiders are playing so use red and black 250 for a layout, 150 for a card
Share a tutorial for 200 points
Use different shapes for your photo or photos 400 Points
Do a layout in black and white 300 Points
Daily Use bright colour on a layout 300 Points
Scrap lift a layout from the gallery 300 Points
I want to see flowers buttons and stickers 300 Points
Take 300 Points are I forgot about my daily
Use punches and die cuts 400 Points
Fall frenzy needs relaxation. Do LO about anything that relaxes you (nap, coffee in bed, etc.) 400 points
300 points if you upload picture of your favorite Halloween decoration.
my bad! Didn't get back on last night to post challenge so add an easy 400 points.
Trick or Treat Upload pic of Halloween candy for 300 points.

Edited by justLyn on 10-30-13 08:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Weekly Challenges~

Week 1: 1-6

"Interview" an inanimate object! Then do a LO using your interview as the journaling. This can be either serious, sentimental, or silly.
Here is an example of one my DD1 did some years back: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/digital /1337731....
700 pts

Photos: 100 pts each
something in your handwriting
something that frustrates you
something that relaxes you
something that makes you laugh

Week 2: 7-13
Celebration as kids are back at school so do a layout of a celebration any kind birthday, birth, marriage etc 500 Points take extra 200 Points if you using at least 5 of the following items 1. Eyelets 2. Die Cuts 3. Punches 4. Washi Tape 5. Ink 6. Brads 7. Glitter 8. Chipboard 9. Embossing 10. Twine/ Ribbon cause I'm in a great mood take extra 100 Point if you can use all 10 items

Local Photo

Take 5 Photo of your local area
100 Point each photo

Week 3: 14-20
We tend to scrap about our loved ones, but rarely about ourselves, so for this week challenge be sure to include you in the layout-at least one photo must include you 400 pts

Weekly photo challenge
Something boys play with 75 pts
Something girls play with 75 pts
Something your pet plays with 75 pts
Something YOU play with 75 pts

Week 4: 21-27

This week is RSPCA walk a thon to rasie money for unwanted pets. So do a layout of a pet 300 Points

Photos:
Self Portrait
A Flowers
Favourite Shoes
Shadow
The sky

100 Point each photo

Week 5: 28-31
Weekly lo challenge will be simple. Everyone seems to be busy little bees this month. Use yellow and black for 300 points and if you add anything relating to a bee (hive, bee, honey, etc.) add another 200 points.

Weekly pics is colors 100 each for anything in these colors
black
orange
green
purple

Edited by justLyn on 10-28-13 08:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

~Monthly Challenge~

Some time ago, I read in someone's blog where they were participating in a challenge called PINT – Pictures I Never Took. I never did check out the challenge, but the idea has really stuck with me. So many occasions and incidents came along, and I didn't have a camera handy! Sometimes there was nothing to have even taken a picture.

So here is your challenge: We all have those memories, the ones with no photos to go with them. Let's dust off those memories and scrap them! Take an extra 250 points for each of these no-photo memories LOs you do.

RULES:
No actual event/person photos. Stock-type or generic photos are okay, but are not necessary and should not be prominent. An example of a generic photo would be a picture of a plate of pancakes with a funny story about my cousin and eating pancakes.

Use journaling to tell the story. Minimum of 100 words. Take DOUBLE points for all your journaling on these LOs! (So 10 points per word instead of 5.)

BONUS! 3000 pts
Use these no-photo memories to create 8 or more LOs (8x8 or larger) OR do a mini album smaller than 8x8 (8 double pages or more) OR do 6 double pages in a smash-type book.

Edited by justLyn on 10-02-13 12:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Something New this month!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

A HUGE thank you to Quay for hosting this challenge for us! She did an amazing job here, and is going to be a tough act to follow! She has stepped down from hosting, but we will look for her to pop in regularly.

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to justLyn

Hi Lyn! Sign me up!! :-)

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to ScrappinTraveler

Thank you Quay!!! and Thank you Lyn!!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

I am going to try to get back into scrapping! This is a busy month but put me down for 10!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to senora_x

I'm in thanks put me down for 31 I'll pay shortly

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to julie101

I have just paid

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to julie101

New Julie - got it! I've got you down for week 2 challenges.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Glad to have you back, Marty! What would you like for a goal this month?

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Welcome back, Julie! How is the new school working?

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to justLyn

Thanks lyn! School is awesome! My daughter and I are both happy with the change!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
New Julie - got it! I've got you down for week 2 challenges.

No worries thanks

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to julie101

Sorry, ladies. I overslept this morning!

Today's daily is worth 200 pts.
Part 1 - set up you signature line.
Part 2 - put all your September LOs in their albums or where you keep them. Didn't scrap in September? Then take a few minutes to reacquaint yourself with your supplies.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Weekly: "Interview" an inanimate object! Then do a LO using your interview as the journaling. This can be either serious, sentimental, or silly.
Here is an example of one my DD1 did some years back: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/digital /1337731....
700 pts

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Weekly photos: 100 pts each

something in your handwriting
something that frustrates you
something that relaxes you
something that makes you laugh

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to justLyn

Good Morning
Sorry I have been missingin action ...lol We moved into a new apartment this weekend so all my scrap stuff is still packed. I am in for motivational this month 5 layouts probably won't get my scraproom set up until the middle sof the month. I miss everyone. We don't have internet at the moment because we can't find out router...lol and can't buy one until next week .
Hope everyone is well

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
Glad to have you back, Marty! What would you like for a goal this month?

Hi! Sorry about that -10 for Oct - I'm hoping I'll do better than that but we'll see!

It's been brutal at work the last couple of weeks - and I am now officially furloughed. I'm just hoping we can get through all this stuff fast. Only benefit is I'll have some scrap time . . . but the paycheck is going to take a huge hit again. OK - I'm going to be positive! I'm in the bus heading home so maybe I can come up with a plan for my next layout :-)

julie101
Diva
julie101

Here is my first 7

Monopoly By Julie101
200 Points siggy statues
40 Points title
5 Points bling
5 Points clean up
130 Points cc and pp used
70 Points inked used
180 Points die cuts
10 Points distressing
10 Points old items back ground paper
300 Points other challenges Cricut Challenge, VLB Challenge, Layout a day, Volume Scrapping
50 Points 12x12
50 Points paper piecing
75 Points own design
20 Points photos
20 Points people in photo
20 Points taking 2013
10 Points rounding corners
40 Points smaller than 4x6 photos
20 Points over lapping

Total 1255

Things to Remember By Julie101
75 Points title
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy update
50 Points pp and used
10 Points die cut
10 Points washi tape
10 Point punch
300 Points VLB Challenge, Volume Scrapping, Layout a Day and Smash book
100 Points double layout
50 Points doodling
75 Points own design

Total 690

Week 2 By Julie101
105 Points title
35 Points bling
5 Points clean up
5 Points sticker
30 Points cc and pp used
70 Points washi tape
10 Points punch
10 Points flower
10 Points felt
300 Points other challenges VLB Challenge, Volume scrapping, Smash Book, Layout a Day
75 Points journaling
75 Points quote
100 Points double layout
75 Points own design
10 Points for photo
10 Points for person
10 Points rounding corners
10 Points taking 2013
20 Points photo of me
20 Points smaller than 4x6
20 Points over lapping
920 Points for journaling
100 Points for 100 plus hand written words

Total 1920

Whats the Scoop? For October By Julie101
120 Points title
5 Points clean up
20 Points cc and pp used
10 Points punches
170 Points old items (title stickers)
300 Points other challenges VLB Challenge, Smash Book, Layout a Day and Volume Scrapping
75 Points journaling
75 Points quote
100 Points double layout
50 Points doodling
75 Points own design
195 Points journaling
50 Points hand written

Total 1245

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to julie101

Good Morning!

Daily 10/2 - Use a big title on a LO today OR make a card with the sentiment in big letters. 300 pts

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to justLyn

Hello everyone! Glad to see everyone here and some inspiration already!

Count me in for 10 please Lyn!

Question about the Monthly Lyn.....
The bonus points: creating a mini album.... is that a mini album pertaining to anything or is that about the generic lo's.
Also the monthly challenge is only one LO correct? Is the total monthly points based on the journaling points only minus the bonus points? (other than the counted points per lo)

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to SplendidMoments

400 Paid 10/1
5 siggy
-----------

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments

200 daily 10/1 siggy, put away lo's completed
5 siggy
----------
205 + 405 = 610

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Karen & Teresa - glad to have you back!

Julie & Karen - received your payment.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

• SplendidMoments Said:
Hello everyone! Glad to see everyone here and some inspiration already!

Count me in for 10 please Lyn!

Question about the Monthly Lyn.....
The bonus points: creating a mini album.... is that a mini album pertaining to anything or is that about the generic lo's.
Also the monthly challenge is only one LO correct? Is the total monthly points based on the journaling points only minus the bonus points? (other than the counted points per lo)

Thanks for asking - I had missed copying a sentence! I think I cleared up the confusion on the first page, too.

The bonus is for the pages/mini/album created with the no-photo memories.

Take 250 points for each of these pages, plus you still count all the points from the point list, doubling the points for journaling.

Did that make more sense?

Edited by justLyn on 10-02-13 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to justLyn

I'm in and sending check. Hopefully the shut down won't delay it.

Linda

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

Welcome back, Linda! How many LOs should I put you down for?

Governor

Marty,

Was wondering about work...but hey, being positive you should be able to knock 5 out this week.

I went through so many of these stupid "volunteer to work" episodes in the 70s that I went to private industry. At least they can't ask you to come in and we might pay you in a few weeks.

Governor
In response to justLyn

OK guess I'm in for 20 since that's what I put in siggy! Finally heading to PO to get stamps from machine.

Thanks again for hosting!!!!!!

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Lynn, OK this is going to be a hard one to add up so let me know if this is right?

The Bear Necessities... By Boricuapr

265 title
40 photo corners, brads, ets
5 updating siggy
5 clean-up
10 cardstock/pp
20 die-cut shapes
120 per item 1yr+ and older
375 dual challenge
75 quotes/lyrics
75 journaling
50 12x12 lo
75 original design
75 no pics
2645 journaling
300 Day 2 challenge points
4135 regular point total

250 Monthly lo points 1 of 8 wish I had a pic moments
2645 Monthly double my journaling points

7030 total for this lo

This LO is about the Fiesta Latina Festival and Hispanic Heritage Month events at the zoo. I have pics of other activities during the month, but NO ONE has a pic of the speech that night, not even the zoo, local TV channels/newspapers, or Ambassador from Peru!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

Linda - FABULOUS! And the points like good, too.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

I am so sorry, girls! I am out of the habit of posting dailies, it seems. Please take 300 points for bad hostess day for today's daily!

Governor
In response to justLyn

Thanks for the points!
315 for posting and updating today.

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to boricuapr

I'll take that! :-). I haven't finished any layouts yet. . .I've been making lots and lots of kits for a crop coming up (not this weekend but next). As soon as I get a few more done I'll start scrapping! :-)

300 daily points
5 Siggy

julie101
Diva
julie101

300 Daily Points
50 Points comments left
5 Points siggy update

Total 355

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to julie101

Just checking in! My daughter spent the week studying the towns history at school and spent 2 full days on field trips. They have to make a scrapbook thats due monday! So we spent a few hours tonight and got 5/10 pages complete for her project and it got me scrapping again!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to senora_x

Good morning!

Julie, what fun to do a scrapbook with your daughter even if it is a school project. I supplied some stuff for my neighbor a while back for her daughter's scrapbook project for school. I think it's awesome to incorporate this kind of project in the curriculum.

Marty:
I envy your ability to put kits together. I am afraid of not putting what I need/want/should have in a kit. I wouldn't know where to start putting one together. I have plenty kits from SEI from their kit club each month. I tried to follow suit and did not prevail! LOL

Lyn:
Yes and thank you, it all makes sense now. Have my brain on overload to come up with them now! LOL

Everyone else:
Hope all is well and having a good week... looking forward to a better weekend.

I have some projects that I am tweaking and hope to get them up this weekend. I tweak too much! LOL.

Have a great day everyone!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Daily for 10/4: Today is my nephew's birthday, and when I realized that he is now 43 I suddenly felt old So let's do a LO about a YOUNG person! (Young open to your interpretation.) 400 pts

Edited by justLyn on 10-04-13 08:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to justLyn

jci and I'm so behind already and beyond busy this weekend. Hope to get something done by Sunday. Hope to check in tomorrow.

Lyn,
Love the monthly challenges and prepped some of my journaling at lunch breaks.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

Daily 10/5: Something new day! Try a technique you've not used before. 400 pts

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to justLyn

Well it's only 10:00 and I've already gotten a new set of tires put on my car and my groceries bought for the week. Now off to pick up a bit and get started at catching up around here!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to senora_x

So I had my first outing today by myself. I have been finally driving a little here and a little there. I had my brakes worked on yesterday so I am safe with my car now. $72 more than I expected to pay, but hey I am safe. It's weird to drive with a brace on my foot and not being able to move my ankle (remember it's fused). I am doing good though. So I went to Walmart and got a few things for the house. My life lately has been a roller coaster, so getting out and about was kinda good for the soul. At least till I got home and back to the norm of things! LOL

I did however sneak over to the ribbon section and found some pretty lace ribbon that I have been wanting. I wished they had more of a selection. Even Michaels doesn't have that great of a selection on ribbon/lace!!

I just make sneak into my room today while the hubby is at band practice. I have "many" projects in the making, maybe I can conquer one or two.

Taco's for dinner tonight! So this should be, at least I hope, and easy day.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to justLyn

can i play motivational please? i signed up and paid last month but didnt have time to play as my grandma was ill.

id like 10 please

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to YourScrapAttack

Hi everyone I have almost got my scrapbook room unpacked and ready to scrap I am getting off work at 6 and I am off tomorrow so hopefully I will get it finished and get some scrapping in this weekend :))

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Teresakay

Good Morning all just dropping in to say HELLO I got a few layout in the works and a couple of card cut all the paper just need to put them together.

Last weekend before my daughter goes back to school.

Governor
In response to julie101

ACU on the love and hope to get something scrapped this weekend.

Lynn,
I should have a regular work schedule for 10/28-31, so I can dailies for you.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Morning Ladies

Well my turn for the challenge so here it goes

Weekly 7/10 Celebration as kids are back at school so do a layout of a celebration any kind birthday, birth, marriage etc 500 Points take extra 200 Points if you using at least 5 of the following items 1. Eyelets 2. Die Cuts 3. Punches 4. Washi Tape 5. Ink 6. Brads 7. Glitter 8. Chipboard 9. Embossing 10. Twine/ Ribbon cause I'm in a great mood take extra 100 Point f you can use all 10 items

Weekly Photos

Local Photo

Take 5 Photo of your local area
100 Point each photo

Daily 7/10 Using a photo not in colour 300 Points

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to boricuapr

Here are my weekly pics:

The descriptions are on my blog: http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/30767/view/2925 01.html

+400 weekly pics
+400 paid by October 5
+200 October 1 daily: set up siggy and cleaned and reacquainted myself with my supplies.
+300 October 3 daily: bad hostess points

total: 1300

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to boricuapr

My daughter and I finished her scrapbook project that is due tomorrow! We probably put more effort into it than required but will be fun to have! will take me a few days to get them all tallied up!

School By Senora_x
+ 30 letters in title
+ 10 brads
+ 5 cleaned up space
+ 50 cs/pp
+ 20 ribbon/thread
+ 40 diecut shapes
+ 20 flowers
+ 20 per punch
+ 10 ribbon over year old
+ 75 journaling
+ 50 8x8 page
+100 handmade by me flower
+ 20 per pic
+ 20 per pic taken this month
+ 40 per pic without people
+ 40 per pic 3x3
+ 20 embellies overlapping pic
+155 journaling
+ 50 handwritten
+100 machine sewing
+100 scraplifting http://www.pinterest.com/pin/13144888284687650 4/

AB Chance By Senora_x
+ 10 buttons/brad
+ 5 cleaned up
+ 60 cs/pp
+ 10 twine
+ 50 diecut shapes
+ 20 flowers
+ 30 per punches
+ 10 twine over year old
+ 75 journaling
+ 50 8x8
+100 handmade by me flowers
+ 75 own design
+ 10 per pic
+ 10 per pic taken this month
+ 20 per pics without people
+ 20 embellies overlapping pics
+105 journaling
+ 50 handwritten

Railroad By Senora_x
+ 40 letters in title
+ 15 brads
+ 5 update siggy
+ 5 cleaned up
+ 40 cs/pp
+ 60 flowers
+ 60 per punch
+ 75 journaling
+ 50 8x8 layout
+300 handmade flowers
+ 10 per pic
+ 10 per pic taken this month
+ 20 per pic without people
+ 20 embellies overlapping pic
+ 75 journaling words
+ 50 handwritten
+100 scraplifting http://www.pinterest.com/pin/18556244711962739 6/

pages: 3
total: 3945

+ 25 comments made oct 3

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to senora_x

Hi ladies....trying to get my scrap room clean and coming up with ideas for a craft show I am doing with a friend next month, there was no link in September for October so did not get a chance to add to favorites. I guess I will be motivational this month as I gear up for November.

Has Quay popped in to announce the September winners?

Will try to get caught up now. Have a good week.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to boricuapr

Karen, glad to hear you were able to drive again and get out of the house! It has to be rough to lose your independence! Hope you are feeling better.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to julie101

Question dose Dimensional pearls count towards pearls?

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to julie101

I am so sorry! I must have caught a bug or something and was a zombie yesterday. I didn't even look at the scrapping goodies all laid out on my table!

Have to run to the store, and then I will be back to catch up.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to justLyn

8/10 Daily Use a photo larger then 4x6 300 Points

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-07-13 04:46 PM
In response to julie101

Goooooooooooooooood Evening Everyone!!! Had a few minutes to myself and thought I would pop in and say HI!!

I've been helping my Mom pack up her things so we can move her in on the 26th. Then I have a BFF that is moving in also. Her DH is a $%#@*&@ and she is leaving him. SO I have a roommate now! hehe We will be sharing my bedroom and having a slumber party every night!! hehe I have known Venita since JR. High and we have always been like sister's! I'm sure we will fight like sisters too! hahaha

My life has not slowed down at all this month. And November doesn't look any better! BUT, that's ok, when I'm busy I'm not dwelling on David being in Heaven! soooooooo, I guess I could say my life is ok right now!

I might actually try to play along next month! Since my mom and Venita will be here we will be scrapping together so maybe, I can get some LO's uploaded here!! x your fingers!! hehehe

Alrighty you guys....I asked Lyn if she wanted to do the winners, and if she says no then I will be back to announce the winners!!! ok?

xoxoxoxox you guys!!!

Governor
In response to Quay

Hey Quay,
Glad things are moving along for you and some progress is better than no progress! So glad you'll have your own crops and the best part is you don't have to pack it up to take somewhere else!!!
Linda

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

Okay, now I'm going to get caught up!

Karen, so glad to hear you're making progress! Driving again should be a great big step toward being independent again.

Teresa, I knew you'd get those scrappy supplies unpacked before mid-month! Will you be able to skype from the new place?

new Julie, is this a new school year, or a return after break? I know your school year is quite different from our.

Linda, thank you for doing challenges the last week!!

Julie, how fun to have DD scrap with you! How cool that her school project can be done with a scrapbook.

Norma - glad you're back! I've got you down motivational, but if you'd rather play for points I'll switch you. I didn't realize I hadn't put the link in the September thread. Be patient with me - y'all are just starting to train me

Quay and everyone!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

The front is updated.

Anyone want to do a week of challenges?

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to justLyn

Quay so good to see you! A roommate sounds like fun.!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-07-13 09:03 PM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
Quay so good to see you! A roommate sounds like fun.!

Ya she will be sharing my bedroom with me... now that's a roommate! hehehe

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-07-13 09:17 PM
In response to Quay

"Most Points Overall" Sharon (need your email address dear)
"Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts" Norma
"Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal" Marty
"Winner for completing the most dailies" Karen

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-07-13 09:20 PM
In response to Quay

Well I am off to bed....another busy day tomorrow.

But I will check back in tomorrow night to see if Sharon has checked in...

G'night everyone!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-07-13 09:22 PM
In response to boricuapr

Thanks Linda!!! Your right...crops right here for the 3 of us!! hehe

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:

Karen, so glad to hear you're making progress! Driving again should be a great big step toward being independent again.

Teresa, I knew you'd get those scrappy supplies unpacked before mid-month! Will you be able to skype from the new place?

new Julie, is this a new school year, or a return after break? I know your school year is quite different from our.

Julie, how fun to have DD scrap with you! How cool that her school project can be done with a scrapbook.

Norma - glad you're back! I've got you down motivational, but if you'd rather play for points I'll switch you. I didn't realize I hadn't put the link in the September thread. Be patient with me - y'all are just starting to train me

Quay and everyone!

Return after a break

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to julie101

Lynn, I will stay motivational, hoping to get 2 layouts done this month! I have spent the last week cruising Pintrest looking for craft fair ideas, there are so many cute things out there.

Lynn I can help with a week.

Have a good day everyone

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to njr007

Congrats to all our winners!

Thanks, Quay, for taking care of last month.

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to boricuapr

Hi guys. . . I've been swamped so I'm going to have to go back for a while and see what everyone's been doing. If you don't know I was caught up in the DoD furlough/shutdown. They just let us come back to work this week, and it's been a roller coaster to say the least. Anyway. . . Lyn. . . I just realized that I didn't send you a check. . . can I still do that and not take the points? Just let me know, if not then I'll do the motivational this month :-)

I've been working like crazy on page kits for a crop this weekend, and of course when I started I couldn't stop! One after another! I have way too many ready to do this weekend but it will be nice to pick and choose! Gotta go. . . see ya all later!! :-)

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Thanks, Norma! I put on the week of the 14-20.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

• ScrappinTraveler Said:
Lyn. . . I just realized that I didn't send you a check. . . can I still do that and not take the points? Just let me know, if not then I'll do the motivational this month :-)

That will be fine. I'll watch for it!

Governor
In response to justLyn

Hey Lynn, Noticed page 1 still doesn't have me for week 5 or my lo count.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Morning all

9/10 Daily Use a stamp on your layout 200 Points

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Hey Lynn, Noticed page 1 still doesn't have me for week 5 or my lo count.

I think I've got it right now. I will get the LO counts updated tomorrow.
Got your check today.

Next month, the players are going to be in a separate post - by the time I scroll all the way through to the bottom, I've forgotten why I going there!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to julie101

Ack!
I missed the deadline to change my goal. Oh well. Take it this time and run with it! LOL

Thank you for the encouragement about the independence Lyn and Julie! I haven't really gone anywhere since the trip to Walmart. I am doing this gradually, but it's good to have the feeling back that I can.

I keep saying I have projects started and still haven't finished them yet. In part because I didn't have enough gusto in me, and in part because I've had some obstacles I need to try to hurdle. I am finally getting to it, slowly.

Today my eldest granddaughter was over (Taylor/3yrs)..... We made a card together. It is so pretty. I took pictures, but the ones I took weren't so great. My son said he will take pictures of it for me.
I asked her who she was making it for and she told me her Aunt Stephanie and Baby P (her NEW cousin). Cannot wait to show her card! Noni did the glue and she did the sticking it down. Such an artist she is. Her eyes boom every time she is in my room! LOL

Well off to bed I go. Will catch up in more chatter later. I need some rest, and to lay my head down and let pillow take away the unwanted! Peaceful nights sleep it will be!

julie101
Diva
julie101

Daily 10/10 Redo a layout that you were happy with don't forget to share the layout your redoing 300 Points

Governor
In response to julie101

Here's my Day 9 - Leonor's Certification as Architect

Leonor By Boricuapr

30 title
25 photo corners, brads, ets
5 updating siggy
5 clean-up
30 cardstock/pp
20 ribbons etc.
30 stamped image
20 mists, chalks etc
10 die-cut shapes
30 whole flowers
30 distressing inking, etc.
130 per item 1yr+ and older
450 dual challenge - Hoarders, 5+, Music, SB Share, Heritage, Compliment Corner
75 quotes/lyrics
50 12x12 lo
50 non picture memorabilia
50 heritage
75 original design
75 no pics
10 Bonus Daily post
200 Day 9 challenge points
1400 lo total

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

Daily 10/10 Redo a layout that you were happy with don't forget to share the layout your redoing 300 Points

happy or unhappy?

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
Thanks, Norma! I put on the week of the 14-20.

I'll be ready!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to YourScrapAttack

• YourScrapAttack Said:
can i play motivational please? i signed up and paid last month but didnt have time to play as my grandma was ill.

id like 10 please

Glad to see you! How is your Grandma doing?

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

Sorry I missed this! Not sure what dimensional pearls are. If they are like dimensional paint, I count them as a type of paint. Can you find them in the store and link here?

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to justLyn

Yay! I'm going to a crop tomorrow! I can't wait to star scrapping! :-)

Governor

Hi Marty,
Have a blast cropping!

Definitely had plans to scrap this weekend and get caught up, but the weather is going to be too awesome to stay indoors the whole time.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

Marty and Linda, have fun for me, too! I *plan* to scrap this weekend (by myself) and it's still too hot to spend time outside.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-10-13 07:48 PM
In response to justLyn

Helllllo everyone!!!!
Thought I would drop in and see if everyone got their GC in their e-mail?

I have been sick with the gombooo for the last 2 days. And I couldn't do a thing to make it fun! lol So I sniffed and coughed instead! Hehehehe

Still busy busy busy...tomorrow I get to go to the eye doctor. I am getting new glasses! YAY!

I hope the glasses take 20 years off my face! hehehe
I guess all I can hope for is to be able to see!!!
Alright ladies...keep up the chatter...Lyn your doing a good job!

See y'all in a few days!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-10-13 07:50 PM
In response to justLyn

Just wanted to say all of you are doing great here!

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
Helllllo everyone!!!!
Thought I would drop in and see if everyone got their GC in their e-mail?

I have been sick with the gombooo for the last 2 days. And I couldn't do a thing to make it fun! lol So I sniffed and coughed instead! Hehehehe

Still busy busy busy...tomorrow I get to go to the eye doctor. I am getting new glasses! YAY!

I hope the glasses take 20 years off my face! hehehe
I guess all I can hope for is to be able to see!!!
Alright ladies...keep up the chatter...Lyn your doing a good job!

See y'all in a few days!

did I see my name? if so woohoo! I'll check :-)

Governor

Here's my week 2 celebrating history through re-enactment.

OK Corral Tombstone By Boricuapr

85 title
95 photo corners, brads, ets
5 updating siggy
5 clean-up
10 cardstock/pp
40 stamped image
10 mists, chalks etc
10 hand cut embellie
10 punches
220 per item 1yr+ and older
450 dual challenge - SB, Hoarders, VLB, Monochrome, Internet, VLB
50 12x12 lo
50 banner
75 original design
10 pictures
130 person/animals
20 pictures 2+ yrs (20 if 5+)
10 rounded photo corners
700 Week 1 challenge points
1985 lo total

Edited by boricuapr on 10-11-13 07:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Im so sorry guys for my lateness yesterday I had a sick daughter and a very stubborn son he is pushing all the buttons at the moment

so

Daily 11/10 Take 300 Points

Daily 12/10 Use at least 3 photos 400 Points

Ill be back later to catch up having issues with your internet company they expect us to pay but don't want to give us what we paying for

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
  • julie101 Said:

Sorry I missed this! Not sure what dimensional pearls are. If they are like dimensional paint, I count them as a type of paint. Can you find them in the store and link here?

This stuff

Governor
In response to julie101

Julie,
Take care of the kids and thanks for the 300 pts

ACU with love and Day 10 = 445

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Here's my week 1.

OK Corral Tombstone By Boricuapr

85 title
95 photo corners, brads, ets
5 updating siggy
5 clean-up
10 cardstock/pp
40 stamped image
10 mists, chalks etc
10 hand cut embellie
10 punches
220 per item 1yr+ and older
450 dual challenge - SB, Hoarders, VLB, Monochrome, Internet, VLB
50 12x12 lo
50 banner
75 original design
10 pictures
130 person/animals
20 pictures 2+ yrs (20 if 5+)
10 rounded photo corners
700 Week 1 challenge points
1985 lo total

The weekly challenges are suppose to be completed the buy the Sunday of the week they are given, unless the rules have changed.....

Governor
In response to njr007

Sorry for the typo when uploaded, my lo is for week 2.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:

Quay and everyone!

Hi Lynn
I am hoping to scrap tonight after work I am trying to get off early but not sure that is going to happen
And Yes I can skype as soon as I get the router set up that has been sitting in there since Monday ...lol We will have to scrap skype sometime soon :)))

Edited by Teresakay on 10-12-13 12:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

Hi Everyone
Just checking in to see what everyone is up too .
Good to see you posting Quay I miss you !!!!
When things settle down we need to get together with Lyn and whoever else wants to and have a scrap skype . :)))
Hope everyone is having a great weekend !!

Governor
In response to Teresakay

JCI and DO another monthly lo. During the past few years, each vacation destination includes historical research for my family tree. I am constantly surprised and amazed at how My Red Thread is intertwined, with rarely more than 2 degrees of separation!

Ft. Huachuca By Boricuapr

50 title
50 photo corners, brads, ets
5 updating siggy
5 clean-up
30 cardstock/pp
100 die-cut shapes
130 per item 1yr+ and older
375 dual challenge - SB, VLB, Hoarders, Cricut, Compliment Corner
75 journaling
50 12x12 lo
50 heritage
50 banner
75 original design
75 no pics
2555 journaling
250 Monthly challenge points
2555 Monthly journaling bonus
6480 Monthly #2 total

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to boricuapr

Popping in to say hello. Getting over having the flu. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I hit it from the start with lots of meds!
Have loads to catch up on, share, and load.

Hugs to all.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

Hello ladies I am ordering photos as I type and I am so excited! Life has not slowed down for me either Quay, but I get a little scrapbooking in here and there. Life with Westin is awesome! He makes me so happy. We have some fun Halloween/fall things planned this month and it is getting me inspired to scrap last years adventures. I hope everything is going okay here!
Quay - how exciting to have a roommate! I hope yall have fun and get lots of scrapping in.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics