Page 63 of 63 
Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Danielle i am so sorry about dh's mom. Sounds like a lot to deal with. Its nice that fil can stay with you.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Wednesday dd and i went pizza and to see Christopher robin. We really enjoyed it.

Yesterday was dh and my 20 year anniversary. He took me to dinner at our favorite sushi place. We may and try to do something more next month once we get ds to school and dd starts school. We just have to much going on right now.

Mil and fil will be here late tonight. They are bringing my niece and nephew. I just dread being around my mil though. It will be a long few days.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well it going to be hard on me but I am taken it one day at the time. my office is back with my scrapbook stuff. I have little room to do some scrapbook stuff. my husband and his dad have to go back to vegas for the funeral and to go threw the stuff at the house and sale the stuff no one wants and then we put the house for sale after we finsh the work that need to be done.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to southern lady

Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. That is very nice of you to make accommodations to move in your FIL. Good luck with FIL's move and selling their house.

Don, all that work sounds exhausting!

Andrea, woot on a fun trip to Oregon! And Happy Anniversary! Ug on hosting your MIL. That is very sweet of you to help with your son's girlfriend. I'm sure your support will help with her success at college.

Trish, your October crop sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

I finally have an assistant again. He starts a week from tomorrow, smack dab in the crucial points of Tax Season 2. Oh well. He's got good credentials, so I think we'll be just fine.

The scrapbook expo and crop was fun. I didn't get a lot done, but I did get a good start on my latest Hawaii album. That was a week ago, and everything is still packed in my wagon, in my dining room. It's been a busy week! There were not a lot of vendors at this location (in Silicon Valley), and my friend and I noticed that the prices were higher than at the last expo location.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Luvmyfam

Andrea!!
Sent you a message.
Christmas 12 days of swapping is open.
Hope you join us!!

I hope everyone here will also join the swap.

Happy Anniversary!! So awesome!

Edited by bonprof on 08-13-18 05:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to bonprof

Jen yeah for a new assistant. I am so glad you had fun at the crop.

If any of you enjoy swaps at all the 12 days of Christmas is a blast. I do it every year. I would suggest checking it out. Thanks Donna.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

We leave in the morning to take ds to school.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

went to the fair last night had nice time with my neighbor we had some yumm maple bars. well my husband and his step dad are come back today from Vegas. my aunt said the funeral went well. I been clean house seen they been gone. now I am print out pic from when my friend was out here and start make layouts for that.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-16-18 05:11 PM

We go to our first fair next week, and the State Fair in 3 weeks.
I am feeling just fine, but my Dr. feels I need a cat scan and other tests. Which reminds me of a story:
A Dead Duck
A Woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird’s chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said “I’m sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has passed away”.
The distressed woman wailed, “Are you sure?” “Yes I’m sure. Your duck is dead”, replied the vet. “How can you be sure?’ she protested. “I mean you haven’t done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something.”
The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck’s owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on her haunches, shook her head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said “I’m sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck.”
The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman. The duck’s owner, still in shock, took the bill. “$150!” she cried, “$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!”
The vet shrugged, “I’m sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it’s now $150.”

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

Andrea, how was it dropping DS off at school?

Don, that is hilarious!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Luvmyfam

Don, that was too cute!
TFS!
And also, good luck on your scan.

Andrea, hope you survived the mil visit and dropping your DS at school. Did you cry?
How far from home is he?
Oh, and happy anniversary!!

Danielle, how nice you were able to have an outing with your neighbor!
Glad you have some pics to scrap from your friends visit.

Jen, hope the new assistant works out and can easily get trained so he is a help and not a hindrance during your busy time.
Glad you had fun at the expo!
This is definitely not a cheap hobby so I’m not surprised to hear of the prices.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

lol don thats funny but so true.

I cried when we left ds i think all four of us did. We are so excited for him . He has texted a few times and seems to be having a great time already. He starts classes this morning and texted to say he already found a job.

prices are high on everything lately.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Happy friday everyone.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, that is so sweet that y'all cried. Yay for DS....it sounds like he's off to a great start.

My new assistant is fantastic. I took Friday off. It was my first worry-free day off in a couple of years.

Yesterday I had friends over for cropping. I made a wee bit of progress in my 2018 album. It was a fun day. I love my crop days! I need to get a couple of cards made this week or next weekend.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 08-26-18 08:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

jen i wish i could crop with you.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well I am think of going to a retreat in nov 1-4 scrapbook

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Danielle that would be fun.

I have a month and a half of work left. I am so ready to have some time in my craft room.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Jen, how fun- glad you had a good day with scrappy friends!
Nice to hear your asst is working out.

Andrea, almost down time for you and then back to creating your sweet cards!
Of coarse less money for supplies but it’s a good trade off.

Danielle, hope you get to go to the crop.
That should be fun.

I am one month away from going to the crop in Pensacola with fellow scrappers from here.
I know it will be here before I know it and I haven’t a clue of what to take. I will be working on that throughout the month.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to ChansGram

here is a card I made I think it turn out alright

Fall card By Southern Lady

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Trish good luck packing for your crop. I always want to take everything lol.

Danielle cute card.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Andrea, problem is I’m not a traveling scrapper.
I like to scrap at home with all my stuff.
I’m mostly going for fun and to meet the ladies I’m in the thread with.
I have zero expectations of actually accomplishing anything. Which is fine.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 09-06-18 04:52 PM
In response to ChansGram

Danielle, I think it is a great card, very cleverly done.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Danielle, I think it is a great card, very cleverly done.

thanks a lot

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Trish, it's all about the socialization! You can always work on projects and finish them at home, but hanging out with friends and meeting new people is the best.

Danielle, that is a darling Fall card!

Andrea, I would love to crop with you someday, too!

Work has been insane and deadlines are barely getting met. In two more months I'll complain that work is too slow (my only slow period is between Halloween and Thanksgiving), LOL. Oh well.

Today my grandbaby has her birthday party. She turned 2 on Thursday. I want to make a card for her party, but my scraproom has been a catch-all for the house, and the thought of going in there is pretty daunting.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Trish what about making page kits. I use 2 gallon ziplocks and pick pictures, paper and embellishments for said pages.

Jen sorry work is so hectic.

I get a four day weekend this weekend. I am really looking forward to it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Luvmyfam - thanks

well it been cool here in the morning and warm up in the afternoon.

I would love to crop with andrea some day

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Andrea, yeah I bought some kits and was going to take whatever pics may go with them and will probably just do the basics. Because I never know which way a LO will go it sure makes it hard to take stuff.
Anyway, it’s mostly for fun and meeting the other ladies.

Glad you have a 4 day weekend!
Nice to recharge the batteries!

Jen, happy birthday to your little one!
I love 2 yr olds!
2-4 is about my favorite age.
Seems everyday they learn or do something new!
So fun and cute!
Enjoy and get lots of pictures!
Sorry you’ve been so busy at work but I guess that’s job security- right?!!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Trish I never get a ton done at crops either. I sure have a lot of fun though.

I now am down to working three days a week. I was busy getting things accomplished that have been put to the side this week . I am already making plans for next weeks days off.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Danielle how are things going with your fil living with you?

kathy101
Idol
kathy101
In response to andrea m

Hello everyone!
It has been a very long time since I have been on here thought I would pop by to say hi to everyone.
Getting ready for hurricane Florence to come through tomorrow.

I have not been doing many cards this year just not in the mood to do it. I have found this website that is a game and I have falling in love with it. If you want to know what it is send me a PM and I will tell you.

Well hope everyone is doing well.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Danielle how are things going with your fil living with you?

it is different seen he live with us and it hard on my little bit but I am taken it one day at a time. my office are is back and there little room for me to scrapbook, hopeful it get better in time I hope.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I did make it into my scrap room last weekend, and I quickly pulled together this card. It's very simple. The best part was when my granddaughter opened the card (well, her mother did, and then handed it to her), she gently fingered the bling and the cardstock "2." That was the sweetest moment ever for me!!

Happy 2nd Birthday By Luvmyfam

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Danielle, I imagine that it's going to take a bit for all of the details to be worked out while your FIL settles in. Hopefully your craft area can soon expand again.

My granddaughter's party was fun. She didn't understand presents, so her parents bribed her with the promise of cake. She understands cake, LOL! After presents, they put her in her decorated high chair, brought the cake out, and we all sang Happy Birthday. She didn't understand why her parents then took the cake away (to slice it). The poor thing cried!! I hollered to my daughter, "cut fast!" Once her slice was delivered back to her, she was a happy camper. We gave her a trike and she loves it. My DD sent a pic the next morning of Kira sitting on her new trike while watching cartoons, LOL.

Andrea, will the ice cream stay open at all during the winter? If I remember right, you usually end up with no work for a few months.

Trish, yep....total job security!

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to Luvmyfam

I hope I can join this chat group. My name is Stephen. I am from Scarborough, Ontario Canada. It is one of 5 cities and one borough that forms Toronto. Have you heard of movie actor Mike Myers? He is from Scarborough.

I started scrapbooking in 2005 and started card making in 2010. I make my cards and give them to relatives, friends, Canadian Armed Forces, Toronto Police and Firefighters.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to scrapbookmonster

Hello
Welcome Stephen.yea you an join this group.

Well Saturday went to eye doctor seen my husband had to go and I never done a eye exam. So I had to get glass for distance.i made a card for my sister for her birthday which is oct 3.ican’t waite for my parents to come visit.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Danielle one day at a time is the best thing you can do.

Hi Stephen welcome to our little group. It slows down a lot in the summer but picks back up in the fall and winter. Please share your cards with us.

Jen how cute you granddaughter must have been with her cake. Iove that she adored your card.

We will close the shop on the 14th of October. Then
I have a few months off. Lots of crafting time.

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to andrea m

Here is a card I made.

Hot Air Balloon Card By Scrapbookmonster

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to scrapbookmonster

stephen love the die layers.

Page 63 of 63