Username Post: Cardmakers chat group.        (Topic#1598503)
don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-13-15 11:13 PM
In response to scalvert2542

Wishing you all Happy Valentines Day.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

Thanks don. you to.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I will be working but i am excited about it. Its the first day open at our new location.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to andrea m

Happy Valentine's day to you all too.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

Thanks don. you to

happy valentine's day

well I going to be work on some of my layouts today

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to southern lady

I've been trying to catch up on layouts too Danielle.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to AmyWho

I haven't scrapbooked in months. Cards have taken over my thoughts these days.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to olleharr

Finally got a few cards done! Now off to play with my next new favorite thing - wood! My LSS just got a new vendor that provides wood for mixed media and fun home decor. I'm working on some Easter eggs decor pieces now.

purple hello By Scalvert2542

#sohappy By Scalvert2542

green hello By Scalvert2542

sunny birthday By Scalvert2542

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Great cards Stephanie.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

those are nice cards stephanie

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Good morning.

I am going to spend the day cleaning and purging my craft room. I plan to concentrate on buying more stamps, inks, and card making stuff this year. I need to make some room for it all lol.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to andrea m

Thats always fun Andrea! I love organizing/purging to make room for more New stuff just as much as actually using it all. I love finding fun things I forgot about!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Sweetheart V-day card By Kaylann

Birthday By Kaylann

I am the way ... By Kaylann

To everthing there is a season By Kaylann

Aaaah I'm so far behind!! Darn internet was down for over a week...hope to catch up tomorrow! Here are a couple cards I made the last week.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Kaylann

Hi Kayla. I was wondering where you've been!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to AmyWho

Trust in the Lord By Kaylann

Got another one here ... I need to step it up a notch with making my baptism cards!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

b-day card By Kaylann

and one more ...

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Kaylann

I finished this one tonight:
Work It! By AmyWho

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

well today I am look at stamps and color them little better. I been look at YouTube. I just seen a lot of you do that and I would love to learn how to do it better,

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

cute card By Southern Lady

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

I watched and sorted through a ton of you tube videos to learn to properly color with my distress inks. I still do not have it perfected but i learned a ton of things. Many videos i watched several times till i had it right. Just keep watching and trying. You will get there. I found it easiest to look up videos using the exact brand i was using. I dont know what kind of pencils you are using. there are so many and they tend to work differently.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well I did my first color with that card. I am use American craft pencils that I got form Christmas.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing but I can't color with regular colored pencils. It always looks...streaky, I guess is the best I can describe it. I don't worry if my shading is in the right places or anything like that. I just try to keep it consistent and maybe nobody will notice too much.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to AmyWho

I dont color with regular color pencils either. I know there are nubs and solutions for blending them. I prefer water color pencils and the distress ink water coloring. Just using the water is much easier. I am still working on what colors blend best together and placing the right shadows.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to andrea m

Yeah it seems like too much rigmarole. I just want to get it colored. It takes long enough as it is lol.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

I have some water color pencils and chalk one but don't know how to use the. where do you buy your stamps at andera?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

I buy all of mine online at different sites. i can pm you some suggestions.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Simon was already out of the misti. I ordered one straight from her. I hope it does not take forever to get. Either way I am excited to try it out.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

coloring By Southern Lady

here I color this. but just don't know what to do with it. I think it came out good.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Nice Danielle, it looks good!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

thanks Amy

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

danielle did you use a blending solution? it looks good.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

no

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

by using a blending solution you wont see the lines of the colored pencils. I think someone in your other thread said they used baby oil and a blending stump.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

yea but I don't have baby oil

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Okay I've got a question ...

Menards has some great deals on a cricut expression and a cricut explorer ... I looked them both up on you tube and I know I don't want the cricut explorer because it requires us to be online at all times when using it but what I want to know is if the expression is a great tool to invest in. I don't have internet connection at all times so I don't want to have to rely on computer to be able to use my cricut if I do decide to get one.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Kaylann

I don't have an electronic cutter.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to AmyWho

danielle, that turned out great! it would look cute poped up on a small canvas with fun paper and title work as an easter decoration!!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Good idea, Stephanie. I'm no help, I have lots of things that I don't know what to do with.

Here's another card:
Not My Birthday! By AmyWho

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to AmyWho

Andrea, I got my MISTI!! Love it!! Very easy to use. I think the thing I like most is that if I stamp too light I can ink it up and stamp it darker and it gives such a nice crisp image. I think it's worth it.

Kayla, I have the original Cricut along with about 15 cartridges. I've had it for many years and I think it's a great tool to have for scrapbooking. I use my Cuttlebug more for cards but still use my Cricut for other projects and scrapbooking. I mostly use mine for the fonts and titles for my pages. I love that you get a nice selection of sizes to cut. The cutting blade seems to last a long time before needing to be replaced but the mats lose their stickiness a little faster. Check google out, there's some tutorials on how to wash the mats and add your own glue to be able to reuse them. I've always done that and it works well and saves a lot of $$.
Good luck!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to olleharr

Easter By Southern Lady

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Lisa thats what i was so excited about. I also watched a you tube tutorial on how to use your stamps in a circle. I cant wait to get one.

Has any one ever used the simon says stamps ink pads? I have been considering buying some.

Kayla i answered your question in your other thread. I have a cricut explore and an imagine. the imagine was a huge flop. My explore still works great. I rarely ever use it though. I prefer my manual die cutter. I can use it with no power or internet. I can emboss and cut. Yes i dont have as many image choices but honestly i dont use half of what is on my cartridges. I am also not a fan of provo crafts customer service or business practices. They have released many machines and then just stopped supporting them to move to their next idea. I would really do as much research as you can before deciding. Cricut is really starting to move to all online content. So you will be able to buy older cartridges but may not be able to get new releases.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to andrea m

Andrea the MISTI is also great for the large background stamps. I found a tutorial that shows how to convert the rubber mounted stamps to cling but it looks a little time consuming. Will try that when I get the chance.

I must be feeling a little cabin fever these days with this aweful cold weather. I've been making a lot of bright scenery cards lately. Come on spring!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to olleharr

when I checked my email I already had a shipping notice from her. I hope to get it next week. I see this tool causing me to buy more stamps lol.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

I wish I had some more wood stamps. I did another stamp and color it. I think it turn out good just have to put it on a card. I wish there was place where you can trade your old stamp and get another stamp.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Danielle I have seen some posts around this place where you can join a group that trades stamps. I am not sure where it is at. I will look around and let you know if I find it.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Kaylann

I really like the clear stamps or the rubber cling. I dont own a lot of wood stamps. I dont have the space for them.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-20-15 07:16 PM
In response to andrea m

So I went and checked out the Misti on-line.
I went to TAP Plastic and spent $12 and made my own Magi (maybe a goofy idea). There are no graphs and I have to tape down my work, but it works pretty good. I will still check out the Misti when it becomes available at a show or store near by.
Maybe you could make one out of a hardback book. Cut out some middle pages and glue the front pages together.
Maybe I should just go take a nap.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Danielle I thought there was supposed to be a stamp swap but I can't find it anywhere so I don't know where it went!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Kaylann

That TAP plastics is a cool place. I needed an acrylic block long enough for some 12" border stamps that I won, but couldn't find any. I went there and they cut one for me and it works perfectly.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-21-15 07:56 AM
In response to AmyWho

I get all my stamp blocks there, and my Cuttlebug plates too.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to don1

Andrea, how did you cut the grass on your card, is it the lawn fawn hills die?

Just got some new stamps, off to play!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stephanie i did not have grass on a card. I am guessing you meant lisa. I did not want you to think i was ignoring your question.

Have a great time playing with your new stamps. I have a whole list of ones i want to buy.

She must be shipping the misti's a lot faster. I ordered thursday and it had already shipped yesterday. I am just excited by being able to repeat and be so straight with my stamping.

lol don on the nap. I am sure there are lots of ways to get the same results.

Edited by andrea m on 02-21-15 11:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Prima marketings new water color pencil sets are in the store here. I am thinking of buying a couple and giving them a try.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to andrea m

Hahaha oops, you are right. Just saw the "response to" area.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

those look great all those Prima marketings new water color pencil sets. I would love to buy some cute stamps but I just don't know what. hmm

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

Andrea that's great on the fast shipping. You're going to love it. I've been trying a lot of different techniques with it. Things are definitely neater, clearer and getting done faster this weekend.

Don that sounds cool. When you get it all done I hope you'll do a video or tutorial on how to make a similar product for less.

Hi Stephanie, that is actually a die by Lil' Inker Designs called Border Builders.

I've been working on a few challenges this weekend. They motivate me.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to olleharr

Ok cool, I will have to check it out! I have only seen the lawn fawn one used on Xmas stuff but keepp finding myself drawn to it. I like your use of the lil inkers one.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

I did another card it came out good I have to take pic of it

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

My MISTI came yesterday. Ionly got to play with it a little. I did order some new stamps though.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to andrea m

Lisa, I'm glad you love your new tool. Andrea, I hope you like it as much.

I'm excited. The CKC expo is here this weekend. It's so much smaller than I remember when I started but I still manage to find plenty.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to AmyWho

Amy have a blast at the expo. You will have to share what you find.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Amy have a blast at the expo. I miss expo they are fun. I always had fun with my mom going to them.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Thanks, I will. I always go with my mom too.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to AmyWho

Andrea, where do you like to get your mo manning stamps? There are so many I want. I got one a couple of weeks ago and while I was looking for more online, I recognized a few that you've used.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to AmyWho

amy im sending you a pm.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-26-15 11:35 AM
In response to olleharr

I didn't do a video, but I posted a pic in my galley of my Misti which I call Klingon

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to don1

Aaah! You're all getting new products to use!!! And I have to sit here and drool!! LOL ... Hope you enjoy them as much as I would. I am thinking about buying some acrylic blocks because I have a couple acrylic stamps that I never use because I don't have the block!

What do you prefer, wooden stamps or the acrylic stamps?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Kaylann

Definitely acrylic or rubber cling.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to AmyWho

Acrylic or rubber cling here too. I have a lot of wooden ones but I knew I couldn't keep going that route without massive storage. I use the acrylic more than anything.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to olleharr

You know, I think I'm just going to have to throw in the towel accept that coloring is not my thing. I've been practicing again tonight. I've tried colored pencils, markers, inks, paints, everything. I've watched so many tutorials and tried to learn the techniques but I just can't get it to look right.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to olleharr

I know what you mean it hard for me to use marker and some other pencils. I just don't have a steady hand

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Lisa, I love your cards and wish that I could make dies look so cute. I keep thinking that I need/want to do more things other than cutesy but I guess it's just what I like to do most....soooo....

I went to the scrap expo thing today and bought a bunch of stamps. Of course I got a bunch more Art Impressions, then some Heartfelt Creations, and Stamps of Life. There really wasn't much else there that I was interested in. Then I came home and did a large online order. I might not eat for a few weeks but I'll have stamps

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to AmyWho

Cute Avi, Danielle.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to AmyWho

LOL! Those online orders get you don't they? So much cute stuff out there.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

• AmyWho Said:
Cute Avi, Danielle.

thanks

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

I wish I could do cute stamps like you amy and andrea. I watch online videos but it hard for me. but I am try to do the color one I think they don't come out that cute.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Lisa your cards are amazing. coloring is not for everyone. I think you really have to enjoy the process. If your not into it, it just is not going to work. Like amy said i wish i was better at design and using dies like you do.

Amy glad you found some stamps at the expo. Lol for placing a huge online order. I am impatiently waiting for my order to ship.

Kayla i like acrylic and rubber cling too. I only have a handful of wooden stamps. I avoid buying them. I prefer my sentiment stamps to be acrylics so i can see the placement better.

Danielle my first few coloring attempts did not look great. It took awhile to really get what worked for me and made coloring fun.

I have the weekend off and hope to play with my misti today and make a few cards.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to andrea m

How do you like your Misti Andrea? I'm still loving mine. My stamping has improved a lot. Haven't thrown away one mistake yet.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to olleharr

I love it. I have not done a whole lot but what i have is awesome. I love that i can stamp around a circle. I have wanted to be able to do that for years. getting my stamps lined up and being able to stamp perfectly beside other images is amazing. I can see a whole lot more stamping in my future. I also love that i can restamp something if the ink is not right . I have messed up so many projects trying to do that.

Now i want a bunch more ink colors. I think this misti is just going to make me spend more money lol

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to andrea m

Lol.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

lol andrea

I would love to get that Misti but it just to much for me right now. I watch some of the you tube videos on and look nice. maybe some day I get one

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-28-15 09:40 PM

My Klingon is working great. I may buy a Misti if someone local has it in their store or brings to Heirloom or Expo.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to don1

LOL! Yes Andrea I'm already looking at new inks too. I thought a few of my pads were defective but it just turns out that it was me all along.

Don you're just awesome. Did you say you have a video on your Klingon?

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 03-01-15 09:29 AM
In response to olleharr

No, just the photo.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to don1

I am thinking about buying the whole set of sss ink pads for my b day. I really want more color variety. I have all the th inks but they are not my favorite for stamping.

The designer and inventor of Misti has a fb page. she is working on getting a distributor. I know she is shipping faster now that she has a company putting them together. She used to just get all the pieces and then put them together herself. I had mine in a week.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well I am finish with my one card I think it came okay.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

spring card By Southern Lady

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Hello everyone! I'm not disappearing on you again. Just thought I would pop in and say hello!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Kaylann

I've been busy working on another box of cards for Operation Write Home. My Misti is getting a work out.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to olleharr

Hi Kayla.

I made a card with my misti yesterday. I love that thing more and more each time i use it. I did not take a picture of my card. I had to get it in the mail.

My niece and I write to each other and I had not written in quite awhile. She got a fortune cookie that said she would get a wonderful greeting from afar. Her mom texted me because my niece said that meant she was going to get a letter from me. So of course i had to get it in gear. I could not let her down.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

st patricks day By Southern Lady

spring card By Southern Lady

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

You're a good aunt, Andrea.

I've just been working on my ATCs. I do have a card I want to make but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to AmyWho

Just registered for my first expo too! I have never been to one, so excited. Taking a card class, hope to learn some new techniques.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho

Have fun! Let us know all about it.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to AmyWho

Sounds like fun Stephanie!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• scalvert2542 Said:
Just registered for my first expo too! I have never been to one, so excited. Taking a card class, hope to learn some new techniques.

have fun at it

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

st patrick day By Southern Lady

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Time seems to crawl when you miss the one you love By Kaylann

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Kaylann

st patricks day By Southern Lady

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Birthday for Friend By Kaylann

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Kaylann

My stamps finally showed up. I bought a new 12x12 storage cart to store my stamps. I want to have them organized better.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics