Username Post: What new product tops your 2013 list        (Topic#1592925)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I discovered the enamel dots! They look so much like brads on the page and so much easier to use! And no bulk from the prongs on the back!

I know there are times I will still use brads, like for the center of flowers but I'm am just loving the enamel dots. They are great for accents everywhere! Must go to the superstore and find more colors!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Henri Jean

I have not used those, but I use a lot of rhinestone really just bling.

Edited by Grammy24 on 12-21-13 01:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Grammy24

When you mentioned the enamel dots I had to check them out! Oh I like them they'll make great embellies and flower centers! Thanks for recommending them!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to AuntyT

I've been taking college classes, so I haven't really had time to keep up on the new stuff! I'll definitely be following this thread to find out what is new! Hoping to get a lot of scrapping done during my holiday break!

I had to look up the enamel dots. I have a pkg of those!! I think they're really cool, but I have "A" (as in only one, a single pkg) and I keep thinking I might "need them for something better later." Maybe I should order another pkg or 12!!

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to justowen

resin flowers !!!! love these on my pages!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to danielle1975

Use the dots - they are showing up everywhere - on line, in the stores - and several companies are making them.

I am like you with papers I love - just don't want to use them because I won't find the same papers again once they discontinue them. And then I might find a better layout and I won't have the paper anymore! Paper patterns just discontinue so fast.

But the enamel dots - I don't expect them to be discontinued any time soon.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

I have never gotten in the copic markers. I am so envious of things I see that are colored with them. But I am afraid That would be a waste of money for me. I just need to use what I am fortunate enough to have.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

I had to have some copics and I think fear ran high for me. I was not good with crayons with a child and sure I wouldn't be much better coloring with copics. Just never even opened them.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

I've seen those enamel dots, need some!! Want some.

Copics, would love to have some, but they are so expensive, then I'd need stamps, and it grows and grows. I'd need ten shades of each color, sigh.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to rockmom

I don't know how new they are but my favorite new toys were banner punches. I collected quite a few this year and I love them!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to olleharr

Cool, Lisa. BTW, I love your LOS. So cute.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to rockmom

I don't have any banner punches and need to get some. I love the way they look on layouts!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Definitely my Cameo, it arrived about a week and a half ago and I've been having a great time with it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to aquabunny

Banner punches?? I am sure I need those!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Oh, and AB, I am glad you are enjoying your new machine!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I never got any copics yet so they would be my new product that I would want to get.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to anda11

Liquid Pearls! I love that product. I don't think that I'll ever buy a flat back pearl again.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Crafting Marfa

oh yea, enamel dots are the perfect bling substitute for boy pages!! they are soo perfect! I bought about 10 different packs at the superstore and love them!

I want to get some inka gold and play with that a little - it's another new trend that is not really catching, the waxes add a nice gleam and shine but they are way messy.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to OlesyaK.

Off to check out banner punches!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

I found these! Are there other banner shapes you can get besides the triangle?

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to justowen

I have these on my wishlist

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ScrapAddict21

Watercoloured/faded/muted colours (in papers etc.),
gold embellishments (especially seen a lot around this Christmas...I think it will continue),
enamel dots,
wood veneers,
shaped paper clips,
3x4 cards.....

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to ScrapAddict21

• ScrapAddict21 Said:
I have these on my wishlist

Love that 2pt flag! That would be hard for me to do by hand...especially if I wanted a lot of them!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Watercoloured/faded/muted colours (in papers etc.),
gold embellishments (especially seen a lot around this Christmas...I think it will continue),
enamel dots,
wood veneers,
shaped paper clips,
3x4 cards.....

What are 3x4 cards? Also, the shaped paper clips?

I've been using a lot of watercolor looking pps lately, too! Mine aren't new, though...had them in the stash forever, but now I'm going to have to see what's new.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:

shaped paper clips,
3x4 cards.....

What are 3x4 cards? Also, the shaped paper clips?

3x4 cards are cards that are 3 inches by 4 inches, largely designed for use in Project Life albums but, in general, usable on any type of page.

Shaped paper clips are paper clips, sometimes colors, that are designed in shapes other than the standard office-style paper clip shapes, or metal shapes with a curve cut out so they slide over the edge of a piece of paper, like the ones I've linked to below.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to aquabunny

Not a "new" product, but new to me for 2014 will be a Cameo...it was on my list for 2013, but alas is not in the budget! Aquabunny, I am jealous of your new toy!! Enjoy playing with it! In the meantime i will just download the weekly freebie images...

I want to experiment with some new adhesives, believe it or not!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

That sounds like a good idea Chris. I would love to have a Cameo although I am holding off because I've just started really using my Cricut although I like the clean detailed cuts on the Cameo better.

I also don't have a place to put two machines but I'm thinking of possibilities!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

by the way Henri, did you see those enamel dots shaped in different shapes?? terrific! those are absolutely on my list to look out for)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Uh oh - I'm in trouble now! Was bad enough when they were just round! I love those things!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to justowen

I am going to have to find those enamel dots. I have glimmer mist and embossing powders that I loved when I got them but never use them now. The glimmer mist is too much trouble to get to work and I forget about the embossing powders.

Once, I made a list of all that kind of stuff and different techniques and then I made myself use one as I scrapped. I marked it off the list and then went to the next one. It helped me be more creative and my pages look different. Maybe I should do that again!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to idlewoman

Tons of enamel dots in the superstore here. I just stick them everywhere!

scrapperb2
Mayor
scrapperb2
In response to justowen

I think the Martha Stewart score board. I love the versatile this is especially envelopes

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to scrapperb2

GREAT! Now I need enamel dots.

I do love my Cameo and this year I am really going to learn it well.

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 01-07-14 04:50 PM
In response to Manda_K

Guess I am not the only one=my collection of enamel dots is growing!! Archiver's will be gone soon so i will be watching for free shipping days and stocking up on those enamel dots!!

Probably should "learn" how to use those enamel dots before my collections gets too out of hand!!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to ckair

Hexagon punches!

cinderella4282
Guru
cinderella4282
In response to Solitaire

I am coveting a banner punch now and enamel dots.....

I want stamps.....love them. Especially the prima dolls and the background stamps that you can layer and use side by side to make a small or large background. And paper, can never have enough of it!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to cinderella4282

I am so happy with the punch board that makes envelopes. I think it my my favorite new tool from 2013.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics