Username Post: South African Scrappers March        (Topic#1602427)
Tilla
Tilla 
Resident
Tilla
  • Tilla on 03-04-15 08:06 AM

O ! So here is a new thread if anyone wants to chat !
Hobby Ex this weekend and hoping there will be some nice new goodies available or at least a couple of bargains !
Anyone here check out the new Big Picture Classes site ? Looks like fun and also fairly affordable - well at the moment. I guess if we want to keep this hobby going we will have to contribute in some way ? Any thoughts ?
On a very happy note - I finally received my parcels from Studio Calico - I had given up hope and as SC could not supply me with a tracking number, they refunded me for one of the parcels - so bonus ! I did let them know that I had got them, but she could not reverse the refund. Amazingly enough most of the product was still in mint condition too.
So I need to get some photos edited and printed so I can scrap !
Hope you are well and scrapping if not chatting !

Tenant
In response to Tilla

Hi, Tilla, Hi all. I am very glad to hear you received your kits- what a relief that must have been. Coincidentally, I have just received a notification on a long-lost (non-scrapping) parcel from the USA too. As I had written it off, I am very pleased.

I am probably going to call in at Hobby-X tomorrow a.m. so I will look out for you- you never know. If you are interested in the latest Tim stuff, it has just come in, mine arrived per courier earlier. Not sure of the TOU, so won't type the shop in here

Scrap on!

Tilla
Tilla 
Resident
Tilla
  • Tilla on 03-06-15 07:57 AM
In response to ScrapsontheRocks

Hi Jen ! So did you go to Hobby Ex ? I must say I was underwhelmed but still managed to spend a fair amount of money ! Nothing new there - just more stalls selling the same stuff. Lots of electronic cutting machines, laser cutters and 3d printers.
Scrapping wise there was really nothing exciting or new - got some paper and embellishments at good prices though. Really thought that some one would have had some planners and related goodies for sale, but obviously not many people into that yet.

Tenant
In response to Tilla

Thanks Tilla! My plans changed and I have just returned from H-X. Thanks for the heads up- for the rest of the Peazas (if you are reading but not chatting) Tilla was spot-on. In years past I have avoided saturday attendance whenever possible; not bad at all today.

Best stall for me was Hillcrest Art Supplies from Shan's hometown- their first trip up, very good prices on all Ranger stuff, definitely put the Jo'burg prices in context!

prilqod
Resident
prilqod

Hi All

Sorry I have been MIA. Just been busy this side. My mom had knee replacement surgery on Friday and I had club championships both days of the weekend so did not get to HobbyX. I am sure my bank account is happy.

How is everyone? Can we arrange a Saturday coffee meetup Jen and Tilla? Looks like the classes are just not going to happen but maybe we can get together for just an hour or 2?

Tenant
In response to prilqod

Hi, Cilla, nice to see you. Firstly, hope your Mom is on the mend. I would like to meet up, for a scrappy class or just to chat. Have a funeral o'seas on the 20th, if you and T get together before then enjoy, I will make a point of joining you for the next one.

Anyone considering the July event at Helderfontein? I am not a mainstream Prima scrapper, normally beautiful but too girly for me, am told this one will be more techniques, neutrals, mixed media. If you hear any buzz, please pass on. Thank you and keep safe.

New Kid On the Block

Hi Tilla, Cilla and Jen.

So nice to be chatting again. Things have been quite busy around here. Cuan was battling with completing classwork and so added to his homework he had classwork to complete. We were doing homework until 9pm!! So I got him a tutor who goes to the school and supervises his homework and helps consolidate the day's work. When he gets home he reads to me and we do spelling words. The teacher kept complaining about his lack of focus and poor concentration so he is on Ritalin. There's always some story or the other about Ritalin - I've either read it all or heard it before. BUT the pros for Cuan outweigh the cons. On day 2 of the medication, the teacher e-mailed that he finished his work and managed to answer all questions in the maths quiz. AND he received a certificate of achievement in assembly on Thursday!! So proud. His stomach cramps are easing and his appetite is improving. So will keep him on until he cannot manage the side-effects.
Cehaan goes to theatre on Tuesday to have the pins from his arm removed. He is quite anxious. It's a half day procedure and he'll be back home by the evening.
My brother bought my eldest a car last week. She is going to pay him back. She's overjoyed not having to rely on us for transport.
Andy is doing really well in her teaching course. It's a calling and she is definitely in the right profession. Really proud of her.
My babies are getting too big and I have been asked (not very politely) by Lesi to stop calling her Choonkoo because her name is Aulesia!! She was having a bad day, I suppose.
Aurelia is swimming very well. Very graceful in the water, like a mermaid.

On the scrapping front - I have scrapped!!! Not enough to make a sizeable dent in my stash but I have scrapped. I have learned some techniques using embellishments. Quite pleased with that first conscious effort.
Booked a mixed media class in May with Svetlana Austin. Looking forward to me-time.

Helping Cuan with a project on the wild fig tree.

Chat soon.
xoxo
Shan

Tilla
Tilla 
Resident
Tilla
  • Tilla on 03-16-15 03:40 AM
In response to shanantha

Hi there ! So nice to see some activity on the forum here !
Cilla - I still think we should try for a class somewhere - there seems to be loads if options available once you start looking !
Jen - I am sure we will only manage sometime in April or even May - but then you will be heading off again on a nicer trip ?
Anyway - I will send a mail to see if we can get it together !
I am booked for the Helderfontein weekend event - did enjoy last year and seeing that I am not doing the SASC2015 this will be my only treat this year. I am also not a huge Prima scrapper, but always good to experience somehing new.
Shan - sounds like you have had a busy year so far but that things are going well despite the ups and downs !
I finally have a new PC with all my programs up and running - so need to edit large batches of photos to get printed for scrapping - yeah !
Need to but some albums to get pages into - so that is the next mission - good ones from WRMK are now over R600 - yikes !

prilqod
Resident
prilqod
In response to Tilla

Hi all

Jen sorry to hear that you need to go to a funeral. My condolences. Let us know when you are back and we can make a plan

Tilla I hear you re the albums. I love the WRMK ones but am struggling to find them. I need aqua and black so let me know if you manage to track down stock of them. When us the helderfontein event?

Shan your busy life never seems to calm down! So glad you got to scrap.

I have been scrapping and I'm fact finished the last of my batch of photos today so now am preparing the next lot. Have put some pics in my gallery.
My sister has booked to attend the Cape Town scrapbookex with me. I am so excited

Tilla
Tilla 
Resident
Tilla
  • Tilla on 03-21-15 08:57 PM
In response to prilqod

Hi Cilla - so nice that your sister is going to scrap with you on Cape Town !
The Helderfontein event is at the end of July - they have 2 days in the week or 2 over a weekend. I think the Prima guy is Frank Garcia that is coming. All the details are listed under events for Scrapbook Studio in Jbay.
I only know one supplier of WRMK here in SA - scrapadoodles, I started off buying all gray albums, but they don't seem to carry all the colours, so now I just take what I can get. Also picked up a Doodlebug album for R200 at Hobby Ex - should have bought all three they had there, as they fit the PL and WRMK sleeves just as well ! Will keep a look out for those too. I have a shelf full of cheap post bound albums - all full, so I am not too fussy ! One day I would love to transfer them all to ring files, but not at the current exchange rate !
I have about 100 photos to print - hoping that my local shopping centre will not be loadshedded today !

Tilla
Tilla 
Resident
Tilla
  • Tilla on 03-27-15 08:05 PM
In response to Tilla

Yeah its back ! Not sure if any one noticed our thread / forum disappeared for a bit ? I reported some spam posts, but it also looks like they gave the site a new look, so not sure what caused the problem.
Off to a scrap class this morning with my friend I have not seen in 3 years ! She is always very busy - so whenever she books a class with my scrap teacher - to whom I introduced her, I try to go too - even with having my daughter's birthday party this afternoon 😄
We are just doing movies and frozen yoghurt - so super easy !
Anyway - will send out mail if I can manage to let you all know we are back on the forum.
Happy scrapping !

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics