Username Post: Am I the only one....        (Topic#1596303)
heather375
Tenant
heather375

Am I the only one that buys scrapping stuff at Walmart? Walmart is 20 minutes away, and the ONLY place to get scrapping supplies. I have to drive over an hour north, or south, to get to a Michaels, Joanns, or Hobby Lobby...or even a Meijers! You can bet whenever I do venture to one of these bigger towns, I buy whatever my pocketbook will allow! Just wondered if I'm the only one.......

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to heather375

I buy from Walmart when I happen to be there. Oddly Joanns, Michael's, and AC Moore are all closer to me then a Walmart so I shop at them much more often.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to disneylisa

I have shopped at Walmart and Target for supplies. When I am in Walmart, I am so overwhelmed by the size that I never get to the scrapbooking things! As a matter of fact, since they remodeled my local Walmart, I don't think I know where they are.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Frau_Cooney

I used to shop at Target (until they stopped stocking scrappy goodies) and K-Mart. Then I moved from Australia back to the UK and we don't have those here.

I really ought to check out the vast, get-lost-in, need-a-scooter-to-get-aro und Asda/Walmart that we now have 10 miles away. I don't shop there because like you, the size is just too much for me, and it isn't much cheaper. I always forget that it might possibly have scrappy stuff now.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I like the cardstock packs at WM. Ours doesn't carry too much else besides paper and stickers.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-14-14 01:43 PM
In response to olleharr

I always check the aisle... my walmart has a decent half-aisle and a lot of times their tools like xacto blades and things will be on clearance. Once they were having a huge clearance on smashbook stuff and I grabbed quite a bit of it.

My Target still has a scrappy aisle but I've heard that several don't anymore.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I definitely shop at walmart.com. I love online shopping...I can browse as long as I want and my feet don't get tired :>) Like anything else at WM...some things are terrific buys and others not so much. Whenever I'm shopping for a definite item, I check all the online stores, remembering the shipping fees, but most items at WM can either be shipped (U.S.) for free or free store pick-up.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I never have, but it's good to know they have scrappy stuff. I like shopping here except for the month of May. Hee hee

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 05-14-14 03:40 PM
In response to bonprof

I have a few times. Ours has nothing but cardstock and a few stickers and a few odds and ends

Expert
In response to poi

I avoid Walmart like the plague, but the few times I've been in there and happen to come across the scrapbooking aisle I've been less than impressed. I do go down the scrapbooking half-aisle at my local Target, but mostly I'll look for clearance stickers first, then see what the item on clearance is.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to HuskerMom98

we only have a wm close by me we have little scrapbook store by me. if I want to go to Michaels or Joann's it little more of a drive

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to southern lady

I shop at Wal Mart and I have bought a few scrapbook items from them. But they don't have very many scrapbook items. But I like their 8.5x11 color and black cardstock and the white cardstock.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justartguy007

I am another who avoids Walmart like the plague. Our Walmart just isn't a pleasant place to shop and after dark I really don't feel to safe in the parking lot.

Over the past few years I've gravitated more and more to online shopping like scrapbook.com - and I order on free shipping days.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Henri Jean

Walmart paper fades!

chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl
In response to NMlady

Thank you guys!! I had NO idea WM sold craft items. The things you learn on this site

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chinagirl

Rosey, I have never seen scrapbooking stuff as such in the Asdas that I have been in in either Manchester area or up here in Glasgow.

But as you are more southerly, you might get better stuff.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Our Walmart has seriously downsized their scrapbook section. Just a few papers and stickers. No more cricut mats or supplies.

heather375
Tenant
heather375
In response to Castle Scrapper

Our Walmart has actually expanded their scrapping section. Maybe because I spend so much money in that dept!! I got my cricut machine on clearance from there and they change their paper selection every few months so I check it out every time I'm there

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

our walmart has a small section. no stamps but paper pads and stickers. It's not my favorite but it is better than nothing!

Veteran
In response to wilbur

Our Walmart does carry some things.They carry paper pads by COLORBLOK.there is a small section of stickers,glue, xyron refills. not much else. I do get somethings at Meijers .. Most of the time it is Micheals though.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to SHARON ELISE

Our Big Lots has more scrapbook stuff than our WM. I just bought 8 packages of Bazzil cardstock for .50 each at BL . The package doesn't say how many pieces are in there, but I think it is a good price. Our WM reduced their craft aisle a few months ago and now mostly has a few Jolees stickers from several years ago. I kind of giggle at some of the posts on here about not wanting to drive 10 or 15 miles (or minutes) to shop somewhere. Where we live the closest store other than a gas station mini mart, is at least an hour's drive and over a 5k mountain pass. And that town is much smaller than most towns in our state. But I wouldn't trade our living spot for anything, especially with internet shopping!

Veteran

The WM here has very limited supplies and the papers that they stock are super thin and not of a very good quality. They do have a few kinds of glue dots and some mini stamps. I hate WM and don't go there unless absolutely necessary. It's an hour's drive to Michaels, JoAnns or Hobby Lobby, so when I do go, I tend to over do it! I do love Tuesday Morning. They have wonderful bargains on the stuff they o have.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Mimiof123

As I said, I love the online WM shopping and they have a large selection of crafty stuff. I like that I can return things to a WM store (or by mail), whereas J's won't take online returns in their store. I always have enough in my WM cart that I don't pay shipping. I haven't been inside WM, except the returns desk, in a couple of years, so I don't know what our stores carry anymore.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to mrsdriver5

The WalMarts here have a very small selection of scrappy items, about half of an aisle. Mostly paper and some outdated stickers. Several years ago I picked up a box of their glue dots because I was in a rush to get to a crop or class, the glue dots were horrible! Half of them weren't sticky and the other half were cemented to the paper strip and unusable. I don't go into WalMart unless it is a severe emergency, but I don't bother checking the scrappy items. I just don't think what they have is worth the price.
Luckily I have several HL stores relatively close, at least on my way to and from work, and the Js that is close to where I work has a very nice scrappy department. And if I'm looking for something out of the ordinary, there's always online shopping.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail

I totally know how you feek!
I live in a med size town and we only have one craft store like 25 mn away!
for years I have gone to wal mart!!!
they expanded their section so that is good but only colorbok same here!!!!
good luck and try ordering online!!!!!!!!!!!!
god bless,
mindygail

katnip05
Resident
katnip05
In response to mindygail

I buy the Colorbok papers at wal-mart and I use the card stock for layouts but nothing where I would need to fold it because it cracks. I would love to not shop there but otherwise we only have a hobby lobby here. The closest JoAnn's or Michael's is two hours away. Well, we do have target but their scrappy section is pathetic now. Thank goodness for online shopping!

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to katnip05

your right target has a tiny scrapbook section in my town as well!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics