Username Post: Looking back on 2013 challenge!        (Topic#1593199)
thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

This is an easy one since you don't have to make anything new

Go to your gallery, review what you made in 2013, pick your favorite project and post it here and let the rest of us enjoy your fabulousness

I love going through my projects and see what I've made in the past, but I rarely do it unless I'm showing someone else something so this is a chance to go back and love our work a little more.

1 project per player (can be what ever, card, LO, other stuff, just as long as you posted it here in 2013)
Post until January 15th
Vote for your top 3 projects, and get a vote for voting, by pm to me 16-18th and I'll set up a poll with the top projects and we'll vote a winner which gets a RAK from my stash.

Alright, who's in?

Here is an example from me, I think this is my favourite from my 2013 projects, I created this in May 2013:
Little darling By Thorbsa

Participants:
1. Flower Shoppe By Lgtaylor100

2. Alaska Cruise 2013 pg.1 By Lauri D

3. Dream.... (Scraps of Darkness) By MarciLB

4. Summer Time By Arteshamac

5. Baby Ciera By Hhat419

6. Believe By Swonders

7. Old Brick House, Biloxi, MS By Pink Spoonbill

8. 2013 September Round Robin Team 1 Week 2 By Ladybing Tammy

9. A smile and A Pose By Sewflake

10. Friends By Nannyfeb

11. yesteryear By Happy Go Lucky

12. Grandma at 16 By KatieJo

13. daisy By YourScrapAttack

14. My Brothers and I By Charris449

15. Tebowing By NMscrapper

16. Pure Adoration By Denayc

17. 1930 Iquitos, Peru By Boricuapr

18. Best Friends By OlesyaK.

19. 4 generation family By Tinadn

Edited by thorbsa on 01-13-14 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to thorbsa

Do you just repost. I have a similar challenge that I am hosting which is January Your Own Favorite work where you make a layout of your favorites. This sounds like fun too but let me know if you just repost.

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa
In response to lgtaylor100

You just repost.

You go through your gallery and choose your favourite LO from 2013 and let the rest of us admire it to It's just "a best of 2013" thread, no making new ones.

Hope it doesn't cross your challenge, if it does, I'll take this one down.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to thorbsa

No it really doesn't because mine involves making a new one of your own favorite work. I'll join this one too.

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

Awesome

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to thorbsa

I can do this! We will be traveling all month, so I can't create anything new. But I CAN do this, lol! Thanks for hosting!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to NMscrapper

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 4027357.html][/url] Flower Shoppe By Lgtaylor100

Here's my very favorite of the year.

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

Thanks for joining
NMscrapper, look forward to seeing your 2013 fav

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to thorbsa

I'm in! This sounds cool! I'm off to browse my gallery. Happy/Scrappy New Year!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Lauri D

I would like to play, please and thank you.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to arteshamac

I looked through my gallery and I think this is my favorite LO of 2013. I put so much time and thought into the opening LO of my brother & SIL's Alaskan Cruise album. Making miniture shaped state that look like the state flags & the globe w/ mini pics from their cruise.

Alaska Cruise 2013 pg.1 By Lauri D

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Lauri D

I want in too please. Love to look at others work and will be fun to see their favorites.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sassy Suzi

Oh this looks like fun, I'll play!

Off to browse my gallery!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to SonjaC

I'm in! cant wait to see everyone's own favs!!!

This was smack in the middle of 2013....My fav since I was determined to ignore my lack of patience and make a rosette and also-who can resist a sleeping baby especially when it's your g-son?!..TFL-again!

Dream.... (Scraps of Darkness) By MarciLB

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to MarciLB

Summer Time By Arteshamac
Here's my favorite layout of 2013. I had such a blast playing with the vibrant colors and papers in this kit. Of course, the photos of my ds are so fun that they make me wish I running through a sprinkler system. LOL!

hhat419
Pro
hhat419

I'd like to join My favorite project of 2013 is a simple LO I did of my daughter Ciera's extra professional pictures I had laying around.

Baby Ciera By Hhat419

swonders
Diva
swonders

I'm in! Great idea/challenge as it gives us a chance to look back on 2013.

This is one of my all time favorite LOs. First, I had not been scrapbooking for about 1 1/2 years. I had lost my mojo. Then I did this page and I was hooked again. The picture, well, my girls thought I was dumb for asking them to take it this way,(hence the expression on their faces) but it turned out to be one of our favorite Christmas pictures from 2012. Then I scrapped it, and it really got me back into my scrapbooking mojo. And I am thankful for that because when I am scrapbooking, I am in my happy place. (and now that I am saying this, I think I've found my topic for my BOM challenge, LOL)

Believe By Swonders

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to swonders

I remember that one Artesha!!!! (like your new avi!) but what is really nice about this favs challenge is that you cant see all of everyone's work so we get to catch some of what is missed....
can you tell I am enjoying this so far!!!!!

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa
In response to MarciLB

• MarciLB Said:
what is really nice about this favs challenge is that you cant see all of everyone's work so we get to catch some of what is missed....

I totally agree! That's what I love about this, it's a "Best of" from our work from a whole year, and I love to read all the various reasons you chose the projects you all have submitted because we love our work for so many different reasons, that may not always be obvious to the rest, and we get to appreciate each other work for those reasons to

Sometimes we simply outdone ourselves and did an unexpectedly awesome LO (you all know what I'm talking about, sometimes nothing works, sometimes all the stuff just clicks), sometimes we know we challenged ourselves, tried something new, learned a new technique or something, sometimes we did something sentimental or something special for us, sometimes we did something funny or sometimes there is just no reason, something is more awesome than the rest of the stuff we do

I love all the LOs so far, thanks for submitting and keep them coming!

I've updated the first post with the submissions so far

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to MarciLB

I totally agree with you, Marci. Thanks for the compliment on my new avi. New hair style for a New Year!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

I thought this was going to be easy but I found it hard. I liked two for different reasons but this is mine:

Old Brick House, Biloxi, MS By Pink Spoonbill

Artesha, love the new hair style and avi.

This was a cool challenge!

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to Pink Spoonbill

JCI & ACU! I see some new faces (new to me anyway) so it's fun checking out those LO's I haven't seen, and being new artists (new to me) I'll have to go back and browse some of your galleries for inspiration. Love the LO's I'm seeing.

Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thank you so much, Terri! and I LOVE the Biloxi lo...of course!

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky

this sounds like fun. count me in. I've read all your the reasons for choosing your favorite - very interesting and inspiring. Off to leave some luv now.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to happy go lucky

this was mine I think.

For creativity purposes - I think it is my fave digital layout I have ever done

For meaningful purposes - my husband has been my rock through the first few years of our marriage as I have been ill and I had found out just before leaving on this trip that I would need more surgery. He never lets me go it alone.

2013 September Round Robin Team 1 Week 2 By Ladybing Tammy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

it is so wonderful to relive some of these layouts again.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Terri, I had forgotten how much I loved that brick wall - I really need to find that mask template

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

Updated to here

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to thorbsa

I have several layouts that I am very pleased with this last year, I narrowed it down to this one that I have framed on my work desk.

A smile and A Pose By Sewflake

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Terri, I had forgotten how much I loved that brick wall - I really need to find that mask template

Tammy, if you get a brick tmeplate, buy the 12 x 12. I bought the 6 x 6 and it is a pain in the you know what to keep moving it into the four quadrants. Things just don't line up.

Hey everyone.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh good to know Terri - thanks!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 01-05-14 12:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

acu!...this one's a blast!!!!

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to MarciLB

Just checking in again and found 2 new posts. So I'm acu again. I'll keep checking back from time to time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Edited by Lauri D on 01-06-14 06:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb
In response to Lauri D

I just love this LO and Loved putting it together.
It is of myself and 3 friends enjoying a wonderful weekend together in Lancaster just Scrapbooking away. The original was by Pam Stewart Iowa.

Friends By Nannyfeb

Governor
In response to Nannyfeb

This sounds like fun so I'll need to get ACU then rummage through my gallery.

Linda

Lynne, I'm going to sign up for yours too.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to boricuapr

acu

Governor

ACU. You would think that since I've only been in SB 1 year that my fav would be easy - NOT.

So I'm going to have to do a point comparison using these categories - It Just Came Together, Happy Smiles/Laughs, Melancholy Moments, Are We There Yet (it needed just one more thing), Back Story, I Can't Believe It Looks So Good, Subject Matter---Hey anyone got a Mood Ring I can borrow so I can gauge Emotional Attachment??

At least I'm down to 4 and will just have to sleep on it!!

Governor

• lgtaylor100 Said:
Do you just repost. I have a similar challenge that I am hosting which is January Your Own Favorite work where you make a layout of your favorites. This sounds like fun too but let me know if you just repost.

Lynne, I can't find your challenge - can you send me link?

Linda

Charris449
Pro
Charris449

Love this, I'd like to join

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to boricuapr

Here's mine. It's my fave for many reasons.
I love the photo of my maternal grandparents (I have so few). I initially started scrapping to preserve my family's history. I inherited a few old family photos from my parents but unfortunately they were in bad shape and most had no dates or names on them. I became determined (obsessed)to leave my dd a family history.
Also, I struggle with flowers and placement. This particular lo I actually liked the flower placement. tfl.
yesteryear By Happy Go Lucky

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

acu

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

I would like to play. I put a lot of work into this LO... tried lots of new techniques and of course I love the subject matter.

Grandma at 16 By KatieJo

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

I went back and commented on all the ones I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing yet. Such wonderful stuff. This was a great idea for a challenge. Sad how much stuff I miss from the gallery otherwise.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to KatieJo

I am loving it too Katie Jo....acu! I really like reading all of the reasons as well!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

here is mine . it was a lil hard to choose because i believe as time goes i do different things and i like them more.

this is of my baby lil miss.daisy. i got her feb 15, 2013 and shes been happiness to me ever since. i love how she just poses for the cam.

daisy By YourScrapAttack

swonders
Diva
swonders
In response to YourScrapAttack

JCI AND ACU

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to swonders

Just checking in and I'm loving everyone's personal faves of 2013. I missed much of them last year so this is a really cool challenge to have!

Governor
In response to Lauri D

ACU again and slept on my choices - It's worse because I put one back on the list.

So it's down to Pushed me out of my box, Expand my techniques, or Sentimental Journey...

I need more sleep!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
ACU again and slept on my choices - It's worse because I put one back on the list.

So it's down to Pushed me out of my box, Expand my techniques, or Sentimental Journey...

I need more sleep!

LOLOLOL!!! cant wait now to see which one wins!!!

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to MarciLB

My Brothers and I By Charris449

I think this has to be my favorite. It is simple, clean, yet eye catching.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Charris449

Acu!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to KatieJo

Yea! ACU!

You all did some gorgeous work last year. I don't know how I missed so many the first time!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Tebowing By NMscrapper

Here's mine. Thanks for hosting. I'm enjoying looking at everyone's favorites!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Carol - that is so amazing! Not sure how I missed that one the first time through!

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc

This one is my absolute favorite. After trying for years to have a baby, my brother and his wife welcomed their daughter Ava this past April. This picture was taken shortly after she was born. My brother has always been this "tough, stoic" man, but Ava melted him all the way through!

Pure Adoration By Denayc

I loved going back through 2013's layouts and seeing the differently techniques used and remembering the different challenges that helped create them.

Governor

OMG!!! Ladies you have done some amazing creations and thank you for sharing and inspiring us!

I'm finally biting the bullet and selected my top favorite! I want to thank everyone for all their views and comments! This met all three of my criteria - Pushed me out of my box with all the distressing layers, Expand my techniques with the embossing and ink blending, and Sentimental Journey was remembering waiting for the monthly National Geographic Magazine and TV Specials and dreaming of being on archeology digs with Dr. Louis Leakey or exploring the culture of "lost" civilizations with Dr. Margaret Mead on her sociology/anthropology research.

Most importantly, this lo represents the many ancient cultures participating in traditions that go back thousands of years and have disappeared in the name of progress because of a chance meeting.

So I scrap to preserve and share history and our traditions and create my own version of Encyclopedia Britannica!

1930 Iquitos, Peru By Boricuapr

Edited by boricuapr on 01-08-14 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to boricuapr

I am so glad you chose that one! It's not like everyone can do a layout with photos like that!

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D

ACU, and this has been my favorite challenge so far!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Lauri D

Boricua, I loved that one the first time and I still love it the second time. I am glad to hear someone else had a hard time picking just one!

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky

wow - I am really enjoying seeing some of these lo for the first time and re-visiting the ones I had already seen and commented on. What a fun challenge this has turned out to be.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

oh I just went through all the layouts for the last year for the album challenge..
I think this one is my fav though it's a tough choice somewhat. I like it even more because sweet moments between my kids are rare, and photos of that are more rare yet)

Best Friends By OlesyaK.

Governor
In response to OlesyaK.

ACU
Linda

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa
In response to boricuapr

Updated to here! Greeeeeeat layots ladies!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to thorbsa

acu!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to MarciLB

I just found this and love the idea. Off to spread some love.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I had a tough time since in 2013 I scrapped my son's wedding and the birth of my first grandchild.
This is the layout I am most proud of though.
4 generation family By Tinadn

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa
In response to tinadn

ACU and updated first post to here
2 days left to post!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to thorbsa

Jci and acu.

Governor

JCI and ACU - great inspirations everyone!

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

Alright! We're closed!

Please PM me your 3 favs that are not yourself and you'll get a vote for voting

You have until the end of the 18th to send me your votes and then I'll put up a poll on the 19th.

Thank you all sooo much for sharing your wonderful LOs of 2013!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

voted, this was a great idea.
Thanks for hosting.

MSD
MSD 
Mayor
MSD
  • MSD on 01-16-14 07:02 AM
In response to thorbsa

This is my favorite:

Good Times By MSD

swonders
Diva
swonders
In response to MSD

Voted. I really enjoyed ALL the pages and reading why everyone chose the page they did. Great challenge!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to swonders

I voted! Thanks for hosting such a wonderful challenge!

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

Oooooh, MSD, I'm so sorry, I had already closed the challenge... It only lasted till the 15th. I really like your LO though, it's beautiful!

Thank all of you for participating, I loved seeing all your LOs.

Keep voting ladies

Governor
In response to thorbsa

I voted and can't wait for the poll!

AWESOME work everyone (and you know I really mean we worked on these)!!

Linda

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to boricuapr

Voted!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

I voted.

Thanks Thorsba. It was a great challenge.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Thanks Thorsba for hosting. It was great to see all these wonderful LO's.

Oh and I voted.

Edited by KatieJo on 01-18-14 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to KatieJo

JCI- I just voted. Thanks again for hosting this challenge Thorbsa! It was really fun!

thorbsa
Idol
thorbsa

Poll is up! Vote vote vote!
And congratulations to you all, it was a beautiful challenge and I love all your great LOs and your wonderful stories about why you choose them.
Thanks for a great response to my challenge!

Now get voting: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15936...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to thorbsa

LOVED all of your favs ladies!!!!
Thanks for hosting this fun look back!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics