Username Post: August HOARDERS Challenge        (Topic#1597843)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

The Scrappy Supplies Hoarder, you know who you are! (And, be honest, we're all guilty of it at one time or another...) Do you have one or two (or more!) coveted papers or paper lines that you just can't cut into?! How about a pad of papers you haven't touched, but had to have? Do you have a special package of embellies you simply refuse to use? Well this challenge is for you! Your challenge is to step up, admit to your hoarded supplies and USE them! *Rules* Here's what to do to enter: 1. Bite the bullet and create a page, card or project with a supply item (or two, or three) that you've hoarded for at least a year. Your hoarded 'supply' could be anything - embellishment, paper, an old Cricut cartridge you bought, but never used. 2. Post your project here for us to cheer you and clap you on the back! 3. List or link the hoarded items you used with your post so we can go search our stash for them! **Enter as many times and as often as you like, this is an open challenge with no sign-ups necessary! ** Optional Twists: (For bragging rights really) 1. TOOLS - Continuing that tool twist because it's helping me so much! Dig out that tool you bought into but never used (ex. Cricut, Copic, Gelatos, Masks, Mists, etc). Whatever you have that's staring you in the face - grab that sucker and use it! 2. Summer CLEARANCE - Go through your stash for those packs of one or two embellishments and USE them up! Let's clear out the old and get ready for the new!
Prize: Bragging rights and a slightly smaller stash!

View Challenge Here: August HOARDERS Challenge

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to SonjaC

I'm in!

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to savvy scrapper amie

Oh, I have so many supplies to use up - count me in! I'm going to try and use my Cricut which I never use.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to sassiescrapper

Good morning Sonja - have a wonderful holiday!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hello. My name is Laura, and I am a scrapbook supplies hoarder. Count me in again!!

Edited by lcmemories on 08-01-14 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to lcmemories

I'll play

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Sewflake

I'd like to play please.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to sasload4

I really hate to use this sparkly glitter paper used for the snowflake boarder. I don't have but one sheet and you can bet I will use every little scrap. I used some of my PTI paper to fashion the flower, and dug through my stash for these papers.

Christmas Joy By Sewflake

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

me please

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

I'm finally sitting down and working on a half started project from Scrapfest. I want to get it done! Would this count for this challenge, since I've been hoarding the stuff? If not, I just want to get it done.

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to kdinsmore

Got my first project completed using my Cricut - yay!! It's a birthday banner for my sister's friend's daughter. Am I allowed to say how happy I am with how it turned out? I've seen these banners on sale on Etsy for $40 or more! It was so fun and easy to make. I can't believe it's been sitting in a box for years. Now I have to find my other cartridges that are in storage somewhere. Maybe this will get me to use my Cameo too. I've had that since Christmas. Yikes!

For those of you who would like to know, used the Create a Critter cartridge and also my Slice for the letters. I used a flower punch to make the owl more girly.

Happy birthday banner By Sassiescrapper

So my hoarded supplies: cardstock (I have so much cardstock and pattern paper it's ridiculous), Cricut, Create a Critter cartridge, Xyron 510. Used a lot of tools - woo hoo!

Thanks for looking!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Anne, I love love love your banner! Pink, green and owls are my favorite! I want to steal this banner and put it in my scrap room.

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Anne, I love love love your banner! Pink, green and owls are my favorite! I want to steal this banner and put it in my scrap room.

It's so easy to make! Feel free to lift it!!

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper

Here's my layout:

love By Sassiescrapper

Used so many hoarded supplies: ALL my pattern papers are a year old or more and used my Cricut and Create a Critter cartridge from several years ago. Yay!

nvmagpie
Mayor
nvmagpie

I'm in!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to nvmagpie

Tractor Xing By Tinadn

The brown paint I sprayed into my embosing paste is ancient and I don't think ever been used, the TH blue paint is half dried up and the metal tractor is from an auction a few summers ago.

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to tinadn

lots of the cardstock

ahoy there **Birds of a Feather Kit** By Erin Reed -

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Erin Reed -

EVERYTHING old here
Ultimate adventure By Tinadn

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Tool twist-gear stamp
Needing a title By Tinadn

nvmagpie
Mayor
nvmagpie
In response to SonjaC

On this 2 pager I used old pp. The bg is 3 Bugs (solid side) the other pp is Echo Park. I got some bonus papers with an order quite some time ago. Not my regular style so I challenged myself to use it.

Views from the River By Nvmagpie

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to nvmagpie

Here's one from me!
Just about everything on here is hoarded product ranging from 1 year to 5 years old.
More info in the gallery description:

1st Day 7th Grade By Doreena

nvmagpie
Mayor
nvmagpie
In response to Doreena

Most of this was done with Fancy Pants Park Bench kit - I had only opened it once to take out some stickers and a pp. Decided I really had to start using it up. Journal spot by Lily Bee.

Sweet Memories By Nvmagpie

Resident
In response to nvmagpie

I am most definitely a hoarder! The majority of the paper squares on this one are from past Echo Park summer lines - A Perfect Summer (2013) and Summer Days (2011). I also used up some old thickers for the "pineapple".

Pineapple Fun By Kbear23

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to nvmagpie

A kit that has been collecting dust for a while.
CTMH kit By Tinadn

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to nvmagpie

I wanted to all the metal bead caps for this layout but I have way too many. They are old just wasn't able to do the twist by using them all. The ribbon looks good with this page, glad to finally find a place to use it. The carousal horse it a Silhouette image that I've had for a couple of years but never used before. The black and silver paper by imaginations is old, it's from Pictures in Time and I don't even remember where it is let along when I shopped there!!

Supercali - Disney By Sewflake
Fragilistic Disney By Sewflake

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Sewflake

31/52 Summer By NMscrapper
With tool twist

I honestly didn't think of entering this one here until I reread the specs! Then it dawned on me that I finally used some of those Cameo sketch pens I just had to have and never tried. Also, the beehive stencil and cork have never been used, and the fiber has been in my stash since I began scrappingl

sarawaltz
Expert
sarawaltz
In response to nvmagpie

Everything on this layout is over a year old. Feels good to make use of some of these things!

Real Life Adventures By Sarawaltz

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to nvmagpie

horded lots of the embellishments, flowers, little bits and bobs on this page, swirls, some papers - some items for over 5 years!!

Hello **Off the Rails & Just Imagine & Birds of a Feather** By Erin Reed -

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to nvmagpie

used up some really old flowers!!

Always **Paper House & Just Imagine** By Erin Reed -

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

More hoarded supplies just waiting for the push to get scrapping!!
Dreaming My Whole Life By Sewflake

Hoarded: Everything but the Color Bloom mist.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Sewflake

JCI. Waiting for more of my bottle cap magnets to dry. I just placed my amazon order for magnets.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to kdinsmore

I'm in!!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Juansmom

I am trying to use something old on all my pages lately. I have so much stuff.

On this lo I used my brad maker tool and accessories. I have had it for years and rarely use it. I need to use it more.

On a Mission. By Andrea M

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to andrea m

JCI, keep up the good work ladies!

Governor
In response to kdinsmore

Wanted to put something in the shadow box frame I've had for years. Twist is the bling flower centers from Archiver's card class in 2011. I wonder if I'll ever use up all those Wilton silk cake flowers

Dream By Boricuapr

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to boricuapr

Here is an oldie but goodie!! I used some minimarks rubons by American Crafts. I was given these at a crop about 3 years ago. Laura had had them for ages and never used it either!! They are on the lower right corner of the lo.
Your My Flower By Sewflake

The papers are Kaiser and Paper Pizzaz, pp is from 2006. Lace and string are old but I don't think I can ever use it all! I started out with 400 yards of the string! Then with re fills for the ink pads allows them to last for years too!!

Scraping4fun25
Mayor
Scraping4fun25
In response to SonjaC

Here is my entry for hoarders. Paper and letters were hoarded. no twist.

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 5141159.html][/url] Friends By Axelf85

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to Scraping4fun25

Here's mine using Basic Grey Out of Print (again - woohoo!) and Echo Park Note to Self. Really excited I used my Cricut and cartridge Word Collage.

Angels baseball By Sassiescrapper

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Me and My Luv 5.11.14 By Doreena

Hoarded items: washi tape, journaling spot, and the yellow/white PP behind the picture.

Edited by Doreena on 08-11-14 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor

I've had the bgp forever and the titles were cut from my ugly stash - these are the ugly pp and cardstock from packs. I used the back side since it's plain white and did my embossing, splatter and misting. The ribbon that anchors the pics was so perfect you can hardly see it, and the same for the last bit of lace to resemble the waves and splashes to get twist! Pics from 2009!

Beach Boys By Boricuapr

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Here's left side of Beach Boys and hoarded this large pic since 2009 and bgp even longer.

Grandpa By Boricuapr

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Here's left side of Beach Boys and hoarded this large pic since 2009 and bgp even longer.

Grandpa By Boricuapr

OH WOW! I never thought of the photos themselves being "hoarded"?!?!?! I have lots of those! In fact a lot of my layouts have hoarded items on them if you just count the photo!

Edited by Doreena on 08-12-14 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Doreena

clever idea

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to tinadn

ACU

Governor
In response to Juansmom

Dare I say how old the pic is? Shoe embellie and pps are 5+ along with some of the flowers.

Quinceanera By Boricuapr

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to boricuapr

Another one...old papers (some VERY old)!

Say Cheese By Doreena

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

SOOOOOO MANY hoarded items on here!
Just about everything....
(except for the word strips in the journaling block)
More details in my gallery description:

Son 10.13.13 By Doreena

Carol's Creations
Pro
Carol's Creations
In response to nvmagpie

Hoarded and Twist Items:

*Shrek napkin and treat bag from the birthday party
*Pooh and Friends Cricut cartridge (1st time I used this cartridge) - for the frame
*Phrases Cricut cartridge (1st time I used this cartridge) - "smile"
*Fiskars texture plate (carpet) (1st time I used this plate)- on the frame

Smile, Swing on over to Celebrate Jaidyn's 3rd Birthday Shrek 2 Party 2 page layout By Carol's Creations

Governor
In response to Carol's Creations

Just wanted to share a couple cards.

First is for birthday/wedding and had this roll of pears for decades and heart gel stickers for 5+ years.

joie de vivre By Boricuapr

This is using another of the tags in the pack of 25 pps of steampunk debutante frames - I think I still have 15 full sheets and lots of pages that I used a few of the frames/tags.

Thinking of You By Boricuapr

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to boricuapr

cool work ladies! I never thought of photos being hoarded but I have boxes and boxes of them/

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to Ladybing Tammy

been hording that white flower behind the pic for ages and the twine and inks and mists.

Bon Voyage **Birds of a Feather & Just imagine** By Erin Reed -

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Just wanted to let you all know that a card I made last month for Operation Write Home was featured on their Facebook page as a card share!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to kdinsmore

I have had this paper line for years. I have used it before but had lots left because I always buy the paper packs. I have also had the crackle paint in my stash since it first came out.

Tree Fort By Andrea M

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to andrea m

the mists, stains and the cardstock i have had for a long time!!

Senior Cruise **Birds of a Feather & Just Imagine** By Erin Reed -

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

behind on love, jci

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to tinadn

Here are two from me.

I have hoarded the tartan paper for ages.

CHAMPION By Sasload4

Both of the snowflake papers I have had for a very long time, as with the two felt coloured snowflakes.

FREEZING COLD By Sasload4

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to nvmagpie

hording the metals, flowers, doily, cardboard, chipboard (the red one i have had for 4 years)

Pure Joy **Robin's Nest** By Erin Reed -

M Braehler
Veteran
M Braehler

My Layout...

I Love You Sweetheart By Mer10127

I thought by buying "Grab a Bag" costed half price than the normal price would worth much rather then buying pieces.... (You know how it is come to scrapbook shopping), which at the end I created more stash items that I don't use at all...

My stash items are:
1. The cardboard paper (1 year)
2. Chipboards frame (almost 2-3 years)
3. Flowers (almost a year)
4. Cabochon (almost 1 year)

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to M Braehler

everything on this card, the embossing folders, papers, flower, twine, stickers, circle cutters - everything!!!

happy birthday **Just Imagine** By Erin Reed -

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

JCI and Sprinkling Love!

Governor
In response to Doreena

Very busy but wanted to DO and bbl to get acu. The Mariposa pack is one of the first I every bought!

Wes By Boricuapr

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to boricuapr

Here is a quick card I made using the DCWV Emerald Stack. The bonus is that I used my Slice, a brand new cartridge and a brand new Studio Calico Oh Snap stamp set - both the cartridge and stamp set were probably a couple years old. Thanks for challenging us to use hoarded supplies!

hello card By Sassiescrapper

Edited by sassiescrapper on 08-26-14 05:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 08-27-14 03:44 AM

Wow, I stumbled onto this challenge and I need this one, bad! People who have visited have frequently called my studio a, 'mini Michaels'.
I just finished this page a couple days ago. I finally used the corrugated cardboard that I found over 2 years ago at my brother-in-law's workshop. He gave me a 'you're out of your mind but, sure you can have it' look when I asked if I could keep the large roll he had put in the garbage bin.

Live Your Dream By DYnWV

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to DYnWV

JCI and sprinkling some love!

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to Doreena

Here's a quick birthday card using neon inks for the first time. I HAD to have them when I saw them last year. lol Sequins are from my stash which are a few years old. I don't think I'll ever get through all of them.

happy birthday card By Sassiescrapper

Edited by sassiescrapper on 08-27-14 09:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to Doreena

cardboard, metal bits, transparency, rub on

follow your dreams **Birds of a Feather** By Erin Reed -

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to nvmagpie

been hording the cardstock and some of the patterned paper for 4 years!!

Beach **Paper House Productions** BLOG HOP!! By Erin Reed -

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to nvmagpie

HOW did I not check in all month?!?!!

I am so sorry gals! Getting CU before the holiday weekend and hoping to get September's challenge up before I leave town.

Loving what I'm seeing so far!!! Thank you all for being so patient and playing along even though your hostess was a ghostess this month...

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to SonjaC

Hostess was a ghostess - lol!! Very cute!!

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper

Oh! Came here to post my layout. Used the DCWV Blossom Stack (have had it a couple years), my Smash tape which is starting to not stay sticky and my Creative Memories square punch I have had for YEARS:

birthday brunch By Sassiescrapper}

Edited by sassiescrapper on 08-30-14 11:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scraping4fun25
Mayor
Scraping4fun25
In response to SonjaC

Here's one more l.o. for hoarders. Paper was hoarded.
[image] Blessed By Scraping4fun25[/image]

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 08-31-14 12:33 PM
In response to Scraping4fun25

JCI
ACU as well

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Doreena

So somehow i forgot to link my hoarder pages for the month...silly me!

Dance the Night Away By Juansmom

COMIDA! By Juansmom

Wedding Reception By Juansmom

The papers AND photos have all been hoarded, waiting for me to scrap this wedding from 2010...I only have two more LO's of it to do...maybe September's Hoarder Challenge!

Edited by Juansmom on 08-31-14 01:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to Juansmom

Here's mine. The Pebbles paper has been hoarded for over a year - yikes! Using some punches that don't get as much love as they should and finally using my Slice a little bit more too. It's the first time I'm using the Think Pink cartridge.

Mammoth mountain biking By Sassiescrapper

Edited by sassiescrapper on 08-31-14 06:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper

Be back later to catch up on praise.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to nvmagpie

Still getting acu here, but at least I finally have September's challenge up!http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1598397/

Edited by SonjaC on 09-01-14 10:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • boricuapr Said:

Grandpa By Boricuapr

OH WOW! I never thought of the photos themselves being "hoarded"?!?!?! I have lots of those! In fact a lot of my layouts have hoarded items on them if you just count the photo!

Hmmm this gives me a good idea for a September Twist...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • boricuapr Said:

Grandpa By Boricuapr

Hmmm this gives me a good idea for a September Twist...

Glad to be helpful!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

I am A.C.U at last! Signing off here and see you all in the Sept thread!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics