Username Post: Are there any 5" x 7" Dies?        (Topic#1599805)
NorskyGal
Resident
NorskyGal

I'm pretty new to die cutting and was wondering if there are any dies that are 5" x 7"? I'd rather use a die to cut paper than my not-so-always-accurate paper cutter.
I've looked at Sets A & B of the 'matting basics' dies of Spellbinders and neither set cuts an exact 5" x 7".

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to NorskyGal

Hi! Yes, the only really large dies that I am aware of are the Grand Nestabilities Collections by Spellbinders. I have several of these sets. That is one reason I have a Grand Calibur because it's maybe the only machine that will cut these (except for the new Ebosser?) I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly. Some of them are almost 8 inches. I hope this helps!
Products Referenced in This Post:

NorskyGal
Resident
NorskyGal
In response to CrimsonMama

Hi CrimsonMama. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me query. However, I'm looking for a die to cut a 5" x 7" mat. I looked at some of the rectangle dies in your reply and none of them cut an exact 5" x 7". Do you know if there is a die that cuts to that size? It seems like it should be out there somewhere...

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to NorskyGal

Yup you are right about that. Well hmmmmmm, maybe what you really need is a better paper trimmer. What are you using if I may ask?

I have two, one for cutting 12x12 papers and I have a small guillotine 9 inch bypass that I use for cutting mats and trimming photos. Had to get used to that and where the blade falls but I love it now. The larger trimmer needs blade replacement and whatever the thingy is that the blade hits and cuts into. So it's nice to have the 9 inch which needs no sharpening and that saves on replacements for the bigger one. Also easy to move it around on the desk for cutting mats and smaller stuff.

NorskyGal
Resident
NorskyGal
In response to CrimsonMama

Well, I have 2 trimmers. One is a very cheap, cruddy little one I've had for 7+ years. The other--that's mainly my husband's, but of course I can use it, too--is a really good one that we got for cropping photos. However, it sits under the cabinet on the floor cuz it's a bigger one.

I thought for sure there had to be a die I could use, but I guess I'll have to resign myself to using a trimmer/cutter.

Thank you for your help though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics