Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: July BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1597159)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the July Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month! Optional: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

Happy Scrapping!

View Challenge Here: July BUDGET Challenge

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start us off again. I always add a twist because there are some things I just don't need... (okay a lot of things)

Budget: $50
Wishlist: Amy Tan Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore collection, resin embellies, Prima Ancho mask, anything I see I must have as long as I don't bust my twist
Twist: NO Washi tape, NO cricut carts, DON'T bust!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I'm in again, I just need to give more thought to a realistic budget for the month. Who knows, I may even get a wish list going too!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I am in but need to think about a budget.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in. I think I should probably raise my budget this month, but I really don't need anything, so maybe I shouldn't. Wishy Washy. That is me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

oh dear - washy washi?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

This FIFA world cup sure gives me plenty of time for computer and scrapping. I have four pages laid out and working, now if I can just keep working I don't spend money!!

I'm will have to go with $150 for the month, down from June and a big commitment to NOT bust!

Now for my wish list
TH die (guess I better cause it's in my cart already).
Clear Scraps masks

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

which die?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Wishy Washi - Cute Tammy!

And there are a lot of wishy washies here! Cut line, ladies, place your bets!

Sharon, I'm thinking you better add a few more things to your wishlist... or drop your budget some more. I know Timmy's dies are pricey, but $150?? Wow! LOL! And how is the World Cup giving you more time?! You must not be watching... cuz I can't find a spare moment with all these games on! After yesterday's USA loss, my nails are officially non-exhistant!

I deliberately left the evilbay clause off my twist this month... if I'm going to splurge on the Seashore line, I'll prob find it at a better price on evilbay... The trick is not to cave on the other goodies!

Now if I can avoid looking at Peachy and F2F, I'll be good...

Edited by SonjaC on 07-02-14 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

KaiserCraft has 2 new lines that are most certainly going to find their way into my stash. Rustic Harmony is AMAZING. I will be pre-ordering the moment it's available. I like Outdoor Trail too. I think it will be perfect for PA LOs. Then of course I need the new Halloween Prima Doll and the Christmas doll stamp. Can these companies just chill out and give my wallet a break?

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Kamananui

LOL no Kelly they can't it's what they live for...I'm sticking to my $200 budget but I'm gonna try NOT to bust.
Wish list: TH dies & others, paper, cricut cartridge, distress inks, and whatever else jumps in the cart.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

I see the problem Jorganne! It's the "whatever else jumps in the cart" that is doing you in!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Lol Tammy you are so right. I need to add to my list and stick with it.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

okay no one look at any emails from SB.com - no one look at sales, no one use that dang code! LOL It's too early in the month to go wandering aimlessy through the store here!

I was going to give myself a budget of £150 and put in a huge order at Su BUT I read my horoscope which said to not spend money frivously (or words to that effect) and I really don't NEED anything except for some stamp boxes maybe for storage. But I can't justify the shipping for such a small order. So I will wait until the pre-order way down in August and put in an order I guess.

With that in mind, I will make my budget $50
Wishlist: - 8x8 album for my 50 Days in Scotland
- 12 x 12 album for 2013 pages

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Tammy, you caught me A DAY LATE!! My DIL needed some girl time (they are still waiting on their household goods) so she asked me to take her to HL. That was OK because I have not purchased anything there in months if not a couple of years. ONLY... I found out she is a stroller and you know what happens when you stroll??! You find ALL the clearance items and sales, then a few not on sale, then..... well ya'll know the rest of that story!

I did find feathers for .38 and a TH die for $7.19.... I mean who ever sees TH dies for $7.19 and besides I will be sharing it with my DIL so it's like only half that amount then albums don't count anyway so maybe I didn't do so bad.

I can tell for future shopping I am going to have to give myself a big pep talk before going in a store with her. Did I mention Washi (decorative) tape for half price??

Shaping up to be a LONG HOT month......of shopping! I will be back with my budget spent and whats left. Dang still have 4 things in my SB cart!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Whew, glad that Kaiser paper is not coming out until later in the year!!

Stick to my budge, stick to my bud.........

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

Sharon did you get the TH tattered florals die??
Sonja how did the birthday weekend go?? And have you started scrapping pictures from it yet...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

No, the tattered florals is still in my cart! I am doing well with the florals that I cut with my Cricut so I'm not really all that anxious to purchase that die, and I keep thinking in the back of my mind that I already have it, or maybe I've just wanted it for so long that I thought I bought it already. Any who, I don't need it right away.

You know Tammy, technically, the albums don't count for the budget soooo if you went over the $50 limit them you would still not bust!! Just saying!!

I still have not dug out my receipt from that shopping trip, and the glue I ordered online does not count so I still have over $100 left for the month.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Wait a minute, I thought albums did count??

Too late Tammy! I saw that dratted sale code already! And they are running out of those resins I want too! Good thing after last weekend's party I am flat broke! Can't spend what you don't have!

Jorganne, it was lovely, thank you!! DS had SO much fun with his friends (at one point we had five toddler/kids running around the play room we rented and squeeling like banshees!) It was cute. He also got a lot more comfortable in the swimming pool and with his car he got for Christmas. (See my New Car 2-pager). He saw trains, he rode his car and he got spoiled by a lot of really great people. As for scrapping the photos... I haven't even downloaded said photos! Been a busy week and going to be a busier weekend!

Speaking of enabling... anyone see Peachy's deal today?

Edited by SonjaC on 07-03-14 08:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Thanks Sonja, my little lea brain had forgotten about those sites, peachy cheap in particular!!

Are you sure about albums counting?? I thought I read it was a loophole?? Could I be mistaken? You mean I have to count that album too??? Well SCRAP!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Sorry Sharon! Apparently being broke makes me the Loophole Monitor... I stole the title from Tammy!

And just for the record, I closed my Peachy tab....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I think now I am going to pass out this month Sonja!

and ummm Sharon love, I had never heard of albums not counting - sorry. At this point, I might even start counting my adhesive - I used to count absolutely everything.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

OK then $150 - $47 = $103 That includes the album!
My DIL paid for the glue so that is free.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

glue doesn't count lol!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL, wondered if that would shock you, Tammy!

I'm counting absolutely everything too actually... and only because we are that tight this month! LOL!

I think the only time albums didn't count is when they are bought as a gift for someone else...

I want to cave on this 10% off thing, but I refuse to pay that much in shipping for a small order! Anyone wanna go halfsies with me???

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Tammy dear...up off the floor...lol!!
Sonja how would that work? We could enter to different shipping Addie's and pay just one fee?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

lol - you know what they say about payback - she is just getting me back for the last two months! LOL

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Yep I know that payback expression well I'm off to buy
New embellishments for my "Christmas in July"
Challenge.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

oh I am so NOT taking the blame for that one!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

LOL!!! I'm just joking. Thanks for hosting the challenge!! I have enough Christmas to do 2 or 3 books!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

looking forward to seeing them! And I know we are just funning around with each other.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Dang it ordered from peachy. Wouldn't have known about this site except for Sonja so thanks sweetie!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

It's a good thing the Peachy deal only last one day, by the time I make the decision to order, the deal is gone!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

The fruit site had 20% off products and shipping, so I caved. I don't even have a budget or a wish list yet. I ordered WRMK Indian Summer Collection pack, pre-ordered the Prima Halloween & Christmas doll stamps, and pre-ordered KaiserCrafts Outdoor Trail collection and die cuts. That is it. NO MORE PAPER. I'm going to get the Rustic Harmony (I'm sure I'll cease to live if I don't get it), and some sort of wintery snow paper line (come on, I haven't lived anywhere with snow in 30 years, I need it!) but that is it. The coffers are bulging. There is no more space for paper unless I buy more storage. I have 30 unopened paper collections. I stopped counting at 30, but I know there are more. My paper obsession is out of control.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

and you need to move it all!

by fruit I assume you are meaning something with a cherry?

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

I ordered something from the veggie site and they said it wouldn't even ship till the 22nd!! What's up with that??? I need more paper Kelly but I think I'll stop at 10...lol

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to jorganne

Tammy, it's a corporate move, so I'm not moving anything. :P And yes, I was talking about cherries.

The dumbest thing about the whole order is that it's a pre-order. The paper won't arrive at the store until the beginning of August. I'll be moving the second week in August. Where will my beloved stuff end up, and what was I thinking?!?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, you can send them a revised address and have it shipped to my house, I will keep it safe for you!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

ummm yeah maybe an alternate plan to Sharon's might be worthwhile thinking about.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Ha! I think I have a better chance at getting my supplies by letting the PO find me. That Sharon is a wiley one...

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Kamananui

LOL...aww now have some faith....(snicker). My budget just dropped but not due to scrapbook supplies. Mores the pity. Our central A/C went out...ARGH...can I just say ********. Last month had to replace the windshield on the Tahoe. I'd say what next but I'm afraid of what that might be...lol

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Oh Jorganne, what a bummer!! AC is a must have item and there is always next month.
I love the fact that our state has a mandate that your insurance replaces a cracked or broken windshield at no cost, as we have had to do so several times over the years!

No plans here for shopping but you never know what crops up......... I might need to go paper shopping if no one will trust me with their paper........

Keep cool everyone

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

Yep A/C is a must have especially in Tennessee. If the heat doesn't get you the humidity will. Our insurance woulda covered the windshield (after deductible) but we opted to pay instead of filing. I just don't feel right spending on nonessential items until emergency fund is built back up.
I don't know why Kelly and Tammy think you're not trustworthy with the paper do you???

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

oooh I NEVER said that - I just thought a plan B was a good idea is all lol

At least Sharon is using all her supplies!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hi ladies!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend - and holiday weekend for those of us in the States! Busy busy busy! Spent mine in the sun and am paying the price! Had a pool/BBQ party on Friday, went to the pool and park Saturday (between/after World Cup games) and then to the beach yesterday. Whew!! Someone pass the aloe...

And.... (drum roll please)... I am STILL spendless 7 days in!!! (Oh come on, Tammy, get up off the floor it's not that surprising! LOL)

Of course not for lack of looking... I did eek over the Peachy deal today, but if memory serves, I spent twice that on some other enamel dots I'm (ahem) patiently waiting for. So I closed the tab - but boy was that hard!

You gals are hilarious though! And Kelly, I'm closer to you geographically than Sharon, I'd be happy to watch your stash!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

We are all still waiting on dots. I think they are going to ship from China this week. And if I were to forward my pre-order anywhere, it would be to Courtney. She'll eventually be the closest to me, plus her stash is probably bigger than mine, so my supplies would be safe. I think.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

lol to be honest - since we are all such hoarders (except for Sharon who actually uses her stash lately) probably none of us would be safe to ship it to.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Tammy you're probably right... although sounds like the rest of you would just hoard it and not use it??? Whereas if I had that much paper...oh man!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to jorganne

Woohoo! I'm back after not having internet in my home for 8 days.
Can you believe sb.com is my first stop!?!?!?

I didn't want to read all that you want and "need" because then I would want it too.
I am more than a week into July and will start my budget as of now.
$150 wish list nothing except a class or two this month and anything else that looks interesting.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Tina, welcome back to the land of electricity!! And yes, making sb.com your first visit is very understandable!!

After my shopping spree early on, I have not found anything of interest to make me push the "Way too few buttons it take to make a purchase" online. Then again, I'm not looking very hard.... working on a layout here...... so far no new products on this one.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I can't even find anything I want to buy and I have a brand new SU catalogue - just not interested. I want albums and they don't have any.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm only teasing Kelly, I haven't the time to even look at my stash, let alone use new goodies! (In that sense I think your stash would be safe with me too... LOL)

I think I'm going to cave on the Peachy deal today... it's all sequins, which is a total impulse purchase, but I really like them and the deal is superb! Was a rough morning with doctor visits and I could really use a little something shiny in my mailbox!

Welcome back to technology land, Tina!! 8 days w/o electricity??? I suppose you can treat it like camping at least... I would have survived, but would probably look (and smell) like a feral cat by the end... LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

No no no just without internet. I did use free wifi in local shops a few minutes here and there.
A few years ago we went 5 days without electricity ( we did have a generator) about this time of year due to storms so I am feeling very fortunate. The towns around us have all been hit with tornadoes the last few weeks...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Oh whew, that's okay then, Tina! Bet you got some crafty stuff done during that intermission without internet to distract you! LOL!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

No I found another addiction. Reading. I have always loved it but have read about 10 books in the past month or so.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Good hobby to have, Tina! I am a big reader and its probably getting in the way of my scrap time... as is the World Cup! LOL

OMG I want to spend SOOOO bad!!!!!!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I'm ready to spend too but there is nothing I want right now!!
Guess I will go buy hole filler and paint for my studio..............

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

LOL...cracking up here... I can always find something to buy. Just bought the TH die "elegant flourishes" for $6.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

show off Jorganne - lol (jk)

Sonja you are doing so well.

Sharon what colour are you wanting for your studio

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

what kind of challenge IS this ???
ha ha ha

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to mindygail

Hey I tried!! I only spent $6 not $60 I'm proud of me...lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to mindygail

ah Mindy it started innocently enough a long time ago with these enabler/hoarders so we try to help them through their 12 step programs but many months they succeed in dragging honest hard balancing budgeteers down with them - really we are just trying to be aware of our puchases - to curb the spontaneous spending of - oh look something pretty I might need SOME day kind of stuff

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

And most of hte time we fail that miserably, Mindy...

Case in point: I had to go pick up lunch for my boss and of course she wants a salad from this place right nextdoor to M's... I mean really! WTHeck kind of temptation was that?!

So of course I browsed while I was waiting for the to go bag... and I was good, they had some interseting new goodies, but I only snagged some of those Simply Pastel wood flowers I've been eyeing that are finally on clearance for $1.99. Got three packs of the wood pieces, two flowers and one of banner/tag/'hi' pieces. Been wanting the Prima ones so this will be my consolation prize. $6 total, and I'm proud of that since it could have been MUCH worse!

Budget: $50-6=$44
Wishlist: Amy Tan Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore collection, resin embellies, Prima Ancho mask, anything I see I must have as long as I don't bust my twist
Twist: NO Washi tape, NO cricut carts, DON'T bust!!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by SonjaC on 07-09-14 03:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to mindygail

I'm doing a lighter shade of yellow than what is currently on the walls. I figured it wouldn't take as much paint and if I missed any spots it wouldn't matter much as it's already yellow. I had not planned on painting but since my son asked if I would be painting the closet (hasn't been done in 30 years) since he is putting better shelves (hold the weight of pictures and scrapbooks and what not) I figured now is the time to redo!! I'm not tired of the yellow on the walls and repainting with a close shade would be easiest!!
The closet and one side of the room is prepped and ready to paint!! Tomorrows project!

Yea, Jorganne, show off........... here I thought I was doing good with my $7.95 die!!!

OK, only two more World Cup games to go!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Oh Sonja, good thing I didn't see any of those wooden thingys at my M's today, especially at that price I probably would have bought ALL of them just in case I needed them years down the road!

Hey you would be proud of me I used some sparkly brads on a two pager today and used everything I had, but I will brag more about that in the hoarders thread as soon as I get good pictures to post!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I am impressed by the restraint this month!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I know, it's weird isn't it?? It feels weird on this end too!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

We must all be sick...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I'm really tempted on the fruit site!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

i can't - I am going away to Liverpool for a hen party weekend and that means shopping,eating and drinking

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Sewflake

Hello everyone!! I'm catching up here LOL..Addie had her first birthday party on Sunday so I was crazy busy preparing for that!! It was so much fun!! Can you believe she is 1???

Anyhoo, I really don't NEED anything…but my birthday is saturday so I think I get a free month right?? lmao wasn't that a loophole once??? lol

Well, I just landed 3 Cricut Carts on EvilBay for $27 FREE shipping!! how awesome lol…Wall Decor & More, Stretch your Imagination, and Something to Celebrate!!!

Sooo I will set my budget for $75…less $27 lol…leaves me $48 thats not too bad… I honestly haven't been shopping like crazy!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Oh oh oh, is birthday month a loophole??? Huh, huh, because if it is my birthday is in July too, honestly truly!! Two weeks from today as a matter of fact!

Courtney, I am really going to have to start stalking ebay, that is a great price for 3 carts and I don't think I have any of the ones you picked up.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I have been off of that evil place for a while now, but got an email from a company and ordered block party for $20. I had never seen in before and it looked like fun. I hope to receive it any day now.
That was before July budget so I am still good this month. My birthday is next month...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

ummm No - it is NOT a loophole - it was once for something very special - I think it might have been to celebrate the births of babies and welcoming someones back to the fold.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, I know it's a long shot, but you aren't going to a hen party for a lovely lass named Sarah, are you?

I want to shop. I want doily dies. I want, I want, I want.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Welcome back Courtney!!!!! LOVE seeing Addie's bday pix! Nope, I can't believe she's 1 either!

And no, birthday month loophole never existed, sorry.

PS, here's something you missed this month: Sonja has become a Budget Prude and has also toppled Tammy's reign as Loophole Monitor.
Alternative universe? Nope, but just as confusing as turning on the Germany/Brazil game and seeing Brazil down five to nothing 30 minutes into the game! Whew that one still throws me! I'm torn between pride for a phenomonal German team who I said after game 1 would advance to the finals and deep sadness for Brazil who really needed that win after the ridiculous amount of money it's country spent on this World Cup!

Sorry, off on a tangent again so I can avoid bouncing around and agreeing with Kelly on the I want, I want, I want thoughts! LOL! (because I do)

Courtney, I have Wall Decor as well but have yet to use it. Can't wait to see what you do with it!! GREAT prices too! I think I paid $16 for my Wall Decor cart alone... I did browse that evil site today too, but couldn't come up with enough to justify shipping... Plus the LSS I went to two weeks ago (and didn't buy anything... See, Courtney??) is having a big sale on the 20th and I want to save up for it since they are getting the Seashore line in before the sale!

BUT I'M DYING TO SPEND SOME MONEY!!!!!!!!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

I'm back on the spending grid,,, the A /C repair wasn't as bad as we feared.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

Sonja - stay off evilbay!

Courtney I loved Addie's cake and cupcakes - they were adorable!

I had Brazil in the sweeps to win at work so yeah disappointed but even more so that The Netherlands went down to Argentina in shoot out - I hate the shoot out determining winners in any sport.

Kelly - the hen party is for my friend Karen - but if we run into someone named Sarah I'll say hi!

Expert

Hey all...new to the site, but since I haven't actually spent any $ for the month of July on scrappy stuff, I wondered if I could still join in?

My budget for the month is fairly tight as I was a bad girl last month. I am going to go with $30 for the month.

I have so much stuff I need to actually USE that I am hoping to avoid adding more to the mix. As far as off limits items...I seriously have a paper hoarding issue and need to stop buying paper for a month to actually see what I have.

On my wishlist: I need to find a new adhesive. I am "old school" and still use the adhesive squares, but fiskars either doesn't make them anymore or I just can't find them and I don't like the other brands I have found. Any suggestions?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to 1scrappymom

welcome Shannon - we are friendly and open all month long.

I use my ATC gun a lot because I couldn't find the tape runner I liked best easily here in the UK>

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Hi and welcome Shannon, we are indeed the friendly sort! We will give you any help you need....... not saying we will help you stay on budget, what with all the new products we find and share, in pictures.

I too use an ATC and in the last few months gotten rid of all my tape runners and any adhesive squares I might have had left. I am headed to a crop next week end and the lady that heads the function might know if there are any to be found. If not here than some of the ladies there should, I'll check.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

Welcome Shannon.

I need to stay on budget this month too. Our rider lawnmower in broken down. We need to decide if we will repair or buy new since it is 10 years old. Of course this is just after we put a deposit down on our cruise and paid for plane tickets. DH and I are going in Nov.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

darn for no birthday loophole!! and Sonja are you ill???

Being a stay at home mom for me means major budget constraints so i have been very good as of late.

I'm secretly hoping my husband got me the new cricut Explore machine for my birthday!!! lol

i haven't even seen any new stuff that has come out which is probably a good thing lol

I'm going to a crop next saturday yayyyyy! scrappy time!! Dom comes home tonight after being gone all week!! tomorrow for my birthday i will be cleaning and doing laundry lol!!

Welcome Shannon Kelly and i are enablers. Tammy and Sonja are the meanies hahahahahah just kidding

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL Well there's a first... I'm listed under 'meanies' instead of 'enabler'.... I must've hit my head harder than I thought!

Welcome Shannon! Welcome to sb.com and to our little group of spenders... er savers! We really do try to stay in budget, but sometimes the green-eyed monster of spending gets the best of us here. I'm in super-saver mode too, lots of bills to pay these months! So good luck!
Oh and **shameless self-promotion here** we also have a Hoarders Challenge which I host as a companion to the Budget challenge... Just sayin'... sounds like your paper stash needs to take a hit! (So you can get more of course!)

Oops showed my inner enabler there....

Going to J's today and I dont care who knows it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

For the record it's for storage items! 50% off storage and I have a few things on my wishlist there! Namely another Iris case tower to (hopefully) subdue the madness that is my scrap corner and a few more of the cling-mounted stamp storage 3-ring holders. (Have one and LOVE it!)

The question is, can I keep it under $44 and can I keep from browsing.... hmmmm

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I know you are counting everything this month but THAT is a loop-hole - storage does not count

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I know you are counting everything this month but THAT is a loop-hole - storage does not count

I'm still gonna count it, but

Edited by SonjaC on 07-11-14 10:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Okay okay okay okay okay, I did much better than I thought I would! J's had a lot of goodies,but they' weren't on much of a sale and they didn't have the storage tower in stock that I wanted. Might have to order it...

I did however cave on some clearance goodies - which I didn't know where clearance until I price checked them! Each one was $0.97!!!! I was only going to get the wine and nature one until I saw that - then I got one of each... I think we can all do the math here...

Edited by SonjaC on 07-11-14 02:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

A goodly haul with little $'s which makes it even better Sonja. Still nothing here since the 2nd of July, still having fun (well a little, mostly painting and waiting for shelves and mounting the TV) with the new things I bought. Still want to use that bird border! Soon!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Hi Shannon. Welcome to the group. I too highly recommend the Scotch ATG. I love mine!

Jorganne, I'm glad the repair for the A/C wasn't too bad. We had to replace one of our units last year. Ouch, that was painful.

Tina, sorry to hear about the mower.

Tammy, hope you have a great time at the hen party.

Courtney, I have plenty of new stuff. I'll share.

I had a crummy day. Wanted to drown myself in scrappy shopping, but I didn't. Yay me. :/

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Yay Kelly! Nice haul Sonja. Sharon I can't wait to see what you do with that die - I love it.

Kelly - the hen party is next weekend - this one is to rest up for it and try to get over this cold

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

kelly congrats on not caving into scrappy therapy I am only saying this since it is the budget challenge. In real life I would say shop till your heart's content.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Sewflake

May I be in on this challenge this month? It's my birthday in 5 days, and I'm planning a big old trip to the crafty stores.

Budget: $50
Wish: adhesive, stuff for SIL's album, solid cardstocks, pps for baby thank you cards.
Twist: don't bust and try to buy on sale/clearance

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

well hello there stranger - so nice to see you. Hope you have fun in the big city scrappy shopping!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Hi Tammy! My mojo and I have been AWOL for most of the year. I finally am working on cards for our heroes and my SIL's wedding album. I have a new job starting on Monday and am so excited!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

oh very cool - congrats on the new job - where will you be working?

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I'm going to be working in the call center for a national health insurance company. I finished up my job at Walgreens on the 3rd and am enjoying my time off with DH.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to kdinsmore

hello to the newbies!! Kelly sorry you had such a bad day. I hope your weekend goes better. Tina hope your mower doesn't need much work...Tammy a hen party sounds WONDERFUL. Sharon love that die!! Sonja great haul...afraid I'm in trouble here. We're going out to eat and some of my favorite stores are right next door...big trouble lol

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Scrapping but no shopping for me this week end! I'm not even looking I must be sick or something! Well within budget for the month!!!!

Kelly I think you should have gone shopping on a bad day! Oh, I didn't that!

Kdinsmore, hope your new job goes well on Monday and leaves you lots of time to scrap!! Or spend?

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics