Username Post: 2014 Scrapbook Goals        (Topic#1592879)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

1. To catch up pages not finished in 2013

2. To complete pages for photos in 2014

3. To get the last 20 scrapbooks scanned and printed in Shutterfly.

4. To make all our favorite food dishes, photograph them and make a scrapbook of favorite recipes, scan them and then have them printed for family Christmas presents next year. There will be a lot of family photos in the book too!

5. To learn to digi-scrap with Photoshop!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Henri Jean

You are making me tired, Henri Jean!

Expert

1) To get caught back up to where I'm 2-4 months behind real life (or less, then I can work on a Disney album of trips when I was young).

2) Make some fun & cute projects/gifts using the full capabilities of my Cameo.

2.1) Make some fun & cute gifts for my sisters using my Cameo...before the week before Cmas...

3) Stop spending so much money on scrappy supplies...one can only hope!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to HuskerMom98

Really??? I'm not even finished with my 2013 goals and you want me to make a list for 2014. LOL!!!

I would like to:

1. Finish the Gulf Coast Road Trip Album.
2. Finish the Caribbean Cruise Album from 2009.
3. Use up as much SB paper so I don't have to ship it.
4. Start and (hopefully finish) the Caribbean Cruise Album for 2010.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I just added another to my list - I want to learn to digi scrap in 2014 for our trips.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

2014 goals

1. I want to catch up past years - like the last 10years. I have some pages done and some to do so I'll be figuring that out.

2. make my stamp and punches catalog. I have this started and everything is sorted and put in numbered drawers (I bought stamps on clearance today at JoAnns, yea!!!)

3. try not to buy paper - I have tons and love it all!!! I would really like to make a dent in all my supplies.

4. use my cricut more

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to wilbur

Hmmmm...I think I skipped goals for 2013. So for 2014 I'd like to

1) scrap the pictures I currently have printed

2) Print and organize pictures from whatever year I last printed- present

3) actually send the cards I've made and exchanged with my card club

4) Use my stash and buy based on need vs on a whim based on what looks pretty and shiney

And

5) Take a trip to FL to attend sale at Henri's if she decides to go all digi and get rid of her paper supplies

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to pugs223

For 2014:
1. Get remodeling album caught up to where we are right now.
2. Start dad's memory album (I know I won't finish it in 2014).
3. Try to do a little scrapping at least 2 times a week (more if possible).
4. Maybe find some friends to scrap with. Both sister-in-laws always busy, so I would like to meet some scrappy friends to at least meet with 1 time a month.
5. Reorganize our pictures and come up with a better way to store them (the boxes are not working for me).

Edited by lifethroughalens on 12-18-13 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to lifethroughalens

Laughing Peg. Actually I would like to digi scrap my travel stuff but still use paper and adhesive for the grandkids and family stuff.

I seriously need to quit buying so many papers and embellies!

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 12-18-13 05:54 PM

Goals for this year:
1. Get caught up with my daughter's highschool album. She is a sophomore and I have most of her freshmen pictures scrapped.
2. Finish up my oldest daughters softball album, not to far off from this.
3. Get homemade birthday cards to all my sisters (5 of them) on time to them for each of their birthday's!
4. Attend 2 scrapbook weekend retreats with my friend.
5. Decrease the amount of patterned paper i buy!! ((I L-O-V-E patterned paper.)

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ckair

My goals:
1. Finish assorted pages prior to 2013 (there are not a lot of these)
2. Complete 2013 including 2 trips to Cozumel and the holidays.
3. Make a scrapbook of my soon to be grandson who is turning 4 on December 29.
4. Get my soon to be DIL set up i a PL book for the first year of marriage to my son.
5. Finish my Christmas Ornament book.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to ckair

I have to add to mine:
#5. for me in 2014, don't print so many pictures per event. I know vacations and reunions will take lots of pictures but I always overdo the pictures. I already have Thanksgiving 2013 done because I only printed enough pictures for 2 pages -- it's a good feeling!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to wilbur

For me I'm hopping to get two of three heritage albums of both of my paternal grandparents done. I'm just starting to get on to my mother's side of the family heritage album going. I hope to get my animal scrapbook done too.
I'm also thinking of getting another scrapbook album and putting all my family Christmas in that album.

I'm thinking of getting another We R' Memories Album. I like the 3 D rings better then the post bond album. Because they are easier to change around if you need too. I'll be ordering some more of the page protectors.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to justartguy007

I have a very important one to do. It started when Dave was in the hospital & our house started flooding. THankfully we causght it right away. Then a couple months ago Dave started a fire in our bathroom. lol My scraproom is next to the bath. I realized that all of my heritage pics & memorabilia, genealogy stuff, our family pics & memorabilia was next to the bathroom wall so I moved them all to another bedroom for safety. I knew that I would be heartsick if I lost all of them. I am going to start scanning everything including memorabilia & put on a photo site & a cd too. I had been scanning my heritage ones to put on ancestry.com but I have thousands of heritage & thousands of our family too so that is what I am starting as soon as I get done with the end of the year. Good thread hon

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I'm really working on scanning projects too Linda. I have been putting it off but next year it will get done. To many keepsakes and memories that need to be preserved in case of a disaster!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Sorry to add to your list hon. lol

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to anda11

IF and it's a big IF i do any photo projects for 2014 it will be a small one. i have so many projects from this year to finish it's rideiculous.

I'll keep the ink cartidge and phtoto paper companies in business for a while

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to cescrapper

1. Get caught up on current photos (I'm about a year behind)
2. Finish dh's police album
3. Finish ds' Air Force album
4. Get back to doing my childhood photos
5. Start dh's ancestry album
6. Stay caught up on my new grandchild's album. He or she is due in June, so if I stay on top of it, this could be do-able!

I'm not going to make any goals about not purchasing paper or anything because I know that won't happen!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mary W.

You are right Mary - any goals I make restricting my purchasing won't happen. But there are things I really want to get accomplished.

What makes me sad is that if I took the time I spent on the computer and put them into scrapping - everything would be done!

I really need to pick and choose what I do on the computer a little better. I need to quit stopping every 5 minutes to check scrapbook.com because if something is there now - it will still be there in an hour! Easier said than done. Especially when I've posted layouts - can't helping peeking every 5 minutes!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

My goal is to not spend so much money on scrapbook supplies. I really need to work on it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Do you have any projects you would like to see completed in 2014 Donna?

You've done some great historical family pages - are you working on that project still?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to bonprof

I really want to keep my goal of using all the materials I have been blessed with. I am going to say.... a monthly allowance of $20. That will include glue, tape, etc. Hubby will most certainly support this goal. This does NOT include the remodeling of my studio room. I already have saved the money to do that. Get rid of carpet,install laminate, hire a painter, drapes. My hubby said I can do this in honor of my 60th birthday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I am so jealous - I would love to have my own room and be able to decorate it and get rid of the bedroom carpet in it! Afraid that is never going to happen though.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

Hmmm...goals....I've never been a goal setter with much success.

1. I need to print photos from late summer to present,

2. I need to locate a bunch of photos from fall 2010 that apparently never got printed n were thought lost. I think they are in a folder on the laptop.

3. I want to finish 2010, and do 2011 very quickly...

4. Scrap regularly n productively with a friend or two.

5. All my photos from mId-2012 to present need to be sorted n categorized so I can locate an event easily.

Basically continue what I'm doing...n try not to be tempted by a purchase other than adhesives. Well, unless I find some of the CM Border punches I don't have, or some sizzix alpha dies for my Cuttlebug...

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I will finish a scrapbook for my high school where i work. I am having a lot of fun with it!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to bonprof

I have to add to mine:AGAIN

#6. Reduce my scrapbook magazines inventory - I have everyone I ever bought- some are from the 1990's!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

I hope to be able to scrap as much as I did this year. 100 layouts is always my goal. This year I made it to 109. I'm hoping to get a lot of work done in my heritage albums in 2014.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

We will have to keep this going and let each other know when goals have been met!

I started organizing my recipes last night and will print them out. Then I will make them throughout the year and take pictures. By early December I want the scrapbook pages done so I can send it off to Shutterfly for Christmas gifts!

Have scrapbook 7 pages out of the book and stacked up ready to start scanning. Just having trouble getting motivated on that one.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Do I get one???? Tee-hee!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Wow Henri, that's quite a list!
Great idea for the recipes!! I like that you'll photograph and share them too )

my big goal is to learn to use Silhouette (yippe!! I finally got it!) and cut down on punch addiction.

The other goal is to learn to heat emboss.

Finish the vacation book and start and finish smash book for the fashion show I went to (100 pics, it deserves a full size smash book)

Keep up with the challenges I signed up to and only sign up for the ones I can handle LOL))

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Of course Terri! Will be next Christmas but you will get one! Already starting to organize it!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

My goal for 2014 is to use what I have and purchase only what I need. Need to restock my solid cardstock though. I want to have days like today more often. I stayed all day in my scraproom,finished 10 pages on my youngest grandaughter who is 10 months old. I listened to my Christmas CD's. Today was an unusally quiet day with no one to interrupt me. I want to do this at least 3 times a month!! Also want to have my scrappin buddy over at least 1 day a month. I have started making my own embillishments alot more often. I found I can get just what I want; size,shape, and color.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Grammy24

Hubby just put wood floors into my scrap room last week. I packed, tossed, and took out boxes of stuff for four hours. Painted, made new curtains, bought a new rug, and got some new seating. It is cream, red, black, and teal. I love it. It looks so clean. The lighter walls make it look bigger. My only goal is to keep current on vacation albums and slowly catch up to date on the boys' books

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

After moving all of the stuff in that room, it made me really realize that I have enough stuff to do 20 albums and not need a single thing.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to wilbur

I really need to use my cricut more! I would like to start cutting vinyl. AND I have a gypsy that has been used very little! I need to stay caught up on current events and finish catching up my older years before I started scrapping. I need to work on heritage scrapping.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to 950nancy

I am so happy for you! I would love to see pictures of your fresh scrap room. I am moving in February and will have a scraproom of my own. It will be a simple room, but it will be so wonderful to have the space!! I can hardly wait!

New Kid On the Block
In response to bonprof

As far as any kind of scrapbooking there are only 2 things I enjoy making which are mini albums and smashbooks so my goals are to complete a bunch of albums and learn new various techniques such as a mini waterfall card to use in my albums and learn to do a double slider. This new year will be off to a rough start, much rougher than I was expecting as my bf of 4 years whom I also share two baby boys with, broke up with me :'( It's been a few weeks now and I'm completely moved out now. When I have time I still scrapbook, and am mostly over the shock of things now.

-Complete my current themed mini album Magic of Oz than make as many more as I can out of my stock pile of the paper, chipboard pieces and stamps. Make one of these albums a decent sized gatefold. Keep my favorite one, gift and/or sell the others. I have alot to learn about maximizing the space I have on each page by layering, pockets, flips and adding tags and photo mats.

In addition to that print I have a few other prints that are among my absolute favorites so I would like to make those into albums too and since I don't have paper to spare for these I will be keeping them.

A couple examples:
-Happy Haunting G45
-Needle&Threads-Kaise rcraft

And a few more

I'm hoping I have a better year, and can get back on my feet feeling comfortable with my new life as a single mother. Basically learn who I am, because he's been such a huge part of my life for so long and I do still love him so I'm heartbroken right now. I'm hoping to find happiness again.

Happy holidays ladies and best of luck on all your projects

~Shanna

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to bonprof

I would like to finish up all of my 2013 pics, scrap my son's wedding, scrap 2013 Christmas, and then do older pics if I have time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to idlewoman

Shanna - My husband left me heartbroken when my boys were 18 months and 3 1/2 years old. It was difficult but I made a good life for us. My parents were there for me and that was a huge Yamaha and the other starts college in January help. The boys did okay - one is an IT guy for majoring in graphic design. I'm very happily remarried to a man who loves to travel (had no idea I would be off and running like this when I married him 5 years ago.)

Ironically he and I were engaged when we were 19 years old and I broke up with him for 38 years. Several months after breaking up with him I met and married and endured a very difficult marriage for 9 1/2 years. That is behind me and now I'm happy with my "old" boyfriend, now husband.

Trust me - life is full of twists and turns, some not so good and some that are amazing! Hang in there!

I really thought I would have 2013 done by the end of 2013 - finishing Christmas pictures between Christmas and New Years.

Didn't work out that way. Ended up in Hawaii for a month this fall which put me way behind and then last week in San Diego did not help.

SO finishing 2013 and keeping up with 2014, scanning the remaining 20 scrapbooks to have made into hardbound books and getting about 100 recipes pages scrapped and printed - I think I can do it!

Already though I can see I'm starting out behind as we have a vacation from January 4th-April 28th and I'm not going to be able to work on any of my projects.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 12-21-13 05:11 AM

My goal is simple. Just get into it again! After a 3 year hiatus, my girls are finally old enough for me to get ten minutes to myself LOL I want to get my one girls soccer scrapbook done and start on the other. If I can get that far, the Disney pages, we keep going and the pictures are starting to blur together and I need to get them done!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 12-21-13 06:05 AM
In response to poi

1. Finish up 2013 scrapping - I'm WAY behind

2. Work less so I can scrap more. I've been so tired after working I just tend to fall asleep on the couch, so nothing gets done. I'm hoping the changes coming to work will give me more scrap time.

3. Make my son a mini album of his Elf on the Shelf adventures by the end of January.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to J-M

3. Make my son a mini album of his Elf on the Shelf adventures by the end of January.

J-M - That is a good idea to put a time frame on a goal. You have me thinking maybe I need see what I want to accomplish overall from a monthly or even seasonal breakdown. I'm not going to stress out over this but I am a person that needs some boundaries.... thanks and Merry Christmas.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 12-21-13 07:02 AM
In response to wilbur

No problem! Glad it helped

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to poi

The Disney pages will be fun!

I find it helps to organize in stages.

I organize all my pictures and put them in file folders as soon as possible. Then I put the files in a file holder (one of those that goes on top of a desk). If I know what embellies or papers I want to use I add that then too.

When I have a few minutes to scrap, I just grab the front file. The info (dates, places, people, event etc) are on the front of the file so I can just grab one and go.

The file may have enough pictures from one place or even for 1 page, maybe for 10 pages but I can break it down easily once they are sorted.

When we come home from a trip I have had as many as 1800 pictures printed and in 2-3 hours I can easily have them sorted and in the files. Once that is done it is pretty easy to move on and get them done.

I scrap chronologically but if you don't want to do that, you can flip through and see what you want to scrap next - the info is on the front of the file.

It also makes it easier that I travel with my laptop and whether at home after a birthday party or on a cruise ship or in a hotel, I take 15-30 minutes every night and put my pictures on the computer, pick out the best and download to a flash drive every night. When I get home I just take my flash to Walgreens the next day and they are ready.

Also in the same 15-20 minutes I open the file on my desktop labeled "trip journal" - its a WORD file. I take a few minutes and list everything we did that day, funny things said, what I want to remember, transcribe notes I took when listening to tour guides etc and write about that in my trip journal. It's one LONG file (got to 46 pages on a really long trip) and then when I put my pages together I have all the pictures together already, some embellies and papers in the file and I just have to look at the trip journal on my desktop and all my notes are there - just have to edit them and print and my journaling is done.

I hope that helps! Especially with your Disney pictures and future Disney trips!

I have a file on my desktop now of my son, his wife's and their babies last visit to Disneyland, another file with her first haircut at Disney and I think there is another Disney file for them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I've loved following your "Elf on the Shelf" adventures on Facebook Jenn - thanks for all the updates. Adorable pictures.

I like the goals short term too - I also need the boundaries. With a lifetime in the workforce and being used to having boundaries I need them. That is how my brain works.

I know that by the end of December I want my scrapbook 7 - The Italy part of our trip around the world in 2009 scanned. Its been scrapped since 2009 but its the next book to scan and its 92 pages!

When we get back from vacation in May I'll put some goals on when I want to be finished with 2013. Its hard for me because we have a trip planned to go to New York for license plate convention in June and may take off for time in Canada from there or even another Canadian cruise. I also want to spend time in Boston and Washington this summer so I don't know when I will be home to scrap! I have to have goals!

PLY22
PLY22 
Tenant
PLY22
  • PLY22 on 12-21-13 10:27 AM

I love the idea of scrapbook goal setting but tend to fall of that bandwagon early. In 2014 I would love to stay focused and accomplish the following:

1. DD complete 2007-2010
2. DS complete 2007-2010. I am a chrono scrapbooker and just can't get past that things have to be in order. Just the way my brain works I guess.
3. Finish road trip 2010 that included a week at Disney.
4. Have both kids school albums up to date.
5. Complete mini baby albums I started for both kids a few years ago. Have everything just not that pleased with how they are coming out so I stopped
5. Going to try project life in 2014 & carry it out until the end. I have purchased enough supplies for sure!
6. Would love to do a simple career/military album for my brother-this may not happen in 2014 but will eventually.

Writing it all down helps for sure. Now to stay on track!
Great thread! Glad I could participate. Good luck to all with their goals!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PLY22

Good luck Ply22 - sounds like you are focused on what you want to accomplish.

I am the same way - have to scrap in chrono order. If I don't, I'll do the fun ones first and never get to the more difficult or not as exciting ones, but in the general scheme of things, I want to remember the "not-so-fun-to-scrap" places and events too.

But a lot of people scrap whatever they are in the mood to scrap and I certainly can see that too, it just isn't me.

PLY22
PLY22 
Tenant
PLY22
  • PLY22 on 12-21-13 03:11 PM

Thanks Henri Jean. I know I won't go back and scrap the older stuff if I only scrap current events. I sure hope to stay focused but am easily distracted! I am shooting for at least 1 scrapbooking weekend in 2014 even though I have a craft room at home I tend to get more done while away.
I will need to keep referring back to my goal list to give my self a swift kick every now and then!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

Hope it gets better! One day at a time...

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain

My goal is to scrap and make cards as often as I can

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to dorichatelain

2013 Goals - in the next couple of days I have to finish 2013. I just finished the cruise pics (August).

2014 Goals...
1. Use my cricut more.
2. Use my stash and set a monthly budget.
3. Participate in more crops.
4. Send more cards instead of keeping them for myself

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Cracrop

I have a new goal to add since hubby gave me my Christmas present early so I could pick it out when we were shopping for everyone else. He bought me a beautiful shelf for my scrap room. So goal #6 is to go through my stash and organize everything and pick the pretties to be displayed.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

I love to organize Peg so I'm jealous! Pictures!!!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I don't hate organizing but I don't love love it. However, I keep telling myself it will be good to go through everything to see what I have again.

cshortel
Guru
cshortel

(1) Make album from my parents' 50th Anniversary Party

(2) Finish my recipe album and make 1 for both daughters

(3) Yellowstone book for hubby

(4) Mom's Family Heritage Album

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to cshortel

Very neat goals! I loved doing my Yellowstone pages! So many really cool animal pictures. I really want to see yours when you are through! And I'm just starting my recipe cookbook although I will just make one book and then have Shutterfly make about 8 or 9 copies.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

My new goal is to set up my new scrap room (as of 2/1/14). Yeah, so excited.

Henri, it feels like just you and i on the boards lately! Everyone is busy with the holiday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I know - just not many here. Guess everyone is busy with holidays. The holdiays kind of ran over me - Just haven't done much for them this year. Actually I haven't done anything for them and I've never been like this before. I don't even have any idea what we are doing for dinner tonight or tomorrow. Guess Bill will find something in the freezer to throw on the grill - need to get it as empty as possibly before we leave on vacation.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

My main scrapbooking goal for 2014 is to create pages with multiple photos so I end up with more photos scrapped, but a minimal number of layouts. I want a combination of scrapbook/project life albums.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Crafting Marfa

I like to use a lot of pictures on a page but I also like to throw in a fair amount of 5 x 7's and 8 x 10's for special photos so they stand out.

I need to do less pages too and eliminate so many similar pictures. How many do I need of my granddaughters opening Christmas presents unless they are really different pictures?

I am scanning earlier books and there are sometimes 6 or more picture of the very same buildings in Europe taken from the right front corner, the left front corner, the front center and two other places in front so the pictures are just slightly different. I could have just used one photo!

I still want to scrap all our events and trips in detail but I need to do fewer pages by eliminating pictures that are really similar.

My husband looked at a page I had done and asked me, "Why did you put that picture on there twice?"

I told him I only printed each picture once and then used them all. When I looked, not only had I used two identical pictures (guess the photolab printed it twice), one was right above the other!

Inside European cathedrals I scrap the alter up close, the alter from far away, every statue, every monument - I need to learn to pare it down to just a few from each church - not 20 from each church.

Okay, the Vatican was an exception! it was worth a lot of pictures and pages.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

1. Complete layouts from 2013 pictures-back to school, soccer, "all about me/you should know" layout of my dh to put in both my boys albums.
2. Upload, print, and scrap 2013 Christmas.
3. Take lots of pics of an upcoming Boston Celtics game we are going to and scrap them!
4. Get ready for new adventures in 2014 to scrap!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Vintageivy

have fun!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to cescrapper

Late, late Christmas Eve I decided to make room on my point n shoot camera for the next days events...and found 600+ pics that haven't been printed yet!!! Ay yi yi! Add that to my to do lIst!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to OlesyaK.

my goal this year

1. to have a scrapbook room when we get a house
2. is lean how to take great pic
3. learn new tec

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

It is great to read everyones goals. I think it would be great if we kept the progress of these goals in this thread. We can remind each other.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to anda11

I need to try out the many stamps I have that I have never used.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
I need to try out the many stamps I have that I have never used.

oh well...I sure can't do that... it is hundreds..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Is anyone doing anything to get ready to accomplish their 2014 scrap goals?

One of mine was to scrap about 100 favorite recipes and get them printed. I've started typing them out and putting them in a file. I have at least 6 or 7 school-type 3-ring binders completely full of recipes. I started typing in the recipes, scanning in the photos and throwing away the paper copy of the recipes that I've been collecting since 1970. Probably thousands to go through but will settle down to 100-200. A few I haven't tried yet but will and the rest are family favorites. I determined to meet this goal by the end of the year.

Over half finished scanned scrapbook 7 (90 pages in that one) and will have it ready to order the book before we leave January 3rd.

Only 19 more books to go! I've also been scanning new layouts when I come home from crops so they are ready for the printer so when I get to book 26 - the photos are already scanned and future books will be easy.

So I'm getting my goals under way for 2014. We are leaving on a 4 month vacation on January 3rd so I will loose a lot of time as well as make a lot more scrapbooking to be done!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

one of my other goals is to try to do some more scrapbook and make cards and hope to meet some scrapbook lady out here.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to southern lady

NOVEMBER 1, 2014....How are we doing with our goals, ladies n gents???? Time to review n take stock!!! I thought a wake up call was in order for myself...hope it helps you too!!

Expert

I was just thinking of this post last week...mostly because it's now November & I'm still working on #2.1!!! Otherwise I've done pretty good this year; I'm just barely 4 months behind now (and September & October were fairly slow months picture-wise so that makes me feel good), I've done a lot more this year with my Cameo...and I did pretty good with #3 for awhile...in between the time Archivers closed and I started finding deals online and getting to my LSS more!!! But not so good the last couple of months...but I love my new Cut'n Boss!
  • HuskerMom98 Said:
1) To get caught back up to where I'm 2-4 months behind real life (or less, then I can work on a Disney album of trips when I was young).

2) Make some fun & cute projects/gifts using the full capabilities of my Cameo.

2.1) Make some fun & cute gifts for my sisters using my Cameo...before the week before Cmas...

3) Stop spending so much money on scrappy supplies...one can only hope!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I had forgotten about this thread. Thanks for digging it up Chris!

Here is a copy paste of my goals and under each one I'll update what I actually happened.

1. To catch up pages not finished in 2013
***11/1/14 - I still have a lot to finish for 2013 - could happen if we stay home so I can do it. That is what I can't control. I hope to have most of 2013 finished this year but all is doubtful.

2. To complete pages for photos in 2014
***11/1/14 - Well, the 2014 is sorted and in files and ready to do. I wasn't home as much as I thought I would be and that really put me behind but 2015 will roll around with 2014 photos still in a stack.

3. To get the last 20 scrapbooks scanned and printed in Shutterfly.
***11-1-14 - Got 24 books complete - 8 are on the bookshelves and the last 19 are ordered. What used to take up 8 shelves plus stacks on the floor - now takes up one shelf. Books have gone from 3" each to 1/2-3/4" each. All my chronological memories are in easy-to-handle books and I still have traditional scrapbooks with all my favorites in them only those books are now by themes - one for each granddaughter, one for each holiday, one for my side of the family, one for Bill's, 3 post bound of Hawaii, even a book of favorite animal layouts and one of favorite flower layouts.

4. To make all our favorite food dishes, photograph them and make a scrapbook of favorite recipes, scan them and then have them printed for family Christmas presents next year. There will be a lot of family photos in the book too!
***11-1-14 - This is in progress. Because I've been gone so much I haven't been able to prepare all the recipes but I'm really taking my time and doing each page the way I want it. It will be ready for Christmas 2015 I think. But it is going well.

5. To learn to digi-scrap with Photoshop!
***11-1-14 Hired a private tutor but I'm so confused! Just not ready to make pages yet but plan to enroll this week on some online classes. My instructor was awesome but went a mile-a-minute and I had a lot of trouble understanding. I will use a project-life style template for layouts with tons of photos. Plan to make a couple nice pages and then follow with pages of photos to save on time and supplies! I am close to being able to start doing digit although I will never give up traditional scrapbooking.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Hmmm...goals....I've never been a goal setter with much success.

1. I need to print photos from late summer to present,

2. I need to locate a bunch of photos from fall 2010 that apparently never got printed n were thought lost. I think they are in a folder on the laptop.

3. I want to finish 2010, and do 2011 very quickly...

4. Scrap regularly n productively with a friend or two.

5. All my photos from mId-2012 to present need to be sorted n categorized so I can locate an event easily.

Basically continue what I'm doing...n try not to be tempted by a purchase other than adhesives. Well, unless I find some of the CM Border punches I don't have, or some sizzix alpha dies for my Cuttlebug...

Well...let's see...1. I printed out the backlog of photos but now have half of summer 2014 n fall to print.

2. I found the lost photos...but did nothing with them yet. I did buy a new flash drive to put them on to bring to Sam's Club to print.

3. Well, chronologically I did thru Christmas 2010, but for the first time ever I scrapped Willy nilly...a little this year, a little last year...totally out of order. Mostly because of challenges...some challenges called for photos that were not next in line chronologically.

4. Because of the challenges I've been able to produce layouts regularly...yay!!...but not with any friends. Boo.

5. Done n ready to scrap. Whoop whoop!

The rest is an epic fail...forgive me father for I have shopped. Sorry...I was sad this year and took it out in patterned paper. Lot's of it. And creative memories punches. And embellishments. Lots of them. Whoops...

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Juansmom

I did not write down any specific goals but I knew what I wanted to accomplish in 2014.

My YEARS work from October to May because we own a summer business.

I mostly scrap in the 4 winter months I spend in Florida.

I really wanted to spend less and use what I own......I think I did do that mostly. I still spend quite a lot but not as much as before. I get really happy when I use something I bought but never used. I love the feeling of " I am so glad I did not waste my $ on this....it's getting used"

I wanted to finish my 2012 book before I left fir Florida in December.......well, I am 6 one page layouts away.

I wanted to finish my 2011 book because I lost interest. Still haven't done that even though there is only a handful of layouts left...... I will try to finish it this month.

I am adding a goal TODAY......I want to make a 8x8 for my niece of her graduation to give to her as a graduation gift......I AM GOING TO GET IT DONE.......

Thanks for the wake up call.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to PhotobearSam

I did not go back to see if I stated my goals for 2014 in 2013 but it doesn't matter because I have surpassed my goal for 2014 and still working on more. Which brings me to pondering what I am going to set as a goal for 2015. Fortunately I have a few weeks to figure out what I would like to accomplish other than just scrapping X amount of pages.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sewflake

I have ideas for goals in 2015 but with 2 months left in 2014 I want to see what I get done in those 2 months then reassess what I want to accomplish next year.

I am sure I could have met my goals (would have is a different story) if we hadn't taken 3 more cruises than we had planned. It was not my intention to vacation for 8 months with almost 7 months on cruise ships. That seriously cut into scrap time and had a major impact on me reaching my goals.

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond

I agree with you Henri, I am excited to make goals for next year, but I think there is a chance I could make a big impact on this year's goals befor the year is over.

I just found out that I actually have one more week's vaccation time this year and another week's worth of sick days!!! Guess how I will be spending those days!!! haha Minus a few of those days will be holiday prep and [hopefully only] one day will go toward my birthday----I have decided to finish decorating my scraproom!!!! Yay! I can't wait! Other than that I will be scrappin.

I don't think I will be caught up by the end of the year, but with a clean and decorated room, a list of future projects, and a plan I think I will be ready for next year!

Edited by notanavgblond on 11-05-14 11:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to notanavgblond

Im glad i remembered this post...i really want to accomplish the undone things on my list. Of course I wont get thru 2011 scrapping,,,but I cant complain...
I've scrapped 100 or so pages already this year!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was doing some of these heritage ones that I had in my genealogy email. I added them to my ancestry.com tree. I also identified them too. last week. I have lots more to do from my real pics here. I also added some of my heritage layouts on the person that it pertained to on my ancestry .com tree too.:)
this made me great to get that many done.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Your heritage pages are beautiful LInda!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics