Page 64 of 64 
Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to scrapbookmonster

Great Christmas card, Stephen. Love the dog!

Here's another one I made today for a friend's birthday. It doesn't show really well in the photo but there's a raised frame around the 'Happy Birthday.' That was the hardest part of this whole card, sizing, cutting and seating that correctly. And then it doesn't show up! Sheesh!

I love polka dots and bright flowers so this one was a no-brainer for me. And no, it's not for Jen's birthday. I'm still working on that one!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to cpadelford

Stephen...I really like your Christmas dog. He's so cute with his eye patch.

Claire...You outdid yourself on this one, but I'm also partial to polka dots and bright flowers. The see-through ribbon sets it all off perfectly. Someone is going to be lucky to receive this!

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Stephen...I really like your Christmas dog. He's so cute with his eye patch.

Claire...You outdid yourself on this one, but I'm also partial to polka dots and bright flowers. The see-through ribbon sets it all off perfectly. Someone is going to be lucky to receive this!

Thank you.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I didn't make a card for my mom birthday I just use the ones I have already. my mom b-day is close to Halloween time

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to southern lady

Andrea, glad you’re back in your room.
I bet that feels good!

Claire, that is a gorgeous card!
I notice the raised panel.

I’ve been in my room the last 2 days working on LO’s I did at the crop in Florida.
I made pictureless LO’s - so now I’m finding pics and also adding goodies to the LO’s . I am almost done. I will work on it again today while I’m still in the mood to scrap.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Claire i can see your raised frame as well. Its beautiful.

Its so nice to see so many of you in here again.

I am on tag six of 12. I am not coloring anything so they will go faster.

I need to get to work on jens card.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 10-19-18 03:59 PM
In response to andrea m

Dr. said I do have bladder cancer. I have to do a set of weekly medication procedures for 6 weeks. Then after 6 mos. I go in for another biopsy.
On the upside I am losing weight.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to don1

Don, so sorry that you got that answer to the biopsy, but at least now the doctors know what they're dealing with. Sorry, but that's a diet plan that probably won't make you money by trying to promote it. However, good that something positive can happen out of bad circumstances. I've been wondering about you, but didn't want to ask so if you needed time to yourself without a gaggle of gals gabbing at you. Yep, a gaggle of gabbing gals...and Stephen, but he would be a gaggling, gabby guy, I guess.

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Don, so sorry that you got that answer to the biopsy, but at least now the doctors know what they're dealing with. Sorry, but that's a diet plan that probably won't make you money by trying to promote it. However, good that something positive can happen out of bad circumstances. I've been wondering about you, but didn't want to ask so if you needed time to yourself without a gaggle of gals gabbing at you. Yep, a gaggle of gabbing gals...and Stephen, but he would be a gaggling, gabby guy, I guess.

I have been called gabby, motormouth, chatterbox, etc. My uncle gave me the nickname “Motor Mouth” when I was a kid.

My scrapbook page I designed years ago.

Motor Mouth By Scrapbookmonster

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Well, I have never met you, but obviously your personality comes through. Nice LO! I like all the text bubbles. It sounds like you have a reputation to live up to!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Trish, I'm glad you had a great time! You can always work on your album at home, but hanging out with craft friends is where all the fun is.

Andrea, snow already? Wow! Enjoy your extended break from the shop this season.

Don, sorry to hear you were in the hospital and that the results were not positive. It sounds like you are the type of person to follow the doc's plan, which is good. I hope the meds work their magic.

Judy, my husband and I have that same stubborn (him) and persistent (me) thing going on. It's a good combo. I never thought about it until you put it into words!

Danielle, that craft board you made for Halloween is darling!

Stephen, your cards are so creative and fun. I like Frankenstein's stitched mouth and the mummy card. That Christmas dog is soooo cute. LOL on embracing Motor Mouth. I love that you made a layout with it.

Lee, welcome! I'm glad you made it over here! I joined this thread earlier this year and have already made several new friends, and was able to continue chatting with friends I've made from other threads. Jump on in....we are glad to have you.

Claire, I love love love that Happy Birthday card with the "happy" all layered up!! You hit the nail on the head with the handmade cards. It's the people who rip them open, flip the writing, and toss them aside that "bother" me. I put "bother" in parenthesis because I totally understand why they do that. I really do. In most cases, they are opening several cards and presents at once and don't have time to dawdle on minute details. These days I make cards for folks who I know will appreciate the handmade effort. Honestly, once someone opens the card, I couldn't care less what they do afterwards. It's their card. I know folks can't hang on to things forever, so I'm really good with them tossing them.

I went to the expo yesterday with my friends. We had an awesome time and scored some great deals. I ended winning 2 things! One was a kit from a vendor that specializes in travel. Of course I snagged a Hawaii kit (papers and embellies), and then bought some Las Vegas and Grand Canyon stuff for an upcoming trip. My friends found stuff for their Canada and Harry Potter World trips. The other winning was $10 at a vinyl crafting booth. Crickets. I struggled to find something and couldn't even give the certificate away. In the end I bought 3 pieces of vinyl and paid 54 cents. My friends and I will experiment with them the next time we are together. The booth had a couple fun examples, but didn't sell the "blanks". The booth was empty everytime I walked by. I'm guessing that if you aren't into vinyl, you would keep walking,and if you are, you probably have cheaper sources. In the end, I think their marketing needs a boost for their booth to be sucessful.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 10-21-18 08:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I know folks can't hang on to things forever, so I'm really good with them tossing them.

They can't? Now you tell me (said from behind a pile of everything I've owned for 72 years).

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Oops...71 years. I added a year, but I guess I was thinking about hoarding for nine months prior to my birth.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Don i am sorry to hear that it was not great news. Hoping the best in this situation for you.

Jen glad you had fun at the expo and won some fun stuff. I have used vinyl a couple times. I did a saying for my wall and a sign. It was a pain in the rear.

Judy you crack me up. I have no piles of stuff anywhere except my craft room, it is bad.

I am still working on tags. Its slow as the weather turned and has been beautiful. I am walking a lot to enjoy it before the snow comes to stay.

Hi Trish, Claire and Stephan.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there

I can't wait for my retreat that is in nov 1 it going to be fun. may next time Andrea you can come. it is really fun and lots to do it is in Albina

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Just so nobody decides to send an intervention team, the piles are mostly because everything in every room should be moved to a different room...but it's hard to move stuff into a room that is already full. We have a mostly-empty storage unit that we got with the plan of emptying a room, cleaning it thoroughly which will probably entail new flooring, then move in whatever should be in the room and move on to the next room. Yep, we have a plan. Unfortunately I think our energy is buried at the bottom of a pile.

And no, we're not hoarders that have to walk sideways through the house or can't bathe because the bathtub/showers are full. We have full use of our kitchen counters and the dining table is clear unless a jigsaw puzzle is in progress, but since we both can find a reason to keep most anything, it could get out-of-hand if we're not careful. However, as soon as we toss something...you know exactly what we need. I enjoy seeing all my knickknacks because each one has a story or memory that goes with it. I don't even mind dusting it all since I'm also dusting off the memories.

However, we do not keep moldy food, rotted clothing, or any of the other really weird things that I've seen true hoarders keep. However, if you want to see a sample of black/red typing ribbon or an unused flashcube, or the little gold Porky Pig pin I wore on my first day of kindergarten...stop by for a visit. :>)

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 10-22-18 06:01 PM

There is a very fine line between hoarders and collectors. I happen to have a mighty fine collection of artistic materials.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

lol Judy you make me laugh.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Good morning.

Any one have fun weekend plans.

I am getting my house ready for my bff and six of her kids to come for Halloween. We are having THANKSAWEEN. Halloween and Thanksgiving . She will be here for 4 days and 5 nights. I am going to have a house full of hungry teens. Im so excited.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

OMG, Andrea!! What are you thinking, woman?!? You are either a saint or a serious glutton for punishment, I'm not sure which. Wow!! Four days and five nights of six kids (teenagers, no less!) that aren't even your own??? Oh, how the mind boggles! I will keep you in my prayers but please stay in touch so we know that you are still alive and (at least physically) well. ((((Hugs))))

Don, I was so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am hoping the prescribed treatment will do what it's supposed to and get you back to a clean slate. You, too, will be in my thoughts and prayers, but on a more serious level than Andrea's self-inflicted insanity. Keep us posted, okay? And, just FYI, I am borderline, too, on my well-curated 'collection' of crafting equipment and materials!

But, at least I put it all to good use. Well, the 'good' part is purely subjective, but here's my latest:

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 10-26-18 05:16 AM

Looks great to me.
We go see Dr. again today. hopefully will know more later. Right now I feel more like a lamb to slaughter.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

claire lol I am counting down the days till they get here. I am so excited. I love your new card.

Don sending good vibes.

Crafty Mouse
New Kid On the Block
Crafty Mouse

Hello everyone,

Thank you for letting me join your group. I want to try every craft there is. I am new to card making and I really enjoy it. I make jewelry, knit, and do paper crafts at the moment.

I teach second grade so I am pretty busy but it is the best grade to teach. We just decorated Day of the Dead skulls that I die cut. My students go to Spanish everyday so they are learning about the Day of the Dead in Spanish class also.

I just made a birthday card for my friend at work: she is the Special Education Teacher. I would like to attached it here but I don't know how.

I have a daughter that just graduated from college and my husband supports all my craftiness- yes, I know that is not grammatically correct but I am a rebel.

Thank you for being so welcoming.

Lee

Edited by Crafty Mouse on 10-26-18 04:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 10-26-18 05:56 PM
In response to Crafty Mouse

Tomorrow is Saturday, I am going out in my studio and just get lost. All my health issues will have to wait outside.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to don1

That sounds like a great plan, Don! What are you planning to work on?

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 10-26-18 08:33 PM

I have been thinking of attaching ATC's to Christmas cards. Either as an add on or perhaps as an integral part, or perhaps something different.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to don1

Don, I like your plan!
Get lost in your studio and enjoy the day.
Leave those health issues right outside the door.
The line from Cheech and Chong comes to mind...
You keep knockin but you can’t come in.

Lee, sounds like fun decorating for day of the dead!
I’m sure the kids had fun.

Andrea, you must have your guests by now.
Hope you are enjoying the visit.
( I’d be going nuts with all those kids- lol!)

I made a card- will post after someone receives it.
Actually, I made 2.
Can’t post either yet.

I also will be working on a mat for a frame.
I am decorating it for my ex bosses 50th bday.
Dinner on Monday - so I gotta get crackin !

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Going to be beautiful here- in the mid 70’s
All 3 of my grands will be here this weekend.
I want to take them to Red Rocks - just to walk around and enjoy the sights and the weather.
And because it’s a great photo op for grandma - lol!
If you’ve never heard of Red Rocks- it is an amphitheater and it’s beautiful! I live 5 minutes from it.
Google it if you’re interested in seeing it.
( I’m sure Judy knows what I’m talking about! )

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

You all are cracking me up!!!

Andrea, press on, have fun, and keep your sanity. I love the thought of Thanksaween, minus the teens! I had a blast with stuff like this when my kids were teens, but my energy level couldn't take it these days.

Judy, we came *THIS* close to renting a storage unit and going with your same plan. I stopped when I saw how expensive units are out here ($110-130 for the smallest spaces), and I could just see the same things sitting in the unit 3 years from now. My DH doesn't seem to be bothered in the least that his office is home to boxes of junk left behind by older kids, amongst other unorganized things. I just shake my head and twitch when I look into that room. My craft room isn't much better. The room is small and the twin bed, my craft table, and the Ikea Kallax don't leave enough room for my artistic collection (love that term, lol).

On a serious note, my mother was a true hoarder. I had to clear out her home many years ago. Wow. Just wow. We found crazy things, including grocery receipts that were older than me. I thought her bed was a king size bed, as that is what she had when I moved out. Nope. After clearing away the junk (which took days, by the way), it was actually a full size bed. We literally walked down narrow hallways, and had there been more than one bathroom, then I bet the tub would have been filled with stuff!!! I literally could not watch one of those hoarder shows for many years after that experience.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Ha ha....I posted my novel and then realized there was a second another page to this thread!

Don, great plan. I hope your appointment went well, and am glad to hear that you are spending time in your studio.

Lee, when you upload a picture to your gallery, you need to click a box that says, "allow public embedding," or something like that. This allows you to imbed your image here. After you finish your upload, then open your image and look for a "link" icon that is on the right, under the "add to favorites" section. Click on the icon, and the choose the "IMG code" option, select a size, and a box will appear telling you to copy and paste the embedded code. Hit copy and then come here to this thread and paste. That should work. I hope! And a quick catch up on me, I have 3 adult kids, 1 adorable granddaughter, a patient DH, and I work as a tax manager for a large construction company. I also took 5 years of Spanish in high school and college, but remember nada for the most part!

Trish, have fun with the grands this week! And you reminded me that I need to check my mailbox later, when I'm not sitting in my jammies. Now that we have a locking box, I forget to check it every day!'

Quiet weekend here. Cleaning in preparation for trick or treaters on Wednesday, and we ran around doing errands yesterday. We also did our absentee ballots last night. That's 2 hours I will never see again.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Trish i hope you had fun with your grands.

Don hope your day creating was relaxing and stress free.

My friend will be here tomorrow night. trying to get all my chores done today and tomorrow afternoon.

Lee the day of the dead skulls sound like such a great project.

Hi Jen quiet weekends are nice. Dh and i spent yesterday finishing all the Halloween decorations and spending time together. He has been gone a lot this month hunting.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well I am trying to get everything ready for my retreat which is thursday. I think I got everything I am going to be work on some Christmas gift for my sister and her husband, it cold here today and windy. I hope it doesn't snow up there while I am there. last year it snow up there.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Happy birthday Jen!
Hope you had a wonderful day!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

Whew...running...ooph...tripping...running...I'm so glad we're both West Coast Girls, Jen. It's still your birthday, with a couple hours left to party! Woot woot! Hope you had a wonderful day and maybe you can spread your celebrating for the entire weekend!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I took Friday off and spent the day with my daughter and granddaughter. Yesterday, DH, BIL, and BIL's GF and I spent the day at a winery in Napa Valley. We did a tour and a tasting, and they have great picnic grounds where we enjoyed panini's and gelato.

Andrea, I live for quiet weekends!

Danielle, I wish you could send your cold weather this way. We hit 90 yesterday, which is very unseasonably warm for us.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Yay! I have happy mail on a Sunday! Apparently our mail person delivered mail last night at sometime after 7pm.

Trish, thank you for the birthday card. It is sooooo pretty! I love the sequins, stitching, and faux wood, and I love the heart bling and sparkly birthday wishes.

Claire, thank you, too! Your card is exquisite. The bow and the birthday wish is sooo cute! I love the embossing, clear bling, and sparkles! Is that a stamp you use for the back, or did you hand draw that?

Both of you....the insides of the cards are so pretty, and I would love to know how you did the stitching. It is so precious! I am adding these to my 2018 scrapbook!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Aww, Jen, I'm so sorry your card didn't get there in time for your birthday!! I made a special trip to the drive-up mailbox *at the Post Office, in my PJs, no less!* waaaay early on Friday, the 26th, a full WEEK before your birthday! You'd think they could get a small piece of mail from Arizona to California in less than a week, wouldn't you? Sheesh! Well, it sounds like you had a great birthday weekend anyway so I'm glad to hear that.

If your card looks familiar, it should. Yours came first - I'd had that planned for a very long time and I made it well in advance but I couldn't post it until after your birthday, of course. I liked it so much, though, it inspired me to make the Thanksgiving card that I did post. As far as the back of the card, I have several 'signatures,' two of which are done on the computer when I print the interior message, and I have a couple of stamps that I use on occasion, depending on the card. I'm sure that yours was one of the computer-generated ones. I'm really glad you liked the card. It's one of my faves.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

I am back from my scrapbook retreat had a lot of fun made a cute Christmas book.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Danielle, glad you had fun!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Hi everyone.

My friend left sunday and I spent all day cleaning from all those teenagers. We had a blast.

I tried to get on here monday but my laptop would not connect to the internet. I finally got it working after several hours and just gave up on checking in.

Hope everyone is well.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Good morning

Don how are you doing?

Its winter here for sure. 18 degrees last night brrr.

I actually printed a digital stamp to color yesterday. Now to get out the rest of my supplies.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 11-10-18 05:29 PM
In response to andrea m

Andrea, I got out of the VA Hospital today. I have an 8mm kidney stone blockage, which they stinted. For 2 weeks I take antibiotics then they'll deal with stone and remove the stint. Seems there is some E.coli in my blood stream, so that has to clear first.

I'm glad to be home again. The Dr.'s are all positive about my prognosis.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to don1

Don, you have a lot on your plate right now.
Hope all goes well.
Take care of yourself.

Andrea, we got a lot of snow today.
Not as cold as by you tho!
Enjoy your coloring.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Don glad to hear you are home but so sorry for what you are going thru. Please keep us updated.

Trish snow yuck.

I have been laid up all week. My back acts up a couple times a year and i cant move much. I also managed in the process to re dislocate my shoulder. Today is the first day i have managed to move about.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well I have my book I made at the retreat in my gallery

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Back from our Vegas vacation! Lots of fun, but no pool time because it was unseasonably cold. We had no problem filling our scheduled pool time with other activities, though. We saw the Grand Canyon (west rim), and did the Skywalk. I thought I would be scared, but it was lots of fun. We saw 2 shows and 3 museums.

Andrea, I love your card. Thank you!!! Your attention to coloring detail is always impressive, and even more so in person! OMGosh on your shoulder. How did you re-dislocate it? That sounds painful. I hope your back pain settles down.

Claire, it's quite possible that your card arrived in time.....in someone else's mailbox or perhaps stuck in the postmaster's office for days!! Our local post office service is extremely bad, and the postmaster has been under investigation (according to the local news sources). If it helps, I schlepped my way out to our mailbox this morning in my jammies to collect a week's worth of mail, LOL.

Danielle, I'm glad that you enjoyed your retreat!

Don, aye aye aye! I'm sorry you are dealing with a kidney stone on top of everything else, and then e-coli?!! Yikes. I hope you are not uncomfortable or in pain while waiting to deal with the stone.

The smoke here from the N. CA fires is incredible. I've never seen or experienced air quality this bad before. I cannot even imagine what it's like for those folks who have lost everything. We are staying inside today, and probably all weekend. It's good to be home, but I'm missing the freedom of being able to walk around when we were in Vegas.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen sounds like you had a great vacation. I hope to visit my mom in February and go to the grand canyon.

Im slowly moving around.
Ds is home and its just like normal here. Makes me smile not much has changed.

Hope everyone is well. What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving. We are having dh's Aunt and uncle and cousin over plus ds gf. Im looking forward to it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there

I am feel little better from this cold. well this thanksgiving we not doing much just have thanksgiving here. I can't Waite for Christmas

hope everyone has a great thanksgiving

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 11-21-18 09:35 PM

The Queen & I are going to Shari's Restaurant for turkey dinner. It's kind of like a Denny's.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to don1

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. Both of our sons are coming over (they're local). One is here already, spending the night. He came today to help with all the prep for the traditional turkey dinner we always make. What a gift, to have a third set of hands! DH is my second set. He's incredible in the kitchen! He could actually put on the entire dinner himself, if he had to. And it would be as good as mine, if not better! Our youngest is finishing up his next-to-last semester on his way to a degree in Graphic Design and has major projects due on Monday but he and our DIL will be here tomorrow, for dinner. Besides, he cooked the turkey last year, (he actually asked if I'd teach him how!) so he gets a pass this time on the meal prep.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a really lovely day and I'll be back soon!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 11-22-18 10:19 PM

Did you remember to set your scales back 10lbs?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

Lol Don i should have. My parents go out for turkey dinner as well if they are not coming here.

Ds left this morning. It is so funny how busy our house becomes when he is here. He had friends over several days in a row. I love it but i will enjoy the quiet for a few weeks. DD is a quiet kid.

I started Christmas shopping. I dread it every year.

Claire sounds like a nice thanks giving at home.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Dang! I did forget to set the scales back! That explains a lot!

Happy Post-Thanksgiving!

Andrea, I remember DS's first holidays home from college. They were precious. I loved have things "as they were" for a few days.

Claire, your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful! My oldest is my second set of hands, and is quite good, much better than I am, at pulling together a great meal. He used to say that he should have gone to culinary school instead of law school.

Don, we have gone out on Thanksgiving a few times. It was great......it gave us a lot more family time. Then the grandbaby came along, and it's just easier to stay in.

I started my Christmas shopping, too. I have 2 people that I'm struggling to buy gifts for. I'm hoping inspiration hits me sometime this week.

The air is finally clear here. We had over a week of being stuck indoors, and even then, the constant outdoor smoke made it's way indoors. Lots of coughing, headaches, etc. Yet.....I can't complain. I cannot even fathom going through what the fire victims are going through.

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to Luvmyfam

Here is a card I made for my Dad’s birthday which is this week.

Birthday Card for Dad By Scrapbookmonster

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster

Here in Canada we have Black Friday shopping too. It lasts all weekend. Today I walked into a Michael’s store with a 55% off coupon and turned around immediately and walked back out when I saw how long the line up was.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 11-25-18 03:06 PM

Here in the US we have Black November and Cyber Monday, which will become Cyber December.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to don1

well I am almost done Christmas shopping now I just need to work on the Christmas gifts that I am make for people my husband help me with it when some of it is wood working.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

right don plus this year everyone was having early black friday sales.

Jen yuck on the smoke. It is so sad what those fires have done. Half of our summer was smokey air. I could go on a long rant about forest management but i wont.

I have already told the kids Christmas is changing this year. Ds is an adult and he cant have much in his dorm anyway. I am planning more movies, game playing good meals and family time and less gifts. The whole shopping and gift giving frenzy is getting out of hand and ruining Christmas.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Here in the US we have Black November and Cyber Monday, which will become Cyber December.

Ha ha! Well put!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Andrea, the smoke is long gone for us, but people are still coughing and raspy-voiced. I remember having long summers with fire smoke, but this was the worst I've ever experienced. At one point our air quality was the worst in the world. Yuck!

Andrea....good job with the change up for Christmas! We did that when our youngest graduated. There was too much of an age gap between #1 and #3 to make many changes before then.

I cropped with friends yesterday and worked on gifts and gift tags. No cards. I ran out of time. I hope to work on a few in this next week or two. I already feel like there isn't enough time in December to get everything done that needs doing.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Luvmyfam

Andrea, I told my girls too that Christmas would be slim.
Just too much STUFF.
STUFF they don't need.
STUFF they don't use.
I'm spending money just to fill spots under the tree.
It's ridiculous and I'm over it.
I sound like the scrooge !!
And it's not the girls asking for stuff (they rarely do) but it's me and a bad habit of wanting to buy them goodies and making sure they have enough STUFF to open on Christmas Day.
So it's my own fault and bad habit but I need to break it!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Trish I am guilty of that to. ds cant even tell me three things he wants. fil says he wants nothing he is trying to get rid of stuff.

Im still trying to heal and its a slow road. Im getting frustrated.

I have made 0 Christmas cards which is not like me. I need to make at least 10 for a swap.

Jen sounds like a fun time with your friend.
I bought a harry potter clue game for the family to play this Christmas. we love clue so i thought it would be fun.

Page 64 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics