Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping Christmas Swap:HAVE FUN OPENING YOUR GIFTS EACH DAY        (Topic#1598509)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hostess: ScrapAngel4

Hi everyone! I have been doing this swap for 4 years now and it has been a success each year!

Pals out: 2 -3 days later
Kits received by your partner by: 12/7

Who can join?

Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail by the due date.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by the due date – don’t sign up.

Max 1 spot per person

If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year. And I will require you to mail out your pals gift by November 28th.

12 Days of Swapping
($40 gift swap)

This has some handmades, but the rest is all storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades (which are the tags) and then as it gets closer to Christmas you can start buying storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).

This will be a SECRET PAL SWAP! DO NOT TELL YOUR PAL WHO YOU ARE UNTIL THEY OPEN THEIR FIRST GIFT!

You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.

On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card. (in the past I have given a snack or a handmade item as an xtra token)

Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/7.

The fun part of this swap is when everyone posts what they have received on each day. In the past, some swappers like to wait until Christmas day to open all of their gifts which is fine too.

Rules:

1. Please do not send JUNK.. and what I mean is no old tattered, yellow looking items from your stash.

2. Take a peek at your pal's wishlist and see what they may like. You do not have to buy directly from their wishlist just use it as a guide. PLEASE NOTE: MOST PALS WILL PURCHASE ALL ITEMS FROM YOUR WISHLIST TO MAKE SURE YOU DO GET STUFF THAT YOU WANT. AND NOT JUNK!!!

3. The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $30. it works out as $3 a day. (you can go over, but that is up to you and not everyone can afford to do this)

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought) It would be nice if this one gift was from your pals wishlist. I strongly suggest that you do this.

4. You may include handmades as one of the gifts on any given day (except the last day). Please pick something from your pals survey of things they could use.. ex.. a altered picture frame, maybe a box of handmade cards...etc...BUT IT MUST BE WORTH $3.00 OR MORE RETAIL

5. A survey will be made up and you must pm it to us before we give out the pals. IF I DONT HAVE YOUR SURVEY BY OCT. 1ST YOU MAY BE DROPPED FROM THE SWAP.

6. Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/7. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit
Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!

How To Join

1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wishlist updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:

RECAP OF WHAT TO SEND TO YOUR PAL:

1. MAKE A HANDMADE CARD
2. MAKE 12 HANDMADE TAGS
3. SEND 12 WRAPPED GIFTS THAT ARE NIP. YOU MAY SEND A HANDMADE ITEM IF YOU PAL STATES IN THE SURVEY SHE WOULD LIKE ONE!
(GO BY THEIR SURVEYS AND WISHLISTS)
4. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PAL RECEIVES IT BY 12/7.
5. HAVE FUN SHOPPING FOR YOU PAL!

Survey:

Screen name:

Name & mailing addy:

Colors you like:

Colors you don’t like:

Embellishments you like or would like to try

Anything you’re working on right now

Size of paper preferred if any

Anything Handmade you would like to receive ie door hanger altered something (if you don't want any handmades at all please say so!!!)

Do you like sweets? If so what kind ie hard candy chocolate

Embellishments you don’t like/want

Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store)

Please list 10 items from your wishlist that you really want:

Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:

Anything else you’d like to share with your partner

package sent and confirmation posted
rec. gift from pal

surveys rec.

means postal
means rec

SIGNUPS

1. hhat419
2. savvy scrapper amie
3. mmjtr
4. andrea M
5. Drayia
6. disneylisa
7. Charris449
8. scrapbookgirl28
9. scalvert2542
10. mommie75
11. SilverAK26
12. scrapwriter
13. ScrapAngel 1 ZOILA
14. RachelUK
15. tneal40
16. dniemeier
17. ScrapAngel4
18. ScrapAddict21

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 12-15-14 07:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hhat419
Pro
hhat419
In response to ScrapAngel4

I'd love to join please

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to hhat419

I'd like to join also!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to savvy scrapper amie

I'd like to join please!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

I would love to join. It was a lot of fun last year.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to andrea m

I am in again of course!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Drayia

I'm in again too. Love this swap.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to disneylisa

I'd like to join this year. This is my first time so I will pm you my references.

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to Charris449

I'd like to join please.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scrapbookgirl28

yea! I'm so glad y'all are all joining again! Im so excited.. we are going to have a great bunch again... and no flakers are signing up! LOL

I will update the first page when I get home from work!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

I'm very excited!! Purchased tags yesterday to get started designing them!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

I'm very excited for this swap. I looked like so much fun last year. But I had my daughter in November. I didn't think I would have time to do it. But I can this year!! YEAH!!!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to scrappy_day

this is my favorite swap, sign me up again this year please!!!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to scalvert2542

Sign me up again please!!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to silver26AK

I am in again

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to mommie75

I'm going to work on my survey tonight, so you should have it tomorrow.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

gotcha ladies!

thanks for joining!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Just finished my survey! Have a great weekend everyone!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Wahoo I am in - 3rd year in a row for me. This is one of my most favorite swaps!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to scrapwriter

After your comment Bren, I had to go back and check how long I have been doing this swap, looks like this will be my 5th year

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Drayia

my survey is sent.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to andrea m

Hum you have my name wrong haha you have 25 instead of 75 no biggie but someone might get confused

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mommie75

Also ladies i opened up my stocking swap that i host every year come join i combined kids and adult into one thread this year last year no one signed up there kids hopefully some will this year

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Drayia

Do you accept international swappers? I have been in the same swap for about 5 or 6 years now! - Drayia and Jennifer and Andrea have all been in the same swap so can vouch for me.

This sounds like a fun swap - so if you will have me from the UK, I'd like to join. My first swap outside my old one!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to RachelUK

The question probably becomes is anyone willing to pay the postage to send the package internationally. If someone would agree I'm sure you'd be allowed.

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Hi . ScrapAngel4 I sent my profile in about 4 days ago- Do you have it?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

If anyone would like to take RachelUK as a Pal I don't mind adding you.. But im not sure how expensive it is to mail to the UK..

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Welcome RachelUk! I have found a pal who would love to send to you!

Please tell us some info on yourself so we can get to know you! thanks

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Of course I am also signing up to being very willing to send to the US as well!

I have three grown kids - 24, 27, 30 - boy girl boy. None married yet, though my oldest son is living with his gf, and as far as we are all concerned she is already part of the family and delightful! He works with autistic kids and absolutely loves it, and she is a student midwife, just finishing the last year of her degree.

Dd Emily lives and works in Dubai, in marketing for high end restaurants (the type that I couldnt possibly afford to eat in)! She is living a wonderful ex-pat life over there, and loves the weather. Whenever she is home in the UK, I ask her if she would like to move back. She always says 'The weather is so cold, the cities are so dirty, the commutes to work are ridiculous, and the men are so RUDE'!! I dont think shes planning on returning any time soon!

My youngest son has just spent a year working in the townships outside Cape Town, South Africa, running a sports project. It has been the making of him, but now he wants to spend a few months earning money before he returns for a post-graduate IT course. Right now, we have his gf visiting from South Africa.

I work in a hospice for adults (although almost my entire career has focused on pediatric nursing). I'm the director of nursing and patient care, and it is a wonderful and inspiring place to work. Unlike the US, our hospices here do not focus on the last few weeks and months of life. The service is free (we are 80% charitably funded), and patients come in and out all the time - mostly tending to be short stays - for symptom control, pain relief, sometimes emotional, psychological or spiritual care. We also have a drop in unit in the day time, and a huge home nursing service as most of our patients - like most of us, no doubt - want to die at home!

I live in a cottage in the English countryside, with sheep and cows to the front and back! Our cottage is about 100 years old, though it has had many extra bits added on in the intervening time! I was married for 25 years before getting divorced, though we are still on pretty good terms. my ex has a 10 year old, and I am very glad NOT to have a 10 year old! I got remarried 3 years ago, and we are blissfully happy. I share three grandchildren (3, 4 and 9) and as far as they are concerned, I am their Grandy!

I love the US, but the gun laws would always discourage me! I would also badly miss my 6 weeks annual leave! But visiting is wonderful, and I have many friends over there - including a good number who I met through this site, two of whom have stayed with me in the UK too.

Is that enough for starters?!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Wow - I wrote a book! Sorry.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to RachelUK

Hi lady i would send to you i have in the past yes it is kind of coslty but postage anymore is costly..and i am sure it is not cheap for you either to mail to the usa

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to mommie75

You may add me if you like... had a great time last year and I loved makin the tags.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to tneal40

jci - I lived in England for 8 years and loved it. So many happy times there.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449

I have five of my tags done so far. Just taking my time though. Also trying to revamp my craft room.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

Wow i have not even thought of it.yet again that wod require me to go down in my scrap space...

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

welcome Teia

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Drayia

Would anyone else like to post a little something about there self for Rachel in the UK?

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

She knows me already..my life is boring anyway..

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

lol

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Rachel, I live in the beautiful state of Tennessee. I am Mom to a dog named Gunner and sister cats Daisy and Gracie. We live in the country where we often see turkeys, deer, snakes, coyotes, rabbits and lots of other wildlife. I've been married to my Jr. High school sweetheart for almost 19 years, ( we married on my 30th Birthday and no, we didn't date all those years in between).

I work at Michaels as
our local paper craft teacher. I also am a Mary Kay consultant. In my free time, I love to read, write Christian fiction, cook, and of course scrapbook. I mentor several homeless women. I spent two years on the Board of Directors for The Way of Hope, a local non-profit for homeless women and children. I have a passion for enriching women's lives and breaking generational patterns of poverty.

I'm glad to make your acquaintance and hope you'll enjoy your time here.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

My dream is to go to London and scare a English Guard at the Tower of London... #3 on my bucket list!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to tneal40

I have known Rachel for a couple years now over in the secret sister swap.

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

I would love to join please. This will be great fun!
  • ScrapAngel4 Said:
lol

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
My dream is to go to London and scare a English Guard at the Tower of London... #3 on my bucket list!

I would love to go and see that! LMAO

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to dniemeier

• dniemeier Said:
I would love to join please. This will be great fun!
  • ScrapAngel4 Said:
lol

Welcome!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

• ScrapAngel4 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

I would love to go and see that! LMAO

I figure if I am an OLD lady, flashing him might work lol

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to tneal40

ok.. umm I won't be watching that part.. Ill just concentrate on his face.. LOL

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

You two are funny

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to mommie75

Happy birthday Jennifer.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to andrea m

Can't wait to find out who my partner is!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Happy Bday Jennifer!

Me 2 Scrappyday!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Drayia

we need one more person to sign up..

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

Thank you!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to RachelUK

Still working on my wishlist for my survey. Although I leave for vacation tomorrow morning I'll have my computer along so I'll work on it when I get a chance during the next few days.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I've been trying to add little things here and there. My wishes change according to the day though so it's hard going at times.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

your so funny scrap writer

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Jci. Have a great weekend!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

u2

mmjtr
mmjtr 
Veteran
mmjtr
  • mmjtr on 09-26-14 06:59 AM

I'm so excited to join this swap! I'll be sending my survey in just a bit!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mmjtr

ok we need one more person to sign up and then I will close signups.. or I won't participate..

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

I certainly hope that doesn't happen!!

mmjtr
mmjtr 
Veteran
mmjtr
  • mmjtr on 09-27-14 04:39 PM

Oh! I hope someine else signs up so you can participate! That would stink!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to mmjtr

Me

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to ScrapAddict21

If you need i will take a second spot

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

woot woot! thanks Scrapaddict21

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

You're welcome, Kim. It's been a long time since someone has cheered for me lol

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

JCI

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

So when do we get pals again?

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to mommie75

waiting, waiting???

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

Jci

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to dniemeier

Jci--when do we get our pals?

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

Wow look what i startes hehehe

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

• ScrapAddict21 Said:
You're welcome, Kim. It's been a long time since someone has cheered for me lol

You are awesome! Now im going to close this baby up!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
So when do we get pals again?

I will work on pals in the next day or so.. and I hope to have them out to you ASAP.. now we have enough people!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

Yippeee

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to mommie75

WAITING with baited breath!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

i cant wait to get started.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to andrea m

me 2! I hope to have your addies out to you by tomm. night or the latest friday night...

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Drayia

ok im working on the pairings at the work today.... i wonder who y'all are going to get?

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Yay! We're gonna get our pals soon!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

Hum does notvmatter to me i just like to shop hehehe

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

so your a shopaholic jennifer?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Drayia

Ok pals are now out! will let you know the Secret Login for you to ask your pal any questions and to check in with them once a week.. For the newbies all you have to do is just say HI and how your doing! it lets us all know you are around!

Please make sure I didn't send you your own survey back to ya! LOL..

hhat419
Pro
hhat419

YAY ! I got my partner , need to get busy on making my tags

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to hhat419

Got my pal yippeee

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to mommie75

I'm excited!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

time to start thinking.... I hate thinking!!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

ladies just a reminder you need to add some lower priced stuff to your wish list we have 12 days to shop for and 30 of it is split into 11 day so items that cost 5.00 your pal is not going to be able to stay within budget i for one do go over but if everything is 5.00 and more then spend 10 on last gift this could get very costly very fast

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to mommie75

Thanks for the reminder Jennifer. It was a little challenging last year. I love to go over to but i can only do so much lol.

I am so excited to get started now that i have my pal. I need to cut out tags and come up with some ideas.

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to andrea m

I got my partner. Thanks for all your work in organizing this. This is going to be fun.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

Shopaholic me never!!! My husband and bank account might say differnt tho

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to mommie75

Got my pal! Going to check out her wishlist!

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28

Yay got my pal! Off to check her wishlist!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542

Yay got my pal, can't wait to start picking stuff off her list!!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scalvert2542

will be sending you guys the secret login and password!

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier

Yippee got my pal!!!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to dniemeier

wahoo

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

jci

For hostess and pal - please note my new home address:

Bren Stuart
185 Ashby Street
Dayton, VA 22821

Resident
In response to Drayia

hey ladies! this is the secret login for you to talk to your pals!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• savvy scrapper amie Said:
Rachel, I live in the beautiful state of Tennessee. I am Mom to a dog named Gunner and sister cats Daisy and Gracie. We live in the country where we often see turkeys, deer, snakes, coyotes, rabbits and lots of other wildlife. I've been married to my Jr. High school sweetheart for almost 19 years, ( we married on my 30th Birthday and no, we didn't date all those years in between).

I work at Michaels as
our local paper craft teacher. I also am a Mary Kay consultant. In my free time, I love to read, write Christian fiction, cook, and of course scrapbook. I mentor several homeless women. I spent two years on the Board of Directors for The Way of Hope, a local non-profit for homeless women and children. I have a passion for enriching women's lives and breaking generational patterns of poverty.

I'm glad to make your acquaintance and hope you'll enjoy your time here.

You sound so interesting - with all your various activities! Happy to meet you too!

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics