Page 1 of 38 
Username Post: Jan.~March secret sisters new round (closed for this round)        (Topic#1592947)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. In order to join this swap, you must have 1000 posts or be a sister with us already in good standing, or have another swap member that will vouch for you. If you don't have these things, contact me and I will decide. I want new people to sign up and have fun in the swap, but since this is a 25.00 minimum each month for three months, I have to make sure everyone who participates will complete the swap! Thank you for understanding!

2. This swap will officially begin on jan. 2, 2014

3. When sign-ups are closed (Jan. 2) I will send each participant the name and information of your LITTLE sister sometime on Jan. 2

4. This swap has a MINIMUM of $25.00 each month. You are required to spend at least that amount EACH month on your swap partner for three months NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING COSTS! Please remember BEFORE joining that this swap requires THREE boxes to be shipped out to your one partner (one a month). If you are planning on sending out one big box in replace of two boxes (combining the 25.00 to make up a 50.00 box) you have to get your little sister's okay for that and the shipping costs you save should be passed on to your little sister. If you send on free shipping day, your shipping costs that you would have spent should be added into the gift. I want everyone to feel spoiled and to get the same amount that they are sending out...just to keep it fair and fun for all!

IMPORTANT: You MUST check into this thread AT LEAST once a week as your real self and once a week as your alternate secret sister ID. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you. I want all of us to have a wonderful time this round. Remember that everyone enjoys feeling spoiled and having someone in the swap make them feel special by leaving notes.

Never hesitate to pm me if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS.

MAILING Deadlines Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: January 15, February 15 and March 15. The reveal date is the 15th so you can reveal on here or in your last box. I will wait till the end of the month to post list to give people 15 days for box to arrive. Each package will always contain scrapbooking goodies but can also include other goodies as well!

To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Email address
Phone number
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (as an addition/alternative to things your wishlist which you will keep updated).
Any other scrapping sites that you would love to get items from? If so, do you have a wish list there?
What would you love to get that is NOT scrapbook related?
Are you willing to send to an international sister?

Thanks for looking at the swap and can't wait to get started!

1. Sharon Elise
2. Kimberly
3. Janie
4. Andrea
5. Amy
6. Crystal
7. Shana
8. Deanna
9. Jennifer
10. Tonya
11. Tina M.
12. Tina N.
13. Rachel
14. Imelda
15. Sixta
16. Tres
17. Suzette
18. Pink #2
19. Rosita

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to thinkpink22

Oh look im first pink i am in

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to babigirl

Sign me up

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Charisma3103

I am in.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to andrea m

This could be fun. I would like to join, please.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-24-13 09:36 AM
In response to crafty mom of 5

I'm going to follow along this round. Pink let me know if you really need me to round out a pair. Going to be busy with my class.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to vawm

I plan to hang out with you all again this round.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to scrapbrarian

Sent in my survey Sweet Pink

Merry Christmas ladies

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Jci ladies

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

Hi ladies. I an still deciding if I will join or just follow along.

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to tinadn

Thank you for letting me join!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to crystalmorse

It will be fun to have some new ladies chatting along.

all you undecided ladies should join us this round. you know you want to.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to andrea m

I am in again of course!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Drayia

Thanks for allowing me to join! I think this should be lots of fun!

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

Count me in on this round. Kimberly I will get my survey to you in couple of days. Welcome to the sisters who are new!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to dniemeier

I will re join this round

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to mommie75

Bump

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Hi Crystal and Amy. It's nice to see new faces. I haven't joined in awhile, but I'm an old timer and I just come by to chat. In fact, I think I'm the only original left.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Deb-doodle

This round will be a year I have been doing this swap. wow what fun it has been to swap and get to know everyone.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to andrea m

I will join and send in the survey shortly.... I have plenty of time to shop and get on here to chat with ladies while doing school work..harder to do those handmade swaps that require a lot of time...lol.
I have been around for ages and a lot of these ladies on this thread can vouch that I am a good swapper and hostess.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to TJCraftyWitch

dh and I took the kids to see the hobbit today. we all enjoyed it.

Dh finished my new craft table and installed my wall outlets for all my tools. my ink shelf should be here this week. Hopefully I will get the rest of my cupboards when we do our taxes. I am thrilled with how it is turning out.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-27-13 10:02 PM
In response to andrea m

We saw the Hobbit today as well, Andrea! One year til we find out the rest of the story!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to vawm

Hello ladies! I can't wait to get my sister so that I can start shopping! I'm super excited about this swap!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hi ladies, we seen it the weekend that it came out...loved the movie.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Happy Saturday ladies enjoy your day

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

ok I think I'll jump back in on this one!

I seriously need to update my wish list though - it's been so long, half the items are discontinued! lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Tina scraps

count me in too

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

So TJCraftywitch, do you go by TJ? It's nice to meet you.

So today is my Christmas celebration. I made the lasagna last night and the cake. Now I have to get busy and put the house in order. Everyone will start showing up at noon. So I'll see you ladies later.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Welcome to the new sisters. I have been in this swap for a few years now. I sometimes sit out and just pop in to talk. We have a great group of ladies here

We celebrate with my oldest son, dil and grandbaby tonight, then hubbies side of the family tomorrow. Not looking forward to the drive but it's been over a month since we've seen Oliver

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Enjoy your day Deb!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to tinadn

Good morning everyone.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Welcome to all the new girls! I'm excited you joined in!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I'm so excited to see everyone jumping in the new round!!! It's going to be a great group I'm sure!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Hi Tonya, so glad you could join us!! TJCraftywitch's name is Tonya and we have swapped together for a lot of years

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Drayia

Since there are some new girls (and I've been semi out of touch), here are a few getting-to-know-you questions:

Married/coupled/single? Married to Jason, as of May 2013! Some other day I'll tell the long boring story of how I didn't want to get married AT ALL until the last couple of years and then I proposed to him. Oh wait, I just told it! lol

Have children/want children/no children No children, by choice. Still haven't changed my mind about that, as much as Kimberly keeps trying to talk me into taking one of her kids off her hands

Pets? Jason has a green Amazon parrot named Kiwi, who treats me like the other woman. She's a rather fickle beast.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I've only barely started our wedding album. I have a few pages in progress but none actually finished. Most recently I was working on Christmas and Hanukkah cards.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? I like both, it just kind of depends on what mood I'm in or what project I'm working on. I really wish scrapbook.com would allow you to "rank" items on your wishlist, so you could mark your real favorites.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I like misting/painting/stencili ng looks, but I rarely think to actually use those techniques myself, and/or don't feel like I can pull it off when I do try it. Think of Anna Dobrowska aka Finnabair's stuff. In fact, I'm very excited to be going to a class she's teaching in January!

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I'm not a very frilly person, and tend to be more into metal, chipboard, buttons and the like, though in the last couple years, I have been using more flowers, though in small doses.

Edited by Tina scraps on 12-28-13 12:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse

Married/coupled/single? Married to Philip. We just got married in October of this year. And guess what, I didn't want to get married AT ALL either!

Have children/want children/no children I have none of my own. He came with two little girls: Zoe 6 and Trista 9. Their mother is not in the picture and since I have been around so long I am mom. I am a stay at home mom and they are a complete handful. But I love them dearly. They are what I scrap. I make duplicate albums for the two of them (since little girls fight over everything).

Pets? Two kitties. Monkey is about 3 and October is 3 months old. I love them because they are independent and only want my attention for short periods of time.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I am somewhat new to swapping. Started over the summer. But now I am addicted! Waiting on a wedding swap to start my wedding album. Currently I am getting ideas for my valentines day cards.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? I like related packages. I am not a big "stash" person so I like to use stuff up quite quickly. But honestly it doesn't really matter. The only thing I really care about is if I have 2 as a qty I need those 2 for both of the girls albums.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I am new to misting and masks. Loving stamping. I am a psycho for stickles! No really!! And I just got a big shot for Christmas.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? Buttons, buttons and more buttons. Oh and stickles! And buttons!!

Edited by crystalmorse on 12-28-13 12:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Deb I go by Tonya, "T", and TJ.

I made lasagna for dinner on Xmas and mom made pineapple upside down cake...yummy.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Married/coupled/single? Coupled with David for almost a year now and it seems like we have been together for years. We will get married down the road, but no rush on it. I still have to get my divorce from my ex...we are getting a disillusionment this spring. We are still friends and get along fine.

Have children/want children/no children: I have 5 kids, and David has two kids.
Mine: Nikki 25yrs old, Courtney 20 yrs old, Quintin turning 19 on Jan 10th, Seth turning 18 on the 28th of Feb, Nicholis 16 yrs old.
I also have two grand kids: Sareal 8 almost 9 from Nikki and Adrian almost 2 from Courtney.

David's kids: 4yrs old Dorian and 8 yrs old Donovan/Donnie.

Pets? I have two dogs that I left with ex, Bella and Nittany..both females and Bella is the black lab and Nittany the huge over grown mutt...love them both and miss them.
Chino the Chiahuhua/Corgie mix is a boy....we had him with me for years, but oldest daughter took him with her kittie when she moved into her home that allowed pets. (he was my daughter Courtney's dog)
We had a kitty named Peekie that was my oldest daughters, she had him for 5 yrs and he passed away on the 8th of December. So I have plenty of pictures to scrap of him.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days?
Working on swap items, but getting ready to work on jewelry items, and mixed media canvases, and then my own family albums that I have to start and work on.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I like the eclectic look and steampunk style...fits me best. I like to distress stuff and ink edges. I don't like it looking brand new all the time..but there are times I do, but rare.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? Inks, stamps, metal embellishments, ribbon, flowers, buttons, canvases, found objects, paint, bling.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Married/coupled/single? Married to Daniel for 22 1/2 years

Have children/want children/- I do have a couple children...seven actually ranging in age from almost 21 down to two five year olds that are not twins

Pets? I have a little teacup poodle named Capri

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? Kids albums, canvases, art projects, and just whatever seems to be calling to me.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match-I actually prefer a mix of stuff!

What are some of your favorite techniques? I like trying everything! I distress a lot, I love so much, it's hard to pin point

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? II love flair, and washi tape and a little bit of everything! .I go through different phases but I like pretty much everything!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Great questions Tina!!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Married/coupled/single? I am married but we are separated and I am single not currently in a relationship with anyone.

Have children/want children/no children I have one babygirl Keondra who I call Keke who is my everything. She is def my little sweetheart.

Pets? We have one dog named diego

scrappy projects are you working on these days? My daughters book and books for my aunties mom and grandma

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? I prefer a mixture of thign

What are some of your favorite techniques? I like to try anything.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I like just about anything

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

What great getting to know each other questions Tina

Married/coupled/single? Married to Jeff for 33 years

Have children/want children/- I have 2 married daughters Shannon-31(John) Andrea-27 (Ryan) one 16 month old granddaughter Alaina. Shannon is her mother.

Pets? I have one tuxedo kitty named Prancer.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? Right now I am working on my letters for the Thanksgiving/Christmas/Ne w Years/Valentines LOTW Swap.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match- I am truly a mix and match type of scrap girl.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I like to mist with masks and using distress inks on edges.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I love to use any type of embellishment bring on the bling, jewels, brads, stickers, borders, buttons, etc.

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

Pink I pm'ed you my survey info hopefully you received it...if not let me know.

Sassy Suzi
Mayor
Sassy Suzi
In response to dniemeier

Hi Everyone!!! I hope you all had a great Christmas!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-28-13 10:12 PM
In response to Sassy Suzi

I'll answer, even though I am following along….

Married/coupled/single? Married to Jim for 15 years

Have children/want children/- I have 1 son who is 13. His name is Preston. I would have loved to have had many kids, but I didn't get married until I was 36!

Pets? I have one Black Lab mix, named Pearl.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I am working on cleaning my craft room. Started on boxing day and I still am working on it. I will be working on scrapping for another one of my co-workers and on some for myself of daily odds and ends.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match- I am truly a mix and match.

What are some of your favorite techniques? Love to do mixed media, gesso, pasted, etc. Ink is my middle name!

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? Depends on the project. Ribbon, buttons, ink and chip board are big on my list!

I would be interested in knowing what other hobbies you all have?

Me: knitting, crocheting, beading and jewelry making, card making, and mixed media. I also love photography, basketball (college and ds), and baseball (little league and professional).

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

My first creative hobby was making bead jewelry, but I haven't made anything in years. I pretty much turned all my energy into scrapping, and card making. I actually got into card making first, and was buying so much stuff, I realized the only other things I needed for scrapping were photos and an album.

I also read and listen to music.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good morning ladies. What a huge success we had yesterday for our Christmas celebration. It went so well!!! After everyone left last night at about 9:30 my cousin and I went to a mixer for a dating site we are on. What a drag. So we left and went to the little bar I like to go to that has great bands on the weekends. We had a really good time there.

Michelle will be coming down later to play some Rummikub before my cousin and Goddaughter go home. My Goddaughter brought a friend so they stayed here while we went out. They're both 19.

It's great getting to know everyone and those are great questions Tina.

Hi Suzi!!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Married/coupled/single? Married for 12 years, devoiced then remarried for 6 1/2 years

Have children/want children/- I have 4 children, 2 from each marriage. Michaeal is 19 and in her second year of University, Frederick is 16 and in Grade 11. Then there are my 2 little princesses, Veronica is 5, just started kindergarten and Cara my cuddle bug 3 year old.

Pets? Have no pets at present

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I am a CTMH consultant so I have become very busy with different classes. Currently I do a 2 page layout for Stamp of the Month club and starting in January I will be having a Monthly 2 page Layout Club and a Card Making Club so I will be designing and planning 2 different 2 page layouts and 15 cards 5 each of 3 different designs

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match- Either is good for me, the last sister I had Deanna set me a ton of lace, which I always seem in need of but can't find around here so that is what I requested. This time I believe I asked for 3D flowers like Mulberry ones in asst. colours as I am out LOL.

What are some of your favorite techniques? Can't say I have any favourite techniques, I love to stamp, use die cuts either from my Cricut or Spellbinder dies

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? OH favourite embellishments would be Bling preferable the flourishes, Stickles(I have 53 different bottles LOL), lace and trim, mulberry flowers

Other Crafts - I started out as a Cross Stitcher and sometimes incorporate that into my scrap book pages. Then got into Scrap booking which lead to Card making and my all time fav. at the moment Altered work!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Its a while since I joined in a round, but there are lots of new people, and I think it would be fun, so I will be signing up and sending in my survey!

Married/coupled/single? I was married for 24 years first time round, then divorced, and have been married to Neil for 2 years, though together for 7. Second time around I am so blessed! But we get on fine with the ex and have all been out to dinner together on big family occasions. Neil was previously married for 28 years so he did even better than me!

Have children/want children/no children Three children of my own, Mark 29, Emily 26, Josh 24. Neil has five, and two of those are in very close contact with us. Lizzie is 30 with two little ones who are 2 and 3 - they all spent Christmas with us, and Frances is 35, and was over for Boxing Day and the 27th with her dh and dd Isabella who is 8.

Pets? Not out of choice! I took on my mum's old dog when she went into residential care 18 months ago. However, the hound is 14 now, and in the last few weeks is really getting very weak and wobbly. The vet looked at her on Christmas Eve and said we should wait until the New Year, but she is unlikely to last much longer, poor old thing. She has been suffering over Christmas as she usually sleeps in the hall, and we have had olds and young's tripping up over her all the time! But I think she is still ok as long as the tail is wagging!

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I've made an album for each of my children from ages 0-25 and given it to them on their 25th birthdays, so Josh's is due next December - it is about 2/3 complete at present! I am also making albums for each of the grandchildren. I did Project Life this year and will probably continue next year. I also did mini PL albums from our trip to Canada last June, for Josh when he had done 6 months volunteering in South Africa (he is due to return in February), and am just completing another for my bil's 60th birthday party which happened last August!

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? I think I like everything although I am not at all a Disney girl (in fact I think I come out in hives when I have to go in the DIsney shop to get stuff for the grands!). I love flowers and bling and am a massive Stickles fan - I have at least as many as Deanna! I was hugely grateful to have received a pack of Christmas stickles a year ago, as I ran out of red and silver when doing my cards and had a supply all ready!

What are some of your favorite techniques? Hard to say - I love to use punches, and have dozens! I'd like to do more stamping and embossing, so intend to do more next year. I also like inking - I think Deb got me into that!

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? Ooh - so many! But inks and stickles and punches tend to feature a lot, along with flowers (if its not a boy layout)!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to RachelUK

Hi suzi good to see you stopping in.

Love reading all the answers. great questions tina m. I will answer in a little while.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Married/coupled/single?
yes married for 15 years to Josh

Have children/want children/no children.
Yes I have 2 children. One 13 yr. old boy named Cameron and one 11 yr. old girl named Mya.

Pets? We have a female 8yr old 10lb jack russel. For Christmas we got a new little female wiener dog named lilly.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I just finished a ton of Christmas cards and started an altered paint brush for a friend. I am always working on the kids scrapbooks.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate?

I buy all my paper by the paper line. I don't buy theme paper like Disney. I also don't buy paper stacks. I Like to use the papers lines because they coordinate but I will mix and match.

What are some of your favorite techniques?
I love distressing. I love to ink, paint, mist and use my stencils with mixed media stuff. I like to use my paper and use many pieces on each lo. I find I love to try new things.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use?

I will use all kinds of embellishments. it really depends on the project or lo. I am really loving using Shimmerz Texturz in my masks and stencils.
I love to buy laces, trims, almost anything by prima or Tim Holtz.

Edited by andrea m on 12-29-13 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

Love reading everyone answers

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Married/coupled/single?
yes married 15 years been fighter 20

Have children/want children/no children.
Yes I have 4 boys 16,16,14,10

Pets? We have 4 3 cats babe she is I believe 11,trinity she is 8,Kaylee she was my mothers she just turned 3,1 dog...he is we think a spits?? Like a very over grown pom..he was given to us in Aug he is 3

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I don't find much time me to scrapbook,but when I do it is my kids

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match...anything not picky

What are some of your favorite techniques?
I am not very creative so my stuff is pretty easy and plain.but I do love stickles ,buttons,easy stuff....

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use?

I have lots of things.I hate eyelets and never use fiber .

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to mommie75

SWEET Rachel is going to join us this round!! She was my Big Sister in the summer and I even got to met her for the BIG reveal. She spoiled me rotten and was wonderful to have. This looks like its going to be a incredible round, not only do we have new sisters join us but some of the ones that have been just visiting us will join in again too!!!!

Veteran

Hi I would like to join.I have sent in my survey

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

sending you a PM

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Married/coupled/single? I am single. I've been married 3 times.

Have children/want children/no children. I have two boys. Dane, almost 34 and Jarrod, 32.

Pets? I have currently 3 cats. One my sister dumped on me,Smokie. the other is a little wild one that showed up as a kitten and is still very skittish, Kitty boo boo. And about a week ago a very friendly cat showed up and won't go away. He is currently nameless except that Michelle calls him Stalker. LOL!!! He won't leave me alone!!!

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? Due to some stressful situations in my life, namely an @$$ named John, I've only done some CHristmas cards in the past 4 months.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? Mix and match, but i do like purchasing the entire paper line of any release.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I always ink my edges. I most distress my edges, but not always, and I often use 1 or 2 different techniques on every project.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I like to mix it up depending on the mood or theme of the page.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Hey Deb - how are you and the raccoons getting along? lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Well Tina, I know they're still stealing my cat food, but to be honest I just haven't set a trap lately. I haven't been much up to it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Married 26 years, 3 boys-24 married with a darling baby boy 9 months, almost 23 and 18

no pets since our Yorkie went to doggie heaven a several years ago

working on my grandson's album and ds3's album before his graduation reception

I like to mix and match

Would love to be a better stamper, starting to take Copic classes, love to distess and mist but should do it more, been using my sewing machine quite a bit.

I go through phases depending on my mood and who I am lifting. I lift or get inspiration on most everything.

I also make cards and occasional crafty gifts.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Hi Everyone!!! I hope you all had a great Christmas!

Hi Suzi

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I'll answer, even though I am just following along too;

Married/coupled/single? Married to Michael for 32 years

Have children/want children/- Sadly we were not able to have children, happily we have had many wonderful children in our lives (I am still waiting for Pink to send Taryn to live with her Aunt Becca permanently)

Pets? Nope

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? My December Daily, New Years cards since I didn't get any Christmas cards made. A 2014 calendar for my office at work and a 2014 calendar for my fridge at home

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match- I am a mix and match gal too

What are some of your favorite techniques? Love inking, distressing, washi tape, layering and using a variety of textures and techniques

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? Washi tape, buttons and patterned paper

Other hobbies you all have?
Card making, golf, reading, walking, photography and travel

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to scrapbrarian

My other crafts are: card making, jewelry making, woodburning, candle making, sew, reading, hiking and I am always learning about herbs and alternative medicines and religions.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I love reading also. Just finished the Longest Ride today. Kettlebells, daytrips with my hubby.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to tinadn

My other hobby is quilting. I used to only quilt but scrapbooking took over and a rarely quilt anymore.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

Rebecca everytime I see that you been married for 32 years I am surprised you just don't look like you are old enough to be married for 32 years

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to babigirl

No other hobbie here besides shopping.I coupon but not as much as I once did it takes time.

I started scrapbooking all these years ago because hubby told me to find a hobby he he.little did he know what it would cost

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:

Have children/want children/no children. I have two boys. Dane, almost 34 and Jarrod, 32.

Pets? I have currently 3 cats. One my sister dumped on me,Smokie. the other is a little wild one that showed up as a kitten and is still very skittish, Kitty boo boo. And about a week ago a very friendly cat showed up and won't go away. He is currently nameless except that Michelle calls him Stalker. LOL!!! He won't leave me alone!!!

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? Due to some stressful situations in my life, namely an @$$ named John, I've only done some CHristmas cards in the past 4 months.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? Mix and match, but i do like purchasing the entire paper line of any release.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I always ink my edges. I most distress my edges, but not always, and I often use 1 or 2 different techniques on every project.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I like to mix it up depending on the mood or theme of the page.

You definitely got me into the 'inking the edges' thing Debs!

And I agree with Tina - you didn't mention your 'other' pets here! (btw - do you think Stalker was sent by the very jealous John to see what is going on? haha!)

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
SWEET Rachel is going to join us this round!! She was my Big Sister in the summer and I even got to met her for the BIG reveal. She spoiled me rotten and was wonderful to have. This looks like its going to be a incredible round, not only do we have new sisters join us but some of the ones that have been just visiting us will join in again too!!!!

Thats a lovely thing to say Shana - thank you! It was fabulous to meet you (and of course she took me to a LSS so she was definitely the hero of the day) AND she gave me a Welcome to Canada pack - it was such a treat! It was ME supposed to be giving HER the gifts!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to tinadn

Hey Jennifer - what did you mean by this?

Married/coupled/single?
yes married 15 years been fighter 20

Been a fighter???

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Rebecca everytime I see that you been married for 32 years I am surprised you just don't look like you are old enough to be married for 32 years

You know she was one of those gals who was married at birth right? She's actually only 32 years old, as you can tell by her avi!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Andrea - I used to be a patchwork and quilting fanatic too! The closest I've come in the last few years was making Christmas stockings for the new people in our family - step daughters, grandchildren etc, and I also made the jacket I wore at my wedding two years ago! I had the long train taken off, and made a jacket to cover my (pudgy) arms!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Josh and I have just packed up a big package for one of the boys he used to coach - one of the older boys who is a mentor. He is a teenager whose Mum asked him to leave home when she brought a new boyfriend on the scene. He is a sweetheart, so she must have inputted lots of love along the way!

He has virtually no income, and although he receives a food package once a week for being one of the sports mentors, it only covers his most basic needs. Today Josh collected some Christmas goodies - chocolate and biscuits, and snacks, and new socks and honey (all of which could be easily bought in S Africa!) to send him a Christmas gift. It was pretty fun to do! I just have to fork out for the shipping tomorrow, but I just imagine his face when he receives it and it will be all worth it!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

You definitely got me into the 'inking the edges' thing Debs!

And I agree with Tina - you didn't mention your 'other' pets here! (btw - do you think Stalker was sent by the very jealous John to see what is going on? haha!)

LOL!!! Now that you mention it he did show up about the same time as John moved in. I would suspect though if John was that Jealous we'd still be together.

Michelle talked to him at work Friday and he told Michelle that he did love me but we'd end up making each other miserable due to the fact that he likes to ride, and ride where Susie lives and with the same group. I'd be on pins and needles the whole time he was gone wondering which is what caused our current break up. I guess he thought he could stay away from it but once he got me back in his life realized that he still really wanted to do it. It breaks my heart, but at the same time, I would have been miserable.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

TOGETHER. stupid auto fill

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to mommie75

As glad as I am to have had a week and a half off from work, it'll make it that much harder to go back to work on Thursday. I'm dreading it!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Andrea - I used to be a patchwork and quilting fanatic too! The closest I've come in the last few years was making Christmas stockings for the new people in our family - step daughters, grandchildren etc, and I also made the jacket I wore at my wedding two years ago! I had the long train taken off, and made a jacket to cover my (pudgy) arms!

I made stockings for everyone one year. I made a bunch. by the time Christmas came I didn't want to make anymore so I am the only one without one lol. I am horrible at clothes though. I made a pair of shorts once and new right away I would stick to quilting. I bet your jacket was beautiful.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to andrea m

This is Drake. Isn't he the cutest thing????

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

I can relate Tina. I also have been off for that long and need to be back Thursday. I have enjoyed my time off so much.
Besides scrapping I like to sew simple projects, do an occaisional craft, and whip up a simple quilt now and then.
I love to take pictures and make Shutterfly projects, scrap and archive them.
I am a member of Curves and Weight Watchers.
I love hanging with my husband and family at home, at our trailer and on vacation.
I like music....it lifts my spirits. I love an inspiring movie. I like to read and I compose a poem now and then.
When it is nice in the summer I ride lots of bike.
I am wishing you all a fun and relaxing New Year's Eve.

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

Yes he is!

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to dniemeier

Married/coupled/single? Married to Thomas for almost 13 years been together almost 14. First and only marriage

Have children/want children/no children I have 5 children all boys ages 26 all the way down to 9 years old.

Pets? Yes I have cats I only have 2 left my beloved Mufassa passed away almost 2 years ago he was 17. I have Pudgy a 13 year old tortoiseshell who thinks she is a dog, and I have Sugar who is a domesticate short hair and also 13 years old her main identifying characteristic she weighs over 30 lbs.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I'm not working on anything in particular I would like to start our Butterfly Conservatory album though I just don't have the right papers and embellies for it yet

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? It doesn't matter to me I am fairly easy going

What are some of your favorite techniques? I really am getting into the altered media technique I love the look and feel.PAinting, inking, stenciling all that good stuff

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I love lumpy bumpy embellies like chipboard, acrylic etc. Anything with texture I am a very tactile person

Deb Drake is so cute what a complete sweetie

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday... I actually didn't get anytime off I worked the holiday and I am working New Years eve and day. At least it will be a nice paycheck

Tom and I went to my Christmas party on Saturday and we had a good time he loved my dress and the way I looked he told me I looked sexy

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to dniemeier

Deb that is an adorable hat. Several of our preschoolers have it too.
Tina I can also relate. I have mixed feelings about going back to work on Thursday.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

I just got back from Michelle's. She invited me down for dinner since Tony was making his amazing Chicken Alfredo. It's the best!!!! I'm turning in now since I have to get up at 5:30 for WORK!!!!! yes work!!! I was supposed to be off!!!! Anywho, see you girls early in the morning. Someone have coffee ready, okay?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 12-30-13 05:57 PM

I was at work at 5 AM this morning. I wanted to get off so I could go to the basketball game. I ended up taking a call just before the game. It will serve me right for switching up my hours. LOL! My assistant was texting me to see if I was coming back - um no.
It was really funny!
I am off tomorrow and Wednesday an d then back at it.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Evening ladies,

I am sitting this round out.
I had a call that my mom fell today and is in ICU. We are on our way to Dallas now. Please keep her in your thought and prayers.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to TrishaLouise

Jaine glad you had fun at your Christmas party. Its always nice when your spouse tells you how nice you look.

deb drake is adorable.

Trisha I hope everything is ok with your mom.

We don't have any plans for new years. We used to have huge parties. We don't know anyone here so its just us. The Holidays make me kinda sad for all the things back home.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hi ladies... looks like a big round!!!

please count me in!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to dniemeier

Pink check ya pm sent u a message

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

Trisha, so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she's okay!!!

Off to work girlies.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Married/coupled/single? Married to Danny for 18 years.

Have children/want children/no children We have 5 children, 3 boys (a set of twins), 2 girls, and 1 granddaughter who is almost 3 months old.

Pets? Our oldest furry baby is Sadie, who is a German Shepherd. Our youngest furry baby is Daisy Mae, who is a teacup poodle.

What scrappy projects are you working on these days? I'm just about to start working on Briana's senior album again.

Do you prefer "theme" or related packages, such as all Disney or all flowers, or do you prefer a mix-and-match, it doesn't matter if they relate? I think it's nice to get things that are sort of like a kit, but either is fine with me.

What are some of your favorite techniques? I like to use a lot of techniques, but I really want to use masking and misting more.

What are some of your favorite embellishments/materials to use? I love to use flowers! I use flowers on almost all layouts. I also like to use "found" items and metal embellies.

I also love to read, make candles, make jewelry, make lotions, soaps, perfumes and photography.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Trisha I hope your mom recovers quickly she is in my thoughts and prayers

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies how are you all doing. I am doing ok better. For New Years Eve I am going to my aunt's house for a little which then I am going to church.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • babigirl Said:

You know she was one of those gals who was married at birth right? She's actually only 32 years old, as you can tell by her avi!

I had forgotteon about that lol now it all make sense

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Trisha, I hope your mom is ok.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Deb Drake is so adorable

babigirl