Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: February Budget Challenge        (Topic#1593893)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the February Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Here is mine - really tightening my belt this month!
Budget: $30
Wishlist: Cricut matts, white cardstock, HS new goodies - stars, alphas, words, 'Believe' embellies
Twist: NOTHING else until I've made 6 projects!!! (I don't need anything anyway...)

Edited by SonjaC on 01-31-14 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

My DH would love for me to join this thread.... I think I will for a month anyway.

Goal: Under $50 I am already committed to a kit club that will come in the middle of the month so that will leave me about $10 not spoken for.

Wish list: ATG tape if it becomes necessary other than that there is nothing I need. Only paper I can't stay away from!!

Twist: nothing this time.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Welcome Sharon!
Since I always end up busting, I never tell DH I do this challenge... he'd want to see what I spent!! LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Hi Sharon!

As usual, I'm here.

Budget $75

Wish: I want 2 of the Prima doll stamps. I need the cowgirl and the mermaid. I'd love to find the SC feather wood veneer, some of the new SC enamel stuff (geo tags), white card stock, and I'm sure I'll edit for more in a while.

Twist: No paper. I really want paper, I so want paper. I have no more space to put paper.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Welcome Sharon!
Since I always end up busting, I never tell DH I do this challenge... he'd want to see what I spent!! LOL

I was just thinking the same thing Sonja!!!!

thank you for the welcome Kelly, I can see now that it is going to be hard staying on budget. You have already listed things I didn't know I needed!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I am here to share what I buy. I will set my budget higher and more realistic this month.

Budget $200

Wishlist $50 CTMH, $20 Copics, $130 misc

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I like that generic '$130 misc' Tina! And I want your budget too!

Edited by SonjaC on 01-31-14 04:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oh yes, Sharon, it's really hard sometimes! Kelly gets us the inside scoop on what new goodies have arrived at M's! She's a good enabler, but it's also fun to live vicariously through her spending - when she spends!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to SonjaC

Me please can you believe I only spent $20 last month?

Only spent $10 on svg file and 10 on cardstock I am so proud of me lol

This month only spending $30 for cardstock and maybe some svg files

Cause Im not buying anything big till I use what I have and I must say working well so far.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to julie101

Here again and planning to not spend anything! I am at 24/100 pages for my personal no buy challenge.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
Here again and planning to not spend anything! I am at 24/100 pages for my personal no buy challenge.

Great Ideal I'm doing no buy but I always need cardstock

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

I'm here but I need to think on a budget.

umm Julie honey are you feeling okay? That is so not like you but I am proud of you

welcome Sharon!

Kelly - what is SC? I know I really shouldn't ask and I may be sorry but have to ask if there is something I might need out there.

Sonja love - Pot calling Kettle! LOL - have fun tomorrow and I heard there might be a chance that we may get the game on TV over hear - go Seahawks!

Tina - loving the strategy - up the budget so I do't bust. Seriously are you okay? I sometimes go through stages where I just don't care what I spend but that is usually when I am stressed out a bit. And then I can also go the opposite way and not spend a dang thing when I should be. hugs.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 02-01-14 03:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I am going to be so messed up this month. I forgot about the charity crop I'm going to in three weeks!!! They have stuff (paper) cheep as well as prizes, I usually don't have to spend $ to be in the prizes. I can only hope I win the 50/50 pot(I keep 50% the charity gets the other 50%), that is free $ right??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

yes - free money! And that never counts!

julie101
Diva
julie101

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I'm here but I need to think on a budget.

umm Julie honey are you feeling okay? That is so not like you but I am proud of you

welcome Sharon!

Kelly - what is SC? I know I really shouldn't ask and I may be sorry but have to ask if there is something I might need out there.

Sonja love - Pot calling Kettle! LOL - have fun tomorrow and I heard there might be a chance that we may get the game on TV over hear - go Seahawks!

Tina - loving the strategy - up the budget so I do't bust. Seriously are you okay? I sometimes go through stages where I just don't care what I spend but that is usually when I am stressed out a bit. And then I can also go the opposite way and not spend a dang thing when I should be. hugs.

Oh Tammy I know right but I need to use what I got just got a little out of hand

Plus hubby and I want to buy a bigger house so time to save some extra dollars up

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

I hear you Julie!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

Can I join in here? I'm finally able to get back to scrappin!

My budget is $20. I only really need some good cardstock, stickles, inks, stamps. Solids, Glitter, Metallic.

Being on such a limited budget this month is gonna be a huge challenge in and of itself.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to flutterbye0419

I am fine Tammy, just being realistic. May be the winter blues or all the new spring things coming out, but I am on a spending spree. I leave for Mexico tomorrow so that will help the scrap budget for at least 8 days Have a great week ladies.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

you have a blast in Mexico!

Hi Dawn - all are welcome to the enabler (oops I mean) budget thread!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Tina, have fun in Mexico!! I can just envision the layouts to come!

Yipe, the 2nd day of the month and I haven't spent any $ yet! Don't laugh, early morning morning online shopping is my downfall, especially on week ends! Besides my February kit came in the mail yesterday (pd for in January) so I feel like I have been shopping. I have one more package coming next week, also pd for in January.

If you want pictures of what I got I would be happy to "enable you" to see them.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

IF??? Sharon - enable away!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I go the new CTMH catalog today and i can tell you that my budget is not safe!
I will try to check in from the beach

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to tinadn

Ok I spent 50 cents on a heart card SVG file

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

nooooo Tina don't tell me that - I can't get CTMH heart here

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Julie you ARE gonna show us what you do with that svg file right?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Still hovering in my blue and green cloud after last night's beatdown... I may never come down!

Sharon - Charity never counts against our budgets! Our budgets are for personal use (and gain) so you are completely free to go wild at that crop! What a cool idea actually! Good luck! And I'm with Tammy, enable away!

Tammy - SHOOSH! Sharon hasn't seen me spend yet, I am a blank slate to her still! Hope you had a great birthday yesterday and that the game was on over there! (Bit one-sided, wasn't it? ) GAAH! I'm still so wired!

WELCOME Dawn!!! Glad to see you back to scrapping and I'm with you on the spending cuts! I'm really going to try... (Ignore my previous comments to Tammy, I'm really a good girl about spending! Really I am!)

Tina, hope you have a blast in Mexico!!!!

Julie - Hey there big spender! lol! Yes show us!

Now... for my weekend... I think we all know how yesterday went, but I was pretty good on Saturday - had a whole bunch of clearance things in my basket, but put them all back! (Someone pick Tammy up off the floor please... she fainted again!) I did get my HS letters though and one, yes one piece of white CS. I returned a $3 jewelry item I bought in Jan and got a couple more pieces of a very specific blue and green cardstock for a very important page I'm working on that relates to a very important win yesterday. SO all in, I spent $3! Go me!!
Budget: $30-3= $27
Wishlist: Cricut mattsFootball goodies, white cardstock, HS new goodies - stars, alphas, words, 'Believe' embellies

Oh, and one of the gals at the crop taught me a way to re-sticky Cricut matts so I'm deleting the matts from my list too and replacing it with a couple football items!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

well now that I have recovered - wow - Sonja!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I am going to be in big trouble!!! I had made the decision to totally redo my scrap studio, that I already knew... yesterday my bff came over and gave me a direction to start! As I was explaining were I wanted to go with the redesign she asked "Where are you going to put this stuff (she's not a scrapper) while you are painting and having the floor done?" When I pointed to my bedroom she gave me an I'll believe it when I see it look. BUT, as she thought about what I needed to make it all happen she said, "Why don't you purchase those cubes, place them against the wall in the bedroom like you will have them in here (studio) then remove all the items from the metal drawers into the cubes?"

I can picture it now!!! Purchase without getting rid of anything........yet. Once I do get this room cleared, then I can paint and have the floors done and since that is going to be a few months down the road, I will at least have the ugly, metal drawers that don't hide anything and it never looks neat or tidy in here, gone!

In the meantime, I purchased a $2 pack of 9 crochet doilies yesterday..... pink, white and red... On sale at M's

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

I actually had those doilies in my cart Saturday, Sharon!! Then I realized, what do I need with those anyway?!? LOL

You know we don't typically count storage and organization items, right? Just sayin'...

And I'm actually thinking having your stash stored in those drawers and cubes will help motivate you to get your room redecorated and done so you can move back in!

I found a football embellie yesterday...
$30-3=27-4= $23

Edited by SonjaC on 02-04-14 10:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sharon - we don't normally count that stuff - some loophole a long time ago I think that Sonja came up with lol (or maybe Kelly) but if I was planning on that I might be in trouble with the Moose (actually probably not really) I really need to start using up my paper stuff.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

That's good to know, I love loopholes!! UPS delivered my paper storage from scrapbook.com today (going from horizontal to vertical) and have started the moving process. The paper is staying in the room on a book shelf but the stacked paper holder is going away. Hoping my DIL will re-purpose some of these things into her scrap space.

Oh, and I have one of those doilies on a page now!! just waiting to be finalized and glued down!!

$50-$2=$48

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Sewflake

Hi ladies, I'd like to give this challenge a try after being MIA for half of last year. My budget is two-fold, depending if I get to Duluth or the Cities to do my scrappy shopping, since I live so far away from Michael's or my favorite not so LSS that's closing on 2/15.

At home budget:$20 A2 envelopes

Travel to Duluth/Cities budget $100: A2 envelopes, storage boxes, and anything I "need" at the clearance sale.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

welcome home! How is life treating you?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Okay not sure I actually set a budget so here it goes

Budget: £30 (I am saving for next month at the craft show)
Wish List: Nothing particular but just stuff I need to complete pages I am working on

And I spent 0.65 last night so 30-1=29 (cause we round here in case some forget and are looking for loopholes lol)

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Tammy- Life has been so crazy! Car accidents/work/life/holid ays eek. I'm trying to balance everything again and figure out what to do with myself. Ya know, the usual good stuff

On a scrappy note, why does sb.com have to tempt me with Deep Red Stamps and a free stamp? I don't need a new stamp or two. But I. Want. Some.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

eww car accidents bad - holidays good!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

Welcome back!!!!! I was waiting for you to add 'Oh MY' to your list of craziness there!

Glad you're back and being tempted as ever with goodies!

I'm being tempted too actually... my fave evilbay seller is having a big sale this weekend and all her stuff is 40-50% off!!

Okay, if I buckle down this weekend a complete four more pages, I won't bust my twist and I can spend! Can I do it??? hmmmmmm

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Yes you can but the real question is will you?

nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Batman!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hey I like our loopholes, but I don't think I created any of them. I think they were all here before me. Let's blame them on the elusive Alissa.

I'm still being good, but that may change soon. I need two of the Prima doll stamps and some of the new Prima resins, and some SC wood veneer.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Helloooooo ladies!! Hope all is well!! My scrappy budgeting has been amuck the past few months making up for lost time!! Lol. I hope to be back in March and busting like a champ. I have been doing pretty good about using what I have (except for my new obsession Cricut cartridges) lol.

Hope you all are well and I hope to keep up with what's going on in here

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Hi Katie!

Courtney, you're back!! Yay!! How is the baby? What's going on? I was looking for Scraputante the other day. Did the store close?

BTW, I think I'm close to busting. Let's show the newbies how it's done...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Dawn, I almost missed you. You snuck in like a scrapbook ninja.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Hi Courtney! Keeping up with you and Addie on FB but it is sure nice to see you here!

So I found a store called The Range here in Glasgow (albeit a bit far from me which may be a good thing). I had heard tell of this place from other friends in England and lo and behold there is one here. I am in trouble although I can finally replace some of the things I didn't bring like my rolling cart and my tool holder and and and....

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hi Kelly, yes Scraputante has closed. She has some stuff on etsy for sale but she has closed the store

Addie is doing great getting so big I can hardly stand it!! She is 7 months old now!! Sitting up, saying mama, dada and baba lol. Sleeping through the night. No teeth yet. And loving food!! Tonight she had Brussel sprouts and turkey meatloaf for dinner lol.

I am finally starting to scrap the hundreds upon hundreds of pictures I have taken

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

that is really too bad about scraputante - she always had some great stuff.

can't wait to see these Addie layouts!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

What a busy weekend! Whew... I need a weekend from my weekend!

COURTNEY!!!!!! Love seeing your updates on FB, but like Tammy said, SO fun to see you back here! I yield to the Queen of the Bust (though Kelly, Tina and I have been vying for Princess O'Bust while you've been out!) Get used to having TONS of photos yet to be scrapped... I have FOUR boxes of printed photos, never mind the 30-some-odd computer files of photos... UGH! Addie is so darn cute and growing like a weed! Wait till she's running around a little kid playground like Carlo was this weekend... I watched him jump gleefully into the ball pit over and over and over and wondered where'd my little baby boy go?! SO fun to watch them discover though! Are you gonna post your pages here so I can leave you some real love???

*snicker* Tammy I caught your Batman reference there... LOVED that the original Batman is a Seahawks fan! Heh heh heh The nerdy Hawk in me is SO proud!

Speaking of Princess O'Bust - WTG Kelly!! Of course that's only cuz Tina's on vacation and I have a TWIST holding me back (barely)!

I busted out four more pages this weekend!!! Bringing my total to 5 and now I'm thisclose to my TWIST!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

love the perky happy Seahawks fan here.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney 7 months already! wow, that went fast!!

My budget is still safe. I didn't see any scrapbooking stores in Mexico-LOL. DH did pick up a few teeny tiny shells on the beach and suggested I scrap with them. How sweet was that!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

I can't quite figure out how my budget is coming, while I have not spent any more money on regular scrapping supplies, not even adhesive, I have busted the budget on organizational supplies. I have all my new cubes and all the cropper hopper paper holders for reorganization, so if they are part of the loopholes then I'm in good shape but if not then I'm so far over it will take 6 months to get out of the hole!!! Not! I'll just up my budget for next month.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

organization is a great investment...my room is so bad, today i used the floor

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Tine you had me

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Sharon - it depends on you - most people don't count organization but some people count everything - it really is up to you!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Checking in and still safe! Got my football goodies in the mail yesterday! Now if I can get my cricut to work I can finish that page!

Sharon, totally up to you! I've been countin my organization, adhesives, etc because we as a family are on a tight budget at the moment due to my car needing repairs and I'm only allotted so much for everything. Normally, though, I wouldn't count storage/organization at all!

LOL Tina!!! I'm with you! I have no scrap space so I spread out on whatever I can! Desk, floor, couch, coffee table, dining table, cat tower, husband, son - you name it!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

And welcome back, Tina!!! Can't wait to see your vacay pages!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

30-1=29-6=23

some digital punches and a digital watercolour stamp set.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I have posted a few layouts in my gallery here Im currently waiting for Addie to wake up so we can go into the scrappy room for a bit I have done pretty well with not shopping too too much..

Sonja, Carlo is getting too big!! and he is adorable...it does go really really fast!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

had my Addie fix!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I wish I could just post a pic in this thread lol hold on ladies I will share her valentines pics she so lets me do anything to her lol

Addie Valentines day By Newtoscrapping2011

Mom can we be done now By Newtoscrapping2011

There are couple pics linked to each of these if you go into my gallery.....Hope you all had a great day..I am going to go do some shopping new prima just came in here....just saying

Edited by newtoscrapping2011 on 02-14-14 05:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Well, it looks like I will have a new room design with new paint color, but I will have to wait on a new floor! That is the least of what I was wanting for my room. I won't be spending anymore $ on storage containers, in fact I have not even wanted to spend $ on fun supplies this month! Wouldn't that be great if it lasted all year!! I guess just sorting and organizing is kind of like putting new stuff away.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

yes Sharon because you find things you forgot you had!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney love your avi and precious Valentine photos!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

I wasn't able to go to the Cities to shop at Archiver's before they closed, wahhhh. It's ok, since I know I would've bought a ton of stuff and DH would've been super ticked about me spending money. I do need to buy envelopes so I can make cards for the 6th grade raffle basket. Sigh. Maybe I can sneak in a trip to Duluth and get some scrappy shopping in?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

Aww thanks Tina! She is sooo much fun

I love reorganizing my stuff I always find papers and embellies that I forgot I had! It is like going shopping in your own stash. I have gone through and also donated so much because well I have too much lol.

I have t pushed the button on my shopping spree yet I'm waiting

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I haven't been to A's in months. I was bummed I couldn't buy some clearance.
I did spend $15 today at my Copic class.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

I am getting ready to blow my budget out of the water!! I got notice that my monthly kit is ready to shipping and needs to be paid. Then my CTMH charity crop starts on Friday, Operation Smile Crop. All profits are donated so kids can have operations for mouth deformities.
I know, charities don't count but I usually come home with lots of goodies!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

23-4=19 I bought a cool digit kit

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I paid for my C'est Magnifique kit plus a few extras. I guess I'm over budget. Next month I will have to take that kit into account for my monthly total!!

$50-$2=$48-$82= -$34

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I am here to share what I buy. I will set my budget higher and more realistic this month.

Budget $200

Wishlist $50 CTMH, $20 Copics, $130 misc

$20 Copic budget is gone. J's had an online sale with $1 shipping on Monday.
I also spent $14 at my Copic class on Sunday.
Haven't made a decision with CTMH yet but have been invited to a party the first part of March and may blow it then.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Sharon - you are now at least aware of some of your expenditures you need to budget for - that is always good!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hi ladies! WHEW! My three-day weekend turned into a four-day one thanks to Carlo's cold turning into an infection! I was hoping to avoid this cold season, but it caught us anyway! He was fine other than a cough and wheezing so we hit him with some antibiotics, vapo-rub, cough meds, humidifier and the nebulizer and he seemed not to be wheezing today. THANK GOD! I didn't mind missing work one day, but didn't want this to turn into the two-week 'sick time' last year was... UGH...

On the plus side, even with that cough he had a BLAST at the zoo on Monday with Momma, Dada, Tia and Abuela! He went strong all day, barely complained and really loved seeing the animals, especially the gorillas, giraffe, monkeys and the Komodo Dragon! He now has a stuffed 'Galalla' (gorilla), 'liber' (book, spanish is libro) and a new 'Swooooosh' (airplane) toy. Geez this kid is spoiled!

Anywho, I'm back and finished my fifth project for the month while he napped yesterday! Mommy napped too because her sinus infection just will not quit!

GAAH Courtney, she is SOOOOO darn cute!!!! LOVE that frilly red dress on her and the cute little hair clip! That's one thing I miss about having a boy... the cute little girlie goodies! (That and Carlo didn't get actual hair until very recently!) OMG, they grow SO darn fast!!! She let's you do what you want to her now, but just you wait until she starts becoming her own person! He was a little angel yesterday until after his nap... then it was like Dr. Jekyl came out! Everything was 'NO!' and screaming and throwing things. When he got a time-out, he'd just sit there and laugh at me! By the time Dada got home at 6 I was ready to hang him up by his pinkie toes!

Sharon, I can imagine going through all my stuff would be sort of retail therapy on it's own! Can't wait to see pix of your finished playroom!!!! I'm already ready to be insanely jealous! Yep, I learned real fast I had to factor in my SOD kit back when I was still getting them! *Sigh* I miss those kits!!!

Tammy, are we going to see some projects with your new kit??

Tina, I saw that J's shipping deal Monday, but the things I wanted weren't any cheaper than normal so I passed. Anyone else here shocked by that? Yeah, me too... car repairs will do that to ya.

That said, I'm tempted by the peachy deal today... love those BG vellum strips!! I have my sixth page laid out, but need to finish it so I can finally order stuff! (I may fudge it just a little for those vellum strips... )
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by SonjaC on 02-19-14 10:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja - my favourite dolly is posted in my gallery
with the new kit - very cool things

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

what???

! (I may fudge it just a little for those vellum strips... )

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Knew you'd like that, Tammy!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I'm all for fudge

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

me too but the kind you eat!

julie101
Diva
julie101

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Julie you ARE gonna show us what you do with that svg file right?

actually I never ended up using it lol was not working for me.

Today I spent $4 on cardstock

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

oh now that hurts!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hope Carlo is feeling better Sonja! I loved the photos from the zoo. I think it has been about a week since I created anything!! I need to get moving! Lol I just ordered 300 more photos lol. I'm never going to catch up lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Went to J's today. They had a lot on clearance but nothing I needed. I only bought an album at 40%off.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

good for you Tina!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I "won" a few things on Ebay. 2 CTMH stamp collections and a Cricut cart. $31

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

What cart Tina?

Ladies, I'm busting today... I'm just giving you a head's up here.... J's has their one-day $1.99 shipping with no minimum AND punches are 50% off! I've had the MS Train punch, We R tab punch and a couple others in my cart for ages, just couldn't justify them. Now... well... anyway, I already admitted I was busting. And I DON'T care! AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!!

Edited by SonjaC on 02-25-14 09:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

sigh...even I cannot condemn the Busty Queen for that!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Create a friend

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I so want a cutting machine but I am torn - cricut and all those carts or cameo - this is why I do not have one yet

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Tammy have you seen the new Cricut Explore? It's the best of both worlds. You can cut from cartridges or svg files.

Even though I am technically not playing I will share lol. I woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep so what did I do?? Scan evilbay lol. So I won 3 Cricut carts for $40. Create a friend, small talk frames&tags, and Cricut lite sweater weather :). So I just realized that my paypal payment went to ProvoCraft. Interesting they are selling on ebay.

So now I am done shopping until March

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney dear it is March on Saturday so shouldn't be much of a biggie now should it lol? Still good for you on the carts - surprised Provo Craft is selling on ebay though.

I imagine the explore is VERY expensive and may not be over here yet

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney I won Create a friend too, and just a bit ago Teresa Collins Dec. 25. I am trying to get a few more. Are you bidding against me? LOL

The Explore has only been available on HSN but will be available in stores soon. I am waiting tho in case it's a dud like the Imagine.

julie101
Diva
julie101

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I so want a cutting machine but I am torn - cricut and all those carts or cameo - this is why I do not have one yet

Go the cameo I love mine cricut is all great but us Aussie don't get to buy CCR digital and stuff so many free files for cameo and its not that hard to convert images to a cut file

Oh ladies I think I must be sick I haven't brought anything in ages and I have no go in buying anything.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to julie101

Lol Tammy....yes March is almost here. And my spending needs to be monitored haha!!! I need a little girl clothes budget challenge too!!!

The explore is $299 I believe and yes only available on hsn so far.

I have had a Pazzle for 3 years and a Cricut for about a month. While cutting your own files sounds intriguing, I have never done it. It's too much of a pain. I have used the Cricut more in a month than the pazzle in 3 years. It's just easier and since my scrappy time is limited it works for me. The explore just seems to me like a great compromise

Tina I hope we weren't bidding against each other haha!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well there may be an explore demo here in a couple weeks at the hobbycrafts show. My sil is coming up from Manchester and we are going. I like that it can do both - cartridges and you own designing and you don't have to change the blade! But it looks like when you convert to dollars it is over $600 us dollars on our shopping crafting channel here. Not going for that although I did a lot of looking at it online last night.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh and tons and tons of free files too

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I am NOT the Busty Queen! That's Kelly!

And I actually missed out on the deal... I got busy yesterday and then when i went to make the purchase at home, our internet was down!! Forces of nature against me! Curses! Oh well, they are still 50% off and if I use the 40% off on the one non-sale item I had in my cart, the difference between yesterday and today is about $1.50. I can live with that! Now... to hit 'buy'...

Tina, I'll be interested to see how you like Create a friend. I was thinking of that one...

Courtney, you'll LOOOOVE Small Talk Frames n Tags!!! I looove that one, though I haven't gotten to cut much since my Cricut and Gypsy are fighting.

Tammy, I've never used anything besides Cricut so I don't have an opinion either way. I do like the idea of cutting svg file images instead of just the carts, but like Tina, I'm going to wait until a) the price drops, and b) they work out any bugs. I don't have the space for a large cricut even though I want one! And I really want a Sizzix machine next! this scrapbooking obsession is dangerous! LOL!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Julie... are you feeling okay?!?

Edited by SonjaC on 02-26-14 10:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

ah but Sonja you are the Busty Queen of Loopholes!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

what sizzix machine?????????

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

lol Tina! Note I didn't even ask!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

oh no! Another Cricut cart, that is 3 in 3 days.
I've got a problem!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Okay, you got me there, Tammy... Wish I was busty tho at least...

No new Sizzix machine, Tina, I just don't have one of them. Okay I have the Sidekick which our dear Pat (Gentlewood Farms) once virtually slapped me for not using. But I'm really limited on what I can use with it. Plus I want to start embossing more...

Well you're among friends then, Tina! My record is 5 carts in one day on that evil site! (No, that is NOT a challenge!)

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics