Username Post: Getting Organized! Finally!        (Topic#1591407)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I organized all my brads by color taking them out of packing with a mixture of colors as well as those stupid boxes where the different colors jump into the other compartments - all by themselves! I hate the boxes with compartments.

This is a plastic box for sorting beads from the jewelry dept of Joanns or one of the box stores - each color has its own jar with a cap. If going to a crop I can just throw in the tiny jar I need.

Getting Organized! By Henri Jean

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

Very cool!! Its a great feeling being organized!!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to bonprof

I finally figured out that the way I scrap it works for me to organize everything by color. I have all my brads, buttons, flowers, beads, bling, etc that are the same color in one box. When I scrap I pull whatever color box I need and it is all there. EXCEPT I haven't figured out the ribbon thing. They are the bane of my scrapbook organization.

Veteran
In response to idlewoman

I have decided that I truly need to organize by color, since that's the way I seem to scrap. Now I just have to make myself go in there and do it. I should be finished by, say, 2042. I'll be 89!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Mimiof123

Isn't that funny, I've tried organizing by color and for some reason it just doesn't click with me. I do better when I categorize things like "small brads" "medium brads" "large brads". This looks so good though. You'll know where everything is.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to olleharr

That is super funny. That is how I have been storing mine. However, at my last trip to the bead section I found the compartment boxes only they had tracks built into the lids to ensure that the stuff stays in their designated compartments.... so I bought some of those and have been switching my stroage containers out.....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GwynnAsbury

I bought some of these boxes with the little round screw-type jars and I really like them. I can just drop on little jar in my scrap bag or pocket when I run out the door.

I can't sort everything by color - when I get the brads in red and flowers in red and ribbon and buttons in red and all the other little things in red - the container would be so big I'd never find anything.

I have to keep flower together, buttons together, brads together and then have a container or way of sorting those items by color. Then I can grab red flowers or red brads or red buttons.

But it would be too overwhelming to put everything together by color. Just too much stuff her for that. I have the equivalent of a small scrapbook store here I think! Its getting to that point anyway!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

I bought this organizer for my brads and eyelets when I first started scrapbooking and I have to say that it has met my every need as far as keeping my brads organized. I could probably use two of them now! I also like the Bo Bunny brads (because I just like anything Bo Bunny!) that come in the containers that have a magnet bottom. Can't tell you how many times that magnetic bottom has come in handy to pick up spilled brads!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dsouza

I like the magnetic container - what a great idea!

Veteran

My DIL went into my scrap room last weekend and screamed. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she thought I had more stuff than Michael's. I don't know if that was a good thing or not...

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Mimiof123

• Mimiof123 Said:
My DIL went into my scrap room last weekend and screamed. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she thought I had more stuff than Michael's. I don't know if that was a good thing or not...

I would take it as a compliment!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

I have magnetic board with the little containers and I love it! The windows lets me see everything.
Too funny Mimiof123! Now she knows where to get the best deals. LOL!

Veteran
In response to olleharr

That's what she and my daughter both think. Don't go to the store when you can shop at mom's for free!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mimiof123

Now I feel like I don't have a lot. Maybe I should go buy some more!

Love the little containers Lisa.

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie

Oh I love those containers on the magnetic board! How cool!

Veteran
In response to olleharr

I love the idea of having this many goodies at your fingertips. Where did you find the magnetic board?

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Mimiof123

I got the magnetic board at Office Max and the containers at Michaels in the wedding isle. They're actually party favor tins and I just bought a roll of Magnet tape to stick on the backs.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

Now that is clever!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I started using the Scrap Rack system about 6-7 years ago...and love it so much.. I sort by color for basic embellishments. Also sort by Holidays/happenings: Easter, Xmas, Birthdays, Travel, etc.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sunnydi

Don't you need a lot of space for that? I've heard good things about it.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

That's a really good idea. I have several of those bead boxes laying around. I think that I'm going to do the same thing.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

I don't know what scrap rack is !

Today, I organized buttons, brads and eyelets. I had them all together in one box and it was getting to be a pain to go thru.

I found these at TM's for $5!!!!!

Very happy
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CrimsonMama on 10-11-13 10:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to olleharr

Those little heart boxes are so cute!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I think the best organization style is what works for you. I hear you, Henri, but I don't have that much stuff. I did the brads, flowers, etc but it just didn't work for me. I would get done with a page and realize I had something I wish I had used on the LO. Maybe if and when I get more stuff I will have to do something different also.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to idlewoman

We are moving in 16 days and my scrap area will be in the living room where I can be with my husband. Excited to get organizing. I've bought some Fridge Binz for my stamps and dies and the Alex unit from IKEA, and we will be getting an Expedit, but not until after we move so we can see how much space there is so we know which one to get.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsrogers52513

That is such exciting news Amanda! So happy for you!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I love my wedding tins, except they are round and instead of magnetic (excellent idea, but I didn't think about it before) I have mine on a few strips of chair rail that DH put up. There is a pic of my old scrap space on page 3 of my gallery and you can see them on the wall. I like seeing them...so I remember I have them.

Trying to post a pic here...it worked, but ignore the 'putty' before paint on the chair rails. lol
My Happy Scrap Space! By ScrappinMom4

Edited by ScrappinMom4 on 10-16-13 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to ScrappinMom4

Thanks, Henri!

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

Isn't it such a nice feeling to be organized?! I just purchased a few plastic drawers to put my fast growing scrap booking supplies. I am still new but my collection is growing fast!

DB said I can have a corner space in our office for my scrapbooking Little does he know I will slowly take over his "man cave" so he calls it

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Alisa89

It will take more and more space but it will be nice to have you sharing the space! Bill's desk is in my scraproom (I don't say office anymore) and we enjoy our evenings in here together.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

Yeah that is what I am hoping. We have many of the same hobbies, but not all. So it will be nice enjoying our different hobbies together in the same room. After all, he was the one I suggested making the scrapbooks for his trucks

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Alisa89

My scrapnook with be in the living room. My husband said that he won't need much room, just the couch and TV, and I can have the rest. It'll be nice to be able to sit with him while he's watching TV or playing video games, but I can feel like I'm being productive doing something I like too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So nice that you will be able to be together in the same room! We love that!

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

That's wonderful!

Veteran

I've spent 3 days putting my paper in different colored stacks on my dining room table! I figure I'll be through in a few more days. I'm finding things that I'd forgotten I had. I'm also pulling papers that I know I won't use to take to church. The kids won't care what color or pattern it is to cut up and glue on stuff!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics