Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - product, color, technique, and theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between November 1 and midnight PST November 30, 2013 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.
Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! If you have a question, ask!
Category One ~ Product: Washi Tape
Okay, I know some people who will be happy about this category. Washi has made a lot fans recently, and I must admit, I don't have very much of it, but I always love the look of pages using it. This month, use some washi tape on a LO. If you don't have any, you can substitute masking tape, or any other kind of tape really. If it comes in a roll and it's sticky, it will count for this challenge.
Twist: Use washi at least 2 different ways on your LO to earn the twist.
Category Two ~ Color: Brown and Teal
Use BROWN and TEAL on a LO this month. No specific amount requirements this time, but they must both be there and be easily visible.
Twist: Include some sparkle on your page – bling, gems, glitter, Stickles, metal, sequins, anything with sparkle. Point it out for us, please.
Category Three ~ Technique: Fussy Cutting
To fussy cut is to target and cut a specific motif that's printed on paper, rather than randomly cutting as we normally do. This can be a time consuming, detailed cut, or something much more simple. Either way, adding fussy cut pieces to a LO is a great layering technique. Cut and include at least one fussy cut element on a page this month.
Twist: Include visible journaling on your page.
Category Four ~ Theme: Thankful
No big surprise here! Our November Theme is Thankful. You may choose to do a LO about something that you are thankful for, or just do a LO about Thanksgiving.
Twist: Include the word 'thankful' or 'thanks' or 'thank you' somewhere on your page.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
1. Kena (Bubblegirl) 1*,2*,3
2. Sandra (sasload4)
3. Linda (lindaj3) 4*
4. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1,2*,3
5. Becky (beck_bear) 1,2*,3*,4*
6. Amanda (Scrapanda) 1*,2*,3*,4*
7. Doreen (Doreena) 1*,2*,3*,4*
8. Drea (DreaSlee) 1*,2*
9. Linda (boricuapr) 1,2*,3*,4*
10. Amy (AllAmy) 1*,2*,3*.4
11. Sara (SaraS) 1,3*
12. Mary (GMFTS) 1,3,4*
13. Sue (jazzescrapper)
14. Carol (NMscrapper) 1,2*,3*,4*
15. Julie (julie101)
16. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3,4*
17. Aubs (aubrieannie) 2*,3
18. Jenny (justowen) 1
19. Tena (Tena E.) 1*,2,4*
20. Marci (Marcilb) 1,2*,3
21. Laura (lcmemories) 1*,2*
22. Rebecca (BoBecca77) 1
23. Rhonda (YourScrapAttack) 1,3*
24. Deepa (rahulsmom)
25. Krissy (krissyclarkmckee) 1*,3*
26. Denay (denayc) 2*