Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: April Budget Challenge        (Topic#1611141)
Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Welcome to the 2015 April Budget Challenge!
Details:
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!
OPTIONAL: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Happy Scrapping!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

We had plenty of enabling going on last month and I expect more of the same this month. With that in mind and expected retail therapy in a few days, I will be setting my budget at $200 for the month. I don't want to bust....again!!

What I can not buy this month***
Cricut Explore
machine/tool of any kind.... Cricut cartridges don't count but they are not on my want list, today!

Want*** I will have to give it some thought as there is nothing I need that would counts toward budget.

Updating want list.
Bo Bunny Garden Journal and Heritage journaling cards, Prima - timeless memories collection

Edited by Sewflake on 04-01-15 09:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Naturally I'm in!

Budget: $50***
Wishlist: Crafter's Workshop templates, MME Jubilee papers/embellies, BG Aurora & Second City papers, AC Stitched thickers, Prima light blue & white chalkboard paint, Disney chipboard words, Reminisce Train pprs

***TWIST: Complete 5 projects before spending!
No Ms or Js stops!

Edited by SonjaC on 04-01-15 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

My thinking is it took me all month to complete the 6 projects I did complete so maybe I won't be able to spend this month...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Did you see this???

And I just bought new standard size!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Scrappy machines are the same as other technology... sooon as you buy it, it's obsolete and there's something newer out!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I a here and I may need to readjust my budget when I have had a proper think about it but for now we will say £200

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

That new big shot makes me upset. I just bought the other one last Saturday.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Setting my budget at $100.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Sorry to hear of your cut finger Tammy. Sounds like a it might have been a bad one!! Hope your fingers get typing soon!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

I'm here - setting my budget to $50. I don't want to spend a lot because I want to wait and see what baby is so I can tailor my purchases in May to the gender! Hehe! Plus I still have gift cards to use up! Will have to think on my wish list.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

my wishlist for April will include the following:
MDS Digital stamp brushes and punches
Any SU retiring dies, punches I just need to have

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

my wishlist for May is started - dear me - don't know if you know but Tina is a CTMH consultant here and I just checked out the new quarterly product catalogue - I see some MUST HAVE NOW items or I will die - there is adorable world map stamp and a few other goodies I will be ordering.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

And the enabling has already begun...

I'm in. Budget is $50. I'd like to spend less. I need to think long and hard on my wish list.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly do you have any of the "jewellry" for the Prima Doll stamps? Just curious?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

This month is going to be a hoot with Tammy's MUST HAVE NOW items.
I guess I better not get too righteous until I see how Saturday goes!! Everyone knows my weaknesses!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oh Sharon, I have very strong will power to hold out one month to the next with only my planned purchases!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

You mean I am one of the weak ones here?? Well it's true! Shoot I was hoping for a Tammy bust this month....... no no I didn't say that!
Willpower huh, thats what it takes? Hum wonder were mine (willpower) went?? Found it

Guess I better get scrapping!! No purchases yet!

Not a single purchase yet ladies? But then it is only the 3rd day.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
my wishlist for May is started - dear me - don't know if you know but Tina is a CTMH consultant here and I just checked out the new quarterly product catalogue - I see some MUST HAVE NOW items or I will die - there is adorable world map stamp and a few other goodies I will be ordering.

I agree there are some fantastic new items.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

It is too cold and windy to leave the house. I may need to shop online today.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Sounds like a safe bet to me Tina!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Sewflake

Helloooooo ladies :). Remember me??? You will all be shocked to know that I really haven't been spending much! Well on craft supplies!! Lol. I was laying here and thought about you ladies, so I wanted to stop in and say hello.

I want to get back to sb.com!!! Lol. Addie is doing great and is almost 2 years old!! Where does the time go? Lol.

Anywho.....hi ladies xoxox I am going to set my budget to $50!

My wish list is winks of Stella! Omg I need every color

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Courtney, welcome back! Taking a hiatuses from scrapping when you have a new little one is to be expected. Especially when they get to walking and talking stage. It's when you are a new grandma that scrapping swings into overtime mode and lasts for years!! I'm sure you have lots and lots of pictures to work with!

I'm headed off to LSS (45 miles away) for a shopping day with my DIL (she is a new grandma) so wish me luck that I don't bust my budget in one day!!
Now I will have to look for those winks of Stella IRL just to see what all the buzz is about. I have seen them talked about before and added to a few layouts here. I don't need any, I don't need any.........

Will be looking for a finished page Courtney.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Hi Courtney!!! Welcome home!

no scrappy spending for me yet!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I would suggest you buy the clear wink to get started

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I agree with Tina - I got one as a gift and I love it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I had a marvelous time shopping yesterday. I did not bust my budget which isn't saying much as I set it high for April. I found some wonderful items but the main things I was looking for were either sold out or they didn't carry that collection.
I was looking for the noteworthy journal cards for the Bo Bunny Heritage and Garden Journal collections, then I checked out the wink of Stella, well those were all sold out except colors I didn't thing I would ever use besides I have all the at you spica pens from Copic and I can't see much difference in the use of one over the other. That being said I have not actually seen how wink of Stella is used.
I did get some of the BB glitter paste as I would rather use a stencil anyway. I'm not sure I will like how glittery it is..... we shall see!

Do I really have to tell how much I spent?? Even when it is far below what I usually spend when making the 50 mile trip?? I had just as much fun shopping at the outlet mall that is 1/2 mile down the road from the scrapbook store. Only went to one store but two outfits for summer. Then we ate lunch, which was right beside the sb store and because I looked at paper my DIL purchased and I didn't see in the store, we stopped again for Teresa Collins papers.

All in all a good week end!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Courtney, welcome back!!! Do you have any Wink of Stella pens yet? I love them! I only have three, but I find the clear is the most versatile.

I went to Tuesday Morning to look for something for the house, and of course I took a peek at the scrappy section. Oh dear. They had so many EP collection packs, plus Carta Bella, and Chickaniddy collection packs and embellies. I think when all is said and done, I was a pretty good girl. I picked up 2 EP collection packs and 1 Chickaniddy collection pack plus the brads. I wanted to buy one of everything, but some how managed to restrain myself. Total spent for all, $21.00 Too good a deal to pass up.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Prices were amazing. Chickaniddy was $4.99, EP was $5.99, brads were $1.99 each.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Oh dear is right, Kelly! GREAT deals there!

COURTNEY!!!!! About time we see your smiling face (Okay, Addie's smiling face) on here! I still can't believe she's almost 2, but then I can't believe Carlo is almost 3! Or that I'm almost 6 months along with baby sister! So glad to have you back!!!

WOW Sharon! Seriously good haul! And you didn't bust yet???

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Okay, I wasn't sure if I would admit this, but I've been baaaaaaaad... and I'm busted...

I took advantage of the free shipping over the weekend to make a big dent in my wish list so it's not staring me in the face the rest of the month. (I only spent $55, I swear!! Oh balls... plus the zulily deal I couldn't pass up on... the MME Market Street paper pack was $6.99 and the washi $4.99, honestly how could I pass that up?!?) I did complete one page before shopping, but I'm doubling my twist up for the rest of the month and giving myself ZERO shopping options until I meet that twist.... As my son says.... Mommy I'm giving you a ticket for going too fast! You need a time out!

Budget: BUST $50 - NO MORE sPeNdInG***!
Wishlist: Crafter's Workshop templates, MME Jubilee papers/embellies, BG Aurora & Second City papers, AC Stitched thickers, Prima light blue & white chalkboard paint, Disney chipboard words, Reminisce Train pprs

***TWIST: Complete 10 projects before spending! No M's, Js, sb.com, evilbay, Cherry on Top, SMS or discount stores!!!

On top of all that my evilbay and zulily orders from last month are coming in so I'm seeing what a baaaaad Mommy I've really been.... Please give me a time out at my scrappy table, Carlo!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sharon, you got some awesome stuff. I'm dying to try that glitter paste, so I expect a full review.

Sonja, you are busted already? Well done!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

It feels so GOOD to be bad!! That is quite a haul yourself Sonja. A good thing you didn't post this last night as I was tempted to take advantage of the free shipping too, but after the shopping trip I had it even made me feel guilty even thinking about it!! But oh I wanted to so bad......... there will be another time but then the minimum is usually not that low!!

I am getting ready to use that glitter paste on a winter page, first I have to find pictures I want to use, I already have the paper picked out! If that does not pan out I will color some modeling paste and add the glitter paste and use the new sea creature stencil to make a beach page!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I would have totally caved on the EP paper Kelly.

I had several things in my j cart but the item I wanted most didn't qualify for the coupon so I didn't cave.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Good morning - Happy Tuesday!

A girl goes away for a few days and look at the shopping that is incurred. Looks like some great deals were had though.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
It feels so GOOD to be bad!!!

BWAHAHAHA! YES IT DOES!!! OH yes....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

okay so pulled the trigger last night on an SU order - doing it in small batches because I didn't have enough anyway to get hostess gifts so £46 down that leaves me 200-46=154 left.

I got some digital stamps and a set of framelits that were on sale - squares.

Today is the new weekly deals and there are a few more- just hate paying the handling charge but I want a few so it will be worth it. I suspect the stuff on weekly deals right now will be on the retirement list later this month so I want to get the stuff I want as it comes up.

Happy Hump Day all.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

And Tammy has dipped her toe in the pool. Come on in Tammy, the water is warm.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Yes the water is warm Tammy but for me it is going to have to get cold! I sit here watching the UPS truck and mailman go by every day with no stops at my house, not and for the foreseeable future!!!
We went for another consult on our bathroom remodel and for everything I want I will have to go on a very tight (down to necessities) budget! And they won't even start until the end of May!
I have enough new stuff to keep me happy and scrapping for a long time, I just better not see anything I NEED TO HAVE!

Here I sit...... no shopping

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, my friend, I realize this will be hard for you. That being said, you are my fellow squirrel. You have plenty of nuts to survive the long, hard winter. When your bathroom is finished, shiny new nuts will be awaiting purchase.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

And just because it's spring, it doesn't mean it's too early to start gathering nuts for the hard winter ahead. I just popped over to ACOT and saw they had all the new kaisercraft collections up. I picked up the Oh So Lovely collection pack and die cuts and the Antique Bizarre pack and die cuts. And with that I am busted. Move over Sonja. No more shopping for the rest of the month. Maybe. No, I mean it. No more shopping. Probably. Whatever.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

lol I love you guys!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Having fellow squirrels helps with the lean times! If nothing else at least a good laugh. You have some pretty lean times while you were moving Kelly. Guess you have had first hand knowledge of all the horded nuts!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Knew I wouldn't be lonely on this ol' couch for long! *pats cushion* Have a seat Kelly! We have lattes and cookies!

I scrapped again last night! (Couldn't sleep... this back and forth between night owl and narcoleptic zombie is killing me!) Of course last night, when I went to bed late and took forever to fall asleep... THAT's the night Carlo wakes up twice over! Clinging to my cup this morning...

On the bright side, really happy with the page I did!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

WELL (she huffs, only because she is old ) if there is lattes and cookies I will have to consider busting! Wait a minute......... virtual cookies are not as tasty as IRL and busting will not get me that new bathroom!!
Reverse my spot for late summer!

Is there napping on your agenda today Sonja? Headed off to see if you have your page posted.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

LOL!! I totally heard my mom in that Huff, Sharon! (her name is Sharon too actually! HA!) Yep, cookies and lattes won't get you your bathroom - virtual or otherwise! Won't get me my house either, but it's too late now! hehehe

No... haven't posted yet... but you're so sweet to go looking! Getting ready to do the one I finished Monday night, but will have to wait until my goodies arrive from sb.com tomorrow before I finish last night's creation.

Speaking of... I need to go browse your gallery too... Your last couple orders had things in them I'm dying to see how they work!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

If you don't see that I have used one of those items being used, let me know and I will see what I can come up with. You are so kind to check it out.

I do want to use the glitter paste again, I "diluted" it with modeling paste when adding to my Christmas page and it did not show up as well as I would have liked.

I am dieing to use the sea creature stencil but have no pic's or paper yet. I do have that other stencil (don't know name) in a layout kit so maybe I will pull that out today and start!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

I live scrap vicariously through you, Sharon!

Use the sea creature on a card for now so you can play with it!

I should talk... all the goodies I've gotten of late and I have yet to use them!

Edited by SonjaC on 04-09-15 10:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Lattes and cookies=YUM! Although I'm a wretched insomniac, so I need a triple espresso more than a latte. Sonja, if you weren't preggers I'd make you one as well.

Sharon, Sonja is right. Make a sea creature card. I'd love to see what you come up with. Or you can make a tag or a journal page. Just play. Whenever I have something new and nothing to scrap with it, it becomes a tag. I love making tags.

Sadly I fear I'm worse than you both. I bought a ton of stuff this month and have only made one page in the last 4 weeks. ONE PAGE. I'm all about mixed media right now. I can usually squeeze in some paper or a trinket into a journal, but this last page was all acrylics with a hint of Wink of Stella. At this rate I could live to 150 and not run out of paper.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

There is something about making do that just don't sit with me anymore. I guess it's my age and not wanting to "waste time" making something I won't use when I have soooo many pictures that need to be scrapped before I go....... Great suggestions.

I have been wanting to play with that sea creature stencil and it's not like I don't have pictures and paper I can use (we live close to the gulf) I just didn't have anything picked out yet.
I found pictures to work with to try playing with in preparation for some new photos I want to take off Facebook of my grand-kids and GGS. They just moved to town this week (from Michigan) and went to the beach yesterday. They took some wonderful photos which I want to nab/edit and have printed.

Working with older photos now!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I hear you Sharon, I just have way too much stuff sitting around (even in the attic) and it just doesn't feel right to even do challenges that don't fit my projects anymore just for the sake of doing it.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Good morning, I have that sea creature layout done, I'm just waiting till the sun comes up so I can take a picture. While I am waiting I will work on a companion page, but first I'm headed to the kitchen for coffee!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have my laundry going and the sun popped out for a few minutes (suppose to rain most of the day) so I grabbed a quick shot as the sun was coming up.

Seashore Bum By Sewflake

As you can see the stencil is a might big for cards. I would have preferred the 6x6 but out of stock. No matter this one will work for scrap pages too. I put glitter paste on the fins of the sea horse. It doesn't show well but you can see a hint of shine.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, that is fantastic. Pretty sure I need to have that glitter paste now. It's divine!

The beaches on the gulf are so beautiful. My hubby is making murmurs of transferring us to Florida. We'd either end up near Orlando (where I'd want to go since it's close to my mother) or near Fort Walton Beach (where he wants to go since it's not near my mother). HA!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Yes the gulf water is beautiful and so are the beaches here on the west side! Fort Walton is about 45 minutes from me and close to the water!! Orlando is much further away as you know and not so much in the path of hurricanes!
You just got settled in....... I'm sure you don't want to leave anytime soon!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

that is gorgeous Sharon! Just checking in quickly and can't leave love on actual gallery here at work.

Kelly you just moved and built a house. Florida is humid humid humid!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Oh Sharon how LOVELY!!! LOVE that ppr so much, but I can't find it anymore! It's so perfect for lazy beachy days!
You're right, that stencil is a big large for cards, but it is so perfect for pages!! And I'm pretty sure I have to have that glitter paste now too.. and I typically avoid glitter like my laundry!

Kelly, bet it'll be a lo-ONG time before you talk him into moving again... Esp now that you're settled in that lovely house (with all it's creepy winter visitors... *shudder* ) Just enjoy the actual seasons for a while before you head south again!

My sb.com order should arrive today! I can finish my other page and get on to some new ones!

I have a confession to make though.... I met a friend for lunch yesterday and she 'conveniently' forgot to tell me the restaurant was right next to an LSS in Burbank!
Wellll I rarely get over there so I went in with her and browsed a bit... didn't get much, but I did find a couple easter papers and a baseball diecut that I can use for my Sports Challenge pages. Spent $10 more and THAT IS IT, I SWEAR!!!!

Edited by SonjaC on 04-10-15 08:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Ugh! I'm so bummed!! I got my order and turns out that Jewel Blue chalkboard paint I ordered isn't anywhere nearly that light color it is in the picture - if you look really close in the photo the jar actually says 'Egg Blue' anyway, but I didn't see that because I was basing my choice off the photo and the color match... Its actually much darker than even the Sea Breeze color! We're talking that Deep Teal color!

Kind of excited to try it, but realy wanted that pale blue (okay I really wanted the Sea Breeze, but it's been out of stock for months...)!! Just bummed....

Edited by SonjaC on 04-10-15 02:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I was looking at that paint too but now that I know it's not as light as it appears here it does not appeal to me as much. It's too bad you can't depend on the color match. I'm sure you will make something stupendous with your new stuff!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Happy Weekend - and look at the bright side Sonja - you always have an excuse to buy the one you really want whenever it is in stock.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I just spent £6 on some digital kits and ordered a whole whack of freebie ones too. Freebies is good.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Hi ladies! Looks like you are all busy spending away! I forgot to mention last weekend I bought 2 items at M's - just some Heidi Swapp watercolor tags - they were on for 1.99 each so I am at 4.38 spent with 20.62 left.

I had a a checkup with the doc yesterday and she didn't like how swollen my feet were so took me off of work. I was only planning to work until the 16th anyway so not a huge deal but still disappointing as I don't really like when things don't go according to my plans! More time to scrap though potentially!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

enjoy the time Amanda - think of it as an unexpected rest before the big day.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Hello ladies! I'm a bit late to the party this month. I cannot access the website at work , so mobile or home are my only options. My goal is $100.

Picture shipping fees, mil SIL and friend album goodies, picture frame (not really scrapbook related but I'm fudging it and I want to shop), stuff for moms day projects.

Something I can't buy: time in my room!

My wants are a bit vague since I don't have a firm idea of what I want.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

I spent another £4 today on some basic grey digital goodies!
And I use them already.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Amanda put your feet up and enjoy some scrap time.
Kelly I love the fort Walton area. We have vacationed in Navarre and Destin several times.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

I'm glad to see there are some spenders out there still. I spent everything I think I'm going to spend (says the lady headed to a crop next week end) this month. Fortunately I have some left in my budget to get thru the crop if I really really have to find something I can't live without!!

Digital is a great way to go when you need something right now.

One is never late to this party! It gives you less days to make your budget stretch.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

OR you could pre-spend like mad before getting to the party lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh girls.... you are going to really love this little addition to the blue paint story...

I was looking at the jar Friday afternoon at work and decided to open the lid again (for some stupid reason after already knowing that the silver seal was there), but apparently that seal wasn't on there good and tight because it popped off and I spilled probably a half cup worth of this lovely blue color ALL. OVER. MYSELF... along with my desk, the floor and my chair. And believe me when I say acid won't even take that paint out of my pants! GRRR!!! So I'm down to four pairs of maternity pants and I refuse to buy another pair for what will be my last three months of pregnancy!

Funny little side story... this is how much my kid and I are alike... I went to pick him up (with paint all over my pants because I did not, of course, have a change of clothing) and found him running around in a diaper because he'd spilled his lunch all over his pants!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Alrighty, now to get CU on chatter....

I sympathize, Amanda... I thoroughly dislike when things don't go the way I plan - and that happens WAY too often with a toddler! Take it as a clue to put your feet up, relax and enjoy a little extra time before Baby #2 arrives. I hear two kids takes your 'free time' from minimal to non-exhistant anyway!

Katie, if we could all give you a 15 minute block from our free time, we would! How's the little cutie doing these days anyway? What is he now, four months??

No other spending for me this weekend (DUH I said I wouldn't!! ), but I did finish my second page for the month. Will post shortly....

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Here's one of the two pages I uploaded today:
Happiest Place on Earth By SonjaC

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Amanda, I know it's not what you planned, but enjoy that time and bank up some rest. You know you'll need it when the baby is here.

Sonja, blue paint everywhere?????? I hope you at least snapped a picture to scrap.

I have no inspiration to do anything lately. I've been working on an owl painting for weeks now. Might try to finish her up today so I can move on to other things.

And girls, my husband can grumble about moving all he wants. We are not going anywhere. I still haven't finished unpacking, the builders haven't even seeded the lawn, I don't have anything but lightbulbs sticking out of the ceiling. We are not budging until this place is finished and I've had time (at least 3 years to enjoy the finished fruits of my labor.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

now that is the Kelly I know! It took way too much effort to get you there!
Sonja I love the new page.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Yikes Sonja! I hear you about not wanting to buy more pants! Stick it out with what you have - maternity clothes are so expensive considering the use we get out of them!

I dropped ds off at daycare this morning - feeling super guilty that he was going there while I was off but there is no way I'd be able to put my feet up with him home all day. That little monkey just doesn't sit still!

I stopped at Dollarama on my way home to pick up a couple baskets for organizing in the baby room and found a $2 pack of pearl stickers.

Then I went to M's - I used up my gift card and had to pay an additional $33 - so I am busted for the month! I got some individual sheets of paper, adhesive, some pet stickers on clearance, black ribbon (3 rolls), some tags and the cricut cart (chalkboard fonts) - everything was on sale, including the cart so I don't feel bad about busting - plus I used up my gift card finally!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

Kelly, sadly I was more concerned about trying to get it out of the carpet and my pants then trying to snap a picture. Never fear though... its still on my pants! And my desk actually.... and still in my fingernails (I showered every day this weekend, I swear!)

Sharon, regarding your comment on my squinty baby.... if he'd stop being so darn stubborn and wear the cute sunglasses we got him, he wouldn't have to squint! stubborn kid....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

Oh Sonja, I bet getting paint out of everything was not what you wanted to do today! Or any day for that matter!! Now you have a challenge of making the paint on your pants into something creative!! I have a favorite shirt that I wear around the house even after I got paint on the sleeve from getting too close to a wet wall, that was years ago.

Don't fret a bit over taking your little one to daycare, this next week or two is the last chance you will have time all to yourself for awhile and ds won't know the difference from his normal routine.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I missed why you had blue paint in the first place ???

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Good morning all! Tina love did you find anything out - if not, just will do the alternative and send to you this week.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tina - I ordered one of the new Prima chalkboard paints and it turned out MUCH darker than I thought based on the photo and the color match. When it came i was looking at the jar and opened it and the silver seal popped off and I spilled about half a cup all over my pants, my desk, my chair and the floor!

Just typical of me these days....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Were you able to get it all cleaned up yet?? What a mess.......

No additional spending for me yet, just creating!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

How is the rest going Amanda? Time is getting short! Hope you found a comfy spot with your feet up for a portion of the day!!

Kdinsmore, how are you coming with any of your proposed projects? Mothers day is next month, I better get hopping and at least make cards!

How are your projects coming Kelly, I need to skip over to your gallery to see what you have new.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Courtney, have you gotten any of those Winks of Stella yet? I'm anxious for a review! From what few comments I heard at the stores, they had a hard time keeping them in stock, I certainly didn't find any colors I wanted to start with!

Tammy, it's been a challenge keeping up with all of your posts this year. Way to go in the creative department!!!

Tina, love the look of your latest page. That is one style that I have found very challenging for myself..........

Hope our fellow smurf is back on track!

Happy scrapping!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Sadly, Sharon, that paint is pretty well stuck on those pants...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Hump Day is done for me! Thanks Sharon for all your kind comments. I am glad I am inspiring you to get out some photos!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh and I spent £20 yesterday on some dies and digital stamps - some of the ones being retired by SU.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Resting is going ok Sharon! I have been catching up on lots of TV and in between doing some housework and scrapping. I can't just sit all day - it is making me stiff! Although the swelling in my feet is much improved overall!

Today I am waiting for dh's parents to arrive - they are in the city for some appointments and said they would stop by prior to lunch and then come back after their appointments and stay the night. Of course they text around 11 and say now they are not coming until after the appointments. No consistency! Ah well!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

So I went through and added up my spending so here is where I am at:

£200-46-6-4-20=£124

I hate to admit it but I might just bust if it means having to make £150 order to get feebies if I am close to that amount. If not, I do have the ability to break it down into an order right after April payday on the 27th and right after May payday onthe 27th (first non digital and second digital)

Oh but did I tell you that I got another raise yesterday - 5% woohoo! That will come in handy when I bust lol.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

If you have to you have too! Tammy! Since you have a 5% raise doesn't that mean you get to raise your budget by 5% too?

Congrats on your raise!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

I agree with Sharon, Tammy! 5% raise in pay means your budget goes up 5%! And congrats on the raise!!!

No spending for me still, but I am going to a crop at Ms on Saturday afternoon so some spending is expected... I need more white CS for one... And I have a 50% off coupon I just got in the mail... Evil people!

Sunday I'm having a play date with a friend and her boy (the one we threw the baby shower for last Fall.) She's a card maker so I"m going to finally test out some of my Sizzix dies I had to have last month!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

well I am trying to figure out just what I want to do with all this scrap ******** I have that I ain't using and here I am buying more and mostly just doing digital stuff - I have to be out of my head. I need to do some serious soulsearching

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Congrats on your raise Tammy!

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to Scrapanda

Sorry I have been MIA. No spending or scrapping lately. Just too busy and worn out. DH will have a 3 week break from night school starting next week before the summer session starts. It sure will be nice to have him around for a change. I think I might even kick him out of the house with DD so they can have fun and I can scrap...I'm going through scrap withdrawls.

I have missed so much conversation. Its amazing how much can happen in the course of a few weeks. Woah! One big hug and kiss for each of you....mmmwwwaa!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to notanavgblond

We've missed you too, Blondie! Glad the DH will be around and I agree, kick him and DD out for a few hours of peace n quiet and scrapping!

It's payday today and I want to spend in the worst way!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Yup, that spending habit gets you when you least expect it!! I tired hard to spend in town but did not have much luck with the things I NEED! That ended up putting me off spending on anything else. A good thing!
OK, I ended up spending on Amazon! They make it easy and I have Prime so it ended up costing me a lot less, no travel time, waiting in traffic, then lines at the store. Best thing they fall in the loop hole area......... atg tape and Silhouette blades.

Hope everything works in your favor next week for some scrap time Blondie. What is your first name if you don't mind saying.

Hang tough Sonja, I know you can do it!! I have been taking Tammy's comment to heart and get control of my purchases and scrap more!! Mostly getting purchases under control, don't think I can scrap more, but maybe.........

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I'm feeling the urge to spend too but trying to declutter instead to remind me I need nothing.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

My plans for busting are on hold!!!! I am going home to Canada in Sept for two weeks - Moose is coming too - we will be there for youngest grandgirlie's birthday and Moose's birthday - sooooooooo happy and sooooo cheap. Only £330 each AND we get a 2 night stopover in Iceland on the way that we booked!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Whoot!!! Whoot!!!! Can't beat that price, sounds like so much fun!
I'm super excited for you!!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

That's awesome Tammy! If you don't mind me asking what province are you visiting?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

Amanda, I'll be visiting Ontario for sure (near Toronto).

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I did 3 layouts this morning and am now off to do my chores and go pick up the packages I had previously ordered and do some mailings.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics