Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Very Laid Back Challenge: October 2013. BLACK MAGIC        (Topic#1591261)
LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Welcome to the Very Laid Back (VLB Challenge), October edition. Please read this entire post before you sign up.

For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: So many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 30 or so. This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Also -- I'd love to learn everyone's first name --if it's not in your siggy could you please tell us!

Every weekend I will try my best to post a new challenge! These are completely optional -- do them this month, in the future or not at all.

Edited by LesleyC on 10-04-13 06:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Participants:

1. LesleyC
2. TenaE
3. Aunty T (Tayrah)
4. StopNStare (Henva)
5. Julie101
6. AllAmy
7. HerHighness (Sarah)
8. Dancinirish90 (LisaL)
9. ScrappinTraveler (Marty)
10. Scrapperbee (Bev)
11. Byondbzr (Becca)
12. OlesyaK
13. HenriJean
14. LPeeps (LisaP)
15. Raining (LisaN)
16. PinkSpoonbill (Terri)
17. Kefedolfi (Kimmie)
18. Ncyankee (Eileen)
19. BoricuaPR (Linda)
20. BoBecca (Rebecca)

Challenges:

Week 1 (10.04.13): Black Magic
Use something black and "spooky" on your page, other than (or in addition to) black cardstock/paper. This can be black mesh or netting, a black spider, cat or bat (ew!), black ink or paint...you get the idea.

Week 2 -- skip

Week 3 (10.22.13): SWEET LIKE CANDY: scrap about something or someone that's sweet, using candy/dessert theme product and/or colors, or use the word "sweet" in your title or journaling.

Remember all challenges are optional -- just a lil something to get your creative juices flow in'!

Edited by LesleyC on 10-22-13 05:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to LesleyC

Well I completely flaked on last months, I started off well and then my diy projects took over!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to AuntyT

Me again, please! I should be able to post wayyy more this month. Printing pics and with Halloween and all...well, I guess I need to make sure I sign up for November as well! :-)

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to stopnstare07

MMS and ACU on the love...lol! Just kidding!

julie101
Diva
julie101

im in thanks

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to julie101

I'd love to join again this month.
Thanks Lesley.

Karate Birthday By AllAmy

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to AllAmy

I'm in I like to leave comments

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to HerHighness68

Me please - still working on September, but I'll be cu there soon.

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:
Well I completely flaked on last months, I started off well and then my diy projects took over!

Oh that was so me last month! I want to try again. . . Please add me to the list! :-)

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to ScrappinTraveler

Here I am--hope to get lots done this month.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to scrapperbee

Me please, promise to keep up! I had a busy September and barely scrapped!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

And here's a page, lolzz...

Autumn **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

Edited by byondbzr on 10-01-13 04:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Here's my first one of the month:

August (2013) By Dancinirish90

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to dancinirish90

Count me in! will catch up in sept thread soon

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Me again please!

Peek-A-Boo Roan By Henri Jean

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to Henri Jean

I'm in. Hoping to spend more time scrapping this month.

raining
Governor
raining
In response to lpeeps

Me again girls.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to raining

Me, me, me too, please!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Pink Spoonbill

weee!!! I did 2 and a 1/2 last night. so proud of myself

Let it grow, let it grow By HerHighness68

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi

I'd like to join again too please.... starting to get the hang of digi and hopefully will have some time to make a few pages this month. My goal is 20 which would be huge for me

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to kfedolfi

here is my second from last night late late

Lil cupcake By HerHighness68

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

OMG I'm already behind.

Me please.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to ncyankee

acu.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

i really am acu now! Lovely creations so far!

Governor

Sign me up! For VLB there's lots going on already so I'm way behind lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boricuapr

Our newest granddaughter By Henri Jean

julie101
Diva
julie101

Here is my first 7

Monopoly By Julie101
Things to Remember By Julie101
Week 2 By Julie101
Whats the Scoop? For October By Julie101

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to julie101

I'm in again, sorry I was MIA last week. Didn't get a chance to sit down and scrapbook or get on the computer all week. Busy w/ school stuff (it was home coming week) had a lot of errands to catch up on and it had finally quit raining. We had rain everyday for 3 weeks and my yard was way past due for being mowed. So that took me 5 hours over two days, I REALLY miss having a riding mower. At least it got done and just in time started getting frost the last few days and the leaves are starting to fall. Going to attempt to go catch up on the last 2 pages of the old thread then hopefully play in my SB room this afternoon!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to BoBecca77

ACU, good morning! Working on my Halloween costume today...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to byondbzr

Good morning! I hate to admit this - at 64 years old I have no idea which end of a lawnmower to push because I've never used one. We have a push and a riding - I think. We only have 1/2 acre here but my husband cuts it. I don't know why but I have never in my life used any kind of lawnmower or yard thing. I'm too scared of snakes and lizards and spiders and bugs.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Well, I'm finally cu over in September, and I have my new tabs open here.

Henri - I had to mow the lawn when I was a teenager - for a measly $3. We had a Russian Olive and a HUGE white rose bush in the middle of the yard so my arms and legs used to get all scratched up. We also had a giant willow tree that always had bugs in the branches. Yuk. And once I ran over a snake - so gross. Needless to say, as an adult, that is one thing I REFUSE to do. Period.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My mother was the church secretary for our church in Miami. She got me my first job - the church nursery used a lot of fitted sheets on the cribs.

She brought them all home to me every Monday and I had to wash them all in hot soap and water and then iron every one of them because the iron helped sanitize them. I stood for hours ironing those fitted crib sheets! I made 10 cents per sheet.

But I had 2 brothers so I never had to do yard work.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Hi all. ACU.

I have to laugh. I didn't mind mowing the lawn when we had an electric mower but now, we have a gas one. I can't run it, the edger, the weed whacker or the chain saw. The vibrations make my hands open up and I can't hold on to it. Isn't that weird? I try so hard but nope. When I tried to saw a log and almost cut off my leg, DH say no more. He loves to mow so it works out well. I love to iron, he hates it.

Since I am ACU and going to LA for a week, no posting until I get back.

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi

I'm with you - I don't like bugs, snakes, or anything creepy crawly - I live in the north so those things DIE in the winter LOL

The only thing I use my iron for is craft projects...mine has glue and paint all over it :P

First Food By Kfedolfi

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to kfedolfi

Motherly Love By AllAmy

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

ACU!

and--I am so excited. Just ordered my Christmas present from dd--a silhouette cameo. Had it sent to her house in CT so I'll really get it for Christmas. Can't wait!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Consider yourselves signed up for October! I'll update the front page when I'm on a real computer at home. Worked til 7 then came home, helped dd with homework, and we did the rainbow loom for an hour before bed.

But Bev, Yayyyyy for the cameo! U will love it!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to LesleyC

First project. I am in ALOT of swaps, but hope to get atleast 8 los done this month, at minimum. I also have to get started on my halloween mini!

Embellished Photo Mats for Swap By Stopnstare07

I've never pushed a lawnmower. I heard its good exercise though!

Governor

Really?!?!? So let's see what humor I can add to the lawn and home chat - Mini farm life - so lawnmowers and weedwackers weren't in my vocabulary growing up. We used the tractor to cut the field of alfalfa so it could be baled and used to feed the horses and cows. And you know how now you hear all about airports, parks, and golf courses "going green" to save fuel costs by using goats, well we'd just tie one of the horses to a tree with a long lead rope and they'd eat all the grass around the roots and trunk of the trees, not to mention adding "natural" fertilization.

My take on ironing - either it's natural linen or if the label says wrinkle-free/no iron, it's mine (except for Dockers - I actually sent them a letter (with the wrinkle-free sticker)complaining that the Women's pants always looked like they'd been through my abuela's wringer) but DH's pants were presentable as long as you were standing next to the dryer when it stopped and I felt it was sexual discrimination and harassment because our pants weren't made of the same quality of fabric. So my rule of thumb, if it's wrinkled when folded in the store display, it'll be 10x worse after washing. So if the linen is wrinkled I just quote one of those labels that says wrinkling is normal. My Shark Steam cleaner is so much faster than ironing!

Almost forgot to add my LO

The Bear Necessities... By Boricuapr

Just a little more humor for this group with a serious case of Giggles! Laugh and the whole world laughs with you!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to boricuapr

All caught up!

I also have never mowed the lawn. That was the chore that my brothers took on. I wouldn't even know how to turn it on. The snow blower on the other hand... I can use that.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Dropping off the card I did yesterday:

Happy Birthday - butterflies By Dancinirish90

I am not a fan of the snowblower either, mostly because ours sux, but I'll do it if I have to. I prefer to shovel unless it's after a huge storm. Shoveling means I don't have to do any other type of workout that day. LOL

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

NO TALKING OF SNOW until December, I vow I want more Fall, since the summer is officially over... c'mon, a couple more warm months would be nice!

and since you barely need to mow in the Fall, it makes it better too))

Governor
In response to OlesyaK.

ACU

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to boricuapr

Good morning! acu

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

acu.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to AuntyT

UGH I agree lets not use the s word We're having a pretty chilly fall, but so far I have held off turning the heat on. My rule is your not really cold until you have a few layers on plus a blanket and your still cold. Heating oil is so expensive over here! Leaves are starting to change, hoping the weather cooperates, my dd has senior pics this weekend. I finally managed to SB a few pages. I think receiving my large order of pp inspired me! Will post them later, right now I'm off to get a workout in.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to BoBecca77

Really we are using the s-word. NOOOOOOOO!!!! Do you people realize I am in Alaska and it has already done the s-word!!!! Thank goodness it melted.

I am looking out my window at Denali and it is gorgeous. The sun is hitting with pink and purple shadows. WOW!

Hey all. I'm ACU as well.

raining
Governor
raining

Dropping!
Love Everything **Scraps of Elegance** By Raining

Happy Halloween **BoBunny** By Raining

Trick or Treat **BOBUNNY** By Raining

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi
In response to raining

*warning* Shamelessly self promoting

Amy and I each have a layout that made the top 3 at last month's Multi pic Challenge. I'm just so excited because I've never been in a poll before

You can vote here if you want: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15913...

Edited by kfedolfi on 10-04-13 07:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to kfedolfi

Hey everyone!

Finally got the front page updated. Welcome, Sarah.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TERRI!

This week's challenge:
Week 1 (10.04.13): Black Magic
Use something black and "spooky" on your page, other than (or in addition to) black cardstock/paper. This can be black mesh or netting, a black spider, cat or bat (ew!), black ink or paint...you get the idea.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Also, I've noticed a few people apologized for being absent/scarce last month. Please don't!! It happens - we all get busy. I am burying my head in shame because I didn't get around to doing my page for scraplift the person before you, and I feel like a dope. But really, the month just flew by.

That said, all I ask is that if you find the time to post your projects on this thread, *please* take the time to comment on others' projects. That's the whole point of the VLB, right? So if you get love, leave love. Thanks!

I'm hoping to get caught up a bit here myself. It's been a busy week. I'm the gung-ho kindergarten parent who's volunteering for everything at school -- PTO, room mom...and I am doing this three week "strategic planning" session for the school district. It's taking up TONS of time that I don't have, and I am craving some me (scrapping!) time. So I hope to get to it this weekend. I was supposed to go to South Bend tomorrow to do the Color Run with my co-workers, but we bailed at the last minute -- thank goodness!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

Haylee is Here! By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Finally have a lo to share:

Home for Christmas By Scrapperbee

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Christmas on the tilt By AllAmy

Super Kid By AllAmy

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AllAmy

Got a page done today, after hardly scrapping at all in September!

Witchy Kitty By Byondbzr

Gonna go get acu....

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

OK, believe I'm acu, back to my scrap table on this rainy Saturday!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to byondbzr

Hi ladies, jci quickly before going to dinner. Lesley, thanks so much signing me up.

We are going to another Sandals resort tonight...so far we're having a Fabulous time. St. Lucia is beautiful! We did a hike this morning, very challenging but the views were well worth getting to the top. Lots of sunshine and humidity...so sorry to hear that some of you are already talking about the other "s" word. Wish you were here. Okay gotta go...talk to you soon

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Kena- I'm jealous. Take me to Sandals with you next time.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to AllAmy

awww Tena, I'm soo jealous!!! Have a mai tai for me or something))

dropping off two:
Explore By OlesyaK.
Cute By OlesyaK.

I guess I need to go back and check my camera settings - have been seriously overexposing the latest shots..

oh and I just have to share this:
I kinda ran out of photos for scrapping, so went to walmart website to order more - and they had this promo where you print 70 pics and get a free photo water bottle. what a deal - I print what I need at a discounted price, pay just over 10 bucks and get my kiddo all excited about his own exclusive photo water bottle which was originally priced at $20! Soooo glad I'm a scrapper and print pics often))

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to OlesyaK.

Hehehe! Neat, Olesya!

No scrapping today...maybe tomorrow? My office is a crazy mess again. I did get some photos printed so I have incentive to scrap.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

Joe's new ride - Left Side By Henri Jean

Joe's New Ride - Right Side By Henri Jean

Joe's New Ride - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Joe's First Car By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to OlesyaK.

Tena, as a true Caribbean girl, I am so darn jealous of you. St Lucia is gorgeous. Have you gone to the Pitons yet? They are so picturesque. Can't wait to see your photos.

Hey everyone, well I'm off to LA for a week. Have a great week.

ACU!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

See Terri - St. Lucia. Another place I've never been!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Got a layout done today!

How To P!ss Off A Cat... By Byondbzr

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

acu on comments
my black "spooky" element is the bugs on My Boy

My boy By AllAmy

Under the Christmas tree By AllAmy

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi
In response to OlesyaK.

Just dropping one off for this week's challenge before the week is officially over - or is Sunday the new week - not sure Will get caught up tomorrow - too tired now....

Our Itsy Bitsy Spider By Kfedolfi

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to kfedolfi

mms

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Rainbows in our bedroom By Henri Jean

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Three from me:

19 of 52: Here Come the Bride By Stopnstare07

18 of 52: My Favorite Things By Stopnstare07

Edited by stopnstare07 on 10-07-13 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

20 of 52: Big Hat Bridal Soiree By Stopnstare07

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Wow, actually acu!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

Another adventure begins By Henri Jean

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to LesleyC

ACU!!!! Havn't gotten a chance to SB the last few days. Sunday we went out and had my dds senior pics taken, anxiously waiting to see how they turned out. We are having some beautiful fall weather, so I pushed myself to go out for a run the last two days. My legs are feeling it today, but trying to work up the energy to go out again today, forecast for later in the week is down to the 40's and raining. Need to get out and soak up the sun before it disappears until spring...

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

Two Lo's I completed last week:
Spell Caster By BoBecca77
Kurtoskalacs By BoBecca77

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

• Pink Spoonbill Said:
Tena, as a true Caribbean girl, I am so darn jealous of you. St Lucia is gorgeous. Have you gone to the Pitons yet? They are so picturesque. Can't wait to see your photos.

Hey everyone, well I'm off to LA for a week. Have a great week.

ACU!

Hi Terri, yes we went yesterday while out on a speedboat snorkeling tour, we saw Oprah's & George Foreman houses. We also climbed the two mountains of Pigeon Island at Ft. Rodney...today will be a lazy day at the beach and tomorrow we will take another tour, then we fly home on Thursday afternoon.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Tena E.

feeling blah.. low on energy.. I had quite a bit of time yesterday, but feeling blah, stamped two images to finish a layout and then just ruffled through the papers.. trying to pick the set for the next layout - rejected two piles..
just sooo disappointing all in all..

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to OlesyaK.

I have been working overtime organized lo's into albums, organizing pics to make into lo's to fill in the gaps in the albums, actually hope to scrap tonight. But may take a nap first.

Edited by scrapperbee on 10-09-13 02:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh Tena - that is now on my bucket list, and like Terri, my bucket list is turning into a bucket novel!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Josh & Tanya By Henri Jean

Tanya is on the boards here - mostly on the PDF thread.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

Hey everyone.
Tena- so wish I was you right now That is a place i would love to check out someday. Hope you are finding lots of time to relax and unwind.

We've had the s word visit us already. The streets were too warm still to do much of anything but make it sloppy so it wasn't too bad but still... I need to get out and start getting the yard cut back and ready for winter. My garden is pretty much done so I will probably start there. The boys have fall break next week. They may find themselves with a day of helping mom. That ought to go over well

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to lpeeps

Tena- so jealous of your warm weather vacation! A day on the beach sounds lovely right now!

Started a LO this morning, playing with gesso for the first time. I think I could quickly become addicted to this stuff! Feeling antsy today though and just can't sit still. Havnt heard from my husband in a few days. Funny on past deployments not hearing from him for a month was the norm. Now he has a prepared cell phone and Internet in his room. So not getting any form of communication stinks. Think it is time to blast the radio and get a workout in!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to BoBecca77

Mmmm I wish I could spend today on the beach... or hiking.. sigh..

doo
Play the music By OlesyaK.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to byondbzr

Sorry I've been MIA -- I swear unless I go away I have no time to scrap. Well I'm almost tearing up sitting here at my craft table.

It's raining (pouring) outside. I've put the puppies in their playpen -- they've been fed and they've pottied. It's time to have some me time.

BBL

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to OlesyaK.

A hike sounds wonderful! Our leaves are changing and it's so pretty right now. If only it were not raining

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to BoBecca77

Hi all Checking in to open my tabs. I was away for the weekend, and I haven't even felt like touching the computer since I got back. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Amarillo Friends By Henri Jean

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

Well my first layout of the month, can't figure out why my mojo is so odd lately.

Dreams of an Angel? NO By AuntyT

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to AuntyT

And acu!

Governor

Here's my Wk 1 Black Magic - ink on stamps

Leonor By Boricuapr

bbt to get acu

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to boricuapr

I'm caught up thru page 4! Sorry I'm so behind. Hubs had to go out of town in business for some extra training and at the last minute my 3 yr old and I decided to join him. I didn't get a chance to pack any scrappy stuffs but the lil one and I are having aa blast by the pool

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

it's Thursday already.. where has the week gone?!

dropping off another one
Good times By OlesyaK.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to OlesyaK.

I did get a 2 pager done yesterday. It is underwhelming.

Question -- several of yoU KNOW THAT (sorry puppy put on the caps) I was using Birdsong with kraft pp exclusively for my China album. I'm so bored with it! Would it look weird to change it up now?? Be honest please. the album is for me & dh so I guess it shouldn't matter. I don't think I'd deviate greatly but seriously I want to burn the rest of the birdsong pps!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to ncyankee

I'm honest--I kept a theme for dd's wedding album, but that's the only one. I get bored, I run out, it doesn't match the pics. But then, that's me.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Eileen- I think switching themes too dramatically in the album would look odd. Although I NEVER keep 1 collection through out an album, I bet it will look cohesive once complete. Just take a break from the China pics completely for a bit and when you come back, I bet you won't hate the paper anymore. Or if you get a line very similar, but I don't think that will fix the problem. That's my 3.5 cents.

Mommy Day at Preschool By AllAmy

Adore By AllAmy

Edited by AllAmy on 10-10-13 05:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to ncyankee

I now have a couple vacation albums going. I'm beyond OCD that I put my pics on the floor in the order I wanted the "story" to go, grabbed my theme paper (1 pp per page) that would go with the pic(s), and always ended up with more than 20 pages and not enough theme pp. I would get a color or theme complimentary pack, then "fill the gaps" with cardstock. My Choo Choo los would be a good example. I'd put each "page" in the correct protector in the album. This let's me see what I've done, where I'm going, and which pages need a little more help. I find vacations/events are much easier and keep me on track.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
I did get a 2 pager done yesterday. It is underwhelming.

Question -- several of yoU KNOW THAT (sorry puppy put on the caps) I was using Birdsong with kraft pp exclusively for my China album. I'm so bored with it! Would it look weird to change it up now?? Be honest please. the album is for me & dh so I guess it shouldn't matter. I don't think I'd deviate greatly but seriously I want to burn the rest of the birdsong pps!

I just go with whatever papers fit the photos so I have never used a set of papers consistently for anything so I don't think it would look weird. If you are bored with them go ahead and change them up. Or step away from it for a while! Of course I just scrap whatever photos strike my fancy which is why I use three ring albums so I can organize it at some point. My brain works weird like that writing papers is the same way I type as it flows and then read it again and for the life of me can't figure out why I think in such an odd way. Thank goodness for copy paste. If I lived in typewriter days it would be a mess and completely illogical.

Two whole days off and I've completed one layout. At this rate I won't have many layouts done for Christmas.

Oh Boy By AuntyT

Edited by AuntyT on 10-11-13 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to ncyankee

Eileen, you scrapped chronologically so far? I think it would jump out to the viewer to see the same papers then switched to random. If you make like a subsection for new location, with title page etc. then it would be logical (new place, new papers).
or find something similar to the bird song collection so it blends in a little..
check out BoBunny Serenity line

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to OlesyaK.

Still working my way through the last set of tabs I opened, and I added the new ones to the queue. Getting there!

DOO:

Leaves By Dancinirish90

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Eileen, I totally feel you on being sick of the same pp's over and over. But, if it were me, and that's just me - OCD Queen - I would force myself to keep the theme going for the whole album. But, that doesn't mean your album will look 'bad' if you mix in some other pp's. Do what inspires you!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics