Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I feel a binge coming on        (Topic#1598197)
bonprof
Queen
bonprof

In the last 3 months, Ive spent virtually nothing on supplies. I've been using my stash and using my stash!! My wish-list is longer than the Amazon River!! And..,so many new products are coming out!! Something must be done! Anyone else?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

Why don't you come sit by me on this very comfortable couch and tell me all about it? I'll hold your hand and nod understandingly while I talk you into buying a few things regularly to satiate the shopping craving. I know how to solve this problem for you...You can trust me. It's all going to be alright. Cookie?

Expert
In response to gin1902

I wish I could say the same...I've been on a buying spree lately getting ready for two big albums (4th of July/Family Reunion and family weekend trip to KC). I was doing really well with no Archivers to shop at and two boys home during the summer, but then I started stocking up for those albums with some online shopping and a couple of trips to my LSS (one was even with my boys, but I let them pick out papers to do some pages with the multiple pictures they took in KC). Between scrapbooking, dental bills (stupid unexpected root canal and crown), vacation expenses, and a medical bill my credit card was way high this last month!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Oh Gin!!
How did I know that you would be the first to comment on this thread??!!?!!! Lol!
Yes, I will lay on the couch and eat the cookies and you can tell me ALL about it. I surrender!! Lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I've been good but I've got a cart full of stuff and almost ready to hit the send. I don't know why I always wait to hit the send button but I guess I feel like I'll save more on shipping if I let it accumulate - or that a free shipping day will come along!

Soon I'll be on the couch with you!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

Hi Henri!! So good to have you here. Just like old times!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to HuskerMom98

Welcome HuskerMom!
Your albums sound awesome!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

HuskerMom98~that's just wrong having to spend perfectly good craft money on medical bills.

Hit SEND, Henri. Hit SEND! That's what that button is there for!

Wow, that was quick, Donna. One cookie, a comfortable couch and a few encouraging words, and you're off to dump every wish list you've got into your cart and I bet you and Henri can mash the buy button at the same time!

I splurged a little while back on ALL of the G45 Eerie Tale. All of it~doubles of everything and triples of the stuff I *really* liked. Okay, there were a few papers I *might* have gotten 8 of, but only a few. Oh, alright, most.....

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

I've been home bound for the last couple months healing so I've had way too much time to browse and shop online lately. I have to say though, a box of goodies at the door does lift the ol' spirits a lot.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-24-14 04:16 PM
In response to olleharr

What's sad is that I feel like I've been being REALLY good lately. I mean, there have been SO many things I've resisted buying. But when I go look at my credit card online, the evidence is there. I'm spending less than normal but still... how did I really just spend $50 when EVERYTHING was on sale and it all fit inside one small bag??

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Frustrating to spend so much and walk out with so little. Especially when it was on sale! $50 should fill the trunk but I guess those days are long gone.

Gin, I keep looking at the Cricut Encore and I know I need to wait on that one. I'm 90% sold but not 100% sold.

I have an order - almost $300 ready to order and I'm waiting for free shipping. Mostly papers and diecuts.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOL~I was going to tell you to just hold your nose and jump on that last 10% Henri, but then I got thinking about all the stuff I'm *almost but not quite* ready to get!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

Glad you understand. I have bought a lot over the years that I wish I had thought a bit more about first. I have a bad tendency to go overboard!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to olleharr

Lisa,
Did you have surgery?

I sure hope you are feeling good now!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Everyone have a great night. Stay tuned for more adventures on, "I feel a binge coming on".

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

Been fighting off a bad staph infection in my foot Donna. Starting to feel better, thanks.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to olleharr

Lisa. I hope it heals soon. Chronic infections really drag you down, don't they?

Welcome back Henri, and thank you Donna for starting a new shopping thread.

Gin

Can I still join in on this even though I'm desperately trying to scrap rather than spend? I've bought quite a lot recently, mainly clearance and gifts for other people. But now I want to stay in and use all my goodies. I have an almost-finished LO sitting on my desk for nearly a week now. I began it for a challenge that had a deadline of midnight last night, and didn't get it done. Isn't that sickening? Now the deadline is past and I'm fed up with seeing it sitting there on the desk. Pfft.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Good morning everyone!

Lisa, glad you are doing better.

Rosie, the more,the merrier!! Lol.
Today is the first day of school where I teach! Wish me luck!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bonprof

So last week, I used my sb.com birthday coupon to get some of the Tim Holtz vellum embellishments and one of the small Configurations books. I had some ideas to do the Configurations book with a book/reading theme.

Then it arrived and I petted it and got like 3 more ideas for it, and J's had them on sale but their online inventory for in-store items is junk, so, uh, I've got three more on order (two mini and a full-size) and I can't wait for them to get here so I can play!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to aquabunny

The TH vellum is just beautiful, isn't it aquabunny? Jealous! Is costs an arm and a leg here so I'll keep admiring everyone else's I think.

Good luck at school Donna! How long have you been teaching? Are you used to the first days of the year yet, or do they never stop being challenging?

Henri, did you buy any scrappy stuff on your travels? Anything that you can't get in the States?

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

I took a break from spending to. Last week I broke my freeze and have an order coming from here along with four stamps and a die from other places. My cart already has my next order ready to be placed on payday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good to see you Aqua - been a long time since we've crossed paths on the boards.

Lisa hope the staph infection gets better fast - staph infections are rough stuff!

I didn't buy anything scrappy on the trip Rosey. The only new scrappy things I got were the lovely papers you gave me. I'm already excited to use them - but right now I'm over my head with things I have to do - can't think about srapping.

We got rid of a couple mice in our kitchen before the last trip so I pulled everything - EVERYTHING - out of all my lower kitchen cabinets and left it all out so if a mouse ate poison and went into the cabinets to die we would find him. That is what the first mouse did.

We are mouse free but I won't put stuff back into the cabinets even though I have washed them out with disinfectant. So today we are going to look for linoleum and Bill will put that on the bottom of all my cabinets so I can put the stuff back in the cabinets. That is going to be very time consuming.

Plus, just got word that we will probably have company in at the beginning of the month. I haven't even looked at the guest house to see if the linens are cleaned since company was here while we were on vacation.

Got to get a few things in order before I can start scrapping again!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:

I splurged a little while back on ALL of the G45 Eerie Tale. All of it~doubles of everything and triples of the stuff I *really* liked. Okay, there were a few papers I *might* have gotten 8 of, but only a few. Oh, alright, most.....

OH Gin, I love that line! Well yeah you need 8 of each especially of the papers that have a more solid pattern. You need enough to mat or break up patterns. What if you want to do a 2 page spread and your favorite pattern is on the back. I am with you, better to be prepared than not have it.

I think I need to be on this thread. We are getting ready to move but my way of dealing with having to pack up is to buy a ton of scrapping stuff.
I am blaming Fancy Pants since I just came into some of their older lines and now on the hunt for the entire line. I bought 3 more current ones. The Expo didn't help either....

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

I like henri jean! 300 bucks is a lot of money - that is what I spent recently (shame on me ) so NEVER again I mean literally IF I ever want to spend that kind of money again I will have to save for months!!!
Hope the bronchitis heals!
mg

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
  • gin1902 Said:

OH Gin, I love that line! Well yeah you need 8 of each especially of the papers that have a more solid pattern. You need enough to mat or break up patterns. What if you want to do a 2 page spread and your favorite pattern is on the back. I am with you, better to be prepared than not have it.

I think I need to be on this thread. We are getting ready to move but my way of dealing with having to pack up is to buy a ton of scrapping stuff.
I am blaming Fancy Pants since I just came into some of their older lines and now on the hunt for the entire line. I bought 3 more current ones. The Expo didn't help either....

Agreed, Jill~it's definitely one of my very most favorite lines. Love the pumpkins and that some of the papers are good for fall. Moving AND buying more stuff to pack? Um...good for you!!!!! It all arrives in boxes, so you're actually ahead of things!

Veteran

How to overcome a binge without going broke:

1. Drive to Michaels
2. Pick out the biggest shopping cart you can find.
3. Walk down the aisles picking out everything you even remotely want.
4. Feel, look, and smell each package as you put it in.
5. Pick up one piece of .59c paper.
6. Buy paper. Leave the rest at Michaels "for later".
7. Feel satisfied.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to preraphaelitess

LOL~um.....#7 is not working for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

I have an excuse for spending that much and somehow this works for me.

I've been gone for 7 months this year and not bought anything. When you take $300 and divide it by 7 - I've only spent $42.00 (and a few pennies) each month.

That justifies it. In my mind anyway.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hello!! Number 7 doesn't work for me either!! What works for me is coming home and finding a pile of boxes from sb.com!! Then spending the rest of the week smelling, touching, organizing, sorting, and maybe even using a little of my haul. That's what works for me!!!!!! Lol!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

And I agree Henri, you are wayyyy overdue for a binge. I am so happy for you!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-25-14 03:04 PM
In response to bonprof

Oooh my Tim Holtz tissue paper arrived today. Forgot I'd ordered that. Lol

Edited by Vae on 08-25-14 03:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I've seen the Tim Holtz tissue paper but didn't get it because I don't understand what to do with it. It really looks cool though!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

So, I'm wondering if under a binge heading if there are sections entitled "Fuzzy Math Or How To Justify" and "The Least You Ever Bought On One Shopping Trip"~ 'cause you can't really call it a spree or a binge.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-25-14 05:46 PM
In response to gin1902

How to Justify? I could teach an entire class on that. I'm a master at justifying just about anything.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

Yeah, Vae, I've heard that about you.....

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I'm thinking Lesson 1 is~where there's a need/want there's a way.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-25-14 06:09 PM
In response to gin1902

Here is a tag that Tim made at the last scrapbook convention I went to. He kind of just let the tissue paper create creases and folds and then inked it, and then went over it with some Remnant Rubs. I love this look!

***DISCLAIMER*** I didn't make this.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Next time I want to order something and am hesitant I'll check in here for advice to justify it!

I can justify ordering all kinds of things because its free shipping.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I can and will justify anything in the scrapbook universe. I will invent events just to take pictures so that I can buy stuff!!

Veteran
In response to bonprof

To me justification=sale. My brain somehow equates saving with earning. I keep forgetting that no matter how much I'm saving, there is still some money going out. LOL!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

So true! Pera what is your first name?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I buy a lot of themed paper and then plan or stage the event so I can use the paper.

I have Disney papers so we must go there (its only an hour away and I've never been).

I bought a darling little skydiving embellie a few years back. I must try skydiving so I can use the little embellie. Yes, I really think like that.

And I buy a lot of travel papers for places I have never been but would like to go. I found cool Morocco papers so I need to go there so I can use them. Have awesome Paris and Eiffel tower embellies and papers so now I have to go there.

The justification for them - when I go to those places or jump out of a plane I won't be able to find them when I need them.

Don't know how much dinosaur, playground and other children's papers and embellies I've bought because when I need those specific items they will not be available but I have them safely in my stash.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-25-14 08:00 PM

Right now I'm in the middle of an obsession... looking through the gallery at everyone's scraprooms. I've been on a mission to add some shelving to mine and do the last few touches that I've been putting off for a year. Makes it very easy to justify just about anything. Today I bought some black letters to hang that say "THE LAB". The cameo dust cover didn't require any purchases though and I'm not sure if I'm proud that I made it completely from my stash, or sad that I didn't get to buy anything new. LOL!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Vae

Henri, I so relate to you!!

Vae, The Lab is a very cool name. Show us your shelving when you're done.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bonprof

Cool, I often refer to my craft room as my lab.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to aquabunny

I think I finally accepted the fact that I have enough paper for a while so I try not to even look at the new paper lines in case I get pulled back in. I don't buy a lot of embellishments anymore either. I tend tend to make those myself. Most of my $$ this year has gone to dies and stamps. I have built up my collection of those to the point of looking excessive. Every time I order something I tell myself....this is it....this is the last one. I don't need anything else this year. I don't listen very well.

Expert
In response to olleharr

Justifying a purchase...I keep referring to my new minivan as my newest scrapbooking toy! I needed something to carry all of my scrapbooking supplies to crops--and a way to some day bring home shelves from IKEA because they certainly were not going to fit in my Taurus...

I need to redo my scrapbooking area in my basement because I'm out of storage space for all of my albums I can't wait for the Kansas City IKEA to open because that's only 3 hours away.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My scrapbook room is just called "The Office" because that is how it started out. During the 6 years we've been here and I backed more and more out of real estate more and more into scrapbooking until now I don't do real estate at all anymore. But we still call this room "The Office" although it isn't really creative, its habit.

Would love to have shelves and things in here for organizing but no room for them. The only wall for shelves is covered with real estate plaques which I could take down but since I have an 8' long banquet type table for scrapping which is 3' wide I can't reach over it to get to anything that might be on the shelves.

If my husband would turn the garage into a mancave for him and have his own "office" I would have the entire wall that his desk takes up now for shelves and scrappy things but he isn't interested. He likes being in the same room. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

Oh hon..you have done really really really well with this challenge I think you deserve to have fun shopping spree Go for it lol

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• HuskerMom98 Said:
Justifying a purchase...I keep referring to my new minivan as my newest scrapbooking toy! I needed something to carry all of my scrapbooking supplies

If there were prizes, I'm quite certain a minivan as the newest scrapbooking toy would win, hands down! Man, I feel so inadequate now with just, you know, paper and stuff... I need to shop more! Lots more!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-26-14 09:02 AM
In response to gin1902

gin you crease me up!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Vae

Hi everyone,

I'm on my lunch. Anyway, you all crack me up!!:)

I'm down to my last two taper runners. Must put in order soon! I get paid on Thursday!! Oh no!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

You'd better call HuskerMom for a ride and to help you get your tape runners home, Donna. 'Could be a big load of them since you'll no doubt want to *really* stock up. You know, I've got a small trailer, I'll offer that up in case you really, REALLY stock up.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Thanks Gin!! I will have to take you ladies up on that!

Veteran
In response to bonprof

Just had a fleeting view of all the Jolees I could buy for the price of a minivan. Don't do that to me!!!

Oh, and bonprof, my first name is Catherine. A little bit easier than preraphaelitess.

Edited by preraphaelitess on 08-27-14 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hi Catherine,

Hope your day was great!

Hi everyone!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Going to a crop tomorrow, and it will most likely wipe out whats left of my stash(lol). More bingeing needed...

Edited by bonprof on 08-29-14 07:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

Trailer and mini vans as storage......I might need that idea. I just took advantage of the Fancy Pants sale, plus some other items that have been sitting in my cart for a while. More stuff to move.....maybe I have some issues around moving.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Going to a crop tomorrow, and it will most likely wipe out whats left of my stash(lol). More bingeing needed...

Always a need for a few more items in a scrap room.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to jaxxan

Catherine, I had a different thought~not how many Jolees I could get for the price of a minivan, but how many Jolees I could stuff INTO said minivan!

Jill~are you moving far away? Across town or state lines? Have to move? Want to move? Can you set up a craft room first to make it more fun? Instead of looking at it like you've got too much scrapping stuff to pack, you could concentrate on that you're new space will be very, very, very well stocked!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

I like to move because I find stuff I forgot I had. If we moved I can't start to imagine the scrappy stuff I would find that has been long forgotten!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

Normally I am excited to move too. However, I am not looking forward to stuffing our family of 5 and a dog, who is the equivalent of toddler, into a smaller house. The bedrooms are so small the kids furniture won't be able to fit. We want to be closer to the kids school where prices recently skyrocketed. We will be paying a ridiculous amount of money for very little space. Silicon Valley is not the beautiful place our childhood, it's too crowded and over priced.
I will have to scrap at a store or vicariously through all of you.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to jaxxan

My heart goes out to you Jill.
Anything we can do?

salt-of-the-earth
Tenant
salt-of-the-earth
In response to bonprof

I am looking forward to making my first purchase on this site in mid September, when I will finally have a paycheck with a little breathing room! There are so many wonderful new products out!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to salt-of-the-earth

Hi! Welcome. How do you like it here so far?

Have fun shopping here. It's so nice to come home and find the happy white box on the porch!

Edited by bonprof on 08-31-14 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Oh Jill, I'm sorry your home is going to be smaller but maybe it will just be for school years which makes it temporary. I hope its not forever for you.

You have to put priorities in order and it sounds like that is what you are doing!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Sorry about that Jill~maybe you can add on soon? Convert the garage? Buy one of those really cool storage sheds, add a window and convert it to your own personal space?

Hi salt-of-the-earth! Yay for spending part (or maybe all!) of your paycheck here. I can vouch for great products and superior customer service. Any problem I've had has been very quickly, nicely and professionally resolved by the folks here.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

Thank you so much for the support everyone. It means a lot. Its just so shocking to pay almost a million dollars for a 50 year old track home that is about 1500 sq. ft. It was considered starter homes when they were originally built. We are planning to move out of the area next year so even if we rent its ridiculous what people want in rent.
Okay enough of Debbie Downer, Whaa! Whaa!

How was the crop Donna did you get a lot done?

OOOOH! Salt of the Earth, a paycheck spending spree Yippeeee!
If you start to second guess or delete things we are here to support and enable the spending. Personally, I have found my shipping goes down when I add more things!
Soooooo ......What are you looking to get????

Edited by jaxxan on 08-31-14 08:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

Hi Salt - you are going to love shopping here. Things go out quickly and are really well packaged!

I especially love the free shipping days which are fairly frequent. I just check the store daily and see if they are advertising for the free shipping - really makes the money go a little further.

Customer service is awesome!

Veteran

CA is very expensive. My parents recently sold their tiny house in LA and were able to buy 5 acres and a giant home in Oregon with that money alone. But there is so much more to do so much more of the time (thanks to that perfect weather) give me a trailer park in Ca over 5 acres in Oregon any day!

Sorry you had to downsize though.

And Gin,

Edited by preraphaelitess on 08-31-14 09:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran

I think we'd be scrapbooking for several lifetimes with a minivan's worth of Jolee's piled in another minivan.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I second what Henri Jean said about this site and the free shipping deal can be awesome!

I will add that I have not always appreciated all the deals this site offers. However, I just stumbled on to a good deal with the 20% off Fancy Pants. I saved more than if I had used free shipping.

If you have a favorite brand it might be a good idea to see how the numbers work out for you in your cart after adding shipping. I had no intention of ordering the other day but I couldn't pass up the savings.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

True - when I really need something or want it really badly and I know it won't be there I sometimes order right away but as a general rule - I want for the free shipping! And sometimes other sales can compensate if you don't get the free shipping.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Jill, sometimes a smaller place is nice~less dusting and whatnot, but sometimes it's just hard. I don't think you're a Debbie Downer at all, I think this is a huge change in your life and not all of it is what it sounds like you wanted and that's difficult. Hopefully once you get moved the good will outweigh the bad and the bad you'll be able to fix.

Catherine~I think if I were cramming a minivan full of stuff, it wouldn't all be Jolees. Nothing against Jolees~love some of their stuff and have a little haunted house of theirs on order, but first I'd shove some new shelves in and then pack stuff around those. It doesn't matter if stuff is sticking out the back or all the windows, right? I mean, if you can drive down the street with it, even if you have to go really slow, it counts. Do tell me about your name. I think I know what it means, but I'm not sure enough to say. Do you paint? Study painting?

I think sb should replace the cart icon with a minivan icon. Though *some* shoppers here (cough, cough, JudyD, cough) might need a semi icon.

Edited by gin1902 on 09-01-14 09:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

Love Jolees too but very seldom buy or use them.

I've had smaller places and I've had bigger. The smaller is easier to clean and keep nice, or it is until my clutter gets out of control!

We are talking about downsizing and I think I look forward to it. In some ways I definitely look forward to it. Doing massive house cleaning and purging now to get rid of stuff so I'll be ready when the day comes.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

Thanks Gin for all the kind words and support. You are so kind.
The best escape from all the [email protected] going on is shopping. I am thinking that mini van is a nice idea but even better would be to have one of those luxury RV's and back it up to the warehouse here at Sb.com.

So maybe the real question on this thread is what kind of shopping binge are you planning: mini van or RV ?

Edited by jaxxan on 09-01-14 01:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to jaxxan

I'd use the luxury RV as my scrap room and something else for my haul. Like maybe one of those ginormous military transport planes. That ought to be big enough. Probably.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

The big military planes would be big enough. In Hawaii I watched them roll 5 helicoptors out of one! Along with other vehicles and stuff (blades are removed for transport). That should do it!

Veteran
In response to gin1902

ROFLOL! A van instead of a shopping cart!!! I love it!

B ut, now see I have a different outlook when it comes to shelving. I'd rather buy the stuff, then see what kind of shelving I'd need. Oh, yes, and hanging out of the window definitely counts. In fact if this minivan has a rack on top, we can use that too. And, yes, I think things other than Jolees (ahem, paper, cough cough) would be acceptible. We could take out all the seats and just stack from there. Wow, imagine how many stacks of paper you could fit in a minivan. Swoon!

As for my name, it's kind of a play on the preraphaelites who were a school of artists in the 19th century that countered the Victorian school of painting. My girlfriends and I discovered them in highschool and fell in love with their style and subject matter. We decided we wanted to copy them and start our own "secret" society of women who were preraphaelites or "preraphaelitesses". It's a handle that's unique enough not to require any numbers after it on the internet, and one I can remember. If you get a chance you might want to google image search them. I love Edward Burnes Jones and Dante Gabrielle Rosetti in particular. Might be fun to make some "preraphaelite" scrapbook pages sometime.

Edited by preraphaelitess on 09-01-14 02:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I'm not at all sure just how much of a minivan we've got left, Catherine. No seats, no carpet or ceiling liners and insulation, because I'm thinking that'll get us another inch or so of space. We'll need to save some money out for red flags to attach to everything sticking out the windows, back end and roof rack. Wouldn't want to get a ticket or endanger other folks on the road. I'd buy shelves first because I already know I need shelving and it almost doesn't matter what kind it is. I wonder if we had enough bungee cords if we could attach roof racks to the sides!

Very cool about the painters. What a fun thing for you and your friends to do and I agree absolutely you should do some scrapbook pages that way!

Veteran
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
I'm not at all sure just how much of a minivan we've got left, Catherine. No seats, no carpet or ceiling liners and insulation, because I'm thinking that'll get us another inch or so of space. We'll need to save some money out for red flags to attach to everything sticking out the windows, back end and roof rack. Wouldn't want to get a ticket or endanger other folks on the road.

Ha! You're right we do need a transport plane, and maybe a deserted Island (with one store for basic needs) so we have the time, space and quiet to do all this scrapping! Wow, if that isn't incentive to become a billionaire, I don't know what is.

I'll tag you (or whatever you do on here) when I do my first preraph page. (don't hold your breath at the rate I scrapbook that may be a couple of decades away.)

Cheers!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOL~incentive indeed! I do know the winning lottery numbers, the dang lottery people just never pick them!

You'll still be ahead of me on the scrapping thing, I still haven't scrapped a single picture. I know, I know, what am I doing here!!! And what do I do with all this paper!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:

Catherine~I think if I were cramming a minivan full of stuff, it wouldn't all be Jolees. Nothing against Jolees~love some of their stuff and have a little haunted house of theirs on order, but first I'd shove some new shelves in and then pack stuff around those. It doesn't matter if stuff is sticking out the back or all the windows, right? I mean, if you can drive down the street with it, even if you have to go really slow, it counts. Do tell me about your name. I think I know what it means, but I'm not sure enough to say. Do you paint? Study painting?

I think sb should replace the cart icon with a minivan icon. Though *some* shoppers here (cough, cough, JudyD, cough) might need a semi icon.

Hmmm...I wonder which JudyD gin could be referring to? I haven't been around for a week or so and now I see my name being besmirched. :>) However, a semi isn't a bad idea! I was thinking of the roof rack on our mini van, but then I saw someone else also thought of it, so obviously that is a great idea! However, with the miniscule amount of shopping I do, a mini Cooper would be sufficient. OK, gin...quit rolling around on the floor, laughing hysterically~

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

We sold our bus in Hawaii. I need it for storage!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

This is the old bus we had in Hawaii, which actually run. That is Bill in the background and all those boxes are Hawaii license plates. There were 15,000 we got that day.

Wouldn't this bus be great for scrap stuff storage, especially since it was driveable but alas, we sold it last fall.

The Bus By Henri Jean

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • gin1902 Said:

Hmmm...I wonder which JudyD gin could be referring to? I haven't been around for a week or so and now I see my name being besmirched. :>) However, a semi isn't a bad idea! I was thinking of the roof rack on our mini van, but then I saw someone else also thought of it, so obviously that is a great idea! However, with the miniscule amount of shopping I do, a mini Cooper would be sufficient. OK, gin...quit rolling around on the floor, laughing hysterically~

LOL~JudyD said, "besmirched"...and "miniscule" in the same sentence as "shopping".....Yep. That's me laughing hysterically on the floor. Ouch, I may have pulled something. Bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! I bow to you oh, queen of the 67 lbs of paper in one order. Mini Cooper..... Bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

Wait!! Wh..wh..WHAT! 67 lbs of paper in one order?
WOW! That is a binge of all binges!

It sounds like the transport plane might just be enough. Henri, that had to be impressive to see the helicopter and all that came out of that plane.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to jaxxan

OK...but it was only ONE time that I ordered that much paper in one order. Other orders have been split into more manageable loads for our mail lady :>) I happened to take good advantage...OK, extremely good advantage...of DCWV's online warehouse sale last year and yes, I ordered enough to warrant free shipping. I'm sure that had I ordered a measly 65 pounds, I would have had to pay shipping charges

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Judy, your my kinda gal!! Love your shopping habits!! Lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I can't even imagine. Now I want to get a scale and stack all my paper on it and weigh it.

How many papers do you think are in a pound?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I've seen someone post about how many papers to a pound, but I guess it depends if it is c/s or p/p. Mine was just typical DCWV...a bit of everything :>) Hubs weighed it all for me. I can't imagine what all of my paper would weigh! That 67# was just one order of many, although the others weren't quite as heavy :>)

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• mrsdriver5 Said:
but it was only ONE time that I ordered that much paper in one order.

Funny that all it takes is one 67 lb. paper order to cement your status as queen mum extraordinaire of paper shopping. Just one order. One really, really, really, hernia inducing, heavy order.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Hey somebody with scales, a ruler and a nice stack of 12x12 paper pads~would you please weigh it for us? Like maybe a 10 inch stack and let us know?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

I'll try to think to have hubs do it, but right now he's working on my craft table and I don't want to stop progress!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:
but it was only ONE time that I ordered that much paper in one order.

Funny that all it takes is one 67 lb. paper order to cement your status as queen mum extraordinaire of paper shopping. Just one order. One really, really, really, hernia inducing, heavy order.

Hernia inducing Mrs.driver you have now become a scrapper legend.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to jaxxan

Cali Judy, now don't be acting like that one 67 lb order is the only large order you've ever done. Granted, it probably wins as the largest, but Those of us that know better, know that you are definitely the shopping queen all the time. Stimulating the economy one purchase at a time. LOL.
I hear the men in brown have to do Rock Paper Scissors when they see hour name come across the delivery sheet.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

At least I have a reputation :>) I never thought about what might have caused the hernia that had to operated on last March. Do you think it was a scrapping injury? Is there insurance for that? I'll have to contact one of those TV lawyers and try to get a zillion dollar settlement...to buy more paper :>)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So funny! I would be curious to know the weight of paper! I don't think I've ever ordered nearly that much at once though. The only really heavy box of scrap stuff I ever received had 6 or 8 Lucky 8 punches and those things were big and heavy. But not a lot of paper. I buy individual, not packs so it doesn't add up that fast. Not until it gets into my stash and starts mating with all my other paper.

Sheryl - the new school semester just started here for Joe. Did you son just start a new semester too? You told me what he was majoring in and it just blew me away! How is he doing? How much more school does he have?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I think the game goes Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shudder, Hernia, Medical Leave.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

And then the new temporary guy shows up, because they'll need a replacement delivery person and it's Rock, Paper, Scissors, Knowing Looks/Shudder, Back Strain, Surgery, Medical Leave. And then the next new temporary guy shows up.....

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics