Username Post: Question About Gallery Favorites        (Topic#1594999)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have over 700 LO's, cards, and scraproom ideas marked as Favorites and I would like to reduce that number down. Is there an easy way to do it and also........this is a little embarrassing to ask, will the gallery owner know I "unfavorited"?

LOL. Is that dumb? I don't want to hurt feelings!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-25-14 05:56 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

I would like an easy way to do that also (I have about 1200).

I am curious about the 'unfavoriting' too. Personally I don't think I would notice if someone unfavorited in my gallery on an older lo especially but I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to GMFTS

I don't believe there is an easier way than selecting each one individually and clicking on the Favourites button to remove it. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong!

But I really don't think anybody would notice. It's just one of 4 statistics against each upload, and unless someone keeps a spreadsheet it won't be noticed. You can't tell who "Favourited" what, either.

I use Favourites as inspiration. If I get round to lifting something, I remove it. I'm not going to lift it twice, and I always link to the original when I upload my lifts, so I will have a record.

I think leaving a nice comment is much more important anyway. I like going back to my old LOs and reading the comments.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to RedSquirrel UK

That's what I want to do, is just narrow my FAVS to LOs that I might lift an idea from. It will be easier to review them if there is not so many.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Go back to the item, and uncheck the favorites selection - that will remove it.

Roosterhead designs
Mayor
Roosterhead designs
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I wish there was an easier way to 'unfave' a post; but it doesn't look like it.
I update my fave's from time to time and thin out my categories~
As a matter of fact, I should join you!
My tastes change over the months and years; what excited me to push the "Favorite" button then, may have changed; or I've already 'lifted' what I want.
As far as I know, you are notified when I "Favorite" your work, but not when I unfav it. Of course the notice "Roosterhead designs marked your l/o as 'favorite'" WILL disappear from your/their user stream info. I checked a while back
I guess only those who keep watch on your favorites will know when it disappears~
Clean away! I say~

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Roosterhead designs

Right, I really just want to narrow to LOs that i might lift, I notice when I get Faved on a LO soon after Ive posted it but I would never notice if was removed. It will have to be a rainey day project.

Thank you everyone!

ddcmsmom
Expert
ddcmsmom

I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been wondering the same. One thing I've done to make it easier to browse my favorites is make some categories. I usually know how many photos I want to use in a layout, so I've been categorizing favorites based on the number of photos each has.

I'm trying to either add a comment or vote when I "unfavorite" a layout.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to ddcmsmom

Well, if I've favorites, then I've already commented and voted. Although sometimes I forget ito vote, my bad! So that I won't have to do. Good point about organizing I just need to decide some categories for myself.

Perhaps:
Hmmmmmmmm

Maybe I should just use the new notes field.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

So my question is how do you link one of your faves to your gallery page? Like if I lifted something, id like to give credit where due...Rosey can u help here?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Juansmom

If I need to do something like that, I just copy the link to the lifted idea and put the link in part of the description of my own page.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Juansmom

I just put the Username and the Title of their LO in my disruption. I don't know if SB likes links, but that would not be a external link?

Janetone
Veteran
Janetone

I've been a member here for three years and I only have about 5 favs. I just don't want to over load my page.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

you do know that you can put categories there don't you? I have thousands of favs. I do have the by category...topics, boy, girl, baby, each season has the holiday in it. vacation, sketches, etc

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

Well, I did know but I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure I know how. I need to use that feature as well.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

don't feel bad at all..just ask here how to do it.

when you click on a layout in your favs..where it says my favorite..I think it is pink. IT is near the top right. under that fav that is pink...it says categories..click that. you have a place to add each thing.. I have one for disney, school, sports,heritage, etc..lots of them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

don't feel bad at all..just ask here how to do it.

when you click on a layout in your favs..where it says my favorite..I think it is pink. IT is near the top right. under that fav that is pink...it says categories..click that. you have a place to add each thing.. I have one for disney, school, sports,heritage, etc..lots of them.
just try it

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

THANK YOU so much! That should help a lot!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

well..I want to thank you for asking...When I was putting some of mine that were not categorized yet..I remembered that my heriage one was way too full..2000..I have been categorizing them. It is so much easier to find them now,.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still sorting my heritage ones.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

still working on sorting my heritage ones...I did have a lot

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

Wow you DO have a lot! I have barely started but like I said it's a rainy day project. I appreciate you helping me!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

you are welcome.. do not feel bad about deleting them.. I did a bunch too. no one knows you did it

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to anda11

Actually you can see who used "favorite" if you view your personal activity stream. The tab right next to the friend's activity stream.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vivian Lake

Yes, that way you can see who "favorited" one of your LO's. BUT it does NOT show that you UN-favorite a LO.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics