Page 62 of 62 
Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-15-18 01:01 PM
In response to cpadelford

Housework and yardwork is like stringing beads without a knot at the end.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to don1

well my garden is growing and the corn is come up. we are trying to level the ground around the garden beds seen the ground was not level. when we get back hope to put a seat around the beds that way it nice to sit on the edge and work on the garden beds.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to southern lady

Next Birthday is trish's on May 30th.

I had better get busy on a card.

Claire glad your unpacked lol. New goodies sound wonderful. I love your card. Be back later to leave some love.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

I read all....but my brain is swiss cheesy today.

Trish, overall I've tried not to get too invested with my kids' significant others. I mean....I shouldn't be crying harder than my kid if there is a break up, right? LOL!

Claire, what did you do in Napa? There are so many places to visit up that way. I hope our weather was good for you. I think it was. They days have all blended together for me.

What??? It takes a 1/2 (at best) to change sheets for a split level bed? Oy!! I think DH and I will need to look at one of those for our next bed. It's scary what the cost is and that they need to be replaced so frequently. Actually.....scary isn't quite the right word!

Danielle, did you visit your nephew yet? Congrats on your garden success. I hope it continues.

Andrea....thank you for the reminder!!! This month has totally slipped away from me.

I am another one who is not a fan of crowded restaurants on Mother's Day. I wanted DH to BBQ steaks, but that usually means me making sides, shopping and cleaning up. I opted for ordering pizza delivery instead, LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Housework and yardwork is like stringing beads without a knot at the end.

So true!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I read all....but my brain is swiss cheesy today.

Trish, overall I've tried not to get too invested with my kids' significant others. I mean....I shouldn't be crying harder than my kid if there is a break up, right? LOL!

Claire, what did you do in Napa? There are so many places to visit up that way. I hope our weather was good for you. I think it was. They days have all blended together for me.

What??? It takes a 1/2 (at best) to change sheets for a split level bed? Oy!! I think DH and I will need to look at one of those for our next bed. It's scary what the cost is and that they need to be replaced so frequently. Actually.....scary isn't quite the right word!

Danielle, did you visit your nephew yet? Congrats on your garden success. I hope it continues.

Andrea....thank you for the reminder!!! This month has totally slipped away from me.

I am another one who is not a fan of crowded restaurants on Mother's Day. I wanted DH to BBQ steaks, but that usually means me making sides, shopping and cleaning up. I opted for ordering pizza delivery instead, LOL!

we are going this Saturday we head to Vegas and then my parents are pick me up Sunday from Vegas and then head to see my sister and my nephew. we see if my brother girlfriend has here baby while i am down there.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Happy Friday. I am so glad the weekend is almost here.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Unfortunately, our friends' beautiful 13-year old sheltie passed yesterday.

He was a sweet but serious little guy and I felt that this simple, straightforward design suited his personality.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

It's a beautiful card, Claire...but sad that it needs to be used. I need to go check and see if you showed techniques.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mrsdriver5

Andrea...do you get weekends off? I just figured those would be the busy times for ice cream in your area and that you'd pretty much live at the store on the weekends. Hopefully you've found some good workers!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Judy I do get weekend off for the most part. Some i have to work a day or be on call. I have to do some training this weekend. It is one reason i keep this job. I work 7 months of the year. 5 days a week and get most weekends off. I have 10 employees this year and so far so good. Weekends during the summer are always busy though.

Claire i love your card. I am sure your friend will greatly appreciate it.

We are working on the deck and yard this weekend. Just a few more weeks till graduation.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Claire, that card is a lovely tribute. I bet our friend really appreciates it. I love shelties. They are so sweet and smart.

Andrea, I'm just stunned that DS is graduating. In my head, he's still a little kid.

Danielle, have a great trip.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Claire, how did you do his name and the sentiment on the card?

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen - We were only in Napa for a couple of days but the weather was absolutely gorgeous! As was the whole Napa Valley. I'm sure some vineyards suffered varying degrees of damage from the recent wildfires but we visited wineries from Napa proper all the way up to St. Helena and never saw any evidence of it.

We rented a car at the airport and drove to our hotel in Napa, then had a local driver meet us at our hotel each day and drive us -in our rental car - to all the wineries we'd made appointments with for tastings. It was a great way to go. No worries about drinking and driving or appointing a designated driver who couldn't enjoy the wine tastings. And I have to say, our driver was AMAZING! He got a resounding five stars from all of us! I would do that again in a heartbeat.

All in all, it was a wonderful couple of days. And delicious, too! We bought enough, uh, "souvenirs" from our stay that we had to have them shipped home!

Edited by cpadelford on 05-20-18 01:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Thanks, guys, for the kind words about my 'Dougal' card. Our friends got pretty misty-eyed when they opened it but they really liked it and were most appreciative.

Judy - I didn't include any techniques this time because I basically created the whole thing on the computer. I needed the card very quickly so I just searched for a sheltie silhouette online, found a great one and downloaded it, then printed the front panel and layered it over some gold mirror-board and adhered that to the card base. Done and done.

Jen - The name at the top and the text at the bottom of the card are just computer-printed. The name looks a bit dimensional but that's just an effect I apply to the font in Photoshop. If you have Photoshop I'd be happy to tell you how to do it.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen in my head he is still a little kid lol.

The deck is coming along. Dh took tomorrow and the rest of the week off and has the long weekend to finish it and start cleaning up. He also decided he needs to re stain the logs on that side of the house. Plus he needs to install the new door.

My dd got her first job she is so excited. She does not turn 16 till the 19th of June but they said they could hire her and train her until she is 16. Its at the local movie theater so they have to be 16 to work. Ds's gf works there too. Her first shift is friday from 5:30 till 11:45. I am going to be exhausted waiting to pick her up. I am really proud of her for wanting a job so much.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Andrea, you have so many exciting things in the works! Graduation, a party, a new deck, a new job for DD . . . and, of course, it all means lots of extra work for you, on top of your own issues at YOUR job! YIKES! I get tired just thinking about all you've got on your plate.

Me, I'm going to the movies, LOL! Some girlfriends and I are going to see the new Book Club movie today. We all belong to a book club or two so it should be entertaining, especially considering the cast. And my GFs!

I'm on my way out now to mail a certain birthday card, hoping it finds its way to the Birthday Girl in time for her special day, next week.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend and a Game Night/BBQ here. Anyone else have special plans for the holiday weekend?

Edited by cpadelford on 05-23-18 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

JCI.

Jen thank you for the birthday card!
It is lovely.

Andrea, you are very busy there!
Congrats to both your kids - milestones for sure!

I hope you share a pic of the deck when finished- I’d love to see it.

No holiday plans here.
But I told the men we ( it’ll be mostly DS and I because my dh works way too hard and long hrs in the summer) need to start back up on project around the house.
Hoping to check one thing off the list this weekend.
Just don’t know what it’ll be.
Most of what we have left are small things to do.

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend and the official start to summer and BBQ’s !!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Hi everyone.

The yard is progressing. We took a break last night and bbq and had some drinks with friends.

Claire that movie looks pretty funny.

DD had her first shift last night. She seemed to really like it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Claire, that was very clever of you to hire a driver. Last November we drove from St. Helena to Santa Rosa and saw a lot of fire damage. Santa Rosa was hit much harder than the Napa area. We passed by damaged areas while driving from Napa to St. Helena, but didn't see anything because those areas were far from the road. LOL on shipping home your souveniers. We once saw 2 women at the airport drinking up their souveniers because they couldn't bring the liquid on the plane. They each had a full bottle of wine in their hands, with more in their bags. I didn't get to see how that one ended! Photoshop....I haven't used it in ages, but I could probably figure out that text. It's so pretty! How was the movie?

Andrea, how exciting for DS! I don't envy you on those pickups. I've always felt sorry for the parents who had to do late night theater pick ups for their kids working there. Yay on progress!

Trish, you are quite welcome! Sorry that I had to send it so early. I hope you have a wonderful day.

We've had an exciting week. We just got back from Maui (which is why I sent Trish's card early). Our hotel was lovely, as was the beach and views. The only downside was the actual travel part. We did a small tour group to do the road to Hana drive. DH was goofing around on a short retaining wall, and in the process he fell into a grassy cliff...about 8 feet down!! The first few moments were horrifying, but then it became clear that he was going to be OK. The men in the tour, and a couple of men nearby, formed a human chain to pull him back up. He suffered some scratches and a severe dent to his dignity. Once I was sure he was going to be fine, I grabbed my camera for pics. I laughed for a good hour afterword. A woman standing by looked at me with huge disdain as I suppressed mad giggles and snorts, camera in hand. She clearly doesn't know my DH like I do.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen...I hope you got a good photo of the woman who was shocked at your behavior. :>) As long as my hubby was able to breathe and move a limb or three, I'd be laughing and taking pictures also. They want to act like little kids, they deserve the results. I shudder to think what mine will be like when he enters his second childhood, since he has never left his first one!

Hawaii is the only state I haven't been to. I have no real desire to go there other than to make my check list complete. I would have liked to see Volcano Natl. Park, but obviously this isn't the best time to go!

When entering both California and Arizona, cars used to have to stop for a produce inspection. They haven't done that, at least when we've gone through, for quite some time, but way back in the late '60s or early '70s we were going back to Denver. At the stop entering AZ there was a family who had a whole box labeled California Oranges. It must have been at a time where there was some pest danger because they obviously weren't able to take their souvenir fruit into AZ...so the whole family stood to the side of the road eating oranges. :>) With all that Vit. C they should have been cold-free for quite some time!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

no holiday for me today. I am off to work. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

We are making more and more progress around here.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Trish your card will be in the mail tuesday. I missed the mail lady on sat.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

JCI quickly to say thank you to Claire for the wonderful card! Very cute!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to ChansGram

I was just wondering if it would get there in time, Trish! And I'm really glad you liked it. Coloring it made me especially hungry!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Here's the card I made for Trish. Anybody else a frosting junkie, like me? This card really made me crave birthday cake. I'm the one who eagerly takes the flower on the corner while everyone else is scraping off the frosting on their piece. Ah, well, somebody's gotta eat it!

Colored with Prismacolor pencils. I really enjoyed doing it. Didn't even drool on it.

Much.

Happy Birthday, Trish!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Beautiful PURPLE card, Claire! Well, I know if you come to a birthday party at my house and my oldest daughter is also there, I need to have a cake with lots of corners so the three of us aren't fighting for the corner frosting! Maybe a dodecagon-shaped one so the three of us could each have four corners! (No, I'm not that smart. I had to google the name of a 12-sided shape. )

Andrea, I'm not surprised you had to work yesterday. Even on national holidays there are some jobs that are just too necessary to have a day off...and if making ice cream isn't a high-priority job, I certainly don't know what is! I'll take a dip of blackberry and a dip of something chocolate, please~

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Thanks, Judy - (a) for the kind words about my card and (2) for informing me that there could be such a thing as a 12-cornered birthday cake! When you order that, just let me know whose bday it is (so I can make a card, naturally) and what time cake is served. I'll be there with bells on. And a bib!

I agree with you, too, about Andrea's having to work on a holiday. I do feel badly for her but, let's face it - making and serving ice cream to the peeps in summertime is one of those critical-core jobs that *somebody's* gotta do, right?! Otherwise, I shudder to think . . .

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Dont feel to bad for me lol. I do work all summer holidays but i do get a lot of time off in the winter months. I think i am pretty lucky.

I dont have blackberry but i do have huckleberry .

Happy Birthday trish. Your card is on the way.

Claire wow your cupcakes are colored beautifully.

Once graduation is over i am hoping to do aprils class from kit in clowder.

The deck is done. the door is in. The trim is up, the siding is fixed where we shortened the deck. Now for more clean up and to fix the patio. We need it to quit raining so we can get this done. Then its yard work.

Tonight is senior bbq. I was woken up by thunder this morning. Fingers crossed it decides to get nicer today.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to andrea m

OK, Andrea...huckleberry will do. In fact that is almost what I requested, but for some reason blackberry sounded really good. I'm not sure I've ever even had blackberry ice cream, but I've had huckleberry. :>) At Knotts Berry Farm we used to love their boysenberry ice cream. Although is any ice cream bad? Oh, I just remembered trying green tea ice cream. Ugh...never again!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Wow Andrea, you guys got a lot done!
That’s a good feeling!

Hope the weather held out for your festivities.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Andrea, I received your beautiful card today.
Thank you- it is very pretty!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 06-01-18 06:33 PM
In response to ChansGram

Vanilla is the only true ice cream. After about a week Vanilla starts to change a little to ecru, it is renamed French Vanilla. As it continues to spoil, flavors and dyes are added to get Strawberry, and Chocolate. When those start to turn, all the other flavors are developed by mixing the different colors. In the end all the really spoiled ones are put into a large vat and mixed together. When you mix all colors you get black, as in Licorice.

Be safe eat Vanilla.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

Lol don

actually vanilla is a flavor. Ice cream has a base that people assume is vanilla. It isnt until you add vanilla extract and we add vanilla bean as well. We make everything from the original base.

Trish i hope you do like your card. I know it is not coloring but it is a even scarier thing for me embossing lol. I panicked doing that card.

Graduation is this Thursday and the party is sat. We still have so much left to do but the big projects are finished.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there

I am back form my little vacation. I got to see my nephew and I got to see my brother baby it was born when I was down there so we went to the hosptial and got to see him. both of my nephew are handsome and I can't Waite to see them again at Christmas time. I am hope soon we can go to the mountains and go camping up there.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Judy, I would have loved to have snapped a photo at the woman who glared at me, but honestly, she was a bit scary, LOL!

Claire....those cupcakes are totally droolworthy!! Now I want cupcakes. Pretty ones.

Andrea, how was the graduation?

Knott's Berry Farms Boysenberry is something I haven't heard of in years. Good stuff!! I think my favorite was their loganberry. I've never tried huckleberry.

Don, LOL on vanilla.

Danielle, yay for a good vacation!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Here is my card for Trish's birthday

Happy Birthday By Luvmyfam

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Hey, Peeps! How is everyone? I've had a very busy week, so I haven't been in here much but neither have most of you, it seems. It's funny how the activity seems to ebb and flow. Sometimes we all gather and chat up a storm, then it's like a ghost town and you can hear the wind blowing the tumbleweeds around, LOL! But, it's good to get away from the 'puter screen and actually *DO* stuff from time to time, right? Hope you've all been doing lots of fun stuff.

Speaking of which . . . I had my paper crafters here on Friday and this is one of the projects I came up with for them to make. I just love the look of this card! It's going to be hard to part with.

One of the best things about holding these crafting sessions is that I always try to come up with at least one new technique for each class and, and as often as not, I have to learn it first so I can teach it to them! For example, this was my first attempt at heat-embossing and coloring on vellum. I think I'll be doing more of that, though, because it was much easier than I expected. But, naturally, there is never a Judy around when you need one, LOL! I sure could have used her help with the fussy-cutting since I didn't have dies for the flowers or leaves and she loves to do that. Anyway, there are more details on my gallery post if anyone's interested.

Andrea, I hope your graduation festivities were a huge success but you've got to be exhausted by now, with all you have going on. One big plus . . . after all the dust settles, you have a brand new deck to enjoy! And you got DS through high school. That's a very good thing. Congrats to him and to you!

And, Jen, great card you made for Trish. So bright and airy and summery. Perfect! Left some love in your gallery.

Danielle, sounds like you had a great vacation!

I'll be back when I get my second card from the crafting session posted. It's a fun one!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Here I am, back again as promised, with the second card from Friday's paper crafting session. This one is much more casual than the first and lots of fun to make, actually. The blended background that's behind the black overlay was done with brushes instead of the usual foam-pad blending tools and the blending is *SO* much easier! Details in the gallery posting.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

All yard work was finished. Graduation was a success and i made it thru without crying lol. The party was great even though it was a blur for me as i was busy making sure everyone had everything. Ds was all smiles and seemed to really enjoy it. I got a ton of hugs all weekend. I cooked for four days straight for a pile of people. We are very fortunate to have such an amazing family. They even brought gifts for ds's girlfriend. I am exhausted and still cleaning up but making progress. Now its back to work and dd's b day will be in a couple weeks.

Claire your cards are just beautiful. I admire you doing a craft day.

Danielle congrats on two nephews. How wonderful to get to see them both.

Hi jen, judy, don, and trish.

i have been piling stuff in my craft room to get it out of the way. i will have to clean awhile to be able to use it again.

I

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to andrea m

Wonderful cards, Claire! I bet your crafting ladies (gents?) enjoyed their time learning your techniques. You should have sent me your leaves. I would have loved to cut them out and I wouldn't have even needed to unload my worktable to do it! :>)

Not much going on around here. You all lead exciting lives. :>) I used to, but now staying awake is pretty exciting.

Congrats on getting through graduation without crying, Andrea. You did better than I ever did. As soon as the first sound of the march is heard, I'm a basket case. I was always so proud and happy of my kids/grandkids, but wow...those years sure go by fast. Day-to-day they sometimes seemed to never end, but overall, it went by so quickly. However, our oldest daughter just graduated with her BA a few weeks ago. She decorated her hat with "Degree before 50". Her 50th birthday will be next Monday, so she was proud to finally get it done. She didn't really need a degree before, but with her long-time company making plans for drastic changes, she knew she would need a degree.

I wish we were getting a new deck. OK...I wish we were getting a deck. Right now we have French doors leading from the screened room to a foot-high drop-off to the ground, but there are other remodeling things we're trying to get done while Hubby still has the get-up-and-go to get-up-and-do-it. And there is another door to use, so people don't have to leapfrog out the French doors. :>)

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

JCI.

Claire, such beautiful cards!
If that one with all the colors doesn’t make someone want to get their inks out and play, I don’t know what would!,!,!,
They’re both beautiful.
At least you’ve been busy crafting!

Andrea, so nice to hear DSs party was successful!
All your and your DHs hard work paid off!
I don’t remember if you said or not-
Is DS going to college?
Staying close to home or going away?

Judy, no excitement around here either!
Just yard stuff and remodel stuff ( although that has come to a crawl).
I don’t mind the non exciting life tho- I rather like it!

Danielle, very nice that you got to meet the new babies!

I need to make my youngest dgd a card before next week - she will be 10 on the 24th but we will have her bday on the 20th.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Like mentioned above, I pretty much just spend most of my time in my yard- hard work for an old lady so it takes awhile!!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to ChansGram

Thanks so much to all of you for the lovely words about my cards. I'm not sure you all know how much that means to me, but it's a LOT! Your praise and support really energizes me and makes me want to learn more and do more and do it better. I am truly grateful. Mmmmmwah!

Andrea, I hope you get some R&R soon. I'm happy for you that everything went so well. I hope you get your craft room to a useable state sometime soon so you can get your coloring fix. I want to see some more of your Kit & Clowder work, too!

Judy, you are just so darn sweet! I would love to send you all my fussy-cutting but, alas, I seem to be destined to do my own. Although, I do keep trying to come up with ways to get around it. I'll let you know if I find a viable solution for situations when I don't have a particular die but I want to heat-emboss and NOT have to fussy-cut. I know - waah, waah! But there's something percolatin' up in the attic . . . we'll see if it works out. And congratulations to your DS on her degree! That's an outstanding accomplishment! Good for her!

Trish, I hope you have fun celebrating your DGD's birthday. Show us the card you make, okay? I'd love to see it. And b/t/w . . . you are NOT an old lady!! Mature, maybe, but not old! You see, the older I get, the higher the number becomes where 'old' starts! LOL!! Some days, it still surprises me how old I am because inside my head I'm still young and agile and full of energy. Then I try to get up out of a chair quickly. Or look in the mirror. OMG! Reality bites!! Hard!!! I shouldn't complain, though - I still get around really well and I'm always running around, but it takes a lot more effort and patience than it used to. Like having to wait an extra 10 seconds after standing up, until everything settles into place, before taking that first step . . . Ah well, every day on this side of the dirt is a good one, right?

I've got a fun weekend to look forward to - Lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow, which is actually a bribe for helping her resolve some website issues she's having, then a Trivia Night with our besties at the local Men's Club and, of course, Father's Day on Sunday. I'm making a card for DH that looks kinda different and cool inside my head but may or may not turn out that way in the real world. Odds are 50-50. I'll let you know!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Claire, those cards are stunning! Such gorgeous colors and details. Ha ha ha....the older I get, the older the number that defines "old" gets higher for me, too.

Andrea, congrats on a successful BBQ. That is a LOT of cooking! That is really sweet for the family to bring DS's girlfriend presents, too.

Judy, congrats to your DD. That was very smart of her to get her degree with the upcoming changes.

Trish, I'm right there with you on the yard work. We are not doing anything spectacular, but we are plugging along trying to restore our yard to it's former glory. It's hard because I suffer from allergy headaches for a good 24+ hours after working out there. Normally this isn't an issue for me. I'm thinking of getting a face mask to work in, and hoping that it will work.

Not much going on here. Work is draining these days, and I find myself coming home with zero desire to turn on the computer. DH and I have been having evening backgammon games on the patio, and that has been very relaxing. We had a big family party last night at my BIL's. Three of my nieces, and their hubby's, are moving out of state. It's sad to see our large family get smaller and smaller as the kids move away. It was great seeing everyone.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen i am right there with you on no desire to turn on my computer. By the time i am home, cook dinner, eat and clean up its 8pm. I just want to sit on the couch for an hour or so and go to bed.

Judy congrats to your daughter. Good for her.

My son is going to the university of Idaho. It is a little over 8 hours away. He is rooming with his best friend and his gf is right across the hall. They are all pretty excited.

Its been raining here. I am still waiting for summer to start.

My dh's uncle ended up in the hospital the day of the party. He was there almost a week. so its been busy. His wife was here so we made sure she ate and got clean laundry.
I took dh and his cousin to brewfest sat. I was the dd it was his fathers day outing. on fathers day i just cooked him some favorite meals.
dd's b day is tomorrow she will be 16. I have two of my gf's dd's flying in for a few days to celebrate with her.

Hope everyone has a great week. I will try and check in more now.

Edited by andrea m on 06-18-18 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Hello there

Well it been rain here today. I am want my summer. Well my best friend come out here at the end of july21-24. My parents might try to come out around that time. My garden doing good.i have my layout of the baby’s in here. I want the weather to get good that way we can go camping up in the mountains .

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Danielle glad your garden is doing well. I am tired of all this rain too.

So for a few wed i am going to only work half a day. I am kinda excited to have a little time off. My check might not be happy lol.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Andrea & Jen, I hear you. I remember well the time when the kids were little, I was working full-time (and then some), and taking classes at night. When I got home, I didn't want to do anything but eat (hopefully what someone else had cooked), watch some mindless TV for an hour or two to let my brain veg out, and then sleep. Get up and do it all over again. I get it.

It's good that you will have some extra time off, Andrea. It will probably do you more good than the extra $$ in you paycheck.

And Jen, I know it's sad when family and friends move away. One of our Very Excellent Bestie Game Night Couples is moving far away next month (his promotion requires it) and it's really, really hard to see them go. They swear they'll be back often and we'll hardly have a chance to miss them but we all know how that goes . . .

Danielle, I hope you enjoy your bestie's visit and get to go camping in the mountains. Me, I'll just stay here and stew in my own juices. It's supposed to get to 112 today or tomorrow. Ugh.

We had a great Father's Day. Our boys took DH (and me!) to Dave and Buster's - a huge family arcade place - and we actually had a blast. I knew DH would enjoy it, playing against the boys (they're all just a bit competitive) but I really had fun, too! Then we went to a burger joint for an insanely delicious early dinner and laughed ourselves breathless. Our kids are hilarious when they're together and in a good mood. Thankfully, they were, and DH had a great Father's Day. They also got him wonderfully mushy cards, all about what a great dad he is and how much they admire, love and respect him. Doesn't get much better than that when you're a parent.

Here's the card I made for DH. Tried something new and made a lot of wrong turns, trying to achieve the image that was in my head. I had a number of boo-boos to try and fix, just to make it presentable and it fell short (by a lot) of my vision, but he appreciated it and that's what was important.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Claire i just love all the different techniques you try. I need to get braver and try more.
I did enjoy my time off. I got a lot of errands done. I even took dd to take her written drivers test. She passed. I took her to the bank to get lunch and enjoyed some time with her.
Sounds like a great fathers day for your dh.

I am working slowly on some thank you cards for ds to send out. They are very simple so i can mass produce a bunch.

My parents will be here tonight for a couple days.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, when does DS start University? How exciting to room with his buddy and be across the hall from his girlfriend. That would be a rare thing here. We have a lot of colleges to choose from and the kids get pretty split up. Yay for some time off, and I hope you enjoy your parents' visit.

If anyone is looking for Summer, it's here. Yesterday was a miserable 104. Today is a pleasant, yet almost chilly, 70.

Claire, how sad that one of your game night couples is moving! Your family Father's Day sounds wonderful.

Last weekend I started working on a card for DH. I needed something from a box I keep embellishments in specifically for cards I make for DH, and I found a card (two cards, actually) that I already made for him. I stood there looking at my pre-assembled half-baked card I was about to start, and looking at the one I already made, and then took the easy route. I put everything away and gave him the already-made card!! That was like a good 30- to 60-minute gift of time to myself.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 06-24-18 04:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

I completely forgot to mention that I was cropping with friends yesterday. I had a great time. I didn't make any cards this time, but I nearly finished 8 layouts. They'll be finished when I go back and add the journaling. While I was working, I could plainly see that my trimmer is cutting crooked. Grrrr. I've suspected it for a while, but it's gotten worse. I tried different attempts, and finally cut some paper with my friend's trimmer, and her cut perfectly. I have other trimmers, but this one needs to go!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen actually ds his friend and girlfriend all picked their rooms and what floor and building they are in. Dh took them to the open house kinda thing and they pick and pay a deposit. Ds has to be there Aug. 16th. I took the time off so we can take him and stay one night. Then we will leave and he will have the weekend to get ready for classes on the 2oth.

Yeah for finding an already made card. I rarely make dh a card or my own kids for that matter. I am sure when ds goes to college i will make him some and send care packages. Bummer on the trimmer. I hate it when that happens. I cringe when i have to buy a new trimmer.

My parents left at 3am this morning. We said good by the night before. It was a nice few days to visit. I am getting a little tired of company though. dd's friends get here wed. and will be here till sun.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 06-25-18 08:47 AM
In response to andrea m

Jen, what kind of trimmer? I have never had one of any type cut crooked.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

Don wow you are lucky or really careful with your trimmer. I have had several cut crooked after owning them awhile. tonic, fiscars, and the cuterpede which was the worst and yet everyone seemed to love them.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Good for you, Jen, finding an already-made card for DH! I love it when that happens to me (rarely). Glad you enjoyed your crop with friends.

Andrea, sounds like you had a really nice day with DD. Sometimes those kinds of ordinary, unremarkable days generate the very best memories. I hope for your sake, after DD's bday, you'll be done with company for a while. Taking DS to his college dorm will be somewhat bittersweet, won't it? Bring tissues.

And I hear you about the trimmer, Jen. I had two - neither of which cut dependably straight after a while. One was the StampinUp! (re-branded portable Fiskars, I think) and the other was an inexpensive Recollections brand from Michaels. They both got so bad that I took to using a ruler and a craft knife when a straight cut was really important. Eventually, when I got really serious about paper crafting and cardmaking, I got so frustrated with the unreliable cuts that I bit the bullet and got the big, definitely-not-portable Fiskars ProCision Rotary Bypass trimmer for my craft room. It runs about $120 but it will last a lifetime and I've never regretted the investment for a second. It works like a dream. The precision is so impeccable that I can shear off a strip of cardstock so fine that it curls! I love that thing! The only downside is that it doesn't have a handy-dandy scoring thingy like the other two. But I can live with that. I know it's not the right trimmer for everyone but if I ever need to evacuate, that bad boy is comin' with me!

Edited by cpadelford on 06-26-18 09:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Hello

Well we going camping this weekend up to the mountains hope the weather nice up there.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Andrea, that's amazing how the kids got to pick their own housing there. The colleges here do not have enough housing. We had to sign up for housing when the application for attendance was sent in for Shawna's and Stephen's college. When it came time to select roommates (many months later), they filled out long questionnaire's and were paired up with like-kind roommates. They could have put in a specific roommate request, but there were no guarantees. Scott did not have to do that ahead of time, but he did have to look for housing off-campus for his sophomore year. Only freshman were guaranteed housing. I still remember, very clearly, moving Scott into his dorm and leaving him behind as we all headed back home. As Claire said, it's very bittersweet.

Don, it was one of my Fiskars trimmers. Fiskars gave me all of the trimmers I own, except for one, which happens to be a Fiskars. Those things took a beating during my Fiskateer trainer days. I kept telling myself it was user error, but it's definitely not.

Andrea, my favorite most accurate trimmer was my cutterpede, and then I dropped it! It didn't cut right after that. I replaced it with another, but it was always a bit off. I think I even returned that second one.

Claire, I think my most accurate trimmer is my tabletop Fiskars trimmer. It's definitely not the $120 version. Fiskars was very generous giving us trainers trimmers, but not that generous, LOL! I've been eyeing an expensive table top one of another brand, and the name escapes me. I think my trimmers just get mauled with all of the crops I "travel" to.

Danielle, I hope you are having a wonderful time camping!

We are in a smoky haze out here from not-so-nearby fires. The air outside is disgusting. There was a grass fire in the next town on Friday night. It came right down to the fence lines of many homes, but there were no structure losses and only 2 injuries (firefighters). There were 4 tanker planes and a few helicopters doing drops. It was an eerie thing to see. We had to shelter in place because of the bad air quality.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen yuck on the smokey haze. We spend a lot of the summer in the same boat. I hate fire season. It is usually caused by a careless person.

Hope everyone had a great fourth. Ds had some friends over and we bbq hamburgers and hot dogs . The town puts on a fire works show and we can see it from our driveway.

DD had her friends over and i came down with a horrible chest cold. I even went to the dr. they did nothing for me. I have been coughing for two weeks.
I coughed so hard i threw my back out.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-05-18 09:10 AM
In response to andrea m

Threw your back out??? You better go get it before the garbage truck gets there.

I dislocated my knee once, took forever to find it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to don1

JCI.

Andrea, hope you’re starting to feel better.
Sounds like you had a busy 4th- or at least the kids did!

We did nothing for the holiday and I’m ok with that!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to ChansGram

hello there

well we had fun campping last weekend. I have some layouts on here. well it been hot here in the 90's. well nothing much going on here. my friend come out here july 21 but my parents are not going to be able to come. my mom still not feel great. Are garden is doing good grown.

andrea - hope you feel better

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Andrea, that's terrible! I hope you on the mend by now. That's great that you can see the fireworks show from your driveway. We can hear our town's show, but can't see it unless we head downtown. Sadly, I was in bed before the show was over this year.

Don, LOL!

Like Trish, we also had a do-nothing day for the holiday. It was marvelous. Every week should come with Wednesday off.

Danielle, that's great about your garden. We are still working away in our back yard. It's an endless job, broken up with lost minutes looking for tools that DH misplaced the last time he worked in our back yard. I'm sorry that your mom isn't feeling well.

It's hot here...about 91, I can't complain, though. Our oldest lives in Los Angeles and it was 107 yesterday. He does not have A/C. Poor guy!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

I would have been fine with a do nothing 4th. I worked all day and it was crazy. but till the kids are gone that wont happen and that is ok.

Im still sick ugg. but i am getting better.

lol Don.

Danielle glad you had fun camping.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to andrea m

Just set up Christmas in JULY if anyone is interested.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Kaylann

Good morning. It is nice and hot here. I work a half day today. My house is a disaster so i am hoping to get stuff cleaned up after work.

Any one working on any projects?

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Hi Andrea.
Hoping you’re feeling better by now?!!

I am trying to wrap up 2015.
I think I have 7 LO’s to do to finally move into 2016 !!

That’s about it for me.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to ChansGram

hello and good morning

well another hot day here. I need to think of what I am going to make for Christmas gifts hmm. but I am not work on another lately

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Andrea, define projects, LOL! I'm doing lots of projects...whipping my yard into shape, yes. Scrapping? Sadly, no. I did order pics from our vacation to bring with me to the Scrap Expo in a few weeks. I am near the end of DS's high school scrapbook, and I'm through March in 2018. I just started the grandbaby's birth album, and of course I'm always in the middle of something from hawaii. It kind of drives me nutty to have so many, but it's been handy being able to have things to bring to crops. I do not like bringing things that are near completion unless I know it will take me the entire crop to complete the project. What are you working on?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Trish sounds like you are making progress. I am still in 2011. i guess it would help if i started scrapbooking again lol.

Jen i have lots of projects as well and none of them crafty. I will be able to work on stuff come oct. I did buy a pasta machine and am learning to make home made pasta. I made lasagna on sat. Dh said it was awesome so i will take it as a win.

DD passed her drivers test and now can venture out on her own. She drove to work Friday night and i was pretty nervous. More so than when ds started driving. I think it is just because he is my baby. Now we need to get her car finished and insured so she does not need to borrow mine.

Page 62 of 62 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics