Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: May BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1611943)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the 2015 May Budget Challenge!

Details:
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!
OPTIONAL: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Happy Scrapping!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start... I'm gonna be a good little scrappy saver this month since we're are trying to buy a house and I don't relish moving all my [email protected]!

Budget: $25 (unless I get Mommy's Day money!)
Wishlist: Nothing... I need nothing!
Twist: Make it to June 1 without spending anything!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I will be in again......... I will have to give it some serious thought as to a budget. I would like to say $25 or less but for me that is not being very realistic. So I will come back later when I can make a decision.
I have been looking at a couple of Cricut cartridges but find I can make due with what I have and with 3 codes for 72 hours of Cricut subscription use I should give that a try first. I'm just afraid they will ask for a cc # and I will have to email back to cancel after 72 hours. I will look into using those codes before I make any more cartridge purchases!!

I will return with a budget....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I am checking in but will be back likely Sunday with a budget! Happy May!

And today Tammy is in Kensaleyre, Isle of Skye, at this moment in time.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Ladybing Tammy

So fun Tammy!! I'll be looking for pix!

Went to Home Goods for something non-scrappy related (found a CUTE laundry room sign for $5.99!!) and also found this paper pad for $3.99!!! Well I'm a big Jane Austen fan and thought these would make lovely papers for Peanut's first pages so...

$25-4=$21! Don't feel bad at all!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

That is a very cute collection, I can see why you got it! I would not have passed it up either. I had planned on going out today looking for Disney albums but never made it. Maybe tomorrow after the grand kids go home.....

Budget $50 for paper..........

Twist; no Cricut cartridges and if I bust this month then there will be no spending in June!! Did I just say that??

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

I'm in! My budget is going to be $100 - that of course does not include the $30 I have in gift cards to sb.com that I also plan to use this month! Wishlist is anything baby girl!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

Sharon, I shouldn't enable, but Js has 60% off coupons thru I think Sunday! I didn't see if the album's were all on sale, but I did get a cute Disney album there a few months back!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I am going to set my budget at $50 with no wishlist but random impulsive wants.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Tonight Tammy is in Roystonhill Glasgow although she was in various places throughout the day.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Tonight Tammy is in Roystonhill Glasgow although she was in various places throughout the day.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oops

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Oh yea!!! I thought I was going to have to come crawling back to change my budget or be the fastest bust of the month!! I made a trip to J's this morning and did not find a single thing (album or otherwise) to purchase. So I stomped my way to Tuesday Morning where I found Graphic 45, We R Memory Keepers....... whew, I thought I busted but didn't, now what am I going to do with 25 sheets of each of these Graphic 45 designs.... BUT the price was TOO GOOD to pass!!

$50 - $27 = $23

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

wow that wrmk kit is awesome! Sadly we have nothing like that here in the UK.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I am going to go with £100 for this month.

I really need to watch my pennies though so it will only be for stuff I absolutely need.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I occasionally find great deals at Tuesday morning andTJMaxx but they are out of the way from any other shopping I rarely remember to go there.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

I never think to stop by TJ's and it is right in the same strip mall as J's and TM's. I find enough at TM's during my irregular visits that I don't need to make another stop!!

Oh, and I see that I marked the wrong item in my previous post, what I got was the 12x12 paper pad of that same collection, not a kit. Sorry, sometimes those thumbnail pictures are too small for me to make out plus I rush too much to read all the print.

I plan on working my my room as well as the rest of the house today, and enjoying the perfect weather while it's here, check in later.

Welcome home Tammy! I will enjoy your trip thru your pages!!!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

33.71 spent today at M's. My mom is visiting still and she wanted to go get some wool so we went this morning. I bought some adhesive, some cricut mats, some baby girl and baby boy stickers that were on clearance and some heidi swapp tags.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

I hear that little Beth slept thru the store run!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Hey ladies! Wi-Fi-ing in from UCLA while we wait for the next pre-transplant appointment. Been quite a morning so far! Learning all about what th process is like and what to expect once he is on the list.

While I was waiting I checked my emails and I just got an email that I WON one of the NSD $75 prizes on here!!! (Somehow the banana just doesn't express the magnitude of my excitement...) Sooooo suffice it to say I can't stop grinning when I think of it!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-05-15 11:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Congratulation Sonja, Yea!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

That's awesome Sonja!!!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to tinadn

That's fabulous Sonja!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

Yay Sonja - for both counts winning the scrappy money! And for Dh's appts - that is quite a huge step - I hope things work out!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks gals! I may or may not have already started fillig my cart... Boy, $75 goes fast!! Maybe I'll get another $25 in mom's day money to round it out!

Appointments went well yesterday! Per the psychiatrist, surgeoun and social worker, he's in good standing as a candidate for lung transplant! *whew* Just pending one more test he has to do on Thursday and then they will present him next Thursday to the board and likely place him on the list. Then the waiting game starts!

Amanda, how is mommy of 2 treating you? How is Beth doing?

We took DS yesterday to my doc visit to see his baby sister on the ultrasound. He said, and I quote "What IS that thing, Daddy???"

Edited by SonjaC on 05-06-15 09:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

That is a major deal Sonja, yea all around for your family! This is turning into one busy year for you all!!

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond

Sonja, I have that pack too. I have only used it on 2 LO's. The papers are so pretty they are hard not to hoard. Ironically I have only used them on Disney LOs. Congrats on the win!!!! And I hope your appoinments all go well while you are up there.

Wow---its crazy to see Amanda with a budget...a BIG ONE! For so long you were working on the 100 LO buying freeze. Plus you have gift cards?!? Lucky duck. My question is: How do you have time to actually scrap these days? Love the picture of your NSD buddy, btw. I still haven't been brave enough to attempt to scrap with my DD in the room....perhaps if it were cleaner.

I wasn't sure if I was going to buy anything this month. As a matter of fact I was planning on spending $0, but since I also won a SB.com giftcard from the NSD Challenges I figured I would give my wishlist a good look through. So clicked a few of my top choices into the cart....it came up to $264!!!!! Yieks. So then I pared down and pared down. And now I am down to $130. So after the $75 I am only spending $55. Not too bad. But I am not sure if the right stuff is on my basket.
I need all of your help...here is the question: should I buy stuff off my wish list that will work on ..
A. my wedding album...I am only half way through and have been putting it off for ::ahem:: 6 years.
B. LOs from my favorite pictures from my Brother's wedding. I didn't want to spend a ton of my own money on these so this is kind of a good use of free money. Plus I can make copies and possibly turn the LOs into a gift at Christmas (since they don't have an album)
C. Stuff that will just be good additions to my stash. I will likely use it over the summer...though I don't have a plan on what.
D. Something new. I have been tempted to try gelatos, but have been worried about the investment. I like the way I scrap and am not sure if I even want to add new techniques. But something is telling me this might be a good chance to try it.

What would you do?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to notanavgblond

Hands down A and B!! I hardly ever have a long term goal in mind which is why I shop C and D wise!!
Getting new stuff and trying new techniques is great fun but it adds to the hoard and does not get rid of the mounds of pictures!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

FIrst, congrats on winning the gift card too!!!

I agree with Sharon, A and B 100%! You can always get those 'wants' later on, but those long-term plans won't get done if you don't have the stuff for them!

Plus, you can find the gelatos at M's or J's or HL and use a coupon to save on the price since they are never on sale here. Actually I recommend one of the gelato kits I've seen at Ms. It's a great starter pack and gives you everything you need to learn to use them! I have the Designing one below and love it! (Used a 50% off M's coupon for it a while back!) But save that free money for the things you've been meaning to get on your wishlist and for your brother's album (which is very sweet of you!)!

(And by the way, I'm going on 8 years without completing our wedding album, so you are not doing so bad! )

Edited by SonjaC on 05-06-15 11:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I too agree A and B!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

We're doing well thanks! During the day it feels like I'm only mommy of one as ds is still going to daycare full time for the month of May. He will go down to part time in June. I'm glad we decided to keep him full time in May as Beth likes to be awake between 3 and 6am....so it's nice to be able to catch a nap during the day! And he's having a blast with his buddies which is good.

When I was on mat leave with ds if I didn't have errands outside the house to do I would do my household stuff during his morning nap and scrap during his afternoon one - that's the plan so far with Beth too so that I still get scrappy time in! But I haven't done as much so far as I've had some naps too while she's napping. Dh is good about making sure I get an evening or two to scrap every week - I get cranky if I don't get in my room regularly! LOL!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrapanda

Oh and ds generally isn't in my room with me when I'm scrapping - dh was supposed to be keeping an eye on him but of course he wanted to check out what mom was doing. He loves to get into my pen collection!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

It is good to see you are getting into a routine already Amanda. The first couple of months might be the daily naps for mom too!!!!! At least until Beth starts sleeping a little longer at night.
Funny, all I can remember of when my kids were little is being tired all the time or so it seemed, now the time goes so fast I don't have time to be tired before it's bedtime!!
My grand kids ask when I pick them up from school, "How did your day go?" I say "It was too fast to tell!"

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have been giving this budget thing a lot of thought the last couple of days and I may have come to a drastic decision but before I mention anything about it I will see how the rest of the month goes.

So far I have spent $27 of the $50 budget..... I will let you know at the end of the month what I hope to accomplish.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Ominous words, Sharon!

I might take that advice you have Amanda, tho I"m lucky in that my DS will continue full-time at daycare while I'm home, though he'll probably only go four days a week since Nana and Papa are in town. They are jonesing for time with him!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Good morning! Happy Friday!

Oh Sharon - please tell us you aren't giving up scrapbooking!

Amanda sounds like you are being smart and napping when Beth naps!

Sonja you have had such a huge week, how are you feeling? Although I know that the transplant stuff is good in a way, you must also be very nervous about all this going on. Big hugs little Momma!

So I spent money. I finally caved and ordered my digital stuff that I REALLY wanted (and only the stuff that I REALLY wanted) before MDS goes buh-bye at the end of this month and 1 set of Hostess stamps from the pre-order for demos from the new SU catalogue.

SO 100-30=70

And there is a papercrafting show this Saturday that I am going to check out (I don't need paper but I do need albums).

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond

Sharon, we wait with baited breath.....

Amanda, Sounds like you have a good routine and a good team effort at home. Lucky girl.

Tammy, you knew this big spend was comming. And it doesn't look like you even went over the buget! Way to go!

Thanks to all your feed back I did decide to do option B...the leftovers will turn into option A. That makes the most sense to me too. As a matter of fact before I posted that question I filled my shopping cart. Guess what was in there? Mostly stuff for my bro's wedding pictures LOs! You gals just made it feel right! Thank you!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

yay! Sometimes we just need to say it out loud to know it is right!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yaaay Blondie! Glad we were able to help - sometimes a second opinion (and third, and fourth, etc) helps solidify your plans!

I'm currently filling my cart too... ugh... it's down to only $170 now!
I went through all 215 of my wishlist items and tried to narrow down to the things I really should get that I've put off because something new and shiny comes out. Of course that doesn't mean a few new things didn't pop up in the cart too... Hey I'm only human here!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Sonja you need a free shipping day for all that.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

That's what I'M thinking, Tina!

Hey sb.com.... Hint hint!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I noticed I only have 22 items in my cart and that equals $163!! That's an average of $7 per item! BOO!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I want to go shopping today at the Papercrafts show but who knows if I will find anything

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I found something but it isn't counting against my budget - bought a new printer - a large format printer - woooohoooo!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sounds like fun Tammy.

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to tinadn

that is exciting! congrats tammy!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Whoot whoot Tammy! You will have to let us know how you like it. I will be needing a new printer before long and don't even want to think about learning something new!

Happy Mothers Day to all.......

Now I better get cracking with the meal for later today!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Just popping in to say hello and wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to Kamananui

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! I sure did. DH let me sleep in till 9am! Woah! I haven't slept that long since DD was born haha. Plus he made choc chip pancakes, did the groacey shopping, pre-made DD's breakfasts for the week, cleaned the kitchen, and let me scrap all afternoon! And we went to the beach on Saturday (my favorite place in the whole wide world. Its the only place in the world where I can actually turn my brain off and relax.) And DD was a perfect child all weekend. She even hung out with me in my scraproom for a while without being too much of a disaster haha. I wish this weekend never ended.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

*woot* Tammy!

Wow Blondie... I wish my Mother's Day was like that! DH was feeling sick so HE slept in yesterday and then took a three-hour nap at the inlaws house! We did go out to eat three times this weekend including yesterday and I did get to kick my feet up and watch a movie while my MIL played with my DS, but I still kinda feel like I got gyped on the Mom's Day festivities, esp since I had to actually ask for a card. I know he's sick and has a lot of stuff going on, but would it kill him to make a little effort for me just one lousy day of the year?!?! After all I do?

And then he has the balls this morning to say 'well now that mom's day is over, let's talk father's day!' Really???! ARe you KIDDING me?!?!

Just venting... I got gift money from my MIL and I plan to spend it today on the Cherry site... extra 20% off everything thru tomorrow! Its just a consolation prize since I can't even buy time to scrap!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-11-15 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Glad you had a good Mother's Day! We had a good day here too - slept in - dh and ds made waffles and fruit for brunch and then ds and dd both had a three hour afternoon nap so I got some scrapping time! They got me a beautiful necklace as well. Dh made homemade pizza for supper which was super good. Then we had planned to go out for ice cream but ds refused to have a diaper change and put pants on until it was too late to go - so after he went to bed dh went and got us blizzards from Dairy Queen! LOL!

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to Scrapanda

mmmmm....blizzards! We got blizzards on the way home from the Beach on Saturday. It was heaven.

Sonja...I can totally feel your pain. I was super excited because this is the first fake holiday DH ever celebrated. I say fake holiday, because DH calls Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentines day, and our wedding anniversary all FAKE holidays. He never celebrates them. Not even a card. Convenient hu? haha Hence why I was so pleasently suprised yesterday. Honestly I think the only reason he was so nice is because he is starting another school semester today and he wanted to be nice to me before he disappeared for another 3 months.

But I wish your day was better. I think you should be "sick" on father's day. haha

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I actually tend to agree with your DH aboud Valentine's Day. I've never celebrated it and I think that's one of hte reasons DH married me. BUt Mother's and Father's day are different - as are anniversaries! LOL! Yeah, that is a little too convenient!

I wish he thought of it that way - re: being nice to me because of all the stuff we are going through with his health. It's showing honest and sincere appreciation for the other half of your marriage. He's going to expect something out of me for Father's Day so why shouldn't I expect the same thing? I don't need gadgets or cards or clothing or more scrappy supplies (I can't even find the time to use anyway). Just a nice gesture showing he still cares and appreciates me. It's just laziness, pure and simple laziness.

And I was thinking the same thing... around June 21st I'm gonna *cough* come down with *cough* something...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

no you won't Sonja because that is not who you are.

You will do everything you can to make a nice Father's Day.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
no you won't Sonja because that is not who you are.

You will do everything you can to make a nice Father's Day.

Sadly, you're probably correct about that, Tammy...

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to SonjaC

I imagine being vindictive would be more fun, but I wouldn't know. I don't have it in me either.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Ohhh I'd be angry too Sonja! We must have posted at the same time cause I didn't see your post!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I will be doing the same thing for my DH on Fathers Day that he did for me on Mothers Day........... nothing! This morning he wished me happy mothers day!?!

I don't mind that he did nothing as I view them as fake holidays too (just didn't have a name for it before) even birthdays are kind of low keyed here. Going out to eat is about the extent of it and I find that way too stressful on MD.

Now yesterday I fixed a big dinner with Prime Rib and all the fixings down to the home-made bread!! I know one of my DIL's likes to be pampered on her days (B day and M day) and she did not have much of a birthday. My sons birthday fell on Mothers Day this year so as my gift to him I had the whole family over for dinner. I have had plenty of Mothers Days besides I have been wanting to cook that Prime Rib for a few weeks and what better occasion?? The Dads won't be getting PR for Fathers Day!!

The whole week end was fun I went scrapping Friday night, lunch and looking at new homes with friends on Saturday, scrumptious food on Sunday with the guys doing clean up duty afterwards!! Homemade ice cream, cheese cake, and birthday cake for dessert!

Sonja, sorry our day was not all that it was cracked up to be. Just think, in a few years your kids can have the honor of "cooking" for their father on Fathers Day!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

I feel a little better having read your post, Sharon. And DH told me when I met him (on my lunch hour from work) for a Dr. appt that he felt bad I didn't get time to myself yesterday so he was taking DS on Sunday and leaving me be. I'll believe it when I see his behind walking out with our kid, but it's nice to know he realized it! Maybe his assistant gave him flack for not doing anything...

We must have, Amanda because I refreshed the page and there you were! hehe

Blondie, I like to think I'm vindictive, but as Tammy pointed out... It's just not me!

Funny story from this weekend tho... I had a 'debate' (if you can call a debate with someone under 3 feet tall who still 'goes' in his pants a debate then fine it was a debate), with my son on Saturday about yesterday. It went like this:
Me: Tomorrow is Mother's Day, Carlo!
C: No it's not.
Me: Yes, it's Mother's Day. And that means it's MY day.
C: No mommy, tomorrow's not your day!
Me: What do you mean it's not my day?! I'm your mommy!
C: It's not mommy's day, it's Kid's Day! *giggle*
Me: Every other day is kid's day, Carlo, but tomorrow is my day.
C: We'll see, mommy...

Honestly, does he sound 3 to you gals?!? Or is he a 30-year-old lawyer?!?! Geeesh! Smart @$$ little....

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

And I just spent my gift money from MIL! Saved $12 with that 20% off coupon and got quite a few things I wanted!
Only went over my budget by $6 and that was for shipping... shipping is a bit pricey on that site, but they are fast so I suppose it's okay. Now to wait for the next free shipping deal on here so I can spend my $75 gift card!

Budget: $25-4=$21+75=$96+60= $156-66= $90 WHEW!

God help me if this baby ends up being a boy!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-11-15 02:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Hi ladies. I was laughing when I read your mother's day posts. My DH husband was widowed when his children were 6 and 8. I've been involved with raising his children since they were 7 & 9. Never once has he ever done anything for me for mother's day. I would always take the kids shopping for Father's Day and make an event out of the day for him, but he really didn't like the big fuss. Now I just buy my own gift and ignore Father's day. It's easier that way. I get exactly what I want. This year it was some Inktense water color pencils.

Sonja, that haul is amazing. I want to play at your house!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I want to be able to do the creative accounting that Sonja manages with her budget!

Good morning all. Preparing for a business trip tomorrow through Friday (despite still not really feeling all that great these days) and then when I get home I am supposed to be on holidays for 2 weeks although next week will need to be moved to the first week of June since my Mom and my cousin are coming for a visit on May 31 to june 13 (now I did tell them months ago and several times since that I was on holiday the last 2 weeks of May - does that sound like the last 2 weeks of May to you??) And then my mom was surprised last night when I said well Ian can't change his holidays - he checked when I mentioned to Judy (my cousin) yet again that we were on holidays the last 2 weeks of May, I can probably only change 1 week but I have to be in London at the end of the 2nd week. oh well rant over. I will have a week with them to myself and then we will have to figure some other things out.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Isn't having family visit fun Tammy??!? Let me tell you, it is so much easier once you get retired!! Now all my kids/grand kids live close so we don't have to "travel" to visit.

Now I wouldn't mind going overseas to sightseeing but DH can no longer walk any distance! We have been on cruises which are fun but I always get seasick at least one day........
Give me a room full of scrappers and no interruptions and I am a happy camper!!!

Sonja, have you been tracking your order?? It always take longer than I want!! Not that I need anything mind you!

I hear you about getting your own gifts! For Christmas DH ordered something for me thru a magazine add, he didn't pay for it when he ordered it and had it shipped in my name. Well the bill came in my name to and since he did not tell me he had done this, I kept throwing away the bill because I had not ordered it. Looked like junk mail to me!! Well come Christmas time his purchase still had not come and he still didn't say anything about what it was so on Christmas Eve he went out and purchased a gift certificate to my favorite clothing store. Wellll after Christmas he told me what he had ordered and low and behold they shipped it along with the bill!!
The long and short of it, I never would have ordered this glass snowman figurine that had a train that ran around the base!!! Cute but I like my clothes much better and DH still gets to enjoy his snowman one month out of the year!

OK, now I'm ready to scrap!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

things have worked out pretty good. Moose's new boss is giving him a couple days the first week and most of the 2nd week (most importantly the days I can't be around) so one or both of us will be here with them the whole time.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yea!! Glad it worked out!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I used to wrap my own gifts and then go overboard thanking dh and and sons for the gifts. They would all look at each other wondering who bought it. Now I don't bother wrapping I just say look at what you bought me. Lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

lol I love that idea - I don't have to do that - Moose usually buys me something I really want often when I am with him and then a few little surprises.

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I used to wrap my own gifts and then go overboard thanking dh and and sons for the gifts. They would all look at each other wondering who bought it. Now I don't bother wrapping I just say look at what you bought me. Lol

Hahaha! That is funny. I love that they didn't have a clue. Its like two presents in one.

And Sharon, I love the end of your snow globe story..."he gets to enjoy his snow globe one month out of the year." Why are men so silly? Sometimes they are way far off and other times they hit the nail right on the head. It makes me wonder...do they not get us at all, but only get lucky [at gift giving] sometimes?

I have a budget dilemma. I don't know what came over me, but I went over to ACherryonTop's website to see what is "coming soon." I never shop there. I don't know why. Mainly because if I start buying from two places I am afraid my budget will get totally out of control. Anyway! The problem is OMG there is some really cute stuff coming out this summer! I am so excited. Think my wish list is going to double. I am totally afraid I won't be able to contain myself. I think I need to set up an embargo. What kind of rule should I set? What would you do?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Yay, Tammy! I'm so glad everything worked out for the most part.

Blonde, ACOT is a slippery slope. They suck me in every time. Talk to Sonja, I'm certain she has plenty of loop holes to survive this situation.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, you're welcome to come play anytime! Just give me about a month's warning so I can clean and reorganize!

Sharon, Ooooh yes, I've been stalking for my order - it arrives tomorrow!! Just in time for my make-up Mother's Day!
And funny you should mention the snowglobe story, Sharon... one of my coworkers gets a snowglobe from her (obviously male) boss every Christmas (she has 6 now). Honestly, its the inedible version of the fruitcake gift! No... I don't think they totally get us whether they are husbands, siblings or bosses! Just a little effort on their part and they'd know what to get!

Tammy, So glad things worked out, even with the last minute changes!! It'll be nice having family visiting esp since you're so far from them all! And you've got a good Moose, there, lady!

ACOT got me already, Blondie, but I took advantage of that really good Mom's Day deal to buy my own gifts (winks at Tina). I may even wrap them!
As for budgeting... yeah, I'm one free shipping day away from busting so I doubt I'm good at giving advice! @Kelly

On that note... did u see the new BG South Pacific line? Gaah! I nearly got that too!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-13-15 09:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I was ogling that South Pacific line the other day!! Decided I had plenty of beach papers already and one pad I have not started using yet!!
Oh don't get me started on ACOT, it sucked me in a few months ago as I could not find the products I was looking for here (sold out) so I went back to them as it was that site I found the dies first. I'm afraid to even look at what is coming as it will seriously damage my upcoming declaration and we have not even gotten to the middle of the month!! HOLD STRONG SHARON!
I am most defiantly not quitting my paper crafting! I hate to say yet what I have in mind because as soon as I open my mouth I hit a snag in my best laid plans!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I love ACOT but never pull the trigger because shipping costs are way too high to the UK

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I love South Pacific and thought about buying it for my Rarotonga pictures that still need to be scrapped, but I think Sandy Toes from KaiserCraft is a better match. Sadly it's sold out at ACOT. Hopefully it will come back in stock soon.

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond

They really do have some cool stuff. And some lines the SB.com doesn't have. I just hope that we will see some of this new stuff come over soon.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh me... 10% off today....

*sniff sniff* Someone smell that?? Smells like a BUST DAY!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I gotta admit Sharon, you're just making me more and more curious about your declaration (though I must say I'm relieved it has nothing to do with giving up scrapping!) WHEW!

Tammy, if I thought shipping was expensive on ACOT to California, I can just imagine what it is to the UK!

Speaking of ACOT.... I GET MY ORDER TODAY!!!!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-14-15 08:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to SonjaC

Yay, Sonja! I got my order from SB.com yesterday. Though now (of course) I wish I waited until today to place my order. Do it girl! Why do you have to live so far away? Otherwise I would be coming over to ooohhh and awe over your fun new stuff with you.

Funny story about my oder ...it was suposed to arrive today, but of course I watch the UPS tracking like a hawk. So YESTERDAY when it said "delived" I only worried a little. I figured they dropped it off next door... backtrack I always deliver to my office so that way I can oogle my order the moment it arrives and my business partner always laughs at watching me get so excited to unwrap paper. So--> I walked over next door and they were all at a meeting until 3pm! So I went back to work...boo. An hour and a half later I checked back and she said they didn't have it! AGGH! 10 min later one of the ladies comes running up to my office..."It was under a pile of deliveries in our supply closet! I am so glad you asked, because we are going to a conference tomorrow and the office would have been closed till next Tuesday!" I am glad I asked too. haha that was my not-so-exciting story of my NSD Prize order. SO Last night I went straight home and finished a LO I was working on with my new goodies. The end.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OMG I was laughing out loud at your story, Blondie!!! (Not a good thing when I'm in the office, but incidently most of the people in the office know I am on here off and on throughout the day. We're mostly all admins... its what we do!)

I'm doing it... and I"m busting in the process! (I love that you're totally not trying to talk me down off the ledge either! LOLOLOL!) Too much stuff I want and just can't pass up the deal and the discount! Seriously WHY do you live so far away?!? I wanna ogle your stuff too! What did you get anyway?

And I'm so relieved I'm not the only one who will axe my NSD prize so soon after receiving it!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-14-15 03:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Well nevermind... you can't use the 10% and the $75 gift card anyway.... That's BS!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I've spent money this week. I ordered 2 dies from stampin up and a die and paper pack from my lss. I need to add it up.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

What? You can't use the GC and the code? This irritates me a lot. It's not even my card and annoyed.

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to tinadn

Sonja, I was wondering if the gift cards would work with the online coupons. What a stinking bummer! Let's riot!

I am in an all day (super borning) meeting at work. I'll share all my new goodies asap.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

hello my lovelies - no spending for me the last few days - just downloaded some freebies for my digi scrapping to play with. I took my computer with me and never even did a single page while I was away. I was too tired the first night and last night was a late party night.

Looks like you are all behaving (yeah right!) enabling each other.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Nope says right on the ccoupon details that it doesn't work with gift cards. I gotta admit, I'm a bit miffed by this. Isn't a gift card like cash? So why wouldn't it work when any other gift card at any other store would? And 10% is hardly bank breaking... it barely covers shipping on a $100 order!

People have rioted for sillier reasons, Blondie, so why not?!?

That's okay, Tammy. Sounds like you needed the R&R!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Your right about using more than one discount code, being a GC or coupon code. It totally sucks!!
No spending for me so more than a week now!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Good morning - happy weekend!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Good morning and it is a happy week end even tho it is cloudy and has been for a couple of days.

Working on ( at she shrugs!) a couple of layouts but can't seem to focus on either one for very long. I want to shop!! HELP!! Simple stories is on sale today and I think you can use the 10% to as there is no code needed for SS! I DON'T NEED PAPER!! I don't need paper I don't need paper....... I don't............

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

We are going to visit my grand babies this weekend and there is a HL in their town. I may be pulled in there...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Happy Saturday! Enjoy your grandbabies Tina!

Sharon, I am not much help - I LOVE Simple Stories and just can't get it. However after all the sorting and purging we are doing around here (I have ditched some paper I didn't like so I also do not NEED paper - says the almost totally digital scrapper now)

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond

I have an idea Sharon. How About I come to your house and raid your stash that way you can justify getting something fun and new. Haha! I only want to help of course. I am the worst about enabling people. I just want everyone to have fun. And if people can collect stamps, coins, t-shirts, or Disney stuff then why can't we collect scrap material? At least there is a purpose to this stuff. If I could afford it I would place a new order every week. I can't describe how much joy I get out of opening a box full of potential...thats what I see. That being said...no buys for me. Since my last big bust. BTW I showed my hubby what I got and he said "Wow this is a lot of great stuff! You really made that $75 stretch!" BAHAHAHA yep sure...I didn't spend a "few" extra dollars.

Sonja asked what I got. Below is some of the highlights. Remember these were purchased to do my brother's wedding pictures (their theme color was royal Blue).

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond

BTW I sent SB.com a message a few weeks ago with an idea about coupon codes. I informed them that everytime I have won a challenge off the challenge bord on this site I always get one of two things either pieces from someone's stash that are extras (which I am totally in favor of) or items from one of the big box store's $1 section. I wanted to bring to focus the missed opportunity they have for sales when prizes are not purchased here. I suggesed that they offer a free shipping coupon just for Challenge Hosts. That way the money that goes toward shipping could be applied to the prizes. Not only would SB.com then get a few more bucks in sales each month, but the host could buy and ship from the comfort of their own home. Plus the prizes could be a little more customed to the winner (hello wishlists!). I know there would be details the store would have to figure out so the coupons weren't mistreated, but I think it would make a lot more sense in integrating the social side of the website to the store side. What do you think? If you like the idea (especially if you are a host), send a message to the site. Mayeb if we all contact them they might take the suggestion seriously.

Ps. they have yet to reply.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Happy Monday all!

Sharon, did you cave on the SS deal? We should have a paper swap or something....

Tina, hope you had fun with the grandbabies!! We just confirmed this weekend that my mom and dad will be in town in one month!! DS is super excited as he hasn't seen them since Christmas!

Great haul, Blondie! I can't wait to see what you do with all that good stuff!!

What a great idea, Blondie! I had to force myself into M's on Friday (with a 3-year-old in tow) because I needed to get some goodies for the two prizes I offered for NSD and have yet to ship! If I'd had this option, the winners would have gotten their goodies 3-5 days after NSD and it would have come from their wishlists too! Grrr

I still think the coupon code and GC number should be different, but that's cuz I'm trying to NOT buy the extra $70 worth of goodies on top of the $75 GC I've already applied!

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, one whole month?!? Are they staying with you or else where? Either way, but even more so for the later....good luck! I love my parents but a month of routine upheval and ...welll... my mother, I think I would be ready for a vacation!

Tina, How are the Grandbabies? Are you worn out yet? I hope you got to get into HL too. There I go enabling again!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

There are some beautiful blue supplies there for that album. I bet it is going to be one humdinger of an album!! LOVE your style.

Nope, I didn't cave on any purchases!! I just quit looking and started scrapping so it didn't bother me not spending money on new papers. That is kind of the gist of my budget resolution next month if I can keep it going for the rest of this month!!

I have three coupons for 72 hours each of access to 25,000 Cricut images. I redeemed one of them last night so I had better get back at cutting.......... it's coming up on the first 24 hours and with Dr appts this week I have to take advantage while I can.

Having guests in my house for a month, family or not, would be a little trying. After a few hours of not having access to my scrap room makes me cranky!! I need a house twice as big as we have!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

Loved my time with Oliver and Clara. They are so much fun.
I did get to HL for a piece of cheetah print paper I needed. There was a horrible rainstorm while I was in there and walked around a bit. An echo park paper pack jumped in my cart so I had to buy it. Spent $6

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Glad you were able to find a moment to stop in at HL. Looking is always fun even when I don't find anything to purchase.

Oliver and Clara time is well worth the whole trip!

Every-time I look back at that all that blue Blondie, it makes me drool!

notanavgblond
Mayor
notanavgblond
In response to Sewflake

Oliver and Clara! Oh I love those names! I can almost hear the sound of the Nutcracker Suite...a childhood favorite. Great job on only spendign $6, BTW. I can't leave any SB store w/o spending $25 (+).

I am so excited to make something with all my new blue goodies. I am thinking I might get a chance on Firday to break into it. Thanks for the compliment Sharon. I feel like I haven't been super pleased with my LOs lately. I might be a little burned out on the Disney stuff at the moment. Changing it up might be good for me....we'll call it my Blue Period. haha

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

haha - that is cool Blue Period - I am in a just get it bloody well done period!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I don't know Tammy, you are doing one bang up job of getting it done!! You will have to revise your goals again by the middle of the year??

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Blondie, oh no, I meant they'll be here in a month, June 19th to be exact. They'll be staying in So Cal for three months, probably through September! And no, they aren't staying with us, primarily because we don't have room. They have an RV, a 5th wheeler, and they stay up in Valencia at this really nice RV park and have done so for the last three years since their grandson arrived. Actually my mom stayed with us for about a month when DS was 4 months old while DH had surgery on his esophogus and it was great, though slightly cramped! My mom will come back down whenever DH goes in for his transplant and will stay probably the two months of his rehabilitation. We have a pretty good relationship like that, but I suppose being 1,000 miles away has helped some! hehehe

Tina, so glad you had fun, though there wasn't much of a doubt about that! LOVE those names too! I've been trying to campaign for Olivia as a name for Peanut, but DH says it sounds like a grandma's name. It was #4 on the top 100 girl names for 2014!! sheesh....

IDK what you're talking about, Blondie, I'm LOVING your Disney pages!! But sometimes, you're right, a little fresh air is good for the inspiration. Can't wait to see your blue pages!

Well ! I just got an email for free shipping off a $75 order from sb.com today... but of course it doesn't work with the NSD gift card...

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics