Page 563 of 563 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I still have and use all of my dishcloths.....! I really do love them and they last forever. Karen turned me away from sponges years ago. LOL It's a Nurse/germ thing I think. LOL

Anyway..I use my cloth's....and I use either Clorox or Lysol wipes on my counters.......! I have scrubbies and Tish's dish cloths for the dishes I wash.......mine that go into the dishwasher are clean enough to eat off of according to my grandchildren. ROFL But In my defense....I may only run that thing once a week twice at the very most....so I like them "rinsed very well".

Edited by memex9 on 12-12-18 07:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

good morning!!

We got home at 10:30 pm last night.

It was so hard leaving. Andie told us Mark did not want us crying. So we hugged him good-bye and then went around the corner so he couldn't see us and sobbed.
I didn't have the heart to ask Andie how long the doctors gave him. Jean said someone said he might not live till Christmas.
Such a sad time for the family.
Laura the bride is on disability for United. She is staying in Oregon while Seth her husband went back to Texas in work.

Tish- I'm not sure what photo you are referring to --asking if my Sil has dark hair.

I need to unpack.
I'm going to pick up Kian and Oakley at school today.

Jo- hope the meds have started to kick in. I know it must be difficult taking care of your parents when you yourself doen't feel good.

JoJo- Glad you had an update on the boys and they are improving. Still I know how worried we get about our grandkids.

Char- glad that MRI is behind you. It didn't sound like any I've every had. Hopefully your eye pressure is normal now.
I don't make those wash clothes Char.

Sharon- how was Grayson's concert? I'm so mad I missed Van's as I was getting that sore throat.

Cheryl- Was your family's Christmas this past weekend? I know you celebrate early?
Hope dialysis helps Karyol feel better. Will it take awhile to see results?

Betsey- How sweet Lilly let Mac have her Ipad. Sure glad that tornado didn't touch down by you.

Tish- Well if Abbi didn't choose a warmer coat, she will next time. She's a teen and looks are more important than warmth. LOL
A lot of coats don't look warm and really are. My puffy green jacket is pretty thin but it is so warm.

Donna- So happy for you that your are almost done with radiation. Kerry looked cute holding up the tree. We've had an artificial one for so long, and I do miss the smell.---I'll go buy some spray. LOL

Doug called--now I forgot my train of thought.

What is ivig?

Trish- I wanted subway tile in my kitchen and ended up with travertine. I could still kick myself for getting talked into that.

Di- sweet how Dori wanted in on the hugs.
It sure would be nice not to have to wear glasses all the time.

catch you later.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-12-18 08:18 AM
In response to scrappin 2

If anyone wants me to knit dish cloths for them, I will, no charge. It gives me something to do as I sit in my recliner!

I am at my hair dressers,, bbl!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-12-18 08:22 AM
In response to Tishd

I just saw a girl I went to school with 60 years ago! She has changed a lot!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Everyone is asleep but me and I am heading that way. The dialysis center called today and Karyol starts dialysis Thursday. My dad will take him and I will pick him up when I get off from work.

ahh, that will be a rough day for him. Cheryl, how long does he need to be hooked up, and how often? I'm praying for him. so sorry.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

That's funny. Strange when you haven't.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

JCI.
School run done and stopped at the grocery store to order Chandler’s cake and get Italian sausage for tomorrow.
I also need to figure out where my photo order is- I checked my usual WM on Monday and it wasn’t there.
I’m wondering if it went to a different store?
When I order it always wants to send it to a closer WM than the one I go to - so I wonder if I forgot to switch it.
Anyway- I ordered a canvas for Chandler’s bday and we’re doing that tomorrow.
I still need to wrap all her presents- thankfully I made her card last week- or she probably wouldn’t be getting one!

Betsey, your neighbor is odd.
I can’t even think up a logical reason for what he’s doing.

I met the new neighbors last night.
Nice people, it seems.
Chatting with the lady and her husband was kinda just standing there- I noticed and thought...hmm, he has all his nails painted.
After the normal conversation of moving here, where they’re from, etc- he says to me....I’m trans !
Now this by itself isn’t that odd but the fact that the people who just sold that house just divorced because the husband came out to his wife as trans.
What are the odds of this?!!

But I said - well, you’ll have deer coming through your yard and they love to eat that bush ( as I pointed ) - the husband said, well that bush will be coming out !!
I said, you don’t want the deer in your yard???
But he said he has great plans for the yard.
So I’m happy about that!
People who seem like they will maintain their area!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Trish,
Wow. That is interesting about your trans neighbors.

Went to Barnes and Nobles bookstores to get Bubba books for Christmas. This store is so beautiful!
His reading level has gone way up.
Bought a Christmas book and two Captain Underpants books.
Came home and decorated the tree some. It looks nice.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

Hello,
Trying to get things done for Christmas. Jumping in with both feet as there's not much time.
As Josie said, it will work out. Im not going to stress.
Snowmobile meeting tonight, I'd rather stay in.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-12-18 03:46 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • Tishd Said:

That's funny. Strange when you haven't.

Oh, I have changed ! 60 years changed!!! I would not have thought to ask her if she was Louine H. If I had not heard my hairdresser call her Louine. She s the only person I eVer knew with that name! When I saw her face I knew it was her. Of course she told me I hadn’t changed since high school! Sure... am 40 pounds heavier with wrinkles!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-12-18 03:49 PM
In response to Jojo Noons

• Jojo Noons Said:
Hello,
Trying to get things done for Christmas. Jumping in with both feet as there's not much time.
As Josie said, it will work out. Im not going to stress.
Snowmobile meeting tonight, I'd rather stay in.

JoJo, I can’t get over how quickly Christmas h come on u s this year! I need to finish m shopping!

I am glad the boys are doing bettter!

Edited by Tishd on 12-12-18 03:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-12-18 04:06 PM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I wonder what great plans your neighbors have for their yard? It is to bad they are removing the bush that the deer eat from.

I was checking out the subway tiles on line today. Really nice. I loved the mosaic tiles but they look harder to install. Mm mm mm

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-12-18 04:40 PM
In response to Tishd

Cathe, I am so glad you were able to see your brother. it makes me sad to think he does not have long to Iive.

The picture I was referring to was a picture of you, your brother, Mark in the chair, amother brother and the dark haired lady. It was a beautiful photo.

Abbi sent me a picture of her and her jacket. Yes, her age is interested in style instead of warmth. She looked cute!

Hair cut and color today. Feels so much better.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

3 more treatments!!

Jojo,
I am still trying to get Christmas done!!

Tomorrow I go shopping again and I think I will be done.
Almost. Lol.

Did I mention that Kerry and I are buying a new sectional couch instead of other gifts?
We’ve been thinking of doing this for awhile!

Cathe, my heart breaks for you.
Glad you saw Mark.
Love you.
xoxoxo

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Cathe - I am so sorry about Mark but am sure you will cherish the time you just spent with him.

Tish - Karyol will have dialysis Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The treatments last 4 hours.

Karyol fell at 2:45 this morning in the bathroom. He cut a small spot on his forehead and has a sore wrist where he landed on his arm. He said his legs just buckled under him. I finally got him up and settled back in his recliner. We are not having much fun and hard to get into the Christmas spirit.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl,
Sending prayers for sure!!
xoxoxo

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-12-18 06:26 PM
In response to bonprof

Ugh. Finally home. Spent 6 hours and 50 minutes at the infusion center. Dang hives all over my body. After 2 shots of Benadryl and Pepcid it finally cleared up. Tomorrow I have to be there at 8:30. They have to start earlier so I can get to my oncology radiology appointment at 2. They are going to run it slower and give me Benadryl and Pepcid in the iv before I start.

I had 2 Benadryl before they started and oral Pepcid. I will definitely be going to bed early.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to charK

Shirts I made for my two oldest grandsons for Christmas. Apparently this Floss Dance is all the rage.

Floss Like A Boss shirt- Brayden By Cdjohnson

Floss alike A Boss - Ryan By Cdjohnson

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, cute shirts.
You are working that Silhouette like a boss!!
Or was it a Cricut??

Hope all goes well with Karyol tomorrow, you will be in my thoughts...hugs to you both!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sewflake

Good morning!

Cheryl- Sure hope Karyol feels better today.
I know quite a few people dealing with illnesses this Christmas season. It sure puts a damper on things.
Praying dialysis works and he will feel better after the initial treatments. How long does it take for a patient to feel better? --or is it different from person to person?

Char- well, darn those hives anyway. Hopefully being proactive today will help keep them from appearing.

Tish- You're still a beauty!

Donna- Have fun finishing decorating the tree.
Does Sunny leave it alone?

I'm going to meet Lynn and Sherry at the mall and walk.
Heaven knows I need it.
I hope to get home and seeing what gifts I have for the kids.
Kian and Van are impossible to buy for this year. Rayn is too but Casey ordered things for her from us. Little Oakley and Nev are easy to shop for. Well Oakley is a bit hard. He doesn't really play with toys I guess.---but he's getting some. LOL

At 3:10 I'm picking up Van from school and spending the night with him. I may or may not be on later in the day or in the morning.

take care everyone!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Morning!

Cute shirts Cheryl.

Relaxing this morning. Running errands later on the way to treatment.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to bonprof

Morning all,
Wet chilly cloudy day when I will be meeting The Sewflakes (quilters) for our Christmas lunch.
I have not seen them for a few months but we still keep in touch sometime during the year.

I have a few gifts to buy but it is so much more difficult when you don't know what to get!!

Cathe, I am sure you will enjoy your day with the kids as well as walking with probably a little shopping thrown in maybe??

Donna, its good to have relaxing days planned.

dDick saw his doctor yesterday, routine but I brought up some things.
1. No order yet for MRI of his brain that dr requested in Oct.
2. In home PT with dementia protocols.
Other wise all is good.....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Char, that sounded like quite the ordeal with your MRI!!!
Hope they all are not that intense or lengthy!
One more test behind you.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Cheryl, keeping you and Karyol in my thoughts and prayers today. I pray all goes smoothly for you both!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Cathe,
Sunny does not go near the tree which is kind of weird.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 08:37 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, prayers for Karyol. I am sorry he has to go through this. Would he be eligible for a kidney transplant? Hugs to you for being such a good wife.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 08:44 AM

Cathe, I find Max hard to buy for now. Haven't a clue what to get him this year. I will see him later and ask him for suggestions. The trouble is, the things he probably wants are probably out of my budget!

We have been rolling coins! I always toss change in a jar from year to year and roll my change right around this time of year. Allen is rolling for me and says so far $45.00. Not much but better than nothing. Since I am not out working or shopping like I used to be, I do not have a lot of change to toss in my jug!

Good morning to you all.

So much to do...I am about to start on some dish cloths for Char...I will sit in my recliner and relax! LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 08:46 AM
In response to Sewflake

Sharon enjoy your luncheon today. It is really chilly here today. Allen said the thermometer out back reads minus 2 degrees....BRRRRR.

Donna do you have any bad side effects from the radiation? I hope not. I am glad they are almost over with for you.

Monday I go back to the breast surgeon for who knows what!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 08:47 AM
In response to Tishd

Char, you poor thing with all those hives!!!!

Cheryl, love the shirts you creative girl!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Cheryl,
Thinking of you and Karyol today.
Hopefully he will be feeling better!

We just had a nice breakfast.
Bacon and eggs.
We both watch our cholesterol so we don’t have it too often.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-13-18 09:03 AM
In response to bonprof

Sitting in my recliner at the infusion clinic. Waiting for the meds to come.

It’s hard to concentrate in here. It’s noisy. I’ll post a picture of the set up on Facebook.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

Morning...

Cathe, hugs to you about your brother Mark. What a wonderful time you got to spend with him before, at and after the wedding. I'm happy to hear his daughter will be close through Christmas.

Sharon, got your beautiful Christmas card yesterday. I have it displayed with the others. You ladies do such wonderful work!

Tish, what a meeting/ run-in with an old friend. How great is that? You haven't seen her in how long? I bet she enjoyed bumping in to you too!
Bill and Hannah getting a tree finally either today or tomorrow. Bill is side stepping because it is so cold. -18* this morning. I pushed a bit because after all it is Dec 13th!

Char, hoping today goes smoothly for you. Indeed you have a full day. Have you in my thoughts.

Di, thinking of you also with having your other eye done. Soon you will have 20/20 vision!

Donna, Bubba will love his books! So happy to hear he is doing well and his reading level is up. How's Michelle doing with her caroling gigs?

Cheryl, hope today goes well for Karyol. How is he feeling today after his fall? So much going on health wise for you two, I'm sure it's hard to be in the Christmas spirit.

Josie, hope you are feeling better! How is your Mom doing, and your Dad?

Trish, new neighbors sound like they have plans for landscaping. Always a plus. Are the girls getting excited about Christmas? Did you come up with any ideas for gifts for them?

Betsey, how is Matt doing? How are Karen and David holding up? Prayers to all.

I've been trying to hold this headcold at bay... with some success. Still can feel it in my nose and throat, but have found some relief using eucalyptus oil directly to my nostrils. I can breathe!

Need to get going here. Bill doing laundry at the moment. I have to keep telling him not to overstuff the washing machine. I try to be nice as pie about it...don't want to discourage him, and I don't want a broken machine. I've had it only 2 months now?

Anywho... Ho, ho ho... Holly jolly...jingle bell rock...
BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Ugh. Finally home. Spent 6 hours and 50 minutes at the infusion center. Dang hives all over my body. After 2 shots of Benadryl and Pepcid it finally cleared up. Tomorrow I have to be there at 8:30. They have to start earlier so I can get to my oncology radiology appointment at 2. They are going to run it slower and give me Benadryl and Pepcid in the iv before I start.

I had 2 Benadryl before they started and oral Pepcid. I will definitely be going to bed early.

I was wondering if they could do that, when I saw your FB post.. Benadryl makes me sleepy also. Char, remind me what these infusions are for?? or what they are?? my brain is not working, or my memory.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Char,
You have a full day.
Thinking of you!!

Jojo,
Michelle has a total of 12 gigs.
4 of them on Christmas Eve.
She won’t be here until 9 pm that night.
She sings with 3 other vocalists.
The harmonies they make are so beautiful!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

We have been rolling coins! I always toss change in a jar from year to year and roll my change right around this time of year. Allen is rolling for me and says so far $45.00.

We don't roll anymore as our bank won't take them. We go to our Credit Union and use their coin counting machine, it's free.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Morning... I went to a very beautiful and fun Tea Party/Luncheon yesterday. There were 9 of us and we laughed our heads off and had great conversations. I'll put some pics on FB.

Cheryl; thinking of Karyol and you today. I wanted to hug you when you commented about not having fun this Christmas. sorry. Oh, question about the shirts. Are you using Iron on Vinyl? if so how are you ironing it on?? They're cute and I know nothing of that dance.

Tish; wow that's cold. Is your car in a garage? ours are not and I start it up 10 minutes before I leave so it's warmed up some and the ice is melted off the windshield, if there is any.

TRish; interesting about your neighbor. Coincidence? maybe he knows the other man neighbor and heard about the house for sale? I hope his yard ends up beautiful. I'd get rid of anything the deer eat also.

ok, bbl as have more to say

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-13-18 11:36 AM
In response to Sunnydi

FYI I don’t do the “floss “ either. Not coordinated enough. Lol

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-13-18 11:38 AM
In response to charK

TMI. Now I have stomach cramps and diarrhea. Let the good times roll. I had to send Peter for Imodium.

Only 3 and a half hours to go.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

Updated pic of LO, better lighting today
will post one of journaling tag

THANKFUL By Jojo Noons

journaling tag...

Thankful LO Journaling tag By Jojo Noons

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
JCI.
School run done and stopped at the grocery store to order Chandler’s cake and get Italian sausage for tomorrow.
I also need to figure out where my photo order is- I checked my usual WM on Monday and it wasn’t there.
I’m wondering if it went to a different store?
When I order it always wants to send it to a closer WM than the one I go to - so I wonder if I forgot to switch it.
Anyway- I ordered a canvas for Chandler’s bday and we’re doing that tomorrow.
I still need to wrap all her presents- thankfully I made her card last week- or she probably wouldn’t be getting one!

Betsey, your neighbor is odd.
I can’t even think up a logical reason for what he’s doing.

I met the new neighbors last night.
Nice people, it seems.
Chatting with the lady and her husband was kinda just standing there- I noticed and thought...hmm, he has all his nails painted.
After the normal conversation of moving here, where they’re from, etc- he says to me....I’m trans !
Now this by itself isn’t that odd but the fact that the people who just sold that house just divorced because the husband came out to his wife as trans.
What are the odds of this?!!

But I said - well, you’ll have deer coming through your yard and they love to eat that bush ( as I pointed ) - the husband said, well that bush will be coming out !!
I said, you don’t want the deer in your yard???
But he said he has great plans for the yard.
So I’m happy about that!
People who seem like they will maintain their area!!

Did I mention that he is a new neighbor...they bought that house and moved here from St. Pete.....and that's odd in itself.....they paid over $130 for this house and have easily put over $100k in it. Gutted the entire house and everything is new...kitchen baths, solar heating, roof, windows, doors, and certainly all of the stuff you can't see. He had all of the trees in his back yard removed first thing before any remodeling. The roof people are back at least once a week to fix or do something....it's been months and still they come......back to do whatever it is he is complaining about. He is from Ireland, and has truly tried to make that house look like an Irish country cottage with no shrubs, black shutters, and door etc. It's very very plain.......looks bare like almost no one lives there.......! Except for the workmen there at least five times a week for something. And that's been going on for at least 8 months. Started in late spring.......still going. One of the trees that they took down yesterday was about five feet in diameter......I watched them cut up the pcs today...took all day........They loaded it all in a trailer, with a walking front end loader ..which I have never seen. It's been an education but I have to say........call me a tree hugger I guess..but I hate the fact that they have removed every single tree on that land and every azalea...and other shrubbery and it makes me sick.

I went out yesterday to talk to the "men" who gather in Kelly's driveway when there is something to watch so they have all been there a lot this year. Also, Jeans brother is here from Ohio, for Christmas so he was right in the middle of it. The Irish man never came over but his wife did...and she was having a great time with all of the older men........Jean was not out....and I was going to introduce myself to her, and welcome her but she was too busy with the old guys to even look at me, so even though I had stopped to say hello, she never even looked my way so I kept going to the door at Kellys to give Jean her mail that was in my box. LOL

So saying he is strange is the understatement. All of that going on yesterday, he never came out, did not hang out with all of the guys in Kelly's driveway....I mean they all had lawn chairs, and coffee or beer and made a day of it. It was funny......really.

Anyway..I think they are done now...they were back today to finish cleaning up and so forth...but what a mess. If that's there idea of cleaning up tthree lots glad they aren't here. But then it's all guys........they have no clue. ROFL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well it's finally official for sure. I am defintiely a GEEZER!!!

I thought the shirts that Cheryl got were to tell her Grandsons to Floss (teeth). Then I keep reading and find out it's a dance???? I have never heard of that, or even knew what it was......OMG I am SOOOOOOO my Mother these days!!!! I have been laughing and giggling since I read all of this. OMG GEEZER Time is here!!!!!

I certainly hope she (my Mother) is getting a laugh out of this.......as I am sure she is if she is paying attention. I swore I would never ever be so "out of the loop that my grandkids would laugh at me"!!!! Sooooo scratch that theory off my list......I have not only gotten there, I am well on the way to senility.......!!!!! LOL

Edited by memex9 on 12-13-18 12:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Diana...your tea sounds like so much fun. It's fun to have old friends who do stuff like this.........I remember when I had a lot of friends and we had lunches, and buffets and pot luck things....but that was so many years ago. I was in my early 60's when that all seemed to end...People died, moved away, and all kinds of things. Sad but that's what happens here. I think when you live where you grew up, you have friends a lot longer. Everyone here that I know is NOT from here but someplace else and even though they retired here and expected to stay here, lots have changed their minds into their 70's and moved back to where they came from........Sarah and John probably would be back here now if they had both lived longer. But they loved their life in Mississippi and their house and such..so they both died happy.....with in about 6 years of each other.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to memex9

Well darn Betsey, you could have taken pictures to go with your driveway and tree story!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • Tishd Said:

We have been rolling coins! I always toss change in a jar from year to year and roll my change right around this time of year. Allen is rolling for me and says so far $45.00.

We don't roll anymore as our bank won't take them. We go to our Credit Union and use their coin counting machine, it's free.

No one takes rolled coins here anymore. You have to go to one of the coin sorting machines. I hate that!!!! I was always looking for some rare coin and have found a few while sorting a rolling. 1909 svd or b pennies are worth lots of money. that's just one...but there are others.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

My luncheon was a of fun...it was kind of noise in the restaurant but we managed to have a good time anyway.
It was a little strained at times as two of the ladies are in-laws thru their kids which have since gotten a divorce with bad feelings...they share a grand child who is 19 now and having a child of her own, sans marriage.
Again more bad feeling as the father of this 19 year old has a 4 month old son with his new wife, his daughter is having her baby in 10 days. Seems to be quite a strain on their father/daughter relationship.

The ladies do very well at keeping it civil with only a fraction of conversations between them. We have been in this loose quilting friendship for 25 years more or less.

I too thought Cheryl was talking about flossing teeth, in fact I read the shirts 3 times and as a retired dental assistant thought "Way to go grandma", then I read her post and though..HUH??
Will have to look up floss dance on YouTube!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Well darn Betsey, you could have taken pictures to go with your driveway and tree story!!!

Actually I did try to take photos of the whole tree thing. They were there from 8 in the morning until dark last night. There were always six or eight men working.....trucks and cranes everywhere...it was a mad house. But the funny part was all these old goats in Kellys driveway in their lawn chairs talking about how they were doing it all wrong..etc. etc. etc. etc. It was hilarious really. But I was kind of afraid to take photos of them......the Greek man is not very nice and especially doesn't like me, as I am too outspoken. It had to do with dirt that he dumped in our pick up pile in the alley. One day he was giving Kelly a hard time about it and I jumped in and agreed with Kelly and he told me to shut up.....I was a woman...............:"you don't know anything"!!!!! AHHHHHHHH Kelly stepped back about five feet at that point...when I asked him later why he did that, he said he was getting ready for the brawl. Greek men.........Bah Humbug!!! They are not fond of women involving themselves in anything that does not have to do with cooking, childcare or laundry. Possibily gardening....but not even that most of the time.

We have a large population of Greek Immigrants who have never mainstreamed and pretty much keep their community and traditions alive. They have a whole town that is predominately greek.....Tarpon Springs is the name and they came her 150 years ago especially if they were sponge divers or fishermen.... and that area is filled with sponges for some reason. There are still sponge divers there and they go out daily during the "season " for collecting sponges. You can still buy natural sponges of every shape color size and there is a lot to know about them. LOL

They ahve an entire town...very big, with two big greek churches and a lot of traditional dances and ceremonies and the biggest one is in the spring...where the head minister of the cathedral throws a gold cross (very large) into Tarpon Bayou, and teenage boys dive in to get it. The one who does is supposed to have good luck for the next year and they win all kinds of things. There are lots of Greek (authentic) restaurants in this area also. It's the next town south of New Port Richey between us and Clearwater. \\

Its' quite the tourist mecca....lots of shops and food and museums etc. The whole idea of sponge diving began when you had to wear those big heavy suits and were attached to the boat with a breathing hose and all kinds of tragedy happened as a result. It's all quite interesting really. I used to have space in a cute little antique shop there. They have a whole street that is referred to as Antique Row....all kinds of shops and it used to be just wonderful......!!!! I don't think it's quite the same these days...some shops are still there but alot of art type crafts have taken over. Pottery, Jewelry, paintings and the usual array of wonderful art things.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I forgot my main reason for checking in.......which was to let you know that I am fine.....but am on my Christmas marathon scrappy thing. I am doing Rachaels album.....and have been trying to just concentrate on that.....will take some photos and load them when I ahve the time.

But in the meantime...just wanted to say Hello..and see what's happening.......and let you know I am fine, just busy.

Lilly's trip to milk and cookies with Santa went about as well as usual. She could not decide whether to go or not...decided at the last minute, then was shy and weepy when she got there...She does NOT like having to go up and talk to Santa. She never has, and apparently never will. LOL Otherwise she had a fun time....saw her friends from school who seem to love her....they all were pushing and shoving to hug her. I find it all amazing.....other kids seem to really like her. She was also very well liked at Leap Forward. When she got there for graduation I could not get over the kids who ran up to her to hug her......it was so fun. So at least her personality issues don't seem to interfere with having friends. That's a good thing I am thinking.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 01:43 PM
In response to memex9

I guess I am a geezer too because I never heard of the floss dance.

We have a stray cat hanging around. Big, black and white and quite pretty. Reminds me of Oliver. Oliver watches it carefully. Also just saw a fox run through. I hope it isn’t after the cats! Eek!

JoJo, I am glad you have Bill doing laundry!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

I guess you can mark me down in the geezer column too.
No idea what floss is other than to clean gunk from in between your teeth and keep your gums healthier!
I’m going to ask my girls when they get here.
Which will be soon and of coarse.....I’m tired.

I think it’s just this part of the day.
I got up earlier than I’d like because of the school run.
I’ve ran my errands and did my chores.
Now in my recliner where it’s warm and cozy with the sun coming thru the window- and it’s ever so quiet- which is what I love!

I have about 45 or less till they all come barreling thru the door- the beast included ( Josephine)

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Lol.
Michelle knows about the floss dance.
She showed us.
So funny!
Kerry did it to.
Hilarious.
She keeps up with the young people.
If you YouTube it, lots of fun videos.
2 more treatments after today.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Trish,
I love my recliner as much as you!
And I have a special pima cotton blanket.
Love my cozy time.
Sunny often climbs up and curls up beside me.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 03:30 PM
In response to ChansGram

Max showed me the floss dance! Now I am informed. I can floss! LOL

I am sad for Abbi tonight. She was telling her dad tonight that her mother said she was not doing Christmas this year and wasn't putting up a tree and they each would get one gift. She also told the kids if they wanted to get something for their dad to do it on line because she wasn't going shopping! ??????? i could tell that Abbi was upset and fighting back tears. I told Tim all the more reason he better get a tree up for them. We have a nice good size up upstairs I told him to take and any decorations he wanted.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 03:32 PM
In response to bonprof

Donna, Oliver has started laying up beside of me in bed at night. I love it when he does.

I love cats and want to adopt the stray but Allen would have a conniption fit if we had another cat. I am not even sure it is a stray.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-13-18 03:37 PM
In response to Tishd

Char, I can still remember the chemo ritual. They would give me two benadryl, two Tylenol .

How much longer do you have to go through this?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Char - Sorry you are having icky side effects of the medication.

So glad I could provide new information regarding the Floss dance. Karyol tolerated his first treatment ok. Today’s treatment was only 3 hours. Saturday they will start 4 hour treatments. Tomorrow night I will be going to our holiday dinner at church. I just took my cake out of the oven. I am also making my bonbons tonight for Saturday.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-13-18 05:48 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hello!

What a long day. Today’s side effect is a headache. I did make it to the radiology appointment. She took pictures and I was in the ct donut. Got my tattoos.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to charK

Jaelynn knew the floss dance and can do it- the other 2 didn’t partake and didn’t even say they knew what it was.

I didn’t try it- I’d probably throw out a hip!
Tish, good for you for doing it, you hip granny!!

Donna, I can definitely see where Kerry would keep up with the haps of youth- she seems like she’d be fun!

Tish, did Abbi say why her mom was going about it this way for Christmas this year?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to ChansGram

Oh Tish...I am sorry for the grands. They are too young to be without the fun of Christmas!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to bears99

How sad for the kids.
It is probably too late to help the kids make something for their dad.
That is a hard lesson to deal with this time of year.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

I’m sad for Abbi and Max also. Does this seem typical of her?

The baby came by today... with his mommy. He’s so fun. They had a fabulous time in Whistler. Dori had one whole day of ski lessons and is liking it. Her grandpa took her down some runs yesterday and the videos of her are cute. My son in-law called tonight to let us know he got a promotion with more pay.. the best part is he will work right here in Renton. His 2.30 daily commute is down to 30 mins daily. Fabulous. I’m not sure what the new job is doing...

Donna, it’s so exciting you are at the end of your treatments. What a relief for you.

Josie, feeling any better?

K ni ni.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 06:15 AM
In response to Sunnydi

My ex did, Melissa, is different, and no it does not seem typical. She sounds depressed. I remember when she used to decorate her house so beautifully, even Tim said that. I do not understand this at all, Max is only 14, and Abbi 17. I will help them buy something for both their dad and mom. I am also going to buy a couple of those gingerbread house kits so they can put them together here. Maybe they are to old for them, I don’t know.
No matter how depressed I might be, I would still do a nice Christmas for my children.

Tim and Melissa were married for ten years but I never thought they were a good match. Luckily they are able to stay sociable for the kids. I would talk with her but do not feel like I should butt in.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 06:17 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, congratulations to your son-in-Law!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

Morning!!

Tish, I feel for Max and Abby. I know the angst a parent can feel. Hard one to deal with... You don't want to butt in, but at the same time you want to make sure they have a nice Christmas. I think the gingerbread house kits are a great idea. I use to have a day of decorating sugar cookies for Hannah with all the neighborhood kids. They loved it. I'm sure if Abby and Max know they will have Christmas celebrated at their Dad's and at your house, it will take the sting out of their mother's descision. I feel for their Mom too... She just might feel overwhelmed with everything.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 07:03 AM

It seems to be really bothering me, Jojo, so I can imagine how Abbi must feel. She loves Christmas! I will do more for them this year if I can.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

Tish,
Thank you for the beautiful card!!
So thoughtful.
Praying Abbi and Max have a bright Christmas..

Kerry is going to spend the weekend with her best friend.
Michelle is coming down Saturday night.
I’ll have some time to myself which I love.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-14-18 07:25 AM
In response to Tishd

Quick check in. Leaving in a few to Seattle.

Caitlin and Arthur did gingerbread houses last night They are both 19. They are so cute. Arthur wanted to go get more candy. They each were doing one. He has no family in Washington. They all live in California or Mexico.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Good morning,
Cloudy wet with a damp chill in the air.
Today I am finding new products and techniques to try as well as working on my Dec daily pages.
We will see how far I get with that before going down a rabbit hole of information!!
Going to Brookes Christmas concert tonight with DS1 while DS2 and family come over to visit with dDick, bring him dinner, and Carmel will cut his hair.
Hope the weather clears by tonight but if not I will only be driving to the north edge of town, meet up, and Brian will drive us both the rest of the way.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Tish, thank you for the beautiful card, love all that I get.

What are you doing in Seattle today??
Did I miss something?
Gingerbread houses are hard!!!
I tried once!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Good morning.
No school run today!
Jae went home with DD last night.
Jae and Ky are both going to the same birthday party tonight- so Jae won’t be home tonight either.
No roommate for 2 nights- yip-eee!!!

Both of my fellas are home today but DS already left.
He has his work party at 11.
Then he said on his way out- I will be late- I’m meeting up with a girl and going to dinner and a movie.
Here we go.

Don’t know what DH and I will be up to.
I bought some tables that need assembling- maybe I can talk him into that!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Di, congrats to your SIL on the promotion and even better on the commute!
It’s nice that Dori is learning to ski!
My kids or grands never did but DS has skied and can but it’s just not his thing.
Jae tried ice skating last weekend with her mom and loved it- said she can’t wait to do it again.
DS tried to get her to try it the week before when they went to the parade of lights and she wouldn’t try it.
So I reminded her of the “ you don’t know till you try “ thing!!
Jae is a lot like her dad- can pretty much do anything if they try.

Donna, I’m am so happy for you with just so few treatments left.
They seem to have hardly bothered you, so thankful!
Enjoy your weekend.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Sharon, hope the weather behaves for your travels today.
Have fun at the concert.
Does Brooke play an instrument or sing?

Char, hope you’re going to Seattle for something fun and not more appointments. You need a break!

Cheryl, hope your DH is doing better today.

Tish, will Max and Abbi spend Christmas Day at your house?
My DD didn’t put up a tree this year either.
She said Josephine would just get into it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

I am so glad the 12 days of Christmas are over and the annoying pop ups are gone.
There, I said it.
There has been pop ups since thanksgiving.
Enough.

Got that off my chest and now I can move on!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

I too am happy that the pop ups are gone!!!
Then I ended up placing an order today because there is free shipping!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

The weather is already trying to clear up, the temps are more mild than they have been for the last week!
Have a window open to let in a little fresh but humid air.

Brooke plays the French Horn in the concert band.
She gave up the marching band...don't know why for sure and too much drama to ask!!
Or very little info when you do!
Depends on who you are talking to when asking, her (no info) or her mother (drama).

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 09:18 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I hope you were kidding about your hubby meeting up with a girl! LOL

Max, Abbi, Tim, John and Ellie usually stop here on Christmas day. I need to start a new tradition I think! Possibly ordering Chinese food for Christmas Eve and having them over. We will see.

Donna and Sharon glad you got the cards I sent. I always feel bad sending out the store bought ones after seeing all the beautiful handmade ones!

Trish hope I had your correct address this year. One year I sent a card to you and it came back to me!

I didn't realize your DD doesn't put up a tree. You do so much for the girls for Christmas so I am sure they are ok with her decision. My tree is small and on a stand so Oliver doesn't pay any attention to it. Hopefully he never decides to climb the tree!

Sharon enjoy the concert! and yes, I hope the weather cooperates.

I saw where Betsey posted a weather map of your area on FB Grans thread. Sounds like lots of rain. I actually think we are getting rain tomorrow which means it will warm up a bit. I hope the weather is good for my Monday appointment.

Sharon your children are so good to spend time with their dad like they do.

I am glad that Karyol has one dialysis appointment behind him.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 09:22 AM
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, I am a card lover so I, too, love all that I get! People do not send them like they used to. Postage has gone up so much over the years.

Char, thanks for mentioning the gingerbread houses! I am going to pick some kits up this weekend. Extra candies too!

Oh, my fingers are busy today with the knitting needles!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-14-18 09:29 AM
In response to Tishd

I’m in Seattle at the university of Washington hospital. I have appointment with the neuromuscular clinic. Consultation on my NAM.

We arrived an hour early. Having coffee in the cafeteria.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-14-18 09:33 AM
In response to charK

My brother is in the hospital. He fell and couldn’t get up. His wife had to call 911. He’s been having problems walking and has fallen before. This time he couldn’t get up and Julie couldn’t get him up.

He refused to be transferred to Des Moines hospital. It’s about 2 hours away from their house.

He’s on the same cholesterol medication that I was on. They checked his CK level and it’s elevated. I’m worried he will have NAM.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to charK

Tish, I said my DS was meeting up with a girl......not my DH !
I got your card yesterday or the day before.
Thank you!
And I got sharons a few days ago.
Thank you too!
Cheryl and cathe a week or so ago.
Thanks to everyone if I haven’t said so before.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Char,
So sorry to hear about your brother!
Lots of love and prayers.
You already have so much to think about.

I did some wrapping this morning.
Still have a little shopping to do.
Kerry is picking up gift cards next week.
My girls love to shop for clothes.
They are getting other things as well.

Im done with Connors shopping.
Santa is bringing Legos and books.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Quick check in. Leaving in a few to Seattle.

Caitlin and Arthur did gingerbread houses last night They are both 19. They are so cute. Arthur wanted to go get more candy. They each were doing one. He has no family in Washington. They all live in California or Mexico.

I thought he had family here... seems to me you said she'd gone out to dinner with them???

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Char, hoping your brother does not have NAM. Best wishes for today. Thinking of you. That's quite a drive for you.

TRish; I lol when Tish commented about your DH meeting a girl.. so easy to misread.

I'm on a break from sewing... Today I am making Daelen his 'stocking for Grammy and Grandpa's house'. I didn't get it done last year ans so on Christmas Eve last year I brought out my stocking supplies and we all voted on what color combination for his: green and blue won... Seahawk colors... haha. We have a lot of fun with stocking stuffers. This year I bought the girls a small pedi unit, silicone gripper, and I'm still shopping.

Dorina has asked me to take her to the dollar store so she can buy presents for her mom/dad/brother... We'll do it next Tuesday after she's out of school. Will be fun. Grandpa wants to go also.

I put a pic on FB of the 'salad in a cup' I did. Jojo, I used your recipe and it was a hit... I chopped everything small as I knew I only had so much room in a cup.

ok, break over.. bbl

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

2 more treatments left.
Today and Monday.

Di, it’s so sweet that are making Daelen’s stocking.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 12:44 PM
In response to ChansGram

Oh my Trish! Glad you clarified. I just thought your hubby was teasing you! I am glad your ds is meeting a girl for dinner!

I need to start wearing my "specs" more!

Just popped a pan of brownies in the oven to please husband. They are so easy with a mix that I should tell him to make them himself. LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-14-18 12:47 PM
In response to Sunnydi

We love stockings here too, Di.

Char, I am curious, what kind of cholesterol meds were you on? and why did you stop taking them, or did you?

I haven't been taking mine like I should. I think the med makes my bones ache! Probably all in my head!

Donna, only two to go! Hooray!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Lots to read!!
I can't believe it's almost 6:00 pm and I'm just getting in here to say hello.

I have to go get the pizza in a few minutes.
Explain to me why that is MY job!!!!

So much to comment on:

Char- so sorry to hear about your brother. Sure hope your brother doesn't have NAM.
I too, thought Arthur's parents lived in Wa.

Tish- that is so sad that Melissa isn't putting up a tree or partaking in Christmas. I wonder what is wrong. Didn't she have a boyfriend? Did they break up? You'll make Christmas special for the kids. Yes, start a new tradition.

Di- oh how wonderful that Stephen got a promotion and won't have a long commute anymore!!
The salad in the tea cups was such a cute idea.

Cheryl- glad Karyol did ok with dialysis today.

Trish- your DD isn't putting up a tree either???? Does she have out other decorations for the girls?

After I got Van to school I came home for about an hour.
I met Carole for awhile, We went to Macy's, Pepper Creek, the library and Home Goods. We parted at 11:45
I had a lunch date with my friend Sue.
After lunch I shopped some more. I keep sending Casey photos of toys and she ya's or nay's them. Carole asked if I couldn't just buy what I want. I run it past Casey as she knows what they will play with or not.

Guess I'd better get going. Catch you tomorrow.

Words with Friends--I tried loading the app on my new Ipad but couldn't find the same app. Maybe I'll play after Christmas.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

evening... I got the stocking made, will hang them all tomorrow: 9 now.

I'm off to take care of Daelen soon. Danielle will drop Dorina off at dance (5), zip up to her Uncles (cancer one) to visit.. her hubby is meeting her there. Then she'll go get Dori (7) and come home.. not sure if Stephen will beat her, they will have two cars.

how was everyone's day?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Di,
My day was great.
Wrapped presents and went to therapy.
Just got home awhile ago.
I have the house to myself, it’s ok.
Sunny and Lucy are here... lol

Enjoy your time with sweet angel!!

Edited by bonprof on 12-14-18 04:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

Hello!

Yes, so much to comment on!!

Di, so happy the twisty pasta salad was a hit! Serving in tea cups was a great idea! I always use that salad, it's my go to. It is colorful, tasty and satisfying. I always get compliments on it. Hasn't failed me yet! I made stockings for Ms. Elizabeth and family before Chace came along. I spoke with Elizabeth about having to make one for Chace, she told me not to bother, she bought one! Ouch! My thinking was his had to match the others, which I said to her. Elizabeth commented she went to the black patch theme... Bought oknew for ALL of them. Guess mine are tucked away...Ouch again! Oh well!

Char, praying your brother gets to a doctor and is checked. Scary how his fall sounds familiar. Hugs to you with all these appointments for the past week. Hope you can relax now that they are past you. I too thought Arthur had family in WA.

Trish, I chuckled over your comment of... Here we go! With DS meeting a girl for dinner and a movie. We as Mothers know our children well don't we? Hehehe... Your DD not having a tree... I'm shocked once again... I never could do that having kids in the house.
Oh Lord... I say that and here I sit without a tree yet! I'm about to spit bullets over it. Yesterday was too cold (morning), then it warmed and niether of them wanted to go and get one. Then today, Billy was busy getting the groomer ready for the trails... Geez! Where's the Christmas spirit?

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Tish, it has warmed up considerably. The temp is about 38*. Tomorrow is opening day for the snowmobiles. Hubby was busy getting the groomers ready to get out and smooth the trails.
I got your card the day before yesterday. Thank you very much!!! Pat yourself on the back for mailing Christmas cards. I buy them every year and never get them mailed! How bad is that! The intent is there... I just never seem to get to it. Oh and I save them... Because well I may send them out next year, then the next year comes and I buy more... I could sit on a pyschiatrist's couch on this topic alone!

Cathe, you made my head spin with the busy day you had. I give Elizabeth money to buy for the boys. Her MIL goes so overboard... I have no idea what to buy for them.

bears99
Diva
bears99

Hi all. I know this is probably TMI but my highlight of the day is that Mom pooped!! All day it has been this laxative and that stool softener. Talking to this home health nurse and then her doctors office. Then a suppository and then warm prune juice with a teaspoon of melted butter in it. FINALLY, next was a trip to the ER. Glad we didn’t have to go that route. She has been home 2 weeks on Sunday and had only gone once!! I am going home tomorrow!!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to bears99

Is she on opioid pain medications in the hospital and since leaving it??
It will do it every time specially to the older folks.
You hear the nurses in ER grumble about Dr not giving or telling pt's to take softeners and such along with the pain medication.

Jojo, wouldn't you just like to once forget about doing all the prep work for these holidays and see what happens on Christmas morning?? Thanksgiving...
Guess that is why so many people go out to eat on Mothers Day!!!

Cathe, you do have a busy life with friends and family.
Have the pizza delivered!
The best pizza places don't have delivery which is why we eat the junk pizzas!

1more to go Donna!!!
Happy Monday!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sewflake

Cathe - Karyol had dialysis yesterday not today.

Char - Sorry about your brother!!

Donna - ONE more treatment!!!

We had our holiday dinner at church tonight. It was nice.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Di,
My day was great.
Wrapped presents and went to therapy.
Just got home awhile ago.
I have the house to myself, it’s ok.
Sunny and Lucy are here... lol

Enjoy your time with sweet angel!!

Donna enjoy your quiet time. Sounds like a wonderful day you had!

Page 563 of 563 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics