Page 492 of 492 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-17-18 06:51 AM
In response to Tishd

I actually had to take potassium pills a couple of times prescribed by my oncologist because my potassium was too low. They were so hard to swallow. I had to cut them up and put them in something like applesauce.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish....what are you the most afraid of by flying alone. People are very friendly usually on the plane and in line.....at least that's my experience. I always seem to get the help I need from another passenger. But if it's something that the employees can do they are more than willing and pleasant. Especially if you are a wheelchair or special needs passenger. they are extremely helpful and kind.

If you don't jhave to find your way through another airport and someone is driving/wheeling you to your proper gate there is nothing to worry about. It's really quite nice for the most part.

My problems with the wheelchair thing have NOTHING to do with anyone else...it's in my own head. I don't like being OLD and unable to do things I used to do...but it's never about anyone but me.......it's easy and convenient and they are all extrememly helpful. the only time I had any issue was in Seattle when the guy pushed me into the elevator and pushed me right up to the back wall where I was facing it and not the door. That was awful........and I told him that the next time he might want to turn his "rider" around to face the front . He said it was his first time.......so we kind of chuckled. Other than that... they could not be more helpful and courteous. What is it that frightens you. Do you have sidewalk check in at any of the airports you go go???

We do here in Tampa you get out of the car......five feet from the check in stand, the guy is usually there with the chair or cart and once you check in they take you to the waiting area.....and when it's time to board someone else comes and rolls you on board and it's always first as you get to go on before everyone else.

It's the same getting off. It's truly easy.......and I have only had to ask one time where my helper was....and that was it.

I am also curious as to what part of it scares you and makes you not want to fly alone. I can't imagine that having your daughter there through the entire week is a solution. If they are not scrappers what would they do ??? I guess there would be things to do but I am not sure that is a solution. If it's only the flying alone that bothers you surely there is a solution to that. Even changing planes is no problem. I have had to change planes for the past few years as I have always been flying west. Even to Vegas I had to change planes in Texas. I have had help every time. And in fact I was always glad to have a "ride" since most of the time the gates are very far apart. LOL

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

morning...

well, it's suppose to only hit 88 today... sigh.

TRish; so so sorry about those dang hives.. do they have liquid in them? poor Tish had some a few years back that popped up big with fluid in them..

Josie, sounds exciting to be taking classes so you can get back into teaching again. Will that teaching be at the place the boys have been going to?

I need to start packing today. Dorina will be here until 5 so I'll probably fix her dinner again. Her daddy is still gone with the Army Reserves: that two week summer training. They are all ready for him to be home, which happens on Thursday. Danielle is wiped. She thanks God she is not a single mom of two.

Remember 7-8 weeks ago my hubby cut off the end of a finger "shredding paper" with scissors?? well my kids bought him a paper shredder for his room. Talk about funny when he opened it and read the card.. It is so much quieter than the one here in the office area.. he said I can move it out here and put the old one in his room. We shred more out here so that is nice.

ok, bbl.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Char, hope you are resting.

Struggling. Pop sickles and water only.

Nurse coming soon

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Donna - Sorry you still are not feeling well.

Did you know that drinking pickle juice will stop leg cramps? I drink it right out of the jar. I am the only one that eats dill pickles so it doesn’t matter if I drink out of the jar. 😜😜

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to cdjohnson

Packing to day ready to get on the road in the morning!!
Not much time to be online for the next few days. May not check in till we get home!
Hope to read everyone is doing better by then.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sewflake

Sharon - Have a safe trip home!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Drive safe Sharon.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Char, hope you are resting.

Struggling. Pop sickles and water only.

Nurse coming soon

so sorry.......hope they can find the right thing to help the nausea. It takes some diligent searching to get the right combo it seems. I know many who struggle with this and then VOILA the right thing turns up. Until then hang in there....Many hugs my friend.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Cheryl,
You are funny !
Pickle juice is good for a lot of things.

Kerry made chicken soup.
Hope to enjoy the broth.

Nurse ordered nausea patch and IV fluids.
It really needs to start getting better now.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

Did you know that drinking pickle juice will stop leg cramps? I drink it right out of the jar. I am the only one that eats dill pickles so it doesn’t matter if I drink out of the jar. 😜😜

no dill pickles here anymore. I don't eat the often enough to make buying them very smart. I do, however, Have bread and butter pickles. wonder if that works or is the dill pickle juice the only one.??? I had heard that but forgot about it.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Cheryl,
You are funny !
Pickle juice is good for a lot of things.

Kerry made chicken soup.
Hope to enjoy the broth.

Nurse ordered nausea patch and IV fluids.
It really needs to start getting better now.

I have heard that the patch works very well. John had no nausea with chemo at all but almost all of his hair fell out. I m not sure which is worse.......! Hope the chicken broth is ok....sounds good. nothing like home made soup.

Edited by memex9 on 07-17-18 12:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Thank you Betsey!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bonprof

Sharon....safe drive home......! Lots of rain all over Florida today.....not so much here just a few drizzles barely wet the sidewalk but other places including north west Florida seem to have gotten more.....some places are flooding...but more east....! Odd summer we are having. It's hotter almost everywhere else other than here. Trust me its high humidity and hot enough but not like the east coast and the midwest.......Whew!!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • charK Said:
TISH if I can fly alone across the country so can you!! I am asking for a wheelchair to the plane at both ends. It worked great last time. They are waiting right at the plane and take you to baggage claim and to the curb for pick up. I did tip the woman a few bucks.

I know Char! I am not very brave am I? I will talk to Allen about it today! Like you said, ask for assistance. I think both Betsey and Sharon told me the same.

Allen has talked of buying the ticket for one of my daughter's to go with me. I prefer not to spend that extra money!!!

You should get a maid to come in once a week. When I was not feeling good after chemo for so long, my daughter, Lisa paid for a cleaning girl (Melissa). It was so good to have my floors and bathroom cleaned. She does not come very often now, but Lisa still insists on sending us $100.00 a month to use any way we want. Gas, cat food, groceries etc. I keep telling her no, do not send it anymore, but she still does!

UGH, I do not like sweet coffee either. It was my friend, Vi, that talked me into drinking black coffee about 20 years ago! I can't stand any of the flavored coffee's! I have so many friends that rave about pumpkin spice every fall! It doesn't appeal to me!

Tish, today's search Bangor to Penascola
https://www.kayak.com/flights/BGR-PNS/2018- 10-03/2018-1...

another search... MHT Manchester to Pensacola
https://www.kayak.com/flights/MHT-PNS/2018- 10-03/2018-1...

now Manchester cheaper than Bangor. UGH!! I don't mind driving to Bangor at all and figured it would be cheaper from there... Which it WAS!
BUT now a flight is $140 cheaper from Manchester.....Then I think of having you and Allen come here a day or two before and stay in a cabin... Then that leaves Allen driving home alone. We can ride down to Manchester early morning to catch our flight.
Then we'd have to figure out when we get home... who picks us up where...LOL!!

OIY, I'm trying to make headway on this...

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bonprof

Betsey. I would way rather feel good and not have any hair!!!! Not even a contest!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am going to hAVE TO fid and pay for lawn service I guess. Jeff still has not cut my grass it's been over four weeks and it was five weeks the last time. I am done!!! I appreciate that he does this for a living but this is crazy...my grass is two feet high.......it will be a big job to cut inow........I am really not thrilled with most of my kids at this point. If he didn't do lawn service for a living and has accounts hear my house...within a mile........I would probably be more underestanding but this is crazy. So much for trying to get ahead........I have no idea how much this will cost...but there is no way I can do this by myself...even if I had the equipment... I am totally disgusted.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Betsey. I would way rather feel good and not have any hair!!!! Not even a contest!!

I am with you Jo.......no hair is a piece of cake compared to nausea. Can't do anything with nausea but can do everything but win a "best hair" contest without hair. ROFL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Donna- that home care nurse can't get there quickly enough.
Did you try the pickle juice?
I think that alone would make me throw up.

Betsey- shame on Jeff!!!

Sharon- if you check in, have a safe trip.
You'll be home for your birthday!

I didn't get around to scrapping today.
I walked with Lynn. I was so hot when I got home I had to take a cold shower.
I didn't iron like I was going to. I've been hanging my shorts so they won't shrink at all. but of course they are all wrinkly then. My waistline is a tad larger than I want it to be..............that's a lie, it's a whole lot bigger than I want. LOL I can't have any of my clothes shrink.

I dealt with shaking out the tarp that covers the wood when camping. It was so dusty. I washed the camper floor.
I did a load of white clothes.
Straightened up a cupboard.
Helped Rum get the camper in the back yard.
took a 30 min snooze.
Seems like I was busy all day, but all that sure doesn't look like much.

Trish- did you go to the store for a different itch product?

Di- oh I remember when Rum had to do the two week training for the Reserves--every summer. I sure was glad when his gig was up.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-17-18 02:21 PM
In response to scrappin 2

Jojo, I just sent you an email before checking in here.

Rethinking plans again! LOL

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

ah Donna, so so sorry that the nausea is not in check yet. Maybe the patch will help. I would think you need home nursing daily at this point. Praying for you kiddo.

I'm with Cathe: pickle juice would make me throw up. The only pickles I like are the sweet ones.

Two of the neighbor girls are over and the dynamics are so interesting. They are sisters... fights happen. One goes home pouting, comes back... one wants me to feed them "no honey, go home and eat then come back." They haven't played here in a long time so the lessons need to be relearned. "no, I'm not furnishing pop."

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Hi.

Donna, so sorry your feeling I’ll again.
That sure didn’t last long.
But now going forward you’ll have the nurse bringing you meds- hopefully that’ll help alleviate some of your sickness.

Sharon, safe travels.
I’m sure your sister wasn’t ready for you to leave already.
But I bet you’ll be happy to get back to your own bed and your scrap goods!

Cathe, wow, you were busy today!

Betsey, I’d be very irritated in your situation with the lawn. Geez.
Like the saying goes....
You have a husband that’s a mechanic- your car doesn’t work right.
A husband whose a carpenter- your cabinets are falling apart.
Etc. etc.
Hopefully your DS will remember you have a yard that needs mowing.....and soon.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-17-18 02:30 PM
In response to ChansGram

I think I would rather lose my hair than me nauseated too. Nausea is something I don't experience often but when I do, aargh!!!!

I think drinking pickle juice would make me choke! I like pickles but haven't tried drinking the juice.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

Just back from WM.
Got some Zyrtec.
My allergy doc had me on 4 a day.
I won’t do that tho without being prescribed that many- I think normal is 1 a day for allergies.
So I figured I’d do one in the morning and one at night- maybe it’ll help a bit with the hives- if not, I’m afraid I’ll have to start a prescription of some kind.

Got Jae’s school supplies - minus 1 item ( 2 pk scotch tape refills) and it came to 90 bucks.
Then her mom said she could pick out a backpack so the total bill came to $112.
They will pay me back.

Bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner.
Will have that , baby red potatoes with butter and dill, zucchini and bread.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

Cheryl; my father in-law drank pickle juice and olive juice.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

We are having BBQ ribs in the crock pot.
That's another thing I did this morning---get the sauce made and in the pot by 11:00. Rum braised them on the grill prior to me getting them in the pot. I snuck a taste. They are good, if I must say so myself.

Trish- sure hope the Zyrtec helps!!!
Your dinner sounds good!
How true about having a husband in a profession of fixing things, yet can't get to his own.

Di- that's pretty braisen of the girls next door to ask you to feed them or give them pop. jmo

I only like dill pickles.

I went into the scrap room, got out some papers and 4th of July photos and then got stumped.
I'm going to my favs to see if that helps me with a design. --or to Pinterest.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • cdjohnson Said:

Cheryl; my father in-law drank pickle juice and olive juice.

Oh gag me!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Take my hair!!
Eating is so much more important!!

Trish, glad you got your medication.
Hope it helps.

Cathe, always wanted to do the crock pot ribs.
When Im doing better, Ill get the recipe.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Prescription for a special steriod almost ready.
Fights nausea and builds appetite.
Sounds good.
I do have a brilliant oncologist.
He is very good

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

Hello!!

In for a minute..and this laptop about to go limp! Honestly I don't have a flippin minute to spare...

I'll be back on my phone...

Tish, I replied to your email

Donna, I pray you are feeling better soon!!

Char, I hope today went by nicely and that you are at home resting.

more in a bit......

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-17-18 04:23 PM
In response to Jojo Noons

Good evening.

WELL.......that colonoscopy was a bust. My colon was NOT empty enough for him. Lawd I was up past 1 am using the bathroom and my stomach was cramping terribly.

I almost fainted and puked in the shower. Peter had to help me lay down and dry me off and help me get dressed.

My blood pressure was 99/44 and temp was 96.7 Nurse said it was from the diarrhea. You think!!

I had a delightful breakfast after though. Highlight of my day.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

Oh Char!! Thank God Peter was a help. I'm sorry today didn't work out. It would of been too easy (sarcastically speaking). I feel frustrated for you. Now you reschedule? OIY!
GOD BLESS A GOOD BREAKFAST!!

Donna, Mummum (grandmother) use to give me hard tack when feeling nauseous. Followed by a cup of tea...that had no milk, well steeped and allowed to cool a bit.

Seasonal campers, cabin clients, garden, club bs, state level bs, meetings, minutes emails, who's on first? What's on second, I don't know on third...
My head is spinning... Missing everyone, missing your adventures...Welcome back Cathe!!
Sharon, enjoy your travels!!

Today was weird weather wise. We were suppose to get thunderstorms in the morning. Hot hazy and humid till 5 when all the heavens opened up. We sure do need the rain... Hopefully it won't be too humid after the front moves through.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Oh Char!
Sorry it was a bust!

Jojo, with try your suggestion.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Donna, are you feeling any better?

Char, well dang- now you have to start all over with the prep for that test.

Jo, so so busy- wowzers.
What is “hard tack”?

Cathe, I bet your dinner was good!
I’m sure my guys would like that!
I haven’t felt like being at my scrap counter either.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Trish,
A little. Kept down chicken broth made by Kerry.
New pills start in am

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

Donna, good luck with the new pills. Do you and Kerry have an Insta Pot. My daughter does and loves the chicken soup she makes in it.

Char, sorry today didn’t work out. It such a hassle to go thru.

It has cooled down more tonight than in a week. It feels good.

Somebody asked about hardtack:

Hardtack is a simple type of biscuit or cracker, made from flour, water, and sometimes salt. Hardtack is inexpensive and long-lasting. It is used for sustenance in the absence of perishable foods, commonly during long sea voyages, land migrations, and military campaigns. Wikipedia

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Wide awake at 2:53!!
It's ok.
Slept well.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

Gee I thought i got up early at 6:10, but Donna you 'take the cake'.
I see a nap in your future.
Glad to hear that you kept down some chicken broth.
Sure hope the new meds help you so you can eat again. What gets me is how a plan for nausea isn't put into place when one starts chemo. That way one wouldn't have to wait for the meds. I know everyone is different but still............

Char- What the heck??? How could it not be clear when you starved yourself and did what they said? Hugs for you dear friend. Thank heavens for St. Peter!!

Trish- I didn't know what 'hardtack' was either.
Is the Zyrtec helping or is it too early to tell?

Jo- you are so busy, I liked your reference to 'Who's on first........"
funny.

Ribs are not one of my favorite foods. I made them for Rum and just to have something different. I absolutely hate fat on any meat. These ribs from Aldi were fairly meaty, but I won't make them again for quite awhile.

My plan today is to iron.
I have lunch plans with Carole, Janet and Marsha--we all taught together at Shirland.

I'm SO Mad that I didn't get a picture of all 5 grandchildren while camping. I have done that for years. Also we usually take a group shot and that didn't happen.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 04:59 AM

Good morning. I ache this morning and am back in bed for awhile. Ahhhh, retirement, gotta love it!

Cathe, bummer that you didn’t get a picture of all the grandchildren while camping this year. What are you ironing today? Enjoy your time with your friends today!

Char, I am sorry the colonoscopy was a bust after drinking all that prep stuff. I hope they give your body a break for awhile.

JoJo, I am going to call the travel agent today. It is cheaper to fly out of Portland but that is an hour and a half travel! Manchester is cheaper but Allen would not want the three hour drive to and from.

Allen just put the bedroom window up and there is a wonderful breeze coming through.

Donna I hope the new meds are better for you.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 05:01 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I was not sure what hard tack was either.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 05:07 AM
In response to Tishd

Betsey, I forgot to answer your question about what I am afraid of flying alone. I honestly do not think I am afraid to fly alone. I have flown enough times that I know what to do and what to look for.

I think I am just spoiled! Lol. I am used to having someone by my side telling me what to do.

I need to convince Allen that I can fly alone if Jojo can’t fly with me.i think it might be a hassle to have a daughter with me. When in the crop, I would be worrying about her being bored!

Edited by Tishd on 07-18-18 05:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
We are having BBQ ribs in the crock pot.
That's another thing I did this morning---get the sauce made and in the pot by 11:00. Rum braised them on the grill prior to me getting them in the pot. I snuck a taste. They are good, if I must say so myself.

Trish- sure hope the Zyrtec helps!!!
Your dinner sounds good!
How true about having a husband in a profession of fixing things, yet can't get to his own.

Di- that's pretty braisen of the girls next door to ask you to feed them or give them pop. jmo

I only like dill pickles.

I went into the scrap room, got out some papers and 4th of July photos and then got stumped.
I'm going to my favs to see if that helps me with a design. --or to Pinterest.

I have learned that when kids ask for food it's possibly that they are hungry kids. Speaking of which...the little sister of the boy that used to rake my yard knocked on my door the other day and asked if I had any jobs she could do for a couple of dollars. I asked what she needed the money for, and she said she needed something to eat. I then told her that the rec center provides free breakfast and lunch to any kids who just walk in. She lives within sight of the Rec so that's easy. I made her a peanut butter and jelley sandwich and gave her a juice box. So if she is lying about being hungry.....she won't come here again.....if it's only $$ she wanted. And who knows it could be money for a parent that needs drugs.......or who knows what??? If that's true they won't send her to my house again as I just give them food. LOL

It's truly hard for most people to understand that in a neighborhood like this there are actually hungry kids but there are. Especially if one or two adults in the house are on drugs. It's sad but true. Several years ago they started a free lunch program and then added free breakfast the next year for any kids who are hungry over the summer months when school is not in session.

During school the kids that are known hungry kids get these blue back packs on Friday afternoon with enough food to get them through the weekend. When I left Calusa we were filling 49 back packs on Fridays. And most of the kids were walkers........in what was at one time the highest cost of homes area in the county. It's just hard to believe........but sadly true. I know my mind is geared for that but I often wonder when kids ask for food whether its just poor manners, or if they are hungry. These days one cannot tell by the home in which they live. Lots of hungry kids come from very nice looking homes. Drug addiction is everywhere and generally hungry kids and drug addiction in the house go hand in hand. Not always true but generally speaking that is the issue here.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good Morning everyone.....hope it's a good day where you are!!!!! Raining here.........which is ok as we needed a good rain. although i don't need my grass to grow anymore. I swear I cannot get ahead. If its not one thing it's another. LOL

Did I mention that the kitchen faucet healed itself.???? I swear I have ghosts in this house. That thing was leaking to badly that I had to change the six towels three times a day........and then VOILA one day the towels were only damp which was unusual......and a few hours later they were still just damp...so I left them on over night and the next morning the towels had completely dried out which meant it had not leaked all night .....turned it on and no water shooting out and so far no leaks at all anyplace.

I wish someone would tell me how these things happen??? Kind of like you drive your car home and it's fine.....you get in it the next day and it won't start and it's broken. How does it break in the middle of the night just sitting there in the off mode??????

But then I wonder that about many things. My oven just stopped working in the self clean mode. It worked fine the last time I used it and the next time it was broken and would not do anything it's supposed to.

I understand how things break when they are running.....but not when they are just sitting there in the OFF position. Makes no sense to me~~~~!!!!!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

Cathe,
There's always a plan in place, but they don't have any way of knowing how I really will respond.

Things need to improve pretty quickly here, or back to the hospital. Getting hard to walk to bathroom. So weak.

Thank you for being here grans.
You are my second family and it brings me so much comfort knowing you are here.

Ok Tish, Im going to give my 2 cents about the travel.
I have done a lot of traveling in my life.
Been to Europe and flown all over the United States.
It's extremely exhausting.
Even for a younger person.
If you were my mother, there's no way you would be going by yourself.
I feel this very deeply.
You are not a baby.

Edited by bonprof on 07-18-18 06:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Char...never ever heard of such a thing. Colon not empty enough so no test???? After drinking all that ******** and going through all of the other horrible issues and then he won't do the test???? OMG I think I would be done with that test for sure. Send in the poop sample on a stick. Much easier and less hassel for sure . That's the only test I do...........once with the colonoscopy was more than enough. YIKES.

I do have a doc appt today to the new heart doctor. I hope to goodness we are not going to do all of the same tests again that I just did in the hosptial and if he insists on the chemical stress test we wil have a problem. Unless there is some new machine that does that I am NOT going through that again. The mere thought of it now and just the re telling of how that felt is almost more than I can take. It' truly gives me chill bumps and shivers all over my body in just the trying to explain what happens.

I am hoping I will like this person and that we can get my heart issues straightened out. If there really are any heart issues....I am not convinced that was the problem in the first place. but.......as usual what do I know?????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey, I’m chuckling over your thoughts about things breaking when they’re not in use. Happens to us too. We had a car that we both drove and the gas pedal fell off many times when I was driving it... what!! Never happened to him... I told hubby he must have been bobbytraping it so that would happen. Hard to drive when just pushing on a metal rod. After it happened a couple of times I carried extra part and learned how to fix it.

Cathe, have a fun get together today. Iron?? The only action my iron has seen is melting pearlerr beads together. Dori makes things from them.

Oh, speaking of her. She was looking at some old photos I have of my mom and dad. One was taken in a bar, both holding a cigarette. “THEY BOTH SMOKED?” ha. yes dear. In another Dad was at the beach in swim trunks. She looked and looked “he sure has a hairy body. My daddy doesn’t.” Ahhhh, kids

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Char,
I was scolded after my first colonoscopy at age 50 because I didn't do a complete prep.
They still did the test.
You did your best.

Hope you can rest today.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

It's amazing what one gets done when getting up early.

I ironed 4 pair of shorts, --that I don't wear in public--two capris,
one t-shirt of Rum's that sat in the dryer because I forgot it was there, and two white knit shirts of mine because they were in with Rum's shirt and were all wrinkled. All done now.

Donna- sending hugs. so sorry you are going thru this. Don't wait too long to go back to the hospital. Better to be able to walk to the car than needing an ambulance.

Di- I chuckled how you use your iron. So cute how Dori got a kick over seeing your parents in old photos.
The gas pedal fell off???
Kudos to you for fixing it!!

Betsey- Hope the appointment goes well.
It is weird how things break just sitting there. Yes, you told us about the faucet fixing itself. Now that is a mystery!!!
Now if the grass would cut itself.....................

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 07:25 AM
In response to Sunnydi

They have an even newer test out today to detect blood in the stool. It doesn't use that wooden stick, it is more plastic and you scrape a sample and put it in this tube of liquid and send it back.

Betsey, I hear you on the tests, I hate the colonoscopy even though you feel nothing...It is the whole idea!

Donna, my daughter, Jill is kind of like you in that she doesn't want me to fly alone. She is like her dad I guess. She is even wondering if she can split the time with one of her sisters???? Meaning one fly down with me and one fly back and each staying a few days. BUT, that would be expensive!!! Don't want that happening.

I think flying is tiring too. As I said, I am spoiled! Allen always grabs my carry on and puts it in the over head bin and gets it down and then he is the one that always drags stuff off the baggage carousel. He is 80, going on 81 but sometimes thinks he is still 50!

Jill can entertain herself quite well. Lisa would probably want to lay by the pool.

Betsey, I can't remember if you asked me if the girls all work? The only one working full time is Jill. Lisa spends much of her time helping Joel. Julie doesn't work now.

Di, Dori is funny!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-18-18 07:26 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Hello

As if I didn’t have a bad day already last night I fell going upstairs. Peter was right there with me. My legs gave out. I went down hard on the wooden stairs. Todd helped get me up. I slept downstairs. Both my chins are banged up.

I feel like my legs have gotten weaker.

The doc yesterday said he didn’t see anything to be concerned about. He just couldn’t see any tiny spots that you can see when totally clear. I’m fine with that. Lol

I’m down 8 pounds since July 9th.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 07:28 AM
In response to Tishd

Betsey, it was nice and smart of you to make the girl a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I bet she wanted to earn money for something else, who knows!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning.

Had my coffee and will head out to water the lawn soon.
S/B 95 today.
I didn’t water yesterday so I have to get out there while it’s still somewhat cool.
That’s my big plans for the day- lol !!

Only a few hives this morning.
Maybe the Zyrtec is helping.

Betsey, that’s sad about the kids/families who don’t have enough food.

I had to have a talk with Jaelynn last week about things like this because of the little girl across the street.
This is a whole different world here than what my grandkids are used to- for that matter, even my own kids.
My grands were/ are raised in an area where people have money, nice houses, nice things.

Last week Jaelynn went to ask the girl across the street if she could go to the pool.
I’m waiting outside while she went to ask.
Jae comes back over and says....
Ma....Susan (the little girl ) calls the grocery store the “food bank” ??? She had this weird look on her face.
I guess the girl said - we just got back from the food bank and need to put groceries away, then I can go to the pool.
So I had to explain the whats and the whys of that and how it happens.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 08:10 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, we (Tim and I) were talking about hives the other day. He said Zyrtec was what helped him.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 08:12 AM

Jojo, we got much needed rain last night! It poured!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to charK

Char, Im so sorry.
Thinking of you!
Want to throw my arms around you and give you a big hug.

Di, we don't have a hot pot. Would like to look into it.

Progress!! Had my pill with soup at 3:30 am.
Had a yogurt at 7.
No nausea.
Feeling better.
How is this possible? Lol

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Cathe,
Fun Fact!
Haven't used an iron for many years. Iron has dust on it. Lol

We buy wrinkle free stuff.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Cathe,
Fun Fact!

I wear wrinkled things that are suppose to look wrinkled: even my skin now.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

Here is my entry for the challenge. I think I got everything......lol Sad time but it did make for a great photo of Lilly and her Daddy.

Dad By Memex9

Edited by memex9 on 07-18-18 09:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • bonprof Said:
Cathe,
Fun Fact!

I wear wrinkled things that are suppose to look wrinkled: even my skin now.

I wish I knew what wrinkle free stuff was!!!! lol No such thing in my wardrobe however, if I get the stuff right out of the dryer I can not iron 90% of it.....I do have some things that do requiire ironing. I only iron them when I am going to wear them. LOL I used to iron everything......many many years ago and then had to do some touch up after it hung in the closet...( my life has been small closets.) I have NEVER lived in a house with walk in closets or ones big enough for todays clothing. ROFL One of the bad things about loving old houses I guess.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to memex9

Betsey,
Love the layout!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

I ran 8 miles this morning, fixed breakfast, mowed the yard, fixed lunch and going to take a nap shortly before work tonight.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to cdjohnson

Im getting better.
Craving veggie beef soup and ice cream!!
Thank you God!!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

I joined the Spellbinders small die of the month.
They have such beautiful stuff.
It will be fun getting a little extra goodie in the mail.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to charK

Betsey,
Appreciate the insights on hungry kids.
Omg, the drug problem is everywhere. My ambulance driver said middle class men use to go to the Er for drugs, then go to other Er for the same reason.
It's all on computer now, so all that can be monitored.

Edited by bonprof on 07-18-18 11:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-18-18 01:22 PM
In response to bonprof

CATHE there are ribs I get at Costco that are already seasoned. I put them in the crockpot in a circle and cook on low for several hours then add BBQ sauce for another hour. The family loves them.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-18-18 01:27 PM
In response to memex9

This house is almost closet free! LOL . I try to get clothes right out of the dryer so they do not wrinkle. Almost never iron here. Most stuff I have is pretty wrinkle free! However, I do have to drag out the iron on occasion when things get smushed!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

Hi ladies...

Donna, so happy to hear you've been able to hold down some chicken soup. Sending hugs and hoping your new pill works better for you. I've contemplated the small spell binder dies myself. They do have beautiful things!!

Trish, hope the Zyrtec is helping. Dang hives!! How did Jae take to the talk of the food bank? I remember as a little kid, well maybe about 11 or 12, the lady up the street I babysat for explained welfare to me. I didn't know what the other kids meant about the yellow block cheese. The kids raved about getting this kind of cheese. I didn't know people got welfare. Oh to be so nieve again...

Today is beautiful. Tried weed wacking around the garden bed boards. Big fail... Wouldn't start, then once it did, I got about 6 feet when the string broke...ugh! I put it back and walked away. Very discouraged I couldn't get that done.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Donna-
Hope the good progress continues.
Is it because the chemo is wearing off?

Charlene!!!! Stay off those stairs!!

Betsey- I don't know if we've ever seen a close up of Robby. That sure is a sweet photo.

I have a question on the challenge. Do we only pick one line to put embellies? ----like if we won playing tick-tack-toe?

I'm tired I wish I didn't sigh up to make cards tonight.
After lunch Carole and I ran into Home Goods, Target and HL. They are all in a row. Then across the street we went to Kohl's briefly. the didn't have water filters for a Cuisinart. So I went to Bed Bath. which is just down the way from Kohl's. they had them.
Then I decided to stop at Countryside meats to get us a some frozen chicken things I can throw in the oven.
No wonder I'm tired.
It was a gorgeous day, but still warm and Rum has the AC off.

When I got home he told me I had forgotten to close the sliding doors and didn't lock the back door. GEEZe I'm so forgetful.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Trish- sure glad the Zyrtec is helping.

JoJo- oh I hate it when the string to the week whacker breaks. I don't know how to change it and even if I did I'm sure we wouldn't have one.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Beef barley soup for lunch and the most delicious scoops of French vanilla ice cream Ive ever had.

I forgot who asked..
Feeling better because of the steroid and my pills chemo level has dropped a bit.

Edited by bonprof on 07-18-18 03:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Baby back ribs are my favorite; much leaner and more flavor.

Char, do you ever make those?

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-18-18 04:52 PM
In response to bonprof

DONNA the ones I get are baby backs.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to charK

Thank you Char,
How are you feeling right now?
Is someone helping you with cooking/meals?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Beef barley soup for lunch and the most delicious scoops of French vanilla ice cream Ive ever had.

I forgot who asked..
Feeling better because of the steroid and my pills chemo level has dropped a bit.

such good news.. it's nice it tastes good and you can keep it down..

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

So I was to pack up today and leave tomorrow at 9 a.m. Well this a.m. about 10ish I felt as if I had to p.. oh ouch, ouch... dang. I lucked out and my doc had a cancellation this afternoon. long appointment and two prescriptions off to pharmacy.. and referral, again, to a urologist.. 4 in one year is not right.

From there went to Costco because my left hearing aid was not working.. she cleaned it and now it works.. She said to come in next week and she'll give me a cleaning lesson. My left ear is a real wax one.. tmi; I know.

Then to pharmacy, gassed up and got home to eat.... now I'm packing up but it's going slow.. I'm exhausted.. I may leave by noon tomorrow.

Char; sorry about the stairs yesterday..

Jojo, I gave up on string trimmers due to the string breaking and not being able to change it easily.. I was wondering if they'd improved that issue?????

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Di,
Get some rest.
Sorry about your uti.
I get them about 3 x a year.
Cranberry pills help a lot.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-18-18 07:41 PM
In response to bonprof

Todd made dinner last night and Peter made tuna sandwiches tonight. I wasn't hungry.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to charK

Tomorrow is my last day of class in Rapid City.

Thinking of you all.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bears99

Char,
Glad you have help.

Jo, hi. Hope training was fun

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

Good morning!

Donna- sure glad that food tasted great and you were able to keep it down.

Di- yikes, 4 uti's in a year? Oh dear, poor you!!
Forgive me, I forgot where you are headed. Hope the meds kick in and you are feeling better.

Char- glad to hear Todd and Peter are cooking.
How are the girls handling this?

Jo- hope you enjoyed your classes. How many people are/were attending?

I decided we need to go to Oregon to see Mark. We need to go in August before his next scan and chemo.

Today we are going into Arlington (a Chicago burb) to the Race Track. We are going with 3 other couples.........the college/golf group. Since we've been together, two of our 'peeps' now have health issues.

Better go. Have a nice day everyone!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Betsey, it was nice and smart of you to make the girl a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I bet she wanted to earn money for something else, who knows!

Actually those kids....they live right behind me one house over.........are generally hungry. But the rec center is right up the street and they have free breakfast and lunch every day even if you don't go to the day camp. It's free to kids from the neighborhood and in fact every school that is open in summer for summer school provides free breakfast and lunch for kids all summer. We have a lot of hungry kids in this area.........hard to belive I know, but true.

This little girl is one of the sisters of the boys that used to rake my yard. She is the one who would never show up for work, but has been here before for money . I have never given her money and she actually doesn't ask for money she asks if I have something she can do to earn money. I just know that she is hungry......there are five kids in that family and the Mother and her boyfriend...the boyfriend has a lawn service and I think the bigger kids are all working in that this summer. I don't even want to think about that and whether they are actually getting any kind of pay. And in fact the entire picture of that whole family is pretty upsetting. I don't think he treats them very well but can't be sure so I just basically try to stay out of it. I tried to help them by paying the kids to rake etc but then they started taking advantage and that not only made me mad but scared me as I don't know what they are truly like and who knows if there are weapons in that house etc. I know that drugs were being sold in the alley for a long time as the alley traffic was pretty heavy.....since that stopped.....the traffic is almost nothing. LOL It's really hard to know how to handle this stuff as I am aware of the fact that a lot of these kids while they truly are hungry are also pretty savvy and street wise and not above robbery or anything like that. I am pretty sure they are the ones that goo through my car and take anything that is not nailed down if I forget to lock it. ROFL

Its a very different world I am living in that's for sure.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Good morning.

Had my coffee and will head out to water the lawn soon.
S/B 95 today.
I didn’t water yesterday so I have to get out there while it’s still somewhat cool.
That’s my big plans for the day- lol !!

Only a few hives this morning.
Maybe the Zyrtec is helping.

Betsey, that’s sad about the kids/families who don’t have enough food.

I had to have a talk with Jaelynn last week about things like this because of the little girl across the street.
This is a whole different world here than what my grandkids are used to- for that matter, even my own kids.
My grands were/ are raised in an area where people have money, nice houses, nice things.

Last week Jaelynn went to ask the girl across the street if she could go to the pool.
I’m waiting outside while she went to ask.
Jae comes back over and says....
Ma....Susan (the little girl ) calls the grocery store the “food bank” ??? She had this weird look on her face.
I guess the girl said - we just got back from the food bank and need to put groceries away, then I can go to the pool.
So I had to explain the whats and the whys of that and how it happens.

In this day and age I think this is a great conversation to have with kids.......as there are children/teens who live even in the more affluent areas that may be hungry and may be on some kind of aid. Things are very very different now days and people who live in places where one might not expect hungry kids..... have them. I know that the school where I worked at my last job was quite the eye opener. All of the homes around that school are large houses and used to be one of the more affluent areas in this town. Years have passed, old people died and left their "paid for" home to kids who moved here from someplace else and now find themselves without a job or at a huge cut in pay and between that and one medical event or a divorce etc..find them selves in this position. I realized that one can no longer judge who the needy children are by where they live.....or who they live with. It's truly a different world and many many people are one major illness or auto accident away from poverty. what used to be average middle class jobs and homes etc...are no more. I guess I see it more here because we have such a changing population and income level. All of those people who moved here in 1970-90 and paid for their homes.....retired at 55 from jobs with NYC government or other places or GM auto plants and had great retirement etc... have now passed away or sold their homes and gone back to live with their children due to problems with aging. It's changed our area dramatically. Anyway....I know that there are hungry kids everywhere and kids who are living on food stamps etc...and it's a good thing to make sure all kids know that its a pretty common thing. I think it's good for kids to realize that poverty and needy kids are everywhere and it's no longer just a certain area or such. I remember how surprised I was that we had 35 homeless kids in our school. I was shocked. They lived in the family car someplace and went to the Salvation Army every morning for showers etc...and took the bus from there to our school. YES it's a whole new world.

I am happy that your grandchildren will know that there are those among us who have needs they never dreamed of. Good for you for explaining it to her. I hope that they are still friends..........!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 07-19-18 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cathe I think of you often since Carol has moved in. You two would get along very well. She is the shopper from hell. ROFL She goes to some store almost every day. Now she has her grandson, Wyatt who is three, asking her on their Gram and me Days......"Can we go to target????" She actually watches Wyatt every day and two other grands on the days that Jenny works. She is a CNA at Bayonet Point Hospital so it's different every week. Her dd Jeannie also works at a hospital and is the supervisor in the Pharmacy but she works Monday-Friday........one of the perks of being the supervisor.....LOL

Anyway..she has got this three year old asking if they are going to Target every day. If the answer is No...not today they he asks "well what about Sams"? He is a hoot....He and Lilly played well together on Sunday......he is wild like she is......!!!!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-19-18 08:15 AM
In response to memex9

Cathe has your brother had bad news on his treatment?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Speaking of classes....Lilly finished her swimming class and get a certificate. She is now able to float on her tummy and her back, she can tread water for more that one minute and can swim like a fish underwater.....on top is still kind of a problem....but she is NOT the same child she was two weeks ago.....that's for sure. So......only one more thing to accomplish on her list of "things to learn over the summer". Riding her bike without training wheels. I can't remember what else was on the list but Karen says she only has one thing left. Oh...I know....tying her shoelaces. She and now tie......not well, but they are at least tied. ROFL Kids don't wear laced shoes very often these days...so kids don't learn that as early as my kids did.

In those days they had few shoes that didn't tie......ROFL

So Lilly is ready for kindergarten.............sigh! Now if her Mother will just decide where she is going to school...that will be a help!!!! I think she is already not able to go to the school that Amanda and Karen wanted her to go to as that lottery drawing is over. You have to apply and then there is a drawing and only so many kids get to pick their school choice. The bad thing about that is that its only good for one year and there is no guarantee that your child will get that school again next year......so maybe this is really just as well. I don't see Lilly as a kid who would adjust to a new school easily. She already doesn't want to go to a new school. she wants to go back to Leap Forward. ROFL

No amount of telling her that she is going to kindergarten and to the big school....is helping. she wants to go back to her old school. LOL

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-19-18 08:32 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey anything new on the Matthew situation?

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-19-18 08:36 AM
In response to charK

Caitlin is at the college for orientation. Her boyfriend is there too.

She cleaned the whole kitchen and mopped the floors before she left.

I am teary eyed this morning. My right ankle hurts and I can’t bear weight on it. Peter went to work.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-19-18 09:44 AM
In response to charK

I just got a text from Kerry. Donna is back in the ER with kidney problems.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:

I decided we need to go to Oregon to see Mark. We need to go in August before his next scan and chemo.

I could drive down and see you.... only 3 hours away.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:

oh oh, glad I saw that before I leave.

My meds are working and I'm not showing any allergy to them, so Dale just loaded up the van and I'll leave in about an hour..

Char; oh oh on your ankle.. do you think you hurt it on the stairs.. and good for Caitlin to take care of the kitchen... hugs to her. Did you say Western for college?

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

• charK Said:

Oh Dear God...saying prayers!

Page 492 of 492 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics