Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: April Budget Challenge        (Topic#1595159)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the April Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

View Challenge Here: April Budget Challenge

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Cricut club-$15
Copic class-$20
Copics-$40

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to tinadn

Ok this month should be more interesting for me! I am 12 away from completing my no buy challenge and am starting to itch to buy something! I should most definitely complete 12 layouts this month so am submitting my budget as $150 this month so I can go on a shopping spree once I complete my no buy challenge!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

go Amanda!

I am here again - as usual. I am giving up on SU - mostly because there is too much else out there I want to buy!

I am gonna give myself a budget though of $50 and my wishlist is gonna be whatever I see that a) I need for a project and b) I can get more than one project out of it

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

My budget is going to be $100

And I have expo this month!! But I really don't NEED anything so this is for exactly whatever I want

There are some new collections i hope to get but we shall see

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Hello ladies. I haven't really been doing much of anything, so honestly I should have a zero budget; but we all know that's not going to happen. I've been itching to stock up on basics at Ms because when I move I will not have my discount. Thing is, I'm completely stocked up already. I feel like a little squirrel stockpiling nuts for a hard winter. Reality is unless the hard winter is going to last for the next 20+ years, my nut supply is sufficient.

Budget: $100
Wish: MS border punch, BG Highline collection pack, BG Highline embellishments, Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope collection pack, Kaleidoscope die cuts, KaiserCraft Honey Chai collection pack, Honey Chai die cuts.

Products Referenced in This Post:

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, have you found a place to call home yet?

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

Hello, ladies!! My "wishlist", here on Scrapbook.com is sooo long, haha!! My budget for this month is $50.00, so I want to get a couple of things that I can get much use out of. Here is my list:

The Tim Holtz "Honeycomb", frame works die -OR- the new Tim Holtz "Garden Greens", Bigz Die.

The new "Corset Collage", stamp by Deep Red Stamps. So pretty!! Fell in love with it!

A couple Crafter's Workshop masks.

And, finally, another jar of Gesso. A girl can never have too much Gesso

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Brandy Lynn

So I'll be living vicariously through Amanda and Courtney this month... hehehe Courtney, I doubt $100 is enough to keep you from busting at Expo!

Way to go Amanda! I so need to do that too...

Kelly - Nut supply... omg, I just cracked up out loud at that! And I"m probably in the same boat there too!

I agree, Jellybean, a girl can never have too much gesso! LOL!

Mine should be $0 too, but that's simply not realistic! There is a long list in my shopping cart that the $40 in gift cards here at sb.com is burning a hole through. I have to at least spend $10 of it this month because it expires on the 30th. Should be nooooo trouble there! lol!

I'll go with $90 this month too... $40 in credit and the rest out of pocket, which I really don't plan to spend!

Wishlist? Everything.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

welcome to our little family jellybean!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

There is nothing "big" that I need…and i need more paper like I need a hole in my head LOL I am only trying to buy papers that i love almost as much as Addie LOL

now there may be something new and amazing that I find I must have once i get there LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Addie has mastered the art of throwing her blocks out of the pack and play!! and looking at me and smiling LOL!!

julie101
Diva
julie101

Yes Im in again please I have a budget of $50

Wish List Plastic sleeves for my alums can never have enough and that's it.

I'm doing so well at using what I have still plenty more to use before buying anything else

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

Thank you so much!!

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

I've just ordered the new Artbooking cartridge for my Cricut - so there's this months budget gone.. $135.

yay.. will be able to cut my own lattice and chicken wire.

Angela

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to ajsophios62

Angela,

Yay!! Well worth it!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hi Jellybean and Angela. Welcome!!!

Courtney, we haven't even started looking yet. Our relo date isn't until 8/25. That will be DH's first day in KOP. We will put this house up for sale first week in July and probably won't make a trip there until we sell. Hoping there will be plenty on the market for us to choose from when we get there.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

A budget sounds good in theory but in reality it sucks because I always feel slightly, and I emphasize slightly, guilty every time I go over budget which has been every month. Sounds like I don't take a realistic view of what I spend each month.

I have my monthly kit and add ons -- $60
A Cricut cartridge or two -- $50
Possible trip to LSS with DIL -- $150 (being realistic)
Misc. $50

total - good heavens $310

My goal......... stay well under that!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Sharon - part of the whole budget thing is to make us more aware of what we are spending and then consciously making purchases. I would say you are learning well grasshopper!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Budget: $100-$58=$42
Wish: MS border punch, BG Highline collection pack, BG Highline embellishments, Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope collection pack, Kaleidoscope die cuts, KaiserCraft Honey Chai collection pack, Honey Chai die cuts.

Ordered all of the above from the fruit site. All the KaiserCraft is in stock, but Highline was a presale, so my stuff will be held until it arrives. I love that they offer 20% off each month. It basically covers my shipping. Other than my punch, I am done. Also, some SC Veneer geotags may or may not have found its way into my cart. You be the judge. And with that, my nut pile has significantly increased.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Welcome Jellybean and Angela! Jellybean, what's your real name? Since we're family here, we like names if you don't mind sharing!

Geez Kelly, you didn't beat around the bush much, did you?! Good haul tho!

WOW... I take it back, I'm living vicariously through Sharon!

Not to be an enabler or anything (oh the horror!), but I'm sort of digging two of the new BG lines this season... (dang them)... I've been off them for a while, but am quickly falling for the new Mon Ami and Spice Market lines. (Just look at the projects for them and you'll have to agree!) Spice Market reminds me of an older Creative Memories line that SOD used in one of their kits, which I LOOOOVED... Too bad I have a boy and those are very girlie papers! Grrr!!!!

AND the $10 off deal is on again and it's burning a hole right through me! My budget is in danger....

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, I had a 15 minute argument with myself about whether or not I needed Fresh Cut and Spice Market too. BG used to be my very favorite paper company and then somewhere a long while back, (I think starting with the Ft. Lauderdale collection) I just stopped liking their stuff. All of a sudden, I'm in love all over again. Now Bo Bunny is usually my absolute fave. This round they've done absolutely nothing for me. Go figure.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Ebbs and flows, doesn't it Kelly?

I fell in love with BG because of Indian Summer, Oliver and a few others, then went through Bo Bunny, G45, MME, EP, Bella Blvd, etc etc etc. Some things totally gel with my style, some don't.

I saw you have BG back on your wishlist so wondered if they'd gotten to you again too!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to SonjaC

Thank you so much for all of the warm welcomes!! My real name is Brandy Lynn

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Welcome ladies.

I am a stockpiling squirrel too, but I love it sooooooooooooooooo much. LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I want to add on the MS large hydrangea punch too. I still have money left in my budget, not that I need to spend it. I have the small 3-hydrangea punch and love it, so might as well get the big one too, right? I mean how can I not complete the set?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

have you used them yet? just asking lol

I am maybe just maybe going to spend $50 on a preorder of a cricut explore just maybe not sure yet

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

DOOOO IT Tammy!!!!!

My budget is in jeopardy today... it's payday and I have a crop tomorrow and I have an overwhelming urge to go by J's... hoping they have some of the new BG on hand!

That said, I could also make a stop at M's...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Just a note on the Explore. The lady that teaches our Cricut club classes has ALL of the Cricuts.
She also has the Silhouette. She said so far she isn't terribly impressed with the Explore and LOVES the Silhouette.

I need to get back with my spending. My lss had a sale and I stocked up on BOGO free Bazzill cardstock. I also got some Copics.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Cricut club-$15
Copic class-$20
Copics-$40

Hmmm, I made need to change this

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

hmmm oh Tina why did you say that but I have loads of people who really went to the silhouette now love the explore - we'll have to see - I have not yet decided

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Oh ok Kelly so you have some time. Hopefully you will find a place you love, and we will be able to get together and enable each other.

I haven't spent any scrappy money. DHs birthday was this week soooooo he needed presents hahah! He got the Disney Infinity game....we are having soooo much fun!

I just got news that our last standing LSS is closing the end of the month. I have to get out there next week to get some bargains that may totally put my budget in jeopardy

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kamananui

My budget for the month is $50.00 I just broke my glass mat!
My wish list is: a new glass mat, a corner rounder, and of course something from Tim holtz! Lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to catgirlie21

welcome Cat! ok so someone I can ask - see this is always what I thought about glass mats - they might break - what specifically do you use a glass mat for?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hi Cat, welcome!

Tammy, I have a glass mat. It's always on my table and that I craft on, but I don't really need it. I bought it for when I want to cut my photos into circles. I can use my MS circle cutter without damaging anything.

I think this month my budget is doomed. I'm sad that American Crafts has purchased Bazzill, there quality control is the absolute worst. I plan on going to Scrapbooks Etc. on Tuesday (the owner's husband is the one who formerly owned/makes Bazzill) and hoard my favorite colors. They sell Bazzill super cheap too. Then I need to buy the Recollections 5-Drawer Letter Press to hold the hoard. Good thing that will be 60% off tomorrow and I get my discount too. That is an amazing deal. I realize storage doesn't count against my budget, but I'm sure CS will cause a big, fat bust! And I highly suspect Fresh Cut may find it's way home with me as well...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $100-$58=$42-$9=$33

Courtney, right now we are leaning towards buying a new home in Gilbertsville. Obviously we've never been there, so we need to check out the area but I like the model homes I've looked at online and the commute seems reasonable. I'm really sad to hear about your last scrapbook store. Does that mean I'll have no place to shop but online?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

ooh nooo Bazzill is being sold - that really is sad.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I know, Tammy. My heart is broken. I'm sure AC will cheapen it. Makes me ill.

And just like that Bo Bunny is back. The spring/summer stuff is freaking amazing. I am going to have to sell myself on a street corner. I'll just hold a "Will Work for Bo Bunny" sign.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

lol Kelly!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Kelly there may be some stores out by kop. I haven't ventured to look out that way. And we do get scrapbook expo and ck conventions for shopping. Plus Ms and Js lol. So storage is going 60% off at Ms tomorrow??? I guess I will be hitting there as well as Js lol. Plus expo coming Friday......My budget is doomed!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome Cat! Always fun to have newcomers! We won't bother apologizing in advance for enabling you any... it's just what we do!

OMG Kelly, NO!!!! I LOOOVE Bazzill CS!!! I could cry... Can you stock me up on Bitter Chocolate in 12x12?!?!? That is my absolute favorite color and I probably use it on almost every page! And NOT that I'm trying to find you a loophole or anything, but I believe someone a while back mentioned that CS shouldn't count since we always need CS... just saying!

J's nearly killed me yesterday.. omg... FINALLY a big name store that carries GOOD brands! While they didn't have the new BG yet (the sales gal who was surprisingly really knowledgable about scrappy supplies told me at least two lines are coming), they did have the new Timmy masks (I got two at 30% off plus another 15% that day!), new Prima flowers (I resisted... barely), and several new MS punches I've been eyeing. They also had a TON of Disney stuff (I totally thought of Courtney!), and even a couple Prima doll stamps, though I wouldn't get them myself, and I'm sure Kelly already has them...

I ended up getting a button/brad storage case which doesn't count against my budget for $6.99-40% off, two Tim masks (burlap and splats - would have been three if they'd had the stars one in stock!), two clearance washi tapes (like I need more), a K&Co travel embellie pack that was clearanced, and a pack of black rhinestones from the $1 bin. Total was $18 minus the storage item so about $12! Go me!

As for my crop today... I got two whole pages done.... I didn't even get there until 1pm, but by the time I'd schlepped all my stuff inside then jimmied my keys out from the door of my trunk (don't ask how I managed that ), calmed down and ate some lunch, it was after 2pm and I'd gotten ZIP to show for it except a couple bruised knuckles and a very distorted keyring! Ended up having a wonderful time though so it made it all worth it!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Maybe that is why my lss had a huge amount of bazill on sale.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

How cool is this! It makes my envelope maker even more practical

shoot, I can't get the video to show up.
Check out my craft channel to learn how to make bows with it.

Edited by tinadn on 04-07-14 03:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Oh my that makes me soooo sad to hear Bazzill is sold!!! They are my favorite card stock and go to papers for Cricut cuts!! I guess I will just hoard what I have!

I made it to M's 60% off storage sale yesterday and acquired two more cubes for my room. Seems like I bought something else too but can't place it right off hand! Pillows, but they don't count here what was it........ Oh something on line, it will come to me!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I remember, it was a stamp set from a new company called Power Poppy....... the stamp is an azalea.

So between the storage containers and the stamp I have spent my misc. fund for the month!

-$50

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oh dear Sharon it is only the 7th

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Storage doesn't count. I repeat, storage doesn't count. Sharon, it's your lucky day. We don't count storage in our budgets, so you can keep on shopping. I on the other hand am beyond doomed. I stocked up on so much 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and bling today. You know it was on sale, plus I get my discount off the sale price. I have to utilize my discount before I stop working, right? And tomorrow I'm going to Scrapbooks, Etc. Which is a ginormous scrapbook store, so just call me Busted. I'll wait patiently for Sharon and Sonja to join me on the time-out bench.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

My paper cutter died and I ordered a new one. I am not counting that in my budget.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Oh Tammy, I'm not in the red when it comes to spending, that just means I have spent $50 or, according to Kelly, $20 of my misc budget. My total budget was $310 or anything under that!! I still have plenty to work with for the month.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

What kind of paper cutter are you getting Tina??

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Sewflake

I went to Js yesterday and got 2 Cricut Cartridges. I got chalkboard font and Disney Classics $20 each!! Was a steal!! Lol.

I forgot about Ms storage sale....I need a couple more cubes!!! Maybe tomorrow I will head there.

That leaves me $60 in my budget. I guess just call me busted lmfaoo. Expo on Friday. Lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I ordered the ProCision. I found it for half price with free shipping. It has a self sharpening blade so I hope I will have it for a long time.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

oops Sharon I missed the word Misc.

Now I now that storage doesn't count but my budget is so tight for extras (we are saving for my visa) I have to count everything going forward.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Kelly, I hate to say it, but I think Courtney will beat me to the time out bench... isn't Expo this weekend, Courtney?

I'm trying to be good too, but these dang online sites keep sending me sale emails!! Grr!!

I'm with you, Tammy, my budget is so tight in general I should be counting everything! But I didn't...

New Kid On the Block

Tammy, I loved my glass mat! So easy to clean. No matter what it was I could get it off. I loved to ink and paint on it. I like to mix my colors a little. So, I used the glass mat. I have had that Matt for years. It broke because I dropped it in the garage! Lol. Ok my budget: I went to M's Saturday and bought gelatos -10.00, gesso -10.00 and glue pad -6.00 =26.00 so I have 24.00 left I think I will get my mat!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

thanks for explaining - I always wondered how practical they were but if everything comes off then it is worth it but they are not cheap for sure!

New Kid On the Block

No they are not. I been looking at some but can't find the exact one I had. :-( I wish I remembered who made it. I'm so bad when it comes to remembering who made what. I also used my glass mat as a hard surface when I sit on the couch.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I just blew my budget all to smithereens!! In a fit of panic desperation I purchased a ton of Maja Papers from Cest Magnifique Kits!!! They are going out of business after June. The Magnifique Kit part of the business, she is still going to do the Blue Fern portion of her business. I was afraid I would have a harder time finding Maja Design Papers so I loaded up.

One thing, that portion of my monthly budget will not apply after June. I will have it to spend on something else. Any who I will have to update my total spending once I'm brave enough to look at my bill........

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

I'm beyond busted. Yesterday I purchased 100 sheets of Bazzill, the WRMK Jet Set collection pack,BG Fresh Cut Collection pack, and quite a handful of embellies. I should probably refrain from buying anything more until 2015, but I'm pretty sure I can't live without Bo Bunny's Enchanted Garden.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Yea Kelly, glad you got some of those papers before they go away too!! I have so many now but will collect a few more later in the month if I make my LSS (45 minutes away)trip.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I order a fruit deal and forgot about a Cricut cart I ordered until it showed up

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

oh dear - I am struggling to find things to buy and you are forgetting about stuff lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm loving the Bazzill Superhero set and may have to splurge on that as well as 1,000 sheets of the Bitter Chocolate cs!

That said, my budget is probably zero now as we have three new expenses rearing their ugly heads this month... it never ends!

SHARON!! How on earth did you bust a $300 budget?!?

I expect we haven't heard from Miss Courtney because she's afraid to share her Expo expenses... And I'm going to stand on my soapbox and proudly announce that I am NOT busting this month! LOL!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

OK, I'll get real, I have not busted my budget (yet) for the month but I still have that kit that comes each month, then there is the shopping trip to the LSS after Esther and I'm already at $110 spent. I know, the storage cubes don't count in everyone's budget, but they sure do in mine this month as I had NO plans for THAT extra spending!!
I just get to feeling guilty when I figure I'm going to end up spending more than I should. I will have to curtail the LSS shopping.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

By the way, where can you find 1,000 sheets of Bitter Chocolate to purchase??? I could use a few hundred sheets!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I would like some Leap Frog, Admiral and alas if anyone has any long retired Raisin I would love it.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I NEED INTERVENTION!! As soon as I got off this thread yesterday I went and purchased 25 sheets of the bitter chocolate paper. To those that reminded me how much I favor that shade... $20 more down on my budget!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

consider the hands slapped of the perpetrators!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

OWWW! Not so hard Tammy!!

LOLOLOL Sharon!!!! And I'm so tempted to go by M's for some of that same paper too!

Oh, yes, Tammy! I like Admiral as well - perfect Seahawk blue! That and Blue Calypso!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Highline came in at the fruit site, so they released my order today. I still haven't put away my last haul. I need to cool it for a while. :/

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Well color me busted!!! Lol. I spent my original $100 budget at expo. I got a bunch of MME and Teresa Collins paper for $0.25 a piece!!!! 65 sheets for $16.50!!!

I got lots of Disney papers that I hadn't seen before. One had a monorail on it lol!! Some of the Queen & Co. Mickey papers. Some fantastical Mickey laser cuts from doo dilley designs!!! Their prices were amazing. I don't think I spent more than $4 on a single laser cut piece. And they had really different stuff.

I have to say this expo was terribly disappointing. Much smaller than the one that comes to North Jersey in September!! But I still managed to spend too much hahahah!

So after we left expo (I think I spent $75 at expo on scrappy stuff and I spent $20 on lunch for me and my aunt lol). We went to Ms. Hahahha I needed another paper cube as my current cubes are exploding $16 and doesn't count toward my budget!!! Thanks to that loophole!! And I bought nothing else. We went to ac Moore and I got an American crafts paper pad for $7. So I didn't bust terribly :). But it's probably because there weren't a ton of vendors.

Either way I'm still in time out hahah!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Sewflake

Sharon I am heading over to buy some Maja Designs paper hahaha!! I love Maja!!! And the store I use to get them at is closed also!!

So thanks for enabling!!

Oh note on our expo. There were only 2 vendors that had paper!! I mean I need more paper like I need a hole in the head. Lol but that was what I really wanted lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

how can you go to a scrapbook expo and only 2 vendors have paper?

Sonja I also love Typhoon and English Ivy

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I will have to check out that color of cardstock. My lss store has packs of 25 BOBO free.
I did leave there only spending $2 the other day.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I spent $6 today - (I actually spent 26 in total but some of it was home items and some of it was adhesive) and just boring paper and some cool english flag stickers with Happy Birthday on them for Chloe's birthday while she is here.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

So I finished my 100 pages yesterday so I can officially buy stuff again! I went to M's tonight and was terribly disappointed...nothing was on sale except for storage which I don't need at the moment! And I have a hard time spending full price on paper packs at M's because I know they go on sale every few weeks. But I did manage to spend $86.60 (I think anyway - have to check my receipt). I bought black cardstock, page protectors, zots...nothing exciting there. I got 2 packs of flowers from the dollar bin and then a cricut cart (there were some of those on sale!) - First Few Years.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

Yeah Amanda - how many pages are you gonna make now before you buy anything?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

yes, are you setting a new goal???

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to tinadn

Usually I only do it once a year but last year dh challenged me to do it twice so I did. I was on mat leave last year though and had lots more scrappy time!

Since my shopping trip to M's wasn't as exciting as I would have hoped I'm not committing to another no buy challenge just yet - have to use a gift card I have for here too before I decide!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

seems fair and reasonable!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh and I almost forgot - since we don't count shipping (which was only $6 anyway) but I spent 14 on 3 dies and 1 embossing folder set at the Sizzix clearance sale yesterday - I never order stuff online like that - but I got the picture wheel, the filmstrip and ticket border and a beautiful peacock set as well as the travel embossing set - talk about a score!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Courtney, I have a pretty good idea what booth you got 65 papers from! Probably the same booth I got my 40 sheets... Some Scrapbook Closeouts or some such nonsense... What I know is they have TONS of MME, Teresa Collins and Basic Grey papers, of which I mostly got MME and TC too! LOL Great minds...

WAIT... TWO paper booths?!?! What a waste of time... well almost! (Depends on the quality of choice at said two paper booths!) By comparison, Anaheim was the Disneyworld to your county fair! Ouch, sorry girl! But glad you made a detour to M's afterwards! LOLOLOLOL What AC paper pad did you get?

Way to GO Amanda!! Kind of anticlimatic though, wasn't it with the shopping trip? Bummer! Now wait... You went to M's Saturday, right?? I did too and there was a LOT on sale! 60% off all albums, 50% off all paper pads, 7 for $1 open stock paper and all the Cricut Carts were $19.99! (yes, I spent, I'll get back to that later...) Your M's needs to get with the program! lol!

Oh yes, Tammy, Typhoon is another fave! And Adobe too, but I think they discontinued that a while back. Great Sizzix score too!

Okay, yes, I admit it, I caved on my M's craving! Mostly because I noticed when I was trying to scrap on Saturday afternoon that I am completely out of white paper (not anymore obviously), albums and page protectors - I had 15 pages just sitting on top of my desk w/o any protection!!!! So when DS woke from his nap I hightailed it down to M's to see what they had. I ended up getting 5 more sheets of Bitter Chocolate (though they weren't on sale and that still rankles me), an AC paper pad at 50% off (Maggie Holmes Vellum, Courtney, what one did you get?), a new Project Life album for 60% off (really cute dark blue with a hot air balloon on the front that says 'time flies'. Very appropriate for my son's 2-year album I think!), a clearance Recollections paper pad called Route 66, which reminds me of an old paper line Crate Paper did that I had a few hoarded pieces of, the page protectors (50% off coupon), pack of white paper (50% off) and a clearance embellie. All in I spent $40. Having some serious buyer's remorse, but I'll live!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Updated budget: $90-12=$78-40=$38

Haven't busted yet, but heaven help me I have to spend at least $10 on sb.com this month cuz my g/c expires at the end! My monthly budget is an endangered species....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

38-10 is still not busted - just saying! You can do it

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy that sounds like a great deal!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to tinadn

A few posts back, a few people mentioned the fruit site and getting things from it. Can anyone tell me what that is? I was really good last week and never entered the big box craft store a few miles from me. The only way I can avoid adding to my hoard/stash is by staying out of the store entirely. I did not sign up for the challenge but I have made a personal decision NOT to spend more than $50 for the month... that would include any adhesive, storage....absolutely anything related to my hobby. I am going to use what I have to create cards. Yesterday I made 7 Easter cards using ONLY things that 2 ladies had given me.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Now I feel really ripped off on my shopping trip Sonja! My M's definitely did not have any of that stuff on sale on Saturday! There were a couple Cricut carts for 19.99 but most were on for 39.99 which was the cost of the one I got.

Oh I have that Project life album you are talking about with the hot air balloon - I actually got two of them before Christmas when there was a buy one, get one sale on them. I am using them for my ds too!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

Pink - even though you did not officially sign up - there isn't really an officaly sign up - you are welcome to play along and chat here with us every month.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tammy, probably more like 38-40 since I can't stand to spend more on shipping than the product costs!

I concur, Pink, feel free to chat us up here whenever you have time. We have no signups or requirements here! I've heard of the fruit site too, but have forgotten what it is exactly...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Blast... free shipping today on $75... so that would be $35 out of pocket with my coupon and c/g....

The real question is, can I widdle my shopping cart from $300 to $75?

Edited by SonjaC on 04-15-14 09:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

I was terribly disappointed Sonja. It was a waste of time. But I haven't scrapped much. So I don't feel too bad. Lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol widdle away!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Yesterday I had to organize stuff to make room for stuff. Bad decision on my part. I found 16 unopened collection packs of paper. I then shoveled everything into two drawers, and pretended I never saw it. Sadly I know there is even more unopened collection packs waiting for me. I just wasn't sure if I could count that high. My name is Kelly, and I'm a paper hoarder.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I can relate, I have never found that many in one cleaning, but I can relate!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Got on to finish our tax return and am too depressed to go to bed... so my finger is hovering over the 'buy' key on my extremely widdled-down shopping cart...

Someone talk me off the ledge!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Well nevermind! I can only use the $10 off code OR my $10 coupon code, not both. FORGET IT! I'm going to bed...

And Hi Kelly, welcome to our group! You are so not alone! Last time I went through my stash, I found not one bag, but TWO full of stuff with the prices still on it! (which is rare for me cuz I usually yank those puppies right off before I bring them in the house!)

Alrighty... nighty night all!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

hugs honey

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

My DH took me shopping today and bought me Create a Critter one and two for my Cricut and a few other items. His buddy manages J's an hour from here and we were near there so he told me to support him and gave me a cart. I didn't complain. Got a punch too and a 6x6 paper pack, some metal gears and a few other things.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

okay now that is the perfect enabling and it doesn't count cause dh bought it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

WOW, Tina! You got a great guy there! Supports his friend's work AND his wife's hobbies!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics