Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: So, I am a little disappointed...        (Topic#1592687)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I have two friends who have NOT been as excited about Scrapbook.com as I am! This is a little mind blowing to me, as I enjoy it here so much.

Friend 1 is new to scrapping, I suggested this site so she could learn n get ideas. She told me it wasn't exciting n she found more stuff on Pinterest!! Which is a riot bc EVERYTHING on Pinterest is from SB.com...!!

Friend 2 has said the boards are not that interesting or active! Ok...with the holidays...I can see a slow down...

I don't know about you guys, but this is a bit bothersome. I remember a while back the forum was a lot busier...any ideas??? Input???

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Juansmom

I agree, the forums are nowhere as busy as they used to be.
I think it's the Facebook/Pinterest faze, which I don't get!
I do look at Pinterest sometimes, but because I don't really understand it/know how to use it, I get frustrated, so I just get outta there! Facebook, I can't stand. I know, not the norm!
I just detest the fact that people get on there and tell every stinkin part of their day/life that I have no interest in, that's when I figured out, it wasn't for me!
I would much rather be here!
Some days I look in the general forum and there has only been 5 topics that have been commented on.
I remember years past when newbies would get on and ask questions and then get blasted from other members telling them that question has been asked too often, that they should do some research before asking. I know if I were new, that'd turn me away.
I sure hope it's not that scrapbooking is losing its charm.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to ChansGram

Yes...that's so true...I could spend hours scrolling thru the posts...n now there is literally nothing new...which is why I started doing the challenges. What can we do? And maybe you hit it on the head...too many newbies are/were turned off after their first questions were blasted by the people they supposed were there to help?? Idk....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

I spend most of my computer time here too. Seems to be a bit of a slowdown but I think it is the holidays. There is some degree of slowdown every just before Thanksgiving and runs through Christmas.

I have a friend I introduced to this site and she doesn't care for it but she loves Facebook.

I also do not care at all for Pinterest. I've been over there once or twice and was overwhelmed. Plus, I want to scrap and spend other time doing other things and I am just not willing to take on something that will put me on the computer for more hours everyday. I have enough computer activity going on.

Facebook - I do enjoy it but I'm not into it as much as most. I check several times a day but have my settings fairly tight so everything doesn't come through.

Maybe it is just me but I don't care for the posts with the sayings and encouragement and all the links to everything everyone likes. I want to know how my friends and family are personally doing and what is new with their lives and see my nephews newest baby pictures and friends updates, not read a lot of stuff that I would delete from my email as spam. I am not fond of many email forwards and I don't like them on Facebook either.

But Facebook does keep me with up-to-date with marriages, babies, and unfortunately, even divorces. I love seeing family and friend's pictures.

Chris - you first posted about the snake on Facebook and I loved that - that is the kind of thing I enjoy reading. I checked back frequently just to see what was going on with the snake and if you got him out of the basement!

We trade Facebook info with a lot of people we meet on military flights and cruise ships and Facebook has been a great way for us to keep up with each other's travels.

That said, I can check Facebook in 5 minutes and see everything new I'm interested.

I spend hours here. Way too many hours! But I love it here.

I meet people all the time while travelling who are also scrapbookers. They write down all the information about scrapbook.com and seem anxious to come over here, then I never see them.

And I agree Trish - if I was new and asked a question and someone told me it had already been asked or just given me a link where it had been linked I would be turned away too. I've seen people ask if they didn't research before posting and I always feel bad for the person asking the question. I don't want to newbies (or anyone) to feel they have to research what has been asked int he past before they can feel comfortable asking a question.

So what if its been asked before. Different people will see it and you will get different answers. I answer the same question over many times many times and will keep on doing that.

txht2003
Veteran
txht2003
In response to Juansmom

I think everyone is different, but your friends will eventually find themselves on the boards. Sometimes, I have found the boards to be very slow and so I venture off to other pages. But, I always find myself coming back! When I was a serious scrapper I didn't post my layouts, but I came here for ideas. Also, I found my best friend here! So keep hope alive lol.......and wait. Happy Scrapping!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to txht2003

And you know what else...I feel like I HAVE made some WONDERFUL friends here...some like Henri are now my fb friends...and every one on PDF who has fb. I love that around-the-world connection. I truly hope it's just a seasonal swing! And ur right Henri, I love those fun crazy stories that connect us all on fb!! I'll try to have more insanity in my life to post!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

I love it here but hate how slow it's been! Seems like it just the 6 or 7 of us that are always here it used to move so fast you couldn't keep up.

Veteran
In response to Sneezy1956

I know I haven't been on here as much lately, but it is due to holiday busyness! It seems like there is always somewhere I need to be or something else I need to do. Maybe everyone will be back after the first of the year and we can al catch up! I also agree that, if I asked a questions on here and someone blew me out of the water, I wouldn't come back. We should learn to be more tolerant and remember that we all work at different paces and are on different levels!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-05-13 01:19 PM
In response to Mimiof123

The boards here have been much slower for a long time. I have noticed days when the new topics haven't changed from the day before!

That said I have so little time lately and when I get away from work I am not as interested in jumping on the computer after staring at a screen for 8+ hours.

I love this site and I agree with most of what has been said already.

Maybe we should start a different kind of challenge: start a topic at least once a week. That could be kind of fun don't you think?

I nominate you Chris!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to GMFTS

Ha!!! I will TAKE THAT CHALLENGE! Starting tomorrow...then we will have fresh meat to devour! You will probably all be sick of me!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-05-13 02:02 PM
In response to GMFTS

I agree... has been slow for a while here. I felt like activity dropped off a lot when the site changed to the new look and it seems like it never quite picked back up after that. I think most of us are very well used to the changes by now... I don't even remember how it used to look anymore. It sure would be great if we could get more activity going.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Vae

Heres a thought...maybe no one ison anymore cause no one knows where PDF WENT!!!! LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Juansmom

I noticed a slowdown when the site rolled out it's new look. I think a lot of people just said enough and left. I didn't like quite a few of the changes, but I've made some really awesome friendships on this site, so I bit the bullet and embraced the change. Some of the friends I've made here are like family to me now, and i don't want to lose that. But I do mourn the lack of activity the past few months. Whatever it takes, I think we all need to do whatever we can to perk it back up!

trem1997
Pro
trem1997
In response to Juansmom

I know that I have been MIA. I so love Pinterest and I really do not care for FB. I cannot tell you the last time a did a LO and uploaded it. I have been busying making cards and little things but have not uploaded any of it. I work at Michaels and all I do is buy scrapbook supplies, even my coworkers say I buy something everytime I work.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Juansmom

I donot post much because I feel like I do not have or take the time to be on board. But I very much enjoy it when I follow. You scrappers seem like you have a lot of fun just talking. I love to scrap. It is so much fun. I use to go to scrap with my friends but found that I really would like to just scrap at home because I just plan my pages as I go. I try lots of different embellishments and really enjoy making my own. I am going to try to talk with this great bunch and move my laptop to my scraproom. Really donot have a scrapbuddy at present. My old buddy had medical problems with her husband and just does not have time!!! Miss it so much

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Juansmom

I just love it here and log on at least 2 x a day. I don't even have a facebook acct! I cant be bothered with all the BS. I think people are busy shopping, etc.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
I agree... has been slow for a while here. I felt like activity dropped off a lot when the site changed to the new look and it seems like it never quite picked back up after that. I think most of us are very well used to the changes by now... I don't even remember how it used to look anymore. It sure would be great if we could get more activity going.

I agree--it seems it hasn't gotten back to the activity before the changes. I don't see the number of newbies there used to be, and lots of us have just been busy. Maybe it will speed up after the holidays. And--I never have done Pinterest or Facebook. I stay on the computer more than enough just here.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 12-05-13 05:41 PM
In response to scrapperbee

I have a good friend that scrapped with me over the years. We both stopped at the same time and both now kinda getting back in it together right now as our youngest kids are finally 2 and we have a few moments LOL But she looked at me like I had 3 heads when I said I joined a board and she was like just look at pinterest! Oh well..

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to poi

I have to admit, when I first signed up at sb.com, I barely visited because it was overwhelming. I didn't visit the forums then and felt like I missed out on lo's in the gallery if I didn't visit every hour. I also wasn't in to shopping online either.

Then about four years ago, I was bored at work and played around a bit and found the forums and a topic or two caught my eye. I participated in forums, met more people, started my own gallery and participated in challenges. And...as they say...the rest is history.

I have noticed the past several months have been slow. It could be new people being chased away, feeling intimidated, etc. I know for me, I started a new job several months ago and my internet time isn't as liberal as in the past (lol) and life has been busy. There are several other past regulars who have also gotten new jobs, had babies or other life's happenings have taken priority.

It is still a great resource and it has several things that pinterest can never have - building relationships through the forums and of course, the wonderful superstore.

Yes, I now shop online, almost exclusively

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to pugs223

This site is pretty overwhelming for me sometimes.
But it is all my fault..I have been in my scraproom now for 2 hours and just have had so much fun !!!! I am going to spend my weekend in here. It is sleeting now and we are suppose to have a winter storm here in Ky. This calls for a pot of chili and grilled cheese.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Grammy24

• Grammy24 Said:
This site is pretty overwhelming for me sometimes.
But it is all my fault..I have been in my scraproom now for 2 hours and just have had so much fun !!!! I am going to spend my weekend in here. It is sleeting now and we are suppose to have a winter storm here in Ky. This calls for a pot of chili and grilled cheese.

Here's to hoping you have enough adhesive, every shade of cardstock, and every other supply you need to last through the winter storm.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-05-13 08:19 PM
In response to pugs223

LOL Peg!

I browse the gallery sometimes but I come here more for the product recommendations and the community. I also happen to shop here, but I don't know if I would as much if I wasn't here all the time chatting.

I do love pinterest for gathering ideas, but I can't ask pinterest which is the best white ink and get 10 answers within an hour

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to pugs223

Thanks, but I know I am low on cardstock...not low but just not the right color!!!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Grammy24

I'm always out of the "right" color of card stock.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to pugs223

Hey ladies this is nice topic to read all your thoughts. I try to come on here when I can. I mostly been looking at the gallery. When some of you leave comments it really nice to know. You guys like my work I'm doing with my photos. I try to get on the forum. But sometimes it can be overwhelming for me. Also, I don't know what to say half the time. So, I just usually read the topics and post that interests me or catch my eye.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to justartguy007

You know...there are so many sites out there and this one is great but the forums are....how shall I say it...a little tame? Predictable?

I was active here a lot more when I scrapped a lot more but these days I tend to frequent other sites for more varied topics of discussion

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to scrappercaz

• scrappercaz Said:
You know...there are so many sites out there and this one is great but the forums are....how shall I say it...a little tame? Predictable?

I was active here a lot more when I scrapped a lot more but these days I tend to frequent other sites for more varied topics of discussion

Ok...predictable...so what topics would Interest you n encourage you to join the boards??
I feel like, from most of your responses, we are all thinking n feeling the same...life happens n u get pulled away, but "something" else is going on...boredom with the site? I hope not!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Juansmom

I am glad someone posted this. There has been a slowdown, in my opinion. I am a cardmaker. I have tried posting some new posts in that forum and got less than a handful of replies. I admit...it was a "tame" topic such as "What card folds do you like?" I was hoping to get things going. No Facebook for me... just not personalized for crafting. I do like to get ideas from Pinterest...but that is all I get. IDEAS. They are great but not a discussion. I have been very active on another site and it is completely closing down in just a few days and going to a FB format. I don't think our skills or craft is going downhill!

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I love this site and all the helpful tips from those who participate....I have been spending more time with the digital scrapping but realize I still have a lot of scrapping goodies that need to be used...not counting the items I gave to my son's girlfriend;) I really love hybrid scrapping so I am going to lean towards that now....I ordered the Cameo last night and I feel guilty because my dear husband bought me a KNK a few years back....we have changed computers and he hasn't hooked it back up...I have read so many post on the Cameo and I feel it would be a nice addition to my addiction;) Do I make any sense? oh well it's early and I am only on my 1st cup of coffee.....off to read some more post and to learn new things;)

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Juansmom

I think you hit the nail on the head ....for me @ least.Life happens. I look @ the gallery to see pages and I really enjoy looking @ scraprooms but rarely are there new ones posted anymore. I am never disappointed when I do just join in.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Grammy24

I'm mostly a lurker, but I lurk a lot! I do respond to posts if I feel like I have something to contribute that hasn't already been said. I really should participate more often because that's the only way to keep the boards moving!

I think people just are busy - especially this time of year. I used to participate in some of the challenges, but I couldn't keep up. I used to post layouts in the gallery, but find that I don't have time to take the pics, edit them, then upload them. I'd like to participate more, but other things just get in the way!

I think if we all make an effort to be more active, then others will join in. You know, kind of a "if you build it they will come" thing! It's worth a try anyway!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Grammy24

I don't usually chat much but I love the gallery and I love to share my creations. Scrapbook.com pins a LOT of our work onto Pinterest. You would think that might be good to draw newbies to this site. Or they could be thinking; well, I saw it on pinterest, why do I need to go to SB.com to see it again? I guess it could be working both ways.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
  • scrappercaz Said:

Ok...predictable...so what topics would Interest you n encourage you to join the boards??
I feel like, from most of your responses, we are all thinking n feeling the same...life happens n u get pulled away, but "something" else is going on...boredom with the site? I hope not!

Well, I may not be a very typical member perhaps but.....there's 2 elements to it for me; Firstly I went over to digital a few years ago and this site just doesn't seem to be a fan for whatever reason. The shopping was extremely limited (at least it was last time I looked) and the boards were beyond slow because anyone into digi knew which other sites were better for digi-based chat, galleries etc.

Secondly, I love NSBR chat and it seems those threads are pretty slow too. Quite often when I check there there's not a single new thread for days. I know that there are a couple of long-term, well established chat threads though.

Other sites I visit discuss anything and everything from recipes to current world events, sports to kids, family frustrations to pets.

Dissenting opinions about anything here are usually shouted down and met with quick reiterations of 'because nice matters' and of course, it does, but it gets a little dull to be honest There's room for more 'real' discussion but I guess this just isn't the place for it.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

• Quote:

Other sites I visit discuss anything and everything from recipes to current world events, sports to kids, family frustrations to pets.

Dissenting opinions about anything here are usually shouted down and met with quick reiterations of 'because nice matters' and of course, it does, but it gets a little dull to be honest There's room for more 'real' discussion but I guess this just isn't the place for it.

I know what you mean by this. I visit another site to read (sometimes post!) the NSBR board. It's interesting, not always nice, but always something fun to read!

I visit this site (sb.com) when I want "nice." Sometimes that's what I'm looking for - just a simple discussion about scrapbooking!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Mary W.

I am gonna go out on a limb here... no one is coming out and saying this, but I will...Are people NOT participating BC they don't want their ideas or opinions cut down? Is there too much snarkiness? You know, "that topic has already been discussed, look here:" and you feel like wow, I only asked a question...

Because this happened to me a day or two ago, and this is just not nice. I realize that typed words do not convey feeling, but there is no mistaking a cut down when one blatantly occurs. I have no problem when someone states their opinion or professes a preference for one thing or another. But a deliberate put down of your opinion or preference is unnecessary, and I feel like this is a big turn off for people who are new, or lurkers, or shy, or any other thing that is holding them back from participating. The internet is fairly anonymous, but a dig still hurts. I mean, for goodness sake, the Beginning Scrapbookers-Scrappin' 101 subforum states "Sb.com is the most helpful scrapbooking site on the internet and you're sure to find friendly neighbors willing to help you learn". Except we have all seen a post that goes something along the lines of "What adhesive should I use for my boyfriends scrapbook", and SOMEONE or another will snark that they should have done some research, that has been answered before. Friendly my rear end. Some of us take the time to answer over n over, bc we can. and we should. It does not behoove us as WOMEN to cut each other down, especially in a craft that we all enjoy, presumably, sharing with others. We are not in a competition for who has the best adhesive, and lets imagine a world in which NO ONE knows how great brand X is, so no one buys it anymore, and it goes off the market. Then we all lose, again.

ok, now I'm rambling, but in a creative and heartfelt way! I have finally come to the end of my rant, stepping off the soapbox now. Please discuss!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Juansmom

• justartguy007 Said:
Hey ladies this is nice topic to read all your thoughts. I try to come on here when I can. I mostly been looking at the gallery. When some of you leave comments it really nice to know. You guys like my work I'm doing with my photos. I try to get on the forum. But sometimes it can be overwhelming for me. Also, I don't know what to say half the time. So, I just usually read the topics and post that interests me or catch my eye.

Hi Justie~so nice to see a guy here! You do really nice work with your heritage pages. I hope you found the pet papers you asked about a while ago.

I lurked for a long time before posting some and then quit posting for a while again because some of the threads got so ugly. I wouldn't ask a question because I haven't thoroughly searched every thread here for an answer ahead of time. Maybe a few of the folks who have been scrapping for ages have heard every question and know right where the thread with answers is, but it's also okay to just answer the question.

I think some of the tameness maybe came from how nasty some of the threads got and that sometimes folks can't have a disagreement without resorting to name calling or insults. It's easier to stop posting sometimes when it doesn't feel comfortable or safe to state your opinion~even if you're not yelling at someone. Sadly on the thread that I do post on, we've lost people too because things got so uncomfortable. I think you can completely disagree AND have a lively informative discussion AND live through it with no hard feelings.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to gin1902

I must be extremely thick skinned or maybe I haven't been posting on the forum long enough, I've been amazed at how friendly and helpful the posters on this forum have been! I feel like I've made some true friends in just a short time. There was one thread that was started by a person who IMHO was over reacting but there was still a very cordial discussion that followed. I personally don't want conflict or tension on the forum. I get enough of that at work or with family members!

I do want to comment on a semi- related topic. I am not happy at all with this site's shipping prices. Seems they've discontinued the free shipping on orders over $50. I wanted to order an album that was 25% off today but the shipping was literally half as much as the album! I'm just not going to pay that. I think they really need to rethink their shipping cost practices to draw more people to this site. Too many sites offer free shipping for this to be competitive.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-06-13 01:03 PM
In response to dsouza

Diane, I TOTALLY agree with you. Thank you for saying that.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Grammy24

To me it feels like this site has been slow for a long time.....even before the new look...
I have to admit I visit 'another sb forum' and it has new postings every hour! There is always something new to read and chime in on if you want, every single day....
But it also has some certain 'design type scrapbookers' that I notice do posts if they see it getting slow. There are also new videos every week and classes to take so I find it more interesting than here sometimes....
The other thing is that I find there are less squabbles over there. Here sometimes, people get flamed for posting things...threads turn nasty (although, maybe not lately because it's been so slow!). Over there, in the few months that I've been frequenting the boards nothing has turned really nasty.....
Not wanting to offend anyone, that's just how I see it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to dsouza

• dsouza Said:

I do want to comment on a semi- related topic. I am not happy at all with this site's shipping prices. Seems they've discontinued the free shipping on orders over $50. I wanted to order an album that was 25% off today but the shipping was literally half as much as the album! I'm just not going to pay that. I think they really need to rethink their shipping cost practices to draw more people to this site. Too many sites offer free shipping for this to be competitive.

I was going to take advantage of the sale today too and order page protectors. My total was $28.00 and some change, but the shipping was $16 and some change. Nope, not happening here.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I am gonna go out on a limb here... no one is coming out and saying this, but I will...Are people NOT participating BC they don't want their ideas or opinions cut down? Is there too much snarkiness? You know, "that topic has already been discussed, look here:" and you feel like wow, I only asked a question...

Because this happened to me a day or two ago, and this is just not nice. I realize that typed words do not convey feeling, but there is no mistaking a cut down when one blatantly occurs. I have no problem when someone states their opinion or professes a preference for one thing or another. But a deliberate put down of your opinion or preference is unnecessary, and I feel like this is a big turn off for people who are new, or lurkers, or shy, or any other thing that is holding them back from participating. The internet is fairly anonymous, but a dig still hurts. I mean, for goodness sake, the Beginning Scrapbookers-Scrappin' 101 subforum states "Sb.com is the most helpful scrapbooking site on the internet and you're sure to find friendly neighbors willing to help you learn". Except we have all seen a post that goes something along the lines of "What adhesive should I use for my boyfriends scrapbook", and SOMEONE or another will snark that they should have done some research, that has been answered before. Friendly my rear end. Some of us take the time to answer over n over, bc we can. and we should. It does not behoove us as WOMEN to cut each other down, especially in a craft that we all enjoy, presumably, sharing with others. We are not in a competition for who has the best adhesive, and lets imagine a world in which NO ONE knows how great brand X is, so no one buys it anymore, and it goes off the market. Then we all lose, again.

ok, now I'm rambling, but in a creative and heartfelt way! I have finally come to the end of my rant, stepping off the soapbox now. Please discuss!

You know, in any given group there are nicer and not so nice people, those with time for the newcomers, those who are more impatient, those who empathise and those who judge......it's the same the world over and it'll never change.

There will always be newcomers here and there will also be those who forget they were new once and are perhaps a bit jaded but thankfully the majority are kind and will answer a question BUT if anyone gets too upset by something said by a total stranger whose opinion should not affect you in the least, then perhaps the internet isn't the place for them.

We're all big girls and while I don't condone nastiness you should be able to just shrug it off because actually it's meaningless as long as you let it be so.

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426

I really don't post much in the chat rooms because I once criticized a store and had a ton of vitriol thrown at me. It was incredibly disheartening and shocking. It's taken me almost 6 months to return to the chat rooms.

I agree with the poster who said dissent or difference of opinion is not really welcomed on this site.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to joshuaminh426

I think the reason why that thread got nasty was because the criticism was of the religion of the store, rather than its products or customer service or whatever. Naturally the people who shared the store's religion did not take kindly to that, because it feels like a personal attack on them as well. I'm sure - I hope - you didn't mean that, but that was how it came over.

We are all here of different race, religion, colour and politics, and whatever our beliefs are, we need to respect others' beliefs. The one thing we have in common is our craft. If we keep the discussions about our crafts, we keep the peace. Does that make sense?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to RedSquirrel UK

And Chris, maybe your friends will come around once they've got to know the forums a little better. I lurked for a while before I actually joined and then more before I actually posted. Everybody seemed to know each other and I felt excluded and a little intimidated. But once I began posting, almost everybody has been really friendly and kind, and incredibly helpful - and I felt accepted really quickly. I love it here.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Juansmom

I guess I have not been on enough to see this happening.I would no want to ask again if that happened to me.I went to a board many years ago and really enjoyed PC crafters.I was really upset when they went out of business. This was many years ago and I didnot have the skills to save what I had purchased by paying montly dues. I am still not really computer savy but I can muddle thru. So I just left borads until I started lurking here.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Grammy24

My opinion, and only my opinion, there will always be differences of opinions and tastes and styles and whatever. And that's okay, that's what makes the world go 'round. But there are a handful of members here who give the impression that they have made it their personal mission to let anyone and everyone know just how stupid or wrong or clueless that they (the few) think they (everyone else) are. They make it very personal. I don't mind a difference of opinion, as long as it doesn't feel like I'm being attacked for my beliefs, taste, talents, etc.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to chocolateaxel

What I find interesting is that when one person gets nasty and lets 'everyone know how stupid or wrong they think another is'.....no one says anything here....
On the other board that I'm on, it's pretty well known that nastiness is just NOT tolerated and if someone says something that is not polite, others say something...people stand up for each other...

Of course everyone has different opinions, different lives, different countries, different cultures, different norms.....but I firmly believe that you shouldn't say something on here that you wouldn't say to the person face to face.
Just be polite. Voice your opinion, politely.
That doesn't always happen here and it seems like it is tolerated.....

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-06-13 06:18 PM
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, I totally agree with you. There has been a time or two when I really really wish I'd said something, and I'm going to make it a point to in the future.

Btw, it's very good to see you again

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to flintridgescrapper

I am so glad I started this talk...not everyone is going to agree with everything I or anyone else has to say or care about. But the point for me is if you DON'T like a comment...you can ignore it...no need to become nasty in a pleasant helpful place we all enjoy being in. There's no need to cut someone down because they are inexperienced, or scrap upside Down, backwards and with a glue stick (lol you gluestick lovers!). I am not suggesting we can't or shouldn't express our differing opinions...but that we should be, well, kinder about it. Being mean gets you nowhere.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

And I want you to know Darla, Chocolateaxel for those of us on mobile devices with no signatures anymore, I really appreciated your voice...it bolstered me and I knew I wasn't alone in thinking that rudeness was o.k. here. Trust that I am capable of standing up for myself...I did...and I will for someone else too. I am not trying to be "oh poor me"...I am trying to be "I don't want this to happen to anyone". Because I think this problem may be at the heart of our unbusy forum...which is a forum I enjoy.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Juansmom

Well, I agree with Alison and Vae, I have seen rude comments but let them slide by, not wanting to get drawn in to the drama or add to the situation, and that is just as wrong as the person being rude or confrontational. Since I think I have a reputation for being unafraid to voice my own opinion, I need to stop letting things like that slide by. If we don't stick up for each other, this site will become extinct. Murdered by the minority of rudies. And yes, that is now a word, lol!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to gin1902

• Quote:
Hi Justie~so nice to see a guy here! You do really nice work with your heritage pages. I hope you found the pet papers you asked about a while ago.

I lurked for a long time before posting some and then quit posting for a while again because some of the threads got so ugly. I wouldn't ask a question because I haven't thoroughly searched every thread here for an answer ahead of time. Maybe a few of the folks who have been scrapping for ages have heard every question and know right where the thread with answers is, but it's also okay to just answer the question.

I think some of the tameness maybe came from how nasty some of the threads got and that sometimes folks can't have a disagreement without resorting to name calling or insults. It's easier to stop posting sometimes when it doesn't feel comfortable or safe to state your opinion~even if you're not yelling at someone. Sadly on the thread that I do post on, we've lost people too because things got so uncomfortable. I think you can completely disagree AND have a lively informative discussion AND live through it with no hard feelings.

Hey thanks yeah I just got done reading all the comments about this topic. I never understood why some people have to be mean or rude to others. I always like a good debate and differences of opinions. But when you start getting rude and telling others this is not right or that is wrong etc... It can start to make people not want to post anymore. I had this happen to me not on a scrapbook forum. But on IMDB(dot)com where you can talking or state your opinion about a show, movie or actor. I was talking about two characters I liked and where the writers could take them. I got some nasty comments from other viewers of the show. I wanted to say calm down people these are fictional characters they're not real people. It seems to bring out the worst in people. So, I haven't posted on there since September. Just got too much for me and I just look and see what they have to say about this show and just laugh at their comments sometimes. That all you can do.

Edited by justartguy007 on 12-06-13 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to justartguy007

Justie, I haven't been on that site, but it's too bad that you didn't feel like you could post there anymore.

Edited by gin1902 on 12-06-13 08:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to gin1902

It seems I haven't been around enough lately to have seen any of this recent nastiness but it's not new and to some degree, it'll always be there.

As for the religion/store discussion - I missed that too although I can guess what it was about. As an atheist I'm always in the minority on American based boards so it's a good job I don't take everything to heart that I read on that subject

It's great to stand up for each other but in the end - it's a message board. Its typed words from a stranger and ignoring and moving on really are the best means of defense.

debgraf
Tenant
debgraf
In response to Grammy24

I used to stop in and look around but never joined, it has been a very long time since I have been on here and just joined, hoping that I can start swapping here, I was on another site and it has gotten painfully slow, I like the site but if it's so slow I'm not going to beat a dead horse trying to get people to swap and find swaps that I want to do, so maybe I'll see you girls around

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to debgraf

Debgraf...check re swap section here...that seems to have action!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• scrappercaz Said:
It seems I haven't been around enough lately to have seen any of this recent nastiness but it's not new and to some degree, it'll always be there.

It's great to stand up for each other but in the end - it's a message board. Its typed words from a stranger and ignoring and moving on really are the best means of defense.

Well yes you can ignore it and move on....which is what I and a lot of others did and that is why, I believe the board is so slow now....
When people get rude and nasty and everyone ignores it, this ceases to be a fun place to be anymore......

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to debgraf

• debgraf Said:
I used to stop in and look around but never joined, it has been a very long time since I have been on here and just joined, hoping that I can start swapping here, I was on another site and it has gotten painfully slow, I like the site but if it's so slow I'm not going to beat a dead horse trying to get people to swap and find swaps that I want to do, so maybe I'll see you girls around

There is a huge swap section here full of fun swaps and wonderful ladies. Most swaps do require you to have a certain number of posts or have someone put in a good word for you. A lot of the swaps encourage you to join in the conversation so that they can get to know you the first round.
stick around make some posts and you will meet some wonderful ladies to swap with.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
  • scrappercaz Said:

Well yes you can ignore it and move on....which is what I and a lot of others did and that is why, I believe the board is so slow now....
When people get rude and nasty and everyone ignores it, this ceases to be a fun place to be anymore......

Yes, it's a shame that a minority who make themselves feel good by slamming others can have a detrimental effect for the majority, but everyone has a choice - ignore them and stay knowing that most of the members aren't like that, or leave and they win.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to kiyawinn

I agree, Alison. One can ignore and move on, but it's a shame that anyone should have to. Too bad there isn't a way to weed out the rudies so that nobody would have to read the garbage or feel uncomfortable participating in any thread.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Well, I really think the majority rules....
and by that I mean if you stay quiet and just 'ignore or move on' then in effect, you are siding with the rude people....that's how they win.
On another board that I'm part of, it seems like rudeness is just not tolerated. When someone is rude or intolerant, quite a few people say something....the person that is rude gets slammed...they are the one that has to go somewhere else.
I'm sorry but I don't agree that you should just put up with it, ignore it, whatever....that's how bad stuff happens...people just walking by and putting up with it, not saying anything....

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to kiyawinn

Alison I totally agree with you. I think to many people got tired of it and left.

I also want to chime in on telling people that topic was already discussed. Maybe a topic was discussed in the past. That does not mean peoples opinions or knowledge on the subject are the same. I know that as products come and go and as my skills grow or my style changes my opinion changes. What worked before may no longer work for me. products may no longer be sold. companies may have changed the name or come up with a different better product. If we don't keep discussing things how will we know what people have found works and doesn't work.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to kiyawinn

Perhaps those of us who agree should make a pact to not let rudeness slide by. If more people here start speaking out to the rudies, maybe some of the bad behavior will stop. That would be a lovely Christmas present!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to andrea m

I guess after 20 years of real estate and working with clients, some of them extremely rude and dealing with constant confrontation I don't want to deal with confrontation anymore. I'm retired and the confrontational part of my life is behind me.

For that reason I tend to let it slide and move on.

If I ever have to go back to work again I'll toughen up and stand up more but right now it feels good to know don't have to do that. I can just smile and say "screw you" to the computer screen and move on to another thread.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Henri Jean

Sometimes I feel like addressing a rude comment just encourages it and brings it out of others. There are people out there who just like to stir stuff up and it usually does spark a big discussion. Then, there are others who I really don't think mean to be rude. Some may be having a bad day so I give them the benefit of the doubt, especially if they are usually very helpful. There have been a couple of times where I do think things were taken a bit out of context and if you went back and really read it, it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Also, some just have very strong opinions and don't beat around the bush. I'm not saying that there aren't times when people should be called out but I have a hard time knowing when it's really appropriate.

I do get a little bothered when someone is told to research their question. I like hearing new answers and ideas.

As someone else already said, I don't post much because either I don't know what to say, or someone already answered how I would've and I don't see the need to repeat it, or I have no clue lol. Most of the time, I'm just being my shy self.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to AmyWho

I think anybody that has ever had a job working with the general public has encountered rudeness, it's just one of the hazards. And it isn't confined to any specific occupation. That's all the more reason to not tolerate it in our personal lives, especially in an arena where everyone should feel safe from such behavior. This is supposed to be a pleasant site where like minded people can share ideas, hints, talents, etc. Yes, there are some threads that aren't focused on the creative, but even there it should be a civilized exchange of ideas and opinions. Just my two cents, lol!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Even if we don't address the rude comments we can support the person who may be being treated badly. show them that we all don't have a bad attitude. Answer their questions, comment on their post, encourage them in their art. If enough people post positive and ignore the rude. I think the negative might lesson. Just ignoring everything doesn't help. just my opinion.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to andrea m

I agree with Henri and Chocolateaxel.....I do not want mean people around me. I have started coming back to this board a couple of days ago because I remember nice people.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to andrea m

Well said Ames. Sometimes it is difficult to understand if the person is being mean or rude or if the answer is just short and that is how it comes across.

Sometimes you can tell when someone is being rude, but not always. That sometimes bothers me a bit and I have to read it several times and still don't know if the remark is snarky, tongue in cheek or just mean or rude.

I definitely don't like to see new people be given a link or asked why they didn't research since the question has been asked before.

For some people it takes a lot of nerve to just jump in and start posting. That response just shouts, "We don't have time to bother with your stupid questions."

When a newbie does ask a question and someone jumps in with a link or rude remark that its been discussed already I ignore it and just post any information that I may have that might be helpful.

There are a lot of wonderful people here. I can't say that I haven't said something that could be taken as rude. I've tried not to but there are days when I don't feel my best and if I've ever come across as snarky or rude it was not intentional.

Sometimes, when it is not completely clear, it is best to give the benefit of the doubt.

There are several people on these boards that I used to consider rude. I've come to realize it is their personality and I just go with it. Some of them have no idea they are being rude. I've met people in life that way too. They try to be nice but their personality makes things come out rude.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Its good to have you back on the boards Grammy! Welcome back. I sometimes leave for days or weeks at a time because, as they say, life gets in the way.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

Thanks Henri, I really enjoy the forum here when I participate. or even lurk for that matter. LOL

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Grammy24

I think the posting/comments are down because of the subject matter.
I have nothing to offer on a lot of subjects including Cameo, Silhouette, project life.
I am all "blogged" out.
I avoid threads about box stores because I want to support this site.
and I have responded to some many "help me get my mojo back" posts I think I will scream sometimes.

There just aren't a lot of new subjects and it turns into rehashing the old ones.

And I would also agree that site design changes (white) is not as inviting as the old design.

debgraf
Tenant
debgraf
In response to andrea m

I think I'll pop in a little more often read some threads, make a few posts and see if I get comfortable with the site--it always takes me a little while to feel comfortable with something "new" remembering where I need to go and what clicks get me what--we'll see

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to debgraf

Some really nice people here and so many are really willing to answer questions and help. Please stick around and post!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to debgraf

I have found people pleasant and friendly here. I have picked up a lot of good useful information too. Welcome and I am really just a newbie too.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to andrea m

I also want to chime in on telling people that topic was already discussed. Maybe a topic was discussed in the past. That does not mean peoples opinions or knowledge on the subject are the same. I know that as products come and go and as my skills grow or my style changes my opinion changes. What worked before may no longer work for me. products may no longer be sold. companies may have changed the name or come up with a different better product. If we don't keep discussing things how will we know what people have found works and doesn't work.

Right on sister! This is Soooo true...n why it's GOOD to share what we know! And if we don't feel like answering again n again...keep scrolling!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Well, I really think the majority rules....
and by that I mean if you stay quiet and just 'ignore or move on' then in effect, you are siding with the rude people....that's how they win.
On another board that I'm part of, it seems like rudeness is just not tolerated. When someone is rude or intolerant, quite a few people say something....the person that is rude gets slammed...they are the one that has to go somewhere else.
I'm sorry but I don't agree that you should just put up with it, ignore it, whatever....that's how bad stuff happens...people just walking by and putting up with it, not saying anything....

I don't think it's right that people should get away with being rude etc and if this was 'real life' the situation would be very different. For a start they might not be so brave with their words but also you could have a face to face discussion and try to change things - but here? I'm not sure how you confront someone or encourage them to change their ways.

Bearing in mind that this has happened on and off for years and years....maybe not the same characters, but the essence is the same. It comes and goes, people come and go but when it's an anonymous place like this it's hard to effect change. Hence my thoughts that the best course of action is to ignore and move on because if the bully doesn't get a reaction they usually get bored.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to Grammy24

Another thing I notice is many ppl who use to be regulars started doing blogs, and once they got quite the following they just stopped coming here, posting and interacting.

I'm not one for blogs, pintrest or anything other than FB or here. FB I keep in touch with family and old friends, here is for hanging with my fellow cyber scrappers.

Maybe find some technique videos on this site to share with your friends. Actually watching new techniques and being able to save the video to your faves to come back to might be fun.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Lauri D

I'm not a blogger either - just don't have time to follow them. Also don't care for pinterest. Too overwhelming.

Sometimes I feel that threads are started just to get people to various blogs and I ignore those posts. Just not interested.

Facebook, like you, for family and old friends but also new friends we meet while travelling so we can keep up with each other's travel plans. We run into the same people over and over again on trips.

I almost wish they had a heading on scrapbook.com for everything blog related so those that are interested in following blogs or promoting their blogs could go there. I would like that a lot.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-08-13 10:05 PM

ooooh that's a good idea Henri.. .I'd like that too. i pretty much skip anything if it has blog in the subject. I can't keep up with them as much as I wish I could.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

That happens to me sometimes. I think it is much slower due to the holidays. I have not been here for a couple months. I am back now.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Grammy24

Some of the newbies didnt stick around long, others migrated to FB, others use Pinterest, which I love, ppl had job changes and new babies and there are a lot of other forum/chat boards out there that ppl may have migrated to for their daily catch-ups. I'm on here rarely cause there's not much that I want to learn, and all my scrapping friends are in a private forum board so we hang there.

This is a lot like a real life friendship, ppls cirumstances change and sometimes you're not as close as you used to be. You move on to other interests and friends, or eventually you reconnect and get back into it.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to ScrappyMama6

A lot of good points here.

I tend to be more of a "lurker"... I check in a lot, but don't have much to say. Partially because there are many topics that aren't something I have an opinon on, partially because I feel like a "thread killer" (I swear, I am the death of every topic I comment on, LOL), and because of the already mentioned nastiness. Luckily, I don't notice the people who seemed to be the ringleaders of the nastiness much anymore. Perhaps they have moved on.

I do enjoy the forums, and wish they were more active... realizing that as a lurker, I am part of the problem! I had an epic meltdown about a month ago and really wanted to give up scrapbooking entirely, but this site sucks me back in. I can't help it. I guess it's a good thing because I'm slowly getting back to wanting to scrapbook. Hopefully things will pick back up soon.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to *jesse*

jesse glad things are going better and you are starting to get back into things.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to *jesse*

I love it here, and come here for positive energy and encouragement. I stay away from negative people. Everyone here seems to be in a good place due to the wonderful hobby of scrapbooking.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

I don't think we have that many negative people. A few whose writing style can be a little abrupt maybe. And of course, differences of opinion, but that's fine as long as they aren't turned into personal attacks.

There are also people, often newbies, who post asking for help and then never come back to reply or acknowledge those who have gone to a lot of effort for them. That's disheartening even for the most enthusiastic and friendly people.

And yes, lurkers who don't post are indeed part of the problem of slow boards. I'm guilty myself of often having time only to read and run - that's life - we've all done it. I'm going to try to be better.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Jesse - you get that feeling too? I felt like a total thread killer for the longest time.

Teresa - You summed it up well. I miss the venters thread. No ones comes to play anymore.

Rosey - LOVE your avatar. LOL

I'm going to throw something out there...do you think the "rude" people and the people that called them out leaving has actually hurt the boards? I don't know about you, but I loved me some drama. I didn't participate much but it was interesting to watch it unfold. I'm not condoning rudeness/namecalling/nast iness but the forums were pretty active for a long time if there was a heated discussion going on somewhere.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to pugs223

At least I'm not the only one who feels like a thread killer.

I do think that the lack of drama may have hurt the forums a bit. Civilized disagreement is productive, and can lead to interesting conversations. I remember when there were some not-so-nice discussions though, with name calling and whatnot. That is no fun.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to *jesse*

Thanks Peg! It makes me laugh because it is SO not me.

I like civilised discussions like this one. People offering different points of view without getting personal, people respecting other people's opinions, nobody getting defensive or taking offence. But still interesting.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Friend 1 is new to scrapping, I suggested this site so she could learn n get ideas. She told me it wasn't exciting n she found more stuff on Pinterest!! Which is a riot bc EVERYTHING on Pinterest is from SB.com...!

I have not read every posts, but I have felt like your friend at one point. Maybe it's the way I search Pinterest, but it seems the layouts I see on Pinterest are more my style - clean lines, multiple pictures, not too overwhelming with embellishments. It appears that a lot of favorite layouts on sb.com, while very pretty, are not exactly my style. I find the layouts here that get a lot of "favorite" hits are too trendy for me (picture too small, too many embellishments, too much mixed mediums used, etc). I prefer clean and simple with just a bit of embellishment to make things pop. So maybe your friend is experiencing what I went through... just a thought.

That being said, this is still my favorite site for scrapbooking, especially the superstore!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Mama2Thomas

Hope, you 're probably right about the LOs on Pinterest being more her style...that's my style too...I just find it ironic the didn't want to be here...were they all came from!

And Rosey, you hit the nail on the head...civilised (that's in Brit English for you!), lively, and varied!! No one getting upset...but everyone leaving the convo having learned something n feeling good.

I am really relieved n sorta happy that I began this post...so much has been aired out n hung to dry, lurkers n newbies have stepped out if the shadows... and there are soo many new posts to read in the General forum!!! I feel like a lot has happened because of this...:-)!!!!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-10-13 08:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Juansmom

We need a Like button!

Actually I bet that would begin a lively discussion, whether to request one or not!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

There have been some real knock down-drag outs on the boards over the years and they get a lot of hits! A lot of people read them. I've even heard people say, "Be right back - going to get the popcorn" because it does attract watchers and lookers - like a traffic accident does.

Fights on the board do attract "rubberneckers." Its amazing the number of views a heated discussion gets every day.

Someone posted something here about a catfight on another board (don't remember which scrapbook board) and quite a few people responded with, "which thread?"

However, I think it also causes the boards to slow down a bit because some people are afraid to post - what if someone jumps on them too like this? And it could definitely make a newbie afraid to post here or start a new thread.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza

• RedSquirrel Said:
We need a Like button!

Actually I bet that would begin a lively discussion, whether to request one or not!

I've thought the same thing many times!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to dsouza

Well put Teresa.

I used to post a lot on the vent threads. They got shut down pretty frequently because people would get their panties n a bunch and it got ugly quick at that point.

I've moved on to other places. FB, Pinterest, a private forum with other friends. Less moderation and we fight it out like ladies. It's popcorn worthy sometimes too! Lol

Edited by Seaexplore on 12-10-13 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Seaexplore

This seems to have gone full circle...

People aren't posting, because they are busy with other things or sites.

People aren't posting, because they are afraid of meanies.

People aren't posting for fear of being viewed a meanie.

People aren't posting because it's boring and there's no differing opinion or interesting discussion.

Seems you just can't win.

For the record, I do NOT think it's rude to reply "that topic has been discussed at length, here's a link to the thread from yesterday" (with 4 pages of responses).
I think that is much nicer, than ignoring it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

I used to scrap with a whole group of women, and NONE of them were interested in sb.com.

I would tell them about things I'd seen here, or discussions on the forums.

None were very interested in participating. I don't think it had anything to do with sb.com, it just wasn't their thing.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I used to scrap with a whole group of women, and NONE of them were interested in sb.com.

I would tell them about things I'd seen here, or discussions on the forums.

None were very interested in participating. I don't think it had anything to do with sb.com, it just wasn't their thing.

Excellent point. I've advertised this site at retreats and among my friends who scrap and just get strange looks for conversing with random strangers online.

I also agree it isn't rude to link a thread about a topic that was discussed very recently. I remember times of seeing 3 threads of "which adhesive..." on the front page. I admit I did not respond because I didn't want to repeat myself.

Hi Tiff - how are you? How's little one?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• RedSquirrel Said:
I don't think we have that many negative people. A few whose writing style can be a little abrupt maybe. And of course, differences of opinion, but that's fine as long as they aren't turned into personal attacks.

There are also people, often newbies, who post asking for help and then never come back to reply or acknowledge those who have gone to a lot of effort for them. That's disheartening even for the most enthusiastic and friendly people.

And yes, lurkers who don't post are indeed part of the problem of slow boards. I'm guilty myself of often having time only to read and run - that's life - we've all done it. I'm going to try to be better.

THIS. I find myself looking at their post count. If they are active, I will respond if I have time. If it's their first post, I move on. Almost always the topic is on the first page of the forum anyway, so I assume they aren't forum savvy and can't find their way back to the topic they've started.

This place was really hopping when I first joined. I saw a mass exodus when FB became popular. Back then there were also newbies and meanies and people with wadded panties.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

I am fine with people with differing views. I think I learn the most when I disagree with someone. They may not change my mind, but it does make me think. I like FB and Pinterest. I really enjoy other boards too. I think things just kept repeating over and over. I cannot read about adhesive for years. However newbies need a place to discuss it and learn just like I did.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics