Username Post: May 3rd NSD So excited!!!        (Topic#1595031)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

OMG Didn't realize that National Scrapbook day is almost here again!!! I so can't wait!!!!!

What do ya'll do for the day?

I plan to do the online crop here which is always so much fun!!!! Also need stock up on snacks and such in hopes the fam won't bug the daylights out of me. lol

I can't wait till sb.com starts giving hints!!!! The wait always kills me!

Expert
In response to Cindyckj

I'll be sitting on my bottom through 2 little league games...sigh...of all of the days that my boys are not playing at the same time...! Luckily I should be home by 2 so I can spend the rest of the afternoon scrapping here at home. I know of at least two different crops I'd love to be at that weekend, but that probably won't happen (which is fine with one of them because they don't have Wi-Fi so I couldn't still participate on here then!)

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Cindyckj

I'm hoping to be here.. it's always fun.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sunnydi

I'll probably poke my head in and see what's up,,,if any of the challenges look like fun I'll join them,,,,,if not, I'll just enjoy some card making

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to CommaHolly

How does the online crop work? I may be around and that sounds like a lot of fun!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-27-14 05:03 PM
In response to lifethroughalens

I don't think I've scrapped since the last one!! I got a new job last year around that time, which is good but it's also INTENSE and I'm learning a LOT. I just haven't found my balance yet. I definitely want to participate again, tho, I love the challenges!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to stick

This will be my 4th year I think of actually participating.

They usually have several challenges that you have a certain amount of time to complete and then you post pics on a certain thread.

I've always had lots of fun and everyone is so nice!

Edited by Cindyckj on 03-28-14 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Cindyckj

What are the on line challenges like? I've never done NSD here before.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to bonprof

There was an organization one with photo's. One was Home, One was to make a page from a sketch. There was one with washi tape and one with misting. There was. Think there's an all week mini album kind of thing too.

Every year they are a little different I think. But you use your own papers and supplies and such.

But the closer we get to the day the more we'll find out about what we might need I think.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Cindyckj

I loved last year because you had all day to complete the challenges. It was the first year I was able to be a part of it because of the longer times to complete them. I hope they do it like that again this year.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to andrea m

Yah that was nice for sure

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Cindyckj

Guess what? May 3rd I will be up in the mountains at a 3 day retreat!! Yay!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to bonprof

I'm always here and it's always a blast! Can't wait!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to cindy312

I did the ScrapJazz challenges last year instead of these, but I came in at the end and incorporated all (all? most of?) the challenges here into just one LO. 'Cos I'm a bit of a nerd like that, and I had my scrap on by then.

Here it is:

Gallery Inspiration Round 9 - Hair By RedSquirrel

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Hope I don't have to work a double like last year n miss all the fun... :-(

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Juansmom

i'm ready for NSD...well emotionally ready. NSD means spring which would be nice.

i should start printing pics now!

this will be my 5th year at sb.com for NSD. it's always on the calendar and all the guys know to stay away.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Lamoo12

I hope to get a challenge or 2 in that day. But it will be a crazy day with DS3 having a competition in the morning and prom that night. I have had a blast playing the past few years tho.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to tinadn

I personally would like to see some or WEEKEND or WEEKLONG challenges...for those of us who have to work!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Juansmom

They usually have 1 all week challange. But who knows this year. But I hope so.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-03-14 10:24 AM
In response to Cindyckj

Info and supply lists are coming soon.... stay tuned ;-P

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Kels

This is the 1st year I remembered to request off at work- so I am hoping to get involved and play along- even tho I don't know how!!

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 04-03-14 11:30 AM
In response to Kels

Hope to do some scrapping!! Right now we have 3 soccer and 1 tee ball games that day. blah

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to poi

I always have a conflict. This year it is going away for an anniversary night away. So, at least that is fun, if not scrappy.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Kels

Oh yay! Thank you thank you Kels!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:
Info and supply lists are coming soon.... stay tuned ;-P

whoo hoo!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Lamoo12

I wish I had an idea now as to what the pics needed to be as walgreens has a 9 cent picture deal right now. lol

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-04-14 10:11 AM
In response to Cindyckj

Here's the INFO :)
http://www.scrapbook.com/blog/view/371167.html

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Kels

OH Boy!!!!!I have always sb by myself but I ordered a ton of stuff from joanns and it came in last week plus I hit m's two weeks ago (can u tell the tax $ came yet) so I might invite ally a girl from my apt s office over she told me she scraps too!!!QUESTION: how do I call her and ask her to come over without seeming needy??? don't have any friends I am a sahm and rarely get out (of course she does not know that)
now I really doseem needy - BLAH!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Cindyckj

I am not sure what I am doing yet. I have done it here a few yrs. Last yr I went to a crop. I will have to talk to my friend.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Kels

Thank you again Kels! Awesome as always and already posted a few questions. lol

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Cindyckj

I just watch the information for this year NSD challenges. I might try some of these new challenges out. This will be my second year doing the challenges. I'd fun last year. I think I did about three or four layouts.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to justartguy007

I have my regular monthly crop that day, but there is no internet signal and I'll be leaving before the challenges are posted.

It's tempting to bunk off and work on the challenges at home instead, but I can't really do that on NSD can I?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Kels

I wish NSD lasted an entire week! Of course, that means I'm grateful for the big weekly challenge. I try to complete that each year. However, since it can take me months to finish 1 LO anymore, having a longer opportunity to complete a challenge would be great.

And now that Princess had her say, I really liked the extension on challenges to 2 hours last year. That really is reasonable, considering all the prep work we're clued into in advance.

If I'm able, I'll play.

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten
In response to Kels

Scrapbook.com is one of my favorite NSD challenge places. Love it! And this year I'm aiming for finishing the weeklong challenge, for the first time. lol!

Looking forward to it!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to paperpilekitten

Has there been any "official" notice and update from sb.com yet? I've been looking around on the site (as much as I can at work ) and haven't seen anything yet.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to meezerpleaser

http://www.scrapbook.com/blog/view/371167.html

Here's a list of the challanges

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Cindyckj

I can't wait!!!! I put it on the family calendar in big red letters, letting DH know he has to take the kids somewhere for the day)) LOL))) just leave me to scraaaaaap!!!

Veteran
In response to mindygail

I would just make a cute little card using my scrapbook goodies and take it over to her, inviting her to come celebrate NSD! That doesn't seem needy to me.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Mimiof123

I'm like a little kid! "Are we there yet?" lol

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Cindyckj

fun

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 04-26-14 04:07 PM
In response to southern lady

so bummed. Thought I would be able to get a page or two done. But as it goes with kids, 1 tball game, 1 soccer game and 1 soccer tourney all right smack during the day. Boo LOL

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to poi

From what I can tell, I celebrated NSD for the last 4 days. My energy has been way up and, if I get chemo tomorrow, I'll be in no shape to participate next Sunday.

My prize= getting some scrapping done.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to MommaSaid

Think positive Anne! Hopefully you'll feel good and able to get in some challenges! Hugs

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cindyckj

Anne, I'm glad you've been feeling good and have managed to scrap. The date is unimportant. Hey, I had a birthday meal out last night and my birthday is not till Thursday. But I share my birthday with my MIL (yup - that could be a recipe for disaster couldn't it? ) and they're away so we brought it forward. No biggie.

Good luck for the chemo and I hope it doesn't pull you down as much as you fear.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Anne Great to hear you have been feeling well. I hope you are able to participate some on Saturday.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to tinadn

Thanks, Cindy, Rosey and Tina!

*I'm pretty sure I will still hang out here on May 3rd. I will just take the more relaxing option of watching the gallery refresh every ten seconds.

* Rosey! Happy Four Days Before your birthday! May Day! How fun is that?

Tina, I'm going to try, even if only social.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kels

i am trying to get it off so i can be here

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ChansGram

This year I am going to be working on some things. I am going to be cutting some things on my cameo. I am also in the process of organizing my cutting files on my computer so that I can save them. I have done NSD here & it was always so much fun.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to southern lady

I have only 6 photos (all one event) so I will scrap them and then go on to some mixed medium in my ever expanding art journal!!!
(sounds silly but I plan on cleaning today so I will have a full day ready to play tomorrow) no stopping me now!!haahaaha!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mindygail

Sadly I have a sick kiddo who's home again from school today. His grandpa is gonna watch him while I pick up some pics and get the monthly groceries! And i'll be ready for tomorrow but so grateful the challenges are all day don't have hour time limits.

mazuka
mazuka 
Resident
mazuka
In response to Cindyckj

I have a sicko kiddo too plus I've come down with a sinus cold. I hope to be here but not sure how much I will get done.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mazuka

sorry you guys are sick!!! that sucks. well I will happily scrap for you- haha!
my kids are spending the weekend with me !!! (difficult situation to explain)

good luck and God bless you and your kiddos!!
mg

Expert
In response to mindygail

Yah for me??? I was supposed to have two baseball games tomorrow (one for each boy), but my youngest just got diagnosed with Pink Eye tonight so no game for him tomorrow!!! I really don't want to miss my oldest's game because tomorrow is the first game where the kids start pitching a couple of innings and he's probably one of their best options for pitching. But if I have to miss it at least I will have some fun scrapping to do!!! ...makes up for me missing my Stampin Up demo's Stamp Club tonight...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to HuskerMom98

my morning just freed up Whoot Whoot!!

zbelly_32
Veteran
zbelly_32
In response to tinadn

I can't wait to get started in the morning.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to zbelly_32

I am first goimg to work on the "don't contemplate" challenge with stencils and mists!! but where do I turn Ir in????

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics