Hi everyone! I have been doing this swap for 4 years now and it has been a success each year!
Sign ups close: 9/30
Pals out: 2 -3 days later
Kits received by your partner by: 12/7
Who can join?
Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.
It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail by the due date.
Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by the due date – don’t sign up.
Max 1 spot per person
If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year. And I will require you to mail out your pals gift by November 28th.
12 Days of Swapping
($40 gift swap)
This has some handmades, but the rest is all storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades (which are the tags) and then as it gets closer to Christmas you can start buying storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).
This will be a SECRET PAL SWAP! DO NOT TELL YOUR PAL WHO YOU ARE UNTIL THEY OPEN THEIR FIRST GIFT!
You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.
On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card. (in the past I have given a snack or a handmade item as an xtra token)
Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/7.
The fun part of this swap is when everyone posts what they have received on each day. In the past, some swappers like to wait until Christmas day to open all of their gifts which is fine too.
1. Please do not send JUNK.. and what I mean is no old tattered, yellow looking items from your stash.
2. Take a peek at your pal's wishlist and see what they may like. You do not have to buy directly from their wishlist just use it as a guide. PLEASE NOTE: MOST PALS WILL PURCHASE ALL ITEMS FROM YOUR WISHLIST TO MAKE SURE YOU DO GET STUFF THAT YOU WANT. AND NOT JUNK!!!
3. The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $30. it works out as $3 a day. (you can go over, but that is up to you and not everyone can afford to do this)
The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought) It would be nice if this one gift was from your pals wishlist. I strongly suggest that you do this.
4. You may include handmades as one of the gifts on any given day (except the last day). Please pick something from your pals survey of things they could use.. ex.. a altered picture frame, maybe a box of handmade cards...etc...BUT IT MUST BE WORTH $3.00 OR MORE RETAIL
5. A survey will be made up and you must pm it to us before we give out the pals. IF I DONT HAVE YOUR SURVEY BY OCT. 1ST YOU MAY BE DROPPED FROM THE SWAP.
6. Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/7. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.
You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit
Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!
How To Join
1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wishlist updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:
RECAP OF WHAT TO SEND TO YOUR PAL:
1. MAKE A HANDMADE CARD
2. MAKE 12 HANDMADE TAGS
3. SEND 12 WRAPPED GIFTS THAT ARE NIP. YOU MAY SEND A HANDMADE ITEM IF YOU PAL STATES IN THE SURVEY SHE WOULD LIKE ONE!
(GO BY THEIR SURVEYS AND WISHLISTS)
4. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PAL RECEIVES IT BY 12/7.
5. HAVE FUN SHOPPING FOR YOU PAL!
Name & mailing addy:
Colors you like:
Colors you don’t like:
Embellishments you like or would like to try
Anything you’re working on right now
Size of paper preferred if any
Anything Handmade you would like to receive ie door hanger altered something (if you don't want any handmades at all please say so!!!)
Do you like sweets? If so what kind ie hard candy chocolate
Embellishments you don’t like/want
Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store)
Please list 10 items from your wishlist that you really want:
Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:
Anything else you’d like to share with your partner
package sent and confirmation posted
rec. gift from pal
2. savvy scrapper amie
4. andrea M
13. ScrapAngel 1 ZOILA