Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: Scrap your stash?        (Topic#1596109)
bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I want to go the whole month of May without buying any scrapbook supplies. Is there anyone who wants to join me? We can use this thread to check in and report how it's going. Looks like akeim1, Crimson Mama, Katnips05, Aunty T, Sneezy1956, Red Squirrel and Huster Mom 98 are going to try it too! Yay. Henri has also joined us!

Edited by bonprof on 05-10-14 02:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Does today have to count?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to CrimsonMama

No. Let's start as of today.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I want to go the whole month of May without buying any scrapbook supplies.

The first thing I think you need to do is sit down and take your temperature. Then call your doctor and make an appointment. You're clearly not feeling well or have a severe case of delirium. I can't diagnose you over the internet, but you've got something terribly wrong with you and I think you need immediate help. Perhaps there's someone in the room with you who can melodramatically slap you across the face like they do in the old movies when someone needs to come to their senses? Throw a glass of water on you? Check you into an institution? Let's all take some deep breaths and you'll snap out of this momentarily. It's going to be okay. There, there. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. There, there. Feeling better? Now, let's just take a little peek at all of those wonderful items in your wish list...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to gin1902

won't work for me i just know it won't

katnip05
Resident
katnip05
In response to cescrapper

I'm in! I've been reading up on die cutters and decided I want a Cameo, but I've got to stop spending and start saving!!

nanof8 
Veteran
In response to cescrapper

I went all of April not buying and used what I had it wasn't easy one layout couldn't get the papers right so re printed the photo into black and white.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to nanof8

Oh good if today doesn't count then awesome! I just bought albums and page protectors though oh and dylusions ink but I need that.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Ha ha!! You are so funny. I know it will be rough but I can do it! Come on now, people! We can do this!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

LOL~Donna, you're a (much!) stronger woman than I am for even trying! Good luck! Are you *sure* you don't want to look over your wish list? All those delicious items just waiting to jump into your cart? They're beckoning to you~I can hear them!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to gin1902

Ohhhhhh...I would, BUT....I really need a new white pen!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to justowen

I will starting today but I will have to pay for my kit the end of the month, since I'm committed to it.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sneezy1956

Thats great! Thanks for joining me!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

Good luck, Donna. I couldn't do it. I'd desperately need a glue dot or something. And when I was buying just a glue dot, I'd probably remember that I needed that perfect shade of paper to match what I was making and needed the glue dot for since what I had in my stash wasn't quite as perfect as what I could probably buy and as long as I was buying a glue dot and more paper, I really ought to get embellishments that match the new paper and if I were getting close (say, oh, by 20-30$) to the 5$ off on a 50$ purchase, I might as well get a few other things I might "need" and the whole not buying anything for a month would be ruined for the want of a glue dot.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

You know me so well!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

I reckon I could do it Donna. I have a gift card for HobbyCraft burning a hole in my purse, but as long as nothing broke (my trimmer is hanging on by a thread - bits keep pinging off it) or ran out (brown marker - replaced on Saturday, phew!) I could make it through May.

Count me in!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Yay!!!

akeim1
akeim1 
Veteran
akeim1
In response to bonprof

I'm IN!!! I just made 23 pages over the 3 day NSD crop and only had to buy 1 piece of cardstock and 1 pack of flowers that were a better fit than anything I had brought with me! I STILL have gobs of stock and am seriously trying to use more of it. I made a few purchases of new goodies at the scrapbook expo in Orlando last weekend (some Ireland paper because I know I'm going there later this year, and a 'I make 60 look good' laser cut title for the big one coming this august - ugh!), but NOTHING MORE FOR NOW!
It helps that the closest hobby-type store is over 25 miles away

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to akeim1

Awesome!! Thanks for joining us!! Anyone else?

Expert
In response to bonprof

I should because I have so much, and I could because I don't have my Archivers anymore, but probably won't!!! I actually went through all of April without breaking my monthly $50 bill for scrapbooking supplies, although I did use other cash for piddly little things at HL a couple of times...in my mind I technically didn't buy any scrapping supplies since I didn't order anything online nor did I break my $50! But on May 1st that nonsense all ended...

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to HuskerMom98

Yay plenty of players! Are you going to add us to the first post so that we can see who's playing, and check in?

23 pages over 3 days?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I would love to, but I am not sure how to do that. Can you help me with that?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

Just go to your top post in this thread and click Edit. Then you can add our screen-names.

You might want to take all those spaces off the bottom of your signature to reduce the size too?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Okey I bought stuff last night.

I spent most the day washing windows outside. I think I deserve it.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

well I just spent about 200 dollars yesterday so I guess that makes me IN!!!
yay wish us luck

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to mindygail

Good luck everybody! I still think somebody is going to desperately need a glue dot, but I can't wait to see how everybody fares. And in the mean time, I'll see what I can do about keeping the economy going for the month. Somebody's got to keep sb in business 'till you guys get back!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Gin, count me in on your team :>) I don't do much scrapping since I'm too busy organizing, but buying...now, that is just plain fun :>) I may not use it all, but eventually people will inherit it and they'll be so happy! And I've learned the hard way, if I want something, buy it because chances are it won't be available later!

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426
In response to mrsdriver5

Can't we start in June? Joanne's just sent me great coupons for Teacher Appreciation and my birthday. I have to use both. How could I not use their birthday gift to me?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Ha ha!! Thanks for your support. I should own half the company with the money i've spent here!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 05-06-14 12:11 PM
In response to bonprof

Okay, I'll give it a whirl. I have plenty of stuff to use up!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to vawm

Yay. Strength in numbers! We can do it!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Ok, so everyone try to check in once a day and let us lnow how you're doing. If you feel like posting a layout you made with your stash, feel free! Good luck everyone!

Edited by bonprof on 05-06-14 12:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

akeim1
akeim1 
Veteran
akeim1

yep...how did I do it? by spending the two weeks beforehand creating page kits, with photos, papers, embellies etc all in a large ziploc bag. This way, when I got there, I could just grab a bag and start working.
Granted there are always things I change along the way, so I also bring extra bling, flowers, buttons etc with me, but 90-95% of what I need is in the bag.
Being organized is the only way I could accomplish this. my ADD would go crazy otherwise

akeim1
akeim1 
Veteran
akeim1
In response to bonprof

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/269481/view /4210479/...

heh-heh - couldn't resist sharing this sign.

Teresa0817
Expert
Teresa0817

I'm in, I spend WAY to much and I don't need a thing! I just WANT. This might help!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Teresa0817

WTG Donna!

Well it's day 6, I haven't spent anything today, and I'm going to bed now. Only 25 days to go.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Good night!! See you tomorrow.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Teresa0817

Welcome Teresa! Good for you!

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 05-07-14 05:50 AM

When the nonsense all ended, what did you buy, what did you buy?? There are some cutes paper lines coming out I can't wait to get my hands on!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to ckair

I know! I haven't really bought much for a while, but now I've made a conscious decision not to spend, I'm finding myself making lists of what I want!

I need a new blade for my Silhouette, and I've got my eye on the stamping material and mat.

Some shell stamps.

I also need a new pair of cutting mats for my Cutterpede trimmer, but I've had it since 2008 and bits are now starting to crack and fall off it. It's perfectly usable, but for how long, I wonder? When it finally dies, I will get another the same because that trimmer owes me nothing whatsoever. It has been just amazing.

heather375
Tenant
heather375

ohhh! wrong time of the year for me! I NEED to do this, but here in Indiana it's just starting to get warm (70's today!) and garage sales are just starting!

This would be something I'd have to do in the cold months. I can't pass up a bargain at a garage sale!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to heather375

I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavor...and Gin and I will happily keep the scrapbooking economy running at full-speed:>) We wouldn't want it to shut down because no one is buying anything! I'll have to ramp it up a notch to take up the slack. It's tough...but I'll do it for the good of the economy...

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Your "shopping" has all recovered then Judy?

How would you cope with having a gift card to a craft shop burning a hole in your purse for the rest of the month then?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Oh, how the mighty have already fallen, Rosey. Already looking for a way around the rules to buy something on day 7. Bahahahahaha! Come on over to our side. C'mon! It's just one tiny little purchase away. Me and Judy(her) will welcome you with open arms. Well, metaphorically as both of us will be loaded down with our purchases, so, open hearts rather. It's fun over here. Across the line. In the land of packages expected and arriving...c'mon, you can do it.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 05-07-14 12:37 PM
In response to gin1902

Still spending free here! I did download a freebie stamp, but used paper, ink and colors from my stash, so the price was right, right?

akeim1
akeim1 
Veteran
akeim1
In response to vawm

still purchase-free, but still recovering from my extreme scrapping weekend... doing things like putting finishing touches on pages and journalling.
I see a light at the end of the tunnel, so expect to scrap some pages this weekend with only my supplies

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

You people are too much!! Don't tempt us! You know our weakness! The smell of fresh paper...the allure of a new punch, the touch of a new bag of embellishments.. Be strong I say! Don't touch that mouse, dare not add to the wish list! Spend not!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to vawm

You are good and faithful! Scrap on!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to akeim1

Great job!! Stay strong!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
You people are too much!! Don't tempt us! You know our weakness! The smell of fresh paper...the allure of a new punch, the touch of a new bag of embellishments..

Muahahahahaha!!!!!

I'm not sure those of us on the "other" side have to do all that much.....Rosey's already caving and I think it's a matter of sitting back (with all of our new scrapbooking supplies) and watching.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Rosey, I actually have a couple of craft shop gift cards, but I save them for those times that I think I shouldn't really buy anything. They're my tonic to get me through the rough patches of "What Was I Thinking?"...kind of like a recovering alcoholic keeping a bottle hidden away "just in case". I love the knowledge that I'm only a gift card away from a purchase :>)

Yes, I was worried when I no longer wanted to shop or eat cake after my recent surgery, but the shopping thingamajig must have healed nicely and I'm getting back to my old ways :>) So far cake still doesn't sound good, which I guess is a good thing...but I do miss it, even if it doesn't sound appetizing~

OK...I need to complete my sb.com order~ Someone has to keep the company in business!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Scary, isn't it? Lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
Rosey's already caving and I think it's a matter of sitting back (with all of our new scrapbooking supplies) and watching.

I've got my comfy chair and some snacks so I can watch the fun :>) I also have my new purchases to organize while I watch. I wonder if it's OK for us to take online bets on who caves first? One of us would surely win...and have more scrappy money! Pull up a chair, Gin...this is going to be good~

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I dunno, Judy(you). We start throwing cash around and somebody's liable to run off with it and buy scrapbooking supplies when we're refilling the popcorn bowl.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

No, Gin, everyone except you and me have promised to be new-stash-free for the month...well, except maybe we can pull Rosey onto our side :>) I bet everyone else is going to hunker down and not budge...but come June 1st, all the shelves in the craft stores will be bare :>) So, I guess if everyone is going to keep their promise, there won't be much for us to bet on, will there? OK, I'll just sit here and watch them twitch~Gin, could you refill my iced tea glass while you're up getting the popcorn?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

25 days to go. That's a lot of iced tea and popcorn. I've received 1 order this month already and I have 1 on the way. That's 2 plus I'm waiting for a couple of the new lines to come out, so that's either a 3rd monster order or a couple smaller ones. I wonder how many orders I can get in this month! Not as many as you, Judy(you), you're the shopping queen, but let's keep track too. Here ya go, here's a nice ice tea refill.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

I've received two orders this month, just ordered from here so I could use the Save $14 code, and I have a J's order ready to go, except I'm still kinda throwing some things into the cart :>) Thanks for the tea. Maybe I'll make us some cookies to snack on while we watch this crew tomorrow~

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hee hee.. One day at a time...10 minutes at a time!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bonprof

You can do it! (I've got money on you )

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Don't buy anything new~
If you do you'll rue!

Wait until the first~
then slake that purchasing thirst!

You can do it if you try~
though I can't for the life of me think why!

All the new pretties will be gone~
Nothing left over upon which to fawn.

All bought up by Judy and gin~
Who'll max out their credit cards just to win.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

I caved already. Couldn't pass up Scrapbook.coms sale on the Technique Tuesday line. I've had my eye on some of their dies for a while. I know....I'm so weak.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to olleharr

Welcome, Lisa. Pull up a chair and join Judy and myself. Popcorn?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Welcome to the Dark Side, Lisa! Let me pour you some iced tea~

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I still love you Lisa!! On with the show!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bonprof

How is everyone else doing? Does sb.com know any of your secret vices, like they did Lisa's? Beware...the marketing gods/goddesses are out to find you.

(They have it easy for me...I like and buy it all!)

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to bonprof

Count me in! We have a new Hobby Lobby closer to my home and I shopped in April but look forward to the challenge of using what I have and staying out of the stores for the next few weeks!

Veteran

OK, as long as what we've already bought this month doesn't count. Nor the things we've ordered that haven't arrive yet! I'm mad at JoAnn's anyway. I ordered a set of 40 Prima edgers on NSD. Today I get an email saying that they "aren't available" but are still showing on the website. No rain checks, either! If I don't go, they might go out of business. LOL! I'm in!

Edited by Mimiof123 on 05-07-14 08:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to mj scrappin'

LOL! Thanks. Glad to know I'm not alone.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
Good luck, Donna. I couldn't do it. I'd desperately need a glue dot or something. And when I was buying just a glue dot, I'd probably remember that I needed that perfect shade of paper to match what I was making and needed the glue dot for since what I had in my stash wasn't quite as perfect as what I could probably buy and as long as I was buying a glue dot and more paper, I really ought to get embellishments that match the new paper and if I were getting close (say, oh, by 20-30$) to the 5$ off on a 50$ purchase, I might as well get a few other things I might "need" and the whole not buying anything for a month would be ruined for the want of a glue dot.

If you give a scrapper a glue dot...............

OMG Gin you have me laughing so hard. I want to watch this thread for the entertainment of the gin and Judy show.
Too funny.

However I am rooting for you Donna. You can do it. If the dark side becomes too much you can always move this to challenges forum!
Oh and Rosey if it's a gift card paid for by someone outside of your household then scrapbook code is it doesn't count as a purchase. It's a gift and wouldn't it be rude to deny someone the pleasure of giving you a gift?

Good luck to both sides..........by the way did anyone note the discount off $100 purchases today. Hope they don't run free shipping during this challenge! mmmmuuuhaaahaaaa!

Edited by jaxxan on 05-07-14 08:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to jaxxan

Well, of course I noticed the discount on $100 purchase :>) I was actually considering how many times I could make multiple $101 purchases to save $14 a whole bunch of times!

When I was counting my purchases for this month, I forgot yesterday's, but I'm still averaging less than one purchase per day :>) I'm not only trying to keep all the sb stores going strong, but also all the package delivery people. Think of all the people without jobs if I didn't do my part. I mean, I don't really want to buy all these things, but it's my duty as a citizen. (Gin, that's your cue for singing your stirring rendition of the National Anthem as we proudly wave our charge cards high in the sky...)

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

Hey, hey! I never said I was caving. Not once! I'm NOT spending DESPITE the gift card burning a hole in my purse. That makes me amazing, right?

You put that tail away and stick a hat over your horns Gin! (Where's that sticky-out-tongue emoticon when you need it? )

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to mj scrappin'

Yay! Glad you could join us!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Good Morning!
did I mention that I joined the mini book challenge this month? So, I am digging and rooting in my scraproom for everything I need. If anyone on "my team" would like to send a RAK that would be awesome. The book will be bright earthtone colors and will be titled the "Lil' book of Me". hee hee.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to gin1902

Okey I need some corrugated and there is none on hand in the garage....l.and that right there is unreal. Hubby is in a EBay selling mode so I can't have his boxes.

If I but Kraft corrugated at Office Depot does that count?

akeim1
akeim1 
Veteran
akeim1

********! my LSS just sent out an email for fancy pants collection kits...buy one get TWO free!!
I've asked her to set 3 aside and I'll pick them up in JUNE!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to akeim1

YEA!

I found a sheet of Recollections corrugated in my stash! No buying trip neceasary! Whew.....

Edited by CrimsonMama on 05-08-14 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to akeim1

• akeim1 Said:
********! my LSS just sent out an email for fancy pants collection kits...buy one get TWO free!!

You're wicked!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

P.S. Still no spending, despite that sizzling noise and smell of smoke from the bottom of my purse...

Well I ordered a couple of pairs of pyjamas for my cousin's 3rd birthday present, but that doesn't count, does it?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

• RedSquirrel Said:
  • akeim1 Said:

You're wicked!

Oh, my word..........that's hilarious!!!!! Your rationale just kills me!!!

I'm making no such promises.....just here for the show!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to flintridgescrapper

Hi, Judy (not me)...feel free to pull up a chair. Gin has lots of popcorn and tea that I'm sure she'll share with the Spend It While You Can team. I'll soon get the cookies out of the oven to pass around. Ooo, they smell so good, I bet the aroma will bring some of the "other team" over to our side :>)

I haven't even looked yet to see what sb is taunting us all with today. Hope it's something good! I bet akeim is over on our side before long...sneakiness will bring her over yet :>) We almost had Vicki on our team, but there are still lots of days to go! Go team...buy, buy, buy!!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I saw that too, Judy(you)! We almost landed Vicki~whew, she was so close too...just a matter of time...Hi Vicki! *waving*

Yep, we've got lots of popcorn and tea and we'll probably send out for pizza or chinese later. Oh, and scrapbooking supplies. Which reminds me, have you guys seen these from the new products? Mmm... the paper pads are in my cart and I'm getting my credit card out.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Judy(you)~I love the "Spend It While You Can" team name, but the acronym isn't working for me. SIWYC~? Si-wick? Siw-yuk? Also my team t-shirt doesn't fit well.

I agree, akeim is leaning our direction... *I* think she should act quickly or someone else will scoop up those 3 items loooooooooonnnnnnnngggg before June. In a totally unrelated note, our secret purchasing commando team has just checked in and they're reporting that a mission involving fancy pants something or other is underway.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

You can go off people, you know, Gin?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

{sizzle}

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Um, what? Rosey? Not sure I'm following~I may have been distracted by that gorgeous art deco paper. Off 'cause I wrote we had "lost popcorn" instead of lots of it? Off people I know? Or off like run off? Help me out here~I'm a bit confuddled. Probably because I was placing an order at the same time I was posting. Go team!

Edited by gin1902 on 05-08-14 10:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• Quote:
P.S. Still no spending, despite that sizzling noise and smell of smoke from the bottom of my purse...

ROFLOL!

I have a wish list on here calling my name and my birthday is this weekend. Not sure I will make it.

If my husband buys me scrappy items from a wish list for my birthday, does that count?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Hmm...interesting question, Vicki. That's a pretty fine technical point. I think that if he was going to buy you your wish list before you wandered into this thread, that wouldn't count against you. On the other hand, if he were really going to buy you a toaster... and *somehow* his mind got changed.....

I can see you want to come over. I can just tell from your typing. And happy birthday early.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

OK, done with another sb order. Prima is on sale today and I really love Prima :>) I already placed my order before I saw your suggestions for the day, Gin. Maybe tomorrow :>)

Come on over, Vicki. We've got the cool munchies, team shirts...and not so cool team name. It was a spur-of-the-moment name while I was heating up my credit card, Gin. Feel free to choose a name that fits your acronyms (and shirt) better :>)

I agree with Gin that if you happen to sway your hub's decision on presents, then you're definitely a part of our team, but if he was already planning the purchase, well, then you don't get to share our pizza. Hope you have a happy birthday...with new scrappy stuff...and as a part of the cool team!

Gin...will you pass me that craft-sales flyer when you've finished drooling on it?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I love the name! Just can't get a good sounding acronym going. I'm not sure I'm mad keen on "Sptwhoca" but I'll work on it.

So, if I accidentally didn't order the art deco adhesive gems with the rest of the deco stuff I ordered and I had to place a separate order for just the gems but I had fully intended to include them (Rosey threw me off with me going off and I still don't know what she was telling me to do~hello Rosey!) in my original order, does that "really" count as 2 orders? 'Cause I don't want to be padding our score.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Well, you can hardly be blamed for forgetting, when you were being taunted...or even possibly threatened...by Rosey. And she looks so sweet~

It sounds like you definitely have two orders and if you're paying the shipping for the second order, you probably should add some things to it...like Prima's Seashore collection that's on sale today.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-08-14 10:49 AM

cookies? Did someone say cookies?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

Curses! I bought some of the Seashore the other day when it wasn't on sale. But you're right. Those little gems are awfully lonely in the cart all by themselves...

Yes, Vae~we have cookies. Every kind imaginable. Well, not the computer kind of cookies, the real kind that are delicious. It's wonderful over here. You should join us. If (pfft..."if") you've shopped at all lately or intend to sometime during the next 24 days, you belong over here. I'll just scootch over a little on our very comfortable couch.

Veteran
In response to Vae

Okay! I fell off the wagon. My name is Sandy an I am an addict! I ordered the Prima chalk edgers from JoAnns. They said they had them and then they really didn't. LIARS!!!! I ordered them today from here. They were on sale already for $67.99, but with the extra 20% off, they were too much to resist! I promise to be good for the rest of the month! Besides, DH asked me if I was having an affair with the UPS guy or the FedEx man, because their trucks are here waaay too much! He doesn't understand that I NEED stuff!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Mimiof123

Hi Sandy. Welcome to the couch and team Spend It While You Can. You're amongst friends here. Have some popcorn.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Also, we don't judge. We all have a special relationship with our delivery people.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Are we having fun yet? I am ok and I am not caving in!!!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

I'm gurgling over here. Gin and Judy, you guys are so naughty, and you dragged Mimi into your dastardly trap. Mimi I'm sorry you failed the test. I may just have to go and investigate what was so amazing that it corrupted you though...

Yay Donna! I should like to go on record as confirming that I have not bought anything scrappy at all. Not caving. Only 21 more days left to go, and my gift card is still smouldering.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
Also, we don't judge. We all have a special relationship with our delivery people.

Well, I won't say the relationship is always good, but special, yes. I think we should be finished with the court dates before long :>) Who knew that a delivery of 67# of DCWV products would break a mail lady's back? Actually, she still speaks to us but the other delivery guys not so much. Guess it takes a woman to carry the heavy boxes :>)

Vae, I was wondering where you'd disappeared to. I guess the smell of freshly-baked cookies and the ringing of the cash registers got your attention. We're assuming you're on our team!

I hope the other team is enjoying their month of denial...and they're all probably making huge lists of everything they'll be buying on June 1st. Note to anyone from sb.com who might be reading...you might want to put on extra staff at the first of next month. There are going to be some scrappy-hungry people knocking at your door!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Hi, Sandy. I looked at the chalk edgers. You're right...it's a great buy, but I have already bought a bunch of them singly, so I'm trying to decide if I really need the whole set...but I use them a lot...so maybe...

Come on over. Can I pass you a cookie?

Rosey, you really should go check out what Sandy bought. It's worth coming over to our side. I'll even make a veggie plate for you to nibble on while you watch the action~

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-08-14 01:48 PM

You know me... "will brake for cookies... or cake"

I can't really join since I shopped a little on May 2, and then today I bought 2 photo cleaning cloths that I tried out on NSD. And there's some Prima that's practically screaming my name right now. So yeah, scoot over and make some room on that comfy couch and pass the cookies. Anyone have any Dr. Pepper? With ice?

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics