Page 62 of 62 
Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-15-18 01:01 PM
In response to cpadelford

Housework and yardwork is like stringing beads without a knot at the end.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to don1

well my garden is growing and the corn is come up. we are trying to level the ground around the garden beds seen the ground was not level. when we get back hope to put a seat around the beds that way it nice to sit on the edge and work on the garden beds.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to southern lady

Next Birthday is trish's on May 30th.

I had better get busy on a card.

Claire glad your unpacked lol. New goodies sound wonderful. I love your card. Be back later to leave some love.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

I read all....but my brain is swiss cheesy today.

Trish, overall I've tried not to get too invested with my kids' significant others. I mean....I shouldn't be crying harder than my kid if there is a break up, right? LOL!

Claire, what did you do in Napa? There are so many places to visit up that way. I hope our weather was good for you. I think it was. They days have all blended together for me.

What??? It takes a 1/2 (at best) to change sheets for a split level bed? Oy!! I think DH and I will need to look at one of those for our next bed. It's scary what the cost is and that they need to be replaced so frequently. Actually.....scary isn't quite the right word!

Danielle, did you visit your nephew yet? Congrats on your garden success. I hope it continues.

Andrea....thank you for the reminder!!! This month has totally slipped away from me.

I am another one who is not a fan of crowded restaurants on Mother's Day. I wanted DH to BBQ steaks, but that usually means me making sides, shopping and cleaning up. I opted for ordering pizza delivery instead, LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Housework and yardwork is like stringing beads without a knot at the end.

So true!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I read all....but my brain is swiss cheesy today.

Trish, overall I've tried not to get too invested with my kids' significant others. I mean....I shouldn't be crying harder than my kid if there is a break up, right? LOL!

Claire, what did you do in Napa? There are so many places to visit up that way. I hope our weather was good for you. I think it was. They days have all blended together for me.

What??? It takes a 1/2 (at best) to change sheets for a split level bed? Oy!! I think DH and I will need to look at one of those for our next bed. It's scary what the cost is and that they need to be replaced so frequently. Actually.....scary isn't quite the right word!

Danielle, did you visit your nephew yet? Congrats on your garden success. I hope it continues.

Andrea....thank you for the reminder!!! This month has totally slipped away from me.

I am another one who is not a fan of crowded restaurants on Mother's Day. I wanted DH to BBQ steaks, but that usually means me making sides, shopping and cleaning up. I opted for ordering pizza delivery instead, LOL!

we are going this Saturday we head to Vegas and then my parents are pick me up Sunday from Vegas and then head to see my sister and my nephew. we see if my brother girlfriend has here baby while i am down there.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to southern lady

Happy Friday. I am so glad the weekend is almost here.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Unfortunately, our friends' beautiful 13-year old sheltie passed yesterday.

He was a sweet but serious little guy and I felt that this simple, straightforward design suited his personality.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

It's a beautiful card, Claire...but sad that it needs to be used. I need to go check and see if you showed techniques.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mrsdriver5

Andrea...do you get weekends off? I just figured those would be the busy times for ice cream in your area and that you'd pretty much live at the store on the weekends. Hopefully you've found some good workers!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to mrsdriver5

Judy I do get weekend off for the most part. Some i have to work a day or be on call. I have to do some training this weekend. It is one reason i keep this job. I work 7 months of the year. 5 days a week and get most weekends off. I have 10 employees this year and so far so good. Weekends during the summer are always busy though.

Claire i love your card. I am sure your friend will greatly appreciate it.

We are working on the deck and yard this weekend. Just a few more weeks till graduation.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Claire, that card is a lovely tribute. I bet our friend really appreciates it. I love shelties. They are so sweet and smart.

Andrea, I'm just stunned that DS is graduating. In my head, he's still a little kid.

Danielle, have a great trip.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Claire, how did you do his name and the sentiment on the card?

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen - We were only in Napa for a couple of days but the weather was absolutely gorgeous! As was the whole Napa Valley. I'm sure some vineyards suffered varying degrees of damage from the recent wildfires but we visited wineries from Napa proper all the way up to St. Helena and never saw any evidence of it.

We rented a car at the airport and drove to our hotel in Napa, then had a local driver meet us at our hotel each day and drive us -in our rental car - to all the wineries we'd made appointments with for tastings. It was a great way to go. No worries about drinking and driving or appointing a designated driver who couldn't enjoy the wine tastings. And I have to say, our driver was AMAZING! He got a resounding five stars from all of us! I would do that again in a heartbeat.

All in all, it was a wonderful couple of days. And delicious, too! We bought enough, uh, "souvenirs" from our stay that we had to have them shipped home!

Edited by cpadelford on 05-20-18 01:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Thanks, guys, for the kind words about my 'Dougal' card. Our friends got pretty misty-eyed when they opened it but they really liked it and were most appreciative.

Judy - I didn't include any techniques this time because I basically created the whole thing on the computer. I needed the card very quickly so I just searched for a sheltie silhouette online, found a great one and downloaded it, then printed the front panel and layered it over some gold mirror-board and adhered that to the card base. Done and done.

Jen - The name at the top and the text at the bottom of the card are just computer-printed. The name looks a bit dimensional but that's just an effect I apply to the font in Photoshop. If you have Photoshop I'd be happy to tell you how to do it.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen in my head he is still a little kid lol.

The deck is coming along. Dh took tomorrow and the rest of the week off and has the long weekend to finish it and start cleaning up. He also decided he needs to re stain the logs on that side of the house. Plus he needs to install the new door.

My dd got her first job she is so excited. She does not turn 16 till the 19th of June but they said they could hire her and train her until she is 16. Its at the local movie theater so they have to be 16 to work. Ds's gf works there too. Her first shift is friday from 5:30 till 11:45. I am going to be exhausted waiting to pick her up. I am really proud of her for wanting a job so much.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Andrea, you have so many exciting things in the works! Graduation, a party, a new deck, a new job for DD . . . and, of course, it all means lots of extra work for you, on top of your own issues at YOUR job! YIKES! I get tired just thinking about all you've got on your plate.

Me, I'm going to the movies, LOL! Some girlfriends and I are going to see the new Book Club movie today. We all belong to a book club or two so it should be entertaining, especially considering the cast. And my GFs!

I'm on my way out now to mail a certain birthday card, hoping it finds its way to the Birthday Girl in time for her special day, next week.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend and a Game Night/BBQ here. Anyone else have special plans for the holiday weekend?

Edited by cpadelford on 05-23-18 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

JCI.

Jen thank you for the birthday card!
It is lovely.

Andrea, you are very busy there!
Congrats to both your kids - milestones for sure!

I hope you share a pic of the deck when finished- I’d love to see it.

No holiday plans here.
But I told the men we ( it’ll be mostly DS and I because my dh works way too hard and long hrs in the summer) need to start back up on project around the house.
Hoping to check one thing off the list this weekend.
Just don’t know what it’ll be.
Most of what we have left are small things to do.

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend and the official start to summer and BBQ’s !!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Hi everyone.

The yard is progressing. We took a break last night and bbq and had some drinks with friends.

Claire that movie looks pretty funny.

DD had her first shift last night. She seemed to really like it.

Page 62 of 62 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics