Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: May Budget Challenge        (Topic#1595897)
Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Welcome to the May Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

I would like to add a small twist this month - not for what you cannot buy but for what you did with the stuff you did buy!!

Go to the challenge site and post your project using something you bought in April or May! Couldn't be easier than that.... Happy crafting!!

View Challenge Here: May Budget Challenge

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Sharon is this the right one? I assumed since it has the actual Gallery challenge to join?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Ladybing Tammy

This is the right one!!! I made a slight miscalculation when setting up this months challenge. Being a first timer and all. Just had the error to my budget for the month!!

Speaking of budgets, I am going to put myself on a strict one this month. Phew, thankfully my trip won't be till June It's going to be well under the $310 limit from April, which I did not reach let alone bust.

$75 for the month, including the last C'est Magnifique kit that will be for sale under the original ownership.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

My budget for the month of May is $40.00. I plan on doing a much better job this month than I did in April. I think I went over my budget by about $32.00 last month. Good luck, ladies!!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Brandy Lynn

P.S. Have I mentioned that I have an amazing husband who accepts and even supports my scrapping addiction? He never gets too upset if I exceed my budget, but I must try to stay within it. This month, more Gelatos (I am now completely addicted to them!), and maybe a mask/stencil or two. Also, I have yet to get my hands on the new Tim Holtz FrameWorks Dies. I have three of them in my wishlist, I am hoping to get one of them this month.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I have had my eye on the Gelatos for some time, will this be the month?? Seeing more layouts like the last one jellybean might just put me over the edge!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

Awww, thank you, Sharon! You should give them a try this month! They are so much fun! I imagine there are many ways to use them, so I am excited to explore more techniques!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Here you gals are! I am in (naturally) and have set a budget (obviously) that I don't plan to exceed (HA!) this month!

Jelly, I love those frameworks dies, but alas I only have the tiny Sizzix mini so those won't fit... The big shot is on my wishlist, but I'm waiting till the holiday sales... As for masks, may I suggest that Prima Finnabair Star mask? I think I use that thing on EVERY page!

Sharon, GO for it on the gelatos! I loooove them! I played a little last night in preparation for Saturday's NSD challenges... what I like best is that they clean up so well!

I realized I don't have the neutral gelato colors yet... *GASP*

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oh yes, and for my budget.... Still have a $40 g/c to use on sb.com... (I did not end up using the $10 yesterday) I figured I'd double it just for grins... and pad the budget with a little room for emergencies. OMG I did NOT bust last month!!!! WHO else is surprised besides me?!

Budget: $100
Wishlist: sequins, red buttons, photo overlays, neutral gelatos, Well Rounded & Skyline CW mask, Prima flourish and circles masks and Free Spirit woodies, Prima Seashore pprs/embellies, Kaisercraft texture stamps, A/C embroidery stencil & pockets, Mon Ami & Spice Market pprs, Spice Market alphas, Plus One pprs, Doodlebug teensy type letters
Twist: No Cricut Carts, no more paper!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-01-14 10:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to SonjaC

Thanks for the suggestion, Sonja! I love Prima masks!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lmao at Sonja's twist - both of them!!! Yeah okay but I do love you girl!

My budget shall be $50
My wish list I have not yet decided upon
There shall be no twist to my budget this month

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Thank you so much for hosting Sharon

My budget for this month will be $50 (stop laughing Tammy, Sonja and Kelly) HAhAHAHA ok even I'm laughing.

But I seriously need nothing and now that all of my scrappy stores have closed I can't always get the papers I need (want) lol. And I hate to pay for shipping sooooo I may be OKā€¦plus its mothers day this month maybe I will get some gift certificates

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

laughing - I had to ask Moose if I could take some of his meds for his blood pressure lol (just kidding)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

hahahah!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Okay, it's May 1st and my budget for this month has been spent (I know, I didn't waste any time!). I didn't go over, I actually have two dollars left! Only 30 more days until I can shop again, haha! That's okay, I have some new goodies on the way that I am so excited to work with! I got The Crafters Workshop "Specimen", mask, the blue Faber-Castell gelatos, two stamps, Prima resin flowers (they were on clearance here on SB.com for only $1.39! I got the last set), and some foam brushes.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOLOLOL Courtney (and at Tammy's reply)!

Dang Jelly, I thought I spent fast....

Just saying... Joann's website has $1 shipping today only AND 50% off ALL embellishments! Just saying...

I'm going to stop by their mega store on my way home tonight and see if I can get into any trouble...

Edited by SonjaC on 05-01-14 04:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Courtney - your comment made me laugh too and I don't know your shopping history like the rest of the ladies do.

well dang, spending the whole day at the hospital with dh (shoulder surgery) did not allow me to do any online shopping. I went to pick up his meds at Target and passed right by M's and was not even tempted to go in. Now if I had remembered the Gelatos I probably would have looked!! Guess my mind was on other things...... All is going well with dh, but then the original meds have not worn off yet.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Wow, you have lots of creating time on your hands this month jellybean, I mean what your budget already spent.......... just saying

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Sewflake

I am going to join you ladies this month if I may. I've been doing more spending that scrapping and have no need for more stuff yet each month I find a new "well, ok just this one" that turn into 10.

I have a swap that will cost me 16 dollars.
So besides that I am going to limit myself to 50.00.

Thankfully yesterdays spend doesn't count

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to scrapwriter

Haha, Sonja!! You're not supposed to tell me about deals like that once my budget is already spent!! Oooh, I am so tempted to go and look, those deals are difficult to pass up! Brat, haha!! I'll be good... Did you find many goodies at the store when you stopped in tonight?

Sharon, yes, haha, I have plenty of scrapping time on my hands. No shopping, I can do this. I am on a mission! Also, I hope your hubby heals quickly and will be feeling well very soon.

Bren, aren't you glad you shopped just yesterday?!! Had to laugh when I saw that post! I had already exceeded my April budget, so I should have went for it and shopped yesterday, too!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

I just told my hubby about the Joann deals and he says "take a few more dollars"... yeah, that is not much help, haha!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

$100
Copic class $15
Cricut class $15
Things I buy after class $40
+whatever else that trips my trigger

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

welcome Bren!

Sharon you fit in so well! I hope your dh heals quickly

Jelly - your dh is an enabler - there are people here who don't need his help - just saying lol!

And Sonja - thanks but $1 shipping never applies to the UK so no temptation for me lol

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hi Bren, Welcome!!

And yes Sharon you will learn that I have zero spending control (except the fact that I have a baby and now am a SAHM)

Jelly, my hubby doesn't usually complain when I spend he's usually pretty good to me, but your hubby is a total enabler!!! LOL LUCKY GIRL

I wish I had seen that shipping deal yesterday! I hate to pay for shipping!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Welcome Bren, You know we are all here to help you not spend, don't you??

Live and learn Jellybean!! Oh, and it sound like you have someone that encourages you to spend spend spend and don't need any help from us. I wonder if his encouragement will spill over onto us! Yikes, I hadn't thought of that.

Dh still doing well, just starting to get feeling back in his fingers. Although his care will probably keep me out of the stores this month........ there always the internet!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Courtney, I'm in the same boat as you..... I've never had much control when it comes to spending on my craft items, thats why I have an attic full of fabric for quilting, a closet full of stamps for card making, and a studio full of paper and embellishments for scrapping!!

Fabric and stamps are heading out the door this year..... sometime. With all the terrible weather we have been having I would hate to have to clean up the mess of all this unused items if they get wet or worse things happening.

Darn, I didn't have time to check out the J's site, especially with $1 shipping!!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

My husband is a complete enabler... still trying to decide if this is a blessing or a curse?

Sharon, I am glad your hubby is doing well and on the road to recovery!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Sharon, glad your hubby is doing well and hope he's outta the hospital soon!

Jelly, I told you I'd support you in your budgeting... I just didn't tell you I wouldn't try to enable you some!

And for the record, your DH is a bigger enabler than me! LOL!!

Oh my... so I spent some money yesterday... LOVE that $1 shipping since I hate paying for shipping too... I also found a few things in the mega store too... darn them! Spent $34 total and got quite a few things from my list!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Here's my update! I may end up in the same boat as Jelly... busted the first week in and will have the rest of the month to USE what I have!

Although... MY dh keeps hinting that I'm really going to like my Mother's Day gift... (Mostly he's doing that cuz he wants to drive me crazy, but UNLIKE HIM I can wait! )

Budget: $100-34=$66
Wishlist: sequins, red buttons, photo overlays, neutral gelatos, Well Rounded & Skyline CW mask, Prima flourish and circles masks and Free Spirit woodies, Prima Seashore pprs/embellies, Kaisercraft texture stamps, A/C embroidery stencil & pockets, Mon Ami & Spice Market pprs, Spice Market alphas, Plus One pprs, Doodlebug teensy type letters
Twist: No Cricut Carts, no more paper!

Okay so only a couple items from my budget wishlist were purchased, but several things that have been on my internal wishlist forever were also purchased!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

well thank goodness you updated I was like WHAT Sonja spent and didn't share - no fair!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I'm probably good for a week or so because my goodies from last month came today!!!!

Sizzix Peackock Frame and Flower die set
Tim Holtz Travel Signs Embossing Folder set
Tim Holtz Alterations Picture Wheel die
Tim Holtz Mini Filmstrip and Mini Ticket Sizzlits die set

And my very last SU order that I ordered last month is coming tonight.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I should plan my online orders so that they arrive at the first of the next month... then it feels like I'm spending when it doesn't actually count!

And you know I'll always share what I get, though most of the items weren't in the store this time!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-02-14 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, I'm finding most of the stuff I want to purchase is not in the store! I must have fallen behind on the sales and missed out on all the Gelatos! The only one left was the green and while it's very pretty I did not want to start with green. Oh well, maybe I can find it at HL, M's, or J's, but first I will check online to see if they even carry it.

Thanks for the visual though, it's getting me in the shopping mood!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

I'm here! I am happy to say I did not bust last month! I am going to set my budget at $150 again this month since I didn't satisfy my shopping urge last month. So that being said.....I already spent $60 yesterday. SIL was putting an order in at Joann's so I went in with her so we could split the shipping (unfortunetely the shipping deals never apply to Canada). I got 2 Cricut cartridges (Cindy Loo and Teresa Collins Dec 25th) - I also got a paper pack and I cannot remember what it was called.....Summer something!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

Sharon, the mega-Js by my place had all of the colors except the black/white combo. Need me to go by and get them for you?

Great deal Amanda - too bad about the shipping though... WOW, I thought I spent yesterday, you beat me again! lol

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

I'd like to play please...my husband is threatening mayhem (joking) if I don't stay off internet sites...my monthly budget is $200. I don't have to include items already ordered do I??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

are they already paid for Jorganne? and when did you order them April or May? lol and I shall let the loophole queens at it once you post your answers lol

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Welcome Jorganne, one and all are welcome to agree to spend..... I mean save $ here!!! Not all are successful!

Did you hear that explosion!

That was my budget blowing up!

My Gelatos should arrive about May 14th. That's what it takes to get free shipping.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Quick clean up the mess before anyone notices!! Looking back I pushed my budget close to the limit but didn't break yet. Now I can only hope the kit club kit is UGLY and I decide not to purchase it!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

SHARON!!! You must have taken advantage of J's free shipping over $50 then?

Don't even try to pin that on me... I didn't say anything about the $50 free shipping deal! LOL!

Welcome Jorganne!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

Sonja, you crack me up!! I wish I had a mega store near me. I actually live in a tiny little town. The nearest Joann's is an hour away and it is small! They carry very little scrapbooking products. The nearest Michaels is over an hour away. Good thing for online shopping! I just hate the wait when I am excited to receive an item! Can't wait to see what you get for Mothers Day!

Sharon, you went ahead and got some gelatos!! Yay! What color did you end up getting? My first sets were the green and pink. I order the blue now and am TRYING to have patience waiting for them to arrive!

Amanda, awesome job not busting your budget last month!

Jorganne, welcome to the budget club!

Quick question, do the prints that we order for our layouts come out of our monthly budget? If so, I busted on the 2nd of May, haha!! I am hoping they don't count!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Pictures don't count!!!

I ordered my Gelatos from Blick Art most all of there colors plus chocolate and and Butterscotch in what they call a double dip size. Same price as Scrapbook.com but all in stock!!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Well SHOOT...lol. One purchase was this month. So $200 -$12= $188. Three Tim Holtz stamps. Visual Artistry, life's possibilities & The Journey.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to jorganne

That's so great that prints don't count!. I was so hoping that they didn't! Wow, you got an incredible collection of gelatos, Sharon! Have fun! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Jorganne, I see that you're just as addicted to Tim Holtz products as I am!! Have fun shopping for your new goodies!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

J's has gelatos on sale half price. Online only. Of course there's that shipping thing...unless you spend $50 then it's FREE. $50 wasn't a problem for me since the cricut carts were on sale too!! I needed that Chalkboard one and then... Cutting pads for Sizzix (do they count) The bargains just kept a comin'...so $200 -$12=$188 -$50=$138 oh man is May over yet??? I'm going to need a new budget soon...lol. Thanks everyone for the welcome. And yes jellybean I'm just starting my Tim Holtz collection.

Edited by jorganne on 05-02-14 07:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to jorganne

I saw the gelatos half price and was praying they had the ones I was looking for, but they did not

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

There does seem to be a lot of bargains going on, making this extremely difficult! 2 day in and I am sweating it, haha!! I can do this!

Edited by jellybean53124 on 05-02-14 07:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Well I have 48.00 of items in my shopping cart but 16 are for a swap. I'll see how long I can keep it sitting there before I break.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to scrapwriter

okay even I would not count cutting pads for the sizzix

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ooh and swap stuff or gift stuff for others does not count

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Yea!! So $138 + $7= $145. Thanks I was hoping they didn't count...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

I was looking at J's AFTER I spent my $'s at Blick Arts for the Gelatos. I was a bit sick that I could have gotten them at half price, then I noticed that most of their colors were sold out too!! Plus I could only find ONE Cricut cart that I wanted, all the rest were out of stock!! I felt a little better about my purchase. Not the best price but certainly ALL the colors I wanted! And at a decent price!!

$75 -$65 = $10

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

I only have a few cricut carts and haven't started the gelatos. I'm working on basics first. Bought a sizzix big shot 4 months ago and I'm trying to find dies for it.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to jorganne

Joann's has most of their sizzix dies on sale right now, too! Sadly, they did not have any of the new Tim Holtz Frameworks Dies.

HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY, LADIES!!!!!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

I know it's a bummer...EBay is where I've gotten some for a good price...I find a free or low shipping and Buy it now. Are we allowed to say that here???? Don't want to get in trouble!!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to jorganne

I was wondering the same thing when I was talking about Jo-ann's. I am not sure?

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Uh oh!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

we say Js or Ms

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

We know that not everything is purchased from Scrapbook.com although my dh thinks I try to buy everything! It is a BIG no no to put a link to any other site where me may have gotten a few things. By the time I see things on layout here I want they are already sold out or discontinued! for me but for the budget.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

Today just flew by with all the challenges. I hit a garage sale at 9 am and bought 5 Cricut carts for $5 each and several other items. $43

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

which carts!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Cricut classic font, Playtime, Paper lace, Inspired Heart, and Live Simply.

I have used the font one already and love it!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I also got some stamps, a punch, new Cricut blades, and an embossing folder.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to tinadn

Oh wow!! great haul. I didn't get to the YS yesterday. My DGD is completely healed and back at gym...so a 5 hour practice.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

hoot, hoot on those carts Tina! You can't go wrong at those prices, even if you aren't looking for that type of images.

J's has 1.05 shipping again today! Ask me how I know....... well never mind, I haven't purchased anything yet. Just saying in case others want to look!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

lol Sharon. Nice haul Tina!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

It's time to confess, I did end up spending today......
$40 for Cricut carts - not as good of a deal as Tina but the best I came up with today.
Then there was the $33 for paper, Core'dinations card stock, with $1.05 for shipping. I found it impossible to pass up even though I tried!! Honest, especially after the site dumped me off because I waited so long, I walked away several time, I had a stern talk with myself, but hey no one listens to me anyway.

$75 -$65 = $10 -$73 = -$63

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

ummm that red is pretty big for the 4th of the Month honey.

We need an intervention!!! no MORE cricut carts!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

$5.00 cartridges is awesome, Tina! And, all the other goodies! What a great rummage sale to run into!

Haha, oh no, Sharron! Better luck next month. You did have me laughing with all of your funny comments, though! Have fun with all of your new goodies!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Well in for a pound in for a ton..... or something like that. I have been looking at the Prima Color Bloom spray mists. I could probably hold out until next month but by then they will be sold out. I better take a pill as Tammy is trying an intervention with me!

On my wish list!!

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

Oooh, I saw the Prima sprays and want to try them so badly! For now, they sit in my wish list, but hopefully next month I can get my hands on a couple of them. Let me know what you think of them!! Also, you already busted this month, and not to be an "enabler", but go for it, haha! Was that wrong to say?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol - do you have ANY idea how well both of you fit in with this group!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so let me see...loophole Queens I may need some help here...

It is day 5 (on my clock) and you are already BUSTED - pros and cons
- if you wait they will already be sold out
- if they are already sold out, you will need to find them elsewhere and perhaps even spend more
- if you have to spend more you are in danger of breaking next month's budget even before this one has really began
- you are already busted soooo....
- to be completely frank - if you don't spend on these, you will find something else to spend on this month so might as well

Did I do that justification process well or do we need some extra help here?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

MMS page 3 to get cu on, but wanted to share my gelato page (finally)! I actually was able to sit down and to make it this weekend during NSD! Really happy with how it turned out and the way the rainbow technique worked out (WAY easier than it looks)!
This is ME - NSD Template By SonjaC
BBL to cu on your spending!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

I like your intervention process...LMAO!! Go for it Sharon

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Great, just great! I can see the logic behind the process. I was thinking along those lines myself, I'm already busted so might as well go all out!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Like eating, I am a stress shopper!! Three of the color bloom spray mists are ordered. NOW, I'm staying OFF the internet and going to scrap!!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

You mean we're suppose to STOP shopping long enough to actually use the stuff????

Edited by jorganne on 05-05-14 06:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

yes Jorganne - we are trying to use the stuff and so our sister thread - Hoarders was born!

LOL - I really started out as an intervention and just couldn't argue with the logic lol

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I'm beginning to question the logic of joining this thread!!! It has not curbed my spending but it has definitely made me aware of what I do spend! I guess that is step 1?

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

Your layout is beautiful, Sonja! I, too, love that the gelatos are so easy to work with, but don't appear that way!

You ladies have me cracking up! Glad to have others that share my same logic

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

Tammy: LOL. Guess I'll have to join that next.

Sharon: there you go. I think at the end of the month when I see the figures in black(red) & white it'll help.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Okay, finally able to check in and cu on chatter from TWO pages ago! lol!!

Jelly - have you gotten your gelatos yet???? I meant to ask you what medium you used on your horse pages. Did you mix the greens with gesso or texture paste? Just curious! And thank you for your sweet comment on my gelato page!

Sharon, wow! You did go for the whole thing! And you're just beginning to question the logic of this thread?!?

I forgot to tell you ladies about a site, Craft Junction that carries a Gelato guide book and I believe comes with a couple colors. I saw it at M's but they wanted $25 for it and CJ has it sometimes for as little as $10!

Jorganne, I have those three TH stamps plus four more - LOVE them though I don't use them nearly as much as I should!

Tina - Holy Cricut deals Batman! Those are great deals and SO totally worth it!

Okay, SHARON busted first?!? In what parrallel universe does someone bust before Me, Courtney or Kelly?!?

And TAMMY is Loopholing on someone?!? I must've hit my head harder than I thought cuz I could swear I entered the twilight zone. If Courtney and I don't bust this month and Tammy and Tina do, then I'm going to start watching for locusts and frogs....

OOOOHHHH I had fun writing that!

Tammy's right, though, the logic is sound in that loophole! I should know since I share the Loophole Queen crown with Courtney... hehehe And Sharon, the term is in for a penny, in for a pound. (I should know... in the thesaurus next to that phrase is a picture of me!) And I'm afraid, but I think Jelly and Jorganne fit WAY too well in this group!

Yep, again Tammy speaks the truth, all this shopping got us thinking we needed a HOARDER challenge for the stuff we bought and haven't used. I host that one and am shamelessly plugging it now!

OH I had SO much fun at NSD on Sat!! Several of my LOs use your twist, Sharon to use something you just purchased. I made a royal mess of our living room/office space and got up early yesterday to clean. I ended up reorganizing all my supplies and came to learn a few things:
#1. I have a significant washi tape addiction... Seriously... I may need that intervention too... I counted 89 rolls!!! That said, I only had one of each of red, orange and purple and two yellow... and no pink. *gasp* do I need to shop some more?! Might as well make it to 100... in for a penny, right Sharon?
#2. I LOOOVE the storage containers I got at J's called Loc-Lid to use for my brads, buttons and metal pieces. Would you believe (of course you would) that I bought those two months ago and had YET to fill them?!? THOSE should be my next (and only) purchases this month... but they won't be (see #1)
#3. I need a better way of storing all my embellies... Anyone have a better method besides in their original packaging? I used to have only one of those iris plastic boxes of flowers and another one just for sticker embellies like Jolees... now, I've filled THREE large grocery totes with my collection!!!! And it's extremely inconvenient for searching for something when you're in a rush as I was on Saturday!

I'm playing with my shopping cart at J's, but I really don't need much more... ahem, besides washi tape. Wouldn't mind those prima mists, but what I do really need are storage options... Perhaps a large plastic bin for said embellies??

Well chickens, I need to get to work or something... or back to browsing the challenge entries! LOL

Edited by SonjaC on 05-05-14 09:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja - you do NOT need pink washi tape!!! You have a boy - make do with other colours for woman layouts!

Sharon you are right about step 1 - I started this a long time ago to make me more aware of my spending - even if I went over budget, then I was doing it consciously. I got into the habit, after practice of only buying what I needed for projects i was currently working on. I am now hardly ever busting my budget and when I do - I need to ship heart meds to Sonja!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

actually I think Stephanie started the original thread but it has kinds of grown and changed over the years and I started doing the challenge for those reasons.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

Oh my goodness, Sonja, you are too funny!!! And, 89 rolls of washi tape, HOLY SMOKES, girl! I did just discover the tape, though and I love, love, love it! I have two whole rolls, haha!! Also, my horse layout, I covered the page in gesso, did my masking with modeling paste, and then went over the page with my gelatos I did JUST start a youtube channel and this layout just happens to be my very first video. If anyone would like to see, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4vazk3LrjY

Tammy, I am so glad that you have kept this group going! It has helped me to be very aware of my spending. I used to kind of think "it's only three dollars here, five dollars there", but goodness, that all adds up so quickly when you actually pay attention to it. I am more determined than ever to not exceed my budget this month. So far, so good, but I have to remind myself, it's only the 5th.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

And, thank you, Sharron, for hosting this month!!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

please tell me organization containers DON'T COUNT!!! I just ordered some from M's (did you know they finally have online shopping?). I also bought that cute little embossing purse...so cute. So here I go $138- $15=$123. That is unless I have to take storage off too. Oh and forgot TH movers & shapers the word "HOPE" for $5 that brings me to $118.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to jorganne

quick card I made with stamps from the garage sale
Hello By Tinadn

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Holy Buckets Batgirl, 89 rolls of washi tape seriously?? I see why this thread can be a life saver or in Sonja's case, space saver.
What am I talking about, I just remembered those hundreds of Twinkling H2O's hidden away in the closet. I got one out the other day intending to use them but alas my idea didn't come out as I expected, hence the purchase of the Gelatos. I still have not mastered the art of rubbing color over just the raised area of embossed paper. The color ends up covering everything. More trials ahead!

Jorganne, you will be pleased to know that storage is a legitimate loophole!!! Yea, or I would still be in the hole from two months ago.

I enjoyed your post to much Sonja, you are too funny.

Jellybean, I am going to ask the question before I watch your video. How do you keep your papers from wrinkling from all the moisture of the different mediums used on your layouts. You may address that issue in your video, off to view it now.

Oh, I did get my page done today and will post shortly. Although it does not use anything I bought last month and of course non of this month purchases have arrived yet.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Jorganne I was about 5 feet from the bees maybe - I could see them but I did zoom a bit on my point and shoot camera

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn

M's has online shopping now?!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Yay!

Tina, such a beautiful card! I LOVE that stamp!

Sharon, how I keep my layouts from wrinkling, I usually use a medium weight chipboard piece, which will still warp if I don't put my gesso on both sides. I discovered that by putting gesso on the back, too, it counteracts the warping that would have happened. Works like a charm!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Wow thanks for the tip Jellybean, I will definitely remember then give it a try. From watching you video I thought it looked like your bg was heavier than just card stock. Great video by the way! Congrats on winning the gratefulness challenge!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Awww man, M's has free shipping over $50.......... I will look but I won't touch!!!!

If I do touch it will be only loophole items

Nothing I wanted.

Edited by Sewflake on 05-06-14 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to Sewflake

Thank you for the comment on my video, Sharon! Someday I may work up the courage to actually speak on camera, haha!! Then I could explain things better. Thank you also for the congratulations on the challenge win! With all the beautiful layouts that were entered, I can't believe I won! I am soooo excited!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I am feeling so empowered today! It's after 12 and I have not found anything to purchase yet!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

LIKE LIKE LIKE!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Cricut club tonght, walking into a sb store could be dangerous.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Oh cool Jelly! I've always wanted to try posting videos to YouTube, but always chicken out! I'll check your video out tonight! And great tip on the gesso on both sides, I'll use that too!

Sadly, Tammy, I know you're right about that... pink tapes would hardly be used in my scraproom, BUT one always needs at least ONE, right?

M's finally got with the program, huh? Bout stinkin' time! Not that I need to worry about that... there are three stores within a 15-mile radius of my office and another three or four various J's, Aaron Brothers and LSS! Unfortunately they all rarely carry the types of stuff I like SO... I go back online!

The $14 deal today is tempting, but I'm going to wait... I think...
I went to M's on my lunch break because I needed to get some gel medium to finish these canvas mixed media pieces I'm making for my mom and MIL for Mother's Day. I'll post pix when I finish! Totally random idea and I should have used my weekend to finish them, but I was creatively tapped out after Saturday!

So I got a new paintbrush to use and the gel medium, but they don't count since they are for gifts! HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
I did; however, find a few clearance items I couldn't resist and two Hot Buy 8x11 paper packs of Maggie Holmes and Amy Tangerine papers that I LOVE. Spent another $13... I'm guessing the paper kinda busts my twist, but I'll allow it cuz those packs were regularily $20 for only $5 each! And technically, they contain papers that are on my wishlist, soooooo.... How's that for a loophole, Tammy?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Brandy Lynn
Diva
Brandy Lynn
In response to SonjaC

$20.00 paper packs for $5.00! Can't pass that up!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics