Page 564 of 564 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, I like you getting pedi with 'the girls'. That's fun. How's dDick?

Cheryl, I'm happy Karyol's treatments are going ok so far. I would guess he'd start feeling better. Right?

Josie, ok... maybe tmi, but not really. that issue is a big big thing with surgeries/medicines. I've seen lots of people miserable until the works get flushed and working again. I'm one of those also.
Who will watch the folks when you are not there?

I missed something along the way here as I didn't know Betsey has a granddaughter getting married.

bbl

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Morning,
Slept until 8!!

Waking up with my coffee now..
Michelle is coming at 4 to spend the night.
We will order pizza and watch a Christmas movie.
Looking forward!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to bonprof

Hello!!

We have a tree!!! Now to clean and arrange the living room to accommodate. Believe me, we will exacute the easiest scenario. If you remember we got new furniture, so swapping stuff around may be a headache. Who thinks of Christmas tree placement in May?? LOL!
Anywho... hoping to be tree trimming tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Jojo Noons

Di - They said he should stRt feeling better in a couple of weeks. He is still very swollen and can’t hardly breathe when doing the least thing like putting on clothes or walking.

We are having Christmas today at my mom’s house. I am finishing up my cooking now and then picking up Karyol at dialysis. I can’t wait to see all the grandkids open their presents.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-15-18 12:27 PM
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Good morning.

Tish, I hadn’t thought about how many days were left but now that you said “10”- I feel a bit of panic!
I have nothing-zero done.
DS did make it home but it was well into the midnight hour.
We’ll see what he thinks of her- if they were a hit or a miss- lol.
You have got to quit buying for so many people !
If it’s not in your budget don’t do it- seems most of those you buy for are adults- they’ll understand.

Sharon, have fun shopping with Mattie and her mom.
Could be crazy out there on a Saturday??

It will be fun to see how your son liked his date! Is he one to talk to you about things such as that? Tim used to be good about talking but now he is more close mouthed about his dates. As far as I know he is still seeing Alison and she is a nice girl (woman). SHe is divorced with two teenagers and has her own home. My physical therapist, Robin, knows her, and was telling me that she is a nice person and seems to really like Tim. She told Robin (the physical therapist, she was looking for a nice Christian boy! ha! Well, Tim is not a church goes, but I hope if she ever asks him to go to church, he makes the effort to go!

I know, we really have to cut down buying. Next year we will for sure (I say this every year!). Allen makes sure the money is in our so called budget but it seems like we seldom buy anything for ourselves if that makes sense.

I was laying down this afternoon and thinking about what I could have bought for the house with the money we have spent on gifts. I need a new kitchen set. Allen would say no, the one we have is fine but it really isn't much to look at!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-15-18 12:30 PM
In response to Tishd

Di, maybe I am wrong, but I think her sons daughter, Hannah is getting married. She and her man are already married but I think they had a private ceremony and now getting married in the states before they go back to Japan. He is in the service. Hopefully I am not giving you the wrong information!

Christmas stockings are fun. I need to get out and get some stocking stuffers for Allen's stocking!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-15-18 12:37 PM
In response to Tishd

Jojo, I just came in from getting the mail and received your package! I love the die cuts! I do not have any nice frames like you sent to me! Love, Love, Love them and the little buffalo plaid bag with the scented cubes are perfect! They smell so good and it is a scent Allen will not mind. Even if he did, tough! Also love the little bell. Thank you so very much!!

Getting new die cuts inspires me to do some scrapping.

It is so nice out today. The snow melted quite a bit. I was checking the extended forecast, and it says 80% chance of snow Monday. Darn, I have that appointment with the breast surgeon and I hate to cancel. Not even sure what she was going to do but whatever, I just want it done and behind me!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-15-18 12:39 PM
In response to Tishd

Cheryl, I am glad Karyol's dialysis will help him feel better. I am not sure what it all involves. Is it a machine that filters and cleanses his blood. Can you explain?

Hope your party is fun today. Take pictures! I know you will!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

Ended up not getting a pedicure, Carmel forgot she had mentioned it and in truth by the time we got done checking out from shopping I was ready to head home and may even take a little nap!!!

Jojo, your cuts came and thank you for the additions. I have those setting around the house so it will come in handy!!

I am so ready to scrap again but have other things I should be doing so no scrapping gets done!! I feel guilty spending all my time in there.

Hope Karyol can get some relief soon. It is very tiring when everything is so much of an effort!!
Enjoy your family Christmas.

I will need to gather all the Christmas stocking that mom made for the family.....all knitted with graphics and personalized with name.

We hardly buy gifts to go in them anymore but still each family hangs their stockings!

Wowzers Trish, nothing done!!!???!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jojo!
How exciting!
Enjoy decorating your tree.

Just had my shower.. relaxing and waiting for Michelle to come.
She’s coming around 2ish..

Hope everyone is doing well..

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-15-18 12:51 PM

I miss having outside lights!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to bonprof

Oh JOJO - the little bell is hanging from my purse strap!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

I’ve always had a lot of fun with the stockings.
I love filling them with chocolate and little things I know everyone will enjoy. Connor has a really cute one that I special ordered years ago. Maybe will share on grans page.

Cheryl, enjoy your day with family.
I imagine it’s hard when Karyol is struggling.
Always keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

JoJo, I received the goodies from you today!
Thank you so much.
You are kind.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Sharon, yep, I have nothing done.

Then DS calls me today to tell me we will have Jaelynn longer because her mom has to go to Nebraska.
I am not a happy camper- at all.
This was going to be my week where I went about and got all my shopping done without having to worry about time.

Hopefully it’ll only be an extra day or two.
But I know how this goes.
Then it’ll be “ well you may as well keep her and we’ll switch weeks later”.

His date was “ok”.
But he said he is not interested in her as a girlfriend- just a friend.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

On a whim, DH just made potato soup.
I ate too much, as always.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-15-18 05:43 PM
In response to ChansGram

Hello.

Had bad headache so I've been in bed. Peter is making me sickie soup.

ttyl

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to ChansGram

Quiet night here. Snowmobile season began today so we have an occasional machine pass through. We have more come thru at night then during the day.

Speaking of snowmobiles... Di did you see my post about Whistler on our FB page? Friend of ours... His son is a guide at Whistler. He's living life large! He loves every minute of it. He's also a pro... Does the off trail mountain climbing... CRAZY what they do! Unbelievable videos are posted all the time from his Dad. His Dad is one of the guys who, with Bill, was responsible for getting all northern NH trails connected.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Hope the soup helps Char. Getting a cold?

Jojo, thanks for the envelope of goodies.. You have very fancy die cuts.. I love them. I think I'll hang my bell on my purse also.

Tish, I think you're right about the wedding.. My brain was thinking it was over but that was just the shower.

CHeryl, it will be so nice when Karyol is better. Enjoy the grands and their gift opening. so fun.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• Jojo Noons Said:
Quiet night here. Snowmobile season began today so we have an occasional machine pass through. We have more come thru at night then during the day.

Speaking of snowmobiles... Di did you see my post about Whistler on our FB page? Friend of ours... His son is a guide at Whistler. He's living life large! He loves every minute of it. He's also a pro... Does the off trail mountain climbing... CRAZY what they do! Unbelievable videos are posted all the time from his Dad. His Dad is one of the guys who, with Bill, was responsible for getting all northern NH trails connected.

I just went and looked.. so much snow and people are loving it. Do you snowmobile?

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sunnydi

Bill and I had snowmobiles for about a month. We did enjoy it, but we decided to get rid of them. I don't care to be out in the cold all day. First time out, I had another sled slide into me as they were coming down the backside of a mountain, going around a corner. They were on my side and clipped the front end. Second time out, the trails were all ice and my girl friend, who has snowmobiles all her life, went lickity split through the trails... I had a hard time keeping up with her. Also Bill and I have been called out one too many times for a recovery op. In 2 cases, 2 men died at the very same spot, just different occasions. We sold because we would rather the wheeled machine with roof and heater instead an open machine. I don't miss it. It's enjoyable but... It's easy to get hurt or be hurt...too many times these things are flying ( another snowmachine) and on your side of a blind corner. I can't afford to be laid up or hospitalized, especially due to recreating. The wheeler we ride during the week when no one is around. Much safer!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Glad to hear everyone is finally getting their packages. I am so sorry it took me forever to get to you!

I would like to add, to check the dies to make sure all those little tiny bits are out. I'm still practising on cutting them! Slowly but surely getting the hang of it!

Betsey, praying the Sun Gods showed for Hannah's wedding!!

Char, you've been on the go... Well it seems forever, with the ivig, the MRI, getting your tattoos for radiation. Please get some serious rest! Love Caitlyn and Aruthure making gingerbread houses!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

I’m tired of these busy days!

I miss not checking in, in the morning.
And staying in the loop.

I planned on a quick trip to Target, Home Goods and HL. They are right next to each other, then I was going to Woodmas
While at Target Casey called and asked if I could take the kids as she and Sonny needed to go up to the lake house. I said sure. I did get grocery shopping done. Rayn worked on homework all afternoon. The boys didn’t fight! I fed them salmon , hash browns corn and applesauce for dinner. They all ate good, oh and I made blueberry muffins.

Jo- glad your mom didn’t have to go to the ER. Constapation is awful.

Jojo thank you so much for the die cuts. They are so intricate,
Glad to hear you got your tree up.

Char hope the headache is gone by now.

Donna let’s celebrate that radiation is on its way out!

Di, love the stocking story and how much Danielle loves hers.
We didn’t have pretty stocking growing up, just got a sock from our dresser drawer.

Tish - I’m sure your kids don’t want you buying them gifts.

I was downstairs watching a Hallmark movie but my heart wasn’t in it — having a bit of sister trouble. ..it’s a long story. ..all over the fact that my three guys no longer want to do the gift exchange. She’s mad because I won’t require them to do it....Jean declared no one Wouk day do it, men or women. .casey intervened and she thought Jean was emotional wiith coming back from Oregon and Marks condition. Jean was afraid we would loose our traditions so, I’ll talk to her tomorrow. I’m still upset, - was all afternoon too.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 12-15-18 07:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to scrappin 2

Ah, yes holidays can be a very emotional time for a lot of reasons. Sorry it is hard for your sister to change "traditions" from what has gone before.
Gift exchange can be hard when all the kids get older and the kids have kids...

My DIL brought up something that I had not thought of, the kids are now getting out of school and on their own, they are adults now and still don't participate in getting gifts for others, just waiting for their gifts.

This year I have spend the least amount than ever before. Feels kind of good really!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Morning!
Having coffee and texting with DIL while waiting for a call from my sister to give me an update on their travel plans.

Hope everyone has a good day today!!

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-16-18 07:10 AM
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, I stole your idea and put the little. The little bell is on my purse too!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-16-18 07:19 AM

JoJo, I used to have trouble getting all the little pieces Out of the die cuts. I bought a thing from Cathe’s Stamping up catalog for that purpose.

I am heading out today to try to finish shopping. I will go to J , ,Penney’s , Walmart and Staples for starters. I did most of my shopping on line. A couple of things I bought had high shipping costs. They were not from Amazon.

Our family was disappointed when Lisa stopped having her annual Christmas party. It was festive and fun. I am going to talk to her and ask why? She had room, and we all brought food.

I have spent too much this year. I will have to stop buying next year. Some of our grand children make more money than us! I will buy for the ones still in school.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

Morning grans,
Michelle spent the night.
We watched Home Alone!
One of my favorite Christmas movies.

She is leaving around 10.
I will do some shopping at Walgreens and get some photos for my December daily.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Good morning.

Tish, I think that will be a good compromise- buying for the kids that are still in school.
Putting aside the money factor, it is just too darn hard coming up with gift ideas for so many people.

Donna, I love home alone!
One of our radio stations was doing a contest with Christmas movies. Home Alone and the Christmas Vacation were 2 of the last ones left for best Christmas movie- winner of that would go up against Elf. I didn’t find out which won because I didn’t have school run on Friday.
Fun movies but I still like It’s a wonderful life, the best.
I cry every time no matter how many times I’ve seen it.
I’m a softie!

I need to get out today and do a few things.
I think I haven’t started my shopping yet because I don’t know what to get- so I kind of have no interest in meandering about with nothing in mind.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-16-18 08:59 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trying to figure out what to get is so hard. Oh, Max has a list but they are all things out of my reach. Haven't a clue what to get Jill and Chip. (Maybe I will just get them a combined gift certificate to go out and eat.

My son John was just here and told me to get him nothing! We agreed, Christmas is just for kids but I will still get him something this year!

Betsey put some nice pictures of her granddaughter's wedding on FB.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-16-18 09:01 AM
In response to Tishd

I love Home Alone also, and Its a Wonderful Life!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-16-18 09:02 AM
In response to Tishd

I just heard from my daughter, Lisa. She and Joel spent last night in Boston and saw Andre Botticelli. Not sure how to spell his name. I love him!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

I started watching It's a Wonderful Life the other night - I will probably finish it soon.
I have a harder time watching most movies more than twice.
There are a few exceptions....

I posted some Dec daily pages that used the cards sent to me...if yours is not on that page don't worry, I have plans to use it but not ready to cut it!!! I may have to wait till I am ready to start the 12x12 Christmas pages then I won't have to cut!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

It’s a Wonderful Life is a favorite of mine too!!
It really rings true about the meaning of Christmas.
I cry also...

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Doing laundry, anxiously waiting for the noon hour to order Chinese delivery and watching YouTube.
Then I will head out shopping- I think.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Went shopping today.
Im 90% done with Christmas.
Tuesday, going to The Block with Kerry and will get the rest done.
The Block is a fun outdoor mall. Very charming.

On my 2nd load of laundry..
Will have lunch soon.
Had such a nice visit with Michelle.
Missing Bubs and Ellen..
They are coming Christmas Eve.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

One more treatment...
Tomorrow!!
Am so thankful for virtually no side effects..
Thank you God.

Char, I know you’re anxious to get your radiation done.
It will be over before you know it!!
How are you feeling today??

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 12-16-18 01:29 PM
In response to bonprof

Good afternoon.

I posted from my phone but apparently it didn't go thru.

My headache is gone but feel blah. I'm so glad I only have 3 appointments this week. Now watch they will call me to start radiation!

TRISH I call foul on your dd not putting up a tree. Especially because of the dog. shows who is the most important in that household.

If you come to my house for Christmas you get a gift.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

We got the tree into the house. Hannah and I will decorate after dinner.
Spent the afternoon, redoing a poster for our Winter Poker Run. Dealing with Hubby and Presidents of two clubs...and others ( they've all got opinions) about drove me crazy. Now to make dinner and get back to what I wanted to make of this day!

Christmas is for kids... Acts of kindness and fun, silly gathering for adults. Just my two cents.
If my kids fought over who should do what and what they EXPECTED from someone else and were to complain about it.. I'd be furious. Don't p i s s and moan if you're not willing to do something nice yourself. To make another feel like they're not living up to your expectations...is downright ignorant and childish...shame on them!
Sorry, but that is how I feel. They should be counting their blessings and helping those less fortunate.

Our kids understand we buy for the grandbabies. They had their childhood Christmases. They are now adults and participate in making the holiday as special as they can for thier own little ones. It's just the way it is in my family.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-16-18 03:00 PM

You are right Jojo. My son, John, was here today and expressed those exact sentiments.

Tim picked up one of our extra trees today to take home and either decorate it and surprise the kids or wait until they come Tuesday and let them decorate. I was shopping for awhile today and forgot to pick up gingerbread houses! It was kind of a mad house in Waterville today so I didn't stay out there long.

Sharon a few's movie that I have watched several times are The Sound of Music (love that movie), Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn and Pretty Woman. Normally I do not watch movies several times!

We are just having hamburgers and rolls tonight for supper. Neither of us are very hungry.

Donna, I am glad you are almost at the end of your radiation. Hopefully Char will be done soon too.

Trish did you manage to go shopping?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Tishd

Hi Grans....I got home from the folks last night. I was asleep before 8 and slept u til 8:30 this morning. I still feel tired.

After church dinner today we came home and baked sugar cookies for the boys party tomorrow. After we have school in the morning at our coop we are going to have a cookie decorating party. The oldest is 8 and the youngest is 2. Doesn’t that sound fun!!

Since I am doing a homemade Christmas this year I really didn’t have things to buy. I do t have all my projects finished. This week is going to be busy. I am hoping mom and dad get along ok.

Thinking of all of you!!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bears99

Jo, glad you're home and getting ready for the holidays.

Tish, nice that Tim took home a tree.
Does he have stuff to decorate it with?

Char, I honestly don't think the girls care one way or the other if there is a tree or not.
But you are right about the dog.
She definitely rules the roost.
They were all here on Thursday for Chandler's bday and not one of them said anything about our tree- and it is completely new- no one mentioned it or said Hey! nice tree or Hey! that's new/different.
They just don't care, I think.
Also, they are never home for Christmas- they are always with us.

Jojo, I am the same about gifts for adults- they don't get any !!
Since I had grandkids my focus has always been on them.
I don't (usually ) buy for my kids and i definitely don't want them buying for me.
I do buy for the kids to give to their parents, but that's it.

I did go shopping but not for Christmas.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bears99

I found out a couple of things my sister is going through and why she became unhitched. We have resolved everything. I took her some flowers after church.

We got word that Mark isn't doing well. He isn't eating and is very weak. I had a feeling that that might happen after getting through the wedding. I feel so badly for him and his family. ...........and so helpless sitting way back here in Illinois. I keep texting my Sil and the girls to let them know I'm thinking of them.

Thank heavens for good friends. I bit off more than I could chew trying to make the cut out cookies and getting them baked before the kids came. Nance and Mark came over to watch the game. I had one batch of dough almost done and it wasn't turning out. --I tried a different sugar cookie recipe from allrecipes. It had too much flour in it. I was going to toss it in the garbage but Nance said "NO!". Meanwhile I made my tired and true recipe from the red and white checked cookbook. So she rolled and cut and I cleaned up. She even used the first batch of dough. She was horrified I was going to throw it out. She had 11 siblings and they didn't throw anything out. She said, "I'm just like my mother." I was still so stressed out from Mark and everything that went down yesterday. She was a Godsend. We've been friends for about 45 years.

Christmas is weird this year. I keep trying to remember the true meaning, but it hasn't helped much.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, my heart is aching for you and I haven't wanted to say much. I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling.
Going through the wedding had to be tough, as well as your visit there.
I have been thinking of you and noticed you haven't been on much- I keep thinking you're probably struggling thinking about your brother and the family.

Glad your friend came through for you with the cookies!
GO BEARS !!!
They took their division !!
Congrats!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Thinking of you Cathe...

Jojo, just found your package on the porch.
Haven’t opened it yet.. thank you in advance.
Will open in the morning.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

The Sound of Music is on now, wonder if you are watching Tish!
That is always a favorite.
I finished watching Its a Wonderful Life today.

This is a stressful time right now Cathe.
Glad your friend helped save the cookies!
I need to make a batch tomorrow, as well as a lot of other things!!

Got a call from my sister today, she is not sure when or if they are going to make it south this year.
During Jim's followup appointments from his stroke in September they found a thoracic aneurysm that the cardiologist want checked by thoracic surgeon...if there is any concern they are going to Mayo Clinic MN for second opinion and/or surgery. Even best case I would think should be watched closer to home and not be gone for four months.
We will see what comes of it.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Jo, glad you are home preparing for your Christmas.
Maybe you will sleep well again tonight and catch some rest.

Donna, tomorrow is the day!!
The last one!
You have a package to celebrate with!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, oh my- I sure hope there are no further problems with your BIL but I would think it would be best to stay close to home and doctors.

Watching YT today I stumbled upon a vid of a guy making a template that helps to make wreaths ( stamping ) .
So, I looked them up and they were only $13 for a set of 2- but shipping was $7.
Well, cheap ole me isn't paying that for 2 little 6x6 sheets of plastic - I didn't mind the 13 bucks for the items but that shipping is crazy.
They cant weigh more than a few ounces !!
So I followed his video and made my own!!
I was just going to make mine out of heavy cardstock but as I was searching for my grid paper, I found some quilters template plastic sheets- why do I have them....I don't know! But they came in handy!!
Now I'll need to find some stamps that will work.
So far all I found was a little MS stamp set.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

I think it's ok to link this here because they don't sell this product - I couldn't find it anyway.
https://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=...

I was wondering if stamping up carried something like this?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sewflake

We had fun at our family Christmas. I didn’t get many pictures. Too much going on and everyone running around. Sorry I am not talking much. I am in a funk. I will be missing a Christmas dinner at my aunt’s house on Christmas Eve. Karyol has to get dialysis that day.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Very late check in.. busy busy day, will chat tomorrow

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Cheryl, I know this has to be a pretty trying time for you and Karyol right now.
So much going on and all at one time.

Page 564 of 564 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics