Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: February Photo Fun        (Topic#1593875)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO FEBRUARY 2014 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see EMBED. Click that.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: February 26th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 26th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

FEBRUARY Minis:

1 -V
2 -A
3 -L
4 -E
5 -N
6 -T
7 - I
8 -N
9 -E
10-S

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Well hello everyone! I can't promise a ton of pictures this month, but I'll try.

See you all soon.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Good morning!!!!!

Love the welcome Lori and cute minis!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

I was LAZY Linda!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hiya, thanks for the new month Lori.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

I'm back!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Here I am!
Pretty Welcome! And I like the Minis. Easy for me to remember! HeeHee!

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to 2xblessed

Oh wow..the minis will be fun! Thanks!

Count me in..........

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to nanasan

Check this out! My gf Elaine (friends since we were 12 years old!!!!) calls me and wakes me up to ask if I have plans for Feb 6, 7 or 8th. I say no and she hangs up. A bit later she calls...by this time I am awake, and tells me she got tickets for the two of us to go see Jersey Boys on Broadway and she's also taking me out to the Olive Garden for dinner!!! Huh???? It's HER birthday on the 7th! She giggled and said, I promised Bob I would take care of you while he is away! I'm gonnna insist on at least paying for the dinner....but what a beautiful way to start my day! Friends!!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Linnny

aww, that is sweet Linda.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

so sweet! Sounds like lots of fun.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to KristaDee

Hi everyone. I am new to this and would like to join the photo fun. I got a DSLR last summer and have been working on learning how to use it. So I'm here if you'll have me!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Frau_Cooney

Of course I want to join again. I hope I get to take more pictures than in January.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to lgtaylor100

Welcome Frau! We are a group of ladies who share our photos and so much more! We have grown to love and think of each other as family (only better in some cases ). So, again I say welcome!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Welcome Frau! We always love having new friends! Are you a German teacher?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF.....

Disk label By Desilu3131

As many of you know I always do disks at the end of the season for all our team players. Worked on this today for a bit and I think I like it. I think the parents will appreciate their kids pic on the label more than the kid, lol. I had to find a program that worked with my Mac as the one I've used in years past is not compatible. I found a free Avery program and it pretty much works the same as what I used to use. Do you think the photo is to bold or not faded enough? I know it's not a great shot....just a quickie. What's your opinion please....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

NOOO! It not too anything, its perfect, I really like it.

Hiya and welcome Frau.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise! I'm thinking it's good enough. I've been fighting with the printer tonight. Printed off another kids label and my ink was low. When I tried again the printer is giving me fits....the paper sensor doesn't think the paper is the right size....grrrr! Could be because I'm using the labels (or trying to) from the old program. I've printed on a piece of plain paper and am using the light to fit the label over and tape it on the paper.....apparently it's not worth the grief. Guess I'll buy the right labels and lose this fight!

Don't forget I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow. I don't think they will cancel the games even though we have a winter warning through tomorrow evening...these are league games and I'm pretty sure we have no time to make them up. The team we are playing we played a few weeks ago at our rink. Remember the game where the kids were big goons, their coach got ejected, and parents too? Oh...players were ejected too. Well, this is the same team....sigh. At least we are going knowing their coach is gone for the year along with one of the goon players. Their league officials are mortified with their behavior!

Have a great evening all! Hope to pop in sometime tomorrow night.

Oh....anyone else have a huge snow storm forecasted for early next week? I've heard just a bit on it and not actually where it's coming from. People here are going crazy. I've heard anywhere from 18-20"+. I'm ready!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - label looks great! I love that the photo is faded, but the team logo and name/number are bolder. Looks great.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Thanks Krista....how is the knee and how are you healing/feeling from surgery?

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Label looks great!
Be careful on the road tomorrow! Hope the game goes better than last time!
Good Night Ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

I'm healing pretty good. Staples are out, incisions have healed cleanly, no puckers or funny lines. The two bottoms ones are almost invisible, the one at my belly button is still a little visible, but it was the biggest, and had the most staples in it. I'm feeling really good too. Knee..... well, I've got a way to go on that. Starting the physio all over again, hopefully this time I can take it slow enough that I don't aggravate it.

Well, it's 1am, and I think I'm headed to bed. Good night/morning, see you all later this morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Thought I'd check in before I got busy making "in between games" snacks. We did get a little snow over night but it's warm enough that I see drips off the house and the car just looks rained on. But of course where we are headed they are reporting icy/glazed roads. We have about 45 minutes before we have to leave so hoping the traffic clears the roads. There is a stretch between here and our destination where the roads never get treated. It's always a mess and of course the weather girl already said to be careful on that stretch this morning on the news.

You all have a great day and thanks for the feedback on my label!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!!!

Lori, prayers for safe travel!!!

Krista, happy to hear you are healing!!!

Frau, welcome to this wonderful photo-taking group of beautiful ladies!!!

bbl

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to KristaDee

I like the label also. It looks right to me. I haven't tried this challenge before and I'm not a very social person. But I am going to give it a try to encourage me to take more photos. Could you explain the minis, is that one book or a separate book for each letter. I'm not sure of the concept maybe you could direct me to a gallery where I can see some.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Charris449

Hi and welcome Charris449!
The minis are just suggestions. You can use each mini for one photo. For example this month is V A L E N T I N E S. You can take a photo of an apple and count that as one photo using the Mini "A" and maybe a photo of a tree and use that one for the Mini "T". It really doesn't matter what you shoot. Just have fun! You only need 10 photos for the challenge but, feel free to share as many as you like. Just label the ones that are just for fun as JFF so, we can keep them straight.
Hope this helps! Again, welcome and have fun.
If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. We were all new once and will help where we can!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Hi Frau welcome!

Charris449 no need to be social. Welcome.

Krista nice that the incision is healing well. How many days a week are you doing physio?

Lori I love the disc labels. I am sure the parents will love them too.

Linny sounds like a great girls night out. Have fun!
I took some photos today I'll try to get them up tomorrow. I also learned how put in a zipper, started deep cleaning the kitchen and packed a ton of stuff. This month is going to fly by.

Good night everyone.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Missa - I see the physiotherapist once a week, but I try to do my exercises once a day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Went with DD to register for the baby, wow, that was a marathon! babies r us and target, found most of what she wanted. So many choices and decisions to make took us 9 hours with lunch and the bad traffic and one rest break for a snack and drink - we are both exhausted. Baby swings are so different than the wind up one I had, it went click, click, click as it swung, no batteries, no vibrations, no multiple motions and sounds. Bassinets are now play yards too, breast pumps, oh my gracious, can you say overwhelming. Monitors, sheesh, they are multi media now. lol it was fun but took some time to fold and unfold strollers, etc.

Missa, Babies R US has several twin strollers unlike when mine were babies. Just remember the double wide are hard to get thru narrow isles.

Welcome Charris449. Look forward to seeing your photography.

Did you make it home safely Lori?

Linda, Lynne how are you feeling today?

Nighty nite.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Evening everyone!

Chris....welcome! Carolyn explained the mini challenge very well. I'll just add that "mini's" are optional. Most months we use these mini's a prompts to give you ideas. This month I just decided to use letters. Mini's are to get you thinking, no wrong or right. Say if you see a flock of geese in the sky, you could use that as mini #1 V. Or, you could snap a pick of a V in the road or in a tree. Maybe you have a Violet in your home or a favorite V neck dress you'd like us to see. Possibilities are endless and how ever you interpret the mini's is OK with us. If you want to submit a pic in our end of month poll, the only requirement is you post 10 pics during the month. They can be a mix of mini's and regular shots, all mini's, or just the 10 required. You can also use a regular monthly pic and label it as a mini too if it works. As Carolyn said...ask away if you have questions. Someone is always willing to answer! Also, if you hang here long enough we will social you right up! We are chatty that way!

Missa....I have always wanted to know how to put in a zipper but have never taken the time to learn.

Trip was good, mostly rain. However on the way to the rink, maybe 5 miles from it, it iced up pretty good. We saw about 4 cars off the road. U was THE man today! We lost the first game 1-0. Second game we won 7-2. U got a hat trick and played his best game yet! The opposing team was still mean, one kid ejected after just coming back from a 5 game suspension. Only had one of our kids hurt, maybe a concussion.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night all! I sure hope to sleep in tomorrow, just because I want to!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

I was surprised....I did sleep in! Going to my dad's for lunch.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI. Feeling so tired this evening. I've been sitting at the computer working on hockey pics (nothing new about that). I'm caught back up to yesterdays game and might try to get a few kids done yet tonight while the men are watching football. They popped in a pizza for dinner. Smelling good. I think I might try to weigh in tomorrow, ugh! I want to get that done before the snow comes. So far I'm hearing maybe 5-9" starting Tuesday. Fingers crossed!!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

Hi everyone -

Denise - I feel okay but tired. Did some shopping for scrapping supplies today and yesterday and of course I have to stand and look at everything so maybe I overdid it.

Supposed to snow here tomorrow and there is supposed to be ice too which I definitely will not drive in so I may not be able to go to my radiation treatment (they add it on at the end). I was supposed to have lunch with my friend Nancy so I will miss that if the weather is bad. She has been my friend since I was in kindergarten many many years ago.

Linda - That was so nice of your friend. It's a great show. I saw it several years ago.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI and ready to hug my pillow.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

nighty-night!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to KristaDee

Good morning-

Snowing here 4-8 predicted. Most of the schools are closed.

Cancelling radiation and lunch.

Going to do some scrapping today,

Lynne

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Lori sewing a zipper isn't too complicated, but I need to get a self healing mat and rotary cutter so I have even fabric to work with. If you have straight fabric edges it's a piece of cake.

http Zipper Tutorial
This tutorial is by Wendy Gratz, I really like her stuff.

Denise we have our dream stroller picked out. It's a BOB dually. I am just waiting to get my dividend check from REI, they cost $600, ouch. Is DD using cloth or disposable diapers? If cloth I know how to save tons of money on them and I'd be happy to share that info with you. We diapered G for about 800 and that includes the energy to wash the diapers. Of course I gave away all of G's diapers and need to buy new ones. Bummer.

TOmorrow G and I are heading to Phoenix to go buy a minivan. I am hoping to get it all done tomorrow so we can play a little on Wednesday. There is so much to do here, but DH is in the Valley for a training so I figured I might as well get it done while he is in the city too, just in case it gets complicated.

Have a great day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Thanks for the zipper tut Missa! Good luck on getting your business done, hope it all works out! Have you already shopped around for a van and know what you're gonna get?

I weighed in this morning (yuck), came home and got some business just done (bills payed). Thinking I might run to Wally World and see if they have my labels so I can at least get those done and out of the way! Kinda watching the weather here closely. So far we are going to get mostly snow but they are showing ice coming in too. And of course it's supposed to be hear about the time we are North for hockey practice. And, of course I've booked my hotel for this weekend as we are traveling for 4 games. Looks like another round will be coming in then too.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

morning!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Missa, hope you can get all your business conducted in record time and hassle free!

DD will use disposable but a friend of hers will use the cloth, she is due two weeks earlier than DD. So if you'd share that info I will pass it on to her.

Lori, safe travels.

I have been following a pro photographer on FB. His name is Jeff Cable. He has been posting some great shots of Red Square as he is there covering the Olympics. Look him up and be sure to go to his blog site to see all the Red Square photos. He does give some settings and a little detail for the shots. Just fabulous.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to rockmom

Hi Lori and all. Thanks for the warm welcomes. I look forward to getting to know you all a little better!

Lori you asked if I was a German teacher because of my handle, Frau Cooney, so I'll use that to tell a story. I am not a German teacher, nor do I speak German. In my last job I traveled to German occasionally. On my first trip there, my company hired a car to pick me up in Frankfurt and drive me to Mannheim. When I got off the plane there was a man holding a sign that said "Frau Cooney". Well, in the movies you see that scene and it always seemed that important people get picked up at the airport by drivers. I was so amused by it that I asked if I could keep the sign! I brought it home and kept it in my work cubicle. Then some friends (who also scrapbook) picked up on it and I became Frau Cooney.

My real name is Jane and you can feel free to use either name!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Denise, I'll PM you in the info. So you can just print it out.

Lori you can't catch a break with the weather can you? I know you love the cold but driving on ice is no bueno. I do know exactly what I'm getting I even have it narrowed down to three vehicles at one dealer. I have an appointment with the salesman in the afternoon and he said he'd have all three ready to go.

Jane I love that story. I'd adopt the moniker too.

I really have no business being online right now, I need to get some stuff done. Maybe after I upload a couple of photos.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey dearies!

Frau, very cool story!

In the middle of yet another snow storm; and expecting another on Wednesday!

Have my first mini.....

Mini A ~ again, it's snowing :( By Linnny

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Here are a couple of the things I have been working on.

Dining Redo By MissaOnTheRun

February Mini. N is for nursery art By MissaOnTheRun

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

That's a great looking stroller Missa. DD chose the Graco Aire3 Click Connect Travel System Stroller - Poseidon.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise...that stroller must be pretty awesome with a name like Poseidon!

Jane....great story! I had an opportunity to visit Germany when I was in high school unfortunately it didn't pan out. My BFF at the time, her mom was from Germany and was going back to visit. Originally she was taking her kids back with her but ended up going by herself....I was bummed!

Linda.....have you talked to your man? How is he doing without you?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lori, its a beautiful shade of blue.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449

Picture 1 By Charris449

Here is my first photo, Does anyone know what it is. I'm going to use it for the letter S

Charris449
Pro
Charris449

Picture 2 By Charris449

And here is #2, I'll use letter N for the Nosey neighbor.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to rockmom

Lori, dh calls every day. He had to see a doctor today...just what I was afraid of. He seems to have a horrible cold. Probably from breathing all the air in the plane for 13 hours. Dr gave him something for the cough and some pills. I love when you ask a man "what kind of pills"...duh! So, I just keep praying for him. He wasn't his old self on the phone today. They had to have the gas heater on...it was that cold. He doesn't have internet, so he wasn't sure of the temp. Just hope he starts feeling better.

Besides him calling every day, my sisters and friends keep calling me. Geez! Even my landlord is taking care of me....I received another order of those Riviera pears...he had his son bring them up to me. And he realized I started a newspaper delivery service and told me not to worry, his son will deliver the paper up to my apartment.

So, all is good in my neck of the woods!

Missa, I love your decorating! Those colors are fantastic and love the different prints and how they compliment each other. Did you cover the chairs yourself.....look great! What color is your dinnerware?

Think I'll go play with some paper.

bbl

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan

Neat photo Charris...magnolia seed pod! Love the nosy dog!

Busy week..had 4 of the grands over the weekend..still have 2 for the week.

Stay warm....

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to nanasan

Hi everyone

Jane - Welcome that is a great story.

Linda - Glad you are being well taken care of. Hope hubby gets better soon.

Missa - I love your decorating. So bright and cheerful.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449

Nanasan is right it is a seed pod on a magnolia tree. It is so awesome how the seeds start to pop out of the pod

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Jane - very fun story.

All caught up to here. Should have some photos to share tomorrow.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI

Linda...hope Bob feels better soon! Glad everyone is looking after you too.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI again.

Got about 1/2 my labels made. Kind of a chore going through all the files again and finding pics that fit in the labels. It's all good though, reliving the games!

Missa have fun van shopping tomorrow...hope you come home with what you want!

Night everyone!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Hi! Just got back from AZ. BBL

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Heather4859

Wow! I am away for a couple of days and y'all get busy.
It's late so I will try to catch up tomorrow.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Heather how was the warmth?

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Good morning!

Lori thanks for the van wishes. I know I'm being kinda crazy about getting everything done so early, but a lot of women are put on bed rest here because there is no NICU. I know I'm healthy and taking care of myself and the munchkins, but you never can tell. Not to mention it'll be nice to have this done.

Linny I'm glad to hear you have so many people looking in after you. When I was seven months pregnant with G DH was gone for a month doing interviews in the southwest. Everyday someone else was checking in on me. It was nice, but all I really wanted was to go to work, go to the gym, and eat ice cream. I hope Bob is feeling better soon. Poor thing.

Heather how was your trip? I'm heading down there today, all business though, boo.

Denise when I get back I'll put together the diaper info, I'm afraid I ran out of time before this trip.

Thanks for the compliments on the dining colors. DH was a little nervous when I showed him my inspiration, but now that the chairs are recovered and he's seen the furniture makeovers I'm planning he's kinda liking it. I can't wait to get into the house. The previous owners will be out in another week and a half. They have lived there for 38 years and it didn't seem right to rush them even though it's atypical for someone to still be in the house after closing.

I'm not bringing my laptop with me on this trip, I hoping it's a quick trip, but probably I won't be home until Friday.

Take care everyone!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Morning!

The trip was great. It was high 60's to mid 70's there. Our friends live outside of Phoenix, in a city called Surprise. Got lots of pics to get off 2 cameras and a few on my phone too.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good day!

We're getting another storm tomorrow....this is supposed to be sleet, snow, hail...and will leave us ice over! There is no way I'll be able to go to the theater on Friday. I would be so frightened of falling....just thinking about it brings so much anxiety. Need to talk with my gf.

Just got a call "out of area" came up on phone. A man, who called once before, with a very thick accent is saying he is from microsoft and someone is trying to hack into my computer. He is asking me to turn on my computer so he can do something. I told him what he could do, with or without, a computer and slammed the phone! Geez

The call got me so upset, I forget now what I was going to post....bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Linnny

Okay Missa, not to worry. BTW, DD is in the same mode, hurry up and get it all ready. I think its the nesting instinct many moms feel. I had to go on bed rest and the only reason given was to prevent early labor, nothing was wrong or amiss, they just wanted me doing nothing for the last 6 weeks to keep them in as long as possible. They were two weeks early but it was a scheduled C-section cause DD was breech. They were pretty much full-size 5.7 and 6.8 I myself a full-term only weighed 5.2 and dgd was a week early and was 5.10. My singleton was 6.13 so we don't have big babies generally speaking. If I hadn't had to go on bed rest and eat out of boredom I don't think I would have had so much weight to loose at the end. Good luck to you on no bed rest.

Thought I'd share the bedding DD chose. I will be attempting to paint chevrons on one accent wall in some of the colors most likely the greens, orange, the med blue, yellow and maybe red. She got an extra bed skirt to make a valance and dark blue fabric for the actual curtains. Should be a cute room.

the grandson's bedding By Rockmom

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Afternoon!

Spent the day with my Lexie and will probably have her tomorrow provided schools don't cancel. She has been staying a few days with my dad. My brother had surgery a few weeks ago and had to go in a couple days ago to have a cyst removed. He's getting around kinda slow.

Linda....I think I would have been right there with you on the phone call deal. Sounds fishy to me. I miss being able to slam a phone down, mine are all the charger kind of phones.

Waiting patiently on time to head to the rink. DH just called (he's up that way) and said it was snowing and icy there...joy! I sure hope we get hammered tonight, after I get home of course!

Denise....my first girl was 8.9 and I gained 100lbs. The last 2 were in the mid 7lb range. With Uriah I gained the least, I think around 45-50lbs.

OK...so it's finally snowing here, and coming down good.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WooHoo....staying home tonight.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

oh Lori, your DD was a big girl!! Glad you get a night off - time for jammies and hot chocolate, or do you like hot chocolate?

Yeh Linda, sounds fishy to me too! Glad you have so many looking after you. Hugs.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

I do like hot chocolate, and we have some!!! Whipped cream too!

Just came in from shoveling part of the drive. Very powdery and light. I suspect we have about 4 inches so far.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Whew acu!
Linny, hope hubby feels better soon. I am sure missing you makes it worse. Glad you have so many looking out for you. I am with Lori, I miss being able to slam a phone down and that call was "stinky" to me, too.
It was cold and rainy all day yesterday and again today. I've heard we are in for more "winter" weather this weekend coming in on Thursday. I hope not. I am suppose to see Jack for a checkup Thursday. Having some issues I want to consult with him about.
Need to get off of here.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI again.

5.5" for us so far. Many school closings already. I suspect if it continues through the night we will be closed also. Our township checks at 4am before they make the call usually. DH and I finished shoveling, I don't know how he gets it to look so smooth. I went ahead and cleaned my car off too.

Carolyn....we are expecting more snow this weekend also...2-4 as of now they say.

Calling it a night....have a great evening.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Feb. 2014 POD #1 & Mini #10 S By 2xblessed

Good Night Ladies!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning.

Miserable morning here. Freezing rain and a lot of power outages. My power has been blinking on and off for about an hour, Made my coffee or else I'd be really miserable.

Take care Missy.

Linda, I agree. I would have hung up on that guy.

It's really pretty with ice and snow on the trees. I would take a picture but I am so sick of snow I don't want to. There will be plenty of pictures from me in the spring In the meantime I am going to take more pictures of the updates in my house.

Stay warm everyone except for the luckies in warm weather.

Edited by lgtaylor100 on 02-05-14 04:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning! Cold and gray here! Think I am going to crawl under some covers and get some more zzzz's!
BBL

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning...woke up early. It's been freezing rain since 2 am.....I'm feeling trapped in the apartment. Just want to take my shopping cart and hit the avenue to get some veggies and browse. Go away nasty weather!!!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Sounds like you all are getting hit with a nasty storm. It's cold but clear here. I was listening to the radio this morning, and the announcer was saying how Manitoba usually gets 12 days of -30C weather in a normal Dec/Jan, and we've had 21 already, and February is looking like it's supposed to be extra cold as well. The groundhog predicted an early spring, but somehow, I think he's going to be wrong.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning!

We got our school's cancelled call at 5 this morning. Got to crawl back in bed and sleep in. It's snowing again here, maybe gonna get another inch or 2 throughout the day. I cleaned my car off. Couldn't even tell I did it last night 3 times, lol!

Finally got my shower and laundry in the dryer. Now trying to decide what to do for dinner. I think pancakes sound yummy (and easy).

Uman has been playing his xbox all morning, online with my brother. Its too funny seeing him with his head set on talking. He thinks he's something!

I hope to work on my bear LOTS today, we'll see. I only have the body to go, limbs & ears are done.

Linda....I sure hope the weather cooperates and you can get out with your girl! I'll be bummed if you aren't able too.

Lynne.....Can't wait to see your Spring pics. I so love snow but after a few pics....well, it all looks the same.

Krista.......what have you been up too? Another project? Resting your knee? Reading.....yes, that's probably it! Reading while resting your knee.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori... a little bit of all of the above! Reading, resting the knee and the tummy scars, and working on a few projects.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

JCI

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to 2xblessed

My first photo and it is a V for the mini challenge...

V is for Victim By Frau_Cooney

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Wake up sleepyheads!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

lol, morning Lori!
I cannot believe my eyes!!! It is snowing! Again! Third time this year. Did someone move me to Alaska or Canada while I was sleeping? I have lived here all my life and I can't remember it ever snowing on 3 different occasions in one Winter.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn....this is certainly an odd Winter. We (Indiana) are now at the 4 snowiest Winter. I think around 10" away from the 1st spot. We almost always see some snow, usually just enough to cover the grass at a time though. It's been flurrying here most of the morning.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Carolyn - thanks for the chuckle.... it snows more in Canada than just 3 times! LOL

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to KristaDee

Hi all! I am in Virginia and we have had a little snow, but I just got of the phone with my MIL in northern Indiana and she is buried. She told me that the many who plows her driveway had to come 10 times in the last month. I grew up in Vermont so I don't mind snow, but I don't think I could handle this winter up north!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Got me a rip roaring headache, this weather is weird. Three fronts converging, one from the N one from the S and one from the w = bad barometric pressure headache. sigh the sleet today looked like dippin' dots, very strange stuff. Its a snow sleet mixture called Graupel never heard of it. This winter has been weird, just weird. I hear ya Carolyn, sleet in Houston again for the third time this winter, weird...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to rockmom

Good day!

I got up early and spent most of the morning with my mail away pharmacy. They told me my insurance would not pay for Cymbalta. If I want it they will sent a 90 day supply for $581!!!!! After a zillion calls; frustration; headache...the problem was the pharmacy was billing the wrong insurance company! Plus the co-pay went from $30 to $70 because a generic was approved. And I could get the generic for $10!!!! Yep....I'll take the generic. Now I'm told they are going to expedite it.....I check my account online and nothing yet. I only have one week left of meds; my dr's office doesn't have any samples; and you can't just stop taking this med. Yep.....headache too.

Plus, the temps are in the teens and feels like 10 degrees, so we are frozen over. The pics of Manhattan and people trying to cross the streets last night gave me such anxiety. I really don't see me stepping out tomorrow. I feel terrible that my gf went and bought these tickets. I told her from the beginning I wanted to pay half...now I definitely want to pay. I know her dh will go with her.....but it's all so messed up.

Headache too.

Denise, hope your headache is feeling better....mine is starting to calm down, a bit

later gators

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Jane....is the MIL from the South Bend area? I'm in the middle of the state, Indianapolis.

Linda....we are at 10 today also. Tomorrow is sub 0 again. I just got notice from my insurance company that my policy doesn't meet the new requirements. They have another insurance option for my at better than twice my premium now! I am not happy at all! In reality it's more than twice what I'm paying now. Honestly I haven't paid much attention to all the new insurance junk. Didn't think I had to worry about it since I had it already. BLECK!!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

What's with all the headaches??? I have one too, but I think mine is from lack of sleep. Was a restless night, I always crank the heat on the bed before I head to bed, that way the bed is toasty warm when I crawl in. Then I turn the blanket down to the lowest setting. Well, I was so tired when I went to sleep, I forgot to turn down the blanket, woke up sopping wet, couldn't figure out why, dozed off and woke up again, even wetter.... still couldn't figure out why. When I finally got up this morning, I went to turn off the blanket, and there it was.... still on high! LOL So bedding is in need of washing today.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to KristaDee

Lori, yes, my MIL is in Elkhart, near South Bend.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lori, I follow this photographer on FB, he is hired by the USA Hockey and has put some pics on FB. thought you might be interested. Jeff Cable Photography.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise...yes thank you! I just searched him and found I have liked his page and follow him....didn't have get notifications checked though. Hopefully now I can see his posts!

Jane....that's about 3 hours from me.

Krista....been there done that with my warmer, lol! Lately I've cranked mine up to 7 all night because it's going out. I have a new one ready to go when it gives up!

OK....so I just finished the 1st season of Breaking Bad. Heard all the hype on how good it was and honestly, I had to make myself continue watching after the first 2 episodes. So far, it's just not my thing. I usually don't follow the crowds when it comes to TV. Hey, I've never seen one episode of Seinfeld or Friends either, lol!

Hockey tonight.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Good deal Lori, he does great work.

LOL, Lori, I didn't watch Breaking Bad, Seinfeld or Friends either. You are not alone there.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to rockmom

Got my goodies Lori! Thanks! Love them!
Ended up rescheduling my appointment with Jack. But, did talk to the nurse and she told him that I still have fluid that I can't get rid of to the point my leg is so tight it hurts to wear it. For those of you who are new to POD, I have been a below knee amputee since the age of 3 yrs. Anyhoo, she talked to him and he increased my Lasix for 2 weeks. If all goes as planned, I will drop by Tuesday to have blood drawn and see him Thursday. Have I mentioned lately that I love my doctor?!
Linny, I feel your pain and frustration with meds and insurance. You too, Lori!
I have yet to hear one person who has benefited from the "Affordable Health Plan". Everyone that talks about it says how much it is hurting them.
BBL

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to 2xblessed

Hi all.

Gotta a pic to share. All I remember is this was 32 ounces and had 5 different kinds of rum in it. Gotta love vacations...

February Photo Fun #1 By Heather4859

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

MMS

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics