Username Post: Frustrated beyond reason when,,,,,        (Topic#1592769)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I misplace my _________________________ ___.

fill in the blank.

I just lost my little green spatula for my Portrait,,,,,I had it yesterday, so it's here SOMEWHERE. But I just ruined a cut trying to get it off the mat WITHOUT it.

I think I'm going to buy myself about 10 of them so I'll always have one.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to CommaHolly

new pretty papers!

I would always put my newer paper in a certain spot. Recently I "reorganized" my paper, sorted it all by category, and now I don't know which category I put my newest paper in! I can picture the paper in my mind, but I have to look through all my paper (and there's a lot of it!) to find one particular piece. Very frustrating!

You could attach a chain to your spatula and attach it to your work space - like the bank does with pens!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Mary W.

I think I need a chain

and yes, losing your pretty papers would be frustrating!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Not crafting related, except for soap-making, but the sodium bicarbonate box. No idea what I've done with it. I know it wouldn't fit in the cupboard where it should have gone, but where did I end up putting it? No clue whatsoever...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to RedSquirrel UK

When I constantly misplace just about everything while making a page! LOL! I swear I am constantly saying "where did I put that ______?! I just had it!"

Sometimes I will find it, especially if it's a sticker, on my clothing later on in the night when I'm not scrapping, sometimes later in the week! And I'll laugh and say, there it is! LOL!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Doreena

My pictures....at my retreat, I had just cropped the photos after deciding how the layout should look, moved them to tape down the BG paper and then couldn't find the pictures. I looked under the paper, under my mat, in the garbage, etc. I even had my table neighbor helping me. I was just about to give up when there, right next to me laid my pics, upside down. They blended in with the table - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Money....oh wait, that doesn't get lost or misplaced, it just gets invested in whatever I am enabled to buy

Expert
In response to pugs223

...my clear plastic centering ruler! I have learned to just keep 2 or 3 on hand for when I really truly can't find it, but since it's clear it's usually just "hidden".

I also lose pictures, but usually it's because they have gotten stuck to the bottom of my trimmer!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to HuskerMom98

My ATG and my 18 inch ruler go missing a lot, don't ask me how.

I also can't find a sticker sheet I bought on clearance a while ago - I have the other stuff I bought on the same shopping trip, but I cannot find those stickers!

My "Scrapbooking Girl" socks are also mysteriously missing, it's not like I have a ton of novelty socks, and here not in my sock drawer, so I'm completely confused.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to aquabunny

My pink flexible 12 inch ruler. It gets coy and goes missing every durn time I'm doing a card - not so much on LOs. I think it just doesn't like doing cards.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to meezerpleaser

Right now I have a whole clear container of stamp blocks missing hunted for over an hour last night and still havent' found it

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

Not scrapbooking related but I have lost my compression stockings - prescription and $70 for the pair! They are on a cruise ship or in a hotel room somewhere - definitely not in our house.

Moving right along - I loose my clear ruler more than anything. And my package of glue dots seems to get lost a lot.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Henri Jean

I lose the dot over my "i"'s that I cut out with my Cricut!!! There's a name for that little dot - is it a tiddle? Anyway, I am forever losing mine!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to dsouza

Tiddle sounds good, whether that's what it's really called or not. I like it.

What don't I lose? Right now I'm looking for a spool of ribbon that I know was just on my table. I figured a break might help me find it.

I can't imagine what I must look (and sound like) every time I craft. Yeah, how do you lose an ATG and a paper trimmer that you just used anyway? I manage to every time.

Oh, and the bright yellow cutterbee scissors. Another yes to the clear ruler. When I lose my MS scoreboard, I'll know I'm in trouble. I keep it leaned up against my table legs so hopefully it won't get buried.

I've even frantically searched for the project I'd been working on because I set it aside for a minute to do another part of it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am so sorry Hon. That would be frustrating. I have lost lots of stuff since we moved last year. I never had that happen before. My old scraproom had a place for everything..I new exactly what I had & where it was. Since My room is smaller. I had to get new cubes here. I do not know where anything is. I am also not remembering lots of stuff that I bought last month or 2 mos or 3 or 6. It is a welcome surprise when I find my new treasures.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to anda11

Lol, I have a place for everything. Getting the things to actually go there is the problem.

Finding stuff you had forgotten about is so fun though!

Btw, just found that ribbon...mom was over and thought she'd help and put it away. Right where it belongs lol. Who would've thought to look there?! Obviously not this girl.

Edited by AmyWho on 12-10-13 01:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to AmyWho

Amy, that sounds just like me....who'd think of looking where it's supposed to go anyway?????

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to flintridgescrapper

My small scissors, ruler and letters for a title. I am always losing something. They are usually buried under something else on my scrap table.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-10-13 02:27 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

I don't lose any particular thing on a regular basis, but inevitably during a big crafting session I'll drop something - a letter, a small embellishment, a little tag - and it will completely disappear. It can even be a bright neon item falling on my neutral, clutter-free floor, and it will still disappear! How does that happen????

BTW - tittle, or simply a superscript dot

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to stick

My clear centering ruler, letters I cut and one disappears, the dot on the I, my ATG, and last but not least, I have lost and never found the cover for my Cutterbee scissors!

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 12-10-13 03:24 PM
In response to idlewoman

i had several paper packs bought on sale and didn't think I'd ever use them, until I started making my own envelopes; now I have a use for them, but can't find them!!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to ckair

Holly, I have TWO of those blessed spatulas.

Do you think I can find either one??

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to stick

Always losing something--pics, paper, embellies, stamps. But I never did find my 6x6 brick masking template. Finally gave up and ordered another one. Guess it ended up with the socks that get lost in the laundry room at the other side of the house.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to ckair

my scotch ATG gun, on the table........

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to ckair

My paper piercer. It's always in the drawer but for some reason it hides and I struggle to find it every time. It's neon green, you'd think it would pop a little.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Doreena

I loose embellishments. I love to play and make my own. As I am working on a page I think about something I made but can't seem to find it.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Grammy24

I lost my corner rounder when I cleaned my space. It was hanging so nicely on a drawer pull and not bothering anything. I went and put it in the 'perfect' spot and now can't find it. After six months of looking, I bought another one. Guessing the first will show up pretty quickly here.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kirasmommy

omgosh, I forgot about STAMPS!

I lost a set of Peachy Keen Face stamps,,,,,,

TWO YEARS AGO.

Can't find them anywhere.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to ckair

the clear stamping block. I have two and constantly lose them both - they are so small relative to everything else. And I use them all the time - as a ruler (because they have lines), for putting together titles from alpha stickers (a must!), for other things.. then there's actually stamping LOL))

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-11-13 08:41 PM

Whatever I need RIGHT at that moment. It doesn't matter what it is... the next thing I need is always hidden. I look and I look... pat pat pat my table down... pick up ALL the papers I'm working with... shake everything out and still can't find it. Then I call my DH into the room. As SOON as he gets there... NEVERMIND! FOUND IT!!!! There have been a few times I couldn't find something and had to get him to help me look for it. And I'll never forget about the time that the sticker I needed was stuck to my hair. Nothing says sexy like stickers in your hair and ink all over your fingers.

Veteran
In response to ckair

A really big binder full of stamps! How do you lose something that big? Of course, the one I want for my Christmas cards is in it. Not scrapping, but I've also lost my MP3 player with our Christmas cantata on it. I've looked all over and can't find it! The cantata is next week and I really need to listen to it a few thousand more times!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Mimiof123

I've had letter stickers stuck to elbows and arms. And others that just vanished and never turned up. They're like socks in the wash, aren't they?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Yeah I found my box of stamp blocks yesterday evening! But, not I can't find my ATG gun I was using it night before last and now I can't find it had to pull out an old tape runner. How do you lose something that big?????

Oh and the spatula drill a hole in it and run some twine through it and tie it to your power cord. That's what I did and it's always there

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Sneezy1956

Some time ago I put away my Martha Stewart screw punch in a safe place -- so safe that I couldn't find it anywhere. Ended up buying another one.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Solitaire

My Cutterbee tweezers! I seriously CANNOT scrap without them, but they are so small that it's easy to bury them! I try really hard to remember to place them back in their little basket, so I can easily find them, but I think there's an elf that comes along when I'm busy working on a page and steals them out of the basket and hides them under the clutter on the desk!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
My Cutterbee tweezers! I seriously CANNOT scrap without them, but they are so small that it's easy to bury them! I try really hard to remember to place them back in their little basket, so I can easily find them, but I think there's an elf that comes along when I'm busy working on a page and steals them out of the basket and hides them under the clutter on the desk!

YES! I swear mine used to bury themselves like a mole. Now I have a hook hanging from the underside of the shelf above my desk, and I hang the slippery little things by their chain between each use. They can't wriggle away then.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

what is it they say?..... of all the things I've ever lost I miss my mind the most!! Ha! Just kidding!

I constantly lose my craft tweezers and I have 3 pairs.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to wilbur

lol,,,you guys are great you make me feel almost normal

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Holly, You normal ????

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Holly, I have TWO of those blessed spatulas.

Do you think I can find either one??

You win hon

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics