Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1598861)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Details: Welcome to the October Budget Challenge! We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month! Optional: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.
List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)
Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

Happy Scrapping!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Budget $100
Wishlist: Copic markers
Challenging myself to stay away from Cricut cartridges and stamps this month.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I'm here

My budget will be $75
Wish list - fairies digital kit, gingerbread recipe album stuff for the grandgirlies for Christmas

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in with a $50 budget. I have been so impulsive the last two months that I figured I had better cool it. I do have $250 (almost) of free $ to spend in a PayPal account from selling SU stamps if I get desperate, BUT the payment has to come out of that PP account and not a cc/cb/cash.

Only thing on wish list is Prima kit....

Thanks for hosting this month Tina!

Tammy, thank you for trying to keep us on the straight and narrow. Unfortunately it has not worked too well with me...... but I'm going to really really try this month!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

ah Sharon we still love you - at least you are aware of what you are spending and on what. AND you use your stuff!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm here. Going to set a budget of $50. It's really stupid to keep shopping when I can't even scrap, but I can't help myself. So can't wait to for the house to be finished and I can have my stuff and space again. I need to sniff paper and play with ink.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

just got a vision of Kelly walking around sniffing paper - I mean petting it I get, but sniffing it - just want kinda paper are you using sweetie!

linskin
Guru
linskin

I'm here... wish list sets of brown and black copic markers. budget $60.00... Still need adhesive

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to linskin

Tammy, I love the smell of fresh paper. It's better than warm chocolate chip cookies to me.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

well then go for it - at least it isn't illegal!

and Sonja incase you didn't see it in september
Sonja love - no bust - birthday money is like a gift or a gift certificate - it doesn't count - someone else paid for it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I was hoping you would check in again this month Kelly. It would drive me crazy not being able to play with my paper-crafting projects. I have started taking something to work on on vacation, even if it is just images to color. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have access for months at a time.
I can't say the smell is better than warm chocolate chip cookies but just having my hands on a project relieves stress.

Glad I got the last of my spending out of my system yesterday!! I didn't even thing about it when I went to M's with my DIL and purchased fiber paste and light molding paste!! Whew, that was a close one as it would have almost met my October budget at the beginning of the month!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

well there you go - new month, new attempt to stay within budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

oh save me from myself - Bo Bunny new lines - just released - oh my gosh!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I saw your note, Tammy, thank you!! I always like to check with the Loophole Monitor!

I still have bday money to spend at Expo, but I"m going to add it into my total for this month... also going to add the budget I am on for making baby shower deco. I know we don't normally count stuff made for others, but we are on such a tight budget, I am going to include it this month!

Budget: $150
Wishlist: Prima seashore line, resin embellies, Pioneer baby 'owl' album, Paper House Owl papers/embellies, BG alpha stickers, new Crafter's Workshop masks, Prima masks, pretty much anything I see I have to have!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

NO NO NO don't tell me about any paper coming out!!! And Bo Bunny to boot, not even going to look!! maybe.....

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, I'm pretty close to insanity at this point. I miss crafting so very much. It's torture having so many pretty things near me that I can not touch.

Sonja, that is quite a wish list!

Tammy, I saw the Bo Bunny release. I'm sad it seems they have done away with brads, but the film strip tape is pretty awesome. Pretty sure I need the new winter line.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

that is the one I really most like too Kelly but we don't enough winter here to warrant it.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

so... I can't remember
a) are we supposed to count magazine subscriptions
b) if we are did I in September

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I don't remember magazines ever coming up. I guess it's up to you Tammy.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

I don't know about magazines either, but I would go for not counting...... any easy one for me as I don't purchase them but once in a blue moon.
I did check out the Bo Bunny Christmas paper, fortunately the 12x12 pad is almost sold out, phew that was another close one!! By the time I can safely make another purchase they will be gone!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

End of day 3 and no $'s spent and not a burning desire to purchase anything although I am being to get an itch to shop some of our LSS's. Fortunately they are 45 minutes away so it take a little planning when heading out. I just might have to go by myself before the end of the year. Maybe before the end of October??

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Happy Saturday - well technically they aren't scrappy supplies and things hmmmm I don't know and I don't think classes should count either but I know Tina counts her class.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-04-14 01:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I ordered the weekend special from mycraftchannel $10.

I count classes, not sure why...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I think for awhile Tina that you and I were counting every single penny and it may be left over from that

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I've been thinking about it and I think since I really NEED nothing I count everything except adhesive and albums. Those I consider needs.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Tina, I'm beginning to think the same way! There is not a single thing that I truly need except adhesive and albums, all the rest is wants. Especially since I CAN make due with what is in my hoarded stash!!
The end of another day with no $'s spent, now if I can stay off line on Sunday I should be OK for another week. Since I picked up my first internet sent photos for printing today, I have plenty to occupy my time if I want to fiddle around with computer editing and ordering! NOW pictures for scrapping don't ever count in my book! The rest of the time I will use those new photos and scrap to use supplies!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

nope photos don't ever count

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Not much spending going on here so I have to celebrate each non spending day!! 25 more days to go!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

No spending over here yet either, although I'm making quite a wishlist of Memory Box Dies.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Well darn, I don't even have a wish list.......thats OK, I need a little restrain this month.
Kelly!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Happy Monday! Weather bites big time here - wind, rain and still dark at 6:53am.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Hey I hear you Tammy, and noticed that it gets dark here much earlier in the evening that what seems like just a few days ago!! We have been having wonderful weather though and the sun is well up before me!!

My budget is in big trouble tomorrow! I'm taking my DIL to the LSS in Alabama. I only go once or twice a year so............. I still have my full budget, at least for another day.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oh do have fun Sharon! And congrats you didn't bust before you went!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Thanks Tammy! It was close, yesterday I placed an order and just before I put in my payment, I backed out!! Now if they had taken PayPal I probably would have gone ahead and placed that order.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oooh so close - have fun tomorrow!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I've been watch the craft sale on HSN...nothing yet but I could easily spend a bundle.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

It is very fortunate for me that I had a bad experience with HSN.... impulsive buy - poor quality.... so I have not been temped by that program for many years. I refuse to look at it now as their products have probably changed for the better over the years. If I continue to convince myself that I won't like what I purchase then I'll be safe from that particular spending!! It's all a mind game!!

Cloverlady
Angel
Cloverlady
In response to Sewflake

Joining in late my budget is 150.00 becuase I am going to a weekend retreat with the kit club company I subscribe to and they might have some new goodies! I did spend 35.00 already on there new fall special edition kit. so 115.00 remaining. My last splurge before christmas shopping begins. Although I am starting out good this year so far ahead of the game the only people I have not purchased anything for yet are my niece and sister-in-law (I always go overboard and spoil my niece though)

Things I want are the new tag punch from Fiskers with eyelet setter (was good and did not buy from HSN) fold and cut punches from Martha Stewart and some spectrum noir markers or copic to use with ebrush I got for birthday last month. I only have three markers. I thing I will wait to buy anything on wish list till after first of year though so I do not get yelled at for having nothing on my list at Christmas. I keep trying to not exchange gifts but family insists. I do have a gift card form Michaels to uue though and a 20% off entire purchase coupon.

Edited by Cloverlady on 10-08-14 06:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Hi ladies! I'm checking in before the Expo to say I am still safe on my budget! (for now)

I got the goodies I ordered in this week so it was like I spent money! Also got my Halloween costume set up too and cannot WAIT to wear it Saturday night for the crop!!!

I will have to order the album and owl goodies when I get back, but at least my budget is still safe...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'm amazed Sharon still has money left! We're almost at, what? the middle of the month?!? ARe you feeling well, Sharon???

BTW, I got my first Color Bloom mist!!!!!! Gold Leaf - squeeee!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Whoo Hoo Sonja!! Can't wait to see what you do with the color bloom!

Got back from my shopping trip........ it was BAD! But I made out. OK, so I busted my scrapping budget but at least I spent more on clothes than on my scrapping supplies!! I only go clothes shopping twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall.

I was trying to be sooooo good this month Sonja but my DIL agreed to go to the Outlet mall which happens to be close to my favorite LSS. Whew, things have gotten so expensive (scrapping supplies) and those flowers and laser cuts add up fast!

This is what I could find here.......

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

OOo spoke too soon! LOL Sorry Sharon, but it looks like you made out pretty good!
Can't wait to see what you do with that wood piece!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I know, I should have fessed up last night I should be good for the rest of the month...... no more spending.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I didn't end up buying a thing from HSN and Copic class was canceled tonight so safe there too

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I'll believe that, Sharon... wait, no, I'm going to encourage you to hold out!
YOU CAN DO IT!!

Tina - wow, way to dodge that bullet!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

home from work trip - so my budget is still good. I don't even want to shop - how sad is that?

Nice haul Sharon and we all knew you were going to bust but it was a special occasion and you didn't bust before the shopping trip so that is a success!

Sonja, you were at expo and didn't bust? What is happening?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

okay it is Sunday and no shopping yet

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I'm waiting to hear how Sonja did at Expo!! I think she shopped before going to expo..... just wondering if she bought more yesterday? We want details!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

My budget is safe until that Bo Bunny paper is released and then all bets are off. Sonja, I want some of the Prima Blooms so badly, but I refuse to buy any more mists until I work through some of the 100+ bottles of Tattered Angels I have. Lord was I ever obsessed with Glimmer Mist.

Sharon, nice haul.

Hi Tammy, Hi Tina!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Good morning all!

Yes Kelly you were - so proud of you for recognizing but I hear you on the Bo Bunny!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hi ladies! Wow... what an exhausting weekend, and not in the way you all think.

I"m sorry to say I had to miss Expo on Saturday!!!! Had a family emergency that took priority so I had to cancel at the last minute. I was SO bummed, but family does come first so... And Expo was really nice about it, they tried to sell our Crop tickets, but couldn't so they are offering to transfer them to the Anaheim Expo in March. FIve more months to wait, but I suppose I'll live.

My budget is mostly safe, though my friend who did go picked up a couple of the Prima Bloom mists for me. I don't know a total yet, but I should see her this weekend and will update my budget then.

Kelly, I have quite a few TA mists too, but I'm trying to get the Prima ones in colors I don't already have. I believe she got me green, orange and copper, but don't know for certain. And thanks for the FB enabling, by the way!

So yes, sad I missed Expo, but I'll live. I am going to a crop next Saturday as a make-up and plan to get some serious scrapping done! Have about 40 more pictures I took at the pumpkin patch yesterday to scrap now - on top of all the others I wanted to do Saturday!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Hope the rest of you had a good weekend! Happy (belated) Canadian Thanksgiving to you, Tammy! (Even though you're across the pond now!)

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh Sonja I hope nothing too serious. Your pumpkin patch photos are adorable!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Nothing a little time and communication won't fix, Tammy!
And thank you! He had SO much fun!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Oh Sonja, I know how much you were looking forward to this Expo! But like you said, family is more important.
Fortunately or unfortunately for our budget, Expo comes around again, but dang it all, I was looking for a little company on this busted budget couch!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

well I doubt it will be me - I just don't have time for busting cause no time for shopping

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

LOL Sharon! Don't worry, I'll eventually join you. If my scrappy wishlist doesn't kill the budget, my baby shower spending will!

linskin
Guru
linskin
In response to SonjaC

Well I have been doing so so ... let's see.. I needed tape and walmart.com has the best price for score-tape but I had to get something else so 10. Then I hit the submit the button on one of my carts so minus 12. Had to get some oh so cute halloween stickers ,,, Minus 8. Needed some baby girl stickers because "lost" my others aka misplaced.. 60-30=35. I am doing pretty good, Although I want this magazine that may come home with me on Friday. However I used almost all of my score tape on a baby girl photo journal so back to walmart.com

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to linskin

acu here!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Keeping a low profile the rest of the month... I will keep checking in to see......

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

Went to HL and J's last night. Only bought new Cricut mats. I don't count them.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

yep they don't count - really you can't use your cricut without them.

now Sharon WHY are you keeping a low profile?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Because I can't spend!!!!! Anymore over my budget!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sonja, I'm so sorry you missed the Expo, and I hope everything is ok. Just think, now you can get some cute fall paper with your Expo money.

I want to shop, but I'm holding strong. I did order some cute little bitty mini camera dies, but they were only $6.50. I just really, really want my stuff...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

oh I know what itty bitty camera dies those are and I want them too but...shipping - can you say bank it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Hats off to you Kelly and everyone for keeping their budget! I need a bigger budget?? If I had to pay such high shipping fees then I'm sure I would say bank it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Well I spent! And spent... and spent... *gulp*
Most if not all was for the shower, though I get the benefit of keeping the leftovers! My what a handy loophole that is... if I wasn't counting everything! LOL!

Went to the crop Saturday and spent the whole time on the Cricut cutting things out and making 40 little owls, 3 medium-sized and 2 large owls, flower confetti (way more fun than I thought), a rosette banner and 12 thank-you cards. No personal scrapping, but at least I was creating.

So I had to buy the things I used, which turned out to be a couple double-dot papers (in a shocking color of pink), three packs of ribbon (pink, naturally), girly paper pack (erm... pink obviously), flower pack in bright pinks (gasp!), greens, blues and purples and the card pack. I also found 'conveniently' a few Halloween things that were clearanced - 4 packs of washi tape, two packs of clothes pins and a little roll of owl ribbon.

THEN I ordered on here the album (at last!), coordinating papers and embellies and FINALLY, finally the Prima Seashore pack, resins and metal pieces I wanted to snag at Expo. I did hear sort of good news on missing the Expo while at the crop. Someone said they didn't find very much good stuff and the booths seemed generally sparce. So I don't feel too bad about missing out, although I still wanted the 18-hours' craft time! Grrr, oh well! Here's my updated budget!

Budget: $150-22-25-67=$36 HA! NOT busted!!
Wishlist: Prima seashore line, resin embellies, Pioneer baby 'owl' album, Paper House Owl papers/embellies, BG alpha stickers, new Crafter's Workshop masks, Prima masks, pretty much anything I see I have to have!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Quite the shopping spree and still didn't bust!! YEA for you Sonja! Bet those will b the cutest little owls ever!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Yeah for not busting!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

They totally are! Not to brag or anything, Sharon! LOL!

Went back to M's again today... I got a couple floral bunches and $1 flowers to deco the cake, but I'm not going to count them yet because we don't know if we're going to use them. I'll update that next Monday. I DID stay away from the scrappy aisle, though it was really hard cuz Halloween stuff was 60% off!

Have more Cricut stuff to cut tonight (tried last night and realized I left the cable in my friend's Cricut! So I picked that up today from her and will finish the cuts tonight. Food in the crockpot so dinner is D.O.N.E!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Look at Sonja shopping away and yet not busting. You rock.

Tammy, those little camera dies are the bestest things ever. They are so darned cute. Can't wait to use them, and BANKIT it the other best thing ever. It's seriously genius.

I am busting at the bit to get my hands on that BoBunny Altitude. Hurry up already and release it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

I must not be a very good shopper, I don't find exceptional sales often enough to not bust my self imposed budget! Maybe I should become a digital scrapper then I can find 1 and 2 dollar deals! Oh quit complaining and enjoy the supplies I did purchase this month, which I am doing with 3 layouts that needs to be posted.
Time to clean my desk to get ready for the next layout.
I don't know how you are able to hold up Kelly, I would be going bonkers if I did not have access to my crafting supplies for as long as you have been without. I can't even go on vacation without at something to scrap or the very least something to color.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Kelly - I love that Altitude too!

Ladies home from the hospital and surgery went well - just awaiting the biopsy results now.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hells bells, WHY did I Google that BB Altitude line?!? JUST for that ski patrol page, I will sacrifice my budget... Add in those cute stamp stickers and the filmstrip pack and I'm a goner!

Sharon, HOW can you take your stuff on vacation??? I tried that once on our 10-day road trip and only took it out and pushed the papers around once! Of course my 'vacations' usually consist of shoving every possible thing we can do into however many days we're out of town! And my last few vacations have just been flying home to Seattle. For $20 per bag, my stuff stays the heck home!

Kelly, I feel for you, really I do! I have only been getting crafty the last few days for the shower on Saturday that I"m hosting. Otherwise, my stuff just sits there gathering dust. It's as sad as it would be if it was all in storage! I feel your pain, girl... Be strong, you're doing so well!! (And the house looks great!)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay Tammy wait... WHAT biopsy?! WHAT surgery??? Did I miss a post somewhere?!?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol maybe or maybe not Sonja.

surgery - two little nasty little [email protected]#%%@#$ removed from my inside girlie bits and a biopsy - I am home, resting comfortably and the surgeon told me that I shouldn't worry nothing looked like it was anything to worry about.

I love that Altitude and immediately thought of my fave ski bunny!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OH whew! That's good to hear then! Glad everything went well and hopefully toe doc surgeon was right! Was it much different at a UK hospital versus Canada? (Speaking of Canada... did you see the news?!? OMG....)

Awwww, Would that ski bunny be li'l ol' moi???

Heavens, I miss skiing....

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

yes I saw the news and I have spent time there - and the soldier that died was guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier at the War Memorial from the photo I saw.

I have been there for a remembrance day ceremony with the guns saluting. It is a moving place - now it will be even more so.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-22-14 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy glad you are home and doing well.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Thanks hun. the waiting is the hardest part!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Tammy, glad there is promising news so far on your tests.

The news in Canada is horrific, I mean everyone loves Canada, or so I thought!! Shocking!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I haven't had the tv or radio on. I've missed that. So sad.

I have Copic class tomorrow night...just saying...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tammy, glad you are home recovering, and that your doc thinks everything looks good.

Sonja, I want every little bit of that Altitude line. I love it, and this is my first year with snow. I've waited so long to buy snow paper.

Sharon, if I could scrap, I'm sure I would have busted already. I'm hopeless.

Tina, have a great time at class.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

so what did the copic class end up costing you Tina?

I too love that whole line Kelly!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

actually Sonja cover your ears until you are sitting down.

I have a cart full of stuff over at another site and we are, if I am up to it, going to the Christmas craft show at the SECC where I may just end up splurging on my Cricut Explore and who knows what else - I plan to look for gingerbread Christmas papers and stuff but I am preparing myself to bust - maybe for the rest of the year.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Whoo Hoo, I'm rooting for you Tammy!!! OH WAIT, I'm suppose to be encouraging you to NOT bust but with an Explore on the line................ then you will need a few things to play with!!

Tina is usually good at her Copic classes and doesn't often spend over her budget. Guess we will fine out tomorrow..

I think I went shopping this week, let my brain think back to what I bought........ oh yes a paper trimmer and gloss gel for photo transferring. I'm waiting for my first project to dry (15 hours into it) then see what I can do with the image. I can already tell I need more practice!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Kelly, with you and Jorganne out of commission I'm here all alone in bustville. By the way has anyone heard how Jorganne is doing?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I haven't heard anything yet.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Well ladies, I came home an hour early from work with a terrible stomach so didn't go to Copic class.
My cousin wants me to go to the scrapbooking store tomorrow tho. She needs track papers.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

oh no feel better soon Tina.

This recuperating is not good...I have carts full of stuff all over the place. Of course no buttons pushed as I am waiting until after Sunday to see if I can go on sunday to the craft show here and buy in person (nothing beats being able to touch and feel).

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Sorry you didn't get to participate in your class Tina!!

I have a free shipping coupon that expires tonight and when I started to fill a cart, most of the stuff I wanted was sold out........ wish I had a coupon with no expiration date, right now is not a good time to buy!! The budget police (DH) keeps an eye on all incoming packages wondering what I have spent $ on now!! SOOOO I haven't pushed any buttons either, in fact I emptied my cart so as not to temp me! I think it's all on my wish list.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Okay what have they done with our Sharon and who is this imposter??

linskin
Guru
linskin

I didn't spend anything this week... finally found my desk after putting together a small baby girl journal photo album. I received some ooos and awas when Brittney opened her gift. The lady I sat beside told me "I want one" felt good

I want to go to a crop or an expo.,.. I feel I am all alone with no friends in real life to share my passion or is it obsession. I want to go to a copic class. I want to go to any class.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to linskin

ah Linda - hugs! So glad your gift was well received.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I AM trying to be good this month!! But it's not working!! I just haven't told you of all the goodies that have made it into my stash, like that Prima kit I get each month!! And here I thought that would be my sole purchase for October!! Did I mention the paper trimmer, yes I did!
I'm way over budget again!! Nothing coming this week or purchased for later delivery for that matter!

Is that baby album in your gallery Linda?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

paper trimmer doesn't count - it is a necessity - and I am needing a new one - grrrrr I hate when they don't cut straight.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

When it comes to trimming paper it HAS to be straight otherwise it's time to kick it to the curb!!

One of the reasons I purchased an actual trimmer, I have been using a rotary cutter, ruler, and mat to cut all my paper and pictures for years. I think I have changed the blade only once and that was with another used blade (previously for fabric) but my thick acrylic rulers have so many nicks and sliver gouges out of the sides that I'm finding my papers are not as straight as they use to be, plus when I am cutting a thin slice (anything under an inch) from one edge the paper tends to slip slightly at the tail end.

This is similar to what I have been using but mine is Olfa brand and years old.
The trimmer is the one I just got.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

yes I have one of the tonic ones like that fiskars and I am not happy - the blade was too tight in the groove and it started slicing tiny bits of the edges off so not 100% straight anymore - I hate spending that kind of money.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

So I spent $12 today on some albums (on sale) for the recipe books and a digital bingo card stamp so I could make some Halloween bingo cards. Big spender...

My budget will be $75-$12=$63
Wish list - fairies digital kit, gingerbread recipe album stuff for the grandgirlies for Christmas

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-26-14 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I am still good and not spending. I haven't been to my lss in a while now.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics