Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: November Photo Fun        (Topic#1591893)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO NOVEMBER 2013 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see EMBED. Click that.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: November 28th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 28th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

November Minis:

1 - T is for...
2 - You stuffed it where?
3 -A memory
4 -
5 - Family Tradition
6 - Play
7 - Found
8 -
9 -All wrapped up
10 -

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks Lori.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

I'm first!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!z

Darn, Denise beat me by a lousy minute!!!!! Maybe next month! There is a prize for being first, right?

Edited by Linnny on 10-30-13 10:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Linnny

I'm in.

Lynnr

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to lgtaylor100

I'm back...

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to KristaDee

I am here....thanks Lori!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to nanasan

Lori I just read about your mom, I am thinking of her. I'm glad the surgery is just a couple of days away. How's is your cousin's child doing? Oh my I am so sorry for the pain your family is going through.

Lynne I hope you are feeling better soon. Chemo is really tough, I'm sure you are tougher though.

Carolyn, how are you feeling?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa....I haven't heard anything else on my cousin. They are about 2 hours away. I get info through FB or my Aunt.
I haven't tried calling my mom yet. I don't want to bug, just want them both to rest if they can.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Congrats Lynne.....October's fav pic!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

I am here!

Feeling some better. The rain has come and I think that was what my body was predicting. Still not feeling like doing a whole lot. Look at things I need to do, shrug and say "whatever" and sit back down.
It will get done eventually!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Only 4 minis this month, Lori?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn.....I posted on the October thread and forgot to here.....throw out any mini ideas. I had a few thought of when I posted but not all. As I get them I'll put them up on the first page. I might even slide a few more in when I come up with them.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

I'm here again and hoping to do better this month.

Lori, prayers for your family.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

JCI

I've been painting and cutting and nailing.... working on 3 "around the house" projects at once. Tomorrow will be trim painting, and some gluing and tiling.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Thanks Heather!

I talked to my mom just a few minutes ago...she called me. She doesn't remember riding home. She had just gotten up and was in good spirits. She is more than ready to have the surgery "she didn't want". It's the most evasive one. She has to call tomorrow to see if they can squeeze her in. Right now the Dr put her on clonipin (sp) along with the 2 other meds she is taking for it. So far, so good! I offered to go down to her house tomorrow but she is good. Her neighbor is helping out with her animals and what not. When she does have the surgery she will be in ICU for 2 days.

I'm heading to bed to read...still reading Eragon...I'm loving it!

Tomorrow's weather...like hurricane season so they say! JOY! My hair will not approve!

Nighty-O all!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lynne congrats on the photo win!

Lori - sure hope your Mom can get into surgery asap. Can't imagine trying to live with all that pain.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I found out last night some interesting info. My youngest sister (my dads DD) texted me to see how my mom was doing, she's an EMT. She was off work forever due to a back injury and babysat (still does) for a DR. Guess who this DR is? He is head of the ER where my mom was shoved out!! Being an EMT my sister said they are not supposed to refuse anyone and she will be talking to him about where we can direct our complaints too, might even be him. My sister is the queen of sending in complaints (one that was with my mom the other night)....she will be ON it!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!!!!

Lynne, congrats!!!! Wishing you a good day too!!!!

Lori, I'm the letter writer in my family whenever something doesn't go as it should. Hope your sister gets some response! More importantly, I hope the ER realizes their mistake!!!!!!

Hope your mom is doing better today!

It is overcast here ... hope rain doesn't spoil the kiddos treat or treating! My neighborhood has changed a lot int he past few years. There was a time we would get a few trick or treaters....now, it's like a never ending parade and I have the best seat in town!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

JCI

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Lori that's really great that your sister can get you to the person you need to complain to. I guess I didn't read the original post well, or I assumed that the movement was assisted by the first hospital.

Carolyn I'm glad your feeling better.

Linny we have a crisp sunny day today! I'm so excited for all of the kiddos to show up!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Rain! Rain! And more rain! Flooding in some areas and all of the schools closed in the parish. Soggy soggy.
Lori, I am the one who gets action when there is a problem regarding health issues or things not being done that should be. Like Jack has said "You really don't want to make Carolyn mad!".
I will have to think of some good Fall-themed minis!
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

We have had rain on and off all day. Storms are expected soon, of course since I have to drive out in it!

We are headed to the rink....see you all later this evening!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Goodness, I missed two days and so much happened. I am so sorry, Lori, for all those troubles. They seem to come in waves. Praying for your Mom's problem and so quick and thorough solutions.Don't worry about minis just take care of family.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to erjaan

JCI

We've only got 24 tricker-treaters so far. Kind of slow for our area. The weather isn't great, but its not that bad either.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

So happy the rain stopped by the time the kiddos got home from school and got into costumes! Like last year there were parades of kiddos and parents dressed in costume. Actually, about 75% of the parents were in costume!!!! How cool is that!!!!

What a colorful day.....hmmm, maybe I should have taken a pic or two!!!!!

It was laundry nite and supermarket shopping....and we came home too pooped to pop. Had a turkey sandwich for dinner.... dh picked up some Paki food.

Tucked him in and here I am......

Nighty nite....sweet dreams

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

JCI
Good Night Ladies!

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to Linnny

Sign me up for November, Lori!

We spent our morning out in the badlands looking two cows and their calves that we know didn't come in with the rest last week. DH has seen them since but they were way across a really rough draw with some of the neighbor's wild yearlings that had escaped late this summer. Never saw any of them this morning. Our afternoon was spent trying get the last field of hay bales hauled home. Think we just might get done with it tomorrow!

This evening we went into the little town of Sentinel Butte for their annual Halloween get together. We enjoyed ourselves! Chili and chicken noodle soup (with homemade noodles) were on the menu. Yummy! Plus lots of good desserts, yummier!

Looking forward to another month of my favorite challenge!! I might even stay caught up this month!

Lori, hope your mom and all of your family have things looking up soon! Will keep you in my prayers.

Good night!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to loves ranch life

Morning ladies. We got a heck of a storm last night. Most of the hood is without power. Mine flickered lots but stayed on. I however have no internet, tv. Ran to bank so I was able to check in. Once home however I can't even on my phone. Lots of trees down in my area. On our way home from rink U and I counted about 8 transformers glowing as we were approaching our immediate area. I'll check back in as soon as I can.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oh, moms surgery is at noon today. Not as bad as I anticipated as far as the surgery goes. They will only be drilling a small hole behind her ear to go into. Thanks for all the prayers for the family! I got added news yesterday, dfil went to dr for checkup. He is in testing today for very slow heart rate. I'm thinking pace maker for him. Dr won't let him travel with DH for a while!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

good morning!

Looks like we could get some weather, the sky is all dark and grey.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

I'm back up and online...woohoo! I'm going to pretend like it isn't back though for a while....I've got to get some things accomplished around here!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Wowzer, that storm hit here about 9:30 and woke me up....the rain was pounding!

Lori, praying for successful surgery for your mom and a speedy recovery.

Sounds like a pacemaker is in your dfil's future. It still amazes me the way science has figured out how to 'fix' so many of our medical problems.

OK, so as we are folding the clothes in the laundromat I keep saying to Bob, but where are my new yoga pants? (maybe someday I'll try yoga, in the mean time, they are my at home uniform....so comfy) We look....nowhere! So then he talks me into believing I never added them to the clothes to be washed.

We get home and NO yoga pants....2 pairs...missing! And dh's fleece hoodies and pants!

Well, I didn't want to overload the washer and we put these in a small washer. While I was putting the towels and the gentle wash in the dryers I asked dh to get the rest of the wash....ummm, he forgot we used 2 machines .... long story a bit short, dh stopped at the laundromat before going to work and there they are sitting in the washer...very lonely! Clothes found! Now they are drying hanging all around the house....

the end.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Glad they were still there Linda!

I just took a drive and scouted out the area. The neighborhood just behind mine too the brunt of the wind we got. There are BIG trees down everywhere. Wind must have affected the cell tower close too.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hiya

Made a quick trip to N TX, we left after work of Wed. in the worst rainstorm, it rained on us all of the 4 hours drive to Ft Worth so much you couldn't see you hand in front of your face, no really, it was terrible amount of rain with flooding. I spent the AM with the DD and DGDs then DH joined us after he did his business and we had lunch. Got home to wind damage in the neighborhood and tree debris all over the yard. Seems a small tornado went on the other side of our next door neighbor's house, his tree was in the street and most had no power, we did but no internet of cable. No streetlights at a major intersection in our little area and plenty of businesses and homes without power. Happy no home damage to ours or neighbor's homes, just trees. Neighbor said he thought the whole house was coming down it was so loud. Glad I wasn't home to hear it!

That was a powerful cold front!

BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Glad to hear there was no real damage Denise, and you made it there and back safely!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Aftermath By Rockmom

Street crews removed most of it as it blocked both lanes of the street and this is a major thoroughfare into the neighborhood.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

JCI

got all my trim repainted. Patch where the chimney was is almost done. Just waiting for my "faux grout" to dry... used wood filler that was in tub. It's all I had. We will see what it looks like once it's dry and painted.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Lori, news on your mom?

Krista, yes I "see" it too! Hope your projects turns out like you want.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to rockmom

Linny, glad the missing clothes were found!
Lori, I hope your mom came through the surgery and is doing well. Hope dfil will be ok.
Krista, I saw the wolf after I read your post.
Beautiful day here today!
BBL

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to 2xblessed

My DD took this for me:

DGDs Costumes 2013 By Rockmom

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

I'm still waiting on word on mom's surgery. It was supposed to take about an hour....it's been 3 1/2. My sister is there and the nurses said there has been no reports of complications. Maybe they didn't get started on time.....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Whew....mom just got out of surgery! No complications as of now. It took longer because the DR had to move 2 things around the nerve, not sure what just yet. He also had to do something else to the nerve. My sister said shave the end or something (not sure that is it though) so he felt more comfortable that it (the procedure) would work properly. No one can see her for a few hours yet. She will be moved later to her room.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - praying for your Mom as she recovers now from the surgery.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Thanks Krista!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

ditto, prayers for a successful recovery for your momma

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise.

I'm choosing to wait to see her tomorrow. Sister said she knew her name and why she was in there but didn't know the year. She was a bit agitated and pulling at her wires. I want her to rest, tomorrow should be better for her.

DH, U, and I went to eat. I'm stuffed. All the kiddies in the neighborhood are roaming the streets for candy. My light is off. I didn't pass one kid (with the exception of a baby) dressed in costume. Mostly bigger kids with bags wanting free candy.

Going to get my jammies on....it's a little nippy here tonight.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI

Lori, glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Thanks Heather!

My sister just sent me a text to let me know mom is alert and refusing pain meds. She's eating ice chips and jello! I can't wait to see her tomorrow!

Been making ponytail holders today for the craft fair. I wanted to use up the butt load of ribbon I have. I have used up about 10 spools so far. They are really easy and fun to make too!

Going to spend some time with DH....he has to be at work by 6 in the morn.

Have a great evening everyone!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey Lori, continued prayers for your mom's complete recovery.

Love to see the hair clips you've been making!!!

Stopped at a Turkish restaurant on the way home from our errands to pick up a shepherd's salad. They always serve it with this unbelievable bread. We didn't eat it...so now as we are closing the kitchen for the night I find the bread still in the bag. Sadly we each took a bite and then took the loaf and through it in the trash, because it would not have survived till the morn

nighty nite

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

So glad the surgery went well Lori. Continued prayers for a speedy and pain-free recovery!
I would like to see the ponytail holders, too!
Good luck at the craft fair. Been in touch with my friend who is at the Main to Main Sale off and on all day. Not selling much. People are wanting really low prices. I can only go so low on the crafts or I will lose money. But, if I don't sell the stuff, I will be out money, too. Feeling really discouraged right now.
Linny, bummer about the bread! You couldn't put it in the fridge and pop in the oven for a few minutes when you are ready to eat it? :/ I keep my bread in the fridge and take out what I need.
Heading to bed! Good Night Ladies!

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to 2xblessed

Lori,
Sounds like your mom's recovery from surgery is going well! I hope this surgery did the trick for her to be better!
Went to town today for a few groceries and a haircut for DH. When we got home he and our youngest worked on getting bales hauled home. Down to 65 left, so should be done by noon tomorrow. Hurray!
Tomorrow I a going to Wheat, Women and Wine. It is a program put on the Women in Agriculture. I went last year and enjoyed it. They are have a bread making class, card making, gardening workshop and something on North Dakota agriculture history. In between the workshops they have vendors you can shop with, late in the afternoon is wine and cheese tasting. The tasting products are ND made. Pretty good last year. Supper and then a speaker. I am taking my MIL..yippeee (not) and meeting a SIL there.
Well, long winded as usual! Good night and have a good Saturday!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

Lori -

Glad the surgery went well.

Finally starting scrapping again yesterday after a bad week.

Lynne

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Lori, waiting for updates on your, seeing her face to face is always better than reports from others. Praying this operation makes her SO much better.

Sounds like to many are having storms or at least rain. Think I will go sit in my lounge chair by the grapefruit tree and bless our wonderful weather.I do NOT miss storms and bugs!

off to garage sales today, just for the sport of it.

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to erjaan

It is a beautiful fall day here!! No wind and the sun is out and already about 40F. DH and I were off at dark dawn this a.m to haul bales. That project will be done by noon. Too nice today to attend the gathering in town, so staying home to see if we can't get some more fall work done while it is so nice.
Catch ya all later! Have a great day!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning all. After a few very very late nights, I was finally able to catch up on sleep. Kids let me sleep till 11am. Feel so much better now.

Today is laundry, menu planning, and grocery shopping day.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Hi everyone!

Went to see my mom...she is feisty, looks good and feels pretty good. I think I'll go back tonight. She was very talkative and laughing too. THank you all for the continued prayers.

DFIL....apparently no pacemaker yet. He must have been sleeping during his testing....why his heart rate was so low.

No new word on my cousin. I did find out that she went 3-4 months in pain and her DR did not catch early signs of her cancer. Early detection is a must for this type in children.

It's a gorgeous day here. Uman and I have some running we need to do. DH bought a new shower head a while back and finally put it on last night......pure JUNK!! Has 2 heads and one wont work, just sprays water out of the hose. I'll be getting one today so he can put it on before he leaves tomorrow. This one doesn't spray out worth a hoot. Took me forever to feel like I was rinsed properly this morning!

Lynne....glad you are feeling well enough to scrap!

Krista....glad you got much needed rest!

Judy....hope you get all your work done although it doesn't sound like much fun to me! The town gathering sounds much better!

Kate.....hope you find some goodies and enjoy your relaxing!

Carolyn....I hope to sell a few items. At least enough to make my $20 back for the table.

Linda....why wouldn't the bread keep? I'll post a pic of my hair bows soon.

Off to get busy! BBL!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Lori I am so happy to hear your mom is doing so well. I'm glad she's already improving.

Linny I have done that at the laundrymat too what a pain in the tush. I'm glad everything was there.

Judy enjoy the workshops today. It sounds like a really good time.

Carolyn, Bummer about the stuff not selling. Marketing crafts seems tough to me. I just can't imagine doing it.

Krista I can't wait to see the new fireplace!

Denise that's a huge tree I'm glad your house was spared. I think being rammed by a car is enough for a long time.

I've got a couple of photos to get up, but no time at the moment, this lovely autumn day is calling my name!

Have a great day everyone!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Beautiful day here. Other than the wind blowing, a great day to be out and about. I was sitting outside for a bit while Daisy did her business. I got to thinking about my friends who have died. Today would be one of those days when Evelyn would call and say "Pay attention! You want to go to Natchitoches and eat?" Or in earlier days it would be "Want to go to the movie tonight?" When Milinda was still living here, we would often go by and pick her up. Hard to believe they are both gone. I miss them both so much!
Texted my friend at the sale. She said things are slow slow.
Any of you who have had successful craft shows have any suggestions for how I can get sales if I ever do one again? So depressed!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Linda...here is the start of them. Still need to fold them in 1/2, add the hairband. I made all sorts of different colored ones. Used up a ton of ribbon that was just sitting around....yay!

Nov #1 Bows galore By Desilu3131

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to 2xblessed

Beautiful, cool, sunny day but windy.

Went shopping with DD and DH bagged up those large trash bags full of tree debris. Yard looks so much better now.

Should be in the kitchen but feet are aching after shopping all day, not use to that.

I did get some SB pps at HL for 50% off, good deal that! I try not to pay full price for my supplies if I can help it.

Carolyn, not sure how to get sales up for craft shows. Luck of the draw finding something people want to buy? Don't really know.
Lori, that is great news, continue to pray her recovery goes well.

Krista, yay! Sleep is not overrated!

Lynn happy to hear you are scrapping.

Missa and G, hiya!

Linny, what was wrong with the bread?

Loved the night photo of the lit up well! Cool beans!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to rockmom

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

JCI
Having issues getting photos off of camera again.
BBL
Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight unless you live where you don't have to deal with it.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Evening all!

Uriah and I just got home from visiting my mom. We were there much longer than I had hoped. She started having the same pains as before her surgery around 5 this afternoon. Had had 9 of them and a couple while I was there. She was moved to a new room and all family had left before the pains returned. She is not a happy person right now! Just before I left the head DR on call was to come see her. I left my # but I doubt there is anything that can be done until her surgeon sees her. They gave her a heavy dose of pain meds (not that it helps her kind of pain) but it should help her rest. Just after we got there 2 officers with a dog came into the room. I thought they were just showing patients the dog.....uh, no! Apparently she threatened to take the pills she had in her purse if they didn't do something! I gave the pills to them to keep and had no clue she even had them. It's really kind of funny knowing they called the dogs on MY mom. At the same time people have no idea what kind of pain she is enduring. I think you could probably saw your own arm off and it not be as painful as what she's going through. I sure hope there is something the DR can go back in and do. I don't believe it would be an effect of after surgery. Geez! I pity the staff with her tonight....a sailor doesn't have anything on her, especially right now. She normally wouldn't behave like that!!

We are off to the rink bright and early tomorrow, playing in state thankfully! I'll be around tomorrow afternoon at some point.

Have a great evening!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Aww gee your poor mom!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to rockmom

Oh Lori, how upsetting and frustrating. Hopefully her surgeon can figure out what the problem is.

About the bread....I always assume everyone reads my mind and therefore understand what I'm trying to convey. It is Syrian bread....if you have never had it, google it....just looking at it you can gain weight! Anyhoo....we are both trying to cut way back on 'white' carbs. So, to save ourselves, we sacrificed the fresh bread.

It was dh's nephew's 18th birthday...we went out to dinner and had a nice time. dh's sister is doing amazingly well...she had chemo on Thursday and other than a little weakness, she was doing good. Even has her appetite back.

Nighty nite

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

Lori, so sorry your mom is still having pain issues.
Off to bed.
Tell someone you love him or her.
Good Night Ladies!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Lori I am sorry about your mom. I can't believe they called the dogs on her. She must be in pain to be making threats like that. I really hope this can be resolved.

Carolyn, It's gotta be tough to be missing your friends. I am sorry you are without your two friends

DH has been a saint this weekend. I'm a little under the weather and he has had G by his side since yesterday morning. They went on a hike and to a b-day party yesterday and just now they left to take Misty for a walk on the river. It's nice to have a break.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Lori I have a few ideas for Minis if ya want 'em

T is for
Play
A memory

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Carolyn, I hope things are brighter for you today!!

Heading into church in a bit. We are facing a difficult decision about changing churches. Not a fun thing to have to consider.

Finished hauling the last of our hay home yesterday after a tractor breakdown that was repaired. The truck breakdown was a big one and it may have to go to town to get fixed.

Talk to ya later!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning! Bright and Brisk here today!

Carolyn, I have come to realize that time does not fill the gaping hole in one's heart. I think and talk to my best friend and my mom practically every day. There are things I would only talk to Diane about and I miss that kind of relationship... I feel your pain girlfriend Hope today is filled with happy thoughts!

Judy, I've told you this in the past, but I truly love hearing about and seeing pics of your daily life. So totally different from what I know and a true learning experience!

I am trying get my mojo back...gonna try to make a birthday card for my auntie....she's going to be 90 this month and there will be a big party to celebrate this wonderful day!

May everyone's day be filled with many blessings.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

90th birthdays are nothing to sneeze at wow!

I have a few to drop off.

November POD 3 Newly Built Bed By MissaOnTheRun

November POD 2 The Ballerina By MissaOnTheRun

November POD 1 Rock Scramble By MissaOnTheRun

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Linnny

Hi everyone -

Dreary Sunday here.

Cleaned up my Bombay chest which holds all of my smaller scrapbooking items such as alphies, punches, adhesive, matting cards, scissors, ribbon, etc.

I also last week cleaned out two closed cabinets in my breakfront where I now store pictures and embellies.

Feel ready to roll.

Haven't gotten out yet to take pictures although I have a good idea.

Lynne

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening all!

I'm ACU on the chatter but still need to give some photo love.

We played today at our old rink....was really nice to catch up with old friends (and win both games)! Uriah shot his heart out but couldn't net one. He finally did in the second game when they pulled the goalie.

I did not take Uriah up to the hospital this afternoon. I'll go tomorrow while he's in school. My sister was up and my mom is still having issues. I think she will be sent home tomorrow. She was doing so well they cut back her meds. Sister talked to the surgeon today and he said he is going to give the nerve 2 weeks to heal from surgery. It's not real common for the pain to occur after surgery but it is not uncommon either. If it does not heal itself in two weeks he will have to do a more invasive operation...through her mouth and go in and burn the nerve. That doesn't sound fun. Both my sisters are going nutso! My sister that has been with her the most in the hospital is about to lose it. She advised my prego sister to please not visit as she is extremely upset. I'm the calm one. As upsetting as it is I know there is absolutely nothing I can do. Working myself up will not help anyone or the situation.

Kinda fearful for her to go home. She will have to have all her pills taken away where she can't find them....I'm real sure of that! She won't be able to be left alone either. Her pains right now are about 15 minutes apart and lasting 15 seconds each. I just wish they could really knock her out with some kind of medication so she doesn't have to deal with this terrible pain!

I'm more than ready to jump in my warm jammies and open my book.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Lori, I'm sorry your mom is having more pain. I hope it gets better real soon .

Got my Christmas cards ordered today, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Dropping off a pic

November Photo Fun #1 By Heather4859

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

That's weird. I had typed a long post and thought I hit the space bar. Anyway, it disappeared. Too tired to retype it.
Basically, it was saying thanks for the kind comments about my missing my friends. If you have close gal pals be with them every chance you get.
Lori, I am sorry your mom is still having pain. It's hard to see someone you love in pain and know you can't "fix" it. My prayers are with her and all of y'all.
Missa, I hope you are feeling better.
Judy, I love seeing and reading about your farm life, too!
ACU
Good Night Ladies! Tell someone you love them!

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to 2xblessed

Bedtime soon for this girl! Kind of a weird day here for reason. We decided to skip church but did go into town later to a craft bazaar and to haul our broken down truck into the mechanic. Visited with some friends and then came home. DH and I went out to feed cattle and it was so quiet and pretty so close to sunset. Got home and DH's cousin and wife stopped by for a bit. They run sheep and cattle. Tomorrow they are hauling their lambs to the sale barn about 90 miles from here. DH and I were going to take a load for them also but my husband is trucking in the oilfield tomorrow. I am the sheep hauler now! Going to take my Boyd dog with me for company.

Lori, I hope they get your mom's pain under control and it stays that way!

POD#3 2013 Calves

POD#2 Sunrise

Sleep well!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning girls!

Carolyn...Hoping you have a good day today. I sometimes wish I had a close girlfriend to do things with. In my adult life I have never had one to run around with.

Busy morning. Dropping U off at school, home for bills that need attention, weigh in, hospital! My sister texted me last night that the pain meds for moms TR must have kicked back in. She had only had one pain during the evening.

BBL

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

Hi everybody.

Lori - My heart goes out to your Mom.

Linda - I love all kinds of bread too. It is my downfall.

Judy - Love hearing about your farm life also. So different from here in the suburbs.
Lynne

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Lori I hope those meds keep working. This nerve better get its act together and heal in the next two weeks. I certainly don't want your poor mom to have to go through the second procedure it sounds rough.

Judy you and Boyd have a blast.

Carolyn, thanks for the well wishes, I'm feeling better today, just a bit tired.

Last night I started working on a first year photo-book for G. I scrapped her first year, then decided they albums are so bulky she'll never take them with her. I am using Shutterfly and hopefully I'll have it done before Christmas.

Have a great day everyone!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Lori I just saw your question. We will finish it once we move. We plan on moving of the rez in a year give or take a couple of months so I'll finish it to match our new bedroom, I don't feel like doing that twice.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thankful the pain meds kicked in for your Mom Lori.

Hiya ladies, have a great day.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning!
Missa, glad you are feeling better!
Judy, have a safe and fun haul.
Lori, glad your mom had a better night. And I am sorry you don't have a close gal pal. My only other close gal pal lives a couple of hours away. I talked to her the other day and she has finally gotten a reliable car. Now, she has to work on getting stronger (she is the one with an diagnosed illness) before she can come spend some time with me.
Think I am ACU.
But, have an idea and I would appreciate you ladies giving me your honest feed back! I am thinking of making bags of my jewelry and trying to sell them as "surprise" bags. I have seen it in catalogs and wonder if it works. I would put several pieces in the bag. Maybe have a bag of just bracelets or earrings or necklaces. Then have some bags that are a mix of them. Offer them for $15 with free shipping. Maybe show a picture of the different types of jewelry you may get.
Btw, I made a whopping $20 at the sale. My friend said they didn't even make enough to cover their snacks they bought while there. Everyone was looking for things they could buy and redo and resale.
Ok, off to see what I can accomplish today! BBL

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Lori, praying your mom's pain will eventually ebb and the surgery be successful.

Missa, I must have missed that you weren't feeling well...hope you're doing better. Where is G going??? I must have missed that one too

Carolyn, I have seen those 'surprise' packages, but I don't usually buy because they don't show the possible items. If you are showing pics of the possible choices, I think it would be a great idea!

I am so thankful that I found my crafting mojo. Finally made a card for my auntie's 90th birthday. I wanted to make something really special, because she is, and I am happy with the results. Gonna venture out on the terrace to try and get a good pic of it.

bbl

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Afternoon ladies!

Carolyn.....I'm glad you made a little!

Update on mom....got to spend a couple hours with her before they checked her out to go home! She was in very good spirits although tired and groggy from the meds she is on. Apparently she is on 3 narcotics and someone just "took" them away from her because she was doing very well after surgery. I'm pretty sure you wean yourself off that sort of RX not just stop it completely! The DR seems to think that is why she was having the pain reactions again. He's not totally sure though. Hopefully the next two weeks for her will go smoothly!

I really thank you all for your concern! Very much appreciated!!

Missa (and everyone)....I added those mini's yesterday.....forgot to mention it!

My cousin's biopsy confirmed Ewing's Sarcoma. It's a very aggressive cancer as I understand. She will be going through 42 weeks of chemo. She's a fighter and I'd very much like for her to stomp the statistics and remember they're just a #!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Good news for mom Lori. Sorry about the cousin, hope she can stomp them too!

Carolyn, I would never buy something I didn't know exactly what I was getting but then I am not adventuresome with my money.

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to rockmom

Hello! Blue Monday!
Lori, hope your Mom's doing better!
I haven't taken any pictures this month!Got to get busy!

Judy, your sunrise picture is beautiful.. Love hearing about your daily life too....as with all you ladies...

I went to Canton Saturday...huge trades day the first Monday of each month...actually begins the weekend before the first Monday.....so many people! Don't like crowds so just walked around til I saw something I really liked....lines were really long with the Christmas decorations! So saved DH some money...lol! Git some neat ideas...

Lori, the bows are beautiful...so colorful..

Enjoy the rest of your Monday! I think I will go outside before it rains...

Will try to catch up on gallery love later!

Take care....later....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to nanasan

JCI....it's popcorn shrimp & stuffed clams tonight for U and I. I finished all my bows and am glad to see them off my kitchen table. Tonight I'm going to finish up another hat for the craft fair. I have a few loose ends to tidy up and then I think I'll be ready.

It's been nice today but now seems pretty dreary. Maybe it's just because it's getting dark earlier.

Here are a couple of my bows for the craft fair. I have many that are fuller. These look kinda flat just laying on the table.

Nov #2 By Desilu3131

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Overcast, misting rain and dreary here. I hate this time change, just pick one and leave it alone already!

Did get more yard work done yesterday. Got a large portion of the tree debris off the front yard but have the back yard and sides to do as well as a large flower bed in the front. Never ending. Still need to bleach my garden buckets and planters too. Also want to clean and sharpen garden tools.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

good afternoon.

gym workout (added more weights) - check
work done - check (2 days left)
house vacuumed - check (broke my fave vase - had to vacuum that room, so I vacuumed the rest of the house)
soup on - check
threw my knee out again - check
watched some tv (haven't done that in a while) - check
hot chocolate made for the kids (complete with marshmallows and peppermint flavour) - check

now to finish the last of the soup prep, and rest my knee...

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Krista you forgot one thing on your check list... come clean my house and finish my gazillon unfinished projects... just kidding. Where do you get all the energy!

Lori, glad to hear your mom had a good night. Hopefully things just keep getting better for her.

BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Heather! I'd come finish your projects... if I lived closer. Where my energy comes from? Haven't got a clue! LOL My Mom is always go-go-go, too. So I probably got it from her.

I forgot a few things from my list...
patch holes left by towel holder in bathroom - check
prime holes - check
fed kids supper and nightlunch - check
kids in bed - check

Still waiting for DH to be finished work so that we can eat supper together.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista...what the heck is nightlunch?

Been watching The Thing tonight and working on a blanket I started ages ago. Turning in before too long.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

It's snack before bedtime...

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

That's what I was thinking but had to ask!

Turning in to read!

Have a great evening all!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Thanks for the feedback on my "mystery" bags. I got to thinking I would probably end up losing way more money than I would make on them. Think I will table the idea for now.
Krista, bummer about breaking the vase and wrecking your knee. Been there done that a few times.
Lori, I hope when your mom gets home and settled she will start to feel better. Sometimes it helps to just be at home surrounded by your own things and memories.
Prayers for your cousin. I found out yesterday that a lady I know has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. A very sweet elementary teacher that taught when I was student teaching. In fact, she taught my niece in I think 2nd or 3rd grade. She is one of those soft spoken people that I don't think ever raised her voice. Was saddened to hear of her illness. Also found out today that my friend Donna, who had a stroke as a result of chemo is not doing good. A mutual friend visited her today and said she was really confused, thinking all of her family had been to visit today and none of them had been there. Sad, but in a way I think it is better than her not remembering when they had been there and getting upset thinking they have forgotten her.
My camera and computer are not on speaking terms again. I can't get my pictures off of the camera!
Heading to bed soon. Good night ladies.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Hi dearies!

Lori, praying that stopping all narcotics caused the pain and time will prove the surgery a success.

So sorry to hear of your cousin's battle. I cannot understand why this evil disease cannot be stomped out forever! So many people battling....

Krista, hope your knee is better....I got exhausted just reading your list of tasks you got done!

dh and I are going away Saturday till Wednesday...so hopefully I'll get some nice pics. My joint pain and spinal stenosis pain has flared up. Tonight I realized that I stopped using the Rx pain cream (for lack of a better description) because I didn't think it was working. Hmmm, maybe it was. Back to three applications a day....

OK....here's my first pic of the month....certainly not artistic, but interesting.

POD 1 Something New By Linnny

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Yay....found one last Hummer!!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics