Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: April Photo Fun        (Topic#1595099)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO APRIL 2014 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo you will see LINK (there will be a Facebook & Pinterest button next to it). Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: April 28th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 28th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

April Minis:

1 - gold
2 - flower
3 - foolish
4 - round
5 - made it myself
6 - dirty
7 - running water
8 - selfie
9 - favorite pastime
10- wood

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks Lori!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

I'm in.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to KristaDee

I'm in.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to lgtaylor100

I'm in

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Charris449

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hey everyone! Sorry I missed the end of last month. My MIL popped in for a quick visit. It was great to have a surprise guest.

Lori I'm sure Uman will come around to the fab world of veggies soon enough. I make a cheese sauce using skim milk and fat free cheese. You bring the milk to a slow boil, thicken it with flour then melt the cheese in. It needs a little seasoning, but G loves it on her food. Do you have a Bountiful Baskets in your neck of the woods? It's a produce co-op and we get giant baskets of fruits and veggies from them the organic is $25 and the conventional is $15. The basket is the size of a round laundry basket and everything is fresh and lasts. We participate every other week and I don't buy much produce at the grocery anymore. Just random odds and ends that weren't in the basket.

April is going to be my month for photos. I can feel it. Things here are kind of in a rhythm now and most of the crazy has settled down.

Have a great day everyone!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa...I've never heard of Bountiful Baskets but that doesn't mean we don't. I do know there are some delivery places like that....will check into it. ****I did check and nope, not in my state. I did see where it is available in 22 other states though.

Denise.....DD didn't approve of the quality at IKEA. I didn't either on the baby furniture. We didn't leave empty handed though. I spent $50 on items I didn't need, she did too, lol! I did find 2 narrow shelves for U's room I was glad to get.

We had a good lunch also. I did treat Uman to calamari but he had to share with DD and I. He chose salmon & green beans on his own.

Jungle Jims was fun. I found everything on my list there. At the top was Vanilla Bean Paste. Really I was surprised to find it so I bought 2 jars. I also found coconut butter. And of course I brought back some Yuengling (beer) as it's not available in IN. DH was happy. Neither of us are really beer drinkers but this stuff is good, occasionally. My dad digs it too so I'll share some with him. DD got a case for her DH too! We got home 3 hours earlier than I expected.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF... Mr. U and the baby's mama...hehehe!

Fun in Cincinnati By Desilu3131

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

I'm in

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

Evening all.

So just a question for you all.... any of you live close to the International Peace Gardens? It's a place right on the US/Canada border and apparently has beautiful flowers - I'm hoping to convince my in-laws and Jeff and boys to go there this summer, and I thought that if any of you lived close, it would be great to meet.

http://www.peacegarden.com/

Edited by KristaDee on 03-31-14 03:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista...that looks like it would be fun! The only one I know remotely near is Judy (lovesranchlife). And yes, I think U is secretly excited. But at his age he likes to be indifferent and like "whatever", lol! He did say he will not be doing diaper duty!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Krista, its about 500 miles from me, so not too close. I think Lori is right, Judy would likely be the closest

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Congrats Sandra!!! You were the March favorite photo! I still have your addy.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night all!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Nope Krista but I have been there several times on mu way to fishing trips in Canada. Pretty area.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Spent 6 hours in the yard today then went to taco bell for a burrito and then to wally world and home depot for more potting mix, some marigolds to plant near the tomatoes , 4 more tomato plants, cucumber seeds, basil seeds and fencing to keep the durn cats outta my garden - they seem to think its their personal litter box. UGH Hope to spent the rest of the week working outside getting the yard and gardens in order. Allergies seem to be letting up some now. wow! SOOO happy about that. We shall see what all that time outdoors did to them tomorrow.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

oh yeh, CONGRATS Sandra.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Hey, yall? I have a ton (more than 10) of flower photos I took at the Mercer Gardens a week ago. I can't pick just one, are ya'll up for looking at them? No one would be expected to comment on them all. I thought you might enjoy them. I hope to go back in a few days and get some more too. I love flowers and these are grown by volunteer Master Gardeners. Way say you?

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to rockmom

Hi all. I'm in for April. Congrats Sandra! I'm on vacation in Florida, visiting my parents. Sick as a dog. Taking lots of photos!

Rock mom (my cheat sheet of names is at home!) I'd love to see all the flower pics.

Lori, I got an Ikea delivery the day before vaca. Can't wait to get home and put it all together! 3 book cases. A desk for scrapping, nightstands for the kids, and a desktop set for holding pens, etc. eek! Almost can't wait to go home. Almost. :-)

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Frau_Cooney

good morning

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to KristaDee

Wow! Thanks!

Count me in for April!

Denise, would love to see your pictures! I love pretty gardens...I have the fever to work outside but it is wet today! May get out for awhile anyway! DH is out and about...his brother is having back surgery this morning in Longview so he and a friend went there and of course to play golf after lunch! So I have a nice quiet day by myself! What to do what to do??!!

Frau, feel better so you can enjoy your vacation!

Get those cameras out and start snapping!

No fooling!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to nanasan

Hi all!

Been busy in the kitchen this am and just got home from picking up Uriah's shot record for the new pediatrician we see tomorrow.

Jane....I feel like crud too....must be a sinus thing. I think Uman has it also. I found tons of stuff I wanted at IKEA, I just brought back piddly stuff though.

Denise...do show! And I giggled when I saw your comment on the kids. You are right about the clothing. I didn't even notice but it sure was a swap!!

Oldest DD is coming over and we are meeting my dad for lunch. Then we are hitting a really nice used baby store that sells lots of new things too. It was boutique-ish when I checked it out the other day.

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan

Beautiful day today! Humid!
One to share. Anyone know
their butterflies? This one
was very pretty. TFL!

April Photo Fun - POD #! By Nanasan

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
Hey everyone! Sorry I missed the end of last month. My MIL popped in for a quick visit. It was great to have a surprise guest.

Lori I'm sure Uman will come around to the fab world of veggies soon enough. I make a cheese sauce using skim milk and fat free cheese. You bring the milk to a slow boil, thicken it with flour then melt the cheese in. It needs a little seasoning, but G loves it on her food. Do you have a Bountiful Baskets in your neck of the woods? It's a produce co-op and we get giant baskets of fruits and veggies from them the organic is $25 and the conventional is $15. The basket is the size of a round laundry basket and everything is fresh and lasts. We participate every other week and I don't buy much produce at the grocery anymore. Just random odds and ends that weren't in the basket.

April is going to be my month for photos. I can feel it. Things here are kind of in a rhythm now and most of the crazy has settled down.

I have tried Bountiful Baskets. Overall I like it (even with our allergies) but until recently there was only one delivery day at a bad time for me.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
Evening all.

So just a question for you all.... any of you live close to the International Peace Gardens? It's a place right on the US/Canada border and apparently has beautiful flowers - I'm hoping to convince my in-laws and Jeff and boys to go there this summer, and I thought that if any of you lived close, it would be great to meet.

http://www.peacegarden.com/

11 hour drive for me. Darn! We dried off the goats so we could camp a little this summer and not be tied to home every single day.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Greenacres

Hi Sher! I thought about you too for Krista's question. I didn't think you were very close....yay, I was right!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

to all the answers of how far you are all away. I was hoping it would be close for at least a few of you. LOL

It almost made it to 0C today... that's 32F. Slowly but surely, we will find spring.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista....it was a beautiful day here today. I think it was near 60. It was windy enough to blow my wig off though had I had one on, lol!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I forgot to mention that I bought the very first baby thing today! A few days ago I went into a nice 2nd had store (I told you that). Today after we had lunch with my dad we ran over to the shop. DD really liked the stroller I told her I saw and OK'd me to get it (like I needed the OK). It's mostly black & grey but it has some pea green dots on the hood. Sounds ugly but it's cute. It was used but I don't think it was ever used. Not a scratch/smudge on it and the wheels looked brand new too! I did find out that that it being a Graco (sp) brand that most of that brand of car seat will attatch to the top too. I felt like I got a good score today for $35 and DD's approval too, lol!

Uriah sees his new pediatrician tomorrow (wish us luck)! He got on our scale early today and I believe he has lost some weight already. I wish I had weighed him at home after last week and compared him to the sports DR's scales. He was 222 there and today at home he was 211. I'm not sure I believe that totally. I've made sure to tell Uriah to remind me to come right home after DR tomorrow so we can compare our scales.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi everyone!

Sher it's good to see you! How's your family doing?

Jane I hope you feel better.

Denise share away

Sandra congrats

Krista I'm super far away, but I would love it if sometime in the future we were able to meet.

Lori I am all about used gear. Nice score. Bummer about the bountiful baskets. I hope the appointment for Uman is a good one.

I had an appointment with an ultrasound today. The boys both look great and I'm just counting the weeks until we meet them.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Denise' love to see all the flower pics and Frau, love to see your IKEA set up

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night everyone!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Busy 2 days. I cleaned out and amended 6 garden beds. Built a trellis for some cucumbers, planted said cukes, planted 70 green bean seeds, planted 15 tomato plants, and some marigolds, watered and feed all new plants, bleached and cleaned 9 or 10 planter pots/buckets, filled them w/ drainage rock and potting mix, pulled some weeds, talked to all three of my kids, and got rid of some monkey grass - more to come out, built a temporary fence around a garden bed, spread diatomaceous earth on some fire ants - got three stings, raked up leaves and sweet gum tree balls - they don't all come off until the new leaves come on and we have some oaks that don't lose their leaves until the new comes in too, swept the patio and sidewalk, stored unused tomato cages and planters, filled a giant garbage bag with sweetgum balls and leaves, drank several liters of water and sweat it all out - it was over 80 and humid, listened to the doves cooing and the cardinals singing and the nuthatches and mockingbirds. Killed 3 spiders crawling on me 0 shudder, I HATE spiders, shudder. Showered and collapsed on the couch to watch 2 NCIS shows and waited for DS to bring DH home after the Astros opening night game - they beat the Yankees, its a miracle after losing 111 straight games last season.

All that after making a strategic error last night - having a coke with dinner. NO caffeine after 2 pm or I don't sleep! I have been awake now for 48 hours. Here's hoping for sleep tonight...

Left to do: finish raking and bagging debris from the entire back yard, clean out 4 flower beds in front and side yard, rake and bag other side yard, clean out garage, wash windows, make grocery list for DH, move unused firewood on patio back to to stack, paint the entry hall, paint inside DDs built-in cabinet doors, help DD with baby's room and shower stuff after shower on Saturday, take baby belly pics of her and her DH - only 6 weeks to go on Saturday. whew!!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Mercer Gardens - 2014 By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Merecer Gardens - 2014 By Rockmom

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to rockmom

JCI
I hope to get things straightened out and be up and running soon.
Been super stressed out the last few days. We had a bad storm come through here Friday evening, leaving a lot of destruction behind. I was very blessed in that the only thing that I had to deal with was no electricity for 72+ hours. Just got it back on around 10 last night. I had some major flashbacks from the tornado that came through here 2 years ago this month. Some friends had major damage this time, no injuries as far as I know.
Then I go online to pay my cellphone bill and my Debit card is refused. I could only call the cellphone people because they had blocked all other calls. I call them and they try to do a check over the phone. It was declined, to. I finally manage to get in touch with a friend via FaceBook and she comes over and I used her cellphone and call my bank. Because of a scam (which I knew about but did not fall for) all cards and e-checks are frozen until further notice. Really not a happy camper right now.
Good Night Ladies!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to rockmom

Hi everyone -
Been MIA for a few days. We went to Long Island, NY this weekend for Ryans's birthday, He was 5. It was a great party at a place called Pump it Up which is similar to Bounce U if you are familiar. Ryan and Jake had a great time, Emmy looked adorable. We babysat Saturday night, Kelly put Emmy to bed first. Ryan did one of the puzzles we got him, a 48 piece children of the world puzzle. He did it mostly himself but if we gave him a little hint, he said "thanks guys". So cute. We also played the fishing game. So fun; pictures to come. I can't believe he is 5 already.

On Monday we had nice weather and I went for a little walk in Newtown, Pa. It is an old historic town, much of it preserved. Pictures of that to come soon.

I'm going to join the photography club here. This month's topic is flower photography. Perfect timing. Nothing is blooming yet but I suspect it won't be long.

I'm feeling pretty good. Still pain in my lumbar region but less fatigued. Did I tell you about the Way to Wellness that I will be taking at St, Mary's? It is open to those who have finished their treatment and includes medically approved exercise, nutrition and stress management. It is a ten week program. I hope they can whip me into shape so I can start to enjoy life more.

Been spending the last few days, working on my challenges that I run here. My new one is the Gratefulness challenge. Take a peak if you are interested.

Hope everyone is doing well.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning, all!

Denise - sounds like a day I would do. However, as the yards are still full of snow... it will have to wait.

Carolyn - glad to hear you are ok.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Denise you gotta love the garden work!

Carolyn, Bummer about the card being frozen. I very much dislike dealing with that sort of stuff.

I'm feeling pretty happy today. Tonight we are expecting to get down to 22 degrees, fortunately none of my fruit trees have bloom and only the lilacs on the east side of the house have peaked out. Hopefully all the beauties will be ok. I'll be getting up a few shots this afternoon.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Here are some photos. It's a bundle of three different projects. I should have uploaded three groups rather than one, but I haven't the energy to go back and fix it. Sorry

April PODs 1,2, and 3 By MissaOnTheRun

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

UGH Carolyn, so sorry about the frozen card, that is such a nuisance and frustration.

Yeh I love the garden work, its so satisfying but after a winter of doing nothing, its a shock to the system. lol Not really too sore, just my back which I have chronic issues with.

Lynne, a photography club sounds like fun!!!! Wish I was there I'd join ya. Hope that new program does wonders for ya.

Missa, sounds cold. Did you get shots of the lilacs, I love those plants and the smell of their blossoms. ummm

Mercer Gardens 2014 By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Hi all!

First off.....Denise....I'd be dead!! Don't ever get together with Krista! I fear there would be an unstoppable whirlwind!

Lynne....The club sounds fun! Enjoy! I think the program will be good too!

Carolyn.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Glad you only had power out, that is pain enough! My DSIL just had his identity stolen (he's a cop) just in time to go on an out of town trip for a week with no card access for $!

We were at the DR for 3 hours today. Chest x-ray good. Blood work tomorrow (darn kid ate an apple this morning and he needed to fast). New DR was very nice. Uriah has mild asthma and has probably had it for years. He doesn't wheeze , the cough is his thing. He's still considered obese but has lost almost 6lbs in 5 days since the first DR we saw. I'm to continue with my meal plan I've had him on this week (been following the Paleo diet/using it as a guide anyway) although I can expand what I've been giving him , I was really strict. His blood pressure is still on the high end but he can resume his activities. If BP doesn't improve with diet/exercise then we will see a heart dr. This new DR wants to see him back about every 2 months for a while and we will go from there. I questioned his obesity as I just don't see it. The DR agreed but according to the guidelines, he is. DR said he could tell U was an athelete as he is not overly fat. I did tell him even as a baby he was always off the charts. He's in the 95th percentile both height & weight. Basically, he's a man in a kids body. I've known that for years. He is on an inhaler schedule for the next week every so many hours whether he needs it or not just to get him good and open. His allergies do not help the asthma either and they are bad right now.

Just wanted to update!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lori, well the way I see it, hockey is a demanding sport and you'd think he would not be considered obese. I bet he has muscle tone just a large frame.

HEHE a whirling dervish named Krista/DeeDee, sounds fearfully awesome!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise....that is what I see too! I remember our old DR saying "just wait" when Uman was small. DR knew he'd be one mass of man, lol! I wish he could see him now! Also, it's not like U doesn't have fat, he does. His belly has slimmed down a bunch over the last year. He doesn't have rolls anywhere and his "boobalahs" are almost gone too....hehehe. I wish you could see his thighs, they are huge but lean. One of these days I'm gonna measure them. His bone structure is big. He can't remotely get his fingers wrapped around his wrists and touch tips and his hands are a good inch longer than mine. My fingers overlap around my wrist.

I'm so glad he can continue hockey. I've told him if he's been playing with out the inhaler this long and doing so well, just imagine what he can accomplish now!

Raining here and has turned colder. We are supposed to have severe weather tonight into tomorrow with up to 4" of rain.

Hoping the weather holds off till after blood work tomorrow!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Right Lori, our son went thru that chubby belly/ round face, I am getting ready to sprout faze at age 13. He is now a lean mean six foot two. I wouldn't worry overly much, pfffft on Drs, momma knows best! I am also happy for him he can continue his beloved sport!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Carolyn? Its your birthday? Well have a nice and special day, cause its the day you came into the world!! God Bless. blowing my party horn at ya platooootly toot

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

A Denise and Krista combo.... sounds like fun to me!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista....how is Cody?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

April #1 By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Missa....if you try the pillow case pattern let me know how it goes. I pinned one a few days ago (different pattern). Thinking about making one for Brylie (grandkid).

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Happy Birthday Carolyne!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - Cody is still polka-dotted. It's slowly starting to fade from the neck, and seems to be working it's way down. But so far, it's just his neck that is clearer. Sunshine is supposed to help, but it's still too cold here to let him go in shirtsleeves outside, so I really hope it warms up quick.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

WOW that is amazing he is still polka dotted, poor kid. Does it itch?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Krista...that would be a wow from me too! Sounds like he is doing ok with it and it's not really a bother for him.

I'm sick of this sinus thing I have going on! Can breath one minute and the next super stuffy and runny at the same time. That was real fun today at the DR's office. Have I taken anything? NO. I'm not a med/pill taker usually. I have good intentions but never seem to get around to it.

Just saw some lightening, and it's raining lightly at the moment. Uman is snoring. He didn't make it through the hockey game on TV. He'll be disgusted when I tell him my team won...hehehe!

Thinking about crawling in and hugging my pillow so I can get Uman up and rolling fairly early tomorrow. He's nervous about betting the blood work done. He's also going to spend some time with my dad tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to rockmom

Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful day here. The birds are chirping.

Denise - Your flower pics are amazing

Lori - I had asthma as a kid also, which showed up as a cough. It happened when I was 11, went away for years and resurfaced when I was in my 30s. It is gone now. There is a huge difference between and athlete who is big and an overweight kid who plays video games all day. I think U man will be fine.

Here are some pictures that I took on my walk through Newtown on Monday.

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/photo/4 180761.html][/url] Newtown By Lgtaylor100

Loyalist raid of 1778
Revolutionary War in Newtown By Lgtaylor100

Mini -4 Round. Many of the clocks are round and most have round faces.

Clock and Watch Shop By Lgtaylor100

Mini #10 - Wood

A Colonial Restoration in Newtown By Lgtaylor100

Edited by lgtaylor100 on 04-03-14 04:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Morning!

Looks like we got a ton of rain overnight. I have a little pond forming in the back yard.

We are off for blood work while it's not raining too hard.

BBL!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning

Denise - Cody does not itch - for which I am very thankful. I think it would be torture for him if he did.

Lori - he's doing fine with it, except when it comes to gym class, and he has to change. The teacher has given him permission to change in a private room, or just sit out. So he does what he feels that day.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista....I'm sure that makes it way more comfortable for Cody. Glad the teacher is respectful of his feelings. Kids are mean too so it sounds like a win/win at the moment!

Uman did AOK with his blood drawl. He was in and out way faster than I expected. We did however have to wait almost an hour because he had to pee in a cup. I had no idea he would have to do that.

Off to drop him off with my dad for a while today and heading to the store for items to try some new things he can eat.....cookie makings I hope he will like.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Life on Hulen pond??

Krista, that is great, glad he doesn't itch either! That is a very good teacher, so many would just go ahead and make his suit out for gym.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to rockmom

Hi all. Back at work after my family trip to Florida. I've decided to call it a half-vacation since we only went for half a week and I was not ready to leave! I hope to pick a couple of good photos to share.

Catching up on the news..

Denise, I am exhausted reading about your gardening day.

Carolyn, bummer about the frozen bank card. So inconvenient. I had a call from my bank about a week ago checking on a transaction. I panicked because they always want to cancel the card. My husband was traveling and I was sure it was something he had charged, but I couldn't guarantee it. Fortunately, they just made a note and didn't cancel the card.

Missa, love the playroom curtains.

Lori, seems like a lot of medical appt. for U, but that all is working out well. My little (not so little) 4-year-old girl is in a similar situation. She's been greater than 95th percentile height and weight all her life. Her Dr. is not overly concerned, but I am starting to work on a strategy. I have fought weight issues my whole life and want to help her to have the right tools to deal (mentally and physically) with it if she continues to be big.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Frau_Cooney

Denise.....it has simply poured her all day! I can see the next street over is underwater. We usually don't have much of a flooding problem in my yard with the exception of one little area. Many others here in my 'hood are not so lucky. I've also seen some FB pics from around town. It always amazes me when people try to drive through standing water. Some of the streets look like a river! It's calmed for now but sever weather is coming in this evening!

Uman is having fun with my dad. I'm getting ready to "rice" some cauliflower. I think I'm going to make Uman shrimp scampi tonight, no noodles, with julianne zucchini. I'm also going to try to make a cookie recipe I found (of course on Pinterest where I find them all) for orange coconut cookies that he can eat. I thought about seeing if he wanted to help me but I'm sure he'll just want to eat them only, lol! Got more yogurt going too.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

we have snow.... It's been snowing all day - thankfully, it's melting on the streets, but it's going to be icy if it freezes.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Good grief, more snow, sheesh!

Lori, flooding can be so dangerous, take care.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

JCI.

U didn't really complain about dinner, actually he helped cook it. Was a very quick to make dinner. Did he love the zucchini? NO, he did eat a little of it. I would definitely make it again for me!

I think MN is supposed to get snow too If I heard the news forecast right.

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan

Hello! Hot and humid here today! Storm warnings out but no rain!

One to share of my favorite subject now days....since I had to give the peacock
away! Here is Bear. He is growing!

TFL! April Photo Fun - POD #2 By Nanasan

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to nanasan

Sandra....was the peacock a problem? I know nothing about them. I know my dad has always wanted a pair.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hello everyone!

Carolyn, Happy belated birthday!

Lori I hope they stop poking at Uman soon. I'm sure he'll slim down considering how active he is. He's just a baby.

Jane when will you be getting your scrap space together?

Krista, I am glad Cody isn't suffering from the rash, but this winter seems to be making everything worse.

Sandra I think I told you this before, but DH won't let me keep peafowl, he finds them too loud. I'm sorry you had to re-home your beautiful companion.

So I had a doozey of a day. I went to have my glucola test at the local lab and ended up riding in an ambulance, across a parking lot, no seriously across the parking lot, to the hospital. Long story short, the phlebotomist was really bad at her job and I fainted and vomited, she freaked out and called EMS and EMS started poking me as soon as they showed up so I fainted and vomited again, someone saw me shake and said I had a seizure so I show up in OB and all hands are on deck thinking they are going to have to deliver a 28 week baby, EMS didn't mention I am carrying twins. The look on the nurses face when I asked if she had both heart tones was one of panic.
I'm pretty ticked because when EMS arrived I was up, coherent and joking with the lab staff. I asked EMS for a minute before they started their exam, but didn't receive it. Had they given me a minute to calm down and catch my breath I probably wouldn't have fainted a second time and I wouldn't have spent the afternoon in the hospital. For Goodness Sakes!
In the end everything checked out well and the boys are fine and so am I. My labs came back with borderline low sodium, other wise perfect. My doctor was completely unimpressed and didn't even bump up my next appointment date. What a waste of resources! Sorry for the rant, it's been a long day.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Missa, sounds like an adventure that will be worth laughing at after the boys arrive. But right now, a pain in the butt.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Feel blessed to have made it to "Double Nickles" :)! The day was pretty much just another day. Spent it alone other than Daisy.
Weather is looking like we might get more storming so I am going to unplug the 'puter again.
I will come back and get caught up, eventually. Where does the day go?! :/
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn....I'm so glad you have Daisy! I hope you took in some "Lucy" and maybe made yourself a mug cake!!

Missa....oh would I have been ticked! So glad you are good! I am not at all impressed with most of the EMT's I've seen in action (my sister is one). I remember when my grandma fell and broke her leg and I found her a few hours later, she was in shock. The idiots got her up and tried to get her to stand and walk! Uh...hello? An 80 something woman of good size falls on a concrete floor and didn't break something? Really? Those EMS people could have given you a minute! What has hubby said? I'm sure you are probably wore out. I've passed out giving blood and it totally wiped me out for 2 days! Rest well tonight!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

oh Missa, sorry for that mishap. Ugh. It might be a fun thing to scrap later when the irritation subsides.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to rockmom

Carolyn it is great that you have Daisy dog, and us of course too. So what day is your actual birthday the 2ns or 3rd. I probably ought to start writing this stuff down.

Lori they asked your g-ma to stand up. Had they lost their minds? I mean no insult first responders undergo a great deal of training and work hard at what they do, but not all of them are graced with a good deal of common sense in my experience.

Bless DH's heart he got up this morning and was out the door at 4:00 am in order to make it to his conference in Phoenix. I told him to go last night since there was really nothing wrong with anyone, but he insisted on staying through the night. He said he would come home the night it ended too instead of taking a travel day, hopefully I will be able to convince him otherwise. I'd rather he not drive these mountains roads at night.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Missa....so sweet of your DH. I don't think I'd want him driving tired on the mountain roads either! And yes, the 2 EMT guys both pulled her up and wanted her to stand...her leg was broke just below the hip.

Laundry going and getting ready to sweep the floors. Think U and I will get out a bit today. I want to browse baby furniture.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning!

Edited by rockmom on 04-04-14 06:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to rockmom

Having a wonderful day so far. My son took me to Denny's for my free breakfast. I got an edible arrangement in stead of a cake. Going to subway for dinner. Thanks for all the well wishes from my friends here at scrapbook.com, it has truly made this birthday a wonderful one.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Happy Birthday Charris!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Charris

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Carolyn....since I missed giving you one. It still counts, right?

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey gals!

Family is doing well here. Glad winter is mostly over. My 14 yo dd is in a play next week and I will be happy when we are done with practices. It's been so fun to help though!

I see Missa is expecting! Congrats! Times two! How does G feel about all of that? Excited, I am sure! Sorry you didn't receive the best care the other day--yikes!

Krista, does Cody have a rash? My 12 yo gets one from time to time and it looks like blisters/welts. It happens when his allergy load is too high around May.

Lori, I've looking into paleo a little too. I've been off wheat for quite awhile and finally am used to not having bread with every meal. I also am off tomato. Thankfully, all other natural foods are ok and don't bother me! I think my hubby was built like Uriah at that age too. He still has crazy strong, solid legs. He power-lifted in high school.

Hi to all. I am so tired, so here's a photo from me. Wednesday was very exciting.

4/2 Ginger Girl By Greenacres

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Greenacres

Edited by rockmom on 04-04-14 05:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to rockmom

Birthday Photos
Free Breakfast at Denny's By Charris449
Breakfast at Denny's
Edible Arrangement By Charris449
Edible Arrangement
Flowers my son gave me (from my yard) By Charris449
Flowers from my son
Dinner with mom and dad and son from subway By Charris449
Dinner with Parents and son from Subway
Birthday cards and goodies By Charris449
All the cards and goodies I have gotten

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Sher....I was thinking the other day about you and wondering how big the kids are now. Uriah seems to be doing better but getting him to eat a dang veggie might be the death of me!

Charris....it appears that you had a very nice day with family!

I finished a movie I was watching yesterday and Uman and I watched one together tonight too. He is coughing less I've noticed which I'm happy for. Tomorrow he is back on the ice with the trainer lady. Shouldn't be to much for him I hope since he's been doing pretty much nothing for 2 weeks.

Have a great evening all!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey, hey, hey.....how did I not join in for the month of April!!!!!! I was wondering why you all were so quiet!!!!!!

Denise, your floral pics got me out of this dreary rainy, cold weather we've been having for a couple of days. Rained so hard last weekend I actually got a leak in my craft room. Still waiting for the landlord to get up here and get out on the roof. Now with this additional rain......must be getting worse outside, but it didn't leak tonight...very weird.

I've been busy playing with paper...made a baby chipboard album for my gf's daughter's baby shower...a lot of work. Hadn't made one in quite awhile.

Hey Lori, I've got Kate on my mind. Do you know how she is doing....I miss her!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

Sherry - Cody has pityriasis rosea.... started breaking out in spots at the end of Jan, started on his neck and goes to the tops of his feet. The ones on the neck are barely visible, the arms are still a little red, but starting to fade, the chest is definitely fading, but his legs look terrible. Thankfully, he is in the 25% that doesn't get itchy... not sure how we would deal with this if it was making him itchy.

Tonight we took pizza "fixings" to the inlaws, I made supper there, (my oven is in need of repairs - the piece comes at the end of the month, so anything needing higher heat, we either don't make, or make at the in-laws), kids brought their jammies and pillows and are having a sleepover, and DH and I went out for a movie. We watched Captain America - really really good.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to KristaDee

Hi everyone -

Denise - Your floral pictures continue to be great. I noticed that the trees here are just starting to bloom. I hope the daffodils will be up soon.

Linny- I was wondering where you were.

Yesterday was a bummer. My white pen ran out right in the middle of doing a layout. No stores around here have them so I have to wait to get my order from scrapbook.com. I love those white pens. Then my phone became unchargeable. I got a new battery but that didn't work. So I had to get a new phone. Fortunately my husband gave me his upgrade. I got an I phone. I had an android before (Samsung) and hated it. I like the I phone. It was easy to learn since I already have an I-Pad. I was in the phone store for 3 hours.

Hope today will be better. Going out with friends this evening.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Linda....I see Kate on FB. Looks like she is keeping busy, as usual!

Krista....we were actually going to take U to see that this morning but decided to wait till tonight (after training) or tomorrow. I'll let him know your review! The first one has been on TV lately and he's watched it several times.

Made U pancakes (flour-less) for breakfast. He ate them fine but I thought they were nasty. I'l be looking for another recipe. Yesterday I bought sugar free honey and he ate that on them. He didn't even know it wasn't the real deal....hehehe!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI and home from Captain America.

Krista....it was a good movie. He is my least favorite so it kinda drug on for me. I think it just seemed like a long movie. The last one I saw was the newest Hobbit, that drug on forever too, lol!

Also, Uman did great on his first exercise outing with the trainer. I talked to her and what do you know, she's a nurse too. She told me lots of kids she trains have asthma. I told her about his blood pressure too so next time we see her we are to bring his cuff. She'll take his BP before, during, and after to see how it reacts to his exercise.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lori, that is great a nurse trainer!

Glad the flowers are cheerful, sorry about the rain and leak Linda.

baby shower for DD today was wonderful! but Cooper kept his hand in front of his face for the 3-D ultrasound. sigh but we did see he has a spiky hairdo already! lol his heart is well formed and his brain too, he was practicing breathing as we saw his diaphragm moving up and down. she is 34 weeks on Monday, so it won't be long now.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Someone asked, Mercer Gardens is here in the Houston area.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 04-05-14 07:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise how exciting! He's keeping who he looks like a secret for now, lol!

Thinking about meeting DD at Trader Joe's tomorrow after I weigh in. I have never been there. Wanting to pick up some coconut flour and just see what they have, I suppose.

Have a great evening!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to rockmom

Horse Parking By Lgtaylor100

Here's another photo from my Newtown walk.

Mini - Favorite pastime- Well one of them anyway, searching out historical sites close to home.

Edited by lgtaylor100 on 04-06-14 05:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics