Page 491 of 491 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Enjoy crop Di!!
Happy for you!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Wow, Trish, sending children to school is expensive today isn't it?

We have had company this afternoon. Julie stopped by and Allen's brother and wife stopped by for a visit. I haven't seen my sil, Gail for about a year. She is 79. I can't get over how hunched over her back is now. I hope I do not get that way!

Just imagine if you have three or four kids in school!!!!!! Ours lists are unbelievable. We are truly supplying a lot of stuff that used to be provided by the school system. And now they only provide one set of text books per class room........which in the elementary grades actually is more than one set. One set of readers, one set of match and one set of science. I don't know what they do about spelling, if they even teach it anymore, geography and history. We used to have books for every subject that we could leave in our lockers or take home and use to study. The entire point of homework in those days was to force you to have to look up answers in the text books and thereby getting you to learn a lot by reading to find the answer to your homework questions. I think this is another reason why kids know so little about our history and stuff like that. They have no real reason to learn anything but what the homework assigns. Lilly had homework every night from VPK that was on a copied sheet that the teacher made up and then made copies for each kid to take home. She had to keep them in a folder that she took back to school each day so the teacher could correct them. These little four years olds already have had homework and the having to keep track of a folder etc. etc. etc. which is not all bad, but seriously...what are we doing??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Then they get to school and are in a kindergarten with many other kids who never went to VPK so then what????? I really do see this as somewhat of a problem........! But then....what do I know????? I just know that on the very first day.........Lilly and many others will be subject to total repetition of things she has already learned..........and probably for a few weeks....that will be true. Doesn't sound like the way to encourage kids to learn at school. But again....what do I know????? Hopefully there is a way to undertake this issue.......without making two groups of kids which always turns into someone feeling singled out. And we know we can't have that happen these days.

I really do wish there was a way to teach all kids in the same room and not leave anyone out or be repetitive or boring for those who are more advanced. But I am pretty sure this has been a problem in schools for years and years. I truly have no solution that is good for all kids........!!!!

If someone could ever figure out how to teach the really bright kids the same as the ones who need extra help and not make them feel bad about themselves or too good about themselves we would be miracle workers. As long as there is public school where all are pretty much treated equally.........this is a problem. I am pretty sure it always has been. And of course then there are the kids who are a whiz at Math and hate reading and don't want to read at all. I am glad I don't have to figure out how to teach all kids in a class of 30 or more......! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish.....after thinking more about your flying alone....and having to change planes you can request assistance when you make your reservation and when you check in at the airport and someone will meet you with a chair/cart and the attendant on the plane will make sure you get off the plane with all you have in carry on etc. You just have to request that kind of assistance. I have had that and it's very nice.........as you know I am not a fan of the wheel chair ride but if it gets me from point A to point B on time and in good shape.....that's a plus/ ALSO remember you also get to board early....which is so much less confusing. But the KEY is to request boarding assistance and plane change assistance etc. DO it when you make the reservation and when you check in at ALL places. Make sure they ALL know you are supposed to have assistance. I know you are not good at speaking up at the doctor but remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel.....because I HATE having to do all of those things....HOWEVER ....it gets me to Point B from Point A without mishap and that is a very good thing. I don't worry.....my family doesn't worry....etc. etc. etc.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

I didn't think Tish was flying alone. I thought Jojo and her were hooking up to fly together??

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Wishing everyone a greeat Saturday. I am reading the instructions for our Challenge and will be trying to start it today. We will see how far I get.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Oh geez, I forgot all about the challenge.
I’ve been working 3 assembly style LO’s- as soon as I’m done with those I will work on the challenge.
Thanks for mentioning it.

No plans for today so I’ll scrap the day away.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish.....here is one of the first pages I did using a sketch from the book we bought.

Magnificent By Memex9

This is one of a bunch of pages i have finished in the past couple of weeks.....and forgot that Tish asked if I had used any of the sketches yet and this is one. Now I can't find the sketch in the book...I guess I need to mark them as I use them...ROFL

Edited by memex9 on 07-14-18 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

I did not know how well it it working out with Tish and Jojo getting flights together. It seems as close as they live it is all out of the way airports or long drives for one or the other.
By the time you coordinate the flight time at the best price it seems everything if booked or the cheap price is no longer valid!!
Just thought asking for flight assistance would alleviate the need HAVE TO TRAVEL with someone else.
When I go anywhere it would be helpful to have the assistance if you end up in an airport with long travel between gates!!!

Just took my fresh hot caramel rolls out of the oven! Recipe from my mother!
Guess what for dessert?

It is a good thing to be bored at the hospital Donna, it shows you are getting well!! Which we have all been praying for. Now when you get antsy, that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have been working on some pages while here, I will have to take a look and see if any of them will qualify for the challenge this month. It has been challenging just getting pages done with such limited supply's.

I need to check my tic-tac-toe list .......

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, yum on the rolls!
Limited supplies or not having my own supplies is going to be an issue for me at the crop in October.
But I will make the best of it and go with the mind set that I won’t be completing pages- just working on pages!
The best part is just getting to hang out and meet IRL.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Great update:

White blood count up to 5.9!!
Special meds made that happen.
Full diet.
If I keep today's food down,
I go home in the morning after seeing my doctor.
Thank you God!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Char,
Check in please.
How are you doing??

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Donna, that is good news!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Breakfast dishes done and now in my scraproom.
Glass of tea and my tru tv going.
Let's see what I can accomplish.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-14-18 10:42 AM
In response to ChansGram

Good morning Grams

First I feel awful. Second I got a message from my rheumatologist saying that I have ANOTHER rare condition in addition to the NAM. This one came from the University of Washington muscle bioposy. It's very bizarre. Long name for it of course. MMF is the acronym. I don't understand it and my doctor is looking it. Bottom line I feel like I am in for bad news. When it mentions "paralysis" that scares me.

My stomach hurts everyday. Nothing sounds good and I feel awful. I am exhausted from doing nothing. My muscle weakness in my legs has gotten worse. I have to get the toilet seat riser I can barely get up.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to charK

Gosh Char, I don't even know what to say.
How much bad news can one person take.
Thinking of you and hoping the docs can come up with meds and a solution that will help you.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Oh Char...
My heart is jumping out to you.
Im so sorry you are going through all this.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

ah, Char... so so sorry. It has to be confusing. hugs.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

Hi Donna, well that is good news and I'm hoping the food stays down.

I have been looking at our Tic Tac Toe graph for the challenge and am going to do it at the Retreat. Got stuff ready for it.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Donna - Glad your counts are up!! Praying you get to go home tomorrow.

Char - I am so sorry for all you are going through!!

Betsey and Tish - Maddie and Brayden’s school has an online ordering for school supplies. You just plug in girl or boy, what grade and their names. On registration night, the boxes are there for the, to pick up. They were $65/each. I paid for them. I love doing it this way!! Ryan’s schoolmjust gives a list.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, my girl's school does that as well.
Our kits for 5th grade was $137.00
I'm sure I can do it for cheaper and it's not like I'm pressed for time- so I'll bargain hunt to save the money!
I'm not even paying for it but still want DS to save the money if he can.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

My LO for the challenge.
I think it has all the requirements.
Hello memories By ChansGram

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Darling layout Trish,

Feeling good. Just woke up from a nap.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Im probably not going to do the challenge, Sharon.
Haven't been in my scraproom for 8 days and so behind on other commitments.
Thank you so much.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Here is one of the 3 -all the same.
Happy and Bright 2015 By ChansGram

That puts me at 10 for the month!
Not that I need a certain number to make me happy but I want to feel like I'm making an effort at using this scraproom and all the supplies I just had to have!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bonprof

I am sitting here at the crop looking out over the rest of the people (there are 40 scrappers here), sipping a cup of hot coffee, with my computer in front of me. Kristi asked me if I was getting anything done....I said, "nope, but no one is needing a snack, I don't need to be wiping up a puddle of pee or changing poopy panties, no one is telling me they are hungry or needing a drink, I'm not being called on the radio and told what repairs are needed or what phone call needs to be made to what neighbor because the bulls are out. NO ONE needs me for ANYTHING and I am loving it!! LOL I am not getting much done and it is great!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
I am sitting here at the crop looking out over the rest of the people (there are 40 scrappers here), sipping a cup of hot coffee, with my computer in front of me. Kristi asked me if I was getting anything done....I said, "nope, but no one is needing a snack, I don't need to be wiping up a puddle of pee or changing poopy panties, no one is telling me they are hungry or needing a drink, I'm not being called on the radio and told what repairs are needed or what phone call needs to be made to what neighbor because the bulls are out. NO ONE needs me for ANYTHING and I am loving it!! LOL I am not getting much done and it is great!!

HAPPY-HAPPY-HAPPY for YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Donna - Glad your counts are up!! Praying you get to go home tomorrow.

Char - I am so sorry for all you are going through!!

Betsey and Tish - Maddie and Brayden’s school has an online ordering for school supplies. You just plug in girl or boy, what grade and their names. On registration night, the boxes are there for the, to pick up. They were $65/each. I paid for them. I love doing it this way!! Ryan’s schoolmjust gives a list.

They don't do that here for a lot of reasons. There are people who do not buy anything on the list and so the teachers have to supply those kids with the stuff....Then of course there are others who buy more than the amounts on the list so that some other kid has the stuff they need.

I was just talking to a teacher at Jordans Birthday about all of this. It's very sad that it has to be this way,,,,It's a shame that the schools no longer supply some of the things that they used to but in all honesty we always had to buy our kids crayones, pencils, pads, school bag tape and other stuff like that. We did NOT have to supply kleenex, disinfectant wipes, and all of that kind of stuff.....But trust me you want them to have that stuff as it is that stuff that keeps more kids from getting sick. I just don't understand our world these days. These two teachers told me that about 25% of their kids do not bring anything to school and expect the school to buy everything their child needs including the back pack. When did that begin????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Char...I am just without words......how can his all be happening to you??? I am so very very sorry and sad!!! What a terrible thing to have to deal with.......I don't have any words that will bring you comfort and at those times I think one just has to put their head down and push through until you find out more. I guess because of my years in AA all I can think of is to Live each moment.......and know that you only have to do this for today. Tomorrow is not here and the miracle can happen at any time. Deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Cry if you need to.......sending you hugs and love...as I know we all are.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to memex9

Jo,
It's so great you can catch a relaxing break at your crop.
You so need to care for you, and fill up your well. Rest, enjoy.

Betsey, your post to Char was beautiful!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Morning,
Slept really well!
Waiting to hear that I am officially going home today.
Final blood work needs to be done.

Bbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

Honies I'm Home!!
It feels good.

Di- believe me I know about coming home a day early from camping! That was one sweet moment with Danielle and the kids sleeping at your home.
Have fun at the crop.

Donna- so sorry to hear that you are/were in the hospital. Thank heavens for modern medicine as flawed as it is. I'm glad you qualify for home health.

Char-
I'm praying the latest blood work was wrong!!!

Jo- What a bummer to have to get up so early and then to get there and not be able to complete your appointment. Glad there was a Silver Lining though. YHEA for escaping reality for awhile!! Loved your answer to Kristi asking you if you were getting anything done.
The fly swatter painting went over Big TIME! The kids loved it.
Thanks for the idea.

JoJo- I haven't been out back to look at my tomatoes. Rum said he say some little ones. I think they are on the "early girl" plant.

Trish- sure hope Josephine is ok by now. I put your challenge Lo on the first page.

Did anyone else do the challenge?

Tish- Good idea to set up assistance when flying.

Cheryl- That is so nice of you to help out with the kids school supplies.

Betsey- It seems that some people expect things handed to them. Rum and I discuss this issue a lot. When we were kids parents got two jobs if they couldn't make ends meet. They were WILLING to help their families.
I know for awhile there weren't any jobs, but there are help wanted signs ALL over----here and in Baraboo too.
Now all are great jobs, but they are jobs.

Sharon- boy oh boy you sure brought the heat with you this summer!! I thought you stayed longer in Iowa,---like all summer. LOL

We had a wonderful time camping. We had so many laughs!!
Casey and Doug and families went off together to Noah's Ark water park. I kept Oakley. He's such a sweetheart............until his mom shows up. He's a little stinker. ............oh well, not my problem. It warmed my heart to have the two families do something together.
I don't know if I can link Doug's video of Casey and Rayn gathering their belongings at the campsite in the rain. Doug video taped it and you can hear him saying "don't slip, don't slip" and Rayn went sliding into the car. It was an American's Funniest Video moment. She wasn't hurt but later found a scratch on her leg. it was so much fun with us all texting her in a group text about it. It was a bonding moment.

We would do "highs" and "lows" of each day and then the week.
One of my Highs was taking Oakley down to the Chateau at the Lake when everyone was leaving for the water park. He was clinging to mommy and crying. I said "lets go the the Chateau" and he immediately was fine. I got him ice cream at ten in the morning and we sat inside by these big screens and watched the birds swooping around probably eating mosquitoes and could see fish in the water. Everyone, who knew, is sworn to secrecy that I fed him ice cream at ten in the morning.

See ya later.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 07-15-18 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Almost forgot to tell you----The neighbor's cat got shut in our house when we left on Sunday. On Wednesday Brittney, the gal next door called. Athena hadn't been home and wondered if she got shut in the garage. We gave them the code to the key pad. She wasn't in the garage thankfully as she would have been dead. Our temps were in the 90's the first part of the week. Britney said they didn't want to go in the house, so Brandon (her DH) listened at the door and called her name and she was meowing.
When our kids heard the story they immediately thought the house would smell from her peeing or pooping. It didn't and I can't fine anyplace she went. There was water in Ozzie's dog dish and the toilet lids weren't down so she did have water.
Maybe she won't be so quick to want into the house anymore. LOL
The funny thing is I thought about calling Britney as we were on the road going toward Devil's Lake and didn't act on that thought. Rum said he checked the garage before we left to make sure she wasn't in there.
a day or two before Brittney called, Charity, Casey, Rose and I had a big discussion about how our brains work and how we do or don't act on our "gut" instincts-or thoughts. I should have acted on my instinct to call Brittney.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Cathe,
Welcome home!!
What a wonderful trip away.
Love the 10 am ice cream. Lol.
Grandma rocks!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cathe, I lol over the ice cream at 10 a.m. I won't tell.. if you do it in a layout your secret is out. How fun for Oakley. Your time with family sounds great.. It's nice to see our kids do things together. my two don't get much chance to do it. Rain? did it last long?

I'm doing the challenge next weekend.

Yesterday was busy and a lot of fun. The kids arrived about 5 to celebrate Dale's birthday. Anne, Dustin's girlfriend, brought her 3 yeasr old granddaughter.. She is absolutely in love with Dorina and it was fun to watch them.. Dori did a good job sharing "Grandma's toys".. I haven't even looked at photos yet.

We have the Schafer family reunion picnic today starting at 11.. we're usually done by 3.. I'm glad we have a picnic covered spot.. it's to be hot again.

Donna; praying you can safely go home.

Josie, You did a lot yesterday at the retreat... Resting and just having your brain to yourself is wonderful.

How's Josephine?? I love that name.

ok, bye for now... time to prepare food for the picnic.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-15-18 06:21 AM

Cathe, maybe the cat used your toilet! Some cats are toilet trained! I am glad she was someplace cool and not baking in the garage.

It sounds like you had a wonderful camping trip.

Speaking of school and supplies, I do not remember ever having to buy all those supplies for my children while they were in school, but that was quite a while back! LOL. We always went out and bought what they wanted, the usual pencil boxes etc., and back backs were not around in those days.

I am not sure what the grandchildren had to supply. For some reason, I can remember when I was in grade school, we always were given a new box of crayola crayons to start the year. In high school, I just remember buying what I thought I would need. We always brought our books home because I remember having to cover them. Hated that job!

Char, my prayers are with you. It sounds like you are getting a thorough workup and hopefully they can come up with some help for you.

Josie, it sounds like you are really enjoying your getaway. I am happy for you! No runny noses and no poopy diapers to change! What more could you ask for!??? lol

Donna I hope you get to go home today. Did they change your chemo meds so you do not get so nauseous? Payers for you too.

I need to check out the challenge requirements again so I can start working on it today! Trish I love your layout!

Betsey, if I do have to fly alone, I will definitely ask for assistance. My daughter Jill suggested she and one of her sisters split the time with me. Meaning she can't spend five days but can spend part of it with me. I am not quite sure how she thinks that would work out! It would involve my daughters each purchasing a ticket. Decisions, decisions.....

Thank you and Sharon for your advice on getting assistance. I think I will try calling Jojo later on today to see what her plans are now.

Di, enjoy your crop!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-15-18 06:24 AM
In response to Tishd

Trish, how is Josephine? Poor puppy! It seems like Lisa's, Leroy has has a lot of health issues. They love him to death and take good care of him!

Do you think they will get another bully to go with her?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Cathe, maybe the cat used your toilet! Some cats are toilet trained! I am glad she was someplace cool and not baking in the garage.

It sounds like you had a wonderful camping trip.

Speaking of school and supplies, I do not remember ever having to buy all those supplies for my children while they were in school, but that was quite a while back! LOL. We always went out and bought what they wanted, the usual pencil boxes etc., and back backs were not around in those days.

I am not sure what the grandchildren had to supply. For some reason, I can remember when I was in grade school, we always were given a new box of crayola crayons to start the year. In high school, I just remember buying what I thought I would need. We always brought our books home because I remember having to cover them. Hated that job!

Char, my prayers are with you. It sounds like you are getting a thorough workup and hopefully they can come up with some help for you.

Josie, it sounds like you are really enjoying your getaway. I am happy for you! No runny noses and no poopy diapers to change! What more could you ask for!??? lol

Donna I hope you get to go home today. Did they change your chemo meds so you do not get so nauseous? Payers for you too.

I need to check out the challenge requirements again so I can start working on it today! Trish I love your layout!

Betsey, if I do have to fly alone, I will definitely ask for assistance. My daughter Jill suggested she and one of her sisters split the time with me. Meaning she can't spend five days but can spend part of it with me. I am not quite sure how she thinks that would work out! It would involve my daughters each purchasing a ticket. Decisions, decisions.....

Thank you and Sharon for your advice on getting assistance. I think I will try calling Jojo later on today to see what her plans are now.

Di, enjoy your crop!

why do they think you would need someone at the crop with you. We will all be together and staying in the same place. I thought you just wanted to fly with someone......now I am confused!!! Did I miss something here????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish...thinking back my children just had regular school supplies that we bought......not those big lists that they get now days. But ALL of my grandchildren have had lists that were mandatory. I do remember Matt's first list was very small. They have gotten larger over the years. Now days they are very long and very detailed. I was chuckling at I think it was Trish who said they can buy a pack of needed items on the computer for $137. If you have four kids in school like I did that is a healthy amount of money. I am pretty sure I did not spend nearly that amount on four kids......but these days again, I don't know how people afford to send kids to public school anymore. Every time you turn around it's $10 for this......$20 for that....and the lunches are pricey......not to mention the regular stuff a kid needs these days...which truly includes a computer in the house at the very least. I know the libraries have computers for kids to use but I know at ours it's only a few........and I am thinking they could cause quite the bottleneck during school days as I am sure we have lots and lots of kids who have no computers at "home". I keep thinking that at the school where I was a lunch lady, not that long ago, we had 35 homeless kids and I am pretty sure they had no computers in the family car. Most of them were from families and were homeless living in the family vehicle.

We were talking about that yesterday at Jordans birthday......Carols Nephew and wife both are teachers at the new virtual teacher/education on line program. And they are fully aware of how many homeless kids there still are in this county. More on the East side they say....but still it's a lot of kids. It's why we have free breakfast and lunch all summer long at various schools to feed children who live in that neighborhood. It's hard to believe that's a necessary thing these days but it is. They used to only be in the schools that provided summer school....now it's not only in those schools but any area where they have identified hungry kids. don't know how that's done but I am assuming it's statistics provided by the food stamp program........but who knows???

Our income levels and cost of hosing has risen dramatically in the past three years.........yet the majority of residents have not had a raise in pay in those years.....so I don't know how people are surviving. The cost of housing either buying or renting has risen dramatically. I am not sure I understand the reasons for that. It's fine for those who want to sell their homes and move in with someone else or move out of state...but it sure doesn't fix my issue for sure. ROFL I meet more and more people that are older and now sharing a house or apartment. It's amazing.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

BTW I also giggled over the ice cream at 10 am. and NOT telling mom. You have won tjhe blue ribbon good Grahdma's award Cathe. Good for you. That's what Grandma's are supposed to do. So much fun.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Good morning.

Cathe, glad you’re home.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Loved the ice cream story.
Yikes on the cat.
Glad they got to her before she made a mess in your house.

Donna, hoping you’re well enough to go home today.
I too , was wondering about your meds going forward?
If you are on the all the same you will end up back in the hospital?

Tish, Josephine seemed a bit better yesterday .
She was begging for something DD was eating- so that’s a good sign. I hope they take her back tomorrow and have her x-rayed again- just to be safe.

Di, sounds like a packed weekend for you!
Have fun today at your gathering.

Jo, are you still staring off into space?!!!
I’d probably being doing the same.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Today is windy, cloudy and cool!
Maybe rain this afternoon.

I started my last 3 LOs of 2015 last night!
I’m so excited.
I do know moving forward that I’m not leaving all the Christmas LOs till the end.
That was too many of the same to deal with.
I was getting sick of the red, pink, white combo- especially because I was so limited on paper.
Although the last set I did was traditional Christmas colors- girls were in different clothes!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Going home today!!!!

My next chemo is Thursday.
Doctor is working on changing up meds.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-15-18 12:45 PM
In response to memex9

No, you didn't miss a thing! All I wanted them for was to fly with me and guide me around the airport!!! LOL . I need to ask her what she was thinking. The only thing that worries me about flying alone is the changing of planes and possibly getting stranded at the airport.

Didn't Cathe have to spend an extra night in Las Vegas because her flight was cancelled. Luckily she found someone to hang out with her.

My grandson, Gus, had a flight cancelled on him and had to spend the night at the airport once. My bones are to old to sleep in one of those chairs!

It will all work out.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-15-18 12:49 PM
In response to memex9

Our school provides computers for the 7th and 8th graders. They can take them home and bring back the next day. I am sure they are limited as to the sites they can get into. They are Apple laptops. I can't remember if they keep that same computer all through high school with the option to buy.

This has been since my younger grandchildren have been in school.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-15-18 12:50 PM
In response to Tishd

Dropping off a page and now have to start thinking of the challenge layout.

Enjoy The Moments That Make You Smile By Tishd

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

Home and resting. xoxoxo

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Home and resting. xoxoxo

My too

That’s good news Donna.

Bbl

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sunnydi

Busy day with coffee early in the morning, the church in the park, then shopping before walking back to the house. Then lunch then took DH out to his sisters so he could take a shower and more visiting with rhubarb pie ( I made yesterday) a short rest then start supper with a few glasses of wine...lots of chatting.
Tomorrow we are going out to the state park for a time and out for lunch......it all gives dDick some activities that keep his mind and body active but in bed early.

We had thought to stay here (Iowa) most of the summer but Mattie and dDick are ready to go home and truth be told so am I as there is more work for me being here!!! Now that Jean and Jim are back there is no place or time for me to scrap but I do have a lot of cute pictures!! I should have 100 photos waiting for me when we get home!!!!
I am REALLY getting into this Snapfish business!!! So easy to order!!

Yea for Donna being home!!!!!!!!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Wishing hoping and praying for better news for you Char!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Welcome home Cathe
and fun resting at your crop Josie! You won't even have to bring anything in October Jo as there will be techniques to learn and try without having to make scrap pages!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

Tish- I did have to spend a night in Vegas because Alegient didn't have a plane. I was not happy. At least it was all paid for and I had a hotel room.
Rayn was assigned a laptop in 7th and 8th grade.
Pretty LO. It is fun seeing the DGD when they were little compared to today.

Di- how was the reunion?
I'm tired of hot weather.

Donna- glad to hear you are back home.

Trish- on almost getting thur 2015!

I worked hard today. ..........getting stuff out of the camper, doing wash, deciding what is going to be house in the camper.
It's sitting in the driveway. I'd like to take it somewhere.

Rayn texted (which is very unusual) she suggested we try different camping sites close to the new bath house. On the last day Doug told me he'd like the same sites we've had. It is more secluded than many others. But it is close to the old bathrooms.
They did spruce them up a few years ago, but the shower situation isn't good. At least the water temperature is good now and the hot water doesn't run out like it used to. But the drains don't drain well. You are standing in a puddle of water. there are only 2 showers. In one the floor is lower than the other and so you are standing in the other person's water. ICK

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hello Sharon- guess it's you and me tonight. LOL

I am having a hard time deciding what to bring to the crop, what I can share etc.
I will bring my Big Shot and the PLATES!!!!! I gotta remember the plates!
I bought a big pack of cardstock to share.
I'll bring other things to share also.

Char and Donna- thinking of both of you.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

It was very quiet in here today.
Today was such a weird day.
The weather was cloudy and rainy the entire day and boy did we get the rain- that was nice.
I’m sure my grass was in heaven!!
Seems we all moped most of the day.
No desire to do anything and I even fell asleep in my recliner.

Sharon, do you have an idea of when you will be heading home?

Cathe, that shower situation is gross- eww.
Not sure I could get on board with that!

Donna, glad you’re home and feeling better.
I’m sure you’re dreading Thursday (?)

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-15-18 07:32 PM
In response to ChansGram

Very tired today and sore legs.

Donna so glad you are home. Stay hydrated and rest.

Cathe I would hate the shower situation. But I hate camping. I need the comfort of home. I’m a princess.

Sharon I would be wanting home too. I like my routines the older I get.

We broke a record for heat today. 93

I bet Diana was roasting. I hope she is ok.

Going to drag myself upstairs and take a shower and lay in my bed.

No food tomorrow I will be drinking the prep stuff for the colonoscopy. Yippee

Love you all and thank you for the hugs and prayers.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

I am home as well. No longer staring off into space!! Lol

I did actually get some work done on the little 7x7 album I am making for Kristi to replace her baby book. Other than that I worked on a digital book I am making for my mom. It was a wonderful time.

Cathe... love the am ice cream. Don’t be afraid to admit it!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bears99

Donna - Glad you are home!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Char, yes you know I was too hot today and I end up feeling sick and totally drained. Our picnic was on Steele Lake in Federal Way and one nice thing is we had a strong breeze today, and we were under a covered picnic table section... Came home to a cooler house than outside due to the window unit running and the doors having been closed. As Char said: 93 and it's to be the same tomorrow.

The picnic was nice.. always some family can't make it due to vacations. 53 Schafers and two of Dale's cousins came with their spouses. One can not have an in depth conversation as so many people to visit with. It's fun to see our nieces' and nephews' children growing up. Of course Daelen is the youngest.

Sharon, you sure have been busy. Any idea when you are heading for home?

ok, see you in the a.m.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Im getting a home health nurse 2x a week.
This will help a lot.
So thankful

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-16-18 04:10 AM
In response to bonprof

Donna, I am glad you are home. I hope you start feeling better!❤️.

Good morning. Max is here to spend the day. Tim starts his new job today. I hope he likes the job after leaving a job he liked.

Di, stay cool! Is the crop outside?

Char speaking of sore legs, I broke down and ordered some compression stockings from Amazon in hopes they will make my legs feel better.

Cathe, I remember now! It was Alligent Air that did not have a plane. I guess if the airline put me up in a hotel, it would not be to bad!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Good morning!

I got up before Rum-o so that meant I had to unload the dishwasher. LOL It's sort of an unwritten law, whoever is up first does it. No biggie.

I have a load of dark clothes in the dryer.
I'm going to go to Sam's and get pictures.
off to Target for misc.
and the library.

Char - good to see you, are you supposed to be doing stairs unassisted?

Di- That's a nice sized reunion. Is it a pot luck? I'm sorry it was so hot and it made you sick.

Jo- Is the 7x7 baby book for Kristi in addition to one she already has or did hers get lost?

Tish- Sure hope Tim likes his new job. Of course there is always a learning curve so it might take some time. Get a new photo of you and Max together and Max and Allen together.
How is Abbi liking Home Depot? ( I think that is where she is working)

Trish- yep, sometimes those rainy days make us mopey. It's good to go with the flo and sit around.

Guess I'd better get going. I'll bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-16-18 05:35 AM

Cathe, Allen is usually first up here, and either loads and starts the dishwasher, or unloads. He puts coffee on too.

Yes, I will try to get pictures of Max today. He is getting tall!

Abbi works at Depot Country Store, not Home Depot. It is a store with gas pumps, groceries, pizza and other food, and Subway and Dunkin Donuts....she works in the part that serves food!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I didn't think Tish was flying alone. I thought Jojo and her were hooking up to fly together??

Yes they are but that might not be a reality possiblity as the flights are hard to get for them to get together......and I was responding to What Sharon said to Tish about maybe she should consider taking those new prices she just saw and flying alone. They live 3,5 hours apart by car and neither of them live near the same airport. I was wondering how they would do that in the first place without someone having to make a big drive to one of the houses and then another long drive to an airport.

I am pretty sure I don't quite understand the way that might be accomplished......because I have never lived any place that was so far from a major airport. Someone is going to have to drive quite a distance just to get together before they get to an airport. ROFL At least that is how it's sounding to me. But maybe I have missed some posts and there are things I don't know. Whatever, I was responding to Sharons thing about Tish being uncomfortable flying alone........that's all.

Edited by memex9 on 07-16-18 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I did not know how well it it working out with Tish and Jojo getting flights together. It seems as close as they live it is all out of the way airports or long drives for one or the other.
By the time you coordinate the flight time at the best price it seems everything if booked or the cheap price is no longer valid!!
Just thought asking for flight assistance would alleviate the need HAVE TO TRAVEL with someone else.
When I go anywhere it would be helpful to have the assistance if you end up in an airport with long travel between gates!!!

Just took my fresh hot caramel rolls out of the oven! Recipe from my mother!
Guess what for dessert?

It is a good thing to be bored at the hospital Donna, it shows you are getting well!! Which we have all been praying for. Now when you get antsy, that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Diana...here is what I was responding to.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-16-18 07:17 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Yes they are but that might not be a reality possiblity as the flights are hard to get for them to get together......and I was responding to What Sharon said to Tish about maybe she should consider taking those new prices she just saw and flying alone. They live 3,5 hours apart by car and neither of them live near the same airport. I was wondering how they would do that in the first place without someone having to make a big drive to one of the houses and then another long drive to an airport.

I am pretty sure I don't quite understand the way that might be accomplished......because I have never lived any place that was so far from a major airport. Someone is going to have to drive quite a distance just to get together before they get to an airport. ROFL At least that is how it's sounding to me. But maybe I have missed some posts and there are things I don't know. Whatever, I was responding to Sharons thing about Tish being uncomfortable flying alone........that's all.

Betsey, we are only 45 minutes from a major airport, Bangor. However it is a long drive from Jojo’s to Bangor. I Can’t remember how far it is for JoJo to fly out of Manchester, NH.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

got it Betsey...

oh I had so many leg cramps last night... must not have drank enough water, plus wore different sandals...

I'm off to Danielle's soon. for seven weeks on Mondays, i'll be there with both kids.. Dale is coming over for some time with Dori.

No, the c rop is inside.. I can't imagine cropping outside... haha, can't you just see what would happen if a breeze came up.... hahaha.

Our reunions are always potluck.. The hosting family group provides the meat and utensils and is in charge of reserving venues. I was assigned 'fruit tray'.. I put together two huge trays with fresh fruit and there were only a few grapes left.. It's always refreshing in hot weather.

Donna, I'm glad you have a home health nurse coming to help. Rest up...

ok, bye for now

Edited by Sunnydi on 07-16-18 07:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Di, enjoy your day with the kiddos!
That should be fun.
Lots of photo ops- lol!
I sure miss my girls being little.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to ChansGram

Good morning!! I got up early to get to the park and running before having to have Karyol at the doctor at 9 for his last appointment with the foot doctor. I am working on laundry, food prep and scrapping.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl,
You are such a great multi tasking person.

It does my heart good to hear you gals talking about your trip. I will be there in Spirit!!

Char, thinking of you.
Your colonoscopy is tomorrow?

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-16-18 09:34 AM
In response to bonprof

Good morning.

YES tomorrow is my colonoscopy. Today is NO food and clear liquids. My complaint is that we apparently ran out of Yuban coffee and Peter put in a snickers candy bar coffee. Ick I do not like sweet coffee. I feel cheated. lol

DONNA will the nurse be checking your health when she comes? Do they do anything else?

I'm going to talk to Peter about getting a maid. I'd just like someone to do the bathrooms and floors weekly. I do not have the energy to constantly ask the girls and he doesn't do the job to my satisfaction. Why do water spots not bother him? Or the mirror being blurry?

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 07-16-18 09:36 AM
In response to charK

TISH if I can fly alone across the country so can you!! I am asking for a wheelchair to the plane at both ends. It worked great last time. They are waiting right at the plane and take you to baggage claim and to the curb for pick up. I did tip the woman a few bucks.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to charK

Char,
The nurse will always bring IV fluids.
She will monitor food intake and check potassium levels.
She will probably weigh me too.
I am down to 122.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Char, great idea on the housekeeper.
Absolutely!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Char - I don’t think a housekeeper is an unreasonable request.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to cdjohnson

We are headed home on Wednesday and will get there either on Thursday or Friday depending on how long I drive. There is no reason to rush so we will see how it goes.......

Page 491 of 491 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics