Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1591247)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy said it best and I just copied her

Welcome to the October Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on.

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Budget: $200
Wishlist: Cricut club-$20, CTMH Artbooking Cricut cart and other CTMH items $100
Anything else that trips my trigger

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to tinadn

Um well I don't know why I set this up I never manage to stay in the budget

$400
Anything that takes my fancy

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

because you love the social aspect of the challenge Julie! Besides it does make you aware anyway.

I am in and my budget needs to be determined yet - probably close to $100 to meet my minimums for SU so I can still go to European Convention in November.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
because you love the social aspect of the challenge Julie! Besides it does make you aware anyway.

I am in and my budget needs to be determined yet - probably close to $100 to meet my minimums for SU so I can still go to European Convention in November.

This is true lucky my husband has no ideal how much I really do spend

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to julie101

We got the place! They are going to check to see if the girl that has it now will surrender it early so they can clean it to be ready for November 1st. So excited! That being said, my budget for scrappy stuff is going to be ZERO, with the exception of adhesive and postage. We will also be purchasing an Expedit unit, but that probably won't be until after we move into the new place.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mrsrogers52513

Congrats and Good for you

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
  • Ladybing Tammy Said:

This is true lucky my husband has no ideal how much I really do spend

I think we could all say that, Julie...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

WTG Amanda!!!
How exciting and what a relief! Way to jump on that fast too!

I am in as usual and I already know I will be a very, very bad girl this month...

Budget: $150
Wishlist: *inhales deeply while carefully pulling long Expo shopping list out of pocket* New Crafter's Workshop raindrops, Stars, splats and abstract leaves masks; Prima Finnabar Star, honeycomb, bubbles and scales masks; Finnabar metal stars; Glue Art Tape 3-pack; BB Keylime papers/embellies; Fancy Pants chalkboard tape; Queen n Co animal print, denim, cameo, comics, sports and skinni mini washi tapes; Prima chalk inkers in reds, oranges, yellows, greens, purples (oh my!), enamel circles and wooden embellies; Faber Castel green, yellow and neutral gelatos; Bella Blvd All American and Daily Chevies papers/embellies and chipboards; BOY punches - train, bubble bath, pennants, bricks; any Prima clearance flowers.
Twist: No more Cricut carts and stick to my list!!!!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to SonjaC

Hi everyone. I am setting my budget at $50 this month because I exceeded my budget last month. .All of the items are in my shopping art awaiting free shipping. in addition to those items I also need a Martha Stewart small circle cutter. Lets see how I do. Lynne

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to lgtaylor100

I'm counting yesterday as a free day because if I don't I've already busted.

Budget: $75

Wish: Lots of stuff. Still trying to narrow it down.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

And Tammy calls me the loophole queen... lol!

I don't think you can be counted until you sign up, Kelly...

Okay maybe I am the loophole queen...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Wishlist: Cricut club-$20, CTMH Artbooking Cricut cart and other CTMH items $100

spent $19 at Cricut club

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Sonja, you ARE the loophole queen.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

yes, yes she is!

Amanda - congrats on getting the place. We were up in Scotland again yesterday - 4 hours one way and 4 hours back - I am soooo sick of travelling right now. But we found a place that we will apply for on monday - not perfect but it gets us there in time for work and we will make it work for 6 months to a year. Amanda I too love the expedit units!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

spent $42 on clearance at HL, just a bunch of misc.

congrats on finding places to live ladies, I know how hard that can be

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • tinadn Said:

spent $19 at Cricut club

$200-42=158+1 not spent at Cricut club= $159 left

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tammy, congrats on finding housing!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

thanks hun! It is a big relief - well let's hope we found housing - we have to do the application process tomorrow but it should be fine.

I spent $4 today on digital downloads - Sweater Weather dsp from SU and burlap ribbon downloads for my Scotland layouts.

$100-$4=$96

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

checking in! I'm warming up my plastic for this Saturday Peachy has washi tape I've wanted and I"m trying NOT to look...

Yes, I AM the loophole queen and don't you gals forget it!!

Crossing my fingers for you Tammy and hoping you get the housing!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to SonjaC

I've been totally MIA. Been trying to finish a scrapbook that I started at ScrapFest and only got 4 pages done there. It was for my friend who was due to have her baby this past Friday. I finished it today and she had the baby 8 hours later...I know he was waiting for me to finish! Going to see her in the morning, so excited! Then I will be MIA for a few weeks, going to get the crafty nook packed up this week. We have my nieces coming this weekend, so I wanted to get it all packed up and away before they and their sticky fingers come! Hopefully I'll be all set up by the end of the first week of November!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

What perfect timing for the new little baby! And how sweet that you made her an album, Amanda! I kept wanting to do that for my friend, but never got around to it...

Bad news... my budget is in jeopardy for this weekend's Expo... my car needs clutch work and that'll pretty much zero out my budget (and then some)! I'm SO sad!!! Though in truth, I don't really 'need' anything at the expo and the three classes I have should give me plenty of goodies to play with anyway, I'm still bummed about it!

Edited by SonjaC on 10-08-13 10:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

hugs on your car effect on your budget Sonja!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

car issues are the worst! sorry about your budget

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Amanda, good luck with all the packing and moving!

Sonja, I'm sad to hear about your car. There are no loopholes for that.

Today is art journaling day. Can't wait to get paint under my finger nails!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

ewww Kelly - paint under the fingernails - icky sticky! But hope you had fun.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

just spent 7 on the peachy deal this am, darling buttons...

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to tinadn

Got the scrapbook for my friend done just in the nick of time, and she loved it! Got the scrap nook all packed up, except for the few things I need for the save the dates for my friend that I'm working on right now. Moving in 19 days, can't come soon enough!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'm baaaack!

Saw those buttons last week, Tina, but I resisted... barely!

LOVE getting paint under the nails, Kelly! I did that and then some at Expo!

So excited for you Amanda!! A place of your own is always soooo satisfying!

CUTE Avi, TAmmy!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

And now, because I just know you all are dying to know...
Had a blast at Expo Saturday and did surprisingly well with my budget! *gasp* Sonja didn't bust!! *gasp*
Actually I got a lot of freebies this time around so it made up for the fact that the vendors really didn't have a lot of the new Prima and Crafters Workshop goodies I wanted. I was bummed about that, but love what I got! As for my twist.... I did fairly well... except for the closeout booth... ******** closeout booth... Got lots of cute papers and embellies that had previously been on my wishlists so I think that counts!

Budget: $150-$65=$85
Wishlist: New Crafter's Workshop raindrops, Stars, splats and abstract leaves masks; Prima Finnabar Star, honeycomb, bubbles and scales masks; Finnabar metal stars; Glue Art Tape 3-pack; BB Keylime papers/embellies; Fancy Pants chalkboard tape; Queen n Co animal print, denim, cameo, comics, sports and skinni mini washi tapes; Prima chalk inkers in reds, oranges, yellows, greens, purples, enamel circles and wooden embellies; Faber Castel green, yellow and neutral gelatos; Bella Blvd All American and Daily Chevies papers/embellies and chipboards; BOY punches - train, bubble bath, pennants, bricks; any Prima clearance flowers.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, you didn't bust? I'm shocked!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Kamananui

Great job!

16 days to go....I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE...NOW. We had our nieces visiting this weekend, of course it was my weekend to work, so working night shift is pretty hard to do when you have a 2 and 4 year old running around. So annoying. And my MIL cooked all kinds of dinner, baked cupcakes, made caramel apples and all kinds of ******** we don't need...and the sink is PILED with dishes. I don't know how it's even possible to do dishes. My husband and I refuse to to the dishes because she always makes all kinds of junk and then never does the dishes...so annoying. So that's just adding to my frustration of needing to get out....well that's my vent for now!

I've managed to not buy anything so far this month!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Amanda - breathe love! Breathe! In and Out! Only 2 weeks and 2 days!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Sonja love so proud of you! My heart is palpitating over the shock but I am proud of you!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja you should be patting yourself on the back.
Amanda you can hang on a little longer.
Tammy love the new avi.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Hang in there, Amanda. It's almost over.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Kamananui

Thanks, loves! Appreciate the support...good thing most of the next 2 weeks I will be working, so will be home only a limited amount of time!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

you can do it Amanda!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I called the landlord yesterday to see if it was possible that the apartment would be ready before November 1st. It won't be, but it was worth a try! 13 more days!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good thought Amanda.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Thanks gals, knew I'd shock a few of you...

Hang in there Amanda! And nice try with the landlord! lol! Ah it'll all be over soon...

SO what, am I the only one shopping this month?? Me, who has no reason to be?? Julie? Kelly? I count on you girls to bust for me!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Yes.... yes I did you both!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

well I am done for the month!

96-84 = 12 (okay I didn't bust but I am still done for the month!)

i got the magnetic sizzix platform, some inks and cardstock and some glitter and some ribbon

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Mothers, forgive me for I have sinned....

I went to evilbay today (first sin) to look for a discontinued Cricut cart (second sin) I 'want' (third sin). I started browsing for the Prima goodies (fourth sin) I didn't get at Expo and ended up getting them on sale - as well as the Cricut cart (FIVE SINS TOTAL!)

Didn't spend that much overall, but I did bust my twist of no more cartridges! I suppose there are worse ways to go...

Budget: $150-$65=$85-$14-$15= $56
Wishlist: New Crafter's Workshop raindrops, Stars, splats and abstract leaves masks; Prima Finnabar Star, honeycomb, bubbles and scales masks; Finnabar metal stars; Glue Art Tape 3-pack; BB Keylime papers/embellies; Fancy Pants chalkboard tape; Queen n Co animal print, denim, cameo, comics, sports and skinni mini washi tapes; Prima chalk inkers in reds, oranges, yellows, greens, purples, enamel circles and wooden embellies; Faber Castel green, yellow and neutral gelatos; Bella Blvd All American and Daily Chevies papers/embellies and chipboards; BOY punches - train, bubble bath, pennants, bricks; any Prima clearance flowers.
Twist: NO more CRICUT CARTS!!!- BUST!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

you are forgiven

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

well it was only your twist that you busted so of course all is forgiven.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Hellooooo ladies hope you are all doing well! Boy do I miss you guys!! I'm hoping to be back in the Busting oops I mean budget challenge come November

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to newtoscrapping2011

nice of you to check in Courtney.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OH you gals are SO good to me!

Welcome back Courtney!! How's Mommyhood?

Edited by SonjaC on 10-21-13 03:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Mommy hood is wonderful! I am lucky enough to be staying home with Addie and my goodness it is going fast!! She is such a good baby. We are truly blessed.

We leave for Disney world on nov 1 so I will try and post my budget before we go:) I cannot imagine how many pictures I am going to have to scrap when we get back. Ugh him already so far behind:)

In my defense I haven't done much scrappy shopping that was replaced with complete girly gilt baby shopping hahah!!

Tina how is your new grand baby? Sonja that little boy of yours is getting so big!! Tammy how is England treating you? Missed you all sooo much

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

oh Courtney lovely to see you here. I do keep up on fb with you and the beautiful Addie.

England is almost ancient history - we move to Scotland this week - start our new jobs (with the same company - we were lucky enough to get internal transfers) on Monday.

Give Addie a snuggle for me.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

There never was free shipping so I bought about $80 of stuff from the superstore. Went over budget by $30. Not as bad as last month.

Lynne

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to lgtaylor100

Ohhh good luck with the move Tammy! And that's great you got a transfer

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Girl, get used to being WAY behind! (And having 1,000s of photos of Addie!) I have four photo boxes FULL of photos to either scrap or put in albums. One of these days I'm going to do it too...

SOOO jealous you're going to DW!!!! YOu'll have SUCH a blast and I can't wait to see the pix on FB!

Yep, he amazes me every day with how much he's growing and changing. Thankfully the growing part is slowing down, but the mental growing... leaps and bounds!! U wait... that 1st birthday is like a [email protected] opening! Just yesterday he was walking down the hall 'talking' on his cell phone to grandma... omg... DH and I laughed SOOO hard! I want to post that video on FB, but cannot figure it out on my phone...

Anywho, okay Miss Lynne... you can't just tell us you spend $80 and not tell us WHAT you got! I keep poking at my shopping cart, but have thus far managed to keep myself at bay (only just)!

Tammy, THIS week you're moving already?? Wow that came up fast! Good luck with the move!

BTW, Courtney, what's Addie going to be for Halloween? Carlo is going to be a lion! (My little cub! *squeeee* )

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

And for the record... I'm glad we have a boy because if we had a girl my scrappy budget would be $0 cuz I'd be spending it all on the darling girlie clothing!!!

One word I shouldn't mention Courtney... Zulily! (If you haven't checked it out, PM me your email and I'll send you the link so I can get credit!)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Courtney plan on being behind on scrapping for quite a while. Kids do the cutest things and you may need to scrap a photo a day
Oliver is great! His mom sent a video of him crawling. We haven't seen him for a few weeks.
I have been working a temp job and it is cutting into my baby time. I need to see him soon
We are anxious to see some layouts of Addie tho.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

omg Tina, he's crawling already?!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

yes, started last week, gives 5 too

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Wow can't believe Olicer is crawling already! That's wonderful.

Sonja Addie is going to be a black kitty cat for Halloween. I'm hoping to get some staged shots this week before we leave. Lol. I already have her packed hahhahahah! Man she travels heavy!!

Clothes pfffft! The child has more clothes than imaginable for a little person lol. And she is growing like a weed. She's in 9 months clothing. We're thinking she's gonna be tall! She grows out the length so fast!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hello my lovelys

there is a fabric store right across the street from the hotel we are in but I have not found any scrapbook stores or anything even close.

We are in a hotel for the week because our apt cannot be lived in although they are letting us store our stuff there until they fix the boiler and the gas hook up to it. It is a very nice hotel (work is paying for the first week - I am hoping that it is all we will need).

Starting the new job tomorrow.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney 9 month clothes already?? wowza!
Good luck at work tomorrow TAmmy!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

"Mike" By Tinadn

Here's the latest photo of our little guy

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to tinadn

It's moving week! Not until Friday, but, whatever. We signed our lease last Friday, so we got all that out of the way. We can pick up our keys after 7:30 am this Friday and we will start moving then. I have to work 4 hours Friday night, but then hopefully we can get everything else moved Saturday. I'm off Saturday and Sunday, and I took vacation Monday through Wednesday and Thursday is my day off, so I will have a good week to unpack and organize and all that good stuff.

Some other really really good news I just got as well. I guess my grandma thinks she's going to be kicking the bucket soon, which she's been saying for years, but it sounds like she's trying to get all her ducks in a row. My dad said she wanted to talk to me with my parents, but she needed to know a few days in advance. So I told them on Sunday afternoon I would have some time. She told my dad she's giving me $5,000. Now. Not when she dies. Now. Honestly a huge blessing. I'm going to be able to pay off the rest of my car loan, which gives us an extra $350 a month. About a month ago or so, when we decided it was time to move out of my MIL's house, I posted on my FB that things were starting to look up for us, but I could never imagine this. Feeling so incredibly happy and blessed. And I thank you ladies for being my rocks!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

great news all around Amanda

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

that is wonderful Amanda.

First day down - it was just training but it is over and it was great.

No news on when we get to move in to our place though.

Tina that grandbaby of yours is just so dang cute!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks Tammy. Is work still going well?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Is anyone interested in a November Budget challenge?????

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I should be considering I'm about to cave on this $10 off thing with my $25 GC... Want me to host this month?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Me. Even though I will bust.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Amanda set up a November challenge - sorry I am out of it or would provide the link but it is there.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

ok I will sign off of her and move over there then

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics