Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: June BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1596565)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the May Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month! Optional: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

I would like to add a small twist this month - not for what you cannot buy but for what you did with the stuff you did buy!!

Twist: Share a project in which you used something you bought within the last month (i.e. May/June)! Happy crafting!!

View Challenge Here: June BUDGET Challenge

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

I am in again! My budget this month will be $50 - I spent lots in May! The only thing on my wish list is a 'need' but I still count those - I need another album that matches the ones I have for 2010 already. (Should have got that at M's today!)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Here's mine!

Budget: $50
Wishlist: Amy Tan Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore anything, resin embellies, A/C spring market embellies (M's), Prima Anchor mask, HS mini stencils, any urgent item I must have for a project, without busting my twist
Twist: NO washi, no cricut carts, Stay off evilbay!!!

How was that for a twist, Tammy?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by SonjaC on 05-30-14 03:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Im in;0
Budget $200
Need/want: cricut mat, Brayer, TH dies, embellishments, daubers, stickles storage case, clear stamps, photo storage boxes, there's more but I'll add later.

Twist: idea-Ology

Edited by jorganne on 06-03-14 04:36 AM. Reason for edit: Added my twist.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to jorganne

ok lets have a go here lol , I am sure to break it,

My budget this month is £25

I need card stock/paper/alphas/flower s/

I,m not allowed to buy anythig i just see and fancy

My twist is try and use what i already have here .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to scrappinglyn

I'm here too and my budget will be $200.
I am going to try and be realistic this month. I always bust when I set low.
Wishlist; Copics, Stamping up sympathy stamp, Cricut class, Copic class which both take me into Scrapmania where I can't help but buy something.

Need list: 3 ring albums which I don't include in my budget but will take me into HL where I can't help but buy something.

Twist:Washi tape

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I'm not sure if I can be in this thread anymore. It sure didn't work when I was the hostess, I think I spent more in May than I have done in any month before.

I have not had to work within a budget for the last few years, probably since I quit spending my "budget" on my grand kids.

I will set a limit at $200 to see how well I can stay withing it.

I need some new storage containers for my scrap papers.
I'm headed out of town for a day and will have an opportunity to visit a couple of the local scrap stores, provided they are still in business. I mean, one is called Needful Things, with a name like that I just have to shop!!

I plan on purchasing more mixed media things I find, some storage (when on sale), stencils and who knows what else. I can't think if anything I won't/ can't purchase.

Here are a few things in my wish list!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

My budget should be $50, but I'm going to make it $75. I need to think about my wishlist for a bit. I have lots of stuff I want, so I need to prioritize.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Sharon not to worry - each month is a new month and you are always welcome - we don't flog anyone with wet noodles here.

Basically the purpose of the challenge is just so we are aware of our expenditures.

I of course am here however I have no idea what my budget will yet be.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sonja - my love - no evilbay - I really think our goals should be realistic so how about only once a week

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh I said nothing about not looking on evilbay, Tammy....
And it wasn't a wet noodle, it was wet twine! Hehe

But no, Sharon, no actual flogging here!

What is it with the $200 budgets tho?!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-31-14 12:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Someone said "Let's be realistic" about our budget/spending. I'll have the opportunity to shop next week at a couple of stores I only visit every 5 years. Couple that with the fact that I will be watching for sales on storage containers ( I know LOOPHOLE spending) plus albums to hold my 200 pages getting done this year.
$200 does not seem like an unreasonable amount that is only $1 a page...........

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sonja, I have both packages of the resins on your wishlist. They are gorgeous. So pretty that even though I bought them the day they were released, I haven't used a single one. Clearly they are being hoarded. :/

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Kamananui

Well my DH gives me $100 every month for my "scrap stuff" and I take $100 out of my check. The house is paid for, the kids are grown so why not $200. I do have to shop carefully though because for the first time in 15 years we have a car note again...ugh!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

Sonja my sweet - I quote 'Stay off evilbay!!! " that means you cannot be looking cause that would be on evilbay!

LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Well I had to work this morning, and while working I was doing price changes, and whilst price changing I came across a Project Life 12x12 album on clearance for $7.99. I needed a binder for all my 12x12 sticker sheets, so I snagged it. Since it's storage, I'm golden.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

okay I see loopholes have started already and that was yesterday so doesn't even count yet

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Whoo hoo, a new month and I haven't spent a thing!! That should last until Wednesday or Thursday! I won't have access till then..........

Happy June everyone.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

Happy New Month everyone!! Yea Sharon on not spending yet I'm happy to report I haven't spent anything either...

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to jorganne

I picked up the 2 Cricut carts and a paper pad that I ordered last month from Joanne's when my MIL and SIL put in an order so maybe that will tide me over for awhile! Hoping to clean my room this month - I always discover things I forgot I had when I clean - that should help curb the spending too!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Scrapanda

Look at that. All of our budgets are still in check. Way to rock this challenge girls!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

I have started studying and this month will mostly be about
1) studying for my Life int he UK Test
2) writing that test
3) application for my permanent leave to remain status
4) on the backburner - working through some new responsibilites at work

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy's budget is safe. With all that going on, you won't have time to shop.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

yes but I am still going to try to get a few layouts done

Heather N
Expert
Heather N
In response to SonjaC

I am in. My budget is $10 and that is for adhesive.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Scrapanda

I'd like to be in on this challenge this month.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Look at that. All of our budgets are still in check. Way to rock this challenge girls!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

ha ha Kelly!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Scrapanda

I need to add $150 to my budget. My gf is selling me her Cameo. She has had it for about a year and it's only been used a half dozen times, with me using it most. She needs the money and I will kick myself if she sells it to someone else for that price.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Tammy, the little spending hall monitor on my shoulder... Yes, fine if you want to read it that way, I suppose that means not even looking on evilbay... killjoy...

I should amend that to mean unless it's for my wishlist items...
Yep, loopholes have started!

And yes, someone had to pick me up off the floor after I read that my scrappy hall monitor actually spent money on the last day of May! You can't just drop a bomb like that andthen run ot the new thread!

WOW, do you mean it's the second day of the month and NO one has busted yet????

That would include me because technically I placed my enamel dot order with Kelly on Friday! .

So Kelly, I won't see those pretty resins on a page until next year, is that it?

KATIE!!!!!!! Welcome back, my dear! Did you run to the Twin Cities a lot in May and decided it would be safer to NOT admit to your spending? hehe

Tina, oh that's just too good a deal to pass up!

Jorganne, yeah I suppose $200 isn't too much to ask for if that's the case... ignore me, I'm just jealous cuz I still have financial obligations!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

You're right Tina - that is a great deal!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Scrapanda

wait a minute!!!! You mean we're allowed to ADD to the budget after we start??? Why did you not tell me??? LOL yea a MAJOR loophole and no one mentions it!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

ONLY within the first week and ONLY for special reasons - that cameo is special lol

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

of course a special reason is if you forgot something you need to purchase that month - NOT that you just busted in the first week lol

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

LOL okay got it...and yep the cameo would be special.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to jorganne

I make my own rules since I don't stick to my budget anyway

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I make my own rules since I don't stick to my budget anyway

Oh no... Peachy has the one thing guaranteed to make me bust today....

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, do NOT do it! I know you don't need any tape!

Tina, that's an awesome deal. Honestly, you had no choice but to buy the Cameo. Also, now you have no more reasons to buy Cricut carts. All you need is a Cameo.

Hi Heather! Welcome back, Katie. It's been a long time. What's going on?

Where the heck is Courtney?

I'm being an angel. For today anyone. At least it's a start.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I echo Kelly - Sonja - do NOT do it!

I think we should have a special loophole for cutting machines - they don't count - all in favour say aye!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Since I can't stay within budget I like Tina's way... no cutting machines aye!! The cameo is hooked to internet correct?? Dang it I only have my iPad...computer service in the middle of nowhere is hard to get...NO just NO what am I thinking...I've got my cricut and just bought a big shot a few months ago...no way I should get a cameo and wouldn't do me any good anyhow unless I got internet service. Has anyone looked at the brother scan and cut??

Edited by jorganne on 06-03-14 10:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to jorganne

But they're like 75% off!!! All three for the price of one set!

Alright alright, I closed the tab... I don't know where I'd put 12 more rolls of tape anyway!

Since I'm not in the market for a new diecut machine anytime soon, but will eventually want to purchase the Big Shotz, I say AYE too!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

AYE

Sonja I saw that deal too, but reorganized my tape and can't fit another roll. Reason not to cave I guess.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

look at how far we have come - saying no because we have no place to store it!

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn

Morning everyone one well havent spent anything yet but going to craf shop tomorrow as i need some 12 x 12 cards , I have laods of other things which is just sitting there so hopefully going to try and use that this month ,

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I see my most absolute fave past SU pp and matching embellies is available digitally and is on sale this week - so I may be purchasing that - although in truth I have a great deal of the real stuff still hoarded - but now I can use it since I can print more whenever I want!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Wishlist; Copics, Stamping up sympathy stamp, Cricut class, Copic class which both take me into Scrapmania where I can't help but buy something.

Need list: 3 ring albums which I don't include in my budget but will take me into HL where I can't help but buy something.

patting myself on the back because not ordering that deal means I honored my twist

Had Cricut club last night-$10 class, $13 for a stamp, paper, and copic marker

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to tinadn

mornin' ladies...ugh dragging today but found strength to place an order...lol. Need some adhesive and other little bits & pieces. -$20

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • tinadn Said:

patting myself on the back because not ordering that deal means I honored my twist

Patting myself on the back for not caving to that deal either!! Point 1 for willpower!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Ugh, I'm with you on that Jorganne... got to quit staying up late reading!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

yeah Tina and Sonja!!!!! woohoo!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Hey I only spent $20 this time last month half my budget was gone...lol

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to jorganne

Budget: $50
Wish: Paper flowers, flower making punch(es), adhesive, misc. stuff for SIL's album.
Twist: Haven't come up with one yet.

We went to Duluth today and we had to get back home for me to work. I really wanted to go to HL or Michael's and find some goodies for the never ending album!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

oops Yay Jorganne!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Oh no Tammy after all I gave in and ordered something. But I am proud of myself for holding back this far...of course my end of May goodies are still arriving... that's helped BIG time.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Day 5 and no spending for me so far today!! With that said my budget is getting close to the max from my spending on Monday and Wed. Two local scrap stores that are right across the alley from each other. I'm as happy as!!!!!!!!!!!! Got some cool things, even something from my wish list! Then there were those things I did not know I wanted but in a store called Wishful Thinking!! What could I do!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Hard to check in as DH's PC does not work at this Lodge so I have to use the lodges computer. About time to go trail riding..............

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Peachy's deal today... in case you need a reason to splurge: $7.99 +shipping

[email protected] my eyes!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Thank the good Lord that I am not a fan of the clothes pin!!

Sonja, great job not giving in to that tape. I have a love affair with washi. I have no idea (nor do I want to know) how many roles I have. What I do know is that I've used it three times. THREE TIMES. A zillion rolls and I've used one roll twice and another roll once. Clearly I have no idea what to do with it, but it sure is pretty!

I still don't have a wish list. Off to prioritize some items. I'm totally into dies right now. Memory Box will be the death of me...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I love the look of them, but have a hard time adding them to my pages because they stick out so much. For that reason (or because my bank account is alarmingly low), I closed the screen!

Now, if I could just walk away from all the gorgeous nautical papers out there! Sharon, aren't you on C'est Magnifique? They have a Maja Design set I am in love with... and it's causing my pocketbook to itch! Alas, another itch I can't scratch!

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to SonjaC

went shopping today and only spent £3.50 on 30 12 x 12 papers . There was so many toher bits there but knew i was going to another craft shop on saturday

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

wow that seems a good price!

C'est Magnifique?? Qu'est que c'est la?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Budget: $75

Wish:
Stampin' Up: Everything Eleanor & Pleasant Poppy
Memory Box: Glowing Candles, Elyse Christmas Tree, Perky Poppy, Norwich Corner Leaves, Chloe
Impression Obsession: Wheat
La Blanche: Mermaid
Embossing Folders: Lattice, TH Tattered Floral

Way more than $75. Going to have to focus on one thing at a time. Well, until this little squirrel sees a nut, and then all bets are off.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Okay I think I decided on a budget finally

$50
Wishlist - Wetlands digital stamp

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Sonja and Kelly - how do you store your abundance of washi tape? I don't have a lot but don't have a good way to store it.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Scrapanda

I just store mine in a decorative pail I purchased from Ms, but I don't recommend it because you'll never be able to find what you are looking for without dumping out the whole thing.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I have my washi in containers by color. The containers all fit in one drawer. I will try to remember to take a picture this weekend.

SarahEdens
Pro
SarahEdens
In response to tinadn

LOL i'm so giggling right now.. I keep passing up this thread thinking its not fair for me to join since I know I'm not spending any money this month because we are saving up for road trips. But I'm giggling because as you read along, it makes me WANT to spend money with all the talk about sales and specials....talk about so not helpful in making me want to stick to a budget.. ROFL I guess for this month I shall live vicariously through the rest of ya

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SarahEdens

Parlez-vous francais, Tammy?

I actually have a storage tower I got at M's a year ago (last year's Mom's day gift) and it has two dowels on one side that I keep (some) of my washi tape. The other 75 rolls are in my XXL Tote by color... Thankfully in one of the nice clear window zipper pockets so I can see them and only have to pull out the ones I want. THe ones on the cart are the ones I rarely use (like Christmas, Halloween, girlie colors and ones I call my WTHWIT washi... (what the heck was I thinking)!)

Sarah, we never said we wouldn't enable you to spend! Just that we're trying to help by setting budgets!

Bout time you two decided on a budget! Speaking of... mine is defnitely in jeopardy today... Stupid Peachy deals... $7.99 for all that!!! I think my resolve looks like the leaning tower of Pisa...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, we need you opt out of your Peachy e-mails. You are way too much trouble with those!

Sarah, welcome to the world of our insanity.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Sarah, glad to have you along for the ride! We do know how to spend $. I have reached my budget limit for the month. Drat that vacation shopping with two great scrap stores side by side!! Purchased more paint, paper, gel medium, and ink sponge dauber things.

I'll be back, headed off to play cards with DGK's. I'll show pictures of my new stuff. Now I'll really have to watch it for the rest of the month!! NO MORE SHOPPING AND NO SALES!

my dgs is by my side, he says "That will never happen" ! Now I have to prove him wrong!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oui je parle francais mon amie! Je suis canadienne et yo hablo un poco d'espagnol et ich spreche eine kleine deutsche

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Yay got a gift certificate...Ordered already and of course went over certificate amount...lol.

Edited by jorganne on 06-06-14 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: Forgot my tape!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
oui je parle francais mon amie! Je suis canadienne et yo hablo un poco d'espagnol et ich spreche eine kleine deutsche

????

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Kamananui

I bought a washi tape dispenser in April at M's when they had their 60% off sale. Don't have many yet.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to jorganne

Pssst, Hey Jorganne, didn't you know gift certs don't count if you just received them??? That's like FREE money!!
Just sayin'....

Dang Tammy! You are officially our resident Linguiste! I had three years of French in high school, some German in college, neither of which I speak well without my translator, but Spanish I am picking up at a rate slower than my son! Love that you know so many languages, though the mix of the three right there probably threw everyone off!

You all will be impressed to know I did NOT cave on the Peachy deal! (Though it certainly wasn't for lack of trying...I just got too busy at work (you know... earning the money to pay for said spending) that when I went back they were sold out!) I'm sad, but I'll live! Kelly, I don't get the email, I just go check the site every morning with my cup o' coffee!

Sharon, glad you're having fun and, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that why you set a budget for this month??? So you could go to those stores on vacation??? Personally I don't think scrappy shopping on vacation should count, but I've been overruled before... *cough* Tammy *cough cough*

OMG I have a busy weekend ahead of me! Lots of charity and outside stuff! Going to build homes tomorrow with Habitat for Humanity for low-income veterans. Then Sunday is the walk-a-thon for the Scleroderma Foundation, of which we are members because my DH has scleroderma. It's a very rare, very nasty disease that affects the skin and in some cases (including ours) the internal organs. We've exceeded our $200 goal and I couldn't be more proud! Now to go STEP OUT to cure this nasty thing!
Ya'll have a great weekend and we'll catch you on the flipside!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Yes ma'am I know the certificates don't count but it went for half the TH acrylic blocks the other half AND everything else came off my budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

ummm I don't remember saying that if you bought whilst ON vacation it didn't count as long as it was for the VACATION lol - that is vacation budget money.

In this case, wasn't the purpose of the vacation to go scrappy shopping so the argument could be used that since it was the purpose of the vacation to start with then it could be called vacation budget.

However in NO way should the above be miscontrued to be used so that you can say that you are taking a one day vacation and then go scrapbook shopping

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I recognized the Spanish and German but was thrown off why you said it Tammy.

Sonja have a great weekend. I think that is awesome!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

oh because Sonja asked me if spoke french lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I missed that sorry

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

no worries hun

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

You covered all your bases Tammy, and it does seem like I set aside that money for a vacation budget. AND I even made two pages while there so absolutely everything on the page is NEW!! Well except for the rock and that is a few hundred/thousand years old.

I'll have to take a picture and post tomorrow as I don't have it unpacked yet. huummmmm unpack dirty clothes or new scrapping supplies.

It seems as thou I missed out on the whole peachy sale! Just as well......

It's good to be home and the thought of sleeping in my own bed...... heaven!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Sewflake

I haven't spent any money yet this month. Doesn't help that I didn't get to shop in Duluth.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

well then clearly Sharon - that was vacation budget and not scrappy budget lol

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
wow that seems a good price!

C'est Magnifique?? Qu'est que c'est la?

Tammy Only problem is ive been there about 4/5 times now and it seems to be the same paper all the time so i am only going to go there ever few months to see if it changes ,

Also didnt go to other craft store as my family plans had changed ,
so up till now i have only spent £3.50

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hmmm 'til now' does that mean you are perusing online

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Uh oh angel/evilbay strikes again...
Got my cricut strong grip mat, couple more pkgs of flowers, a Brayer...

Edited by jorganne on 06-09-14 05:13 AM. Reason for edit: Forgot some things

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to jorganne

Well how rude of me. I didn't even say GOOD MORNING ladies...I was just so excited about my order...sorry about that. Hope everyone had a great weekend. off to the chores.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to jorganne

Morning to you too, Jorganne!

Well look at this, day 9 and I have still not spent a penny! (Someone pick Tammy up off the floor...) Nope, didn't even have time to spit this weekend!

Saturday's build went really well. We had over 60 volunteers at Habitat for Heroes and spent the time stucco-ing the retaining walls around the area, painting door and window panes and signs. Doesn't seem like much since there aren't any homes even built yet, but we know we helped and it felt good! We even got to meet two of the veterans who would be moving into the Veterans' Village when it's built in two years. Seems forever, but with nearly 90 homes to build all on volunteer work, well, you can imagine the magnitude of the project! I'm just proud to be a part of it and am wearing my Habitat dog tag proudly today!

Also wearing my Scleroderma walk band from yesterday! The walk itself was fairly easy (hubby did it without even stopping!) And we enjoyed the gorgeous park and the beautiful weather! Then went for dinner with my parents and Music in the Park. Wonderful day and I fell into bed last night exhausted but content! (And woke up quite a bit sore! LOL)

Have to go to the grocery store on my lunch today and it's right next door to M's.... think I can resist?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Orders are much more exciting than saying Morning!

I was up early today but didn't even get on to say Good Morning!! Guess it still is!!

Looks like a bunch of nice dies!! I would like some of those myself but not enough to purchase them now.

Here is the one I did get with my vacation purchases. It was on sale due to a melted packaging. The die works fine!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Sonja, sounds like a wonderful and busy week end. Every little bit helps when building but like you said, two years sounds like a massive project!
Wonderful work!!

PS: let us know how the "grocery shopping" goes!!

Edited by Sewflake on 06-09-14 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

LOL...yes let us know if you can hold out on M's.
Am I the only one within reach of busting??? OMG! That's not right someone else out there HAS got to be as weak as I am
Tina didn't you go to a class?? Any purchases??

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

Sonja in honour of your charitable work this weekend - I award you $20 in free budget spending!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Oh, I have busted my budget, even with the dispensation of vacation money spent, I have gone over the $200 dollar limit I set, or very close to it. I still had planed on counting that money as my budget for the month. With the three receipts I can find I'm at $140, with two more receipts somewhere!

Jorganne, you never have to worry, I'm always busted!! And so early in the month!

The other items that made it in my basket whilst I was shopping.
Products Referenced in This Post:

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Sonja in honour of your charitable work this weekend - I award you $20 in free budget spending!

WOOHOO!!!!

And a good thing you did too, Tammy, since I caved at M's... but not for much!
I saw they had a 50% off coupon this week and I have been eyeing a couple larger items waiting for that coupon. I got the Design with Gelatos set I wanted and am seriously considering going back for the Mixed Media one as well... And now with Tammy's free money...

***swooooooosh***

Did you all hear that?? That was the sound of my willpower flying out the window!

So no, Jorganne, you're not the only one who will probably bust this month... Though you might be the first to take up space on the Bustville couch!

I am proud of myself though, I walked right past the washi tapes and only got one of the five A/C Market embellies I had in my hands! hehehe

Budget: $50+20=$70-$17
Wishlist: Amy Tan Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore anything, resin embellies, A/C spring market embellies (M's), Prima Anchor mask, HS mini stencils, any urgent item I must have for a project, without busting my twist
Twist: NO washi, no cricut carts, Stay off evilbay!!!

CAn't wait to see what you do with that die, Sharon! I soooo want that one!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Sharon that Acrylic paint intrigues me... what do you do with that?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Everything on here but the flower and rock were purchased, and used, last week!!

Vacation layout By Sewflake
Vacation layout two By Sewflake

The two pages I did without photos available. I still have to figure out how to get them off my cell phone. I found it much easier to take pictures with a cell phone than with my camera. One of the main reasons is because I ALWAYS had it with me!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Sonja, I am just beginning to learn how I want to use them. For those two pages I used my finger to daub them on the stencil. Not the best effect but it worked. I thought it worked better on the kraft chips, still done with my finger or a q tip. That was all I had at the time. The paint is thicker than regular acrylic paint. I will be checking YouTube (as well as resource here on Scrapbook.com) to see what else I can find.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

I bought some gesso and want to try my hand at that but need to go on YouTube.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to jorganne

Tammy only the $10 for the Cricut class.
I have 2 more classes this week tho so look out!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics