Page 61 of 63 
Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

Claire, that card is stunning. I'm sorry you actually have to use it. I think sympathy cards are the hardest for me.

This was a nice catch-up weekend for me today. Other than the family party last night, it's been very low key. I got enough chores done, paid the bills, ran errands, and tried to get more crafting in. My new printer and I had a showdown with a digital stamp (the first one I've tried to print with it). I eventually won, which is monumental considering my serious lack of tech skills.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Thanks for the kind words, Jen. And yes, sympathy cards are my least favorite ones to make, too.

I said I'd be back with my 'Get Well' card and I know, it's crazy-late but I didn't spend all this time making it - it was actually pretty quick and easy but DH and I watched several episodes of The Crown after dinner. Then, after he went off to bed (it's a school night for him ), I finished up the card. As I may have mentioned before, it's for a friend who is recovering from surgery.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cpadelford

Claire your cards are amazing. I will leave love later as i only have a few minutes on here right now.

I am exhausted we had company all weekend. My ds aunt, uncle and cousin were here as well. MIL was better behaved with other family members here.
Today is their last day here they leave in the morning. I will be cleaning like a mad women Tuesday as i work most of the day wed and then my bff comes Thursday till Monday.

My dd surprised dh and I with Easter baskets. She is almost 16 and wanted us to have one too. She bought all the stuff herself. It was so sweet. She is a kind hearted kid.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Claire, that card is beautiful.

Andrea, it's nice that your MIL was better behaved. It's a shame that others have to be there for her to behave. Very psychotic/evil. Awwww.....that is so sweet about your DD!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning everyone. My to do list today is huge. The problem is i am exhausted and do not want to do any of it.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Hi, Everyone - I have a 'free' day today - WooHoo! Except that I have a boatload of stuff to catch up on. My To-Do list is actually daunting. Can't think about all of it or I won't get *any* of it done. To be at all productive, I need to just take on one task at a time until that's finished, cross it off my list, and move on to the next. I love the crossing-off part. Silly, but it motivates me.

Jen, congratulations on winning The Battle of the Digital Stamp! That is a major victory! I know how frustrating those kinds of battles can be and how rewarding it is to win one! Back when the Earth's crust was still cooling, I started my career with the old main-frame computers and have been in that world, more or less, for my whole adult life. And I STILL have those types of battles! So, I salute you for winning this one!

Andrea, girl, I don't know how you do it. You're like the Energizer Bunny, going and going all the time. Just the amount of company you have on a regular basis would exhaust me beyond words! I hope you will have a wonderful - and relaxing! - time with your BFF for a few days and be able to regroup and recharge. And how sweet of your DD to make you and DH Easter baskets!! One of my game night buds made me one on Saturday, too. It's so nice to receive unexpected thoughtfulness, isn't it? Random Acts of Kindness - I need to remember to do more of those.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Claire hope you got a ton done on your list. I made a dent but still have a few things to do tomorrow before work. I enjoy finishing things and getting them off my list as well.

I made pizza tonight for dinner. we had extra people as usual. I dont mind to much. I am cooking anyway.

I just bought the all about animals class. I also bought this months past class that is 40% off. The pencils one is a little boy fishing. I also ordered the gift card die and pouches from my favorite things. DH surprised me with some money in my pay pal account. Now to just find time to do any of it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Claire, hahahaahaha on "back when the earth's crust was cooling." I love it!

Andrea, how sweet of your DH to surprise you with $$ in you PP account.

I had to get up at 3:45am to take DS to the airport. Can you believe we hit traffic at 4:30am?!!! It was because of road construction, but still! I didn't get home until 6am. I'm now enjoying some coffee before I shower and head to work. I also enjoyed a donut which I found necessary to stop for on the way back home.

I started my perfecting pencils class. I'm on my first coloring project. So far, it's been a blast. I cannot say that my work is anything to marvel at, though, LOL! I've been poking away at the class 10-30 minutes at a time, here and there. I should have this wrapped up by June, LOL!

On the classes...can you sign up for just one class (i.e. the current monthly class), or do you have to sign up for a monthly subscription?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen you have to sign up for a subscription to get current classes.You can then cancel it after receiving the class. that is the only way to buy just one. You do get a free class each month if you stay subscribed. Right now Alyce is offering a past class at 40% off to everyone. The pencils one is a little boy fishing on a dock. If you go to the web site. and click on shop then pencils you will see it. I bought it and it ended up being about 12 bucks for the class. You do not need a subscription for that one class. i believe she plans to re lease past classes each month in pencil and markers
with the discount.

I may not be in for a few days hope everyone has a good weekend.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, thanks for the info! I am really intrigued by this month's background class. I may sign up for it before the 15th. Have fun with your bff!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

I imagine Andrea must be having a blast with her BFF's visit.

I want to color, and I have 2 cards I want to make, but instead I'm taking advantage of DS being out of town this weekend. I pulled out his high school album and I whipped up 6 pages. Only about 20 to go!! This has been a fun project, but I'm kind of over it now, LOL! He comes back Tuesday night, so I only have today and tomorrow night.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello there

well we got 2 garden boxes up and put the dirt and the plant soil in them. now we need to work on the last one and be done with that. the weather here been weird. i wish i could take those class but i just don't have the money for it right now. i wish i had a part time job that would give me some money to buy stuff. my sister had her baby boy Thursday night. i haven't done much card make or scrapbooking.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to southern lady

Hello, JCI.

Andrea, hope you had a great time with your friend!

Danielle, congrats on your new nephew!

Jen, good luck getting the book done before DS gets back.
I don’t create well under pressure!
Had a good laugh about your description with your printer- a showdown!! Good for you for showing it who’s boss!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Hi everyone. My friend left yesterday afternoon. We had a blast and lots of laughs. Its hard to say good by.

I am exhausted. We have had company the last three weeks. Its kind of nice to have the house back to ourselves.
I did about 7 loads of laundry yesterday and have four more to go. My chores got pushed aside and i did nothing but dishes while my bff was here.

I dont see any card making or coloring happening this week. Maybe sunday i will get some time.

Jen i bought the little boy past class just so i could color the water and background. I am intimidated by back ground coloring and tend to avoid it. I really want to learn and be good at it.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

April 28th is Claires birthday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Danielle, I found lots of free coloring classes online.

Trish, I did get the book done before DS got back. Bwahahahahahahaha. Just kidding. I got a lot of pages done, but didn't finish. I ended up staying late at work, and then working at home. Booo. I actually create better under pressure. Mostly because I stop being indecisive when I'm out of time.

Andrea, I'm glad you had a great visit with your BFF. Thanks for the bday reminder! Taxes are sucking my brain dry this week.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning. I am starting to train new employees . We hired 2 and have four more interviews monday. It is a test in patients and i am always exhausted by the time i am done training all those new people.

We actually had snow yesterday. this weather is getting really old.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Wow! I can't believe it's been 10 days since I've posted anything in here. I've been so crazy-busy that I've just been running through to see what everyone's up to real quick, intending to get back in later and actually post something. But we all know where our best intentions lead us, right?

Anyway, I'm still kickin' and I have another busy day today (my craft group here at the house) but I *will* be back later to show you what I cooked up for them.

Andrea, when I read this from your post: "I actually create better under pressure. Mostly because I stop being indecisive when I'm out of time," it was a revelation! That's exactly how I am. I've always done better under pressure but never actually thought about why. That's it! No time to waffle around and procrastinate. And did I read correctly that you had SNOW yesterday? OMG!! On Wednesday the mercury was tickling 100 degrees here!! Unreal!

More later . . .

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Andrea, good luck with the trainees. I would want to hurl myself into a vat of ice cream if I was continually training newbies. I just flashbacked to a job many years ago. I had trainees with me all year long. They were part of our management training program. It was cute how they thought they knew more than I did about my own job.

Claire, I actually said that about crafting under pressure. I had never thought about it why, either, until I wrote that. I've started this new thing where I sort through papers and when I come to the first one that will work, I use it. Otherwise I'll spend hours getting together the perfect combination of papers. Of course, if I were on a design team, I would spend the hours on perfection. But I'm not, so I won't.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

I've been battling my ATG again. Every single roll in the box is defective, some more so than others. At least I know the drill now. When I see it not work, I just pull everything off, make a cut, and re-thread. The other night I was happily creating when it gummed up again. I didn't have time to fix it and continue, so I just set it down and walked away. Grrr.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Danielle, I found lots of free coloring classes online.

Trish, I did get the book done before DS got back. Bwahahahahahahaha. Just kidding. I got a lot of pages done, but didn't finish. I ended up staying late at work, and then working at home. Booo. I actually create better under pressure. Mostly because I stop being indecisive when I'm out of time.

Andrea, I'm glad you had a great visit with your BFF. Thanks for the bday reminder! Taxes are sucking my brain dry this week.

where at?

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Sorry, Jen, that I mixed up your post with Andrea's for the 'Aha! moment' that you gave me. Did I mention that I've been crazy-busy? Well, just scratch the latter and go with the former. Totally cray-cray!

And just so you know, I will throw myself into a vat of ice cream right alongside you, any time, Girlfriend. I'm nothing if not supportive . . . especially when there's some Chunky Monkey involved. And, have you considered ditching that ATG? Creating should be fun, not frustrating.

You have my sympathies on the tax stuff, Jen. I can't begin to imagine. Good luck getting through to mid-week, when the worst should be over, right? Or is the worst the panicked late-filers? Either way, I wish you well.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Andrea, I'm so glad you had a lovely visit with your BFF. AND that you had the fortitude to forego the housework in favor of the fun. Good for you! You obviously have your priorities in the correct order (at least, according to the Book of Claire)! Then again, my priorities are sometimes different from the average bear's. For instance, people often tell me I'm crazy because I stay up really late on occasion to work on my projects. I just show them a fancy little sign I have on my desk that says, "No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep."
Hah!

Oh, and good luck with the trainees. It does take lots of patience because you not only have to explain everything to them and supervise their progress, but you still have to do your own work, besides. I can't tell you how grateful I am every day, to wake up and remember that I'm retired. *~happy dance~*

Danielle - Congratulations on your new baby nephew! Have you seen him in person yet? How's your sister doing? Try this site: https://www.thoughtco.com/learn-colored-pencil- techniques-1122930 for a free lesson in coloring with pencils.

Trish - Just Hi! What are you up to these days?

Judy - Where are you? Did you ever pick up that pencil? Inquiring minds want to know.

Don - Are you staying out of trouble? How's The Queen doing? Has she recovered from her injury?

Okay, that's all for now. I hope to hear from you guys, sooner rather than later! I'm going to post my cards from yesterday's craft group and then I'll be back to share.

Take care!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Here's the first card. I'll be back later with the other one, which is much more dramatic. If you have a minute, check out the description of this one in my gallery - it's a great technique that can be used for lots of shapes.

Edited by cpadelford on 04-14-18 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 04-14-18 10:15 PM

The Queen has cleared rehab and has a Dr. apt on Thursday.
Tonight she managed to wield her knife to cut into a filet mignon at Outback in celebration of her birth.
Last night we went to Shari's and I bought her a Birthday Pie. It was a caramel pecan something. Tasty.
She's good to go now.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

Danielle, I found a lot on You Tube. Someone here recommended Sandy Allnock, and I like her videos.

Claire, another beautiful card!! LOL on cray cray. Crazy busy leads to cray cray, that's for sure. You will be delighted to know that I am considering ditching the ATG. I ordered the 3L dispenser this morning on sb.c, along with an album. Fingers crossed that both work. Thanks on the tax wishes. I prepare returns year-round for our the company I work for, as well as for any subsidiaries, the owners, their kids, and all their trusts. The workload won't lessen much with 04/17, but the deadline will have passed. Anything not filed is being extended. Unfortunately, we can't "extend" any payments.

Don, yay for a mended Queen. Happy Birthday to her!

I actually got in some crafting yesterday! Two cards, which I'll share after the 28th, he he he, and some more pages for DS's album. I have chores to deal with today, but I will be to craft in the afternoon.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 04-15-18 09:51 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

Just when I ran out of things to do ... I get a roof leak in my studio.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• cpadelford Said:
Andrea, I'm so glad you had a lovely visit with your BFF. AND that you had the fortitude to forego the housework in favor of the fun. Good for you! You obviously have your priorities in the correct order (at least, according to the Book of Claire)! Then again, my priorities are sometimes different from the average bear's. For instance, people often tell me I'm crazy because I stay up really late on occasion to work on my projects. I just show them a fancy little sign I have on my desk that says, "No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep."
Hah!

Oh, and good luck with the trainees. It does take lots of patience because you not only have to explain everything to them and supervise their progress, but you still have to do your own work, besides. I can't tell you how grateful I am every day, to wake up and remember that I'm retired. *~happy dance~*

Danielle - Congratulations on your new baby nephew! Have you seen him in person yet? How's your sister doing? Try this site: https://www.thoughtco.com/learn-colored-pencil- techniques-1122930 for a free lesson in coloring with pencils.

Trish - Just Hi! What are you up to these days?

Judy - Where are you? Did you ever pick up that pencil? Inquiring minds want to know.

Don - Are you staying out of trouble? How's The Queen doing? Has she recovered from her injury?

Okay, that's all for now. I hope to hear from you guys, sooner rather than later! I'm going to post my cards from yesterday's craft group and then I'll be back to share.

Take care!

i can't go to that site

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Claire how fun to have a crafting group. I just love your butterflies. I can understand busy. I have been going none stop.

Don i bet the queen is so happy to be able to get back to life as she knows it.

Jen ugg on taxes i feel for you every year. Sorry about your atg. I love mine and would hate to be with out it. It is really probably the discount tape that is the problem. I hope the new tape gun works better for you.

I could never be on a design team . I hate time lines it makes me go into a creative funk. I just
sold a set of cards to my mom. she buys them as gifts. and i realized i need a break from that. I just want to create for me and enjoy coloring right now. I am sure i will go back to selling at some point.

I am so in love with this months pencil class. It is perfect for me.

Danielle i learned a ton from you tube videos. They are not the same as a paid for class. You will never learn as much or get the techniques you get in a class. They are a great way to get started and find out what medium of coloring you prefer. I just searched you tube till i found interesting videos.

Hi trish
Hi Judy

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Well, I'm finally back with the second card. Let me tell you, it is ridiculously difficult to capture a decent image of a card with lots of reflective material on it. Sheesh!

I think I finally managed to get a photo that does it justice, so here it is. It's not an easy card to make, by any means, but I think the end result justifies the time and effort involved.

There is some background on the original design in my gallery post and, if anyone here would like to have a go at making a similar card, I will gladly share the links to a couple of YouTube videos that demonstrate the whole process. And, if you're interested, I'll share all of the materials I used as well. Just send me a Private Message.

Back later . . .

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 04-17-18 06:13 PM

Polarizing lens may cut the glare. I don't know if you could use one hand held in front of a cell phone. I used to shoot photos of my koi in the pond.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to don1

What a great idea, Don! Hadn't thought of that. Maybe I could rig up a little stand for the lens and situate the card so I could shoot through it. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the idea.

B/t/w, congratulations to The Queen on graduating from rehab. Hopefully, she'll regain full use of her wrist with no lingering after-effects. And it sounds like she had a fabulous birthday meal. That caramel-pecan-something pie sounds totally outrageous!

Sorry to hear about the roof leak in your studio. Did any of your stuff get ruined?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Don like claire said. I hope nothing was ruined with the roof leaking.

Claire i love how you are always trying new techniques. Your cards are beautiful.

I sat down to color yesterday and nothing was working for me.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 04-18-18 02:08 PM
In response to andrea m

I have been watching the tubers showing how to make an Impossible Card. Different measures for different size cards. Each says to measure exactly in the middle and exactly from each end, and score in the exact middle.

My Dear Gentle Peep's, don't listen to them. Once you see the method, do your own thing. It doesn't matter the size of paper you start with, you don't need center, sides don't need to be the same, the cuts can be crooked or wavy (deco scissors) ... there are no rules here. Give it a shot, it's just paper.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to don1

JCI.

Love the cards Claire, you do such beautiful work!

I have been real busy with outside work.
Last years summer was mostly just trying to make the yard look clean and somewhat like, well, a yard.
This summer I am trying to make things pretty- lol.
So lots of digging and hauling dirt, bricks, plants, etc.
Lots of runs to Home Depot and the nursery for plants and trees.

Very little crafting.

I hope everyone is doing well!

( Don, I did read about your leak in the other thread- so sorry)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

I'm also here, but I've been busy scanning and organizing photos. I've decided to change my organizing into categories instead of by dates. I won't live long enough to get it all done, but at least I can have fun working on it. :>) (That's not being maudlin. It's just a fact. Old Methuselah probably couldn't have gotten it all done in his 969 years of life, so what chance do I have? Oh, but I guess he didn't have a computer or scanner. :>) Or pictures! Yep, I've been working at this way too long and it's messing with my brain.)

I still have to download the current month of coloring classes. It's so nice that I've started a new collection...classes that I'll probably never watch, but at least they don't take up much space or have to be dusted. :>)

Claire—I love your cards. I'm actually kind of working on one for a friend who donated a kidney. I mean, it's not the type of card you can give just anyone. :>) But I'm doing it on the computer, not with inks and pencils.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to mrsdriver5

Judy i totally get it. I used to scrapbook in order by year, month and date. I finally stopped because it was not inspiring. I know i will never be caught up and some day i will have grand babies and a whole new reason to scrapbook. I started just working on whatever inspired me. If i see a picture and have an idea that is what gets done. I find i enjoy things a lot more. My problem now is i still have not bought a new printer and the one i have will not print my pictures very well. I hope to get a new one before national scrapbook day.

Trish it sounds like a big project you have going. I bet it will be beautiful when you are done. Our weather has been horrible so no outside work yet. We have to re build our deck and the goal is before June. So dh wont have much time.

Hi everyone else.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Andrea, that’s a tall order if it’s to be done by June!
That’s a lot of hard work.
But I know your DH is very handy!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

Don, oh no!! I hope the damage was minimal and that you are good to go. Wise words on doing your own thing. I live by that myself and it makes me happy.

Claire, love that card! Yep....shiny stuff is hard to capture.

Andrea, the ATG tape I am (attempting to) use is Scotch Gold! I'm so disappointed in the Scotch brand.

Trish, bless you on the yard work. I simply detest yardwork. We worked hard for a beautiful yard, but 2 droughts have made things look very unkempt and somewhat dead.

Judy, that would be an interesting card to make. That is quite a gift your friend made.

I survived Tax Day, and then my assistant turned in his notice today. One step forward, 15 back. sigh. He is moving back to China to get married. I'm happy for him, but sad for me. A year of training.... *poof*

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello there

i haven't made cards in awhile. well i been work on my garden boxes they are all done just have to put dirt in the last one and then i am put garden soil in them and be done and ready to plant stuff in them.

luvmyfam- i know about the droughts. my parents in California and it is hard on them water all the fruit trees that they have.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen so sorry about your assistant. I know how happy you were to get one.
Wow i usually have good luck with the scotch gold. I just cant afford it any more. I wonder if they changed how they make it in the last few years.

Trish dh's cousin is going to help him with the deck. Hopefully that makes it a little easier.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, this box I have might be old, but no more than 18 months. I thought maybe the adhesive was aged, but I went online and people are currently having the same problems.

I plan to scrap today. The outside weather is beautiful and calling my name, though.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Well, happy Sunday, everyone! I hope you're all doing well and having a lovely weekend. DH is off playing golf, with my blessing. Not because I wanted to get rid of him or anything, LOL. It's just that he has a really stressful job and can always use a beautiful day on the golf course. And today is absolutely gorgeous here. Lot of sunshine, low 70s, gentle breezes . . . What's not to love? These are the days we remember why we want to live here. Those hundred-degree temps will be here soon enough.

Cleaning up my workroom/office and the catch-all guest room are my projects for today. But, before I dig into all that, I'm enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee and catching up with you guys.

In case I missed anyone, thank you for all your kind comments about my recent cards. I hope you know how much I appreciate all your words of encouragement and the time you take to post them. They definitely motivate me to do more and better.

Don, I didn't know what an 'Impossible Card' was so I went and checked it out. Pretty clever! Thanks for the advice.

Andrea, I felt badly for you when you said nothing worked out on the day you finally had some time to craft. I know the feeling and I just hate that. Hope next time goes better. We haven't seen any of your cute cards in a while.

Judy, that is quite a project you've taken on, organizing those photos. Good luck with that. And just FYI, before handmade cards was even a thing, I used to make them all the time for my immediate family. And I did them all on the computer! I'm sure your friend will appreciate all the time and effort you put into making his/her card, regardless of what process you used.

Trish, good luck with your plantings. Hope we'll get to see pics of all your lovely flowers when you're done. Don't forget the sunscreen out there!

Danielle, your new baby nephew is adorable!! What a cutie! Hope you found some coloring lessons online.

Jen, what a bummer about your assistant. I know how frustrating it is to invest so much time and effort into training someone and then suddenly they're gone and you're back to square one, Been there. Done that.

Coffee's cold now, going for a warm-up and, as long as I'm up, I might as well get started on that To-Do list.

Later . . .

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Claire, I'm not sure I could deal with your high temps! We hit triple digits throughout the summer here, and I just want to die on some of those days. Thank goodness for a/c.

I knocked out 2 layouts this weekend, and finished up a couple other things. The weather here is beautiful, although I haven't done a whole lot outside. Instead, I took a nap with the cat yesterday.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Hi everyone. It has been crazy busy here.

Dh and i got everything ordered for our new deck. We bought a new sliding glass door as well. It should be delivered on the third.

DD fell and badly sprained her ankle. We thought she might have broke it. Thank goodness she did not. She is on crutches for a week.

I am back to working 5 days a week and this week i am training every day as well as working late.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I am off to a dr. app.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Andrea, it’s that time of the year again- darn it.
More work than play but good for crafting money!!
Can’t wait to see your new deck and door.

Jen, don’t you just hate when you spend all that time training and then they’re gone?!
Hope you find a good replacement.

I think I am done with yard stuff for the year.
Although my neighbor did mentioned putting in some brick edging along the front and I will of coarse help because we share the space in the front ( our yards look like one yard) .
But other than that, for the most part, I am DONE!!
I really didn’t plant flowers- it’s more trees, bushes.
I did plant one rose bush tho.
It was dealing with rock and brick ( for edging) that was the killer! I’m too old for this now- or maybe not too old just not in good shape.
When we bought this place is was not well taken care of at all- inside or out. So it is a process.
Last year I/ we just tidied up so it didn’t look unkempt.
This year was putting in a few things to make it look nicer.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to ChansGram

well we are all done with my garden boxes. now i am put all my plants in them all of my veg . now i am try to put all the rocks back and level the ground. now i need to plant some flowers in the front yard but that will have to Waite until i come back form my little vacation. i am going to go see my nephew for the first time .

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Judy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a lovely day. Any special plans?

Danielle, congratulations on getting your garden boxes finished, And enjoy your visit with your adorable new nephew!

Trish, thank you! I got a very nice surprise today when I received your beautiful birthday card. I just love it! Did you color those flowers yourself? Great job if you did! And, aside from how pretty your card is, I was truly impressed with the workmanship. Every detail is so perfect! You have to tell me how you do that. I can't seem to line anything up truly straight on my cards. I am aware of this shortcoming so I try harder and *still* don't get it right. Not even the stamp on the envelope! Anyway, you've got it down to a science and it just adds to my appreciation. Thank you so much!

Jen, what they say is true . . . you do get used to the ridiculous temps here in the desert. At least somewhat. I can take anything in stride and live my normal, busy life, up to about 105 degrees. I feel every degree over that, though, and slow down some, but anything over 110 and it's a no-go (anywhere) day! Good for you on your 'cat nap!' LOL!! I love naps, take 'em regularly (I don't get more than 4-5 hours a night, normally), and consider naps one of the greatest luxuries of retirement.

Andrea, hope your DD's ankle heals quickly. My dad used to call me 'Hopalong' when I was a kid because I sprained my ankle so often. I was a bit of a tomboy, always climbing and jumping and pushing the envelope on anything I saw as a limitation. But, back then, I was invincible. Weren't we all? Thankfully, most kids are very resilient and recover quickly from their misadventures. Your work schedule sounds exhausting. Makes me want a nap!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Claire Trish is amazing with her cards. She does so much with dies and layers. I am always in awe.

Trish i know how much work you did inside your home. The pictures were just beautiful. I am sure the outside looks just as amazing. I like bushes and shrubs as they are low maintenance and do not need replanted every year. Our front yard is mainly shrubs.

Danielle enjoy your new garden boxes.

DD is not a fan of the crutches and is struggling to use them. School is hard because her school is huge. Her ankle already looks much better from not walking on it.

Ds has senior prom this weekend. He has to pick up his tux friday. I am excited to get pictures. He is not really into school dances. I can not believe what a tux rental costs now.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Andrea,
I can image the crutches would be a pain trying to get around school. Hopefully she’ll be done with them soon!

My DSs senior prom was in 1998 and his tux was about $80.
What are they running now?
I hope your DS enjoys himself!
My DS wasn’t really into it all either but went every year!
Probably cause he always had a girlfriend and girls always seem to want to go to those things!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

Trish ds's tux is $130 to rent with a coupon. $70 for prom tickets. He has to drive 75 miles to pick it up and to return it. The corsage is $35.00. We can get a tux in the next town over but they are a lot more to rent. Here you can only attend if you are a senior or the date of a senior.

My prom was in 1998 as well and tuxes were about $60. Most of the guys wore slacks and a nice shirt as we lived in a very small town and it was just not feasible to get a tux. Most of us had been to prom 4 times at that point so it had lost a lot of its glamour lol.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Andrea, that adds up real quick, doesn’t it?!!!
Hopefully he’ll enjoy it!
Around here it is very popular to rent a limo for senior prom. Thankfully that is a shared expense as it’s usually 4 or 5 couples.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ChansGram

trish no limo for him. Some kids might be doing it . I am not willing to pay for that and he did not ask thank goodness.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Andrea, thank you so much for the beautiful, hand-colored birthday card. Awesome blue flowers and what a pretty background! Did you use a spray mist to get that shimmer? Whatever you did, it looks great.

Jen, I love your card! How did you know that chocolate is my favorite cake?? Great layers, too. The card, not the cake! It makes me want to take the card apart to see more of what's underneath, esp the layer with the silvery 'threads.' That one is so cool!

Anyway, many thanks to both of you and to Trish, for making me feel special on my birthday. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into the cards you sent me. They are all proudly displayed on my mantle! I'm really glad I joined the birthday card exchange so I could get to see some of your work first-hand.

Gotta run. Out to dinner with The Hubs and two other couples tonight (our besties that we do game night with) and then back here for my annual birthday treat. . . DH's homemade lemon meringue pie! He actually made three - count 'em - three pies. One for me - oops, I meant *US* of course! - and one for each of our two bestie couples. Why does he make THEM pies for MY birthday? Just to get them to stop begging! LOL!! His lemon meringue pie is legendary in these parts. It would have to be to get me to ask for that instead of chocolate cake for my birthday!

Okay, I'll be back tomorrow with the birthday extravaganza update. Until then . . . Have a great weekend, peeps!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Happy birthday, Claire! I hope to get back for a chat later, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss your BIG DAY! Mmm...lemon meringue pie or chocolate cake? That would be a tough decision for me! Have a great time of celebrating!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Trish, I cannot even fathom being almost done with yard work for the year! I wish I was! We haven't even started yet.

Danielle, have fun visiting your new nephew.

Judy, I have a coworker who says that anything over 95 degrees is unnecessary, LOL!

Andrea, ouch on DD's ankle!

Claire, I'm glad you enjoyed the card! Somehow I just knew you liked chocolate, LOL! I wanted to get all fancy and stretch my limits because the cards I see here on this thread are amazing. In the end, I made the kind that I normally make. It's more "me." Wow.....you lucky girl to have a hubby that can make a legendary lemon meringue pie! I'm a chocolate fan myself, but lemon is my next choice. I'm learning the values of vanilla, though, as chocolate has begun to give me heartburn these days. Booo.

Judy, was it your birthday also? Happy Belated Birthday!

Prom is ridiculously expensive. A school one district over did away with allowing kids to drive themselves to the prom or rent limos. They provide a nice bus and the cost is covered with the prom ticket. My DD went to prom every year (as guest some years), plus she had a boyfriend at a different school. She was an expensive, but popular, child.

I spend yesterday cropping with friends. We had an awesome time, laughing all day and being very productive. Sadly, today I have to get back to reality. Lots of chores and errands.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

My card for Claire. My BFF from high school had her birthday just 2 days prior, so I made the 2 together.

Birthday Cards By Luvmyfam

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Luvmyfam

Well, I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Woke up on my BD to a bouquet of gorgeous white roses, along with a lovely, mushy card and one of those small black boxes with pretty, sparkly things inside (Oooooh!). Then out to dinner with our besties on Saturday night, then all of us back here for THE PIE (it was TDF!!). Then my DS (x2) + DIL took me and The Hubs out to a *fabulous* brunch and The Hubs took me shopping for clothes for an upcoming trip on the way home. He doesn't love clothes shopping with me but he's very patient and almost always surprises me by finding something I really like while I'm looking at all the other non-starters.

All in all, I had a great birthday extravaganza! On top of all that, I got beautiful cards and birthday wishes from my SC-dot-com girlfriends! I am one lucky and grateful woman!

Judy, thank you for making a special trip in here to wish me a happy BD! That was very sweet. I've missed you lately and hope you can drop by again sometime soon. Did you see my post for your BD on the 25th? I couldn't let the day go by without a little BD cheer!

Jen, I love that card! I'm sure your HS friend did, too. B/T/W, for anyone else, mine was the one on the left, with the *chocolate* frosting! YUMMERS! I hear you about the heartburn, Jen. EVERYTHING gives me heartburn these days. But, for me, really good chocolate is worth it. Besides, that's what Zantac is for! Glad you had a great time cropping with your GFs. It's good to laugh!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Judy i must have missed it was your b day. Happy birthday. I hope it was a good one.

Claire it sounds like everyone made you day extra special. Happy birthday.

I am glad you liked my card. I have to admit it is stressful to make cards for such talented people as we have in this group. The background is made with lyndys magicals powders. I have had them forever and love to make backgrounds with them. i just flick the powder on and spray with water. I think they are a lot like the ken oliver color burst powders. Lyndys has been around a long time making powders and sprays.

Prom seemed to be a hit. Ds is not a real talker about stuff. They had a whole casino set up for the kids to play and win raffle tickets.

We went camping Friday night with family. It was beautiful weather for it and a lot of fun.

Jen i am jealous of your crop with friends. Glad you had a great time.

Hi Don, Trish. and Danielle,

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

I need to print a digital stamp for a b day card and get coloring. I swore i would not get behind this year. And here i sit in a rush to get stuff done.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Claire, your birthday sounds wonderful!! I recently I was completely losing the heartburn battle. Zantac wasn't cutting it, and long term tummy meds cause other issues. Sigh. But then I switched my morning vitamins to evening at dinner. Viola! It worked. Heartburn is still an issue, but not 24/7. Knock on wood it stays this way for a while.

Andrea, it's impossible digging info about Prom out of boys!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Judy, happy birthday! Belated.

Jen, a scrap day with friends, how perfect!
I used to have that every week but no more.
Although the friend that I used to do that with, who moved, is in town today and we are going to lunch!

Claire, you had a wonderful bday!
Very nice!

Andrea, glad your DS had a good time.
Money well spent then!

Glad you had fun camping.
That seems to be a popular activity-lol!
But not for me!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to ChansGram

Andrea, as they say, "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." And the more you have on your plate, the more that can mess up your schedule. So, don't berate yourself for getting behind. You're in good company. (Like maybe most of the rest of the world?) The best thing you can do is enjoy the moments you're able to get to. So, take a deep breath and have fun coloring the bday card.

As for camping, nuh-unh. Not for me. I have never understood why anyone would want to go out into The Wild and deal with all the issues that man-and-womankind have struggled for centuries to overcome. You have to do all the same chores and things you do at home, except they're harder, take longer and are more uncomfortable. I'll pass, thanks. My idea of relaxation is a great hotel where I don't have any chores to do and everything else is at least as comfortable as it is at home. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, even more so. Plus, somebody else makes my bed every day. And brings me wine. And makes me delicious food. And cleans up after. Then I can go stomping around out in The Wild and come back to a nice hot shower, fluffy towels and a soft, warm bed. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!! Now, that's what I call fun!

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with heartburn but glad you figured out a work-around, at least. Good thinking on changing the vitamin schedule!

Trish, I love your new profile pic! What a cutie!

Hi to Judy, Don, Danielle, and anyone else I may have missed.

I will be AWOL for a few days. I'll catch up with all of you when I'm back. Take care and be well.

(((Hugs)))

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Under the blog tab up top- there is a thread that was started for NSD info.
Andrea, your winning LO from last year is featured there!
Just thought I’d share that!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Claire, me too- no camping- I don’t like to be dirty!

I’ve had people say about renting places on vacation where there is a kitchen, so you can cook and save money from not eating out.
All I can say is - oh.....heck......NO.
1. I don’t want to “cook” while on vacation- I don’t mind throwing a bagel in a toaster or such- but cooking?
And 2. If I can’t afford to eat out while on vacation then I don’t belong on vacation cause clearly a vacation wasn’t in my budget!!!

Thankfully, there’s something for everyone!,!

Claire, that pic is my grandpup and I think she’s pretty darn cute too!
She is very, very spoiled.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-02-18 04:15 PM
In response to ChansGram

Camping? If they don't have a Best Western, I'm not going.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

Dh and i have a deal. I dont cook when camping. He does it. I make some stuff at home ahead of time. He does everything else. We have a small pop up tent trailer. I dont do tents anymore. Some day we will own a bigger nicer trailer.

Trish thanks for the heads up on my lo. I will have to check it out.
your grandpup is adorable.

All our deck stuff is supposed to be delivered today

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-03-18 09:47 PM
In response to andrea m

Before you buy a bigger nicer trailer consider;
1 How much time you will use it in a year.
2 How much you pay for it.
3 Insurance and license fees costs
4 The cost and wear and tear on the towing vehicle
5 The above costs compared to renting an RV for a week or two.
We had a 36' motor home. We opted for moderately priced motel rooms, for all the traveling we do.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to don1

hello

Claire, your birthday sounds wonderful!!

well the weather here been nice. i can't Waite until gets nice that way we can go up to the mountains and start camping up there and we have more room taken stuff seen we be take the truck now. i want to buy a camper like a pop up one. we have to Waite for awhile before we ever get one.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I don't know what happens to my time anymore. I'm not here on sb, but looking around at what I've accomplished, it appears I haven't been anywhere lately. :>)

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yep, another year older on April 25th. For those complaining about this year's weather, I was born during a Denver blizzard. :>) Our youngest daughter's birthday was April 15th, so everyone was over on the Sunday afternoon between our two Big Days for a birthday combo-bash. Even though we were celebrating her birthday, Tammy wanted to bring all the food. She loves to cook, so she brought everything for salad and pizza make-your-own-bars. She made homemade pizza dough for us to play with. I tried to make my pizza into a map of the U.S., but New England and Florida kept scrunching up and ruining it, so by the time I got to Texas I finally decided to go with a blob-shaped pizza.

She also made sourdough bread rolls for dipping, plus bruschetta for appetizers. It was her first time making a starter yeast mix. And she made the pizza sauce from scratch. Did I mention that she likes to cook? She had all kinds of toppings/salad fixings—pepperoni, sausage, shredded chicken, several types of cheese, two kinds of olives, onions, minced garlic, peppers, tomatoes, several kinds of lettuce and peppers, pineapple and lots more. She made her pizza with sliced fresh pears, spinach, and some kind of white cheese. I went with traditional, but hers did look yummy.

She randomly opened her bundt cake cookbook and made a banana cake with a cream cheese-filled tunnel...and found birthday candles at Michaels that had the flame burn the same color as the candle. Pretty neat. :>)

We supplied the ice cream, salad dressings, BBQ sauce for a pizza topping choice, and assorted dips and Hershey Kisses. :>) None of ours was homemade. I gave my culinary skills to Tammy and forgot to keep any for myself. lol

As far as camping...we used to love tent camping. Yep, on the ground in sleeping bags. I'd still love to do it, but my body is a bit uncooperative anymore. I can barely walk...probably as a result of sleeping on the ground. lol I loved tents that we could open the top and look at the stars, although it helps to check the forecast first since it's a rude awakening when there is a sudden downpour in the middle of the night...or snow, which we've also had happen. I've camped in every state except Hawaii and most of the Canadian provinces. Those are all some of my very favorite memories.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I forgot to mention that Hubby ordered the other set of 72 Copic Ciao markers to complete my set of 180. Other Copic lines have a couple hundred more colors, but I should be able to find colors I like with what I'll have. :>) I guess I should get busy and color something, right?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Danielle, your camping trips into the Idaho mountains always sound like so much fun. I'm envious. :>) My aunt and uncle used to live in Kuna, near Boise, and they loved taking their trailer up into the mountains. I'm envious of your garden boxes also. Maybe someday we'll get gardens growing again, but I want all the indoor projects finished first. I've been waiting...not patiently...but waiting....

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

We loved camping when our kids were little. Our tent trailer eventually wore out our Jeep. Currently we don't even have a hitch, and coincidentally, we with the kids gone, we have $$ for a hotel. Now we just need to sell the trailer.

One year DH and I drove a giant loop from our spot in CA, up to OR, and then to WA and back home. We only stayed at Best Westerns. We called it our Great Best Western Tour. We earned 2 free nights that we later used for a stay at a BW in an otherwise expensive town. Score!

Judy, a person can never have too many copics!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Judy wow that sounds like quite the meal. I can tell she likes to cook.
Wow on the markers. I want to get some more but i need to get a new printer first. Every time i plan to buy one something comes up and i have to put that purchase to the side. It will happen this summer though.

Don we do not camp where there are hotels of any kind. My husband loves the outdoors and to be in the middle of no where. he will use it for dirt bike trips/ races and hunting as well. It would not be a huge trailer and it wont happen for awhile. We bought our pop up for $600 and re did a lot of it. We are cheap and never buy brand new.

Are you guys doing national scrapbook day today? I usually do but i have no printer for pictures this year. I might work on a b day card today.

Jen Dh and i plan to take trips like that when the kids are gone. Yours always sound fun.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Happy NSD! I have a card to work on, and some other things. Mostly, though, I will be doing chores and errands. DS1 is visiting this weekend and we are meeting THE girlfriend!

Andrea, DH's involuntary job switch from AT&T to whatevercompany has left us with just 5 days off together during the year. I really miss our fun trips!! We usually take the 5 days and head over to Hawaii, which of course is fun, but those quick weekday/weekend trips were like icing on the cake.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Luvmyfam

My hubs was in construction, which means "no work, no pay"...not even holidays were paid. Supposedly they were because money was taken out of each paycheck and put into a holiday/vacation fund and that was disbursed the first of July and December. However, since there were so many no-work days because of weather, scheduling, or just no work, that money went towards basic survival. It might not be that way everywhere, but in SoCal, construction is not a job for depending on a steady paycheck. Even if there was extra money in the pocket, workers didn't dare take a day off, let alone a week or two. Hubs lost a couple of jobs for calling in sick...once he was calling from the ER with a kidney stone. However, there was no work on Thanksgiving or the day after and bosses were usually in a good mood that week and hubs could sometimes take that week off. No pay, but at least usually had a job to go back to. We'd leave on Friday night and get home late on Sunday the following weekend...and a couple of times early on Monday morning, just in time for him to leave for work. :>) A few springs he'd come home and say there wouldn't be work for a week and within two hours we'd have the car serviced, I'd get packed, throw things in the car, and we'd head out, usually to Texas to see the wildflowers in bloom. One year the 4th of July fell right, giving us a 4-day weekend. That gave us time to drive up the coast to Seattle and visit the Olympic Peninsula. And that's how our little '95 Kia got almost 450,000 miles on it in about eight years. :>)

I'm glad we traveled when we could, because now my assorted body parts don't move too well. I doubt that I could get off the ground if I slept in my comfy sleeping bag, but I can't get into the high beds that motels have switched to. Ah, the joys of getting old. At least so far my "memory bank" still works. :>)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Judy wow that sounds like quite the meal. I can tell she likes to cook.
Wow on the markers.

Tammy likes to cook and we like to eat, so it works out perfectly. :>) She usually eats healthy and stays away from bread and desserts...but loves to bake them, so she's always happy to make stuff for our get-togethers and it gives her a chance to have a nibble of goodies without having them around to lure her.

So...do I need more than 180 Copics? :>) I'm still watching for the Prisma pencil set of 150 to go on sale again. That will be something else to add to my growing collection of Unused Crafty Items.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I made this flip-it card for one of the NSD challenges. My plan is to make a Mother's Day card each year for my DD, and number them and include a current pic of her daughter. It's amazing to see how much DGD changed between this time last year and now!

Happy Mom's Day #2 By Luvmyfam

Edited by Luvmyfam on 05-05-18 04:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Judy, I work in the construction industry and have the luxury of being indoors with admin work, so no worries about unpaid time for me. If anything, we are so busy (in N. CA and WA) that I can't catch a break except for Sat/Sun. We are currently struggling to get enough field workers, so you know those guys are working 24/7, and I really mean 24/7! Road construction takes place mostly overnight, and some of our large projects have such tight deadlines that weekends and holidays are necessary. I've seen guys on the job on Christmas!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Luvmyfam

Man, I wish it had been that way back when hubby was working. He'd be on the out-of-work list for weeks and spend a fortune on gas, driving around checking on jobs.

However, after the Northridge earthquake, he worked 12 to 15 hours/7 days a week getting a major Los Angeles bridge rebuilt...the Santa Monica, it seems like. It was completed way ahead of schedule and the company got a huge bonus. The workers each got an extra $100. Trust me...the company had a whole lot left over for themselves! The company and Uncle Sam made out like bandits. The workers got some extra $$, but not sure it was worth how hard they worked.

I'm convinced that the only people who should work construction in the field are singles. It's not a life for a family to try to work around...but we did it. :>) Hubs would disagree with me...he loved the work, but I was the one paying the bills and trying to figure out how to have family time.

Yep, retirement is better.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Judy, my DH and I are in awe of how fast S CA rebuilt after the Northridge quake. It took us decades to rebuild after Loma Prieta. My father was in construction and sometimes he would take me to the job sites. I had a blast in those trailers! Us kids were also the guinea pigs for the playgrounds the workers built (he worked for the city & co of San Fran). We would play on the equipment while people with clipboards came around asking us questions. Through me they learned that the holes on the Jacob's ladder needed to be small enough NOT to let a 2nd grader fall through the holes, LOL. We discovered lots of loose bolts, sharp edges, and swings hung too close together. Fun times.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen how does your dh not get vacation time? My dh works for centurylink and he gets vacation time. Or did i read that wrong.

I spent the weekend cleaning. and trying to get this house in order.

One of my bff's dhs is in construction and most of his jobs until recently were like Judy said. He went to work for a new outfit a couple years ago and finally gets some vacation. He is a project manager though. The people under him may not.

Judy wow on 180 markers, I wish. I am sure its enough but if you are like me i always think i need them all.

Edited by andrea m on 05-07-18 07:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

Made this card for my neighbors birthday tomorrow.
Happy birthday card By ChansGram

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Scrolling back to read up on what I missed.
Then I see Jen made a flip card too.
I've been watching youtube vid's the last few days on these.

Andrea, did you get your deck started?

Jen, how'd you like THE girlfriend??

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

Jen...how fun to be the guinea pigs, or I mean testers, for the playgrounds. :>) You kids should have formed your own little union and demanded payment for your playground testing. lol

Hubs was working on exterior trim/siding on some houses and took our son who was around 10 or 11 to work with him sometimes. Jeff had fun pounding nails in scrap wood and wandering around, but hubs taught him how to hang some of the trim. Hubs would cut and Jeff would nail it up. When I drive by those houses I wonder what people would think if they knew some of their house was built by a pre-teen. :>)

Trish, I'm betting your neighbor loves her card! Yay that she's your neighbor and you don't have to try to send it through the mail. You and Jen both made great cards!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hey there

i sent my mom and mothers day card. well are garden come along. we have some corn come up . you can see little green steams come up. i wish i could buy some nice water color pens but i just can't right now. we been in the 70's here and can't waite for camping season to go camping. we like to go up to the mountains where there water for the dogs seen they love play in the water. i am want to make cards but i just have to many right now in a box full of cards i made. i want to use all of them before i make more cards.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Good morning.

Trish home depot messed up our delivery. After not being my friendly normal self to them i got a $411 credit. They were supposed to deliver this morning but i got a call yesterday saying they were missing some stuff. I then was told my new door was not there. I was not happy. Why did they not tell me my door was missing last week when it was supposed to be delivered. Why is my order missing boards when it was supposed to be ready to be delivered last week. They wanted to sup statute for longer boards. Ok but they wanted to send untreated. I bought treated for a reason. Well they found treated 10ft to replace my 8ft treated. I told them i was not paying the difference.
Then i get a call that they would be here at 7pm last night with my order. They did show up this time minus my door. Homedepot is not on my happy list right now. In between all of this. They made sure to send me the bill. So i have had a bill for stuff i did not receive for over a week. Now i am sure that is more than you ever wanted to know and are sorry you asked lol.

Beautiful card those roses are stunning and your die cut layers are perfect as usual.

Jen i love your card. what a sweet idea to add the picture each year.

I did not even make mothers day card. Or a b day card for my niece. I am thinking of buying her one. I have not purchased a card in 10 years. I just have not had the time or desire to create lately. I usually do not get a lot made in the summer.

Edited by andrea m on 05-08-18 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, DH went from having 5 weeks vacation to having just 2, and he needs to take 1 during the last 2 weeks of the year. That leaves us with 5 days off together, as it's nearly impossible for me to get time off during the last 2 weeks of the year. Holy cow on the Home Depot mess up! That's terrible!

Trish, we LOVE the girlfriend!! She is beautiful, lovely, smart, and she loves my boy. I want to yell at DS, "Don't mess this up!!"

Judy, us kids did get together and made a demand....ice cream! We weren't big thinkers. We have generations of families working at my company. The 2nd generation owners have been on the job since they were less than 10! They also got fed ice cream as payment until they wised up, LOL!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Luvmyfam

Andrea, that’s awful on Home Depot’s part.
I hope they make it right for you.
My experience has always been good with them.

I think summer is a bit hard on most of us when it comes to our crafting.
Too much to do outdoors and when you’re done with all of that then we’re too tired to do anything indoors!!

Jen, glad you liked the new girlfriend!
That’s important.
My DSs last gf was just so perfect.......to me.
Not so much for DS tho!!
She was so well put together and was good with my DGD. Like I could trust her to take her, keep her, watch her, etc, with no worries.
But DS wasn’t in love with her so I guess that’s a deal breakers - lol!
He said he loved her and cared for her but was not in love with her. Oh whatever- haha!

I’ve been working in my yard more.
My neighbor and I get to shopping and finding more stuff to put in our yards and then we have more projects!
It’s fun tho- and costly.
On my debit card and my arthritic body!

Hope everyone is doing well!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms here!
Hope you have a great day.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to ChansGram

Hi, Everyone! I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

I've got a busy day today but I wanted to pop in and wish all of the moms in here a very happy Mother's Day.

My boys and DIL and The Hubs are all making me brunch at home since I just hate the crowds at all the local restaurants on a day like this. I'd much rather just stay home and relax and let them wait on me to their hearts' content.

Have a great day, Ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello there good morning

i get little sad on mothers day little bit. well we are going on little vacation to Vegas then i am going to Arizona to go see my nephew for the first time and going to take lots of pic of him. my husband not going with me to Arizona seen he has to finsh work on his mom bathroom. then after stay with my sister for 2 days is head back to cail with my parents where my husband will pick me up and stay for a couple days and then head back home.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Happy late moms day to all you that are moms.

Danielle enjoy meeting your nephew.

I am busy getting ready for graduation. there is so much to get done. It rained all weekend but the guys still managed to work on the deck.
I am still waiting to hear from home depot on my door.

Its back to longer days at work for me. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to andrea m

Welcome back, Claire! It's nice that you arrived back home just in time to be properly waited upon and pampered.

I agree with you on enjoying home instead of the lines and crowds, competing for tables with all the other mothers. Our two daughters live close and they got together to plan yesterday's lunch. Tammy...the one who loves to cook...prepared whole roasted chickens with fresh herbed (right from her garden), roasted potatoes. She brought it all over early to cook in our ovens and also brought the game, Blokus, to play while we enjoyed the good kitchen aromas. It was a new game to us. I think it will have to be put on my shopping list. :>)

A bit later our other daughter, with her hubby and daughter, brought over corn on the cob, rolls, cake, and five flavors of ice cream. A couple of friends from church brought salad and mac 'n' cheese...and a bag of goodies for our doggie.

Our sons called later in the evening, then around 8, another granddaughter came by. She had been out of town, but wanted to stop by and we ended out chatting until almost 11, so it was a fun, family-filled, good-food type of day. Perfect.

Don, I've been online shopping for a new bed and thought how difficult it looked to change sheets on the split-head mattresses. There are so many choices and they're all soooo expensive! I priced one bed that was on sale for over $10,000...and then it's recommended to buy a new one every eight years. Yeah, right.

Andrea...do you have all of your summer staff filled and trained? Any new flavors of ice cream being mixed for the new season?

The day is getting away from me, so

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-14-18 10:22 PM

[quote=Don, I've been online shopping for a new bed and thought how difficult it looked to change sheets on the split-head mattresses. There are so many choices and they're all soooo expensive! I priced one bed that was on sale for over $10,000...and then it's recommended to buy a new one every eight years. Yeah, right.

We paid 8K including liner and 2 sets of sheets. Then another $500 for the headboard, then 1k for blankets, down comforter and sack thing to cover it, and the pillows.
I can now change out the bedding in ½ hour.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to don1

Good morning crafty friends!

I finally have a day to myself and thought I'd stop in here to catch up a bit on what you have all been up to while I was gone. The Hubs is working at his in-town office today so it's just me and the fur-babies at home. Hopefully I'll get caught up on what I need to do here, too.

Can you believe I'm still not completely unpacked from our trip? I've just been on the go every day (and some nights) since we got back and more or less living out of suitcases in my own house ever since! Crazy, right? Well, that ends today. The washer and dryer will be going nonstop all day, that's for sure.

Our trip was in celebration of my and my BFF's birthdays, which are about a week apart in April. So, The Hubs and I, and my BFF and her DH, all spent a few days in Napa and then stayed in San Francisco for a couple of days. What a wonderful time we had! We are all wine lovers and the Napa part of our trip was really outstanding. We all did a similar trip together about 3 years ago and found that we traveled especially well together, so decided to tempt fate and do it again. If anything, this time was even more fun! My BFF and I planned the whole itinerary, including the hotels, the transportation, the venues and the wineries we wanted to visit and it turned out *SO* well! Lots of good times and incredible memories.

Jen, had DH and I been on our own, I would have liked to see if we could meet up with you and yours for dinner one night but maybe next time, if you're up for it. We get to SF fairly often since it's one of my favorite cities on the planet.

I've got to get some laundry going right now but I'll try to stop back later. I saw some gorgeous cards as I skimmed back a ways and want to get a better look at them.

Back in a bit . . .

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Claire sounds like an amazing trip.

Judy sounds like a fun way to spend your mothers day. what a dinner you had.

I let one person go from work and now my boss is not sure about another. So today i am supposed to go thru applications and see about another. I thought i was done lol.

The deck project is underway. Now if it would just stop raining.

Wow those are some expensive beds and not in my budget at all.

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to andrea m

Okay, I am officially unpacked and laundry is underway. How exciting, right?

Jen, that Mother's Day card is so very sweet! And your GD is adorable! What a doll-baby! I love your plan to do the card with her photo every year for your DD. What a wonderful idea. I know she will treasure those.

And, Trish, that bday card for your neighbor is just beautiful!! I love all the layers and the flowers! Lucky lady, your neighbor.

Judy, that was some Mother's Day feast you had! What a lovely day that must've been for you, full of family, friends, and great food! Gotta love it.

My Mother's Day brunch was delightful. The Hubs made a TDF French Toast Bake (basically bread pudding masquerading as breakfast food!) while the boys made bacon and sausage, DIL made a fresh fruit salad dressed with honey and Grand Marnier (*slurp*), and there was Pear Nectar and coffee, of course. All in all, not just good but OMG-good! And there were sob-worthy cards and beautiful flowers and fun balloons . . . Oh, my! It's so very nice when "payback" is NOT a . LOL!!

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Andrea, it sounds like work has not been your happy place lately. Sorry you have to deal with the personnel problems. That's not fun, I know. But your deck is getting done and that's a good thing! It will be the perfect place to chill and enjoy an adult beverage or three after those stressful days at work.

Don, inquiring minds want to know: Do you get that much better sleep on an $8K bed? If you do, I have no doubt that it's worth the investment but . . . YIKES-A-HOOTIE! Do you actually love it or was that sarcasm lurking between the lines?

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford

Just posted this morning:

Needed a quick bday card for my SIL last week. This one needed a box, not an envelope, so I had to get it done while she was in town so I could hand-deliver it to her.

I am itching to use some of the new items that I ordered - and were delivered - before I left on our trip. My muse is calling but I have so much else that's gotta get done first!

Page 61 of 63 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics