Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: August BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1597789)
jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Details: Welcome to the August Budget Challenge! We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!) The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month! Optional: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

Happy Scrapping!

View Challenge Here: August BUDGET Challenge

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Me of course, but I will have to get back with you on a budget for August....

What the heck, I will keep it at $150

My wish list is to finally push the button on my cart here at SB. Right now it has 24 items in it!!! 20 of those items are paper......... then I have more Color Bloom in there and one new die, flowers by Prima.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I'm here but I need to think on my budget! I have a wedding this month coming up which means some money being spent.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Naturally I'm here too! And naturally my budget should be zero, but that's just unrealistic!

Budget: $80
Wishlist: Sizzix dies from SMS, TH Tattered Florals sizzix die, SS Sea to Shining Sea Stars paper, Amy Tangerine Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore paper line, resins and metals, Color Blooms (orange, green or red), Prima anchor mask & words, whatever else I see as long as I....
Twist: DO NOT BUST! No Cricut carts, no washi, no other paper!

Edited by SonjaC on 07-31-14 02:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

LOL. Yep unrealistic!! I'm staying on $200. I'll have to put my wish list up later.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

ah Sonja I love your NO list!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

It seems if I set my budget high, I stay under and if I set it low I go over. That being said, I am setting mine at $200. I know I will want some things out of the new CTMH book and I am hitting a lss which isn't local but 2 hours away with some girlfriends.

I was at J's yesterday and had a couple Cricut carts in my hand and put them back. They were $19.99. I really don't need carts and I enjoy the EB route of getting them cheaper than that and free shipping.

Expert
In response to tinadn

Well, the likelihood that I will stay at 0 for another month is pretty slim, so I will set my budget at $65 for this month.

On the wishlist are more Disney papers/embellishments (I am determined to get caught up, darn it!!)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to 1scrappymom

yeah Shannon has a budget and a wishlist this month! Can't wait to see what she buys.

Tina love you are thinking! I may try that strategy too. this month I am going down home to Manchester for a wedding so may pop into the LSS on the Saturday!

I also have not done anything for my quota for Su and do have a wishlist

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

You really kept to your budget Shannon?? Hats off to you! or bouncing as we don't have hats.

I'm in a shopping mood but have no place to go!! Since I have two packages coming in the mail now I had better keep my purchases local, alas there is nothing new out there that I want. I will just pretend I went shopping when my packages come in........ now there is always a digital cartridge I can get.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

I'm here. I'm not setting a budget or a wishlist for this month. The packers get here on the 13th. We are moving on the 18th, it's a 5 day drive across the country, and then we are "homeless" until mid September when our house should be complete as long as there aren't a ton of weather delays. I suspect there won't be too much shopping taking place since I won't have access to my supplies for a bit and living in a hotel room with three dogs won't leave us a lot of room to hoard supplies.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Knew you'd like that Tammy!

I have the shopping bug too, but know I won't cave, don't have time!! LOL!

That said, I saw M's has a coupon for 50% off Sizzix dies through Saturday...

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Yikes gone to M's BRB...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to jorganne

• jorganne Said:
Yikes gone to M's BRB...

Sorry Jorganne...

But you know that coupon is good tomorrow too... just sayin!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol! Oh Jorganne hun, usually we try as hostesses not to be the first to bust! (although Kelly, Courtney and Sonja might disagree with that) lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Kelly, I hope all goes well with the big move - I know it is a big change for you!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Actually Courtney and I at least had a competition to see who could bust first as hostess. I believe she won....

I am well on my way to busting already! Pressed 'buy' on my SMS dies!

$23 and it's not even noon on the first! I think that's a new record for me... On the plus side, (or maybe its a minus side), I chose to pick up in store rather than ship and saved another $8! Go me!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $80-23= $57
Wishlist: Sizzix dies from SMS, TH Tattered Florals sizzix die, SS Sea to Shining Sea Stars paper, Amy Tangerine Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore paper line, resins and metals, Color Blooms (orange, green or red), Prima anchor mask & words, whatever else I see as long as I....
Twist: DO NOT BUST! No Cricut carts, no washi, no other paper!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Kelly, hope you have a smooth move!

Glad you were kidding Jorganne about shopping yesterday, right!! Can't bust on the first day........ I came close once!

Cute chevron boarder Sonja, way to go being the first to shop!!

Maybe I'll get in the mood to leave the house to see what M's has left in the way of dies. In the meantime I'm back to my work table.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

wow and it was even something on your wish list and not your twist list Sonja!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kelly good luck with the crazy month.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

okay my budget is going to be 150

wishlist - albums, stuff for norwich marble hall pages, stuff for norwich castle pages, stuff for gingerbread recipe pages

150 - 3 =147

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 08-02-14 03:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

just bought some digital papers for a layout - I can't find anything I like but these are pretty cool

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Ok, I was going to ask how anyone can spend only $3 when shopping!!! It costs me that just to walk through a store or put one item in my cart online. I don't do digital, except in Cricut cartridges, so there ya go!!
I'm afraid to do digital I would just get obsessed with curating more supplies and end up murdering my PC if I lost all my work.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

lol! I do it because it is quick and I have no room here to scrap really

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Sundays are not good for my budget!! I am starting (continuing) with a Disney album and found I did not have a Disney cartridge to my name and they have the cutest carousel horse I need for my page and since the cartridge was the same price as the digital image I bought the cart. Then because I am going to have to wait for the cart to arrive by snail mail, I purchased a couple of digital carts, Disney of course, so I could start right away and they were cheaper than their physical cartridge. All in all I spent $63 providing we have to count postage.

$150-63=87 Yikes that only like $3 a day left for the month!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

counting postage is up to you - some do and some don't.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I'm in again ladies! I'm planning another trip to the cities for the Great MN Get Together and I'm going to be shopping! I'm looking at amazon for vacuum bags and I need a bit more to get free shipping. What should I get? In the meantime, I'm finally working on my 1/2 started projects that have been sitting around for a few years. I think I'm beginning my nesting phase, or I just know I'm not going to have time to do anything when baby arrives!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

what - when did I miss this - congrats and when are you due?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I will have to let you know at the end of the month if I count shipping fees or not, if it keeps me from busting then of course I won't count but if it doesn't matter one way or the other....

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Sewflake

Tammy, our son is due mid-November. I don't think I shared the word on sb.com yet. Could be baby brain.

Ladies, I'm looking for some cute baby boy pps so I can make cards/LOs. What's everyone's favorite? Ready, set, enable!

Edited by kdinsmore on 08-03-14 05:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

Yeah another baby around here. How exciting and congrats!!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Echo park has some great papers for boys!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

wow we are soon going to have a nursery. Tina and Sonja are the best to give advice on boy baby papers around here I think.

Tina - I can't believe how big Ollie is getting - he is just too dang cute!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Yep ladies just kidding on the shopping. I didn't have time DH and I worked in the yard all weekend. My twist this month is to NOT BUST!!!
Wish list: paper, dies, stamps, inks, mists, baby girl embellishments, etc...
Hey congrats on the baby

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to jorganne

Thanks Tammy. We haven't seen him for a month and it's killing us. Hopefully in a few weeks we can go there.

I won another $10 gc from sb.com

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Katie, congratulations!!!!

Sharon, I say don't count shipping charges.

Tina, you have a lucky horseshoe. Congrats!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

In a moment of pure impulse I accidentally purchased a stamp set! Here I am trying to sell off the stamps I have accumulated (if I ever get them loaded in eBay) and just couldn't stop myself from pushing the button. Who am I kidding!! I didn't even try to stop myself!

$150-63=87+3 (for shipping that I subtracted in last purchase)=90-18 (no shipping added)=72

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

what stamp set?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

It's a new release stamp from Power Poppy called Sunny harvest that has images of Chinese Lanterns and bittersweet with a paper wrapped sunflowers and several sentiments.
Fell hard for the bittersweet and Chinese lanterns, especially when I saw a card done in browns and orange.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

sounds lovely - can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

OH Great, you mean I actually have to use it???

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

I love anything Asian inspired. You need to hurry up and use that lantern stamp.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

I will start planning on a project now but it will be at least a week before I get the stamp! OOOh OOOh I have gorgeous Asian papers I will pull them out too!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

so glad i didn't join this challenge (although i really should). I'm on holidays and since I can't scrap i have been finding scrapbook stores in every town and stopping (and of course buying)

on a happy (or maybe sad depending on how you look at it) I went to m's today and didn't find anything

but then went across the street and spent $70. . .since i've been on holidays i've spent $30 at sb.com, $20 at one m's (in calgary), $40 at another m's (kamloops), $90 at a scrapbook store in Vernon (but they are closing out/retiring so everything was 30% off so I HAD to shop), and another $40 at a local scrapbook store in kamloops. . .oh and $30 at a scrapbook store in Port Alberni. . .i'm glad i didn't have a budge this holidays

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

so glad i didn't join this challenge (although i really should). I'm on holidays and since I can't scrap i have been finding scrapbook stores in every town and stopping (and of course buying)

on a happy (or maybe sad depending on how you look at it) I went to m's today and didn't find anything

but then went across the street and spent $70. . .since i've been on holidays i've spent $30 at sb.com, $20 at one m's (in calgary), $40 at another m's (kamloops), $90 at a scrapbook store in Vernon (but they are closing out/retiring so everything was 30% off so I HAD to shop), and another $40 at a local scrapbook store in kamloops. . .oh and $30 at a scrapbook store in Port Alberni. . .i'm glad i didn't have a budge this holidays

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to beck_bear

am glad you are having fun shopping! Now what did you buy!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

That sounds like my kind of holiday!! Shopping in very store in very pace you visit! I would have busted if I was on holiday and the opportunity to shop, shop, shop, wait I did that....... next time I will know not to join this challenge during vacation time!!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
am glad you are having fun shopping! Now what did you buy!

will take pictures when i get home (as it's all packed safely in totes since we are driving home saturday morning) but there is lots of Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden, Bo Bunny Lemonade Stand, Thickers (x10 but such a great deal I couldn't pass up), DoodleBug Design Alphas, 5 packages of sequins (each package has 8 mini packages of monochrome colour), stamps, sizzix, that is all i can remember off the top of my head since i bought so much

best holiday ever though, i cannot say enough how happy scrappers are, every store i went into i made new friends

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to beck_bear

oooh Bo Bunny!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Dreaming My Whole Life By Sewflake

A couple of pages using my newest shade of Color Bloom spray that arrived this week, the rest of the page is a hoarders delight!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I love that BB Lemonade stand collection!

I went shopping with several of my scrappy friends. I spent about $30. Be back later with details.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Ok people, things are getting crazy. I just want to cry or hide until it's all over. I had the 12th scheduled for one last quiet me day to enjoy my home and take care of me. The movers called and said they had to change our pack/load dates. That's right, they are coming on the 12th. I have a million things to take care of before that, so I'm beyond stressed and will probably be pretty scarce for a bit. Don't forget me while I'm gone.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Sorry you are stressed Kelly.
Maybe you can give yourself a relaxing a few hours sometime instead.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

I think we should start a 2nd challenge for the budget group to use the purchased items to make something.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to kdinsmore

Kelly, sorry to hear your move is starting out more stressful than need be. I hope your pack out goes smoothly. We will keep a place your place till you are able to be with us again.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

hugs Kelly - we won't forget you when you're gone! We will all be thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly

Expert

Hang in there Kelly! Wow...I went to check on this thread and whew!! you all have been shopping up a storm. I agree...it would be interesting to see how many of us use what we buy. I tend to do this. I buy a bunch of stuff and then pick from my new stuff and ignore my old stuff...then I buy more and my new stuff gets demoted to old stuff and I forget all the cool stuff I have in my stash.

I will be cracking my vow of frugality next week. I have to purchase some new cutting blades for my Pazzle because the cuts are getting super dull and driving me crazy. I also have my eye on quite a few items for my Disney stash that are currently enjoying a spot on my wish list!

Sharon I love your disney layout! I saw it on Pinterest too. (I follow scrapbook.com). You're practically famous!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Here's what I bought and cardstock.
$21 not bad, I was thinking $30.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Hi ladies!!

Finally back to civilization at last! Still in Seattle (and loving it), but we just got back home today from five days up by the Canadian border. We stayed in Lynden, WA at a KOA. Beautiful location and park! Of course we did have to rough it a bit, no cable, no hot water in the RV and spotty WiFi - the horror!
We found things to do though... I have a whole iPhone full of photos to scrap now...

Headed to a Mariner's game tonight so I have to cut this short, but first....

OMG KATIE!!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL US THAT?!?!?!?!?! You're lucky you're pregnant, or I would have to smack you...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! SO happy for you! And so excited to add a boy to our midst! Boys are SO fun (though Courtney would argue her girl is just as fun) LOL! Little boy papers.... let's see... Tina's right, EP has adorable boy papers and so does Bella Blvd and Fancy Pants. I've always loved Doodlebug's Snips and Snails line, but have never gotten it. And Pebbles has a new one "Special Delivery" that's darling! That would make cute cards. OH I'm so excited for you!!!

Sharon, Nope, I don't count postage... that falls into the 'shipping' category! LOL

Becky, You can join or not join anytime, my dear! You wouldn't be the only one to bust while on vacation

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear you are stressing! Take time on your road trip East to relax then! Hope it all goes smoothly from here on out!

Tina, you and I must have the lucky horseshoe this month, I won anoter $10 too! They must know I'm trying to save....

AS for me, I tried to find scrappy stores, but like I said, we were busy busy most of the time so I didn't get anywhere until today on the way home. Stopped at an M's in Mt. Vernon. Wasn't much I didn't already have, but I did pick up a clearance stamp set (that re-inking set) and two washi tapes (GASP my twist!). And I did pick up a little packet of vintage Scrabble tiles from the antique store in the town yesterday. Spelled out my son's first and last name. So excited to find a project to use them for!

Okay, now I really have to run. Sorry for the long post! Hope to check in later tonight after the game. Hugs to you all!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
I think we should start a 2nd challenge for the budget group to use the purchased items to make something.

hahaha i'm laughing because at the one store i was in the lady actually asked if i was buying for a project or to feed my stash. . .i had to be honest because most of it is for my stash!!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to beck_bear

I spent my $10 sb.com gc and $9 more.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to beck_bear

• beck_bear Said:
  • kdinsmore Said:

hahaha i'm laughing because at the one store i was in the lady actually asked if i was buying for a project or to feed my stash. . .i had to be honest because most of it is for my stash!!!!

Becky, I think that is so true for all of us!! While I use part of what I purchase, a lot of it ends up in my stash. I can't scrap as fast as I buy!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Tina, love your stencil, that is one I would like but I think I already have it! One of those items to use for the hoarders challenge!!
When I pulled out my Disney bin to start that album, I found 6 rolls of washi/decorative tape that I had forgotten I even possessed! I could use that green for my current page!!

I went to a 6 hour crop last night, I spent only 4 hours there with no pages to show for the time, BUT it was well spent time as I was working on onerous jobs that I hate doing at home. I organized a shoe box of photos by event, then I sorted all my scraps by color. I took an album of unfinished layouts but found the only thing I needed to do was journaling (most will be computer printed) and titles that I design with my Cricut.

Alas, nothing there to purchase other than a 3 day CTMH charity crop coming up in September. My budget is still safe as my previous purchases are coming in and it feels like I shopped!
Carousel Cricut cart came in today.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

• 1scrappymom Said:
Hang in there Kelly! Wow...I went to check on this thread and whew!! you all have been shopping up a storm. I agree...it would be interesting to see how many of us use what we buy. I tend to do this. I buy a bunch of stuff and then pick from my new stuff and ignore my old stuff...then I buy more and my new stuff gets demoted to old stuff and I forget all the cool stuff I have in my stash.

I will be cracking my vow of frugality next week. I have to purchase some new cutting blades for my Pazzle because the cuts are getting super dull and driving me crazy. I also have my eye on quite a few items for my Disney stash that are currently enjoying a spot on my wish list!

Sharon I love your disney layout! I saw it on Pinterest too. (I follow scrapbook.com). You're practically famous!

Shannon, I had been wondering why I had so many views on that layout here at SC, I had just looked and saw someone had posted it on Pintrest!! Could have knocked me over!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

it is worthy of pinterest!

Oh and not all of us. I only buy now by project for the project - only the leftovers go in the stash and only if a significant portion size

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Wow, if I bought only for current projects I would not have to join a budget challenge!!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Sewflake

Thanks Sonja! We're pretty excited and he's moving around a bunch. We got a garbage bag full of 0-3 month clothes from one of DH's co-workers. I spent more time folding baby's clothes than I did mine!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to kdinsmore

Hello ladies sorry I've been AWOL. Been having chest pains and going to hospital and doctors. They've found a blockage and I've got to go back for more tests to find out what we have to do...if anything. If its not to bad they'll treat with meds. I'll try and catch up tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here. And not bad enough NOT to shop...lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

oh no Jorganne - I was hoping you were just away having fun somewhere. So sorry you are going through this.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Jorganne take care and let us know how you are doing.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Jorganne, take it easy and keep us posted. Hate that you are going through this but glad they found it now. This thread pretty much runs itself, at least it does if people are spending $$!!

It seems to me a slow spending month but then it is only the 10th. Speaking of spending, I may not have busted last month. I placed and order but it never arrived ssooooo, if I don't receive it and get a refund then...... not a bust for me!!

Working with the Carousel cartridge that came in yesterday!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to Sewflake

Jorganne, sorry you are feeling so terrible and hopefully the doctors figure out a way to help you feel better soon

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to beck_bear

nice loophole Sharon!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I thought it was too Tammy!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

That is one doozy of a loophole, Sharon! I don't think I could have thought of better!

Jorganne!!! Take care of yourself! Glad they found it, but hope it's a simple fix! Take it easy and don't worry about us - we'll worry about you!

Tina, you already spent your GC?! Dang girl, you are fast! LOL Love that new boy stamp (finally) and can't wait to see what you do with it!

No more spending (for now) for me, though that only applies to the scrappy spending... as to other spending? Well, that's different of course... UGH seems all we did on vacation was spend!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Sonja I had to spend quickly to get that boy stamp. Last month I tried and it was sold out.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

so I found out yesterday that I got a huge raise (since being in Scotand (8.5 months) I have had my salary increased a full 50%) - woohoo me!

That Cricut Explore is getting closer and closer! I may actually be able to splurge a bit now and then on my scrappy stuff

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Congratulations Tammy!! Does that mean we will see more enableing from you??

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I just got notice that I was mailed another kit so I guess I don't get to claim a loophole for July!!

Expert
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
  • beck_bear Said:
  • kdinsmore Said:

Becky, I think that is so true for all of us!! While I use part of what I purchase, a lot of it ends up in my stash. I can't scrap as fast as I buy!!

I'm pretty sure if I never bought another thing for my stash I STILL wouldn't be able to use up all my stash at this point!!!

Expert
In response to Sewflake

Jorganne - prayers for healthier days!!

Tammy - that is AWESOME! What better way to celebrate than SHOP!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Wowza Tammy that is awesome!!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

The packers are here and I'm hiding in my bedroom. **sigh** I need to go down there and help them, but I just want to stay in my room and pretend it's not happening instead. :/

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

WOOOHOO Tammy!!! Way to go!

So you're treating us all to something, right?

Good luck Kelly! The sooner you get moved, the sooner you can unpack all your stash and play!

Shannon, I think we're all in that boat.. which is why we came up with the companion Hoarders challenge... trying to compensate for the 'stuff' we buy!

Peachy is sorely tempting me today... 58 Bella Blvd papers for $13 plus shipping... I love Bella Blvd!!!!

DS is going to Abuela's today for the night. We have an appointment at UCLA with DH's specialist in the research program he's in. I intend to get me some Diddy Reese cookies and probably take the hubs to dinner to get his mind off all this junk! Maybe we'll get home in time for me to work on some of my photos before my head hits the desk pillow....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

OMG thats right,this is moving day!!! I second Sonja, the faster this is done the sooner you can come play! to keep you through today! More where that came from.

Don't do it Sonja and if you do, don't tell me!! I won't be tempted!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

I am exhausted. The guys just left, but they'll be back tomorrow to finish packing. Everything is almost done, but they haven't started the master bed/bath yet. They said they'll do that first thing tomorrow. Can't wait. :/

Sadly I won't be able to touch my stuff for a long, long while. We are having a house built, so everything is going to storage. Boo.

Tammy, congrats! That is great news.

Jorganne, how are you feeling?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Jealous! I've always wanted to build but dh refuses. He says we're too indecisive and would argue too much

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
so I found out yesterday that I got a huge raise (since being in Scotand (8.5 months) I have had my salary increased a full 50%) - woohoo me!

That Cricut Explore is getting closer and closer! I may actually be able to splurge a bit now and then on my scrappy stuff

wow congrats Tammy!!!!!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to beck_bear

ok so while i was on holidays i told you that i went shopping. . .well i didn't know HOW MUCH i actually shopped until I got home and put them together by store i got them at. . .without further adieu here is my haul:
Shopping Trip 6 By Beck_bear

Shopping Trip 1 By Beck_bear

Shopping Trip 2 By Beck_bear

Shopping Trip 3 By Beck_bear

Shopping Trip 4 By Beck_bear

Shopping Trip 5 By Beck_bear

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to beck_bear

Good heavens Becky, that's quite the haul!
The question now is, what are you going to DO with it all?!?

I didn't do it, Sharon. Ran out of time and got too busy. It's okay, I'm glad I didn't. I'm saving for my $10 g/c use! I have a hard time just ordering a few dollars more than that since $10 just covers shipping. Anyway, I have a crop in a week at M's so I might be in danger there too!

Kelly, glad the move is going well, except I'm sorry to hear all your stash will go in storage! That is TRAGIC! We'll help you cope though

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

ummm probably won't be buying anything if today was an indication. I am down in Manchester for a few days and went to the LSS - a real live scrapbook store and I didn't by a thing - not a blooming thing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

anyway just checking in and waving hi!

Safe travels Kelly.

Becky - you won the lottery didn't you and that was your way of showing us.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

What a haul Becky!!! We should be seeing lots of pages being cranked out!!

My replacement order came in yesterday...... the lady has been so nice and even added a couple of cool Prima floral packages because of the wait/confusion/loss, that I feel like I should continue in the kit club for a few more months. I just haven't had time to tell her that yet.....
Today has been spent taking mom to an eye Dr appt, grandson to school orientation, then mom out to retrieve all of the things left in her car after the wreck and towing. The car was totaled, fortunately no one was hurt. After looking at the car again today I am so thankful for that.
Then we had lunch....... ready to cool off and find something more fun to do!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

so glad no one was hurt - cars can be replaced - people can't

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I just hit major loophole heaven!

I bought a magazine at the store this morning. Now here most craft mags come with a free item. The items this month were a package of Bo Bunny Father Christmas stamps (okay so what it is from 2011 but still) and a 6x6 Bo Bunny Silver and Gold Collection (christmas papers) SCORE me!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

WOW Mrs. Loophole! Nice steal!

I agree, Sharon! Sad the car is totalled, but the more important thing is the inhabitants are okay!

I just got my DOTS!!!!
It's like a FREE budget item this month! LOL!
Now... to find time to USE said dots...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Hmmm wonder is I can talk my DH into going to the book store tonight?? I found some paper in a magazine a few months ago I would dearly love to have but just couldn't justify the cost said mag. just to get the paper. Now if it had been in a scrapbook magazine instead of card...........
Of course the book store is right next to HL

Yes Sonja, I am ready to see what you can do with those dots I have been hearing about!!

Jorganne, I hope you are doing OK and finding a solution to your health issues.

Kelly, you should be all packed out and ready to be homeless for awhile. Check in when you can.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

We are packed, loaded, and sitting in an empty house. Tomorrow we do a minimal clean and toss. Anything the movers can't take and we can't fit in the rental goes. We have the Got Junk? people coming for a big trash pick up, we need to clean out the garage and load the van. Sunday we hit the road and the cleaners come to do a deep clean. House closes on the 26th and then it's officially over.

Sonja, glad you got the dots.

Becky, wow, that is some hall!!

Tammy, what in the world? Are you ill? You couldn't find one single thing in a real LSS? BTW, I want a magazine that comes with a prize.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

I just got back from Books-a-million and guess what, they have those magazines that come with papers, stamps, prizes!! I almost bought one but they were $13 and I didn't like the stamp set well enough nor the papers in some of the others enough to go for it. I will check back again to see what they have. Great idea and the price isn't too bad but if I don't really need/want it then the price is way too much.

Oh, HL is right next door and I did spend $2.40 on 7gypsies gift tags.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics