Username Post: Xyron mini sticker maker        (Topic#1595587)
njbeachgirl
Expert
njbeachgirl

If anyone has this product, do you know if it works with laser cut words?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to njbeachgirl

if the cut fits into the "X" then it will work. I have also used the larger sticker makers, with the crank. Just make sure that the tape you use is marker permanent. You can also get depositional tapes.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to njbeachgirl

Love my X! I use it for Cricut letter titles all the time!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to scrapsweet

Yes, if it fits it will work. May I suggest when you take it out of the machine BEFORE you take the clear plastic off the top, use a stylus or embossing tool and trace around the edges (all of them) HARD. This will get the glue to let go easier.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to southgirl

hey south- I have a question : Isnt the xyron sticker maker just basically tape??? what again is its purpose??? I almost bought one the other day!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

1 more thing I like my ce2 but I have to rub a glue stick over the back of the letters and that gets sort of messy scrapsweet did you mention that you can run the letters from cricut through the xyron??? if so I need to get it !!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to mindygail

The Xyron (any size) applies glue (the type a glue ruuner or ATG gun uses) to the back of your stuff, basically turning anything into a sticker.

Edited by southgirl on 07-06-14 10:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to southgirl

I thought so : so tape in other words my bf sister has one but I never see her use it!!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

i need to get one oh yeah!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to mindygail

Maybe the reason she never uses it is because the refills for the bigger ones are a bit pricey. The X (smallest one) refills cost about $5, the one that will take 12x12 paper is about $27 to $32. I use my Xyron for intricate peices that you would normally spread liquid glue on. Liquid glue is so messy and Xyron is not.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to southgirl

May I suggest the Xyron 250?

It is awesome!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

I love the entire line.
I didn't buy the "X" for many years even after I had my cricut. I would struggle to get liquid or glue pens on the entire piece. After using the "X" aka 150 I can't imagine not having it as a tool. I kick myself for waiting so long to purchase it. It is edge to edge adhesive coverage. I have used mine for buttons,small die cuts, ribbon (but that gets tricky) trip souvenirs.

Well worth the investment.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to jaxxan

You can use the refills w/o the machine itself. It actually uses less adhesive since you don't have to waste the extra part you pull to tear it off.

Expert
In response to Seaexplore

I have had the one with the crank for years. My only complaint is that sometimes I get a "bad batch" of adhesive and have to return the cartridge. I usually wait until there is a coupon to buy more so they are less expensive.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to 1scrappymom

Hmmm using cartridge without the machine. I will try that. I love my Xyrons. I have the largest and smallest and the 250. I use them often.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to southgirl

Using it without the machine will save about 2-3" each time!

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to Seaexplore

I have an X and the Sticker Maker, which I think is the next size up. I love both of them. Usually, the X is perfect and works well for all my letters and other needs. I agree with southgirl - you should trace around the die cut with a stylus or bone folder with the plastic still on. This helps to ensure the adhesive sticks to your die cut and helps reduce the "gumminess" of the adhesive where you don't want it. Hope that makes sense. Also, I like buying the repositionable cartridge - I think it's a little more forgiving if you want to move things around.

I'm sure the tip about not using the machine is a cost saver but personally, I would prefer not to deal with the hassle. I've had my X for over 10 years and I've gotten pretty good at minimizing the waste. I usually only have about an 1" of waste, if that and I always buy my adhesive with a coupon. Try it without and if it's cumbersome, I say buy the little guy with a coupon. Good luck!

I linked up the products so you can see what I'm referring to. My X is super old and orange but I love it and use it all the time!

Edited by sassiescrapper on 07-20-14 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: linked products

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to sassiescrapper

cool - I am gonna put the x on my wishlist!!
thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics