Username Post: How much paper?        (Topic#1593401)
bonprof
Governor
bonprof

Be honest; how much paper do you have in inches or feet? I am up to about 2 feet. Yikes!!

Edited by bonprof on 01-07-14 05:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to bonprof

Let's see I am 5 foot 2 inches and I think if I stacked it all up....I couldn't see over it and it is still growing!!!!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to southgirl

Counting cardstock and paper stacks probably close to 2 feet also.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to southgirl

I don't have mine all in one place to actually measure it, but just guesstimating by looking at the various stashes, I have roughly 3 1/2 to 4 feet. I have lots and lots of paper, lol!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to chocolateaxel

10 feet. My friends call me a paper ho.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm at least a 6 footer!
That includes pattern and cardstock.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
10 feet. My friends call me a paper ho.

I think I have between 2 and 3 feet. I think. I refuse to look too closely.

kimberlyatlga
Resident
kimberlyatlga
In response to Luvmyfam

I keep my stash under 2 feet. This was not always the case. I purge regularly. My life and anxiety over so much stuff has been greatly reduced due to giving away the "extra."

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to kimberlyatlga

I have about 6 feet but I didn't measure. I keep a inventory of all but the solid cardstock and this is over 5800 sheets. I might add that this does not count my 8 1/2 x 11 solid cardstock. I pat myself on the back for buying most on sale and honestly, if I was forced to purge right now there would not be a lot that I would truly want to give away. I have a niece that likes crafts so I feel pretty certain that once I do want to purge, she will want it and that makes me feel good. Plus my MIL scraps too.

Is that too much? Call me a Paper Ho if you want!

DianaGail
Tenant
DianaGail
In response to CrimsonMama

A little over 2 feet I would think.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to DianaGail

4-5 feet in Florida but about 10 feet in Canada.

Of that over 1/2 is DCWV and American Crafts Cardstock. I am ADDICTED to Cardstock. I have to have it all.

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to DianaGail

About 2 feet and it is overwhelming me as I prepare for a crop and I am trying to decide what to bring!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Frau_Cooney

I'm going to guess somewhere around 10 - 12 feet. That's 3 shelves on a bookcase plus some extra that are stacked and my Christmas paper, which is probably 1 1/2 ft. itself! I have a lot of paper!
It's a sickness!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mary W.

It's so hard to resist cool papers! I do consider how I could use it, before I purchase.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof

Yes, and CHA is this weekend (right around the corner from my house), so we will have more paper to buy!!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Yes, and CHA is this weekend (right around the corner from my house), so we will have more paper to buy!!

Just a little bit jealous!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Frau_Cooney

I probably have about two feet total and still never seem to have the exact color I'm looking for... hmmmmm?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:

Oh my! are you going? Have you ever been before? I can't imagine! I've seen photos but I would probably be bouncing off the walls!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

I am so embarassed. I have over 10 feet including pp and cardstock. I don't know when I got out of control so bad.

I not buying anything more (except for essentials) until I get it down to a manageable size. I do use it but just not fast enough. I am happy to say...I haven't bought anything since November. Keep your fingers crossed!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Pink Spoonbill

OH MY GOSH.............speaking of paper have you seen the new Graphic 45 collections that are coming out? Botanical Tea, By the Sea and Good Ol' Sport. I will want all three collections! I'm in real trouble here.....Mid to late February, I might as well start saving.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-08-14 03:15 PM

I think I probably have about 12-15 feet. I have a bookshelf that is completely full of paper and each shelf is about 3 feet with 5 shelves.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof

I am not going; its not open to the public, only members, vendors, etc. i think i would be overwhelmed!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to Vae

You take the cake, Vae!! We love you! Xo

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to Mary W.

Mary, you take the cake too!! Bless you! Xo

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

About 2-3 feet of 12x12 cardstock and pp About a foot of other sizes. And I still have problems finding what I want in solid cardstock!!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to idlewoman

I am thinking that I have between 7 to 8 feet of 12x12 pp and card stock. I so wish that you had not made me think of it. So glad that I made a promise not to buy more pp until I used up what I have. Unfortunately, I seem to have an addictive personality and so I break that promise too often. Why, oh why did I open this thread?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Unique scrapper

Mine is in separate containers, but maybe 3 feet?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to PhotobearSam

• PhotobearSam Said:

Of that over 1/2 is DCWV and American Crafts Cardstock. I am ADDICTED to Cardstock. I have to have it all.

So is that Canadian feet?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to 950nancy

Canadian feet? Wouldn't that be in meters?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

4' of pp, cardstock, and collections. ANNNNNDDDD, I just purged over 9" worth. And a huge box of old stickers.

And I bought 2 collections last week as a reward for my purging!!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • PhotobearSam Said:

So is that Canadian feet?

It's the US/Canadian exchange rate!!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to ScrappyMama6

Let's just say I cant find a ruler!!

Truthfully, I estimate that I have about 4 feet of cardstock n paper. I just bought 6 new stacks the day after Christmas! But I finished two layouts today n used 9 pieces of paper, so I'm in the negative again n should probably go buy more, huh??

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Juansmom

I have about 2 feet of everything: paper, card-stock, pads. The only things I'm not including are card blanks and the new packs of A4 card I just bought. I make a lot of cards.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

LOL what a provoking question!

let me see... it's in expedit cubes, so that's about 14" high. 3 cubes full + cropper hopper (another 14") + another cube with page kits and cardstock. that makes it almost 6 feet.. yikes!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to OlesyaK.

I love a good stash of paper...its as fulfilling as the first cup of coffee of the day...or wine, or beer, or diet coke...

Edited by Juansmom on 01-09-14 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
I love a good stash of paper...its as fulfilling as the first cup of coffee of the day...or wine, or beer, or diet coke...

This is worth repeating! I agree 100%!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Mary W.

• Mary W. Said:
  • Juansmom Said:

This is worth repeating! I agree 100%!

DOUBLE AGREE! Love my stash!!

Sewflake
Mayor
Sewflake
In response to wilbur

Chris, I am right there with you!! I have a good stash of paper and would hate to think how high it would be if it was all stacked in one spot!! I still find myself being as conservative as possible when using, cutting, tearing paper. I have gotten better about not saving paper smaller than 2 inches, but find myself wondering if there is some way to collect all the paper lint after distressing the edges and making my own paper!!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to ScrappyMama6

On closer inspection, I think I am closer to 3 feet than two. I managed to limit what I am bringing to the crop to about 14 inches. Excessive, but I didn't want to break up the stacks to just bring some of the papers. I also found a bunch that I will make available to my kids for their arts and crafts projects. Not quite getting it out of my stash, but a plan to get it used by _someone_!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

• CrimsonMama Said:
OH MY GOSH.............speaking of paper have you seen the new Graphic 45 collections that are coming out? Botanical Tea, By the Sea and Good Ol' Sport. I will want all three collections! I'm in real trouble here.....Mid to late February, I might as well start saving.

Really???? You are evil.

P.S. Where can I get that botantical tea? LOL!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof

Let me send you a PM about this!!!

Guru
In response to bonprof

I don't know if I want to find out how much I have. It is stored all over my room. I am guessing 4-6 feet minimum. I just bought another 2 inches worth of paper today. I got a GC for Christmas and then the paper was 50% off.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-14 02:53 AM

I probably have 3-4 feet. It's funny when I come up with a pic and say, OMG, I have papers for that! I think I have papers I purchased when I first started scrapping about 9 yrs ago. I love, love, love paper!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to cropper44

Ok, I added to my feet yesterday. I went to the Archiver's going out of biz Just Because. I'm bummed thinking that will be the last time. What a great store. They totally blame the big boxes for going out of biz. I have to say that the big boxes were already in biz before them so their own biz plan is probably to blame, not the big guys. They had a lot of TH stamps sets but you can get those at a bigger discount elsewhere. Seriously IMO but some stuff is just overpriced in the first place and the margins end up not being enough for a small guy to make money. But Still it's a shame because they have inventory the big boxes never had.

So I got some G45 and TH at 25% off which is sort of unusual to see that on sale.

So, I just added a couple of inches! Yikes I didn't need it but I love it!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

If I stacked all my cardstock and pp up, I would guesstimate that it would be between 2 and 3 feet high. Which is why I don't stack it up LOL!

cinderella4282
Guru
cinderella4282

About 3 feet here.

The new G45 is very very pretty. Really want the botanical tea.

I LOVE patterned paper. About 95% of my paper is patterned vs. solid card stock.

ddcmsmom
Expert
ddcmsmom
In response to cinderella4282

I thought I had a lot, but I probably have less than twelve inches. I have some catching up to do!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to ddcmsmom

You've only just begun! It's a sickness.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I have about 24 inches of paper, sorted into containers.

However, I also have a 24 sq in box of beautiful chaos to finish sorting.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to MommaSaid

I'm not home to go try to figure it out but I think I have at least 10 of the wood paper holders from hobby lobby and they provable hold over a foot in each.... I did purge a hug box to share with friends!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to randasue

I donated over 2 feet to my son's 2/3 grade teacher last year while in a pregnancy nesting state. (I do have moments where I regret it when I see a project come home with my precious…I mean my paper)

The timing couldn't have been more perfect since many of the manufacturers are coming out with baby lines I will have that space filled in no time! Plus with my current BO Bunny obsession I am still multi feet deep. I am really stuck since I have to give up my scrap room for the baby, I am having a hard time finding a good a spot in the house to relocate. Especially since my husband shot down my solution of just moving to a bigger house.

Edited by jaxxan on 01-13-14 09:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shayla4u
Tenant
Shayla4u
In response to jaxxan

I must have over 10 ft. of paper...been hoarding it for years and just recently retired so now I have time to play. I have given a lot away to family and friends because I keep buying the new lines that come out. I guess I'm just a paper addict!!!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to jaxxan

I am also a bo bumny fan! Love it!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to jaxxan

I am also a bo bunny fan!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics