Page 526 of 526 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 09-21-18 08:14 AM
In response to bonprof

I believe that we have 5 of us with cancer diagnosis. Jo, Tish, Diana, Donna and me.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, praying the cost of repair isn't real high. I chuckled when you said you need to remember you too need to pack a bag for crop... hahaha.

Tish when I read MM, I though you meant your M&M's... silly me. Can iMM be mailed?? MM is legal in FL... check into mailing some to Sharon...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
I believe that we have 5 of us with cancer diagnosis. Jo, Tish, Diana, Donna and me.

right... I'm lucky and don't have cancer active right now..

I get my hair trimmed today and woohoo...

ok, bbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

Yikes Char--you are correct!

Donna- hope that potassium decides to spike really soon!----or you'll have more pkgs coming to the house.

Tish- can you get a doctor's note saying why you have the MM?
I don't know what kind of container it is in. Does it have a label on the jar indicating it is prescription?

I cleaned the bathroom.
Going to play now.

joyce1946
Pro
joyce1946
In response to bonprof

Good morning ladies! Wishing all of you health and recovery, it is so sad to hear about your problems with health.

I appreciate your welcomes and hellos to me. And, yes, I will scrap my new great grand's photos soon. Her name is Alaina, I did make one page so far. First, I am on a mission to scrap my trip to St. Augustine.

Thankful for no hurricane lately. I still keep in touch with folks in Virginia Beach and some of them got too much water. So hard on the Carolinas! I remember how devastated Texas was.

We here in Eastern Central Florida have had plenty of rain, no devastation, thankfully. It was a really bad time for me to have my mower break. The grass grows relentlessly! It was hard to get someone to come mow. People were just too busy I guess. Finally yesterday a friend of a friend did it. It's rough when I couldn't find anyone to take my money! Just hope I get my mower back from the repair shop before it gets out of hand again.

Not that it matters, but I drink decaf! Black. We are all different but how beautiful we can come together over our love of our babies and scrapbooking.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to joyce1946

My nurse has a nursing student today and she's really great. Nice to have the extra help.

Joyce, you are so right.
We are a very special group here and I am so grateful for everyone.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

Guess I'll never find that ice cream posting. Darn! I have found many light sorbet type recipes. You add frozen fruit first, example raspberries, tblsp of honey, milk with ice. Blend in blender till smooth then put in the freezer. Scoop and enjoy. Can use any type of fruit.

Raining cats and dogs at the moment. Cooler temps, and cooler at night causing the trees to turn. Minimal right now, will burst with color soon!

Feel accomplished with my kitchen being thoroughly cleaned. Even mopped the floor! All this and washing of many pots and pans yesterday. Didn't think it would end. I wanted to cry. Last night I put leftovers away and went to bed. More pots and pans to clean this morning...but it's ALL DONE! Finally all caught up.

Betsey, the hutches were posted as... One whole hutch, one bottom half of hutch. They wanted $225 for the full, $100 for the bottom half. This was a while back. Figured they were just what I wanted. BUT too much money and felt they would go quickly. Two weeks went by and this posting popped up again. I offered $225 for BOTH. His reply was... Let me check, they belong to my soon to be ex-wife. I'll get back to you. Offer was accepted last week. He was busy, I was busy thru the weekend, then Bill's been working on the trails... We finally got them the other night. Trying to solve the shelving, no storage problem in Cabin 1. I'm putting the other bottom part under where there are open shelves. The plates and glasses are there and can tend to get dusty being out if not used. Many times I have to wash them before another client comes in. Now the dishes and glasses can be stored inside. I'm not sure if I'll take all the shelves down. Need to see how it looks with 2 left up. I still have to get over there and do... Got wrapped up cleaning my kitchen yesterday.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Jojo Noons

Babysitting during the day today. They are down for naps at the moment.

Donna - No, I did not feel up to scrapping last night. I feel much better today and will work on projects tonight.

Jo - Sorry about lab work. Prayers it is not too bad.

Char - Is your surgery outpatient?

Cathe - Poor Mark!! More prayers coming his way.

Gotta run, be back later.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

My oh my Jojo, I hope some of your energy rubs off on me! I need to do a deep cleaning of my kitchen....that is one room of the house that never stays clean no matter how much time I spend on it!! problem is too many people spend too much time IN IT with me doing the clean up. Mostly me doing the messing too!!!

Joyce, do you get to see your DGK's/DGGK's very often?? I know you don't live close to the newest one.....

I am thankful that DS2 (Kevin) has a lawn business so he does our yard on the days he does three other neighbors. Thank heavens as I am NOT and outside person and with days like today I hate even going to the mailbox!!!

It will be around $1,300 to have the coil changed (most of that cost is in labor because it is hard to reach), tires balanced, and general check up....possibly a little higher after they find out why the side mirrors can't be adjusted from inside.
The truck is a 2007 with 80,000 miles......still drive-able enough to not warrant a new truck when hubby can't drive anymore anyway!! Hopefully this will keep the truck going til DH decides it is OK to let it go.

Di- I thought Tish was talking about her M&M's too!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jojo,
Your hutch will be so beautiful when filled with pretty glasses and dishes.
The hutch brings back memories of a story when my mom and aunt were born.
They were identical twins born on the dining room table.
A beautiful hutch just like yours Jojo was against the wall.
The babies were 5 lbs each and so healthy. They were the talk of Durand, population 700. (30 miles from Rockford where Cathe lives).

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 09-21-18 11:13 AM
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, this is the third weekend in a row I have had something going on. At least my children are old enough now so they wait on themselves and on me! LOL...They will bring their dog and Oliver does not care for dogs. Roxy is used to cats so he will attempt to be friendly with Oliver!

MM (medical marijuana....)

I just got a call from a Neurosurgeon's office in South Portland (almost 2 hours away). They set up an appointment for me for October 19th. I hate that it is so far away. Most likely if they decide to do surgery it will be at Maine Medical Center in Portland. We will see what transpires!

I love meat and potatoes too. I just do not like preparing them every night! LOL...My potato salad looks yummy. I hope it is as good as it looks.

It is a cool day for potato salad.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 09-21-18 11:18 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, not sure about the mailing of the MM....That might be illegal! Even though it is legal in Maine (medical) and in Florida, I am not so sure about it traveling across the states.

Actually the CBD oil and capsules have nothing in them to get a person high. I might check into this further.

I can live without it I guess but the THC does help me sleep. Oh well, maybe Josie (myy roommate) will have to put up with me roaming around all night. Just kidding!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 09-21-18 11:19 AM
In response to Tishd

Sharon, car repairs are so expensive! My son Tim just had to have the muffler system replaced in the Honda we gave him a year ago. It was over a thousand dollars if I remember right.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 09-21-18 11:23 AM
In response to Tishd

I try to limit my salt intake and Allen even more so. I seldom use table salt but I do tend to crave salt so I like chips and junk that isn't good for me!

Hi Joyce. I am glad to see you found your way in today!
It is nice to have you with us!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

Sharon,
Im sorry about the car repair bill!
Hopefully you are done for awhile.

Saw my wonderful surgeon Dr. Betty.
She's upset with my oncologist for not setting up the liquid iv at home. It's totally doable.
She's working with my resident doctor and oncology to get it set up before I go home.
Good. A lot of problems can be avoided this way.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

Donna- I'm upset that the oncologist didn't set up the IV at home!!
If I remember right, they were going to do that this coming Monday............but that was too late. GRRRRR

I've been in the scrap room all day again except for cleaning the toilets and making sandwiches for lunch.. The room is a constant mess. I need to part with more stuff.

Joyce- The baby's name is very pretty.

JoJo- glad you feel accomplished.

Sharon - Yikes on the truck bill. ouch

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to scrappin 2

I was wondering about an in home iv; when my neighbor had her neck fused and was on iv solutions (not even sure what it was in the bag now) that ran every morning then again in the evening. I would go over and set up her bag for her in her port. It was not that complicated but then her situation was not as serious as your either. There were easy instructions to follow.
The home nurse would come every three days to check things out and bring new supplies.

I have spend the afternoon in my scrap-room...most of that is watching movies on my computer!!! I am working on the first of the football flag team photos with Brooke. I would be going to her football game tonight but she has been sick all well and not going to be there herself...I can't say I am really disappointed as it feels like one is trying to breath water when outside!! Ugh, sticky!!

We were expecting that to be the price and have been putting it off but I figured it has to be done so get it done!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Sharon,
My oncologist is stubborn.
He has in his minds eye what he wants.
He will need to be flexible.

I love hearing about messy scraprooms Cathe.
Mine is out of control right now!
It's ok.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Hi. I got a call from the doc office about my labs on Tuesday. I am low on sodium! It is not that unusual for me...I have to work at getting enough! The other numbers we follow for the cancer will be discussed next Tuesday. All I know is that they are up some. As expected.

I\\

I am always on the low side on sodium.....odd because I use and eat salt. LOL apparently if you drink coffee however, it washed the sodium out...according to the nurse at my old Doc office. Caffeine is a diuretic and I guess sodium is one of the things that travels fast through the body...I don't know. but it was only low for a couple of labs which is 3 times a year......for me. Since then its been fine but i switched from regular to half caff and apparently that helped. He again prescribed calcium pills for me..as it's low, low, low.....he says food and sun are not helpful......at all. OMG I wish all doctors subscribed to an exact science. Every doctor has their own science to prove their theory and it's no wonder I get to the point of just doing my own investigating........so we are back to that again.......talking one a week......not every day. Maybe I can tolerate this one.......we will see. Frankly i am not starting it until after our crop. No need to be trying something new at this point. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Hi Joyce,......happy to see you in here this morning. Where do you live??? is it near Sharon???? I saw that you had a trip to St. Augustine. I lived in Jax Beach and then Ponte Vedra in the very early 90's. Loved living there I had the best of both worlds...a real city and lived at the beach....just ablock from the beach.....at night I could hear the surf if I opened my sliders in my bedroom.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to memex9

Betsey,
You're so right!
Each doctor interprets the information in a slightly different way.

Waiting for dinner. Kerry will be here soon.
She went home to love the cats, water the plants etc.
She has all her meals here. The cafeteria has surprisingly good food, nice salad bar, etc. They know her on a first name basis since this is the 4th visit; she gets a discount.
So we eat together most of the time. Nice!

Tonight I start taking an appetite stimulant that also helps with sleeping. It acts as an antidepressant as well.
Who sits around designing these drugs?? Lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Donna - Are you still in the ICU or out to a regular floor?

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 09-21-18 04:39 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Grans I came home from the oncology appointment and cried. He said that I might have to have chemo.

I was told that I wouldn’t need it. He explained it all and I understand but it really hit me hard.

Donna I see what you have going on and it’s scary.

Now I have myself all upset.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to charK

Char....yes, it is scary. I am so very sorry. many many many hugs to you!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bears99

Char,
Bless your heart!
It is scary. Love you so much!

Im going to a regular room tomorrow Cheryl.
That's a good sign.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Char, ah dang. Praying you won't have to have it. It is scary to think about it and have to do it. There are so many kinds of chemo drugs now that one does not know what to expect until into it. hugs lady.

Sharon, dang on the repair bill, but as you said, cheaper than a new vehicle.

I did 5 hours of desk work today.. caught up. I put on the movie Fried Green Tomatoes while I did it.. listened mostly but did peeks also.

We're going to go watch Dorina cheer tomorrow a.m. fun

ni ni from here

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Betsey,
You're so right!
Each doctor interprets the information in a slightly different way.

Waiting for dinner. Kerry will be here soon.
She went home to love the cats, water the plants etc.
She has all her meals here. The cafeteria has surprisingly good food, nice salad bar, etc. They know her on a first name basis since this is the 4th visit; she gets a discount.
So we eat together most of the time. Nice!

Tonight I start taking an appetite stimulant that also helps with sleeping. It acts as an antidepressant as well.
Who sits around designing these drugs?? Lol

Well whoever they are.....I would bet they get paid a healthy sum of money to do that.......as the drugs cost enough to feed a small country if you take them on a daily basis. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Sharon, praying the cost of repair isn't real high. I chuckled when you said you need to remember you too need to pack a bag for crop... hahaha.

Tish when I read MM, I though you meant your M&M's... silly me. Can iMM be mailed?? MM is legal in FL... check into mailing some to Sharon...

I don't think it's legal yet. Medical is but that's it....and even that is not going very well. No one can get it yet. We have a very conservative Governor and even though the people voted YES for medical M he has made no progress in implementing that into the system so far. At least that's the last I heard about that.

I am wrong about that.....above. Appartently we do have legal recreational and medical marijuna usage but as far as I know....it's not been implemented yet. No stores, growers etc. So I guess they are still meeting behind the dumpster, or on the streetcorner to make a purchase.....! In the meantime the gangs get riccher and the money that could have been paid into the state for taxes go unpaid and VOILA. Rick Scott has NO interest in legal Marijuna. He is still the Governor so that's where we are.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:

Of course you are right.....who did I miss??? I think that' the percentage is out of wack.......five of eleven is nearly 50% and that's a big number!!! I am so sad for anyone who has to go through any of the Cancer thing......It is truly a difficult and hard thing to watch. In many ways my husband was very lucky........in that he did not have to suffer for a long time. It was bad enough the months he had to endure.........and after the surgery he was never, ever the man he had been before surgery...but again, that was brain cancer and a particularly horrible type None of it is good.......or easy that's for sure.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies....I was up earlier and made coffee and went back to bed before it was finished. I got up at about 7:30 to find that the rest of the pot had leaked all over the kitchen....the counter tops, down the side of the cabinet etc. I used 8 towels to sop up the mess, they are now in the washer....I cleaned the counters and cl;oroxed them all.l...and I am not with a new cup of coffee and the pot is finished. I am sitting here where I can watch it. I will never leave that pot alone again.....I know there is something about a "watched pot" but I don't want that mess ever ever ever again. LOL

Page 526 of 526 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics