Username Post: Sizzix Die Cutting Machines        (Topic#1597495)
New Kid On the Block

I am AGONIZING over buying a new die cutting machine. I've read and researched and know that everyone has their favorites for various reasons. I just started scrapbooking - again - after a several year hiatus. I have an original Cricut machine that I never quite get the perfect cutting settings on ;( I really want a Sizzix - but can't decide which one and how much to pay. I saw a Vagabond on sale at JoAnn's for $100 and that seems great. Any thoughts?

Expert
In response to ejmclucas

I have an older model Big Shotz and ADORE it! I actually use it more than my Pazzle. I waited for a coupon and grabbed it up for around $50. Call me an enabler, but I say go for it!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to 1scrappymom

Great deal for the Vegabond!

I also use my sizzix machines (big shot and vegabond) more than any of my other die cut machines. The only complaint I have for the vegabond is that it is heavier so I don't like to move it much, why I have a big shot also for traveling. Other than that LOVE it-and paid much more than $100 for it!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to MrsAnnieS

Love my Big Shot. Paid $60 for it years ago. Should be around the same price now?

cinderella4282
Guru
cinderella4282
In response to NMscrapper

Love the Big Shot. If you go to crops - it
Doesn't need electricity so you can use it. $100 for the vagabond is a great deal.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to cinderella4282

I highly recommend the big shot I asked for this for chirstmas in 2012 and it is the BEST tool I own- that includes my cricut expression 2 yep to me the big shot is better than my cricut!!!
good luck!!!
ps- I am selling my ce2 if you might be interested I could give you a low price!
mg

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to mindygail

do you already own lots of dies to USE in the Vagabond or Big Shot?? if so, GO FOR IT!!! if not, then its not just the machine you will have to buy, but all the dies to go with. If you are not going to use larger dies, then the cuttlebug is great, love mine.

All that being said, I just received a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday last week, but have not pulled it from the box yet to play!!! No cartridges to buy, no dies to buy...you can download cheap/free images from multiple places, or create your own designs. I'm chomping at the bit to experiment, but between work n vacation i've got no time!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Juansmom

re: mindygail - I DID have all my Mom's original Sizzix dies and thought I'd build a new collection after I decided which machine to buy. But I can't find them now They are lost in my house somewhere! Crazy. I DO have the original Cricut so I'm thinking I might just use it more -- I'm just getting back into scrapbooking after a several year hiatus! Thanks for your advice!!

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to ejmclucas

I have a Cuttlebug which I love. It's pretty versatile, inexpensive and compact.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ejmclucas

I purchased a Vagabond several years ago since I had begun having arthritis issues with my hands. It is one of the better investments I have made.

I purchased a small cart at Bed Bath & Beyond that I use to transport my machine and other items from my hobby room to the kitchen table, where I do my paper crafts. The cart is a metallic, wire design.

By now you probably have made a decision. Good luck

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics