Username Post: After I place an order here...        (Topic#1596841)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

For the next 3 days i'll have a page open with my order so I can go through everything that's on it's way and i'll look at all the projects people have used the items and i'll just drive myself nuts for the next 3 days waiting and looking and checking the tracking number.

Am I the only one who does this? This is the 3rd order this month. lol So glad shipping is finally more affordable and orders seem to be filled faster too. I hadn't place an order in almost 2 years. lol I'm happily impressed sb.com

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Cindyckj

No, you're not alone. I love the feature where you can look at projects that other people have done. I have been very pleased with the shipping prices too. This is a great place to shop!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to olleharr

Hmmmm. look up. Free shipping but with a $99 order.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to corrie fan

Yah that project feature is awesome.

Yah I wish I had enough money to place a $99 order but I don't to get that free ship. Plus I don't have the patience to wait for the free ship. lol When I want stuff I want them now. lol

Glad i'm not alone

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Cindyckj

I am in Canada so the shipping is higher. Still great prices as we pay 13% tax on items here.

But my aunt is visiting soon so I can ship to her place and save on shipping and when she gets here in a month, it will be like Christmas for me.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Cindyckj

I order here A LOT. I live in Calif. and before i know it, my order is here...within 3 days. Love it!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bonprof

I placed me order. My courier gets here July 16th.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

That's a great idea Jane! I'm in IL and place my order yesterday and it shipped today so i'm hoping for at least thursday

So excited! Ordered a hand full of papers from 2 bobunny lines and an echo park line and a couple embellies to go with and some lace and thickers and a small butterfly die!

I've got to start making this a once a month only thing though. lol Not a 3 times a month thing. lol

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Cindyckj

For me it is an annual thing because I already spend too much.

I don't usually buy paper as it can be heavy and I don't want it to be wrecked in her suitcase.

So I ordered tools. I could have done without another pair of scissors but I want to make flowers and the tools will be useful. Not that I want to make them "as" 3-D. Still want to put them on pages.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

Placed a huge order here today. Yea! So excited.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to CrimsonMama

Fun stuff.

Glad I wasn't doing anything silly like a no spending commitment this month.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CrimsonMama

Looks like we are all gonna have loads of fun when we get our packages!!!!

I'm such a paper junkie so it looks like i'll probably only order from here what I can't find at my local store as I love when I can support them as they are our only small store left.

And heck with my shipping being $7.99 this last time it's cheaper than driving into the lss. But they didn't have what I ordered and I was there already once at the beginning of the month. lol

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Cindyckj

OMG my order is here a day earlier than I thought it would be. And my work season is over! Time to get my desk cleaned off and play.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cindyckj

Enjoy!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Thank you! I am having a bit of fun Today was my last day of work for the season so yay! More time to play.

I'm loving this little butterfly die and think it'll be fun with the ep paper line I bought and with tons of other lo's too. It's been years since i've bought a die.

So excited to have new stuff to play with and now that I know how easy and fast it is to order from here i'm supper excited!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Cindyckj

Fun stuff Cindy.

My order has shipped but will only be here on July 17th.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Just placed another order and so the waiting and looking at the all the projects that others have done with the stuff in my order has begun!

Can't wait for my order!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Cindyckj

Haha, I know what you mean, though it goes the other way for me - I put things on my wish list, and when I go to make an order and I'm trying to thin down my cart, I check out all the projects linked to the stuff I want, to see what looks the coolest in practice.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to aquabunny

I have lots on my wish list too. I try not to look at my wish list unless I fully intend to place an order or i'll go nuts wanting something else new. lol

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to Cindyckj

cindy I am the same way I love getting new goodlies in the mail so fun!!!!

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to mindygail

I bought that same die the other day at amazon.com and I like it a lot ! the butterfly that is so cool to use I love ordering from here and amazon they have a ton of scrapping stuff and semi affordable!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mindygail

Yah loving that die and kinda fun to emboss it too. So many things to do with it.

Now one of these days I need to get scrapping instead of just looking at it all.

My kiddo is at his dad's for 2-3 weeks and I really miss him! So should really make myself get some scrapping done

Tenant
In response to mindygail

Yup. I love that the store gives project examples. In fact, I just got an order last week. The shipping was reasonable and the order arrived quickly. I've been ordering from this site for close to 10 years and have never had a problem.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to Artistic Scrapper

hold up!!! did you say cindi that you can also emboss with it --- how and does mine have that ability???? do tell!!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to mindygail

I appreciate the email they send out after an order, linking the related projects. That's a whole day of oohing and aahing.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mindygail

i pin projects that use products i've ordered. sometimes i need al the inspiration i can get!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mindygail

Yah i'm loving the project feature and will be all over that today!

Edited by Cindyckj on 07-02-14 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
hold up!!! did you say cindi that you can also emboss with it --- how and does mine have that ability???? do tell!!!

After I cut the image out with my sidekick i'll stick it in an embossing folder and run it through my texture boutique embosser to emboss the butterfly.

And wow I placed the order and they shipped it the same day. lol Kinda a big order and hoping it gets here tomorrow but more likely saturday cause of the 4th.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cindyckj

Isn't there a tan embossing mat you can use with the Sidekick as well? I have one for my Cuttlebug. Mindy, you leave the die cut in the die, then place the silicone mat next to the die's cutting edge and reduce the thickness of the "sandwich" by changing one of your cutting plates.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

The sizzlits aren't designed to emboss though I don't think? lol

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cindyckj

Oh, are they the ones with the foam? In that case no, I don't think they would emboss actually in the die. Oh you know what? I'm thinking of framelits. I'm sorry for confusing you, people.

But as Cindy said, if you have embossing folders then you can run the finished die-cut through and add a textured pattern to it, whatever it is.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Yep it's the foam kind. I hadn't bought a new die for my sidekick in probably 9 years and it's just like my old ones.

It's and adorable butterfly and can't wait to actually sit down and use it on a page but have yard work to do today.

And also now i'm finding I could probably use some more embossing folders. lol

Edited by Cindyckj on 07-03-14 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cindyckj

It's a really pretty butterfly. My mind is thinking up gelatos, and Distress Inks with a brayer, and alcohol inks (not that I have any of that stuff except a few Distress Inks )

Actually a friend sent me some really darling butterflies, years ago. She had cut them out of scraps of glossy photo paper, and coloured them with alcohol inks. The surface stayed glossy, and the inks blended deliciously. She got addicted to making them and ended up mailing a handful to all her scrappy friends because she had too many! Give it a try?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Oh Rosey your giving me some WONDERFUL ideas! You should see my poor desk right now! I still have some prize pack stuff out and bought some scrappy stuff from a friend and that order I placed from here on the 1st is already here today too. I'm in heaven and now have no room to scrapbook! lol

But at least the patio is cleaned of and still gotta get out and spray for weeds! Maybe this evening i'll get my poor desk cleaned off!

My son won't be back from his dads yet for another week or 2. and have to clean his room. I so gotta stop with the excuses and sit down and SCRAP!!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Cindyckj

I do have some gelatos, distress ink pads, chalk ink pads, lots of mists and 1 white distress paint coming.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Cindyckj

Glad to be of service ma'am.

I've been umming and aahing over whether to get gelatos for a while. Ditto alcohol inks. I'm pretty much at my limit with space to put new things until I use up some of my stash. Or reorganise. Or both.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Ya when some were on your spending freeze I just had to have some gelatos. Yah I have yet to use them. lol

I'm at my limits too probably and should get rid of some things too I guess. I have a hard time with getting rids of scrappy stuff... ugh

I think I need a nap before cleaning off my desk!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics