Username Post: How to glue thread or small ribbon        (Topic#1598437)
New Kid On the Block

I've been trying to glue threads and thin cords and find it difficult. Using Yes works but it gets all over the page.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to coraldancr

I have a few methods that work for me:

Glossy Accents (a very thin line)
Glue Lines
Glue Dots
Xyron
Staples

Sometimes I will just wrap the cord or ribbon around the back of my layout or card, and then adhere it with scotch tape!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

I don't know if it is still available, but I have in the past used Wackytac which worked well. This is simply small sheets of adhesive. You press your string or ribbon down hard with a credit card to pick up the adhesive and then pull it up and stick it to your page. My packages are really old. One bears the K & Company label and the other shows a DCWV label. You might google it if you are interested.

BonjourScrap
Expert
BonjourScrap
In response to Ms. Fit

I use Fabri-Tac (you can find it at Walmart) or strip of doubl side adhesives or glossy accents.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I use brads at each end.

CoolCath
Mayor
CoolCath
In response to Sunnydi

I forgot about my xyron machine, that is a great idea, I use brads or glue stick, but I agree sometimes they have a will of their own

Isbaha
Isbaha 
Veteran
Isbaha
In response to CoolCath

I use narrow double sided tape for small ribbon, and glossy accent for twine (when I glue it).

bosbb
bosbb 
New Kid On the Block
bosbb
  • bosbb on 01-09-15 09:00 AM
In response to Isbaha

For a fun look I've started using color staples. It looks great with twine or ribbon.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics