Username Post: Favorite Kit Club or Monthly Club        (Topic#1596461)
KathyMcDaniel
Veteran
KathyMcDaniel

Hello to All,

I would like to know what is your favorite scrapbook monthly club or kit club?
Do you or have you belong to a club? which one is best for your buck? best quality? most product? most unique?

Edited by KathyMcDaniel on 05-26-14 06:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to KathyMcDaniel

I get one every month from the scrap room. You get 4 different double page kits, but I seem to get more than that if I have the need. They also provide instructions if you're looking for inspiration in the form of recipe cards.

I also think you get a lot from SEI, but my style of scrapbooking sometimes leaves the kits untouched and I have to make a point to use them. They only come every other month though.

I've gotten kits through this website, but I get kits because I feel like I do the same layout over and over. Theirs doesn't come with "inspiration" so to speak.

I've also done the simon says stamp card kits. Boy do you get a lot with them. I'm so behind in my scrapbooking I don't even have time to make cards. But if I did,I'd get them again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps someone else!
Shawn

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to shawnandjeremy

I did some research recently on kit clubs and I so far like:
1. studio calico
2. Hip Kit Club
3. Stampin Up

so there you go !!!
I don't know if I can afford to do any of that right now so ol well!!! maybey some day...

KathyMcDaniel
Veteran
KathyMcDaniel
In response to shawnandjeremy

Thank you!!!

Cloverlady
Angel
Cloverlady
In response to KathyMcDaniel

There are tons of scrapbook monthly kits and the key is finding one that suits your style. I used to belong to club SEI and I like how you can do previews of your kits and cancel if you do not like. I like a club that allows you to skip kits and has previews. I found after awhile I quit club SEI nothing against them but I realized alot of the papers were not my style. I am currently with club scrap and I love them the paper is very high quality and they have fast and friendly service and they really seem to care about their customers. They do allow you to skip a kit but do not have previews. Every scrapper is going to have a different answer to this question as everyone has their own unique style and needs. I do love club scrap and would reccomend them to anyone but I suggest you look at different kits and see what they contain. Alot of clubs allow you to buy sample kits. Try to find one that best fits with your personal style. Important thigns to look for our can you skip kits, are their previews, how long is the time commitment, cost, what does kit contain and what does S&H cost.

lovelymae
New Kid On the Block
lovelymae
In response to Cloverlady

Club SEI
http://www.clubsei.com/options.cfm
I ended up leaving them after a year because I got a ton of album kits and didn't have enough photos to fill them! It was a good kit though. Lots of pretty coordinating papers and the kits came with ideas too on how to make layouts. They now have a few other kits like the paper crafting one and the card making one that I haven't tried yet.

Scrapbook Generation Super Sketch Club
http://scrapbookgeneratio n.com/index.php?route=informat...
I just recently started this one. Their sign up was a little confusing for me as to what I would be getting etc. But their paper is all new and current popular lines which I love! Some clubs have old stuff that is just annoying to receive. I get their add on option as well. So for $30/month I create 14 pages. So at a little over $2/page. Their standard kit is only $20. They also have a card kit too. The Super Sketch Club kit comes with digitally drawn layout sketches but they also have the full color photos of the layouts posted online after they ship.

Paper Pumpkin (SU)**
https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/
I loved this kit for a while! I was a member for a little over a year. The only reason I cut it was because I was cutting unneeded expenses. The kit is only $20 and that includes shipping. Every kit comes with a new stamp set and mini ink to use on the cards as well as all the pieces needed to create the cards. Sometimes they switch it up and send a banner, mini book or notepad etc. to create instead of a card. It was a fun little kit to get. I feel like just buying the stamp and ink alone would cost $20 so it was totally worth it!

**disclaimer I'm not a consultant

DeborahM-Mom of Two
Idol
DeborahM-Mom of Two
In response to lovelymae

I've done a bunch of different ones. Right now I get Cocoa Daisy's monthly kit and Studio Calico's project life kit.

Look over the site's past kits - go back six months. Are their kits your style? Would you use the products? Do you want exclusive items or stamps? It doesn't pay to get into a kit (usually they have minimum purchases - i.e. six month, a year) and find out that you're not using what you've bought or really don't like what you're getting.

cinderella4282
Guru
cinderella4282
In response to DeborahM-Mom of Two

The biggest thing about kits is finding one that matches your style. Check the design team and how they inspire you. Are the materials something you would use? Are the embellishments your style?

The kits are a great way to expand your stash. I'm a mixed media addict - if my hands aren't covered I ink I've done something wrong. So I like scraps of elegance/darkness and swirlydoos. But that's just me.

Good luck!!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to cinderella4282

I used to do club scrap and after 3 years stopped because I wasn't able to get through each kit and I felt bad for accumulating so much stuff. It's been at least 6 years since I did a kit club but today I signed up for studio calicos scrapbook kit club. They have a special right now that with a promo code they are posting on FB you get your first month free. I'm looking forward to trying the kit club thing again.

dena magyar
Tenant
dena magyar
In response to Shutterbugg

I did Scraptastic Kit Club for a while and loved it! There are 3 offerings each month - one for project life style scrappers and the other 2 for traditional 12x12 scrappers. The papers and mix of products are super cool and they make pairings that I would never think of. They also have exclusive stamp sets. The downside for me was that it got expensive because the offerings were so cool I had to get it all! It is cost effective if you stick to the core kit.

Cricutgirlg
Guru
Cricutgirlg
In response to terribradford

Thanks for asking the questions. I learned so much and Terri B. I'm enjoying your channel on youtube.

TinaGale
Resident
TinaGale
In response to Cricutgirlg

I just started with Paper Camellia. I love it because it's primarily paper and embellishments. I didn't want stamps or a lot of cardstock. It's also my style of manufacturers.

yayaprincess
Expert
yayaprincess
In response to TinaGale

Great info, will be checking these out since brick and mortar stores are all but nonexistent.

New Kid On the Block
In response to lovelymae

I love the kits from swirlydoos and flying unicorn! And both have TONS of project ideas available on their sites, on facebook, or in their foums. I discovered them through posts on scrapbook.com.

http://www.swirlydoos.com/

http://www.flyingunicornstore.com/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics