Page 65 of 65 
Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to mrsdriver5

I'm here, I'm here. I've just been crazy busy this year. Tax season with all the new tax laws kicked my butt. I've made one card to congratulate my oldest and his fiancé. He proposed in January (Feb?) and they are getting married in September. Otherwise I've been concentrating on doing our yearly albums (almost done with 18, need to start 19).

Don, I've seen those card swaps at the Expo, but have never done them. Do you attend the crop? My friend and I meet 1 to 3 times a year at the Expos in and near the Bay Area.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Luvmyfam

Hi, Jen~Glad to see you! How exciting to have a wedding to look forward to and another fun thing to scrap. I'm assuming that will also mean the fun of buying some new scrappy (wedding) supplies.

I wonder if I'll ever do a yearly album? Or any album at this point. However, we've been cleaning out my craft room that has become the hubster's computer room and the don't-know-where-to-put-i t...put-it-in-there room. Hopefully someday I'll actually make something again.

Do you still go on motorcycle rides with your hubby? (I think you're the one, right?)

Anyone have anything they're working on?

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 04-29-19 01:31 PM

This is the first year I signed up for the whole 3 days, including all 3 crops. The venue is 40 miles away, so I reserved a motel room

New Kid On the Block
In response to andrea m

I am inquiring as to if anyone has the Penny Black 2007 stamp flying stars and any examples.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to tgram63

Hi, tgram~ I love Penny Black and have quite a few, but not that particular one. I'm sorry...I just didn't want you to be ignored. :>) Everyone has been so busy that the thread isn't as active as it once was.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Judy, sorry but I will not be able to help out with the dusting...I have allergies.
And as far as sweeping- the only broom I have is the one I drive.
Guess I’m not much help in the upkeep of the place.

I have nothing going on.
I have been busy outside already- last week I worked outside everyday. This week snow and rain have kept me indoors..
I managed a few LOS - that was about it.
( Judy, you may remember Colorado weather- 70 one day and a blizzard the next)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

Yes, I remember Colorado weather. :>) Our #3 child/#2 son lives in Arvada, so I keep it on my weather app so I can check in on his weather every day. Someday I need to scrap a couple of pictures from the early 1970s. Hub's parents left to return to SoCal while our kids were playing in the water, wearing swim suits, in the front yard during the first week of September. Then I have a photo from just a couple of days later when they are bundled up in snow gear, building a big snowman in the front yard.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Judy, that’s funny!!
I’ve experienced that type of scenario before while vacationing In Florida where it was in the 80’s and flew into Denver and it was below 30 ! ( not 30 below )

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

One year I flew from San Diego to Denver around Feb. or March. My mom had just had a mastectomy and I was going to help boost her spirits, but I was deep in thought as we came into Denver. I looked out the window and saw all the brown, grassless dirt, the trees stripped of leaves and my first thought was a bomb had gone off in the area. Then it dawned on me that I wasn't in SoCal anymore! I had left the Hubs home mowing the grass and we had flowers blooming everywhere. That is the green part of the year here in our little populated part of the desert. :>)

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Judy, funny you would mention that!
I like to refer to us as “crusty Colorado “ because we are so dry.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

LOL on the weather stories. And booooo on allergies. They are awful here in CA after all of that much-needed rain. I'm experiencing them for the first time in over a decade.

Don, yes, that deserves a hotel room! The ones I go to range from 30 to 65 miles away, and I usually do 1 day of events, though I've done more in the past. I'm always a bit jealous of the folks who stay the whole weekend.

Judy, yes, I ride motorcycles with the hubby. No riding this weekend, though. I've been busy with errands and in the scrap room.

I finally made some cards. As usual, mine are quite simple and made with scraps. The one of my granddaughter is for my DD's 3rd Mother's Day. I make the same style for her each year, but with a current pic of her daughter.

Mom's Day #3 By Luvmyfam

Be Mine By Luvmyfam

Favorite Friend By Luvmyfam

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Luvmyfam

Hi all... I haven't been in here for a loooong while. Life happens when you're crafting... you know how that happens. Anyhow, I hope I can drop back in an catch up. This was such a great thread with great people... Here's the last card I made....

Last year my mom gave all the girl's Koa turtle necklaces at the family reunion...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Kimberly Rae

I also have a get well/healing card I need to make for a dear friend who is having biopsy surgery on Friday, to remove a mass from her lady parts... Keep her in your prayers, her name is Kristen, she's a mom of three and she's so scared that this might be cancer.

Page 65 of 65 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics